Secrets of Chicago (Open & Accepting!)

For roleplays featuring human or human-like characters which have inhuman abilities or live in an (original) fantasy world. E.g. vampires, shape-shifters, werewolves. However this category does not include roleplays based on existing fandoms such as Twilight or Harry Potter

Re: Secrets of Chicago (Open & Accepting!)

Postby cocogerber13 » Sun May 23, 2021 1:02 pm

Celia Chase // Visiting Human - Starting a New Life // Location: Street (supernatural area) // Tags: Xanthe

Celia was still quite tense from the overwhelming situation, leading to her jumping a little when the figure turned back towards her and dropped their bag. They appeared quite flustered about the situation as well, which instantly made the woman feel apologetic. “A-ah, so sorry! I really didn’t mean to startle you!” She was about to offer help with the bag before realising that nothing had spilled out; this is probably a fortunate thing anyways, since this person..? seemed about ready to flee if she made her way closer. Not knowing what to do with her hands, Celia held them together to her chest as she stuttered to explain her intent. “It’s- I- just- thought you might’ve hurt yourself on something a moment there, but you seem quite all right so...” an uneasy grin had made its way to the newcomer’s face, her nervousness showing in the way her voice raised a few octaves throughout her sentence. At this point she gave a quiet, awkward chuckle and raised a hand to scratch the back of her neck. “And I’m a bit new around this area, so... um...” her words trailed off, both from her brain questioning why she was even spouting this information as well as just flat out not knowing what to say. “Haha, sorry, I just... don’t know these streets all that well yet. I really hope this wasn’t too much of a bother for you though.” Although Celia’s words were genuine, her attention was clearly elsewhere as her eyes were searching the newly replaced glasses for any sign of.., whatever it was she had spotted before.

———

Eventide, “Evan” // Dragon - Human Researcher // Location: Outside of The Crystal Core// Tags: Izzy, Metilaeno

Evan watched Izzy with interest and mixed emotions, glad for his current form’s ears being so small compared to his other. As a dragon, his larger ears perked, drooped, and twitched with any sort of change in thought; it was so obvious what he was feeling, in fact, that his facial expressions had become essentially stone-faced. This definitely helped in situations like this, where he was fidgeting with his wind orb awkwardly as he wondered what she was thinking about his suggestion. Izzy was probably far too analytical in thinking about what his offer could do to fully explain it to him, but he sensed that it probably didn’t help much with her current project.

As the other seemed to consider a few things to herself, Eventide turned his attention to the “ball” in his hands. With a mere thought, it enlarged itself to fill the space of both of them, and with a little concentration he could start to visualize the evaporation of the water within to a very faint cloud. Under normal circumstances the converted water vapor was entirely normal, but the increased energy from Evan’s manipulation had indeed infused it into the magical compound the potionmaker had muttered about. The dragon came back to his senses as Izzy inquired about the potion he had asked about, still holding the cloud-filled orb in his hands. “I am not entirely sure how the whole veil thing works for us, or if you could even manipulate it with a potion, but after living here for a little while I have realized that my fur-er, hair color does not tend to match those of the normal humans.” As if to demonstrate his point, the man raised a newly freed hand (the orb was now centralized above only one, despite its large size) and took a bit of his pale purple-grey hair in between his thumb and forefinger. “And I can’t pull my hood up to hide it really either.” His hand again moved to prove his point, pulling the hood up before a gentle wind tugged it instantly back to where it had been before. “It’s not a big deal, but... I thought that if you already had some sort of illusion potion available, then I would ask...”

Just as he finished his request, Evan visibly perked up as another figure got closer. It was... Maeve, if he remembered correctly? She was the weapon enchantress, and as someone who didn’t often use weapons, Eventide supposed it made sense that he rarely interacted with her. “Hello.” He greeted with a friendly tone, although a friendly tone to a dragon wasn’t that far off from monotone (what with the whole ears-expression system). Pale aqua irises flickered from the siren to the ooze, Evan’s eyes widening slightly at a realization. “Ah, I’m sorry, do you two have business with each other..?” He wondered aloud, his face flushing a little as the thought occurred to him that they may have stalled their meeting. Izzy had left her lab with a confident stride, he recalled.

———

Zach Lee // Adjusted Human - the jokester // Location: alley // Tags: Alex, Ryker

Zach was going about his normal routine, humming whatever song was stuck in his head that afternoon as he strode alongside his fluffy, white-furred family member. The Samoyed’s tongue lolled as she trotted ahead, although once the sound of an interesting- and perhaps somewhat tense-toned- conversation reached both of their ears, the pair slowed and watched the interaction. Obviously the dog had no clue what words were being exchanged, but the energy of the redhead was eye-catching enough even for her to pause on her walk. “Nimbus,” Zach softly whistled as to ignore the sketchy interaction and continue onwards, but as his glance passed over Ryker, his expression turned serious. Although he knew of the supernatural-hunting bounty hunter from the being in the same place same time type of deal, the other man’s status was enough to cause a little fear. And this other guy seemed to be having a bit of a crisis; as Zach tried to pretend that his dog was being stubborn as the reason of his eavesdropping, he inferred that it was this man’s first experience with the supernatural. This realization led to Zach casually turning back, glancing again between the two men, and finally approaching them, Nimbus in tow. The dark-haired man minded his own business when he thought it fit, but seeing as Ryker intimidated him and he didn’t want to risk a potentially dangerous situation on a newbie, he was perfectly fine with inviting himself into the meet up.

“Hey fellas, mind if I tag along if you’re going somewhere?” Zach broke in cheerfully. A pleasant smile ran along his face, though it didn’t fully reach his eyes as he scanned the faces of his peers. He didn’t know either party very well, especially considering he had never seen one of them in his life and the other he held in the same esteem as an action movie protagonist. Still, a third representative could offer their own experiences to a discussion as well as make sure no one gets permanently silenced from witnessing something they shouldn’t have and all that jazz. “Eh, but if we do go somewhere, I’d prefer if it were somewhere my sweet little cloud could join us.” Zach lowered a hand to ruffle the fur on the samoyed’s head, to which the canine looked upwards with a doggy grin.
cocogerber13

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Craboom-047 » Sun May 23, 2021 3:15 pm

Joshua Reynolds|30|the Mysterious|Accustomed human|tags/mentions: Lucinda, Rhysand|Supernatural Archives

Joshua continued to look around the visitor area. He glanced over at the woman up ahead and felt a much stronger feeling of unease seize him as he moved closer. It was anything but surprising, he knew it was simply an effect she seemed to have on him. He could only guess it was some form of power of hers, but he sometimes thought that was just him thinking way too into things. Still, he had been there a few times before and this same feeling got to him each time. He hadn't managed to shake it off for some time after leaving the place. He tended to be paranoid around those areas, so this was nothing new to him. As he observed the area, he unintentionally ended eavesdropping upon the exchange between the two others in the archives. He pondered what the object being exchanged truly was. Maybe it could be something of interest, but for the time being he assuming it was not anything he was looking for.
Josh was just so lucky to be glancing towards the woman when she gave him a nod and spoke to him. He gave a nod back and said, "Hello to you, I am just browsing for now."

Metilaeno Aquithea|"Maeve"|"25"|Weapon Enchanter|Siren|tags/mentions: Evantide, Izzy|street

Metilaeno continued on her path towards the two figures. One she was quick to recognize as the woman she was looking for, and the other was a familiar figure she could not recall the name of at the moment. She was usually good with names, but this often took a few tries for her to properly attach a name to a face. She was vaguely aware of his role as a researcher, but that was all she really knew about his role. She respected researchers, but she never really interacted much with them. It was just a matter of circumstance. She simply associated more with those who frequented her workshop as well as those who worked with potions and other forms of enchantments. She often immersed herself heavily into her work, giving her little time for much else out of her work and self care. Sometimes she wished she could have been able to do more with her time outside of her job. She was more focussed on earning her keep in hopes of a better future to actually live life.
As she approached the area, she heard a greeting directed at her, which she responded to with a grin and a wave. It was not much but good enough given her limitation in such an environment. She stopped in front of the two of them, only to be faced with another question. She simply shook her head in response.
Craboom-047

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Foe Paw » Sun May 23, 2021 3:42 pm

Aʟᴇxᴀɴᴅʀᴇ ᴅᴇ Aʟᴄᴀ̂ɴᴛᴀʀᴀ
      ---- he/him 26 visiting human location. alley tags. ryker, zach
      "h-hey. that's a beautiful dog, man." alex gestured to the white samoyed weakly, before turning to look at its grinning owner. "hey, is the street on the other side of this one really important or something? it has a lot of traffic. a lot of weird traffic." his mouth caught up to what he was saying to the person coming directly out of the alley in question just as it left it. "that wasn't a dig! i just mean-"

he gripped his pack a little tighter, his eyes drifting almost involuntarily back towards the distant end of the alley. for all intents and purposes, the street looked fairly normal to him. narrow walls, layered with peeling paint, grafitti and old posters; hardly anything of note to see from the other end of the street, although it was far away and shadowed. he thought he caught a strange smell, though, like something chemical mixed with odd spices. the place had an odd quality to it, of a treshold, like standing in the doorway of a place you hadn't been invited to and were unsure of your welcome. he sure had managed to stop one really intimidating guy, and the second person to jump into the conversation didn't scowl as much but two strangers on an alley was beginning to become kind of a crowd for alex.

"anyways, yeah, i'm sorry. i don't-- think we were going anywhere! i was just... getting directions, of a sort? i should probably get out of your way by now." he was still going to go check out whatever was at the end of this place. he'd come to chicago before on the yearly alcântara party, but he couldn't say he knew the city well enough to orient from memory. he turned to dig at his pack and congratulated himself on the foresight of bringing a map of chicago, which he spread out and started looking for the street they were just in. the mystery of the well-traveled alley was going to dig at him unless he found out it opened to yates boulevard or something like that.

Foe Paw

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby InfectedHau » Sun May 23, 2021 4:24 pm

Izzy Ramirez IX||23||Female||Ooze||The Crystal Core||Tagged: Evan, Metilaeno
    "Oh hey," Izzy said, returning Metilaeno's wave. "Oh, right, you need your regular order, yeah? Go on in, I'll get it ready for ya." Turning back to Evan, the ooze continued, "I can crank out some magical dye if you really want to, but it's not that big a problem, is it? You could just say you dye it. Humans got all sorts of stuff they put in their hair, they'd probably be jealous that you come by it naturally." The Siren was a frequent customer of hers, Enchanting and Alchemy were very interlinked fields after all. Turning back around, Izzy stepped back into her shop, flipping the sign back around. "Y'all two can have a seat," she said, stepping behind the countertop and into her lab, "I'll get your stuff ready." Though she didn't have any joints to pop, she still made the motion, her skin and clothes reverting to their natural slimy state as she got to work.
InfectedHau

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Consulting_Angel » Wed May 26, 2021 8:22 am

Ryker Garrett
28|Male|Human
Tagged: Alex, Zach
He expected the questions - after all, he supposed, he'd also be confused by his response. Ryker tried to decide how he should continue. Would this guy freak out if he told him the truth? Or should he just pull him through to see the alleyway, to properly see through the veil and view the activity that was actually occurring. "Most people can't - not in that way, they'll see them as a human." Ryker explained, casually. He didn't respond with introducing himself - he guessed that if this guy was involved with the letter he'd received, then he'd expect him to already know. What he did say, though, was, "I'm actually meant to be meeting someone here." he tried to make it sound like he knew who he was meeting, although he didn't have the slightest clue as to who or what he should be looking out for.

He paused, almost freezing as he heard another voice, and he turned slightly to see another man, with a samoyed, had also joined them. Ryker vaguely recognised the man - they'd had a couple of run-ins before when he'd been on jobs, reluctantly teaming up. But outside of that... he didn't really know him. His name began with a 'Z', though, he was sure.
Ryker shrugged, though he didn't really want someone else tagging along. Not that he was going anywhere. "I'm meeting someone here. Supposedly. For a job." he paused, before taking out the letter that he'd been given.

Glancing towards Alex, Ryker looked rather unimpressed. "I wouldn't say anything like that to them, if you properly meet anyone who lives down there." he commented.

Lucinda Cora
26|Female|Gorgon
Tagged: Rhysand, Josh
Ahh, days may well be right, she thought. Anatomy of Supernatural... she had very few books relating to that sort of subject - for some reason, they were some of the hardest to come by, and those that did own them were reluctant to part with them. She was going to have to set aside some time later to give it a proper look through. For now, it seemed that there were going to be some other matters that were more important... and intriguing. "We'll see. I'm sure there's plenty more space to fill yet." Lucinda commented. Even if, she thought, she'd have to shrink down the visitor areas. Then again, it seemed that the archives had a habit of being just the right size, no matter the size of her collection.
She raised an eyebrow as Rhysand tempted, practically teasing her snakes - the nearest to the finger stretching out with curiosity, tongues gently flicking out as they attempted to investigate. "I'm sure they do. I suppose Phoenix is a good taste to them." she replied, pointedly, a little tempted to lean forward just enough to let the snakes take a bite, but she figured it would be better not to - not at the moment, anyway.

"See you later." Lucinda added, as Rhysand left. She wondered what the letter had said, and somewhat wished she'd read the letters. Taking the tossed aside envelope, though, she looked carefully at the handwriting. It seemed vaguely familiar, but she didn't quite know how or where. Maybe she'd have to look through all her hand-written files and books, to see if she could find any sort of match. But that would have to come later, for the human that was here was her next focus.
"Well. Are you looking for anything in particular? I don't tend to let idle browsing happen in my archive." she asked, her tone a little cold, as if she wasn't quite sure she could trust him.

Xanthe Chicane
"23"|Nonbinary|Mothman
Tagged: Celia
"Wh- no, no. It's okay, I'm not used to humans following me around." Xanthe replied, then realised what they'd said. Uh oh. They rubbed the back of their head, sheepishly. "I- I mean, other people. I'm a human." they quickly corrected themselves, certain that they'd covered up their mistake. "And I'm fine, don't worry. My eyes do that sometimes, not everyone notices." Xanthe explained, wondering if they could come up with some excuse or another to try and turn the human back onto the regular, human streets. After all, they didn't want her to get into any trouble with another supernatural being. "It's okay, Chicago can be confusing. Where were you going? I know the city well - I can help once I've got this home." Xanthe offered, although realised that they might be inviting the human to come further into the supernatural streets... and they had certainly noticed how she seemed to be looking for something - their eyes, they assumed. Sure, maybe they could get this over with and show her their true form right there and then, but Xanthe also didn't want to cause any trouble or a panic - though they were still rather excited (even if they hid it the best they could) to be talking to a human like this.
"Um... my name's Xanthe." they introduced themselves, hoping to distract her from their glasses and eyes.
Consulting_Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cocogerber13 » Wed May 26, 2021 8:51 am

Celia Chase // Visiting Human - Starting a New Life // Location: Street (supernatural area) // Tags: Xanthe

Celia’s head tilted to the side a little bit when the other mentioned the word ‘human’ in an odd way, practically confirming her hunch that they were not one themself. Their corrected excuse afterwards also made this evident, and it did so in a way that almost made Celia give a snort of amusement. Perhaps it was just because this creature was flustered, but they did not seem to have a lot of experience with this sort of interaction.

As they explained that their eyes ‘just sort of did that sometimes’, the young woman arched an eyebrow. “They... turn red and glow..?” She muttered doubtfully, her own round eyes still searching for theirs. Although she was not quite sure what she had seen, it definitely didn’t appear to be something that just normally happened to most people. Celia decided to drop the topic, however, when the mothman offered help- as well as a way for the woman to potentially tactfully interrogate them. Of course she didn’t want to be rude, but the other acted friendly enough despite their somewhat intimidating size. “Oh, please! I mean uh, if it’s not too much trouble for you, Xanthe.” She quickly masked her enthusiasm before trying to pronounce Xanthe’s name correctly. “And thank you. My name is Celia, and again, I’m really sorry to have interrupted whatever you were doing.” Though her demeanor had calmed a little, her eyes were still flickering to every movement around them as she processed the situation. She had clearly seen someone just before with wings, and the strangeness of the entire area made her think it was more than just a simple convention or event. Still, she hoped that she could wait a little bit before straight up asking about everything. There was always the possibility of danger if she found out a little bit too much, and although her new (official) guide was friendly enough, they had just met.

———

Eventide, “Evan” // Dragon - Human Researcher // Location: Outside of The Crystal Core// Tags: Izzy, Metilaeno

Evan silently noted the non speaking habit of Maeve, racking his brain for what he remembered about the enchantress until he saw her shake her head. She was probably just doing that so he wouldn’t feel bad, Eventide thought, although judging from Izzy’s reaction it was also possible that she was just a regular. Perhaps their two occupations had a connection? Both potions and enchantments were pretty commonplace around there. Again, his inner ramblings were silenced once the potionmaker addressed him. At the mention of dye, as well as it not being a big deal, Evan gave a small nod. “I... suppose I could, but I think I would also like to have some on hand in case I really need to blend in.” Now that the dragon thought about it more, it probably wouldn’t be all that uncommon for someone with purple hair to want to get a more natural colored dye from a normal human store. He was just still quite skittish around humans, especially since he had had a few people compliment him on the color and even ask how he got it that way; apparently, saying “It just grew like that” was the wrong answer.

As he made his way back into the potion shop after Izzy had invited the two in, he lowered his head a bit and spoke a quick “thank you” before settling down on a chair. still holding the wind-surrounded magic-infused water in his hands, he wondered what he should do with it. Did their host want it now, or..? As Evan glanced around the lab for somewhere that might hold the water, his glance swept over Maeve and he suddenly recalled that she was a siren. Clearly she wasn’t a fish and could survive out of the water, but she still needed it, right? Clearing his throat, the dragon wondered aloud, “Do you... have any use for this..? It’s water.”

———

Zach Lee // Adjusted Human - the jokester // Location: alley // Tags: Alex, Ryker

Zach’s grin grew a little wider at the compliment towards his pet. “Thanks! She’s friendly if you’d like to pet her.” The man commented cheerfully, but at the mention of the weird traffic, he glanced at Ryker to see what he would say. It wasn’t exactly his business to be sharing the supernatural world with everyone, and if his assumption had been incorrect, then he didn’t want to involve someone who wouldn’t know what he was talking about. Luckily, Ryker seemed to have a bit more context and did most of the talking- although he was also trying to keep it on the down low. Zach gave a thoughtful hum and then turned back to Alex. “Sorry, what happened again? You see something?” He questioned, recalling how most of the humans who knew of the supernaturals came about finding them. Maybe the threshold itself just had weird vibes, but seeing as how the new guy actually went to the trouble of bringing out a map, Zach didn’t think this was something that they could just pass off. If this guy truly had witnessed something, then he would prefer if the other didn’t make a big deal out of it. “Oh, I can help you with directions if you need em, though I guess you’ve got a map.” He offered, wondering if the supernatural area would be shown on it or not. Zach didn’t think so, although he also knew the area well enough not to need a map and honestly hadn’t paid much attention to them in quite a while.

When Ryker mentioned “meeting someone”, the dark-haired man barely batted an eye. “Meeting” people was that guy’s business, and Ryker didn’t want to interfere- except for the observation that Ryker’s wording was a little less confident than usual. “Supposedly?” Zach questioned. He really didn’t want to involve himself this time, especially considering he still had Nimbus with him, but now his curiosity was piqued. “This street has been pretty empty while I was walking. Did they give you a time or something?” He asked, his eyes settling on the back of the letter Ryker had pulled out.
cocogerber13

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

⊕ streets like a jungle

Postby sammy, » Thu May 27, 2021 12:53 am

─( )──────── ❝𝐕𝐀𝐋𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐄
      xxxxxxxxxxxx𝚑𝚘𝚠 𝚖𝚊𝚗𝚢 𝚜𝚎𝚌𝚘𝚗𝚍𝚜 𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚒𝚗 𝚎𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚗𝚒𝚝𝚢?
      the peacemakertagged: xanthe, celialocation: street

valentine had had a rough go of it recently, and it had reached its apogee the night previous.
    it had just been a casual drink at a bar. a casual few drinks, but he wasn't counting, and he didn't really think that it mattered, at the end of the day. he was having a good time to himself, a little bit of a break from day-to-day hassle, and somehow, it had involved him poking a little bit of fun at a man who sat in the stool beside him. it hadn't been serious, he hadn't meant anything, was just trying to make some form of conversation in a room devoid of it, and -
    well, to cut a long story short, the man offered him out for a fight. and, never passing up an opportunity, valentine had followed him outside and promptly been shot.

which was incredibly rude, come to think of it.

it hadn't lasted long. it never did - his cells regenerated themselves, the healing process a bit hindered by the alcohol, but fast all the same, and when he had come to his senses with a gasp and a look of sheer offence, he had been shot again. and that was just insolent.
    the second revival had not come with an immediate bullet, but a slew of questions, and while he was happy to have the opportunity to spin a tale about how he had come to be - ("i threw a peanut at a witch and she cursed me with a nut allergy and an eternity to have to deal with it.") - and how long he had been running around for, death an oversight - ("when shakespeare said that 'hell is empty and the devils are here', he was actually referring to me. he really didn't like me, that man.") - it did get a little bit dull when he was only confronted with awe and shock. he liked a challenge. (really, it was easy to discount both of those stories, as peanuts were introduced to the united kingdom in the nineteenth century, and witches were long since culled by then.) - but still, it gave him someone to speak to, and that was enough.

he didn't really like chicago. it was far too easy to get murdered in chicago, and he had a very bad track record of being murdered. he blamed it on having 'the kind of face that people feel the urge to put a hole in', and this city was filled with people who would rather see him with a couple more wounds than strictly necessary.

regardless of the danger, valentine was out again. he hadn't changed his clothes from the red-stained shirt that he had been wearing the day before, saw no point in it - any glances cast his way were more offended than concerned, and that was the kind of attention he quite enjoyed, the shocked, baffled kind - and was walking the streets looking for something to do.

a conversation in an alleyway caught his ear. mostly because he vaguely knew the voice one half of it belonged to, and secondly because he was incorrigibly nosy. it had been the source of many executions in the past. so he hung around the corner for a little while, pinpointing the name that the voice belonged to - (xion? xandra? - xanthe.) and once the stranger introduced herself as celia, he thought - well, might as well jump in.

"hello!" he beamed, veering around the wall to make his presence known. "sorry. i heard you chatting. and i thought... you know, xanthe, haven't seen them in a while. little bit of a catchup. who's your, err, mate?" he looked directly at celia, glancing her up and down. "were you saying you weren't local? sorry, i'm a proper earwig. my only flaw, hands to the sky. shoot me down if i'm telling a fib -" a pause, but he did not find himself smote by whatever god had laid this curse on him, and he was thankful. would have been a tad awkward. "anyway. i just wanted to extend my deepest condolences. i hate it here. awful place. dunno why you'd come here of your own volition, but we all do mental things, don't we?" he glanced between the two of them, trying to gauge the atmosphere. not too tense, but a shred of awkwardness in between the seams. though he didn't know this celia, she looked distinctly human, which made things a little bit muddy. "sorry. my manners. awful. maybe i do have a second flaw. valentine. i'd love to tag along on this tour. i've only seen the stomach of the beast of the windy city, and it's quite... stinking." another smile, trained and poised. "if that's alright? i'm not... interrupting anything, am i? really bad for that. third flaw. maybe i was lying earlier."
sammy,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby tawneypelt0504 » Thu May 27, 2021 5:57 am

Callirrhoe Megascops|25|Female|Griffin|Historian|Asexual-Biromantic|On the street|Tags/Mentions:Adrian,open
Calli was walking briskly down the street keeping her gaze towards the ground as she walked, avoiding eye contact with those around her. She was feeling rather nervous about the crowd around her and kept a strong grip on the cup of tea in her hand. Calli was trying to make her way back to the archives after popping out to grab a cup of tea. Although there were a couple of lovely tea shops on the supernatural streets her favorite had to be a nice little cafe with honestly the best blueberry scones anyone could ask for. A couple of them were tucked safely away in her leather messenger bag which was secure across the rest of her body as it was holding many months of research about the history of mermaids, selkies, and sirens. Although she had done a bit of research about these supernaturals before she hadn't gone as in-depth and boy was she glad she did. Thinking about her current research brought a small smile to Calli's face as she walked. She was finding everything about these ocean supernaturals to be incredibly interesting and it just made her want to learn ever more, Although it was rather difficult to get first-hand accounts of things since ocean supernaturals tended to keep to themselves. it also wasn't like there was an abundance of ocean supernaturals hanging around Chicago either. The challenge only invigorated Calli further and she felt determined to learn as much as she could.
While Calli was absentmindedly thinking about the history she ended up accidentally bumping into a man that was walking down the street which caused her tea hand to shake and the cover on her cup to fall off spilling her tea. Calli immediately turned bright red and started apologizing to the poor man, although she had certainly gotten herself with tea as well. "Oh oh no, sir I-I'm so incredibly sorry". she felt horrible about spilling her tea on this man and was furiously searching for her handkerchief to try and mend the situation as best she could. "I wasn't thinking, I mean I was but just not about where I was going and oh I'm so sorry" Calli continued becoming increasingly flustered as she continued to look for her handkerchief. Calli finally managed to find it and shot her arm out towards the man "here, I um also have tissues if you need them" Calli said glancing up at the man before immediately looking back down to embarrassed to keep eye contact at the moment and she could feel that her human disguise wasn't holding up as well as it usually did and she didn't need another reason to panic at the moment.

Emery Giles|29|Non-binary|Human|Optimist|Pansexual|Supernateral archives|Tags/Mentions: Lucinda, Josh,open
Emery strolled down the supernatural street with a pile of books in their hands enjoying seeing the supernaturals and even greeting a few of them as they made their way over to the supernatural archives. It had been a while since Emery had gotten a chance to visit their supernatural friends, but unfortunately, they had something they needed to do first. Emery wasn't one to hang around the archives since they didn't like to read all that much but in their opinion, supernatural books were much more interesting than the ones in human libraries. They had borrowed a couple of books from Lucinda a couple of weeks ago and were heading back to return them and Emery certainly didn't want to get on Lucinda's bad side. They knew Lucinda had no qualms with biting people and they didn't want to be added to that list. Emery shifted the books they were carrying to open the door to the archives stepping in with a big Cheshire-like grin. Although they didn't enjoy reading the archives were certainly comfortable and the smell of books was certainly not unpleasant. Noticing Lucinda talking with what Emery assumed was a customer they debated a moment before calling out to the gorgon "Do pardon the interruption, Luci but I was wondering where I should put these" Emery held up the books while making their way over to the pair still keeping their grin as they did so. Emery was also rather curious as to who this person could be and if they had met before.
tawneypelt0504

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Foe Paw » Thu May 27, 2021 8:43 am

Aʟᴇxᴀɴᴅʀᴇ ᴅᴇ Aʟᴄᴀ̂ɴᴛᴀʀᴀ
      ---- he/him 26 visiting human location. alley tags. ryker, zach
      "... folks, i'm sorry, this is just a lot. are you saying what it sounds like you're saying?" alex squinted at the still nameless man, then at the dogwalker, when he asked about the thing alex had been following. "yeah, i thought i did. see something, i mean. big, colorful... i don't want to say wings... ? although honestly. c'mon! i'm on a lot of meds at the moment and you'd have a much easier time convincing me it's just a strange side effect. you keep saying 'not human', but also somehow able to walk around without anyone seeing anything? and i'm not supposed to call them weird?"

he said that last bit with acidity, the pile of questions being handed to him starting to become daunting and the non-answers more frustrating. it wasn't really fair to take it out on whoever it was just because he wasn't getting answers quite fast enough. alex shook his head at himself, muttering a quiet 'sorry' before turning back to his map, spreading it out in front of him and then almost unbalancing from the weight of the pack. while he searched it for the street he was on, working back from the vaguely remembered path he'd taken earlier today, the dogwalker was interrogating the scarred man, who'd pulled up his own paperwork to stare at in hopes of an answer. he placed his recently purchased map on the wall, so he could point at it. "here, please, i'd love your input. the map is only so useful without knowing what's on what street. we're here, i think. near east 83rd, off avalon avenue... anything of note in this area?"

he also looked curiously at the other questions being asked, something about a meeting. the man probably had been going there before alex stopped him somehow doubted he'd get more of an answer from the scarred man when asking his name didn't get anything but a chiding look for his rudeness, but alex continued. "well, don't leave it there. what sort of work do you do? do you want help finding whoever it is you're supposed to meet? it's the least i could do to pay you back for stopping to talk with some stupid clown on an alleyway while you had a business meeting or something... would you give me some more details? i'm begging you here."

Foe Paw

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Consulting_Angel » Thu May 27, 2021 10:22 am

Ryker Garrett
28|Male|Human
Tagged: Alex, Zach
"Supposedly." Ryker confirmed. He didn't particularly want to drag Zach into another job, if he didn't have to. The last thing he needed was to get more people involved than necessary, especially given the contents of the letter. It was something he wanted to handle himself... though he guessed it might not happen. "No time. Just..." he hesitated, then held the letter out to Zach. "I've been hired for something. I've just been given this street."

Ryker glanced towards Alex. It would be easier if they guy brushed off the conversation happening, but... well, it seemed like that wasn't going to happen any time soon. It was going to be a harsh look at reality, but Ryker figured it was going to be easier to be blunt and to the point now. He glanced around, to ensure there weren't any other humans lingering around to overhear what he was going to say and do.
"You're going to have to have an open mind. But some humans - not many, there haven't been any others discovering it for fifteen years - can see through the 'veil' that some beings use to disguise themselves. They are also able to pass through the veil on the backstreets, and see the beings and buildings and activity that occurs." Ryker started. His voice was low, and serious. "I'm a... bounty hunter, of sorts. People hire me to hunt down the beings that are causing problems with humans or other supernaturals - killing them. None have been as cryptic at this, though... nor have I been hired to protect someone that I'm unaware of their identity." he then explained.

Then, without warning or even really waiting to hear Alex's reaction, Ryker stepped forward, and grabbed hold of Alex. He intended to pull him into the alleyway to step over the threshold and see the backstreet's bustling activity and supernatural residents, before pulling him back over it and onto the street again. "And that's one of the streets for you."

Lucinda Cora
26|Female|Gorgon
Tagged: Josh, Emery
Whilst waiting for the human to make a decision, Lucinda turned to glance at the door again when she noticed it open, and Emery step through. Lucinda let out a sigh of relief. She wasn't particularly keen on letting others take out books - most particularly those that could be considered fragile or artifacts - but sometimes, in a few circumstances, she'd allow it, with a strict deadline for their return.
"Emery," she greeted them, her tone steady. "Just on the desk is fine, I'll have them returned to their proper places soon. Did you find what you were looking for?" she asked. Lucinda didn't know a lot about Emery, but they had proved themselves to be trustworthy and responsible with her books so far, so she didn't mind them too much.
"Oh, I forgot to ask Rhysand while he was here, but I don't suppose you know a 'Josh'?" Lucinda asked, picking up another envelope. "A letter addressed to 'Josh' was left here, along with a letter for that hunter, Ryker, and Rhysand. I guess whoever left it would have thought he'd be coming here." she showed the envelope to Emery, raising an eyebrow.

Xanthe Chicane
"23"|Nonbinary|Mothman
Tagged: Celia, Valentine
Xanthe pretended not to hear the comment about their eyes being red and glowy - they didn't need to give anything away that would implicate them further. Sure, maybe it would be just easier to tell the truth, to reveal their true form and get it all out of the way, but they really didn't want to scare the human off. She seemed really nice, and if she really could see through the veil, then that would surely attract attention - not necessarily the good kind.
They nodded. "It's okay. We're not usually used to new people wandering through, that's all!" Xanthe said, and was about to continue walking, when someone - Valentine, they remembered - approached.

It was almost perfect timing, and coincidence. Valentine was certainly much more human than they were, and so the potential of introducing Celia to the world she had stumbled into seemed like it would be easier. Their excitement quickly reigniting, prepared to show off Celia to Valentine. "This is Celia!" Xanthe introduced the human for her. "She's also a human!" their excitement starting to bubble over, and entirely forgetting their previous thoughts of trying to conceal their own true identity for a bit longer. At least they hadn't started to transform... well, not entirely - they could tell their eyes had already reverted to their red, moth-like appearance.

Xanthe then nodded in agreement. "You can, if you'd like. I was just going to drop this off at my apartment first. It's just over there." They pointed down the street to an apartment building that, if looking down the street from the outside, seemed almost impossible to be there. "Then going wherever Celia is meant to go. Though it might be easier to go down this street and find one that's closer to your destination." Xanthe added. The interconnected supernatural streets would surely be easier to walk through, but could, they realised, be a little more dangerous for a human that didn't fully understand or know of the world and beings here. Maybe things would be fine.
Consulting_Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me