the broken isle -- reborn -- open

For roleplays featuring human or human-like characters which have inhuman abilities or live in an (original) fantasy world. E.g. vampires, shape-shifters, werewolves. However this category does not include roleplays based on existing fandoms such as Twilight or Harry Potter

the broken isle -- reborn -- open

Postby vulture, » Fri Nov 06, 2020 3:22 am

You've always been different. Perhaps water bends to your will or the soul of a wolf lives within you; you could have wings or be a beast of shadow. One way or another, you are not human. You spent your entire life as an outcast, never able to find a place you felt that you belonged. Until you heard about the Broken Isle. This group of supernatural beings found shelter on a remote island where they are free to be who they are without judgement. All was well, until the Seeker organization uncovered this small band of misfits. The Seekers are an elite force of human soldiers who all banded together to combat a dangerous group of supernaturals known as the Forgotten, causing destruction among human civilizations. Each Seeker has their own reason to fight, be it a loss at the hands of the supernaturals or the simple need for money. They have mistakenly connected the Broken to the dangerous group of criminals they battle and are bringing their war to the island's shores.

Discussion and Character Forms
Last edited by vulture, on Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:26 pm, edited 5 times in total.
vulture,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

rules and forms

Postby vulture, » Fri Nov 06, 2020 3:24 am

Rules
-Know the site rules before starting. These change all of the time but are the basis for every roleplay and I will try to keep everyone up to date on them. If I feel you are doing something outside of the rules, I will kindly ask you to edit.
-All species are welcome, however, if I feel your character is too strong or has a bit too much going on, I will kindly ask you to adjust accordingly.
-Write your own story, I don't care how much you write, how often you write. All I ask is that you have fun with this. Don't wait for your character to be approached by someone else. Add drama to the story, pick fights, if you want to do something but are unsure, message me. I am always willing to help!
-Please read ALL of the information on this first page. I have written out the duties of each role, the setting, as well as a recap that will be kept up to date with all major events in the roleplay.

Forms

Please feel free to make your own form, I don't ask for much, simply filling out the basics is fine enough. I believe in developing a character as you go. Events and experiences change people and characters should be no different.
      Post these on the discussion thread, please!

basic needs wrote:
      name:
      species:
      personality (basic traits are fine):
      anything else:
Last edited by vulture, on Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
vulture,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

ranks and members

Postby vulture, » Fri Nov 06, 2020 3:36 am

The Broken

The Broken is our group of misfits. All supernatural beings are welcome. These lost souls found shelter on the island in order to live a peaceful life. However, a war has begun between the humans and a larger group of supernatural creatures that has inadvertently brought strife upon their island. In the best interest of everyone's safety, a rough rank and role system was implemented by the founding members of the group.

Leader: Marzio D'Amore

Adviser: Reserved
        The adviser may not always steer the leader in the right direction, but they have come to be a second in command. They help with all planning and training and serve as the head of the clan while the leader is away.

Lead Medic: Aradia Bleakwood
      Medics: Tetsuya Sasaki,
        The doctors of the group are essential for all operations. While many individuals know the basics of wound treatment, the medics are the experts with a vast quantity of medical texts at their hands, they are always working to improve their skills.
      Warriors: Petronela Halvard, --
        Our warriors double as our hunters. They spend their time training, scouting, and acquiring food for the rest of the clan. They are generally the strongest of the clan, aside from the leader and adviser.
      Undetermined: Tristan Irvine, Nylaathria Bivyre, Marco Baden, Anghel Ezra Evans, Warren Black, Sirra Black, Kottaa, Reeri, Ryley Woods, Beatrice Edwards, Puck Rathmore, Persephone Rathmore
        Those without a specific rank fall under the undetermined category. They may have skills not limited to fighting or healing but simply are too varied to dictate a name for each individual. Some may eventually find themselves working as warriors or healers, though others may not.

Loner:

The Seekers

The Seekers are at war with a large group of supernaturals. The Seekers aim to protect their homes from this group. Upon discovering a renegade batch of supernatural creatures on a remote island, they immediately feared that their enemy was setting up an outpost to launch an attack on their home base. Their attention was turned to the Broken who were dragged into a war they never wanted to be. The Seekers are all humans with either a personal reason to fight, or the need for a well-paying job.

Leader: Zara Grader

Adviser: Brynn Redmond
          The adviser may not always steer the leader in the right direction, but they have come to be a second in command. They help with all planning and training and serve as the head of the seekers while the leader is away. They also lead many of the operations in order to keep the leader away from harm.

Lead Medic: Kim Romi
        Medics: John Doe,
          The doctors of the group are essential for all operations. While many individuals know the basics of wound treatment, the medics are the experts with a vast quantity of medical texts at their hands, they are always working to improve their skills.
        Soldiers: Autumn Rose, Ophelia Delacroix, Jasper Cross, Corvo Reed
          The soldiers go on all missions. They are the ones responsible for each operation. They are highly trained operators that show no remorse, or, so they say.
        Other: Venus Goetia, Powell Seo Evangelina Rhode, Alteria Bleakwood, Jackson Goetia

Last edited by vulture, on Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:06 am, edited 6 times in total.
vulture,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

setting

Postby vulture, » Fri Nov 06, 2020 3:37 am

The Broken Isle

The Broken inhabit a medium-sized island somewhere in the Atlantic Ocean. This island is generally a sunny picturesque destination, though it is no stranger to tropical storms and hurricanes. The main base of the group is located along the western coast of the island. Home is a large lodge tucked just far enough inside of a forest to hide it from any passing watercraft, but still close enough that it's many large windows overlook the ocean and beach right outside. The lodge has everything a fugitive could ever need: plenty of bedrooms, a large kitchen, community living area, a study, a medical room, and a basement used mostly for storage and shelter from the occasional storm. Though most members choose to live with the group, they are not discouraged from working to construct their own lodging anywhere on the beautiful landmass. The island is home to a set of mountains in the east while the rest of the land is blanketed in tall pine trees. The beaches are covered in a soft white sand that is always littered in shells. A crystal clear lake in the northeast drains westward through a snaking river until it meets the ocean. As far as wildlife is concerned, there is a healthy population of deer, with elk grazing in the mountains. Cougars and bears are spotted occasionally, though they generally have more to fear of the Broken than the Broken do of them. The ocean is full of colorful fish life and coral reefs, though one often has to be wary of sharks.

The Seeker's Sanctuary

The Seekers call their base of operations, Sanctuary. Sanctuary is a large compound of white brick buildings located along the eastern coast of the United States. The compound is surrounded in a large wrought iron fence and secured with a guarded gate. A small town is only about three miles outside of the compound gates, where human Seekers are allowed to visit on their downtime. This town is also where the majority of supplies are acquired. The largest building of the compound are the dorms. Each member is given their own room with only the basics, though customization is allowed. On the bottom floor of this building is a community kitchen and living area. Other noteworthy buildings include the training facility, the hospital, and the harbor. The harbor is the newest hub of activity with the recent rumors that their targets have fled off shore. The weather at Sanctuary is generally warm and humid, though the winters can see temperatures in the low teens. A mountain range can be seen in the distance and a sparse forest surrounds the walls of the intimidating complex.
Last edited by vulture, on Sun Nov 08, 2020 12:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
vulture,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

recap

Postby vulture, » Fri Nov 06, 2020 3:39 am

On the last episode...

The Broken have been plagued by a consuming sense of dread that their safe haven will no longer remain shrouded in the shadows. Marzio, the leader of the band of misfits, spotted boats scouting out the island and drawing closer and closer every day. Upon bringing this matter up to the others, himself, Aradia, Nylaathria, and Tristan set out to get a closer look at the vessels. Planning to simply observe the watercraft, the group was caught off guard when the boat came ashore and Seeker warriors poured out, along with the Seeker's head medic, Alteria. Aradia immediately recognized Alteria as her mother whom she presumed was dead. The Broken had no choice but to defend their home and confronted the invaders. In a fit of anger towards her mother and desperation to protect her companions, Aradia exploded with power she did not realize she possessed. With the Seeker numbers wiped out the Broken returned home to nurse their wounds and figure out what was going on.

The Seeker adviser, Brynn, was tasked by their terrifying leader, Zara, to launch a clandestine expedition to the newly discovered island. She enlisted the help of Jackson and Evangelina, two of the Seekers. Just as they were getting their supplies prepared, the team received word that Alteria had stolen a boat and taken a group of their soldiers to the island in pursuit of her daughter. They left immediately with a better idea of what they were facing and strict orders. The group arrived at the island and soon tracked down the location of the Broken thanks to Jackson's skills in tracking. They are banking on a plan to set multiple fires throughout the island to split up the Broken and face them on a more even playing field.

Upon the dawn of their plan, Brynn reveals to Jackson that there were not there to fight, but to attain freedom. She had brought a group as large as she could in order to help save others from the life she had lived. After explaining things to Jackson, she found Eva on the beach talking to Marzio, who's entire clan had been wiped out at the hand of Brynn and the Seekers. Upon seeing the elemental, Marzio went into a blind rage, but was stopped by Eva who broke her inhibitor collar and revealed to be a gryphon just like him. The Broken leader begrudgingly decided to let Brynn live and is ready to return to the lodge with a few new questionable recruits.

Meanwhile at Sanctuary, Powell has helped to break out Venus after Brynn left him a note on how they could escape. Shortly into their jailbreak, the duo encountered Doe, a doctor working for the Seekers who can thwart their entire plan in the blink of an eye...
Last edited by vulture, on Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:52 am, edited 3 times in total.
vulture,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: the broken isle -- reborn

Postby vulture, » Fri Nov 06, 2020 6:31 am

Res just for funsies
vulture,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby vulture, » Sat Nov 07, 2020 5:53 am

♕ Marzio D'amore ♕
Broken Leader | Beach | Alone

The fresh sea air was Marzio's only escape from the reality that had come swiftly crashing down around him. The sand was cool beneath his toes and the wind tousled his unkempt hair. He needed an escape from the house, if only for a moment. Reluctantly, he had sat mostly still as Aradia fished a bullet out of his shoulder and did some magical mumbo-jumbo to help his wound heal cleanly. His arm was neatly bandaged now and, as far as he could tell, the expert medic had fully stopped the bleeding and numbed most of the pain. Everyone was exhausted from their previous scuffle and he could only hope that the others were resting when he could not. He had left the house after a discussion over how to proceed yielded only additional stress. He knew that this day would come, but never that it would be so soon. Over the last few nights, his nightmares continued to grow in severity and invade his waking moments. If he was more spiritual, he'd openly accept them as a sign of things to come. Instead, he threw them aside as manifestations of his fears. In reality, both were probably true: subliminal foresight and fear-- two things he would never mention to others. Marzio kept his past a well guarded secret. With minimal effort, one could probably note his aversion to fire and assume his over-protection as remnants of some form of trauma.

Marzio let his eyes wash over the ocean's waves as the sun peaked over the horizon. Another sleepless night. Perhaps today he would find time to rest. With such a destructive attack the night before, he held onto hope that today would be quiet. Then again, he had a prisoner that the Seekers likely wanted back. The organization now knew that they were there and it would only be a matter of time until their armies rained down upon them like a monsoon. All he could do was hold onto that tiny glimmer of hope. The prisoner. Alteria her name was. The gryphon had never taken a captive, nor had he ever thought about taking a captive. The others deemed it best and given the special circumstances, what else was he to do? He knew it would come to him to speak to her-- but why? What would he ask her? He didn't seek information. He yearned for security and peace, two things he knew she would not be able to give them. Even if she gave up the Seeker's secrets, what would he do with that information?

He was lost. There was no doubt about it. Every day he felt as though he lost more and more of himself to the demands of protecting those who had come to him for shelter. Once upon a time, he hadn't needed to worry. He had been consumed by grief and vengeance but turned those emotions into the desire to help others. Deep within him, they still swirled. Anger. Hatred. Heaven have mercy on whoever digs the rage out of the beast.

♠ Brynn Redmond ♠
Seeker Advisor | Eastern Forest | With

The smokeless fire that silently danced in the center of the clearing was reflected in Brynn’s amber eyes. There was no wood on the fire, no fuel to it’s chaos, it was a conjuration made by the beast of flame. The group had made significant progress the day before and, after expending the majority of her energy not completely losing it on the boat ride over, Brynn made the executive decision to stop for rest for a few hours before they proceeded. The elemental had happily napped against the trunk of a tree for some time. Years of serving the Seekers in the field as both a soldier and a leader had given her the ability to sleep just about anywhere. It didn’t hurt that she also couldn’t differentiate between temperatures. A couple of their expedition members had been lost along the way. Not at all that they died-- more so that differences were exposed and ties were cut. Now all that remained was herself, the wolf, and the bird girl. The odds certainly were quickly shifting against her. She had strict orders to return successfully or face the consequences. An involuntary shudder ripped through her body just at the thought. Part of her hoped that any individual with powers would satisfy her commander’s demands, but she was all too aware of the fact that true redemption would only be earned by bagging the Gryphon. Years ago, he had escaped her as she burnt his homelands. Their next encounter landed her in critical condition thanks to his ferocity. He was a monster with no remorse. Or was that her? The lines between the demons she battled and herself had become so blurred. After her second failure, punishment had been swift and harsh. It had been her fault, she reminded herself constantly. It was her fault the gryphon got away.

A light thud from behind her ripped her far away from her dark musings. A squirrel squeaked as it scurried by with an acorn it had knocked loose from the tree. Brynn exhaled slowly as she shook her head. At some point after waking, she had changed from her signature turtleneck and jeans into shorts and a ribbed tank top. Her hand had been poised at the edge of the bandages that wrapped her arms since she first started the fire before her. Somehow her thoughts took her far away from the here and now. Reluctantly, she began to peel the bandage away from her arms, little by little revealing the light colored scars that danced up her dark skin. The marks were most prominent from her hand up to her elbow, where they became more faint but continued up to her shoulders, curling like flames. She revealed her other arm just as slowly before tossing the old bandages into the fire. Her fingers traced over the reminders of her struggles mindlessly as she turned her attention to locating Eva and Jackson. It was time to head out, before she lost her nerve.

Last edited by vulture, on Sun Nov 08, 2020 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vulture,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby AlphaOfThePack21 » Sat Nov 07, 2020 6:51 am

[This is a response to Powell in previous rp]
Venus Goetia
Giant winged wolf/half marchoisas
Hetero
Captive
Tags: Powell

she had given him every reason to be afraid of her at this point, except she didn't kill him, like she could've so easily. Killing people was not something she enjoyed either way, but if it came down to it she would. Though she will not harm someone who doesn't deserve it, even though she did think about it for a split moment.

She stayed defeated on the ground, her wings droopy laying lazily at her sides as her legs were underneath her. His apology although it changed nothing, it did make her feel a little at ease, it was the first time someone had even said anything like that to her. She assumed her partial shift probably scared him even more, but why did she care? He already looked at her like a monster.

She quickly looked up at him as he told her about Jackson. "W-what?" tears welled up in her eyes. It was a mix of anger, but also relief. She was angry they were using him to do their dirty work, but she was also relieved he wasn't being held and tested on. He could go run outside see the sky. There was a hint of jealousy behind the anger and relief. But all in all she was glad that Jax wasn't cooped up in a cell. The tears rolled down her cheeks. Why would he tell her about this? She just almost lit him on fire, just gave him every reason to be afraid of her. "why?" she paused "why did you tell me that? I did nothing worthy for you to tell me that. So why did you?" she questions. Her heart ached, she really felt like a monster at this point.

She didn't fight him anymore for the mask, she would wait for another day, she needs to map a plan out in her head before she grabs the key, on top of that with the guard being right there, there would be no time. She would need to plan this out better. Her eyes looked at the key in his hand before she looked at the cuffs, she had the keys shape, etched into her mind, looking at the key hole for the cuffs, it looks like it would fit but there was only one way of finding out. She waited for him to finish locking up the mask.

Nylaathria [Nya or Nyla] Bivyre
Elf/Magic
Bi [Closeted]
Broken Undetermined
Tags: Marzio>open
she was still in pain from her injury, but everything that could be done was done. Her side was bandaged up, but the numbing only lasts for so long. The moments of the fight still burned into her head, though her face remained stoic as ever. She sat in the sand, barefoot as always, it was a way elves feel connected to the earth, and shoes were very restricting. Her legs were bent and pulled up to her chest, he arms rested around her knees gripping themselves.
She knew it well, it wouldn't be long until more of the seekers come, they should be preparing. Fortifying. But instead everyone is resting, though she guesses that's well needed too. She couldn't take a nap, her body was still in fight mode and her mind ran with so many outcomes of what will happen next and how to handle them.

Ways down the beach she could see a figure, it was the leader, and her friend, Marzio. He looked like he was deep in thought, probably just as much as she is, if not more because he is the leader. From this distance it looked like a weight was on his shoulders. She could also feel this anger radiating from him, something she hadn't felt from him ever. She sighed, why did she care? Should she care? Her heart told her no, but her mind knew it was right to go talk to him. She just needs the right words to say. He looked so alone. But he needed to be reminded.

She walked slowly towards him and then put a hand on his shoulder. "Remember, you aren't the only one fighting, we are all in this together. So stop acting like this is all on you, bird brains." nya spoke. This was the normal way nya spoke, she means well and hopes it brings some relief to his mind. But she wants one to cushion her words or her thoughts. With that she patted his back and walked to the cabin to lay down while things were still calm.

Jackson [Jax] Goetia
Shifter [Giant Wolf-Black/Half Marchosias]
Hetero
Seeker Solider/Tracker
Tags: Brynn/Eva
Before they had settled down he had requested to stay able to be in his wolf form, it would be good for them since he has enhanced hearing and smell as a wolf, and would wake up if he heard something or someone approaching. So there he is resting with his head laying on his paws, every once in a while you could see his ear twitch lightly. He woke slowly to Brynn pulling off bandages that seemed to hide scars beneath them.

He yawned, and stretched as he shook his pelt. Standing on all fours slowly. "scars are stories. Each one has their own, but at the same time without those scars or stories we wouldn't be us, or nearly as strong." he said. As part wolf he learned of their ancestry and beliefs when he was really young. Wolves take pride in their scars, they wear them like trophies, usually. Its like it shows others what they have been through, having scars gains respect from other wolves, it shows how strong and brave you are. It wasn't that he liked her, or that he was her friend, it was just how he was raised with the short time with his mother. And with the soon to be fight coming up, she needed to have a clear strong mind.

His head had turned and looked over to the squirrel the was almost out of view now, fighting every instinct to eat it. He shifted back to his human form, standing still. "so we set some fires, im assuming the main target will be the gryphon? We should sort out the small details now before we continue so there is no miscommunication or screw ups. The last thing we need is one of us getting all mixed up and then we lose a fighter." he suggests. He knew better than to tell her what to do, and she already looked on edge.

Zara Grader
Human
Hetero
Seekers Leader
Tags: open
will make post for her when there are a few more posts, or feel free to have someone approach her
AlphaOfThePack21

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

evangelina - 001 [post timeskip]

Postby azhefa. » Sat Nov 07, 2020 12:27 pm

xx𝑬𝑽𝑨𝑵𝑮𝑬𝑳𝑰𝑵𝑨
i. eva ii. 25 iii. female iv. seeker medic v. gryphon shifter/hybrid vi. hetero/single

x─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────

it was a welcome relief when brynn decides they should stop for a rest. eva was tired from walking, but was also too anxious to nap like brynn does. the hybrid moved away from the group when everyone settled down and found herself on the beach nearby. it was in shouting distance to the group, but far enough away that she doesn't see or hear them should they chat among themselves. eva sits in the sand and watches the waves move in and out. the simple action was soothing to her wild mind. she wasn't a soldier, she was a healer. she shouldn't be out here tracking down fellow inhumans, but here she is. on some island in the middle of the ocean hunting her fellow inhumans as if they were wild hogs.

eva gazes across the water and sighs tiredly as the sun starts to peek from the dark horizon. seems she won't be able to sleep at all this time. it won't be the first time she's been unable to sleep or not allowed to. the scientists just love to push her as far as possible and withholding sleep was one of their favorite tests it seems. eva gets to her feet and and dusts off all the sand from her shorts before walking to the water's edge and wading out until it laps at her shins. the water was nicely chilled and felt nice against her heated skin. though her wings were clipped and she can't fly, eva spreads the feathered appendages and flaps them half-heartedly with her eyes closed. she could almost imagine she was flying when the wind blows over her feathers. it felt so real that when she opened her eyes and remembered she was still grounded, her chest hurt with the amount of disappointment that flowed through her. though she wanted so badly to cry and curse the scientists who did this, eva knew doing so would only make things worse for her and she didn't want to find out just how much worse things could get.

as she turns to head back towards the group, eva catches a scent on the wind and pauses. her senses may not be as amazing as jackson's, but she can still pick up changes around her. eva was weary and hesitant as she looks around the beach area, the sun was still trying to rise so it was hard to see very far. she can sense someone was nearby, but she doesn't know who they are and if they were friendly. eva mentally curses the scientists for refusing to let her carry weapons and bends down to grab a piece of driftwood that was at her feet. she holds it tightly as she takes a few steps up the beach.
    "who's there?" she calls out, loud enough to be heard, but soft enough that it doesn't carry far. it wouldn't be good to have brynn and jackson come running if it was just a deer running around. the embarrassment would be horrible.

xxxlocation; beach x mentions; brynn, jackson x tags; marzio
azhefa.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spiritstar3 » Sat Nov 07, 2020 1:48 pm

Warren Black- panther shift- 20- m (genderfluid)- undetermined- homosexual; maybe Jae and Jun- lodge- Tags: Sirra

The sweet, playful, adventure loving male hummed a bit. He shook his head a couple times, then looked to Sirra and smiled at her. He sighed, and wondered what Jae and Jun might be doing right now. Shaking his head, he hummed and looked to his sister once more. He smiled sweetly and nudged her a bit, then finally spoke up. "Want to go hunting?" he asked the female, the half breed, half panther. He smiled when she nodded at him, and he went outside with her.

Sirra (seer-uh) Black- panther tiger shift- 22- f- undetermined- bi; open- lodge- Tags: Warren

The sweet, silly, kind and caring slender female continued to hum. She was glad to not have to deal with Nya for yet another day, at least not right now. She hummed and smiled at her big brother, half brother. She shook her head a couple times at his sigh. She then said yes to going hunting with the purebred panther. She saw him smile, and she stepped outside with him then. She hummed as they began to walk away from the lodge, and soon would shift forms.

Kottaa (coat- uh)- Kitsune- two tails, not very strong- 22- m- undetermined- homo; open- inside- Tags: open

The sweet, gentle, playful yet anxious male hummed as he laid on the floor. More specifically, the floor of his bedroom. He was in his two tailed fox form, tails moving every once in awhile. His ears twitched whenever he heard anything. He huffed out a breath, and continued to lie there. The black eared white fox seemed happy.

Reeri (r-ee-r-ee)- Werewolf- 24- f- undetermined- bi; open- outside--> inside- Tags: open

The sweet, playful, but fierce and stubborn black wolf looked around. She picked up the two rabbits shed hunted down. She knew at least Warren and Sirra would appreciate the meat. They were meat eaters just like her, though liked vegetables and fruits too. She only liked sweet potatoes...However, fruit sat quite well with her, and in fact she likes it a lot. She turned back to human once at the door, opening it and going to work on the rabbits. She pulled her long black hair back before skinning and dicing the meat.
Spiritstar3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me