( ➴ ) ── REVAMPED

For roleplays featuring human or human-like characters which have inhuman abilities or live in an (original) fantasy world. E.g. vampires, shape-shifters, werewolves. However this category does not include roleplays based on existing fandoms such as Twilight or Harry Potter

♃ — bear — 2

Postby Foe Paw » Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:58 pm

( ) Bᴇᴀʀ
      ---- x he/him 30 years loc. tags. mouse, raccoon

──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────

the camp was unusually empty tonight. for all that the creatures were, in one way or another, the only place for them, this hardly ever meant they had to stay by each other's side at all times. the creatures often had scores, hunts, or business opportunities that kept them away from camp for longer. he pulled up his mental list of people who had let him know beforehand that they'd be doing things that took them further than a day away, marked those absenses as explainable and noticed to his dismay that there were still several members who should have been around today, but weren't — fox, boar and mouse, just off the top of the list. that was fine, though. while all of the members had chores bear had put them up to, none of them were the type of tasks that would take most of their time to do. there was plenty of free time on the life of an outlaw, and it wasn't unusual to look for the privacy that a camp didn't offer by spending their free time out in the woods.

all this bear was telling himself very firmly to keep himself from losing it, when almost fifteen minutes had gone by and he still hadn't caught sight of anyone besides raccoon.

he'd handed raccoon the bowl and a spoon he'd pocketed when he caught sight of her sweeping her tent. for when her hands were less full, he also left the baked apple propped on a crate serving as improvised table. bear didn't manage to get any useful information about where the rest of the creatures had headed out, though. bear started going from annoyed at not being able to find them to confused at how he'd managed to miss almost everybody in a moment where their pursuits should have already ended and sent them back home, and he was starting to edge on concerned when mouse came trudging in, with a bag at his side, leaves in his hair and black charcoal stains on his hands.

the relief was enough to make bear leave the first instinct to scold aside and to focus on bringing mouse over to the campfire and make sure the one creature he managed to spot was fed properly. he herded mouse towards the rain barrel for washing up — swiping away at forest debris in his curly hair — before turning back to the stew pot.
      "thought you were gone," he muttered absentmindedly, picking up another bowl from the stack he'd set aside and ladling stew in. "where's the rest of them?"

Foe Paw

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

𝚜𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚠𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚋𝚕𝚊𝚌𝚔 𝚑𝚒𝚕𝚕𝚜 2

Postby kanni » Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:34 am

─────────────── 𝚛𝚊𝚌𝚌𝚘𝚘𝚗 ────────────────── ─ ─
────────────── 𝚢𝚊𝚜𝚎𝚖𝚒𝚗 𝚗𝚒𝚔𝚘𝚕𝚊𝚎𝚟 ──────────────── ─ ─
    she/they || 24 || starflower/sandalwood || personal tent || bear, mouse || restless
██
██
██

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
raccoon barely had the chance to fully turn towards an approaching bear before her newly empty hands found themselves the holders of a warm bowl of fragrant stew. her mouth watered as the scent of various spices wound its way into her sensitive nose, so much stronger now than when it was in the much-larger cauldron. raccoon had used that pot for many a small potion, though she often did so under the cover of night, or when a few tattle tails were out of camp, and would never admit that she had a feeling some of her concoctions were the reason the well-worn metal had odd bits stuck to it and some stains that didn't make a ton of sense. of course, nothing she made in the community pot was dangerous to ingest, nor did she perform any of her harming rituals anywhere near camp. raccoon was a firm believer of keeping negative and positive energy separate, and working with different deities for different purposes. she'd been spiritual for a long, long time, and knew better than to try to mix the two. it only brought bad omens and the kind of luck that no one wanted. shaking her head, the braid rabbit had twisted together for her the day before - she wasn't quite sure how it was still holding itself together over 24 hours later - thumping against her back, a fond smile graced raccoon's features.
xxx
"thank you bear, looks fantastic." she was quick to carefully wrap clawed fingers around the utensil she had been given, all but shoveling the stew into her mouth. for all of her learned etiquette and carefully crafted noble persona, raccoon matched her given name at the end of the day. she was just as easily distracted, just as possessive, and just as messy. this included how she ate in a casual setting. while her skirts and shirts were mostly stained with wayward dye, paint, and charcoal, a handful did belong to food - it was good cloth, good enough to be used as a napkin in emergencies. raccoon did have a few articles of clothing she did keep stain free, not for court use (those were tucked away in a secret compartment of the group's wagon) but for important occasions such as birthday celebrations, times of mourning, and just for the days when raccoon missed feeling put together. the later didn't occur often, as she was happy to spread chaos among the people with little care towards her appearance. the most vain raccoon was, truly, was in regards to her hair and the ink that had been etched into her wrists. she was always willing to paint the skin of her family, to be honest she yearned to. she loved being able to match with them, and had gifted mouse and moose each a matching friendship bracelet when she managed to find some scrap yarn a few months back.
xxx
speaking of mouse, raccoon turned her gaze to include the man in her field of vision. her feet were quick to take her closer to him and bear, though she was careful not to spill the soup she chose to continue to eat as she pattered over.
xxx
"did you get hit in the face?" raccoon tried to mumble around half a mouthful of dinner, gesturing with her now empty spoon at the split on mouse's lip. "you got a little something goin' on there. it's not too bad, its just--there." she swallowed, licking at the corner of her mouth where a drop of stew managed to remain.
kanni

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me