☾ the hawthorne academy — o&a!

For roleplays featuring human or human-like characters which have inhuman abilities or live in an (original) fantasy world. E.g. vampires, shape-shifters, werewolves. However this category does not include roleplays based on existing fandoms such as Twilight or Harry Potter

are you interested in joining?

yes!
54%
not really
No votes
i've already joined!
46%

Total votes : 13

Re: ☾ the hawthorne academy — o&a!

Postby strawbs. » Tue Jun 02, 2020 12:50 pm

c h e o l - m i n x|x male xx vampire xx 18 yrs / 429 yrs xx senior xx tags; open x
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

despite being at the hawthorne academy for almost a year, you'd expect cheol-min to have gotten around way more than he has at this point. there were still many students he's never even mustered up a 'hello' for - students he's seen around but never bothered talking to them. yet, everything feels new everyday. every person that he passes by seems like someone he's never seen in his life even though he has. to him, new people are not too exciting for him to meet and no relationship really lasts for him as they end up being scared off in one way or another. and needless to say, he doesn't ever truly care whether they stick around or not. he's not the most charismatic and affectionate person in the world - if there's even an ounce of either of those two traits at all, they never reveal themselves. so, people leave. but now it's the new year. a new start, presumably, and a welcome party to begin that year. he wants to try harder this time, and try to understand the people around him more.

this is exactly what he thinks has he glowers at himself in the mirror. his bright ruby eyes traveled up and down at his figure, harshly judging himself in his formal attire. he wasn't used to really dressing up or looking nice - especially for another. though, he always kept a suit when he traveled, for when the time was right. he supposed that now would be that time. he didn't enjoy the look on him, to say the least; he was a more laid-back guy, rather than a formal one when it comes to fashion. and truly, the outfit was uncomfortable. he almost thought of just ripping it off and throwing it in the trash, but he decided against it, as a plan t-shirt with some pants probably wouldn't be appreciated at such an event. he huffed, clenching his jaw tightly before going back to fixing his cuffs. once he was done grooming himself, he wasted no time leaving the safety of his room and heading straight to the ballroom.

he entered the area where the party was held, stopping in his tracks as he glanced around the room with an almost predatory gaze. though, that moment was brief, as he quickly snapped out of it and stepped further into the room. another look, then the food table finally caught his eyes and he decided to go for that, because why not? he peered down at the table for a few seconds, none of it seeming really appetizing. he never enjoyed human food - in fact, it tasted quite disgusting to him. he chose to just settle on grabbing a cup and pouring himself some punch, just to try it out of curiosity. with the first drink, he scowled down at it before quickly throwing it away. after that, he huffed and then snatched a blood bag to get rid of the everlasting taste that the punch left. he took a seat at one of the tables, crossing his legs and watching as more people joined the party.
Last edited by strawbs. on Tue Jun 02, 2020 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
strawbs.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LittleWizard » Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:36 pm

Helio Quik
―――――――――――――――――
◄15 yrs/150 yrs|nonbinary|fairy|sophomore|tagged; Amara Mortimer ►

Helio entered the ballroom and slowly scanned the small crowd of people who had already arrived. This was Helio's ninth welcome party at the Hawthorne Academy, yet their excitement for this night never waned. Technically students were not supposed to be enrolled at the academy longer than the regular four years of high school. However, Helio had quickly taken a liking to the school and once they made up their mind they could not be swayed. The teachers had long since given up on trying to convince Helio to graduate. Helio loved the welcoming party as a way to start off the school year. It gave them the opportunity to meet the new students and learn who could and could not be trusted. The "after-party", once the chaperones left, was quite effective at revealing the students' true personalities. They were also never one to pass up the opportunity to cause some mischief. They'd been known to help a witch spike the punch by shifting to their fairy form to sneak by the chaperones. They had also started a fight or two by throwing a donut at someone and creating an illusion to make it look like it had been someone else. They had been caught a couple of times but could usually talk their way out of any harsh punishment.

But right now it was too early to start any real mischief. Instead, Helio headed straight toward the snack table where they grabbed the first of many donuts they would eat tonight. Despite having quite the sweet tooth, and indulging it rather frequently, Helio perfectly maintained their slim and athletic physique. Whether it was by magic or constant exercise, one was never quite sure. But it wasn't just the food they enjoyed about tonight, Helio loved getting dressed up for fancy events. They had debated dressing in the fashion of the Victorian era, a favorite of theirs, but had decided to go a more modern route. They wore a tight red bodysuit, with decorative lace along the neckline, under a classic black suit. They had in large, gold hoop earrings and around their neck a gold chain with a small, teardrop-shaped, black stone pendant. On their feet they wore a pair of black stiletto heels. As they hovered by the food table, Helio noticed Amara by the punch bowl and wandered over to her, drawn to her incredible fashion sense. They had a couple of classes with her in the past but had never really talked to her outside of class. Helio casually leaned against the table and smiled warmly at her "hey. Amara right? I love that dress. Really unique." They reached over and poured themself a cup of punch. They were about to take a sip before pausing and glancing over at the witch beside them. "I don't suppose you've already spiked the punch, have you?"
LittleWizard

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby anamarjorie » Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:05 am

Daichi Tanaka
Half-kitsune//Junior//the hawthorne ballroom//mentions:none//tags:open

Why he came to the party? Daichi was not a social person, he has no reason to be here and much less he wanted to meet up with someone, the only reason that he came to that beeping school welcome party because he wanted to be seen, oh not because the male was popular and wanted to make a good impression, in his thoughts the student was certain that someone from the staff like a teacher for example will start to annoy him because he was not social or had a friend even if he showed to them that he had the very little interest of talking. The plan was simple, stand near the door and stay at the party for a few minutes and them he is going to back to the comfort of his small room in Irvine Hall.
Talking about that place he was glad that the school knew that he wanted to live alone, of course it was expected since they only paired students with similar species unless they wanted so the chance of him being solo was high but even the sightliest chance of sharing with someone was a nightmare that luckily never happened yet and hoped that it would never will. Before deciding to come to the party he wondered if he could sleep until it was the next morning and skip the party but honestly thinking more now it would probably fail and cause more damage than harm like waking up too early or not even being able to sleep at all.
Daichi was wearing the classic duo of the black and white tuxedo and black pants which are the only formal clothing that he brought, his black hair was brushed to a presentable state and his face could to people to not mess with the kitsune unless if they wanted trouble, sighing the student followed his plan by entering the party and not even paying attention to anything he leaned to the nearest wall and stood there in silence, not bothering to eat anything or drink.
anamarjorie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

poppy ── 01

Postby landogate » Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:10 pm

POPPY `BAKKER
i. eighteen/two-seventy-seven, cisfem, senior ii. vampire iii. loc ─ ballroom iv. tags ─ cheol-min v. mentions ─ n/a

xxxxthe finality of the last hawthorne ball was getting to poppy somewhat. not one for over emotional performances when she was alone (she'd rather do that in front of a crowd), poppy was getting sentimental at all her years spent in the hallowed halls of hawthorne academy. if it were her last opening ball, then she'd enjoy it, and try to keep out of way of drama and scandal, but then again, it was drawn to poppy like moths to a light. though her window in her dorm was blacked out with curtains, she could tell the weather would not be the most pleasant.

xxxxas her thoughts kept on coming, poppy's brain went onto auto-pilot. she finished curling her hair, touched up her powder and lipstick and kept looking over her body and dress. a perk of vampirism in her eyes was keeping her figure. tonight she certainly didn't waste a penny, as she was dripping in a velvety emerald dress that fanned out at her feet. now in a more focused mindset poppy huffed, a curl flying upwards. if the dress had been that long at the front she never would have bought it! "can't even see my shoes." her scowl was prominent as she exited her bathroom, spitting her gum into the bin by the door on the way. for a vampire, poppy sure did have a lot of mirrors. it was just something she'd inherited from her mortal life she supposed. irregardless she did another short look over, grabbed her pre-packaged purse to match her dress and she was on her way.

xxxxupon her arrival at the ball she noticed newcomers, either dressed to the nines or in typical house party garb. it was to be expected, she supposed. glancing around the decorated ballroom, poppy took notice of the room's contents now more fuller. tables were pushed up against the walls which left ample room for socializing and dancing, punchbowls scattered most tables and none yet seemed too popular. finger food was being passed around slowly as the room filled, other students eager to get the party started. in long strides across the room poppy found herself in the presence of another senior, a vampire too. on her way she filled her cup with swirling punch. lets hope it's not a love potion, she thought. she could stomach mortal drinks, but not so much the dense food humans ate. a sip of punch would be enough to suffice her appetite until she craved blood. as she approached cheol-min, she saw him swing back punch, before a revolted face came up. "not what you'd intended?" she asked with a sly, small smirk. "do you mind if i sit?" poppy asked, almost halfway down to the chair, she was not one to wait for an answer.
landogate

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

roman ── 01

Postby landogate » Mon Jun 08, 2020 12:00 pm

ROMAN ``KING
i. seventeen, cismale, junior ii. werewolf iii. loc ─ kitchen iv. tags ─ open v. mentions ─ n/a

xxxxwhen roman had reclined down onto his bed early in the afternoon after he'd finished unpacking his room again, he only intended for it to be for maybe an hour tops. when he heard the dorm room door shut he sprang up, grasping at the air and his bed. disoriented, roman fell to the floor with a thud and swore harshly. he gathered himself and made his way to the bathroom, rubbing his back. from the open door, he could see his suit hanging peacefully in the reflection of the bathroom mirror. he fixed and slicked back his hair the best he could and washed his face. now alone in the dorm, he made faces and poses in the mirror, with and without the suit.

xxxxin regular roman fashion, the suit was cheeky, and played at the dress code for the party. the inner lining was a plan black silk, but the exterior was a blue checkered pattern, from afar it seemed to be blue tartan or a flannel. he sat down on the closed toilet seat and slid his socks on, they too could break the dress code, decorated with little cartoon werewolves. his dress shoes, much like the lining of his jacket were plan black and semi-shiny.

xxxxa quick glance up at the clock beside his bed made roman move faster. was he already late? yes. was he now going to be even later? yes. one last look in the mirror and roman noticed his pants didn't quite fit the way they were supposed to. the last time he'd worn this suit his pants were too long and they'd been needed to be cuffed, but now uncuffed, they were only a little bit short. he sighed and made his final adjustments before he departed the dorm. the young wolf speed walked through the hallways and corridors of hawthorne academy, seeming like a madman. when he finally did reach the decorated ballroom, the first thing roman did was beeline for the kitchen. napping in the middle of the day really did work up an appetite.
landogate

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Resplendent » Mon Jun 08, 2020 1:18 pm

Millie Runia
sophomore ~ 16 ~ witch ~ location: hawthorne ballroom ~ tags: open

Millie watched as more and more people entered the ballroom, the chatter becoming louder as the room became more crowded. She let out a sigh and stood up, leaving her things to signify the table was taken. She would probably grab an entree from the kitchen sometime later, but for now she was feeling like having an appetizer to get things started. Millie wandered over to where the punch bowl was, avoiding the center of the room, and stared at the purple liquid for a moment. The hue was oddly brilliant, and it reflected in such a way that it looked like it was sparkling. Millie grabbed a plastic cup and used the ladle to pour herself some of the punch, moving off to the side to let anyone behind her have a turn. The witch leaned against the wall, slowly sipping the punch. The flavor was quite strange, like kombucha but not carbonated.
Resplendent

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby strawbs. » Mon Jun 08, 2020 4:02 pm

c h e o l - m i n x|x male xx vampire xx 18 yrs / 429 yrs xx senior xx tags; poppy bakker x
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

cheol-min's body was as still as a statue, only his eyes moving to trace over the students that entered the room one by one and observing them from afar. he certainly wasn't used to dealing with crowds, only typically hanging around very few people at a time. he stared down at his blood bag as he grew incredibly bored incredibly fast - and he remembered why he wasn't a people person. he didn't fit in, he couldn't even act natural if he tried. he looked up from his drink when he heard a voice. it was poppy bakker, another senior, and, if he wasn't mistaken, a vampire as well. cheol-min allowed a brief chuckle to escape him at what she said concerning him and the punch, "well, i was curious. i don't understand how mortals can stand such things." his expression quickly changing to an emotionless one as he watched her move to take a seat at the table he was at, "go ahead. are you enjoying yourself?" he asked shortly after, leaning forward and awaiting her answer.
strawbs.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me