Manohl’s Summer Camp for Mages (open + accepting)

For roleplays featuring human or human-like characters which have inhuman abilities or live in an (original) fantasy world. E.g. vampires, shape-shifters, werewolves. However this category does not include roleplays based on existing fandoms such as Twilight or Harry Potter

Re: Manohl’s Summer Camp for Mages (open + accepting)

Postby KestrelTheFirecat » Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:03 am

Ava tags Lucien

Ava looks away bashful and says “thanks Lucien”

Eleanor tags karter

El smiles and says “true” Tate leaps out of her bag and pads towards karter with currious eyes
KestrelTheFirecat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Toxicfang <3 » Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:28 pm

- Location: Outside of the Main House ; Tagged: Linus, Castor -

James nodded as the old man before them explained himself. "Aye, of course. I would gladly oblige to cast a spell with me wand for ye. However, as much as Linus talks, Im no good with magik. You see, its more of a feeling for me, and my wand does all the work. I dinna know any spells. So, if ye allow, I suggest that in order to prove the wands authenticity, we allow you, a master to cast a spell with it. Ye should know how to counteract a spell backfiring unlike us young folk, aye? I dinna ken much, but how about ye show us how a real master rules a wand? Maybe make a rainbow across the lake there for us? Ahhh yes, it would be welcoming indeed...." James suggested with a half smile across his right cheek, his words trailing calmly off his tongue as his arms gestured out behind the old man on the bridge. He hoped that niceties and flattery would convince the counselor enough to either test the wand himself or to let them go. His eyes glanced over at Linus slyly, looking over the boy, he hoped that some how, some way that Linus could read his mind to get ready to help him cast the real spell, or to get cause a distraction.

Emily watched silently as the boys interacted, a smile took hold of her cheeks as whom she had come to learn as Shawn announced that he was familiar with the grounds. This meant she would have a little bit more inside knowledge, and getting first dibs on beds? That was thrilling. "Yes! That sounds wonderful, count me in!" Emily agreed, exciting to head over with the boys. However, when Milo mentioned her scream and Shawn asked if everything was all set here, a bit of embarrassment waved over her once more. "Ahhh yes.... We are all good here. This damsel is no longer in distress and she is ready to get the show on the road...." she sang happily before a second wave of embarrassment worked its way upon her. Why did I say it like that?! She thought. Biting her lower lip she hoped that they did not find it weird that she referred to herself in the third person.
Toxicfang <3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Milo | 07

Postby nikbowie » Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:52 pm

░░░░░ sixteen • male • bi • tags: Emily, Shawn • mentions: xx • location: path to cottages ░░░░░

Milo listened to Shawn and shifted his gaze to Emily, raising an eyebrow. I’ll let her answer that. He laughed, Emily’s response quite funny. “All right then. Damsel? Hero number two?” He nodded to Emily and Shawn, respectively. “Let’s head out.” Milo felt bold - humor was not his usual vein of communication, but this was the summer to try new things, wasn’t it? That’s what the camp brochure had promised, anyhow. He blew up at his nose, sending a tuft of hair upwards. It felt like sand had made its way onto his face, probably from the wind gust that had dried Emily off. He hoped it was nothing too obvious, smoothing his hair back down and rubbing his nose as nonchalantly as possible. Milo followed Shawn’s lead, tracing them back in the direction of the glimpse he had caught of the cottages. The walk, though long, Milo didn’t apprehend. The campgrounds were beautiful, sparkling under the warm summer sun. Vast pine trees encircled the field their path followed, speckling the edges with small pine saplings. “It really is gorgeous here, huh?” Milo remarked.

OOC: going to bed now, but will get linus up tomorrow!
nikbowie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby senna_ » Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:37 pm

𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐄𝐓𝐓 𝐑𝐎𝐒𝐒𝐈- / [ eighteencismalebisexualoutside main housetagging draco ]
─────────────────────────────
Everett's tongue lazily flickered over his bottom lip as he took a good look around the castle-like building he was staying in. It reminded him of the cottage his grandparents owned way up north, or something someone would find in an old, medieval house. Well, maybe medieval was a bit old, but it definitely wasn't modern. And yet, at the same time, it was very updated; he was sure there wasn't even a speck of dust to be found. Surely the counselors had their wands to clean up, no? He was saddened that he didn't have his on him, but he was determined to scope it out and retrieve it; Everett felt like his hands were far too empty without it. It was what kept him calm, focused, after all. The counselors had to give them back if they were there to help their campers, right? A snarky retort along the lines of, "Well, you made the choice to come to camp, that's not our fault!" wouldn't do anyone any good either, considering the fact that Everett was almost positive the majority of the campers were here because of a decision made by their parents. He most certainly was one of those people.

Settling his bags down and plopping onto a comfy couch, he let his hazel eyes roam. A small group consisting of five people stood about, creating the majority of the noise in the room. One guy, tall, with curly hair, and four girls. So that was how it was going to be. Sighing quietly, mostly out of content but with a bit of annoyance because he was still waiting around, Everett turned his head towards the boy with the long platinum hair; he was settled on the opposite side of the couch. "Hey, man," he greeted with a slight head tilt. "Do you have any idea what's happening with the counselors and stuff? I can't do the sitting around part for very long."

🏶 𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐀𝐘𝐀𝐋𝐀- / [ seventeencisfemalebisexualmain housetagging linus,
james, castor
]

Heather was not at all excited for the days she was about to spend over the summer at this magik-less camp. In fact, she was livid; a passionate, burning fire was crackling within her, ready to burst and spread past her personal bubble. Who on earth willingly attended a summer camp? Heather had much better things to attend to- parties, dates, and what about work? She often took a summer job, even though her parents kept reminding her they had enough to support her. Her retort, as per usual, had been nothing less than a spat, "I don't need your money," because she knew, like always, they only ever said that to attempt to win her back. They knew as well as Heather did how much they sucked at parenting; forever leaning towards business opportunities as opposed to spending quality family time. Heather couldn't even remember the last time they had done something lovingly as a family. Love. Was that even a word that was allowed in through the doors of the Ayala family house? Probably not. She'd been surprised when her father remarried. Was it really out of love, though, or was he just captivated by her intelligence? It was always so hard to tell with him.

Perhaps getting away wouldn't be so bad... if it was anywhere other than some place that required her to bunk with strangers on log-supported beds. Would she even get a wink of sleep? Heather didn't typically sleep over at people's houses anyway because it made her so uncomfortable, and now she was to share a room with, what, three or four other people? That made her stomach churn, but she kept a stoic look across her pretty face and didn't dare let anything else show. Her father would reprimand her for that, anyway; a businesswoman was never to show her vulnerability. Heather had given up with correcting him; she'd tried one too many times to tell him she was nothing more than a girl. He was impossible to get through to, and she'd eventually learned to roll with it. It was pathetic, though, really. A girl under the name of Ayala really couldn't have a second of fun.

Until she snuck it in, that is; a party thrown under the roof of her parents whilst they were away cost her the plane ticket to this camp. In her defense, her parents said they were spending the night elsewhere, but that wasn't quite the truth. Heather hadn't had more than fifteen people over, but it was enough to lose her parents' minds, and their trust, if they ever had any in her. So here she was, standing outside of something that looked like it came from the medieval time period. She kept her wand tucked in the back pocket of her goldenrod-yellow pants; nobody with manners would dare touch that. Pressing her lips together, Heather settled her sunglasses over her eyes, then started up the stone path.

She was muttering something inaudible when she came across a face that she had to double-take to get a good glimpse at. Her lips parted, jaw nearly dropping as she connected the dots. There, standing with some red-haired boy and a brunette, was unmistakenly Linus. "Linus Kerouac?" she voiced, with little care to whether or not she was interrupting something. Surprise was audible in her tone. She could barely recognize her own voice given the level of shock laced within it. She lifted her sunglasses, placing them atop her head, and stared at the curly-haired boy as if he was some celebrity. "Impossible. What kind of coincidence is this!"

ɴoɪᴀ wrote: 𝐖𝐈𝐍𝐍𝐈𝐄 𝐊𝐎𝐈𝐒𝐎- / [ seventeencisfemaleheterosexualmain camptagging dexter ]
Winnie hated flying. She hated every little thing about it. She had filled her head with far too many panic-stricken stories when it came to plane malfunctions and crashes to such a degree that she had been physically shaking when she entered the plane. The workers had been sweet, with gentle smiles and sincerity in their eyes, but Winnie wasn't convinced that was going to comfort her when the plane went down in flames. So, as rigid as a board, she plopped down on the uncomfortable seat and barely moved an inch until she was sure they had landed safely. She hadn't even touched the books she had brought along with her.

Name-wise, Manohl's Summer Camp was not something Winnie was unfamiliar with, but she hadn't a clue what to expect as the cab driver twisted and turned down various sets of roads, each second bringing her closer to her temporary home. Her parents had decided it would be a great way to spend the summer, for Winnie always managed to somehow stress herself out and turn her summer into an absolute mess, but she was having contrary thoughts. At first, she'd given in easily, for her oh-so-naive mind had begun to bubble up endless days of adventure and dreamy, movie-like scenarios, but the more she thought about it, the more real it became. Mud, lots of mud. And walking. Who did her parents think she was, some athlete training for the Olympics? Anyone who knew Winnie knew how much she hated doing anything active. It wasn't that she wasn't good at it, but it didn't at all peak her interest. She was far more happy spending her days in a warm kitchen to bake up some goods, or in a cozy room where she could read her favourite books. Plus, pollen and other things tended to itch her nose, and although she hadn't any confirmed allergies, those things annoyed her and her tingly senses enough for her to get a pretty good idea of what exactly that meant. But maybe she was just being dramatic, as her parents always told her. Lightly, that was, but it was always said.

Winnie was glad to note that the car had stopped, for if she were to spend any more minutes alone in her thoughts, she'd get homesick, without a doubt. Smiling bashfully, she thanked the driver, then scurried out of the car, sloppily collecting her bags as quick as she could so she didn't feel she was holding up the driver too much. She turned towards the front entrance, gaping openly at it. Oh, this was truly something else! It felt medieval. Old, stone buildings were sprawled across the land, and a beautiful, small castle that she knew was the main house was present. A castle. Maybe she would be able to play out her fantasies. Her parents had already sent out her wand, not that she used it as much as she should, so Winnie had one less thing to worry about. She counted the number of bags she had to assure herself everything was present, then began to awkwardly haul them up towards the houses. A few students dotted the area, but there wasn't a substantial amount of them. Were there going to be a lot? All Winnie knew was that she was to go to the main house first, and she hoped for her sake and everyone else's that either someone around her knew where things were located or, better yet, there were signs and labels. That would make her obsessively-organized self very pleased.

She made it to the castle with only one dropped bag, which was most likely a new record for her. Getting in in one piece, however, was going to be a different story. Tongue poking through her somewhat dry lips, Winnie decided to back up so she could get the door open, dragging her bags with her. As successful as that was, she strayed far from her personal path. Her back bumped into something- or, worse, someone- and she really stumbled backward. Turning around sharply, eyes practically twice their size, Winnie felt her entire face heat up upon realizing she had indeed backed up straight into another person. She was off to a grand start, wasn't she?

"I am the most sorry," she spluttered. "I was just trying to get my bags in in one trip."
'senna_x.xshe/herx'.x'est'x.x'adultx'.x'soc student
hey all, i'm senna! i'm a young adult,full-time university
student, and a writer with a spontaneous muse :') i'm
most likely to be caught napping, thinking about plots
i'll probably never write, or hyper fixating on the late
st paranormal podcast <3

'hufflepuff'.''leo''.''cat mom'.''researcher'.''my misfits
senna_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby KestrelTheFirecat » Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:42 pm

KestrelTheFirecat wrote:Ava joyce/ female/ 17 1/2 /hetro/ tags Lucien

Ava looks away bashful and says “thanks Lucien”

Eleanor "El" dolminski/ female/15 /hetro/ tags karter

El smiles and says “true” Tate leaps out of her bag and pads towards karter with currious eyes

Adam "Draco" Smith/ male/ 18/ bi/ tags: Everett

the freckled platinum haired boy looks up with his hetromatic eyes watching him and he says "no i dont know yet. i think im gonna wait and see what happens" He holds out his hand and says "Im Adam smith or also known Draco"

ooc: needing to remeber ages for el and ava
i have left
KestrelTheFirecat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Consulting_Angel » Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:20 pm

Rueben Brooker
18|Cismale|Bisexual
Tagged: Castor, James,
Linus, Heather
He calmed down very slightly with his annoyance at the counselor's response, and then took out his wand, in preparation to give it to the counselor, though he was somewhat hesitant. He didn't really want to give it up, especially as the wood of it was purpleheart - the handle ornate and engraved. Then, Rueben glanced towards one of the boys that were stood there, that had spoken to him. He scoffed, evidently considering the other two to have just as much blame as the counselor in the delay.

As they were joined by a girl, one who seemed to recognise one of the other boys, Rueben rolled his eyes again. Looked like there was a line starting to form...

Once it was finally time, Rueben did turn in his wand, though still seemed very reluctant to do so... and he was most suspicious of what Castor might be referring to with the other two male campers, and cast a scowl towards them.

Lilith Nocturne
18|Cisfemale|Lesbian
Tagged: Rose, Dexter, Luna
She was a little surprised that there weren't many campers that had entered the main house just yet... even more so that there hadn't been anyone new since she entered. Lilith was tempted to poke her head outside to have a look, wondering if the counselor outside was held up with a camper... then... she wasn't too concerned about that. Anyway, eyeing a small group of students that were gathered near a warm fire, Lilith figured that would be her best bet to get to talking to her fellow campers.

Walking over, Lilith smiled warmly and waved. "Mind if I join you lot?" she asked, looking around at them.

Castor Watson
24|Transmale|Bisexual
Tagged: James, Linus,
Rueben, Heather
Castor had to admit to himself, he was rather impressed with the efforts Linus and James were putting into this performance. If the wand was a fake, he supposed they'd deserve the win. That, and there was some added pressure with the addition of the annoyed camper, and he could see another one starting to cross the bridge as well. Questions, he was sure, were going to be asked.

Still, flattered by James' words, Castor caved. "That would be inappropriate to use another's wand, regardless of my ability to deal with a backfire." he explained, partly because he didn't really want the embarrassment of if the wand was real and the spell working, and partly because he really didn't feel it was right to use another mage's wand - especially a campers. However, taking the suggestion to create a rainbow across the lake, Castor used his own wand, and said: "Eritque arcus" and a rainbow formed its way across the lake.

Castor decided that, while he still had his suspicions, he would have to let this go. He didn't need any more campers getting annoyed with him, and a fourth camper had arrived now, who seemed to know Linus. "Alright. The rest of you, your wands, please. And if I spot a single hex, charm or assault spell, I can promise the both of you," he directed his light threat towards James and Linus, "will be on washing up duty the entire time you're here." he smiled, and refocused to the entire small group. "Welcome to Manohl's Summer Camp." he greeted.
Consulting_Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Linus | 08

Postby nikbowie » Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:37 pm

░░░░░ seventeen • male • gay • tags: Castor, Heather, James • mentions: Reuben • location: outside the main house ░░░░░

Linus watched, intrigued, as James continued to sweet talk his way through their situation. A little jealous that he hadn’t taken the buttering-up route, but happy all the same that they seemed to be nearing the end of this tight situation. “A rainbow! Ah yes, how scenic. It would be gorgeous, wouldn’t it?” Linus noticed the boy behind them, still scowling. Well, that’s certainly bringing the mood down, and we need this counselor happy. Linus puffed out his bottom lip and glared in return. He practically danced with glee as he placed his own fake wand into the counselor’s outstretched hand. Now that was how to manipulate authority! Surely, this would be a counselor he could make peace with, simply for the reason that he had caved in. “Beautiful rainbow you made there! Lotta’ mastery of that spell, it seems. Very impressive.” He added on, hoping to leave the counselor with a good lasting impression of Linus that could be used to his advantage later. He was about to make his way into the castle before him, when he heard a girl's voice behind him. “Impossible, no!” A small crooked smile formed on his face. “Tell me I won’t turn around and see Heather Ayala behind me." He spun around, and sure enough, there she was. Looking as skeptical about the camp as he felt inside, her sunglasses perched atop her head, a look of genuine surprise in her eyes. “Heather, darling!” He impersonated the posh drawl of his mother, leaning over and planting a light kiss on each cheek, the way their stupidly hoity-toity parents did. He had come up with that way of greeting her after his mother had done the exact same thing to say hi to Heather at one of their joint family dinners. They had both found it utterly absurd. Which was why Linus loved it.

What in god’s name are you doing here? It doesn’t seem like your kinda place! Nor mine, for that matter.” He shot an apologetic glance to the counselor, hoping he hadn’t heard that - Linus wanted this guy on his side when trouble inevitably went down. “Do you even know why I’m here? God that’s a story to tell, I practically made Mum go mental.” He put a hand on his hip and pointed at her pants, then his slightly cropped golden striped t-shirt. “We’re twinning! Finally been taking some style advice from me?” He smiled playfully. What a weird place this camp is. Whatever the circumstance, he was glad to have Heather there. She was one of the only people in the world he would call a close friend, and though she wasn’t sentimental, he knew she felt the same. “God, I’ve forgotten my manners. Mother would be dismayed.” He gestured dramatically to James. “James, this is Heather. Heather, this is Jamie. Heather is an old acquaintance.” He winked at Heather. “And Jamie is a new partner in crime.
Last edited by nikbowie on Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
nikbowie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

brooke | 1 ─ dexter | 2 ─ maria | 2

Postby ~ moth ~ » Thu Feb 25, 2021 4:10 am

xxxxBROOKE SIERRA SMITH
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
    xxxxage: seventeen | gender: female | sexuality: pansexual
    xxxxlocation: here | mentions: here | tags: here

i'll write a post for her later

xxxxDEXTER BLACK
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
    xxxxage: eighteen | gender: male | sexuality: demisexual
    xxxxlocation: main building | mentions: lilith | tags: rose, winnie

xxxxstanding near the door, just behind his sister, dexter eyed the young woman who stood across the room. there were actually a few campers within the main building already, but it was this ginger girl that his sister had decided to engage. protective big brother mode was engaged. his eyes seemed across the room at the girl, gauging if she would be a problem for him later on. his sister definitely seemed to take an immediate liking to the girl. still, dexter was unsure about her. introductions were made, his sister giving an offhand comment about how he was unhappy to be here. hey, he muttered, being true to his sisters words about being an unhappy fellow. his attention didn't last too long on his sister or the girl, rose, that she was conversing with as the door behind him opened. it wasn't the door that had hit him, no, but rather it was another person. the force of the impact wasn't even enough to cause him to stumble. glancing over his shoulder to the culprit who had run into him dexter was met with another woman, one that was practically a foot shorter than him. quickly she sputtered out an apology. you apologize then create an excuse for the mistake you have made, but what for? it cannot be undone that you walked in to me, rather, you should had been watching where you were walking in the first place. take this as a learning experience to be more conscientious of your surroundings next time, do not be so mindless as to wander into people. the male scolded, sounding bitter and exasperated. yet, it was dexter who had been standing in front of the doorway, perfectly in the way of those entering the building. do reflect, dear dexter, that you as well are in the wrong. still, if this were to be pointed out to him he would have a well spoken come back. suddenly a shout from across the room took dexter's attention, his head turning to his sister who was now the one scolding him. no response was given to his sibling, rather, he stepped out of the way of the girl before him.

xxxxLUNA MARIA BLACK
    xxxxage: seventeen | gender: female | sexuality: bisexual
    xxxxlocation: main building | mentions: winnie | tags: rose, lilith

xxxxgiving a small wave to the other female as she greeted maria back the teen was happy to find that this other girl was friendly, at least based on first impressions! could the be that starts of a summer camp friendship? would that which happens in movies and tv shows happen where maria makes a best friend to do hooligan stuff with? she sure hoped so! as the girl introduced herself maria locked the name into her brain. this wonderful woman was known as rose! blessed you are to call me your camp-mate, ms. rose, for i am maria black! maria continued with the lil sarcastic charade that rose had started. giving a glance over her shoulder to her brother maria stuck a thumb toward him. that's my brother dexter, she then introduced, the sarcasm having left her voice. he's just kind of here, though he's not very happy about it haha, maria said, gaining an annoyed hey from dexter. wandering away from her brother maria headed over to the fireplace where rose was. hey, i wondering if we're cottage-mates! the word cottage-mates produced a small chuckle from maria, the word being somewhat funny to her in how it sounded. the gay cottage core aesthetic here is immaculate, wouldn't you agree? maria then went on to say with an amused smile on her face. really, what was this conversation she was creating? maria didn't even know if the girl before her was straight or gay, or if she understood what maria was even referencing. hopefully she did else maria would look a bit strange at the moment.

xxxxsuddenly a new voice appeared in the conversation. turning slightly so she could see who this new person was maria also gave her a small, friendly wave. of course, i don't mind, at least, maria replied, looking back over to rose for some confirmation as well. the new arrival to the small group of girls brought interest to maria. she was honestly beautiful, but also cool and stylish. maria was especially fixated on the septum piercing that she has. maira herself had her ears pierced from top to bottom, but she currently didn't have any earrings in as she was worried she may lose them somewhere in the woods or lake. once more the girl introduced herself, i'm maria, and then over there is my brother dexter, she gestured over toward her sibling who was still stood by the door. only now did maria realize he was in a conversation as well and it didn't look as if her brother was very pleased with the girl before him. hey, lay off 'er, will ya! maria yelled over to him. anyway, what's your name? she asked the cool girl.
~ moth ~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby senna_ » Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:42 am

𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐄𝐓𝐓 𝐑𝐎𝐒𝐒𝐈- / [ eighteencismalebisexualmain housetagging draco ]
Everett's settle green gaze couldn't remain in more than one spot for too long. Although he had just opened a door to converse with the guy he chose to share part of the couch with, his energetic mind was still roping in quite literally every single noise imaginable, and he couldn't keep his attention on one thing for too long. This was all new to him! His parents, though loving, would most likely scold him before acting more like a twelve-year-old boy, given his short attention span, but Everett couldn't help it; it wasn't like he often got out and about, and especially not on his own. His parents, in all honesty, were a bit too attached, especially since he was the youngest one of the family. Marissa had more strict rules than he did, though only just. However, when it came to attachment, Everett was the one lured in for the parent-child hug. Actually, come to think of it, he was surprised he was allowed on this trip. He was surprised his parents had been the one to suggest it, too. And yet, they took away his wand before he'd even left the house. That kind of ruined the whole point of things, didn't it?

He finally turned his attention back to the blond, thankful that the stranger had only just opened his mouth to speak. Everett didn't look him directly in the eye for more than a few seconds, because he needed to focus on something to stay in the moment, and he felt staring intensely at someone he didn't know probably wasn't the way to go about.

"Nice meeting ya," he said once he was confident the boy was done speaking for the time being. He leaned over the empty cushion and quickly returned the handshake, his firm, the way he'd settle a bet or a match after hockey. "You prefer Adam or Draco? And I'm Everett." He pressed his lips together in thought, taking yet another quick glance around the room. "I'll wait for a few more minutes, but if nobody shows up, maybe I'll ask that group over there. They're rather chatty."

𝐖𝐈𝐍𝐍𝐈𝐄 𝐊𝐎𝐈𝐒𝐎- / [ seventeencisfemaleheterosexualmain housetagging dexter
/ mentioning luna, rose, lilith
]

For the quickest of seconds, the calm before the storm, Winnie began to get a warm feeling that she'd be let off the hook easily. After all, the tall boy had yet to turn around and address her. He hadn't been socializing, as far as she knew, but maybe he was too distracted to notice. On the contrary of her relief, though, Winnie genuinely wished to give him yet another sincere apology. She felt awful; how embarrassing!

And then he did turn. Her stomach did a flip-flop.

Were all the boys going to be as handsome? His hair was the colour of a raven's wing, nearly the same as her own, though he had waves, near-curls, unlike her pin-straight hair. His eyes, though, were what really caught her off guard. They were purple. Violet, or maybe more of a raisin-purple; they reminded her immensely of the sugar-sweet blueberries that her younger sister Serena used to eat. They had always been far too bitter for Winnie to enjoy, but Serena loved them like there was no tomorrow. The shade his irises sparkled within with was purely magical, mystical. The type to be found within a romantic fairytale novel. Intriguing, delightful to be around.

Then he spoke. And his words turned that comfort right around, shoving in deep into the back of her mind, the part she'd always been too fearful to explore within.

She felt as though someone had stuck an icicle inside of her to play the part of her spine. The tips of her ears turned red and her face evidently paled. Her head felt lightheaded, her palms sweaty, and her stomach churned, though in the way that made her want to gag, or worse, vomit. Not out of disgust, though, Winnie was not disgusted by this young man. It was pure embarrassment, and she wished more than anything that the floor could swallow her whole, now. "I-I..." Nothing would come out; her vocal cords were refusing to let anything more embarrassing leave her lips. She stared at him like a child whose favourite toy had just been harshly removed from their hands. Her own hands were shaking ever-so-slightly, and she clutched her bags tightly in one hand, the other drifting up towards her cotton candy pink flannel, giving it a shake. Had it always been this hot in here, or had the temperature suddenly increased a good hundred degrees since she became noticed? "I-it's not an excuse, I promise, I just..." She sucked her lips inward momentarily to avoid a trembling bottom lip. Her throat was quickly closing in on her, and the young man in front of her was beginning to become a blurred shadow. This is all your fault. How could you be so stupid? You shouldn't have worried about someone taking your bags, you shouldn't have been pushy and tried to make it in one. Now you've made a mistake you can't fix. You stupid, stupid girl.

A sharp call sounded from the other side of the room, a breath of fresh air against the chilly atmosphere. The girl who'd called out was very pretty; short almond hair, with the body of a runner. She was with two other girls, one with dark, dark hair and another with fiery red hair. Hers seemed to resemble the tone that belonged to the boy in front of her, though he spoke icily, cooly, as opposed to over the top. For whatever reason, that made it worse. Winnie avoided his gaze, not even realizing he had stepped out of the way. Truth be told, the petite girl wasn't too sure she trusted her jello legs, anyway. She kept her gaze strictly on her Doc Martin boots, managing a barely audible, "I'm really sorry."

🏶 𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐀𝐘𝐀𝐋𝐀- / [ seventeencisfemalebisexualmain housetagging linus,
castor, james
/ mentioning rueben
]

Heather wished desperately for a fan of some sort. Did the castle-looking building have air conditioning? It looked cooling, but she suspected that was only because of the grey stone. Ugh. Who built with stone, anyway? It was so unattractive; these ones in particular were lumpy and looked like someone had quite literally attempted to mush a bunch of boulders together and call it a building. Had any architects come out here recently? Landscapers, gardeners? This place looked like a jungle. Or, better yet, someone had plowed through on who-knows-what sort of machinery, bulldozed out a decent-sized path, and put it up for sale, in which someone did and turned it into this. If Heather had to look on the bright side of things, there wasn't a nasty smell that lingered in the air, and things seemed relatively tidied up enough, but it wasn't exactly what she was used to. Or something she'd ever willingly attend, to be frank. Her parents really were in for a good punishment, and all over some stupid little party.

Her one hand was arched close to her body, as if she was holding an imaginary purse, while the other held her bag tightly so nobody could attempt to steal. For one, her bag was Louis Vuitton, and that itself was probably worth more than half of the stuff the other campers had on them. And she had some real nice clothes in here- her parents specifically shopped out some "camp worthy" clothing. Of course, Heather hadn't even blinked an eye at them, because athletic shorts were so not her thing, but, as much as she couldn't stand her parents and the attention (ironic, since she barely knew what the was when speaking of those two) received, but if she absolutely had to admit, yes, their taste was pretty good. Her step-mother's, especially; Heather absolutely despised the fact that they liked a lot of the same things. Even just thinking of that made her shutter.

So for that reason and every other one relating to her dreadful family and her reluctance to come to a place like this camp, she couldn't have been happier to come across Linus. What were the odds? Yes, she supposed it was the only decent camp around for those who had experience with magik, but it wasn't even like they could use it. And sending them both off this exact summer? It seemed a bit suspicious, but Heather wasn't about to complain. She returned the kisses, a polite greeting, but rolled her eyes dramatically as he stretched out an accent. "You're ever too charming," she returned, despite her visible cringe, curling the words in such a way that her "ever" was more "evah," and her "charming" was more of a "chaw-ming." She had the exact same questions as he asked, ironically enough. She gave an exasperated sigh. "Oh, you know, the Beasts didn't appreciate having their ever-so-sweet daughter having a bit of fun, so 'tis my punishment. Grand, isn't it?" But then the frown emerged and she shook her head. "Good, as you should; they need to be taught some way or another. But do tell me when we've the time. I bet it's thrilling."

Heather didn't often find glee in things, but a genuine, charming smile took over the previous frown at his hearty comment on their outfits. His parents, much like hers, were the definition of old school. Heather had always gone shopping with Linus during their birthday week, and she'd always bought him a cute top that his parents would never approve of. Such as the one he was wearing; "crop tops aren't appropriate," was the response given by Heather's family, and she didn't doubt it was much different for Linus.

Her dark eyes flickered past her friend and onto the redhead as Linus gave a quick introduction. She shot him a lightning-quick, tight-lipped smile. Any friend of Linus' meant Heather had to at least be nice to them. She'd decide later if she likes James or not, but if Linus decided so quickly that they'd work well as a mischievous match, then maybe she'd be okay in the stranger's presence, too. Her smile dipped when she noticed the other male, the evident student, had rolled his eyes upon her arrival. Her head snapped up and her stance grew rigid, business-like once more. What was his problem? She didn't send a snarky comment his way, though, mostly because the one that was definitely a counselor spoke up. A smirk curved at the corner of her lips, and she shot Linus a teasingly pointed look his way. "Washing duty, hm? That sounds awfully suiting, don't you agree?" Based on the way Linus and James were nearly gushing over whatever the counselor had said as she was stepping up, she assumed they either wanted something from the guy, or he was genuinely a good person. Heather had always wanted to remain on the good side of adults, something she'd thought about early on in her childhood, so, with nothing more than a reluctant sigh, she flicked her wrist towards him, wand now in hand. She shot Linus yet another look, though, this one sarcastically bored. She was ready to go home, and she hadn't even been there for five minutes yet.
'senna_x.xshe/herx'.x'est'x.x'adultx'.x'soc student
hey all, i'm senna! i'm a young adult,full-time university
student, and a writer with a spontaneous muse :') i'm
most likely to be caught napping, thinking about plots
i'll probably never write, or hyper fixating on the late
st paranormal podcast <3

'hufflepuff'.''leo''.''cat mom'.''researcher'.''my misfits
senna_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Linus | 09

Postby nikbowie » Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:43 pm

░░░░░ seventeen • male • gay • tags: James, Heather • mentions: Castor • location: the main house ░░░░░

Linus remembered the precise moment his mother had notified him that he would be attending Manohl’s. They had been eating breakfast as a family, a quiet and honestly somber affair. His mother had cleared her throat and just told him he was going. Didn’t ask, didn’t even leave a tiny bit of room for negotiation. The first thing he had done - he wasn’t sure why exactly, other than to establish an immediate air of protest, was stick his elbows onto the table. This was a particular annoyance to his mother, who had probably accumulated hours over her life spelling his elbows off that very table. And so he planted his elbows on their lace dining cloth. A first notification of rebellion. Things… well, they had escalated from there. He couldn’t wait to tell Heather about it. He was sure she would get quite the kick out of it.

Born only four days apart, he had grown up with the fiery girl. In some ways, she was like a sister. The thing was, he did have a sister. The twins. I wonder how they’re holding up without me. His mother, though mean, was never as cruel to his brother and sister the way she was to him. And Linus planned to keep it that way. He couldn’t be openly affectionate towards them. It was always through closed doors, hidden away from their mother. Distance himself from them and she wouldn’t hurt them the same way. That was his hope. So this long summer, separated from Otto and Adalaine - it had not been looking up at first. At least now he’d have someone to explain his worries about this to. He was bound to make friends this summer, but certainly there was no way he would open up about his siblings to the new people. For him, it probably wasn’t possible for him to trust a new person that quickly. So, seeing Heather was certainly a welcome surprise, for more than just the reason that she was fun to break the rules with.

He batted his eyelashes playfully as she called him charming. “Ugh, not the Beasts. I don’t think they can comprehend the idea of fun.” They had many enjoyable nicknames for their parents. The Beasts was one of his personal favorites. It was fitting. “I’m intrigued, what fun were you getting up to without me? Living life more on the edge, finally? Truly, I’m heartbroken - proud too, though. You’ve just got to tell me everything later.” He cringed inwardly as she handed her wand over to the counselor. He’d have to help her get that back later. Linus made a note to keep an eye on this counselor, see where he might potentially hide the wands. He bowed forward, gesturing ornately to the castle before him. “Let’s!” Linus was curious as to what the inside would be like. He had been inside lots of stodgy old castles, courtesy of his parents and their stupidly rich friends. Many were simply dank and dull, others over decorated with completely unnecessary junk. This one - well, he supposed they would see.
Last edited by nikbowie on Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
nikbowie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me