➤The Isle of Ancient Minds| A Shifter Rp |(NEW + ACCEPTING)

For roleplays featuring human or human-like characters which have inhuman abilities or live in an (original) fantasy world. E.g. vampires, shape-shifters, werewolves. However this category does not include roleplays based on existing fandoms such as Twilight or Harry Potter

➤The Isle of Ancient Minds| A Shifter Rp |(NEW + ACCEPTING)

Postby Pipsquawk » Thu Oct 22, 2020 4:55 am

"𝖂𝖊𝖑𝖈𝖔𝖒𝖊 𝖔𝖓𝖊 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖆𝖑𝖑 𝖙𝖔 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕴𝖘𝖑𝖊 𝖔𝖋 𝕬𝖓𝖈𝖎𝖊𝖓𝖙 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖉𝖘!"
_______________________________________________________________________________________
Spoken almost like an announcer, voice booming and echoing off the walls of the cave that you could've sworn was bigger on the inside than
it was on the outside. You're young, 9, 10? Maybe. At birth a song was played to you, a song that would influence the way you are for the rest of your life. This ceremony is most likely going to *be* the biggest moment in your life, one that decides your every action, you values, you beliefs, what you defend and what you hold dear.

This is the ceremony for every young boy and girl to show off their abilities, what they can do, strengths, weaknesses, all of it. Abilities? You may ask. "What abilities I don't have any?" Rest assured that you in fact, do, that song that was played to you when you were first born imprinted certain ability's onto you, one of the most important of these is your Shift. Your shift is as simple as it gets, its what you can shift into, shifts though, only come in one of three types. Draconic, Dinosauric or Animalistic, or a various mix of the three (other)

This ceremony will determine what region you are placed in on the isle/what you rank or role is. People from other regions can interact with one another! This simply determines what kind of setting your character will grow up in.
_______________________________________________________________________________________
An overview of the three different types of shift and characteristics that are typically (but not strictly) associated with those shifts.

|Draconic|
Dragons, or things with such characteristic of a dragon. Quadrupedal, large wings, horns, scaled bodies, clawed hands and feet. Some kind of 'breath' be it fire, ice, acid or what else. Typically the most cunning, charming, or smartest of the shifts.

|Dinosauric|
Dinosaurs, or things with such characteristic of a dinosaur. Bipedal, back legs longer than front legs, long tail, sharp teeth, also scaled and much faster than other shifts, typically the mischievous, playful, or lighthearted of the shifts.

|Animalistic|
Animals, or things with such characteristic of an animal. Quadrupedal, fur, claws, teeth, upright ears, ect ect. This shift type is the most versatile of them all, being a jack of all trades and sometimes hard to differentiate from the other two shifts if scales are present over fur usually but they are typically much more aggressive, mean or blatantly rude and confident than other shifts you may have. This also makes them the strongest of the three shifts you can have.

Ontop of all of this you can have your own individual abilities if the song associated with you at birth so grants those abilities, the songs will also alter the appearance of your character as well. This rp is inspired by a 'songbound' rp made by Creatornottraitor

For an example; If the song that is played to you at birth is 'Pure Imagination' (yes from willy wonka) then your character might have heavy traits of, well, imagination, seemingly impossible things or even an eye cover to make it look like they are sleeping at all times. They could have abilities that reflect this song as well, such as making drawings come to life or whatever they dream becomes reality or even be able to travel into other peoples dreams

Discussion
➤Roleplay - You are here!

Last edited by Pipsquawk on Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pipsquawk

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

➤Rules

Postby Pipsquawk » Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:05 am

𝕽𝖚𝖑𝖊𝖘
1) All Tess's Rules apply
2) I won't put any limits on abilities but just be mindful!
3) Try to keep replies thorough, don't leave someone who replied with a paragraph with a few sentances
(Disregard for this rule can and will get you kicked)
4) Try to pretty up posts a little bit, unless you are on mobile!
5) If you have a problem with another person, DM me! We can get things worked out.
6) Drama and angst is encouraged!
7) Characters from fandoms are allowed but this is not a multifandom rp exactly
8) Your character doesn't HAVE to have a shift/any abilities
9) All forms on the Discussion thread
10) You can use multiple songs for one character.
11) No two same songs can be used (without permission of the original song claimer)
12) Don't kill/severely harm other characters without permission of the character owner
I reserve all rights to add or remove rules as I see fit

Last edited by Pipsquawk on Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Pipsquawk

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

➤Ranks

Postby Pipsquawk » Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:37 am

𝕷𝖊𝖆𝖉𝖊𝖗
(Makes the 'laws' of the Isle, most trusted with choices)

Zachary Martin||25||Male||Pipsquawk

𝕾𝖊𝖈𝖔𝖓𝖉 𝕴𝖓 𝕮𝖔𝖒𝖒𝖆𝖓𝖉
(The leader will entrust this person with command if they leave/die/aren't at the central point of the isle when an important decision is made )

Tori Oliver||30||Female||piya||InfectedHau

𝕽𝖊𝖌𝖎𝖔𝖓 𝕾𝖕𝖔𝖐𝖊𝖘𝖒𝖊𝖓
(These people are the individual leaders of the Regions, there's two of each region excluding Piya.)
Sabra Whitewater||20|||| Kyro||Bronzewing
Name||Age||Occupation || Region ||Played by

𝕲𝖗𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝕳𝖊𝖆𝖑𝖊𝖗
(The healer for the Pyia region, there can be one)

Khalida Ryoko||22(?)||Female|| From Kyro||Lokison

𝕳𝖊𝖆𝖑𝖊𝖗
(Healers with known knowledge of the Isle to heal with, typically has powers associated with healing, there can be 3, one per region minus Pyia)

Bethany Andrews||21||Female|| Zestos||The Trickster~

𝕳𝖊𝖆𝖑𝖊𝖗 𝕬𝖕𝖕𝖗𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖎𝖈𝖊𝖘
(Training to become a trusted healer, there can be 6, two per region, minus Pyia typically has powers associated with healing)

Ouros Salazin||19||Male ||Zestos||KookyKooky
Rune Hassan||17||Male|| Kauto||Strawbs.

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕻𝖊𝖔𝖕𝖑𝖊 𝕺𝖋 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝕴𝖘𝖑𝖊

𝕸𝖆𝖑𝖊𝖘
𝕱𝖊𝖒𝖆𝖑𝖊𝖘

Christian Sallow||22||Bard|| Kauto||Pipsquawk
Pez Forest||21||Candy shop|| Zestos||Pipsquawk
Citrus Forest||21||Library owner|| Zestos||Pipsquawk
Sherbert Forest||21||Icecream Shop|| Zestos||Pipsquawk
Fizz Forest||21||Hired Arm||| Zestos||Pipsquawk
Kiwi Forest||20||Florist|| Zestos||Pipsquawk
Adrien Wilde||23||Baker|| Kauto||Ronin.
Aster Lunarium||21||Informant|| Kauto||Ravenshadow17
Theodore quinn||21||Blacksmith|| Zestos||Ronin.
Phillip Quinn||21||clockmaker|| Zestos||Ronin.
Dermot Quinn||21||courier|| Zestos||Ronin.
Ronan Quinn||21||bookshop owner|| Zestos||Ronin.
Huxly||22||Tailor|| Kauto||Strawbs
Evanora Tyrus||21||Baker|| Zestos||The Trickster~
Alex Alwood||16||Blacksmith App.|| Kauto||stardragonstuffs
Bellatrix Evans||19||Jeweler|| Zestos||Anne Gable
Alura Vanderee||22||Beastkeeper|| Zestos||Ravenshadow17
Cordelia Black||20||Seer|| Zestos||Trypophobia.

𝕮𝖍𝖎𝖑𝖉𝖗𝖊𝖓
(Ages 0-12)

Caspian Strand||11|| Piya||DaniCalifornia
Anthony Hicks||13|| Piya||Pipsquawk
Piper Sallow||11|| Piya ||DaniCalifornia
Anima Wynn||10|| Piya||DaniCalifornia
Nylah Sharpe||12|| Piya||Strawbs.

Raven||19|| Loners Island||stardragonstuffs
Neil Cartson||22||Theif|| Moves around||The Trickster~
Kaz Julius||23||Charlatan || Moves around||Bronzewing
Kieran Makarov||24|| Moves around||strawbs.
Ciarán Quinn||21||Pirate|| Moves around||Ronin.
Name||Age||Occupation || Song || Region ||Played by
Aksana Murkwood||21|Mercanary|| Moves around||trypophobia.
Monica Cortez||19||Vigilante|| N/A||InfectedHau

Last edited by Pipsquawk on Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:41 am, edited 39 times in total.
Pipsquawk

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

➤Relationships

Postby Pipsquawk » Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:48 am

𝕽𝖊𝖑𝖆𝖙𝖎𝖔𝖓𝖘𝖍𝖎𝖕𝖘
BG=Background character/character with no fourm

Symbol key
|He/she likes him/her
|Like each other
Dating
|Married
|He/she hates him/her
|Both hate each other
|Best friends
|I love you but I hate you
|Other
X+X=XXX|Mom+Dad=Kids
X,X,X|Siblings
Relations wrote:Rebecca Martin(BG) + Arthur Martin(BG)=Zachary Martin
Unkown+Unknown=Evanora Tyrus
Kimberly Oliver(BG) + Thomas Oliver(BG)=Tori Oliver
Tori Oliver + Trini Oliver(BG) = Adam Oliver(BG/Adoptive Son)
Unknown + Krakutz Salazin(BG) =Ouroboros Salazin
Christine Sallow(BG)+Chris Sallow(BG)=Christian Sallow
Unknown + Austin Alwood(BG)=Alexandra Alwood
Maera Strand(BG) + Fisk Strand(BG)=Caspian Strand
Martha Forest(BG) + James Forest(BG)=Pez,Kiwi,Citrus,Sherbert Forest
Pez Forest,Kiwi Forest,Citrus Forest,Sherbert Forest
Unknown + Unknown= Raven
Maria Cartson(BG) + Stephen Cartson(BG)=Delilah Cartson(BG),Neil Cartson
Delilah Cartson(BG),Neil Cartson
Kara Whitewater(BG) + Suro Whitewater(BG)=Sabra Whitewater
Rawa Julius(BG) + Sonrr Julius(BG)=Kaz Julius
Charlotte wilde(BG) + Ruben wilde(BG)= Adrien Wilde
Jules Hicks(BG) + Charlie Hicks(BG)=Anthony Hicks
Sally Andrews(BG) + Rodney Andrews(BG)=Bethany Andrews
Harriet Evans(BG) + William Evans(BG)= Anne Evans(BG),Bellatrix Evans
Philip Quinn, Theodore Quinn, Ciarán Quinn, Ronan Quinn, Dermot Quinn
Ophelia Murkwood(BG) + Lucian Murkwood(BG)=Aksana Murkwood
Issa Vanderee(BG) + Unknown= Felix(BG),Alura Vanderee
Andromeda Black(BG) + Edgar Black(BG)= Cordelia Black,Winter Black, Edmund Black(BG)
Cordelia Black,Winter Black, Edmund Black(BG)

Tori OliverTrini Oliver(BG)
Theodore Quinn Pez Forest
Irene Sallow(BG/grandma)Piper Sallow

Last edited by Pipsquawk on Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:34 am, edited 19 times in total.
Pipsquawk

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

➤The Ceremony

Postby Pipsquawk » Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:24 am

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕮𝖊𝖗𝖊𝖒𝖔𝖓𝖞
The Ceremony to be sorted comes usually when the child is ready, but theyre usually only brought in to take the ceremony in groups although but the latest a child can wait is age 12 while the earliest is age 9. In some rare cases if a child is shown to be unstable or cannot control their abilities at all, reconsideration may be made and the Ceremony can be put back the correct amount of years. When the Ceremony takes place all of the children are put into a big hall where multiple things are set up so they can demonstrate their skills, be it climbing, swinging from hanging items, throwing something incredibly far, building things, painting, you name it and its most likely there. After this they are brought in for individual assessment in which all is taken into consideration and they are assigned to a region. This ceremony essentially gives you a number on 8 different categories.

Strength;
Stealth;
Speed;
Endurance;
Agility;
Intuition;
Perception;
resourcefulness;

Using the numbers you get in this assessment you will then be brought into different areas where you are then separated to end up going to the Academy of your respective region where you will train to defend and live in said region until you turn 18, in which, you can move between regions and even attend academys of other regions if you wish to move and live there permanently.

Last edited by Pipsquawk on Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
Pipsquawk

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

➤Regions

Postby Pipsquawk » Thu Oct 22, 2020 3:55 pm

𝕽𝖊𝖌𝖎𝖔𝖓𝖘
This Isle is separated into three (technically four) regions

These three regions are called Kyro, Kauto and Zestos with a fourth 'region' being an island called Pyia. Pyia is where families with growing children live before they have had their ceremony that takes them out of Pyia and to their new region

Kyro
(cye-roe)
Kyro is a region where a lot of log cutters originate from, despite the harsh land the trees that do grow have unnaturally strong bark, Kyro is said to have some of the strongest people in the region here. Some of the dumbest,too

Kauto
(caiu-toe)
Kauto is home of the brave and the bold. Most people from Kauto have to learn to live off a very unforgiving and scarce land. People from Kauto are typically very intuitive and are quick learners. Some of the smartest people, and great leaders come from Kauto.

Zestos
(Zeh-stohs)
Zestos is said to have some of the swiftest runners- and most charming people in all of the isle. Having adapted to living mostly in the trees where the live in large treetop living spaces that are connected via hanging bridges. Many people here are very generally talented people, very skilled in fine-tuning a single craft. Great for farming and livestock.

Piya
(Pie-yah)
Piya is the home of the kings, everyone truely originates from Piya since its where every family is taken once they have begin to show signs of pregnancy, everyone here is treated with upmost respect and loyalty although the only people who truly live here are the Second in command, Head healer and the leader, since everyone else is constantly shifting in and out of the region.
𝕸𝖔𝖗𝖊 𝕯𝖊𝖙𝖆𝖎𝖑𝖘
Lake Vepo
Lake Vepo is the lake in the center of the isle, under the lake there resides a cave with an ancient magic which allows the songs to affect the children in the Isle. After you go deep enough the water simply stops, being held up by an invisible barrier that can be passed through. The leader of the Isle lives in this cave, in said cave one can communicate with deceased loved ones. Everyone on the isle receives a burial where they are placed into the lake and left overnight where the body is pulled under by the leader and Head Healer for the actual burial ceremony.

Piya Stronghold
The castle in the center of the rocky island of Piya, It's where most important ceremonies are held. The coming of age ceremony (the ceremony where kids are assessed takes place in a cave that is in the courtyard of the stronghold, its much bigger on the inside than it seem on the outside and actually has plenty of modern twists incorporated into it.

Region Capitols
The capitols are simply the places where the most people are gathered to live, people can live anywhere in their region but it's safest to live in the capitol since loners can pick off people who wonder too far so they can kill said people or rob them for goods.

Loners Retreat
Loners retreat is a small island off the north-east side of the isle, travel there is illegal unless granted a permit to do so. Loners use this island to trade stolen goods and usually are able to get their via abilities but those who aren't quite as lucky have to take a boat to get there and back.

Last edited by Pipsquawk on Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pipsquawk

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

➤Rules and Laws of the Isle

Postby Pipsquawk » Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:18 pm

𝕽𝖚𝖑𝖊𝖘 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝕷𝖆𝖜𝖘 𝖔𝖋 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝕴𝖘𝖑𝖊
➽ The leaders word is law and should not be fought against

➽ Regions are allies, not a joined unity. Battles can happen between regions but Piya MUST remain neutral, and left out of it.

➽ Region spokesmen are the leaders of their own region and control day to day life, and specific laws in the regions

➽ Region spokesmen shall not go against the Leaders word

➽ The leader of the Isle can always call a meeting with every region spokesmen when necessary

➽ Both spokesmen do not need to be present at a meeting for a decision to be made

➽ Every month on the first, a meeting will be called for all of the regions spokesmen and a select few people to meet at Piya
stronghold, This is to be sure that the people of every region are happy. The leader is there to prevent major outbreaks that could end in the destruction or overtaking of another region.

➽A respectful person will not kill in order to win a fight

➽Travel between regions ARE allowed if said person poses no threat.

➽Travel between regions is only permitted for anyone ages 18 or up. 13-17 may travel with a special permit and only with someone ages 18+

➽ Any person under the age of 18 is not allowed to fight between regions, attacking someone under the age of 18 during any sort of regional dispute is punishable by death.

➽Healers are not to be hurt or harmed in any way, and they are also not to hurt or harm in any way

➽Healers have a duty and a right to help ANYONE they find who is hurt or harm, regardless of region origin

➽ Healers cannot have intimate relationships, including healer apprentices

➽Healers/Healer Apps. can freely travel between regions with no passport or permit

➽Children under the age of 12 shouldn't knowingly use their abilities or shifts unless they are preforming in the ceremony
Last edited by Pipsquawk on Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
Pipsquawk

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

➤Rules and Laws of Individual Regions

Postby Pipsquawk » Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:23 am

𝕽𝖚𝖑𝖊𝖘 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝕷𝖆𝖜𝖘 𝖔𝖋 𝕴𝖓𝖉𝖎𝖛𝖎𝖉𝖚𝖆𝖑 𝕽𝖊𝖌𝖎𝖔𝖓𝖘
(All are subject to change based on Region Spokesmen beliefs and choices, these are basic rules! If regional spokesmen change or add a law for their region let me know so I can add it!)
𝕶𝖞𝖗𝖔
➽No one is to enter this region without a Permit/Passport
➽Known trespassers are to be attacked on sight
➽seize first, talk later
➽Major import/exports are to be taxed

𝕶𝖆𝖚𝖙𝖔
➽ Trespassers are to be calmly escorted back to their region of origin
➽ Use words over fists whenever possible

𝖅𝖊𝖘𝖙𝖔𝖘
➽ Trespassers are to be calmly escorted back over the nearest region border, 3 strike system. Third strike is punishable harshly by the fullest extent of the law
➽ killing livestock that isn't yours is poaching, punishable by death

Pipsquawk

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

➤Current weather

Postby Pipsquawk » Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:35 am

𝖂𝖊𝖆𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖗

(Simple enough, weather, time and season will be here!)

Overall Weather wrote:Overall its a lot colder than it usually is in the regions, with some experiencing snow

Season wrote:Winter✔
Spring
summer
Autumn
Time wrote:Dawn
Morning✔
Evening
Dusk

Urgent Weather!;
A blizzard is on its way to hit Zestos

Last edited by Pipsquawk on Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pipsquawk

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

➤List of used songs

Postby Pipsquawk » Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:50 am

𝕷𝖎𝖘𝖙 𝖔𝖋 𝖚𝖘𝖊𝖉 𝖘𝖔𝖓𝖌𝖘
(Song title (artist)-character/creator)
Dinosaur Warfare (Victorius)-Tori oliver/InfectedHau

O My Heart (Mother mother)-Ouros Salazin/KookyKooky

Aurora Borealis (Lemon Demon)-Evanora Tyrus/The Trickster~

Miracles Someone Special (Coldplay)-Piper Sallow/DaniCalifornia

Hard To Be The Bard (Something Rotten)-Christian Sallow/Pipsquawk

Fireflies (Owl city)-Alex Alwood/stardragonstuffs

Oceans (Coldplay)- Caspian Strand/DaniCalifornia

Sweet tooth (Scott Helman)-Pez Forest/Pipsquawk

Lemon boy (Cavetown)-Citrus Forest/Pipsquawk

Icecream (BLACKPINK) & Cotton candy skies (Esthie)-Sherbert Forest/Pipsquawk

Cake by the Ocean (DNCE) &Watermelon Sugar (Harry styles)- Kiwi Forest/Pipsquawk

Cherry Cola (Jon Kuwada)-Fizz Forest/Pipsquawk

Mayday (TheFatRat)-Raven/stardragonstuffs

Bill watterson (Lemon Demon)-Neil/The Trickster~

O Fly On (Coldplay)-Anima Wynn/DaniCalifornia

The moss (Cosmo Sheldrake)-Kaz Julius/Bronzewing

Kitchen fork (Jock Conte)-Sabra Whitewater/Bronzewing

The Anthem of Mr. Dark (The Arcadian Wild)-Adrien Wilde/Ronin.

Run Boy Run (Woodkid)- Zachary Martin/Pipsquawk

The mind Electric (Miracle Musical)-Anthony Hicks/Pipsquawk

New invention (I don't know how but they found me) & Winter (PVRIS)-Kieran Makarov/strawbs.

Buttercup (Jack Sauber)-Bethany Andrews/The Trickster~

Half alive (Creature)-rune hassan/strawbs.

Mad Iqs (I don't know how but they found me)-Nylah sharpe-/strawbs.

Who am I (The score)-Aster Lunarium/Ravenshadow17

Who wants to live forever (Queen)-Khalida Ryoko/Lokison

Ship in a bottle (Steffan Argus)- Theodore Quinn/Ronin.

Lost (Steffan Argus)- Philip Quinn/Ronin.

Leaving London (Steffan Argus)- Dermot Quinn/Ronin.

Make me cry (Steffan Argus)- Ronan Quinn/Ronin.

Abandon ship (Steffan Argus)- Ciarán Quinn/Ronin.

Rewrite the Stars (The greatest showman)- Bellatrix Evans/Anne Gable

Oh Ana (Mother Mother)- Aksana Murkwood/trypophobia.

Wolf Blood (Adrian von Ziegler)-Alura Vandere/Ravenshadow17

Big Blast Sonic (Daisuke Ishiwatari)- Judgement Valentine/InfectedHau

Blue lips (Regina Spektor)- Cordelia Black/trypophobia.

Brass Goggles (Steam Powered Giraffe)-Huxly/strawbs.

There is also a list of songs that are claimed for use on the Discussion thread check that out too before you make a character!
Last edited by Pipsquawk on Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:07 am, edited 24 times in total.
Pipsquawk

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me