Exploration Initiate | Open

For roleplays featuring human or human-like characters which have inhuman abilities or live in an (original) fantasy world. E.g. vampires, shape-shifters, werewolves. However this category does not include roleplays based on existing fandoms such as Twilight or Harry Potter

Exploration Initiate | Open

Postby jj735 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:17 pm

Humans are story-telling animals. We thrive on excitement, the hope that maybe one day, we will be able to make a journey noone ever has before... the trouble lies in getting back.
Space exploration is a day to day happening nowadays, always ships leaving and returning - many scientific discoveries have been made. There is a planet that's colonised, and aliens from this planet have been travelling back and forth, creating alien-human hybrids. One problem, though - the hybrids have proven that some can be dangerous. InitiateX (IX) is a space programme that is sending a space travel group consisting of teenage humans, aliens and hybrids, along with their commander, Theodore Mersic aboard the Romain, a new spacecraft. Their intention - being the first humans to make the journey to the planet, and after finding this planet, sorting things out, and returning to share what they saw, what happened.

Note: Although this RP is set in the far future, the only things that have really advanced are mainly the connections with other beings ans space-travel technology.
Role players can be anyone they wish, from people aboard the spaceship - head engineers to janitors - friends and family at home, aliens, hybrids, whatever, as long as they aren't too similar to the other characters in the roleplay - in this forum we will build on ideas, not shut them down - the 'yes, and' policy applies here, so basically just add to what others have said. :D

About rules - I really don't like to be strict but there are some obvious rules that writers must adhere to.

1 - All TESS’s Rules Apply, you know the drill
2 - Posts must be two sentences or longer, not whole narratives, but a decent amount of writing please
3 - No excessive swearing please. Bad language is not necessary! :silent: :clap:
4 - If you have multiple characters, please try to avoid long spaces of dialogue between your characters so others can add. :thumbup:
5 - I understand there are some people that are naturally talented in many areas, but please give characters a few weaknesses! :)
Last edited by jj735 on Mon Apr 20, 2020 3:04 pm, edited 10 times in total.
When nothing goes right, go left.

x
"ɪ ʙᴇʟɪᴇᴠᴇ ɪɴ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴜɴᴛɪʟ ɪᴛ'ꜱ ᴅɪꜱᴘʀᴏᴠᴇᴅ. ꜱᴏ ɪ ʙᴇʟɪᴇᴠᴇ
ɪɴ ꜰᴀɪʀɪᴇꜱ, ᴛʜᴇ ᴍʏᴛʜꜱ, ᴅʀᴀɢᴏɴꜱ - ɪᴛ ᴀʟʟ ᴇxɪꜱᴛꜱ, ᴇᴠᴇɴ
ɪꜰ ɪᴛ'ꜱ ɪɴ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴍɪɴᴅ. ᴡʜᴏ'ꜱ ᴛᴏ ꜱᴀʏ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍꜱ ᴀɴᴅ
ɴɪɢʜᴛᴍᴀʀᴇꜱ ᴀʀᴇɴ'ᴛ ᴀꜱ ʀᴇᴀʟ ᴀꜱ ᴛʜᴇ ʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ɴᴏᴡ?”
jj735

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Discussion Thread

Postby jj735 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:45 pm

To submit forms, please go to the Discussion thread

When writing from a character's perspective please copy their information below in at the top of your post:
(if you're tagging someone, just add that on in the RPer section lol :D )

Characters

Adyya Gwylan|18|alien|security aboard Romain|pansexual|single|brokenwisdom|
Alahi Kalawai'a|16|hybrid: Language fluency|translator aboard Romain|pansexual|single|brokenwisdom|
Arynn Poole|18|human|cartographer aboard Romain|pansexual|single|honeybee.|
Clark Kent|16|powerful hybrid|pansexual|single|Uma Hook|
Milo Haydn|17|human|engineer aboard Romain|pansexual|crush: Skye|jj735|
Rennie Haydn|12|hybrid: Clairvoyance, Omniscience|computer aboard Romain|heterosexual|single|jj735|
Skye|16|hybrid: Vibration Manipulation|technician aboard Romain|pansexual|crush: Milo|Uma Hook|
Coven Rose-shadow|21|hybrid: inhuman strength|works aboard Romain|bisexual|Empress Coven
Marie D' Ancanto, Rogue|18|hybrid: poisonous skin|works for IX|bisexual|Uma Hook|
Lincoln|16|hybrid: Electromagnetism Manipulation|works aboard Romain|bisexual|Uma Hook
Clint Barton|19|human|works aboard|assassin|bisexual|Uma Hook

Last edited by jj735 on Sat May 30, 2020 7:56 pm, edited 23 times in total.
jj735

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Exploration Initiate | Open

Postby jj735 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:03 pm

Milo Haydn|17|human|engineer aboard Romain|bisexual|single|jj735|
Milo peered around unsteadily, not sure what to expect. After the failed attempt at a mission test in February, nobody was too happy with the engineer's work, especially since the accident had been mainly his fault. Sighing, Milo eased himself into an uncomfortable office chair and began to run every possible scenario that could occur in the next 5 minutes through his mind. Suddenly, he found himself fretting a new level - what if he was released? Since he had joined IX, and every day up until this one, the space programme had been his life. It wasn't like Theodore would just remove him from the mission..was it? Before now, there had been a couple earlier slip-ups, but nothing this big!

Milo was good at his job, he needed to be on that ship - Rennie would have nobody to look out for him if Milo wasn't on the Romain. Being a mechanical engineer aboard the Romain was not an easy job, though he seemed to be the only one that made mistakes from time to time...to time. The accident on the first mission trial had been entirely his fault - nobody else had been tempering with the ship's works that morning other than him. The young man was so excited to witness the first drill of the ship that he shut a valve off, leaving a live wire - an entire wing of the ship was destroyed after it sparked.

Vigorously shaking his head try to rid himself of the memory, Milo decided he had remained seated in the little plastic chair for as long as possible,cursing the darn thing as he tried standing back up. Who should show up at this moment but the boss himself, tutting and shaking his head. Apparently, Milo hadn't changed too much since the last 'mission'. "Milo Haydn rep-p-orting to the quarters, sir." Milo said quietly, hanging his head. Mersic's words almost washed right over him. Almost. "Next week?!"

Rennie Haydn|12|alien-human hybrid|computer aboard Romain|heterosexual|single|jj735|
Rennie had bothered waiting around for his brother, he wasn't so sure why now. Sibling love? Probably not - more like excitement. The boy wished he could step inside this building too, however, he had not been granted clearance yet, he didn't actually need to be there, and Milo had told him strictly to stay here, about parallel with the door. Anyone else that came in would see a young boy, looking so innocent and small that he couldn't possibly mean to be here. No normal child would choose to come to the IX quarters. What these people may have failed to recognise was that Rennie was not your average 12-year-old, that was a fact.

Younger than the River Birch his petite figure leaned against, this boy was the 1st human under 14 to join the IX program, working as a computer, a communicator - Rennie had a way with words, and was exceptionally good at understating and speaking to the aliens. Why, he wore that title like a blazing medal that hung from his neck. His brother, Milo, had been part of the program for a couple of years now, and had made many a mistake in his time - that's how Commander Mersic might put it, but with Rennie's extensive knowledge of vocabulary, he may describe his brother as being 'a screw-up'.

Luckily, Mersic believed in second chances, at least, that's was the impression Rennie got from the man when he first met him. That was possibly the reason I was hired, he thought. The man had seemed to hint it when he spoke to the boy. Milo was the first chance, I am the second. As if on cue, the 1st chance appeared beside Rennie, spewing a stream of information. Rennie looked a little closer at his older brother, his emerald-grey eyes stressing two points - Milo had not been sacked, and the (second) 1st test mission for the Romain was...next week?!
Last edited by jj735 on Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:46 pm, edited 5 times in total.

x
jj735

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby jj735 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:44 pm

Rennie Haydn|12|alien-human hybrid|computer aboard Romain|heterosexual|single|jj735|
Distancing himself from his ranting brother, Rennie saw a small stone that was hardly a stone - more of a pebble, and took to kicking it along the footpath. After it's third shove from his combat boots, the petite object rebounded off of a brown leather Oxford Shoe, not belonging to him or his brother. Rennie glanced up and...kept going up, until his eyes met those of the giant standing across from him. Ok, the guy wasn't a giant, just considerably taller than Rennie, which, as Milo frequently pointed out, wasn't that much of an achievement - the boy was short as a primary kid. Rennie's constant stream of thoughts slowed to a halt as he studied the individual's face. Somehow, he could only see half, half of the man's mind. He shot a sideways look at his brother - Milo was clear as day, whole. This guy was different. Half human, half...something else.

[the stranger is Clark, if you're ok with that?]
Last edited by jj735 on Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

x
jj735

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Stiles Hale » Sun Mar 29, 2020 2:31 pm

Clark Kent||16||Alien/Human Hybrid||Straight: Single||Location: Earth

((That's fine with me))

Clark ran around his family's farm gathering the cow's milk and the chicken eggs, all the things he needed to get done for his morning chores. He was glad he was on earth instead of up in space somewhere. He looked up at the sky and thought about what wonders were out there beyond what even he could see. "Who's out there? What's out there? I wish somebody could tell me. But nobody I've met has any Idea." He said to himself. Looking at the vast expanse of farmland that stretched out around him. He heard footsteps and looked around only for his eyes to settle on two boys. "Well hello." He said to them curious.
Stiles Hale

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby jj735 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 4:27 pm

Milo eyed the guy before him. He looked, what, 18? 19? Tall, that was for sure. He let his right arm fall backwards, protecting Rennie - he didn't trust people too easily. "Hi... You, uh, live here?" Of course he lives here - what am I thinking?! Milo asked himself questions like this over and over, as usual. Not so much social anxiety, more like social uncomfort - was that a thing? Oh look, his constant fretting had caused Milo to get distracted and suddenly, there was his 12-year-old brother, having stepped up to the stranger, was now chatting away to the guy like he'd known him for years. He stepped back to observe the situation, somewhat intrigued.

Watching Milo try to defend him, then stuff the conversation up. People don't realise that, just because they are older than me, it doesn't mean they know better than me! If Milo could read Rennie's mind, that thought was directed at him. "We live, actually, in Neice, we just came from the Initiate-X base. You heard of IX? It's the space programme around the Eden Farming areas." He stepped a little closer, studying the intricate details of the figure before him. "You aren't - you..." Rennie knew that, if he did reveal what he knew about the guy before him, he could be in danger, so he kept his mouth shut. Somehow, even he, a boy that could read people clear as day could not seem to penetrate the eyes of the one before him. "What...are you?" Rennie managed to ask.
Last edited by jj735 on Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:47 pm, edited 5 times in total.

x
jj735

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Stiles Hale » Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:29 am

jj735 wrote:Milo Haydn|17|human|engineer aboard Romain|bisexual|single|jj735|
Milo eyed the guy before him. He looked, what, 18? 19? Tall, that was for sure. He let his right arm fall backwards, protecting Rennie - he didn't trust people too easily. "Hi... You, uh, live here?" Of course he lives here - what am I thinking? Milo asked himself questions like this over and over, as usual. Not so much social anxiety, more like social uncomfort - was that a thing? Oh look, his constant fretting had caused Milo to get distracted and suddenly, there was his 12-year-old brother, having stepped up to the stranger, was now chatting away to the guy like he'd known him for years. He stepped back to observe the situation, somewhat intrigued.

Watching Milo try to defend him, then stuff the conversation up. People don't realise that, just because they are older than me, it doesn't mean they know better than me! If Milo could read Rennie's mind, that thought was directed at him. "We live, actually, in Neice, we just came from the IX base. You heard of IX? It's the space programme around the Eden Farming areas." He stepped a little closer, studying the intricate details of the figure before him. "You aren't - you..." Rennie knew that, if he did reveal what he knew about the guy before him, he could be in danger, so he kept his mouth shut. Somehow, even he, a boy that could read people clear as day could not seem to penetrate the eyes of the one before him. "What...are you?" Rennie managed to ask.

Clark Kent||Age: 16||Alien/Human Hybrid||Straight||Single||Location: Earth||Tags: Rennie & Milo Haydn

"I'm an Alien and Human hybrid, and I'm sixteen, dunno how old you thought I was. Oh and my name's Clark...Clark Kent." Clark said smiling at the two. He looked around the field for something, anything at all to do to alleviate his boredom. Seeing a few bolders he made his way over to them. "Well these are gonna mess with dad's tractor." He said stopping at the base of one of the larger ones.
Stiles Hale

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby jj735 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:42 am

Milo felt somehow at ease that this guy wasn't human, he didn't know why. He guessed it was because he interacted with aliens on a daily basis at the space centre - lots of really technical handymen were often hybrids of some sort? One thing he could not get his head around, though, was how his brother had known that 'Clark' wasn't human. Only other hybrids and specially trained humans could see if someone was alien, and Rennie hadn't been trained nor was he a hybrid - they had the same, human parents. He watched in awe as the young boy practically interrogated this Kent guy, letting him stew for a little, then finally stepping in. "Hey, you want help moving those?"

Both the boys were startled by this guy's honesty, Rennie in particular. He had never met a hybrid, he only ever knew of some. Apparently, hybrids could sense one another, like he could sense that Milo was a human?? Clark Kent. Only four years older than me, he thought. Milo was a year older than this guy, and yet, a foot or two shorter, maybe. Although Rennie hated people being judged by their age in relation to other things, he found himself asking Clark Kent lots more questions such as 'was he working for a space programme himself?' 'did he know a lot of hybrids?' Milo gave him a look as if to say 'shut up, it's making him uncomfortable!' but Rennie didn't see any signs of discomfort on Clark's face...
Last edited by jj735 on Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:48 pm, edited 5 times in total.

x
jj735

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Stiles Hale » Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:12 am

Clark Kent || Human/Alien Hybrid || Age: 16 || Straight || Single || Location: Earth || Tags: Rennie & Milo Haydn

"Huh? Oh I'm okay, thanks." He said and lifted the large rocks as if they were regular size rocks and sped away then back twice, once for each rock and put them in the forest nearby. He looked at the boys again and realized that Rennie was asking him a few questions. Other then these two though, well Rennie at least He wasn't sure if he'd met any other Human/Alien Hybrids and told him as much, answering his other questions to the best of his ability. Then he heard a question he definitely knew the answer to. "Oh, no I don't work on any ship, Wait, there's a spaceship?" He asked confused.
Stiles Hale

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby jj735 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:58 pm

Milo didn't even bother letting Rennie reply to that comment. "Allons, Rennie. We have to leave, sorry, Master Kent." Milo half sneered the last part - he knew it was rude but he didn't want to panic in front of the teen. "Allons." He had to practically drag the boy away, and when he managed to get him to walk home, Rennie crossed to the other side of the country road and proceeded to have a mini game of football with another little pebble.

"The space ship is called the 'Romain'. It's named after the-" Rennie started to get into the story and then classic Milo had to pull him away. "I'm Rennie, by the way. We are Rennie and Milo Haydn." He said quietly before they had to go. Why? Why does Milo think I am less than him?! 'Allons', basically French for 'let's go', and Milo is able to speak French and German FINE, it's just English where he mucks it up! How many furious thoughts streamed in and out of the boys head in the next minutes, he did not know. All he knew was that he would much rather be conversing with the wonderful and interesting Clark Kent than be kicking another poor excuse of a stone along the lonely sidewalk.
Last edited by jj735 on Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.

x
jj735

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes