Small Town Secret - Accepting! (No shapeshifter/dark energy)

For roleplays featuring human or human-like characters which have inhuman abilities or live in an (original) fantasy world. E.g. vampires, shape-shifters, werewolves. However this category does not include roleplays based on existing fandoms such as Twilight or Harry Potter

Small Town Secret - Accepting! (No shapeshifter/dark energy)

Postby lilac sky » Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:57 am

Anyone who has lived in a small town knows that news travels like wildfire. If something happens, or some secret is spilled, the whole town will know. Such was true for a small town in Missouri, tucked along the river in a mass of ancient oaks and sycamores. To anyone who didn’t know better, life in this town looked simple. Students attended the small school during the week, and spent the weekends partying, as with most towns. But deep within the community, something much darker had made roots, spreading through them like a plague.

From the year 2002 to the year 2005, the government used an area in the forest outside the town as a sort of test site for an unknown substance. In those three years, the substance seeped over the land and into the ground and water, causing trees to gnarl and contort, animals to deform, and several types of plants to turn black and become covered in a sort of black slime that smelled of sulfur and lime. However, the most drastic effect was seen on a few children born in that three year time frame. As these children grew older, they developed certain... unnatural abilities. Powers, some might call them. These powers weren’t seen as a blessing, or as something special. The families of the effected children were forced to keep the child’s ability secret, out of fear of retaliation or worse, like kidnapping, murder, or abduction for government testing.

Now, ashamed and living in fear, these teens have to navigate through high school and real life, keeping themselves secret. Most are even unaware that there are others who were affected in the same way, leading to more shame. What’s more, the lack of education and the stress of having to hide and control their powers has only gotten worse over the years, and slowly but surely these teen’s powers are getting stronger and harder to control, and it’s just a matter of time until someone loses control and causes a domino effect, exposing the secret that has been hidden for so long. Will the affected teens find each other and find peace, or will they lose control?
Last edited by lilac sky on Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
lilac sky

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Rules

Postby lilac sky » Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:04 am

1. All CS rules apply
      2. Only one power per character
      3. If your character can do anything that involves manipulating another character or mind reading/control, it cannot be too over powered and you must ask the other player(s) before doing anything major with it
      4. Also ask before doing any major plot changes :) I’ll make an OOC thread for discussion
      5. Post forms in the OOC thread as well :)
      6. Limit is two characters per person
      7. Characters must be born between 2002 - 2005
      10. No one liners please. At least give us a few good sentences :)
Last edited by lilac sky on Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
lilac sky

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Character List

Postby lilac sky » Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:16 pm

Last edited by lilac sky on Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:46 am, edited 9 times in total.
lilac sky

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Small Town Secret - Accepting!

Postby lilac sky » Wed Mar 24, 2021 1:47 am

boop <3
lilac sky

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lilac sky » Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:48 am

one last res just in case
lilac sky

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Perri » Tue Mar 30, 2021 12:19 pm

Name; Teneca Rosebud / Age; 17-years-old / Powers; Flight Manipulation / Location; Outside his house / Tags; None

...At 6:30am, Teneca woke up at the sound of his alarm. Despite the fact that school would start at 8 am sharp, this was his basic routine. And this morning, he found the black wings on his back wrapped around him. Another nightmare... He rubbed the back of his neck as he sat on the edge of his bed, sighing to himself. Then, in a sharp moment, he rolled his shoulders and his black wings seemed to detached from his back. Shuffling out of his bedroom, he went straight to the bathroom. Meanwhile, the wings on his bed began to deteriorate into black ash that rose upwards into nothing.
A quick brush of his hair and teeth was all he needed before going back to his room and jumping into a pair of faded, worn jeans, then throwing on a blank white shirt. He didn't want to wear any of his nicer shirts or band t-shirts due to his power; ripping shirts apart on accident. Throwing on his usual crow necklace, wolf-fang necklace, and steel dog tags, he went downstairs of the second story house. Despite the fact it looks tiny from the outside, there was plenty of room for him and his grandmother to live contently there. And immediately, he began to make breakfast for two; four over easy eggs, two slices of toast, and the last of the orange juice. Despite the fact he made a breakfast for two, he knew his grandmother wouldn't wake up until the next hour or two, when she would go to work. So, he left her portion in the microwave and ended up drinking her portion of orange juice. I know I'll regret it later, but I already threw out the container... He thought to himself before chugging it down easily.
Then, made his way to a small room near the entrance; the laundry room. He checked in the dryer, digging around before pulling out a brown flannel. Sniff checking it, he slid it on over his arms and went by the front door to shove his feet into his worn boots. By now, already an hour had gone by when he woke up, and he knew that the wings he left on his bed were long gone, without a trace. So, grabbing his black book bag, he slung it over his shoulder and stepped outside.
Outside, the morning dew was still around and sticking to the pre-early spring grass. Even on March morning's he could see his breathe, but he knew it would only get warmer throughout the day. Walking to the property line, where a faded-white picket fence stood, he checked the metal mail box for any incoming mail: there was none. And so, knowing that, he glanced back at his home before beginning to casual walk to school, which was roughly 1.4 miles away.
Perri

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Boxen. » Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:54 am

𝑅𝑜𝓈𝒾𝑒 𝐹𝒾𝓃𝒸𝒽
17 | She/her | Poison Gas Generation | Location: House ↣ En route to School | Tags: Open

Mouth wash hit the ceramic bowl of the sink in a splash, the scent doing little to combat the rancid taste in Rosie's mouth. She had experienced morning breath before but this particular day was foul, it felt as though her own power was attempting to burn a whole through the back of her skull. Cursing her 'ability' under her breath, she took another swig of mouth wash, letting the stinging mint sit for a little while longer- another vain attempt to feel somewhat normal.

Wiping the sleep from her eyes, Rosie ducked as a rouge canary scattered over her head- her father had bought them as a joke (something to do with miners and gas leaks) but he'd grown a little too fond of them for her tastes. She wasn't much of an animal person. Not anymore. A brightly coloured note on the counter caught her eye, recognising her father's handwriting as she gave a small smile and tucked the slip into the pocket of her jeans. Since her father had started working longer hours, the two rarely got to see each other, communicating via scribbled notes and hasty texts. A stab of sadness hit her heart, it had gotten more and more difficult coming home to the empty house, but it was what was needed to keep the roof over their heads. Letting out a sigh, she hastily fixed up a lunch and snatched the necessary textbooks on top of a binder full of due assignments, shoving the items into a backpack that looked like it was held together with prayers and spite before grabbing her keys and heading out into the street.

A car wailed past a crumbling sidewalk as Rosie pulled her cardigan tighter around her shoulders, casting her eyes cautiously around before beginning the walk to school. She didn't live too far, usually a 10 minute walk but with a few strategic alleys and backways, she'd manage to cut it down to 5 on a good day. The area she lived itself wasn't nice by any means but it wasn't bad either, the people were some of the nicest she'd met, always willing to help out with whatever they could and braving the days with toughened hearts. Rosie offered a small smile and good morning to an old woman tending to a few bright flowers contrasting the yellow, dry lawn as she walked, her mind focused on just getting through another day as she popped an ear phone. She recognised the playlist as one an old friend had made for her long ago.
Last edited by Boxen. on Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Boxen.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

ruby sander // 1

Postby sweet.peaches~ » Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:01 am

ruby sander | 15 | she/her | light manipulation | location: house -> bus stop | tags: npc (willi) -> open
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
She woke up to an annoying alarm that went BEEP, BEEP, BEEP. Ruby groaned, trying to reach the clock that rang loudly. She slammed the 'snooze' button with her fist. It's only 7 am, she sleepily thought to herself, I'm sure I can rest for at least thirty more minutes... She imagined her brother, Will, being very frustrated at her stubbornness to wake up. Ever since Tony had left for college, now the role of being a responsible babysitter was forced upon her brother Will, who was three years older than her, and a senior at high school. As if Ruby had summoned him with her tired thoughts as she laid in bed, he had rushed into her bedroom. It was still dark and she didn't have her glasses on so she didn't even notice he had came in until Willi started yelling.

"Ruby, you have school, for Christ's sake," he growled. He obviously wasn't happy with having to be the one to deal with her grogginess. Her mom and dad had to go to work around 6 am so they'd never be awake to see them. Instantly she tried her best to get up. Ruby didn't like people being mad at her. Normally she wouldn't be this hard to cooperate with, but she'd always known herself to be a night owl and never a morning bird. "Get ready," Will threw her glasses right at her. She yelped for a second but had a lucky catch. Still sitting on her queen bed, she placed her clear glasses onto her nose and blinked as her brother opened the curtains to reveal the sunlight. Immediately, that reminded her of her powers. Another day of hiding my abilities, she grunted to herself. This is going to suck. A lot. Ruby took her time jumping onto the carpet floor and made her bed. Now that Will's mission was accomplished, he left her bedroom and muttered to himself... something about annoying sisters?

She got started on her daily routine, all done gracefully in about thirty minutes. She first brushed her teeth - most of her friends thought it was odd she brushed her teeth before eating - then took her time tending to her hair. Ruby decided to do messy space buns with some white scrunchies, then grabbed a sweater and dress from her closet. She'd always thought it was a unique way to style, since she was literally combining winter and summer clothing items together. She took great pride it in. After changing into something that wasn't pajamas, she nearly slipped trying to wear her socks which were neatly placed next to the door for her to wear. Ruby ran downstairs to the kitchen where she met her brother. He was cooking something that smelled delicious, perhaps some egg and cheese? She instantly peered at the stove. "Ooooo, are you making some grilled cheese and egg? I recommend avocado-"

He glared at her. She had a sudden urge of becoming invisible and immediately shut herself up. "They're not for you," Will finally said, frowning. "You're already too spoiled." He added snootily. Ruby didn't say anything. It wasn't like there was anything to say. He had a weird hate for her and she was never sure why. They were alright when Tony, her oldest brother, was there. But together, they never seemed to get along. "The bus is coming at 7:40 am, you might want to start getting your backpack."

Ruby blinked. "What about breakfast? I've got, like, five minutes. I'm sure I can eat something," she disagreed.

He shook his head. "The walk to the bus stop takes about three to four minutes. Just eat a bagel along the way." Without looking up from the pan, he gestured to a bag of bagels on the counter. She rapidly took it, opened it, and munched on the baked good. He raised his eyebrow. "Well, don't just stand there getting crumbs everywhere. Go!" Ruby didn't argue. With a bagel in her left hand, she snagged her white and black striped backpack onto her shoulder and walked out of the door. She was surrounded by a few giant two story suburban houses. After all, she was on the 'rich side' of town. Ruby was glad she wasn't in the house anymore, as her hands were now a lot brighter than she remembered. Wow, thanks light manipulation. Luckily, it started to die off and became pretty unnoticeable as she walked and got much more relaxed. She bit a piece of bagel while shuffling to her bus stop. Careful not to drop her breakfast, she dashed from the sidewalk, to the road, and reached the pavement with a bus sign standing right in front of her. "School hasn't even started yet and I feel like I'd rather stay home," Ruby grumbled to herself.
Last edited by sweet.peaches~ on Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:33 am, edited 4 times in total.
sweet.peaches~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby strawbs. » Sat Apr 03, 2021 11:57 am

xx
    𝚂𝙰𝙶𝙴 𝙳𝙴𝙲𝙺𝙴𝚁
    16 yrs ─ he/him ─ ice manip. ─ tags; thaddeus

sage was not a fan of sleeping. every since he knew he was... different... he's scared to fall asleep only to see what he wakes up to. he doesn't like the feeling, to be so cold without any way to relieve it. it's always been a recurring issue, and somehow it seems as though it's been getting worse as time goes on. sometimes, sage awakes, frost gathering on his bed and icicles forming of it. he's always so cold. so, he hasn't really gotten a good night's rest in a long time. he always wakes up time and time again throughout the night, and a lot of the time he can't get himself to fall back asleep. it wears him down but he's learned to deal with it, since there's nothing else he can do but let it happen. he's able to shake the cold off by the time he heads out the door for school, though it's not enough at times.

sage steps out the front door with a light jacket on. it makes his feel better even though it doesn't really do much. even though it was chilly, he found that it doesn't bother him as much as it used to. he doesn't like it. he only wishes he were normal so he wouldn't have these problems to hide. he makes a stop outside a house, fidgeting around awkwardly as he awaits his friend, thaddeus. he was looking forward to seeing him today, even if it hadn't been that long since the last time. tad would help sage forget his troubles.

𝙿𝙸𝙴𝚁𝚁𝙴 𝙼𝙾𝙽𝚁𝙾𝙴 // 𝚁𝙸𝙶𝙶𝚂
    17 yrs ─ he/him ─ darkness embod. ─ tags; open

riggs wakes up to the sound of commotion, the rest of the household being awake and him the final riser. a bunch of early birds, this bunch, except him of course. he wouldn't care too much if his father didn't act like it was such a big deal. frustrates him beyond belief. he's gotten better at ignoring it though, so usually in the mornings, he doesn't even talk to anyone but his sister. riggs gives her the most friendliest smile he can muster while he's eating breakfast, despite his father looking at him like he's the biggest disappointment in existence. he gives him a smile too, just to get on his nerves. it works, it seems, as his father huffs and turns away. riggs helps his sister pack a lunch, before she's off to school, then he packs his own when the kitchen is finally empty.

after that, he gives his hair a quick, simple brush and gets dressed. he puts on stylish jacket, along with a nice scarf and a pair of boots. he grabs his bag, then exits the now silent house, making his way to school. he seems a little behind on time, but that's a bit normal for him. the teacher's can't complain, since he has surprisingly good grades, despite his overall behavior. a shame that his parents don't acknowledge it. no matter how many times, it still sours his mood whenever he thinks of it.
strawbs.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby selasphorys » Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:31 pm

𝗰𝗮𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗮 𝘆𝗶𝗽
17 yrs | she/they | toxin immunity

Too late, Cas realized that the droning in her dreams was really the beep of her overworked alarm clock. Its efforts to wake her had been futile for the last hour or so. Fumbling to switch it off, still half-asleep, they finally jolted awake when a textbook fell off their bed and thudded to the ground. Cassia had passed out in a pile of papers after yet another sleepless night. She rolled out of her nest of crumpled up conspiracy theories, strewn-about safety data sheets. The furious scribblings of an enthusiastic insomniac. Stuff like melatonin never seemed to work for her. Maybe it was because a part of her wanted to stay awake, to keep exploring into the depths of the night. She had felt like she'd been on the cusp of something major. Now she just felt a whole lot of regret.

Head pounding and eyes burning, Cas groggily stumbled around the room getting ready. If they didn't pick up the pace, they'd be late. They threw on a lavender sweater and jeans, then shoved anything that looked remotely school-related into their mostly pre-packed backpack. It was so covered in pins and keychains that it was more badge than bag at this point. After brushing their teeth in record time, they booked it out to the kitchen. No use trying to tame their disheveled bedhead, might as well call it a fashion statement.

Cas only slowed when she spotted the mug of coffee waiting for her on the counter. She smiled faintly, grateful for her mother's foresight. Even though her mom left for school so early to tutor middle schoolers and prepare her classroom, she somehow always knew when her kid had had a long night. After chugging the lukewarm caffeine water, Cas felt brighter already. They grabbed a breakfast pastry for the walk to school. Frosting and coffee, truly the breakfast of champions. She promised herself she'd eat healthier later. Speedwalking out of the apartment, the teen took a deep breath of cool morning air and let its sharpness pull her awake. Cas didn't live far from the school since her mother taught there. She'd hopefully be able to make it to class without missing a minute.

𝘁𝗵𝗮𝗱𝗱𝗲𝘂𝘀 𝗳𝗼𝗹𝗲𝘆
16 yrs | he/him | water manipulation

Thaddeus slipped out of his room, the sound of his footsteps muffled by carpet. He didn't want to disturb the gentle quiet of the morning. Any moment of peace in this house was so precious to him. As he entered the kitchen, he sat down to the family breakfast his mom had prepared. Today she had whipped up a plate of scrambled eggs and toast with cut-up fruit on the side. Always grateful for her hard work, he thanked his mom and ate every bite. She really didn't have to do so much for him since she had work right after, but she insisted on giving her son a fantastic breakfast for a fantastic day at school. Tirelessly trying to get him out of his slump.

Once he had nearly finished the meal, his dad finally got out of bed for work. They sat around the table together, the perfect semblance of a normal, happy family. But his mom's smile didn't reach her eyes, while his dad didn't even try to smile. Thaddeus fidgeted in his seat, already feeling the tension in the air. As the minutes wore on, it would break into passive aggression, mocking remarks, angry retorts. His eyebrows knit together as he reached for his glass of water. In response to his rising fear, his "ability" decided to kick in. A film of water formed beneath his fingertips, causing the cup to slip out of his grasp. It clattered as it fell on the table and spilled water everywhere. Thaddeus squeaked out a sorry. He could feel the coolness of water shooting up his fingertips, the puddle already beginning to shrink as he absorbed it. Panicking, he slapped a napkin over the mess before anyone could see. His mom got up to get a kitchen rag while his dad just shrugged and continued eating. After sopping up the mess with the napkin and rag, like a normal person would, Tad excused himself before anything else could go wrong. He mumbled something about how he had to get to school and Sage would be waiting.

Thaddeus slung on his backpack, a plain gray bag that was nondescript except for the two large water bottles tucked into the pockets on either side. He became thirsty much more frequently than others, thanks to that awful ability of his. Ever since he collapsed after not bringing enough water on a field trip in 8th grade, he never left home without them. They were almost reassuring to have on hand. Emerging into the frigid morning, Thaddeus felt glad that he'd put on a fleece jacket before leaving the house. And right outside, he spotted a familiar head of bright red hair. Sage! His face broke into a smile as he walked up to his friend, greeting him, "Hey Sage, thanks for waiting. How're you doing this morning?"
selasphorys

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me