☾ the hawthorne academy — o&a!

For roleplays featuring human or human-like characters which have inhuman abilities or live in an (original) fantasy world. E.g. vampires, shape-shifters, werewolves. However this category does not include roleplays based on existing fandoms such as Twilight or Harry Potter

are you interested in joining?

yes!
54%
not really
No votes
i've already joined!
46%

Total votes : 13

☾ the hawthorne academy — o&a!

Postby spider. » Sun May 17, 2020 6:07 am

THE HAWTHORNE ACADEMY

high school. it isn't exactly the easiest time in a young person's life,
and being a creature of the night doesn't make it any easier. but
fortunately, there's a place for teenagers who have strange powers -
teenagers who turn into creatures under the light of a full moon, or
kids whose reflections seem to disappear, and everything in between.

the hawthorne academy was established centuries ago by, surprisingly
enough, a human couple. their son had been bitten by a vampire and
turned into one, and became a town outcast. so the hawthornes
moved to the middle of nowhere, built a huge mansion, and created
a safe place for him to live.

as time went on, more and more supernaturals started to learn about
this academy and migrated there from all over the country, hoping to
find somewhere safe where they could learn, grow, and meet others
just like them. the school's campus grew into much more than the
original mansion, and now has multiple buildings, dormitory halls,
and fields for sports.

it's now the fall season of the school's 200th year. more students
attend the school than ever, and they're all looking forward to a
year of celebration and learning at the hawthorne academy.
Last edited by spider. on Mon May 18, 2020 10:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
spider.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

☾ information

Postby spider. » Sun May 17, 2020 6:21 am

—RP RULES & INFORMATION
    ➸this takes place in fall 2019, so the school was
    established in the early 1800s. but most of the
    older students joined after 1850.
    ➸please write at least two or three lines per post
    ➸don't do that thing where you only make your
    characters interact with potential love interests
    it's annoying hfdaskjlksj
    ➸all of the basic rp rules apply here
    ➸the password is your character's favorite color
    ➸diversity!!! i fully encourage you to incorporate
    different races, cultures, sexualities, and more into
    your characters!! but don't go over the top with
    making your characters "quirky" or whatever lol
    ➸keep all non-roleplaying posts on the discussion
    thread
    . also, please don't attach your
    signature if it's big or has any images.
    ➸by all means create drama between characters!
    but don't fight anyone ooc because i will immediately
    remove you from the rp.
    ➸pm me if you have any questions at any time!
    ➸have fun!!! this is a mandatory rule.
—HAWTHORNE RULES
pssssh who follows these anyway
➸all students are high school age, or about fifteen to
eighteen years old, give or take. this excludes
vampires and other immortals, of course.
➸students may not under any circumstances use their
powers or abilities outside of the classroom unless
given explicit permission by a teacher.
➸no bullying or discrimination of any kind will be
tolerated.
➸if a student is found fraternizing with someone
outside the school who has evil motives, they may
be removed from the school.
➸if a student is found conspiring to wreak havoc
on the school or in general, they will be subject
to rehabilitation in the school's detention center.
➸male and female students may not be in the other
gender's dormitory rooms.
➸no humans are allowed on campus. ever.
➸students are expected to attend all of their classes.
➸smoking, alcohol, and drug use will not be permitted.
➸if a student fails to follow these rules, they will be
subject to detention and a meeting with the school
and/or faculty honor board.
Last edited by spider. on Sun May 17, 2020 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
spider.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

☾ students

Postby spider. » Sun May 17, 2020 7:33 am

reminder that all forms should be posted on the discussion thread

guinivere paulsen | 17 | werewolf | spider.
    dimitri lowell | 17/307 | witch-vampire hybrid | spider.
    seraphina "sera" luca | 17 | banshee | spider.
    roman king | 17 | werewolf | serpentis
    amara mortimer | 17 | witch | Consulting_Angel
    poppy bakker | 18/227 | vampire | serpentis
    renei coleman | 17 | siren | serpentis
    helio "lei" quik | 15/150 | fairy | LittleWizard
    park cheol-min | 18/429 | vampire | strawbs.
    azalea richards | 17 | nymph/dryad | ʙʟᴏssᴏᴍ

name | age | species | user
orion noble | 17 | werewolf | spider.
amelia hearst-hawthorne | 17 | witch-werewolf hybrid | spider.
daichi tanaka | 17 | half-kitsune | anamarjorie
jennifer lee | 18 | witch | sunchild
blaise winchester | 17/132 | vampire | Consulting_Angel
rhett kendrick | 18 | werecat | Consulting_Angel
camilla "millie" runia | 16 | witch | Resplendent
gwen tyler | 15/17 | zombie | InfectedHau
noah wild | 18/190 | vampire-werewolf hybrid | A Shy Turtle

name | age | species | user

x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x

ROOMMATES

roommates will be randomly assigned based on the character's species.
if they're the only student of their species, then they'll automatically
be placed into a single room until another one of their species enrolls.
however, you can pm me if you want to request a specific roommate
regardless of species.
any type of were-species can room together, and hybrids can room
with someone who is just one of their species. these assignments
are subject to change.

amelia hearst-hawthorne — algernon hall (single room)
          seraphina "sera" luca — coldwell hall (single room until another banshee enrolls)
          dimitri lowell — algernon hall (single room)
          orion noble && rhett kendrick — algernon hall (double room)
          guinivere paulsen — coldwell hall (single room until another werewolf enrolls)
          daichi tanaka — irvine hall (single room until another kitsune enrolls or he requests otherwise)
          park cheol-min && roman king — algernon hall (double room)
          jennifer lee && camilla "millie" runia — algernon hall (double room)
          amara mortimer — coldwell hall (single room until another witch enrolls or she requests otherwise)
          blaise winchester && noah wild — irvine hall (double room)
          poppy bakker — algernon hall (single room until another vampire enrolls or she requests otherwise)
          renei coleman — algernon hall (single room until another siren enrolls or she requests otherwise)
          gwen tyler — coldwell hall (single room until another zombie enrolls or she requests otherwise)
          helio "lei" quik — algernon hall (single room until another fairy enrolls or they request otherwise)
          azalea richards — coldwell hall (single room until another dryad enrolls or she requests otherwise)
Last edited by spider. on Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:07 am, edited 5 times in total.
spider.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

☾ the campus

Postby spider. » Sun May 17, 2020 1:59 pm

THE HAWTHORNE BUILDING
      though this building was once the only building on campus, now it doesn't even
      have any classes taught there. now, it mostly serves as a gathering place for
      parties, assemblies, and, in rare cases, a place to hide when the school is
      getting attacked by outside forces. while only the large main ballroom is used
      for parties and gatherings, there is also a kitchen and small dining area as well
      as numerous rooms where students can sneak away to.

THE CLOCKTOWER
      this building is one of the oldest buildings on campus. many core classes are
      taught in this building, such as history, languages, mathematics, and more.
      at the top of this building is a room that only the headmaster can get into.
      it's rumored that valuable spellbooks and potions are kept up there, but
      nobody knows.

COLDWELL HALL
      named after an old friend of the hawthorne family, coldwell hall is the all-
      female residency hall. students can choose to live in a single room or a
      double room with one other student. if a student wants to live in a double,
      they can either choose their roommate or let the school assign them.
      the school will never assign two students who are different creatures
      to the same room unless they were requested.

IRVINE HALL
      named after an old friend of the hawthorne family, irvine hall is the all-
      male residency hall. students can choose to live in a single room or a

ALGERNON HALL
      named after an old friend of the hawthorne family, algernon hall is the co-ed
      residency hall. students can choose to live in a single room or a

REYES HALL
      reyes hall is the main dining hall on campus. the students love it because
      it looks just ike something out of harry potter. since it's magical, it has
      practically any food the students could dream of, and the brownies are
      to die for.

more locations tba...
Last edited by spider. on Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.
spider.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

☾ status

Postby spider. » Fri May 22, 2020 6:41 am

this rp is now OPEN !

CAMPUS HAPPENINGS
      - today is friday, august 9, 2019
      - the weather is cloudy, but still sunny
      - move-ins finished a few hours ago
      - all students have been requested to attend a
      welcome party at the hawthorne building to
      ring in the new school year!
spider.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

☾ the welcome party

Postby spider. » Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:50 pm

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐄 𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐘
    the hawthorne building | main ballroom

Returning students to the Hawthorne Academy often joked that the only reason they kept coming back year after year instead of just going off into the real world before graduation was the parties thrown at the school. This, surprisingly enough, held some truth to it. Whether thrown by staff or students, celebrations at Hawthorne were rumored to be wild, but of course nobody could experience them until they stepped onto campus as a student. The Welcome Party, thrown on the first Friday night of the school year, was an annual tradition at Hawthorne, and a student's first one—regardless of their grade—was like a rite of passage. Each party seemed to bring more drama and chaos than the last, and since it was the school's two-hundredth year in operation, it had spared no expense in making sure this party in particular was perfect.

Though clouds blocked out the sun that evening, turning the sky a murky gray color, bright white light filtered in through the enchanted windows in the main ballroom of the Hawthorne building, making every gold embellishment on the walls sparkle. The glass chandeliers hanging from the ceiling twinkled in the light, but they wouldn't turn on until the "sun" went down in a few hours. Tables pushed against the wall held all sorts of snacks for the students, ranging from grapes to donuts to bags of blood substitute (for the vampires, of course), and they'd magically refill themselves whenever they were running low. Of course, if anyone was looking for real food, like pizza, burgers, or anything a little more filling, they could head to the kitchen and order whatever they wanted. There were also a few bowls of punch placed around the room. Witches were known to spike them with love potions or even animosity potions to make the party a little more interesting, but honestly, the punch tasted great without any help from the spellcasters.

But the majority of the ballroom was totally open, prepared to receive at least a hundred socializing students that night. Whether they would want to spend the evening by chatting away with new friends or by dancing to the music that blasted from concealed speakers, there was more than enough space for the students to do as they pleased. Students were encouraged to wear their finest, most formal outfits to the party as reminders of the extravagant balls and parties held when the school was new in the early 19th century.

It was about six o'clock, according to the large clock on the wall. The students were set to arrive at any moment now. Teachers were positioned around the room as chaperones, watching and making sure no student used their powers or abilities. It was against the Hawthorne rules, after all. The party was scheduled to end at nine, which was when all of the chaperones would leave. But the party never actually ended then. It would only begin. But that was three hours from now. Three whole hours during which all of the new and old students could get acquainted with each other. Three whole hours during which the mood for the entire night would be set. When the chaperones left, leaving all of the students in the Hawthorne ballroom, would fights erupt, or would newfound best friends and soulmates dance the night away? Would the werewolves and vampires fight like their ancestors always did, or would they watch witches create beautiful illusions of fireworks around the room together? Not even a powerful diviner could predict exactly how the Hawthorne Welcome Party would turn out. Only time would tell.

// this do be kinda long lol ur reply doesn't have to be more than a paragraph unless you want it to be haha
spider.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

☾ one

Postby spider. » Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:51 pm

𝐀𝐌𝐄𝐋𝐈𝐀 𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐒𝐓-𝐇𝐀𝐖𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐑𝐍𝐄
    witch-werewolf hybrid | junior | the hawthorne ballroom | tags ; open

Technically speaking, Amelia had attended over a dozen Welcome Parties, but this was only her third at which she was a guest. She wasn't particularly fond of the parties, especially after watching quite a few of them go up in flames as a result of old feuds between species. But she was a Hawthorne. She was expected at the parties whether she liked it or not. The doors to the ballroom from the outside were open, and she stepped inside, taking in the sights the room had to offer. This year, it seemed that the decorating committee had opted for a purple theme, adorning various tables around the room with deep violet tablecloths and hanging purple tapestries and curtains on the walls. Even the punch was purple, and Amelia swore it was twinkling. Had another witch already poured a love potion inside? No... she was the very first person in there.

"Great," she huffed, slowly walking towards the middle of the ballroom until she was standing directly below one of the grand chandeliers hanging from the ceiling. She looked up, staring at its crystals, wondering what would happen if it crashed to the ground and fell on top of her. Probably nothing. She'd heal. But it would sure make for a fun night.

Movement in the periphery of her vision caught her eye, and she quickly turned her head to see her parents talking to some of the other teacher chaperones. She nearly rolled her eyes. They'd promised that they wouldn't come to the party and embarrass her! Oh, well. It wasn't like people would have talked to her, anyway. She wasn't one for partying. She only attended this stupid thing because she liked to sit back and watch the drama as it unfolded. But people would be coming in any moment now. She found herself retreating to the wall of the ballroom, pouring herself a glass of the sparkling punch and sipping it as she crossed her free arm over her chest, feeling suddenly vulnerable in her long, black gown.

𝐎𝐑𝐈𝐎𝐍 𝐍𝐎𝐁𝐋𝐄
    werewolf | junior | the hawthorne building kitchen | tags ; open

If there was one thing that Orion had learned in his past few years at the Hawthorne Academy, it wasn't how to control his werewolf abilities under a full moon, or how to heal wounds from a silver bullet, or even how to differentiate an equation. No, the most important thing Orion had learned was that every great Hawthorne Welcome Party started in the kitchen, where he could gorge on however much food he wanted before going out to the ballroom and talking to all the friends he'd made during his freshman and sophomore years at the school. Right now, he was at the counter in the kitchen, waiting for a cook to hand him a plate with a burger or two and a tall stack of greasy French fries. Because when in a classy, expensive suit, the most logical thing to do was to order the nastiest, messiest, unhealthiest food one could eat.

He'd already been sipping on a chocolate milkshake for the past few minutes while he was waiting for his food. A few other students were also waiting on their orders, but Orion didn't really know any of them. He mostly stuck to talking to his werewolf pack and the other guys on the football team, but tonight would probably be an exception. Still, until he got his burger and fries, he wasn't talking to anybody. Food came first, even at one of the biggest parties of the year.

𝐒𝐄𝐑𝐀𝐏𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐀 𝐋𝐔𝐂𝐀
    banshee | junior | the hawthorne building foyer | tags ; open

A party! Sera had been waiting for some reminder of her prosperous public high school life, and it had finally arrived in the form of whatever this gala was. She had no idea what she was supposed to expect—she'd been hoping for some weird psychic dream that would tell her what was going to happen tonight, but her powers clearly didn't work that way, much to her displeasure. The only thing she knew was that the event started at six, which was approximately... now. Right now. But it didn't seem like much of a party yet. She knew she should have waited and shown up fashionably late!

She strolled over to a full-length mirror and smoothed out her light pink high-low dress—some designer number that she'd gotten tailored for her a few months ago when her life was still normal. It was supposed to be for homecoming or something, but since that wasn't exactly in the cards for her anymore, this party would have to do. She'd worn her some of most expensive jewelry for the occasion, including multiple rings, a golden necklace with a lightning bolt charm on it, and a thin bracelet. Her platinum blonde hair fell in effortlessly perfect waves. She was sure to turn heads at this party. People would know who she was, just like they did at her old school.

But for now, she just had to wait a few minutes until the party really started.
spider.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ☾ the hawthorne academy — o&a!

Postby InfectedHau » Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:46 pm

Gwen Tyler||Zombie||Senior||Hawthorne ballroom||Tagged: Open
    Another year, another party. Gwen supposed she should have been excited, but there was a faint niggle in the back of her undead mind that made it hard to fully enjoy the thing. This was going to be her final year of high school, and the question of what came after weighed heavy on her. Did she just go back into the real world? Go to normal college, get a normal degree? What job opportunties were there for a zombie? Extra in a movie? How was she going to eat? Maybe she should get a job in a morgue, that was what most zombies in her position did, at least in the movies. Not exactly the most illustrious position, but she supposed it paid the bills and kept her fed.

The Zombie stepped through the open ballroom doors, one hand holding her bag, the other fiddling with one of the staples in her arm. It wasn't something she needed, her body held together fairly well for being two years dead, but she liked the way they looked. Really gave her those Frankenstein's Monster vibes. Granted, he wasn't really a zombie, he was techncially a flesh golem, but most people didn't know what those were, and they weren't anywhere near as intelligent as the book made them out to be. Her mom had a few that helped out around the house, they were basically robots but squishy. It was a good look either way, and it was way cheaper than actual piercings.

Caught up in her internal musings, Gwen shambled aimlessly around the ballroom, her eyes roaming aimlessly across the decor. Her outfit matched her DIY body mods, black platform boots underneath a long, slinky white dress. She'd thought about bleaching a streak of her hair white, but she felt like that was leaning into the bit too much.
InfectedHau

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Consulting_Angel » Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:35 am

Blaise Winchester
Junior|Male|Vampire
Tagged: Open
Blaise glanced around the ballroom, idly adjusting the tie of his suit. It wasn't the fanciest of suits, but it was certainly formal enough. It was certainly enough to blend in with the crowd... not that many people really noticed him anyway, which he didn't mind at all, of course. He also wore a black leather cuff on his left wrist, underneath the sleeve of his blazer. There were already several other students that had arrived, and he knew that there would be many more to come. Sticking to the edge of the room, just to observe as he usually did, rather admiring the outfits the other students were wearing. Aside from the fact that he wanted to try and blend in, Blaise knew the only other reason that he didn't bother looking for a more flashier, unique outfit was because he didn't want to spend a lot of money on something that he wouldn't wear more than a few times. Even since before he'd started attending Hawthorne Academy, this was the suit he'd wear, occasionally re-tailored whenever it needed to be, and looking just as pristine as the first time he'd worn it.

Anyway, Blaise glanced around as he stood there, somewhat in the shadows. He only needed to stick this out for three hours, until nine, and then he'd be able to leave. Sure, he knew pretty much every student stayed after the teachers chaperoning left, but it meant that he would miss the chaos and drama that inevitably happened, and then he'd hear about it for the next week from other students. It was not something that he wanted to get involved with, and had successfully managed to miss it the past two years, and he intended to do so for this and next year.

Amara Mortimer
Junior|Female|Witch
Amara quite literally rolled up to the Hawthorne Ballroom, rather looking forward to the Welcoming Party. She'd spent much of the summer teaching the skeletons of a troupe of six squirrels a new dance - a fancy cabaret number that she'd even made tiny top hats and canes for them to wear - that she was certain to have the troupe perform after nine, after the teacher chaperones had left. She wore a black and purple dress that had a gothic-y, Medieval-style look to it, a gothic choker made of black crystals, and several black, silver and purple rings. Around the spokes of her wheelchair, she'd wrapped a couple of strings of purple fairy lights that were glowing brightly. Perhaps it was a little 'extra', but it was something that suited her style, and after doing this kind of thing the previous two years for most of the parties and dances that were hosted, it wasn't unexpected from her. Besides, Amara didn't care what other people would think.

Glancing around the room, Amara wondered where in the ballroom she should go first. Perhaps approach someone that had already arrived? Maybe get some food? Move herself over to the dance floor? She had a few options, she wasn't too sure what to go for first. Well. Maybe some food. She hadn't eaten all day.
Going over to the food tables, Amara cast her eye over what was available. Her eye caught the punch... perhaps she should take advantage of the fact that there weren't many people, and that the punch likely wasn't going to be spiked, and have some now before it inevitably did get spiked.

Rhett Kendrick
Senior|Male|Werecat
Rhett walked into the ballroom, a scowl on his face, and a determination to leave some sort of impression. Even if not right now, and later, when things got more chaotic, wild and dramatic. This would be his last Welcoming Party, so he considered leaving an impression this time around a must. His first, more passive way, was his outfit. While it was technically in-line with being 'black tie', with his formal suit trousers, a deep purple waistcoat and tie, and a pristine white shirt, rather than wearing a formal jacket or blazer, he wore what he considered to be a 'formal leather jacket'. It was certainly nicer-looking than his usual leather jackets. He also sported something else new - a helix piercing in the upper cartilage of his left ear, and claw-looking earcuff with a thin, tiny chain hanging from it.

Rhett carefully avoided making eye contact with any of the teachers for the time being, deciding to wait until there were more students to form a decent enough crowd to hide in whenever he did end up annoying them. He did rather hope to find someone to cause trouble with as well. He hated being around other people usually, and was known to be cold and unfriendly, but he'd be willing to temporarily call a 'truce' of sorts, if it meant stirring something up. He was serious about making an impression tonight, and if he had to recruit the assistance of someone, then so be it. No one really caught his eye as a possible candidate just yet, so he figured that he'd just wait to see who else was going to be arriving soon.
Consulting_Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Resplendent » Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:21 am

Millie Runia
sophomore ~ 16 ~ witch ~ location: hawthorne ballroom ~ tags: open (jennie lee mentioned)

Millie grumbled as the young witch made her way to the Hawthorne Building. She wasn't a fan of parties, but given that she hadn't anything else to do, she decided to attend anyway. Millie had moved her things into her new room just a few hours ago. Her room was a double that she was allegedly going to share with another witch by the name of Jennie Lee. Jennie hadn't been in the room when Millie moved in her things, so she hadn't met her yet, but the school told her that her new roommate was a senior and had been attending for the entirety of her high school career. Millie would have preferred to live in a room by herself, it would mean more room for her countless printed photos that she taped up on the wall, but she figured the school would put her with someone as means of encouraging her to get acquainted with her new peers.

Dressed in a knee-length floral dress, complete with her favorite black sunhat and high heel sandals, Millie blinked at the large double doors that lead into the Hawthorne building. Her outfit wasn't the most fanciest thing to wear, but it was the closest thing to formal-wear she brought to the Academy. Shoes clacking on the concrete beneath her, Millie climbed up the steps and grabbed hold of the door handle, turning it and pushing it open. The interior was elaborate and vintage, indicative of the school's rich history. The doors that lead into its massive ballroom were wide open. As she stepped in, Millie could see numerous people scattered throughout, chatter filling her ears. At that moment, it was the first time Millie had ever seen others her own kind. Besides her parents, of course, but they didn't count.

Taking a few steps forward, Millie took a moment to examine the ballroom. It was much larger than she imagined, which she was thankful for. It meant that it would be easy to stay toward the wall and away from the crowd that would eventually gather in the center. Setting her things on an empty table, Millie sat down and glanced toward the entrance, waiting for more new faces to enter.
Last edited by Resplendent on Tue Jun 02, 2020 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Resplendent

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me