End of Light ➷ High Fantasy - o/a

For roleplays featuring human or human-like characters which have inhuman abilities or live in an (original) fantasy world. E.g. vampires, shape-shifters, werewolves. However this category does not include roleplays based on existing fandoms such as Twilight or Harry Potter

End of Light ➷ High Fantasy - o/a

Postby vulture, » Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:08 am

------------------
"The pines were roaring
on the heights
The winds was moaning
in the night
The fire was red,
it flaming spread
The trees like torches
blazed with light,"

------------------
------------------
"The bells were ringing
in the dale
And men looked up
with faces pale
The dragon's ire, more
fierce than fire"

The Misty Mountains Cold
- The Hobbit

------------------

The World Tree is burning; set ablaze by the massive dragon, Kalzeruth, Destroyer of Man and Harbinger of the Dark Gods. The Tree is the lifeblood of our world, Aeqerat. It served as the prison for the Dark Gods who once ruled the world with corruption and deceit. Now, as the tree falls, darkness is spreading across the land. The demonic minions of the Dark Gods are emerging from their earthen cells and threatening the whole of the realm. If the evil is left unchecked, the Dark Gods will rise again to consume everything in their path. Each Kingdom has united together under one banner in order to face certain death. Joined by other great warriors, mages, and adventurers, you have received a summons to the palace from the Golden Council. You are Aeqerat's last hope at survival.

Last edited by vulture, on Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:44 am, edited 5 times in total.
vulture,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

together we stand...

Postby vulture, » Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:05 am

The Golden Council

Brought together by the onslaught of darkness, four kingdoms once ravaged by war united together under one banner to protect their world. The ruler of each kingdom was given a seat on the Golden Council, who rule as one entity over the new union of Aeqerat. The council resides in the capital of Vrador which has become a melting pot of once enemies. Towns and cities are overrun with prejudice against other races and those of other descent, brewing distrust and unhappiness that fuels the fire. Doomsayers line the streets, heralding the coming of the Kalzeruth and his masters. Many people refuse to leave the city, fearing the demonspawn outside.

Kingdom of Cethia

Races of Cethia wrote:-High Elves
-Wood Elves
-Satyr
-Dryad
-Other nature species

Representative of Cethia wrote:
Taniss Larenhoth
A grizzled High Elf who has served the majority
of his life as a councilman for Cethia before
becoming King. As a typical high elf, he is conceited
and self-serving. He does not care for the needs
of the realm, but rather the safety of his kingdom
alone. Cold and cruel.
Nestled deep within the thick woods known as the Glimmering Forest, the Kingdom of Cethia is home to the World Tree. Their cities are sparse with houses fashioned in trees, giant mushrooms, and caves. The capital of the same name is a great show of High Elf greed with tall sparkling buildings made of the finest marble. Cethia is the home for many different forest folk, falling within it's jurisdiction and simply agreeing to join rather than facing a traitorous charge. Though the land is home to an abundance of different races, the High Elves have always held the royal seat, only recently allowing other races to serve on the council. With their forest burning and dark spawn occupying their cities, they had no other choice but to agree to the alliance and find solitude in Vrador.

Kingdom of Xairia

Races of Xairia wrote:-Dark Elves
-Reptillians
-Harpies/Arrakoa
-Naga
-Other Dark Species

Representative of Xairia wrote:
Marzeva Caleeseene
As a previous spy, Marzeva is a cunning reptillian.
She wishes to clear the name of her kingdom and
end the negativity around her people. She is
perceptive and patient with the goal of playing
an important role in striking down the Darkness
in order to bring her people out of the shadows.
Xairia was once known as the forbidden kingdom. It is home to all of the outcasts of the realm. The species with roots in dark magic as well as ties to the Dark Gods themselves. It was once the capital of the realm, when the Gods ran free. For decades, it has warred with the Kingdoms of Vrador and Cethia, finding allies only among the Kethen. Though Xairia has long since been freed of the grasp of the Dark Gods, the stigma remains. With their ancient creators stirring beneath the Earth, harboring a vengeance for the clans that betrayed them, the Xairia allied with the other Kingdoms as their only hope of survival. The capital of Xaria is an obsidian cathedral nestled on the dark side of the mountains. The land is rocky and perilous with volcanoes rumbling along the range.

Tribal Lands of Kethen

Races of Kethen wrote:-Orcs
-Goblins
-Trolls
-Tauren
-Other Tribal Races

Representative of Kethen wrote:
Minyech Wisehoof
Chosen for his wisdom, selflessness, and victory
in war, Minyech is a tauren who was chieftan of
his tribe. With a heart of gold and a concern for
all living creatures, he was elected to represent
their lands in the council. He seeks peace and
safety for all, no matter their race.
The Tribal Lands of Kethen are located along the sprawling plains outside of the forest and mountains. It is not ruled over by one king, but occupied by various tribes, clans, and war-bands overseen by their own individual warchiefs. Many of the clans have battled each other for as long as history has been recorded (aside from the mostly peaceful Tauren), but never out of hatred, simply out of a spiritual belief that war pleases their ancestors and feeds the lands. They hold no prejudice against any other races and seek honor over all else. Each settlement is unique with their own laws and culture. Wishing to lend their aid to the cause, they eagerly sent a representative to aid the alliance.

Kingdom of Vrador

Races of Vrador wrote:-Humans
-Dwarves
-Haflings
-Centaur
-Other mostly human races

Representative of Vrador wrote:
Theodoric Serrill
Born into royalty, King Theodoric was always
destined for the throne. He rules with an iron
fist, harboring no soft spot of criminals as well
as being adverse to magic wielders. He desires a
permanent union of all Kingdoms over which
he would rule.
Vrador is not the oldest kingdom of Aeqerat, the long life span of the elves has stolen that title from them. It is, arguably, the most powerful with a highly trained army and multitude of ambassadors to spread their beliefs. The same bloodline has held the throne for as long as anyone can remember, squelching rebellions and wars alike with their strong military power. The kingdom welcomes anyone who would accept their religion, but does not take well to magic users. They are the most biased of all of the Kingdoms, harboring a hatred for anyone not of their own and distrusting many of the other races. However, with their strength and sprawling lands that incorporate fields, mountains, and forests, they were the perfect location for uniting the realm. King Theodoric initiated the alliance and has organized it's members.
vulture,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

the three schools of thought...

Postby vulture, » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:37 am

The Three Schools of Thought

Every adventurer and soldier called upon to face the Darkness has a specialty. At a young age, individuals are chosen based on their natural abilities to pursue skills in many different fields such as restoration, destruction, and weapon skills. While some may choose to attend one of the realm's Guilds to master their craft and many have simply learned from mentors within their kingdoms.

While any race is able to practice any art, some thrive in certain disciplines more than others. Elves, for example, are more inclined to the magical craft, whereas orcs are built for strength and combat. Humans tend to be balanced across the board.

Below you will find the classes, as well as their advanced lines. If you have an idea for a class that isn't on the list, please PM me! Characters will start with at least a basic class, but are free to choose an advanced role at the start, or work to earn it throughout the roleplay. If you want to reserve an advanced role, please pm me! Even if you don't want your character to start with it, let me know so I can make sure to set it aside for you.

The Schools of Magic

Mage (3/5)- Specializes in destruction magic and weaving spells of either fire, frost, or arcane. They are devastatingly powerful, but can become burnt out from using too many spells and suffer from a lack of constitution. Every spell they cast was studied endlessly at one point, with more advanced spells taking years to master.

Conjurer (1/1)- Calls upon an elemental or familiar to aid the caster in battle. Can also learn to conjure magical weapons.
      Bard (0/1)- Has traded a staff for an instrument and performs musical ballads to support allies and aid them in battle. Still able to practice basic offensive abilities (though a lute to the head may be more effective) with a strong focus on support.
      Illusionist (1/1)- Casts spells of deceit and illusion. Can make the caster and allies invisible, create false images, and eventually create more complex illusions such as buildings.
      Necromancer (1/1) - Studies a forbidden art. The practice of necromancer is outlawed across the realm. They are said to be able to commune with the Dark Gods and raise the dead from their graves. They cast spells of darkness and must carry out rituals to summon the dead. Necromancer's are arrested on sight, if they are not cut down where they stand first.

Cleric (2/5) - A master of holy magic and strongest against the Darkness. They are able to wield the power of the light against their foes, as well as bend it to heal their allies. Most clerics stick to the back lines as they have a weak constitution, however, some may train to comfortably wear heavy armor.

Priest (1/1) - Specializes in restorative magic to heal allies in and after battle. Maybe knows one offensive skill.
      Crusader (0/1) - A cleric who has trained in armor and weaponry. They use holy energy to empower their weapons and take the heat from their enemies. Not able to efficiently cast spells.
      Confessor (1/1) - Has learned to use holy magic offensively against the Darkness. Not powerful healers, but still able to fix minor scrapes. Extremely effective against Darkspawn.

The Schools of Arms

Warrior (3/5) - Trained in the art of combat, these fighters are skilled in many different weapons. They don't use magic and rely on their increased strength and fortitude to cut down their foes. Often seen practicing, they must be prepared to stand on the front lines of any battle. Warriors generally wear heavy armor.

Knight (1/1) - Once a member of a royal army, the knight favors a one-handed weapon and shield. They wear heavy armor to divert enemy attention to themselves. Many are trained on mounted combat.
      Berserker (1/1) - A master of all weapons, though generally prefers to run into combat with as big of a blade as they can find. Some berserkers may wear lighter armor to leave them more mobile in battle.
      Ranger (1/1) - These warriors traded their sword for a bow and some choose to study enchanctment magic to enhance their arrows. They are masters of archery and ranged attacks. May be just as effective on the back of a horse.
      Scoundrel (0/1) - A warrior who favors easily concealable weapons and stealth. They wear medium armor to flank the enemy and go undetected, landing surprise blows at key targets.

The Schools of Nature

Warden (3/5) - Wardens are focused on the protection of the natural world and have gained a strong bond to it. They favor traditional weapons, but are able to cast spells that empower their attacks.

Tamer (1/1) - These Wardens are chosen early on in their training to learn to communicate with and befriend the world's various fauna. Some may choose a single companion early on that they raise and train with, while others may foster relationships with multiple creatures throughout their life. Tamers utilize weapons of their choice to assault their foes and nature magic to mend their animal companions.
      Witch (1/1) - With a focus on the more dangerous flora, Witches are able to manifest poison to coat their weapons and strike their foes ill. They are also able to hex and curse their foes to inhibit their abilities.
      Earthwarden (1/1) - Blurring the line between Wardens, Druids, and Mages are the Earthwardens. This group has a deep connection with all flora and are able to cast offensive magics utilizing its power.

Druid (4/5) - Druids are masters of nature and greatly in tune with the powers of the Earth. With a connection to nature, they are able to harness the power of plants to heal the wounds of allies and ensnare their enemies.

Claw (1/1) - These druids have forgone their ability to call upon the powers of the earth in order to connect with the fauna of the world instead. They are able to learn to morph their shape into up to three different creatures.
      Leaf (1/1) - Druids of the Leaf are masters of restorative magic and support their allies with both protective spells that can cover their skin in an armor of bark, as well as heal their wounds.
      Spore (1/1) - Druids of the Spore have changed their focus from solely living matter to that which is lifeless. They are able to transform fungi and mold into amalgamations or animate the dead.
      Fruit (1/1) - Taking on the attributes of a fruit tree, these druids are able to manifest fruits with various powers and channel their inner tree.
Last edited by vulture, on Sat Jan 09, 2021 4:05 am, edited 12 times in total.
vulture,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

all-consuming darkness...

Postby vulture, » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:32 pm

Current Threat

Our foes will change as more darkness is uncovered. Here you will find known information about the evil of the land and the minions they bring forth.

Kalzeruth, Destroyer of Man, Harbinger of Darkness

A massive fire breathing dragon with scales of onyx and gold, Kalzeruth is a fearsome foe. For decades, he slumbered under the mountains, gaining his strength and plotting the release of his masters. He attacked the World Tree swiftly and aggressively, leaving no chance for retaliation. There, where the Dark Gods had been trapped beneath the oak's roots, bound by it's magical energy, he released his fury. As the limbs of the tree burned and crumbled, the Dark Gods broke free and now lie in wait for their time to strike.
Kalzeruth utilizes every weapon at his disposal, including fire, razor teeth, clawed wings, and clubbed tail. He brings with him his brood of whelps, drakes, and humanoid draconic warriors. His weaknesses remain unknown.
vulture,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

those who answered the call...

Postby vulture, » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:35 pm

The Saviors

Here we find the roster of champions who accepted the call to defense. The fate of Aeqerat rests on their shoulders.

-
Mages

Ko'Zasari - Khajiit - Necromancer
Kel Nightscribe - High Elf - Illusionist
Ssethyis Shimmer scale - Naga - Conjurer
---
Clerics

Abioye Chand - Human - Confessor
Nethdani - Tiefling - Priest
----
Warriors

Korrik Gorestrike - Orc - Berserker
Arwyn Loren - Goblin - Ranger
Kassaera - Centaur - Knight

---------------------
Wardens

Iris - Half-Elf - Witch
---------------------
Druids

Perry Palespark - Halfling - Spore Druid
Amelia Rosewood - Fae/Faerie - Leaf Druid
Corinna Drivas - Dryad - Fruit Druid
Larlisha - Elf - Druid of the Claw

Last edited by vulture, on Sat Jan 09, 2021 4:07 am, edited 8 times in total.
vulture,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

code of conduct...

Postby vulture, » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:12 pm

Rules

1. Know all site rules before joining.
2. Know the basics of the story, please <3 I know there is a lot of information here. I don't ask that you know it all by heart, it is a reference for us to go off of as we progress. Feel free to skim through it to get a grasp on things, but don't stress about it!
3. No powerplay. This roleplay is going to be very combat driven. I will play any main foes (Gods and elite forces) we face as they will not simply be killed by a single arrow. Smaller enemies (such as a skeleton or whelp) can be quickly destroyed, but no "She shot an arrow at Kalzeruth and killed him instantly".
4. This is not a romance roleplay. While I am fine if romantic relationships develop, remember that our characters are facing certain death and incredible foes. Smooching is not going to be high on their list of priorities.
5. Have fun and write your own story! There is a lot of lore and world building to this story, but I want everyone to make sure that they are involved. Do not wait for others to approach you, involve yourself in the action!
6. As of right now, only two characters per person. I want to make sure everyone has a chance to snatch up a role that sounds interesting to them. I may change this in the future, but for now, please only two.
7. Most races are going to be allowed! Even if I did not list a race you want to play next to one of the kingdoms, you are free to play whatever you like! Characters also don't necessarily have to be a distinct part of a kingdom, they may simply be a nomad in that kingdom's territory.
7. Write reasonable responses. Make sure that your post has enough information for someone to go off of and is something that progresses the story. I have no word requirement, just make sure you are contributing.
8. Do not repost or bump constantly. This includes quoting your characters who aren't being interacted with constantly. Do not repost the same thing over and over, have them continue their activity and progress along with time in the roleplay.
9. Keep OOC and forms in the discussion thread. I don't want to see a bunch of chatter here. We have a forum for that :]
10. If you have any questions, feel free to message me! I promise I do not bite and I am generally okay with most things.

Forms

Please make your own forms and pretty them up as you see fit! The only information I require is the following:
*Please post forms in the*
Discussion Thread

Name:
      Race:

Note: Characters should have a mount! This is generally a hooved creature such as a horse, stag, boar, etc. These are not to be significant story members and are simply used for travel. Also, only classes that specifically mention a companion should have any sort of pet.
Last edited by vulture, on Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
vulture,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

a story unwritten...

Postby vulture, » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:18 pm

The Story so Far...

Our adventurers have just arrived in the capital of Vrador after receiving a summons from the Council. Whether drawn by fame, coin, or glory, they have agreed to face the darkness that consumes the light. They now are making their way into the Council chambers to meet with their fellow adventurers and receive their quest.
vulture,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: End of Light ➷ High Fantasy - o/a

Postby vulture, » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:30 pm

res
vulture,