[❤] The Uprising of Delra (accepting, pm me)

For roleplays featuring human or human-like characters which have inhuman abilities or live in an (original) fantasy world. E.g. vampires, shape-shifters, werewolves. However this category does not include roleplays based on existing fandoms such as Twilight or Harry Potter

Re: [❤] The Uprising of Delra (pm me)

Postby honeybee. » Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:29 am

⋯⋯⋯⋯ ❄️⋯⋯⋯⋯
Brenn Lucasta
Tags: Addison

⋯⋯⋯⋯❄️⋯⋯⋯⋯

When the train drew to a stop Brenn looked out in awe at Aquari station. It was so different to the stations they'd seen before and almost exactly as he expected. He stared upwards as he stepped onto the platform, he'd thought the trees he'd already seen were big but this one... this one must have been ancient. He looked down again to see Addison waving as she approached and grinned back at her.
"It's incredible." It wasn't difficult to hear the wonder in his voice. "Like I imagined but also so much better. Even the air smells good!"
He took in a deep breath, the smell of the ocean strong in the air and yes.. there it was. Looking past the amazing tree sheltering the station he could sea the ocean, blue and glittering and so, so big. He couldn't help but be excited at the fact their first task involved the sea, even as his nose wrinkled slightly thinking about the underwater life being damaged.
He nodded in agreement at the sound of Addison's musings.
"Perhaps they don't mean to?" His hopeful statement sounded a little dubious. "Or maybe people get so used to all this that they forget to see the beauty? I hope not. I don't think I could ever get used to this."
Brenn heard Atlanta speak, asking if anyone wanted to change before they set off, but he thought he'd be fine. An orange striped T-shirts, jeans and a pair of trainers weren't likely to cause any problems as far as he knew.
honeybee.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Stumpy. » Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:04 pm

Robin was pulled out of her amazed stupor as Caleb approached with questions for her and Gavotte. It was easy to forget who came from where as far as provinces were concerned, but Robin could see Caleb in Forell as well. She looked up at the sky, chuckling softly at the seagulls. Silly birds. Robin undid her ponytail, letting her hair lay in a soft brown cascade down her back. She turned to Caleb, looking briefly thoughtful
"Yes, my mother and father were from here, too." While Robin has been lucky to not lose both of her parents, the loss of her father struck her hard. Still, he'd died doing what he loved, and that was the important thing. Mom has been so strong, too. I'm proud to be her daughter.
Barely on this site anymore, just hungry for art.
he/him
wildlife biology major
Stumpy.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

「 ─ 🏹 / 034 ── jen 」| 「 ─ 🌪️ / 030 ── demetria 」

Postby hellb0und » Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:10 pm

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
      ( 🔥. // !)
      name. // jennifer dire. x x gender. // female. x x power. // pyrokinesis. x x tags. // gavotte, robin, & caleb.
          "i am as deadly as fire itself."

The train came to a halt at a simple boardwalk marked by a towering tree and a sign reading "Aquari Station". As they stepped off the train Jennifer was glad for the cool ocean breeze that came through and swept her blonde locks over her shoulder. She would have been too hot otherwise, as she had an unnaturally high body temperature to begin with along with the sun and her choice of clothes. It was beautiful here, even if the ocean wasn't exactly her element. The beach wasn't all there was to marvel at though as she took in the forest off in the distance. The trees stood still but their extended limbs swayed back and forth as if beckoning to her. Jen was pulled from the trance she'd fallen into when Atlanta told them about their first mission followed by an offer of a change of clothes. She was fine with what she was wearing for now but kept the offer in mind given they didn't work out in the future. Gavotte was surrounded but the archer went ahead and approached him anyway, "What do you think of it?" She asked casually, acknowledging Robin and Caleb afterward with a nod. She looked up at the sky briefly after a pair of seagulls noisily flew overhead of the four of them. She'd never actually seen the birds before, only heard of them. Rats with wings. That was how her father had addressed them. Perhaps today she'd see them give meaning to the peculiar name.

( 🐉. // !)
      name. // demetria greene. x x gender. // female. x x power. // dragon shifter. x x tags. // diana.
          "she was not fragile like a flower; she was fragile like a bomb."

The brunette turned her head sideways and smiled at Diana, "As am I." Demetria could only hope they'd be able to leave a good impression as the Uprising relied on the support of the provinces. "If we come out successful, that is... things haven't exactly been going quite according to plan." She chuckled nervously. She had faith in everyone but she knew better, especially after recent events, then to assume all would turn out perfectly. She liked to think of herself as a realist - at least, she tried to be one.

She got up from her seat and eagerly hopped off the train when they arrived. Taking a moment to appreciate how fresh the air was by closing her eyes and inhaling deeply. Seagulls cawed overheard and the waves of the ocean crashed against the shore. In that moment she was completely at peace. When she opened her eyes her sister was giving a quick summary of their first task. Then she asked if any of them needed a change of clothes. Thankfully she dressed appropriately although she decided to peel off her jacket and wrap it around her waist. Allowing for the sun to warm her exposed skin. Happy was an understatement as far as how she felt about being here went. It was perfect even if her parents had come from Severin and therefore it wasn't home. She wouldn't mind settling down here for a short time some day, but it would have to remain an idea for now.
hellb0und

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SunnyJustice » Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:35 pm

Sycamore Jin
Phoenix
Tags: Aida, Thiago

Through a haze of sunlight-induced rapture, Sycamore smiled deliriously in Aida's general direction. "Never been better! Love you baby," She slurred before stumbling right into Thiago. She wrapped her arms around the smaller boy and snuggled him like a plush, nestling her head atop his.
"Shh, my baby," She murmured, voice a little muffled by his hair. Now that Sycamore was under the towering tree overhead, the sun wasn't beating down on her directly. It took a few seconds for the warm fuzziness clouding her mind to finally lift. As soon as she snapped back to reality, she released Thiago from her suffocating embrace at once.
Embarrassment flooded her cheeks red - an impressive feat considering her darker honey skintone. "Great Mother Solara- I'm so sorry!" Her profuse apologies were punctuated by uncontrollable laughter at herself. "Are you two okay? I didn't break any bones with my, er, insane hugging?"

Gavotte Tenuto
Water manipulation
Tags: Robin, Caleb, Jen

"It really is." Gavotte sighed dreamily as he agreed with Robin. His skin prickled with anticipation, every inch of him longing to swim through those vast waters. He hardly paid any attention to the forest behind. The woods were lovely too, but the ocean was his true love. If comparing landscapes to people, the ocean was his Jennifer.
He was a little startled at Caleb's unexpected outburst. It took him a moment to gather his bearings and answer the question, "I've never tried it, other than moving the water around in my soup. I'm pretty sure the crackers I put in had salt on them. This is very different from a small bowl of soup, though," He gestured to the seemingly-endless waters ahead.
Caleb and Robin talked about their Forell roots, putting a smile on Gavotte's face. "Oh, right. You both must feel right at home here. I've always wondered, though, how would a Forellian go about talking to fish underwater?" Of course, all he could think about was water. He was in love.

Speaking of love, a certain someone approached him right then. Her confidence immediately won points with Gavotte before she even opened her mouth. Of course, he was more than eager to answer the question she posed. "I feel like I'm home, which might sound odd." Gavotte was half-Eighnes, half-Thrinton, the child of the two most technological districts. "I just saw the ocean and fell in love. I would say I've never seen anything so beautiful, but..."
He allowed himself to trail off before his flirting became even more blatant than it already was. The boardwalk underneath his feet suddenly became very interesting.

Atlanta Hunter
Phoenix Squad Commander
Tags: Everyone

The joyful reactions of her teammates did not escape the commander's notice, and she cracked a smile at the sight of everyone enjoying the sunlight and fresh air. Thiago and Sycamore were having some emotional reactions. Meanwhile, Brenn, Caleb, Robin and Gavotte appeared to be in awe at the province's beauty, which made the commander proud.
This was her motherland after all. She was born here, growing up on the sandy shores of a freshwater lake further inland. In the five years before Headquarters was built, she'd spent warm evenings scurrying up and down the beach in search of washed-up treasures. She vividly remembered her five-year-old self cradling a tiny white shell, tracing its intricate spirals. When she showed it to her father, he made her put it back, explaining that a creature might need to make it its home.
Now she had returned - and it was her turn to protect her home.

"Horrible, isn't it?" She agreed with her teammates' frustrations. "It baffles me that anyone could think these crimes are okay." Poisonings, smog, deforestation, it was all here and happening now. The commander tucked her mission paper back into her pocket, deciding it was best to just focus on their current task for now.
"I did bring some swimsuits in case you can't resist going into the water. When we find Nessa's house, anyone who doesn't trust themselves to stay dry can change." She chuckled. "I know I'm one of those people."
Everyone was here now, and the train began to depart. The commander waited until the screeching of wheels faded before speaking up again. "Alright, she should be this way." She hopped off the boardwalk and began to lead the way, trudging through the sand in her worn old runners. "It shouldn't be far. I'm more worried about the fact that Nessa lives alone, so all of us approaching at once might scare her. Can I get some volunteers to make first contact?"

Volunteers: Aisling, Robin, Demetria, Addison, Caleb, Brenn
(Will be updated)
Last edited by SunnyJustice on Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.
SunnyJustice

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

♕ xxxviii, ☯ xii, ❤ xxvi

Postby Zyn » Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:27 pm

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxC i a r á nxxQ u i n e l l yxx
═════════════════════════
♕ Male || Eighteen || Telekinesis
♕ Location: The Train ⇛ Aquari Station
♕ Tags: Ardai
♕ Mood: Amused, Confident, Cocky

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Quinn knew he had said the right thing when Ardai's eyes turned a blinding neon color, not that he was bothered by it. This was sight he had seen many times before and actually actively tried to achieve at times. If his friends eyes were that bright then it meant that they were very happy which was a good thing after all. Raising a brow at his friends words he didn't know how they were going to be famous just for helping out. Though he wasn't about dampen his friends spirits so he just nodded enthusiastically and chuckled. "It would probably be fore the best if you are the brawn, I am not to up for physical activities at the moment" he agreed while glancing down at his side. "Maybe I can assist you, make you more powerful with telekinetic boosts" he mused.

It didn't take too much longer till they found themselves at the station. Gingerly he stood up and made his way over to the exit, pausing on to to check and make sure that Ardai was behind him. He had flung a small bag over his shoulder, the contents would be revealed soon enough. He got a moment to take in the sights, the nature around them was more spectacular than he could have ever imagined. His attention was drawn back to their commander who had called their attention for the mission on hand. His interest was instantly peeked when he heard who they would be helping. Someone by the beach by the name Nessa. He hadn't ever seen the ocean before, not that anyone in the squad had actually see the ocean. His gaze followed Atlanta's to Ardai when she asked if anyone wanted to change into clothes that would be more suited to the sandy beach. Shuffling around he opened the bag and pulled out a pair of high top sneakers that just happened to be Ardai's size. They weren't nearly as fancy as the heels that his friend was wearing but they were still very stylish and had a splash of color that matched his friends neon bowtie. "You can thank me later when your heels are nice and safe and clean" he said with a wink. His own shoes weren't the best sand shoes either. However his plan was to levitate just above the sand, just enough so that his feet didn't sink into the sand while also low enough that nobody else would notice.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxA i s l i n gxxM c C a r t h yxx
══════════════════════════
☯ Female || Eighteen || Shields
☯ Location: The Train ⇛ Aquari Station
☯ Tags: Alastair, Open
☯ Mood: Curious, Intrigued, Excited

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Aisling could understand the flame in Alastair's words, she felt the same burning need to make the world a better place for all of Delra. She was lucky to have been born into a place where it was possible for her to reach out and help those in need. Though it had been a long wait to do things like the mission they were on now. The path to healing the age old wounds that scared Delra was a long and hard one and they had only just started. Nodding fervently she tried to show that she wanted nothing more than to help and to save the same things that Alastair did. When he leaned closer to whisper something to her she was a bit surprised, though she was careful to keep her expression from betraying that. She hadn't expected such a request. "Of course, I love our commander so any chance to speak to her is a good one" she chirped happily. Moving to stand she glanced over at the commander and started towards her.

As the train came to a halt at the station Aisling perked up and hoped up from her seat. Following the others out she stepped to the side to let the others file past her. Stretching luxuriously she stared around the the station. It was much different then she had expected and yet it fit so well with the Forellian district that she wasn't exactly shocked. The ocean ahead of them seemed to stretch on and on forever. From the looks on her companions faces they were in awe to. A tiny frown tugged her lips down as she gazed around her group, she was very pale compared to some of the other members of the squad. For a moment Jealousy tugged at her chest as she stared around at everyone. Keelan's tan skin, Sycamore's lovely honey colored skin, Brenn's almond skin, and Thaigo's pretty caramel skin. All were much nicer than her own pasty white skin. She would have to leave the jacket on if she wanted to keep herself from burning. She had already applied sunscreen to her hands and face but only had a small bottle and didn't have enough to keep apply to her both her arms as well. Watching the groups that were starting to form she wasn't to sure where she was supposed to go. Sure she was friends with many of them but they all seemed to be splitting off. Instead of going of to join a group she opted to stay where she was and just wait to head out. As Atlanta spoke about the other part of the mission she was grateful that their commander had thought of swimsuits. When she asked for volunteers she stepped forward. "I can approach the cabin, my size might help her not feel threatened since I am so small."

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxD i a n axxS c h i r m e rxx
═══════════════════════
❤ Female || Twenty-Two || Unknown
❤ Location: The Train ⇛ Aquari Station
❤ Tags: Demetria
❤ Mood: Curious, Hopeful, Confident

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Diana studied Demetria when her response a bit unenthusiastic. Their last mission hadn't exactly gone as planed so she assumed that Demetria was worried about things not going according to plan. She wasn't too worried, any act of help in correcting Forell's beautiful environment would be seen as a positive. Provided that the communication improved this time around she couldn't really see how they could screw up this mission. But she didn't say anything, if she had learned anything it was that being extremely positive wasn't really her thing. Maybe once upon a time she could have pulled off an overly positive persona but that was not going to happen again. "Whatever happens just remember that I have your back."

The train came to a stop in the station and she waited for the others to file out before she followed suit. She had been here before and so despite the beauty she had already seen it and wanted to give the others a chance to look around. Stepping out of the train she exited just in time to hear Atlanta's instructions, the first being about appropriate attire. She had thought ahead and popped on a swimsuit under her clothes. A simple black one piece, she had asked Atlanta to pack her a pair of swim trunks, though if the commander had remembered she wasn't sure. Glancing over at Demetria she watched them for a moment before walking over. Even though she had spent two weeks with the squad she hadn't really spoken much to anyone other than Demetria. Several people she had considered talking to but hadn't really spoken more than a few words to them. For the most part she had spent time with the shapeshifter. Without a word she stopped by Demetria's side and nodded in greeting before following after Atlanta.
Last edited by Zyn on Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zyn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

「 ─ 🏹 / 035 ── jen 」| 「 ─ 🌪️ / 031 ── demetria 」

Postby hellb0und » Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:35 pm

( 🔥. // !)
      name. // jennifer dire. x x gender. // female. x x power. // pyrokinesis. x x tags. // gavotte.
          "i am as deadly as fire itself."

It made sense why he felt so strongly about Forell. He was a waterbender and well, they were surrounded by the ocean. "I'm glad to hear that," she answered. Jennifer kept listening as he went on about his love for the ocean, and how it was almost the most beautiful thing he'd ever seen. Unfortunately for Gavotte the archer didn't think much of it, naive in social cues it went in one ear and out the other. "I hope one day you get the chance to see it every day," she said softly while wishing the others present were gone for the time being. It didn't matter now as they were leaving and heading towards the civilian Atlanta had referred to as "Nessa"'s house. Jen hadn't need to worry about changing into a bathing suit as she was going to do her best to avoid getting wet. Cold water was one of her greatest weaknesses. She considered volunteering but decided against it, as this was definitely geared towards the more friendly individuals of the group.

( 🐉. // !)
      name. // demetria greene. x x gender. // female. x x power. // dragon shifter. x x tags. // diana & atlanta.
          "she was not fragile like a flower; she was fragile like a bomb."

Already it was time to get moving. Demetria would have to ask Atlanta for a swimsuit later on though as she had failed to bring one. She went ahead and volunteered herself as a candidate to greet Nessa. She was friendly enough without being overbearing. When Diana stood next to her she turned towards her and smiled, then trudged after her as she started following Atlanta.

(Gahh sorry for this. ^^ I'm getting tired and unmotivated ehehe.)
hellb0und

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Stumpy. » Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:56 pm

Aida grinned at Sycamore, thoroughly enjoying the entire situation.
"I think we're fine. What happened, though?" Aida asked, still grinning. While seeing her friend drunk on sunshine was absolutely hilarious, is just wouldn't do for a mission. When Atlanta started talking about swimsuits, Aida was quick to throw a hand up in the air.
"I'd like one!" She exclaimed, her eyes a near obnoxiously bright shade of pink. Even if Sycamore probably wouldn't like the water, Aida was beyond excited at the idea. She'd never been swimming before, and she absolutely wanted to try.

Robin nodded at Gavotte's comment, and decided to volontueer. It might be comforting to see an actual forell native.
"I'd like to volontueer, please." Robin bid farewell to Gavotte, and walked over to the rest of the volunteers. Even in her excitement, she kept a calm, collected composure, albeit one filled with admiration for the land she now stood upon.
Barely on this site anymore, just hungry for art.
he/him
wildlife biology major
Stumpy.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

❤ ▸ 4. ❞

Postby anathema » Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:32 pm

▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬

𝐀 𝐃 𝐃 𝐈 𝐒 𝐎 𝐍x𝐂 𝐀 𝐑 𝐀 𝐖 𝐀 𝐘

▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬

Addison couldn't help but chuckle softly at Brenn's remark about the wonderful air quality. He was right; it did smell pretty good around here. She secretly envied the people who were fortunate enough to live in such a region. Forell was just... breathtaking.
    The young woman dipped her head in solidarity when Caleb showed his support toward her quieter statement. "It just makes no sense," she responded, shaking her head. Some folks just didn't know how good they had things and took full advantage of it.
    Addison then turned back to Brenn. "For sure," she said. "I don't think they understand how precious nature is."
    Once the Commander started to speak, Addison stopped and listened, a smile forming on her face at the mention of swimsuits. They were going into the ocean after all! She was so thrilled that she eagerly shot a hand up when Atlanta asked for volunteers. "I'll go," she declared, wanting to somehow convey that she was grateful for her leader's consideration and forethought.

▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬

𝐓 𝐇 𝐈 𝐀 𝐆 𝐎x𝐃 𝐄 𝐒 𝐎 𝐓 𝐎

▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬

Thiago was also blushing; he couldn't help it! Even though Sycamore was convinced she'd crushed the life out of him, Thiago disagreed. The hug was perfect; as a matter of fact, he was almost certain it was warmer than the sunlight of Forell itself!
    He smiled bashfully and stood on his tip-toes to place a reassuring hand on one of Sycamore's broad shoulders. "H-hey," he said, smile wide and sincere as he gently drew back. "Don't worry about it, I'm just fine! You're quite a talented hugger, I must say!"
    Thiago then proved to both Sycamore and Aida that his entire musculature was intact by doing a quirky little dance. "N-nothing seems out of the sort in the slightest," he continued before completing his impromptu routine with jazz-hands. "Ta-da!"

anathema ‣ grad student ‣ 21+
kinda only here to rp and trade lolz

x
anathema

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cocogerber13 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:30 pm

Caleb Oxenbera——————————
♠︎ // Phoenix Squad Recruit // Beast Summoning // Tags: Atlanta, volunteers?, Addison, Brenn

Caleb’s eyes brightened up when Atlanta mentioned swimming, excited that that he got the chance to try his hand at the activity in the sea. He didn’t speak up as enthusiastically as the others though since, while the ocean did appear beautiful and an important part of the ecosystem, it also housed a plethora of absurd creatures and was very, very, big. While at first Caleb had seen beauty, now as his eyes met the same shade of teal-blue he couldn’t help but glance to each, endless, side. Before he could overthink it, the summoner gently refused the swimming suit offer and tuned back in to the task at hand.

“Ah, I’d like to volunteer, if there aren’t too many already.” He spoke, a forced smile plastered onto his face. He had no reason to fear the ocean, especially with this family having come from here. At the very least it seemed that he’d have some time to consider his options as they saw more of Forell. Though here on a mission it was still refreshing to see the forest.

Upon hearing a similar answer come from an excited Addison, Caleb approached her and Brenn. “Guess we’re all eager to get started, huh? Brenn, you coming with us?” He started, his smile becoming slightly more genuine at the sight of his two teammates. There was confidence in numbers after all, and these two were people he definitely trusted to make their tasks enjoyable.
╔══════════════════════════════════╗
☾ Hello! I'm Cocogerber13, °˖✧

but feel free to call me Coco.
toyhouse|IG|art gallery|
DA|FR|art fight|Character shop
♢I write, draw, and rp!♢

Current interests: Fionna & Cake/Adventure Time, Genshin Impact, HSR, Baldur’s Gate 3, botw, fe3h, Ev.e, MILGRAM, ORV & Twisted Wonderland

Image Image Image

╚══════════════════════════════════╝
cocogerber13

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SunnyJustice » Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:12 pm

Gavotte Tenuto
Water manipulation
Tags: Robin, Caleb, Jen

Jen's voice was so soft, melting Gavotte's heart. She truly resembled her element now more than ever. The Uprising was well aware of her reputation as a fearsome force, just like the flames she could wield for destruction.
Now her demeanor reminded him of the other face of fire. Not as a destroyer, but as a protector. Fire could burn, yes, but it could also save those in dire need of its warmth. It could drive wolves away from a camp, or blaze as a guiding torch of light. This was the kind of flame Gavotte saw in Jen's eyes right now. "Thank you, Jen," He spoke, smiling softly up at the taller blonde. "That means a lot."
"Is there anywhere in Delra you'd want to settle down?" He asked, addressing her but also the others near them. As for Gavotte himself, he didn't have any particular plans. He just wanted to be wherever his family was.

Ardai Fairchild
Shadow puppets
Tags: Quinn

By the time the Phoenix Squad left the train, Ardai's curiosity had boiled over. He ignored whatever the commander was saying about shoes. Ardai was wearing perfectly good high heels already, and his attention was almost solely - no pun intended - on his friend. Quinn was pulling a pair of flamboyant sneakers from his bag. Ardai grinned, about to compliment his friend on his fashion choice, when Quinn's next words surprised him.
"Wait, they're for me?" Ardai pointed at himself incredulously. He'd been under the impression that Quinn brought the sneakers for himself. This was a surprise - and one that sent him over the moon. "Wowie! I love them!"
He kicked off his high heels (one went flying at the tree) and practically jumped into the new sneakers. "It's like wearing a rainbow. Much better than those pointy things," Ardai commented with passion as he picked up his fallen heels. His walking was now much more stable as he followed the squad through the sand. "Anyway, dude, how do you always know what I like? You must be telepathic, not just telekinetic."

Sycamore Jin
Phoenix
Tags: Aida, Thiago

Sycamore was pleasantly surprised when Thiago reassured her, even setting a soft hand on her shoulder. The little trooper survived in one piece at least. His mannerisms were so sweet and endearing - and that comment about her hugging talent made her want to hug more, maybe later though. "Awww, thank you baby! I'm always here to give you a hug," She told him, placing a hand above her heart.
Aida then asked her about the slight disaster from a few seconds ago.
"My mum always used to talk about the sun. Apparently phoenixes need sunlight, but I didn't think it would make me start acting silly. I think I'm fine now, though." Sycamore grinned sheepishly, scratching at the back of her neck. The feather stubble there was still a little itchy. Why fluff had to grow back there, she had no idea.
She laughed as Aida informed the commander, in no uncertain terms, that she wanted a swimsuit. "I should have asked this before we came but... is 'swimming' a superpower that humans have? I don't think I could even survive the cold water with those tiny suits."

Atlanta Hunter
Phoenix Squad Commander
Tags: Everyone

The commander smiled at the generous surge of volunteers. Aisling was the first to take initiative, pointing out her small size would be reassuring. Her example was soon followed by Demetria and Robin, then Addison and Caleb who took their friend Brenn along with them. "Six is a good size for a welcoming committee. I'm sure Nessa will be happy to see you all," Atlanta told them as she continued to lead the way onward.
After a short stretch of walking, a house on stilts came into view along the beach. Behind it was a grove of tall beachside grass, so tall it could easily shield a person from view. It seemed the fauna in Forell grew larger than in other provinces, which, in this case, was to their benefit.
"We don't have to go inside to change after all," Atlanta told the squad. She set the large bag containing everyone's swimsuits on the ground. "Everyone's free to sit and rest, or get changed and splash about."
She then turned to Robin and the other volunteers. Some of them had expressed interest in swimming, and she didn't want to deny them the chance. "You six are free to go whenever - take your time. I'll be keeping an eye out for you, so make this signal if you're in trouble." Atlanta made a motion of brushing her hair back with both hands. Chances were, nobody would recognize that casual gesture as a cry for help.

Alastair Brungard
Prince of Delra
Tags: Aisling, Caleb, Keelan/ Open

My apologies for again committing the misdemeanor of an excessively long post...
I simply must illustrate for you, readers and friends, the true gravity of what happened aboard the train.
Worry not, this will not become a regular occurrence.

Approaching the commander, a tingle of dread pricked at the back of Alastair's neck. The prince appeared outwardly composed, head held high and posture straight, but it was all a ruse to distract from his clammy palms and pounding heart. They cannot see my vulnerability. It would only be used against me at this stage, He reminded himself. His false confidence was out of necessity, but it helped tremendously that Lady Aisling was by his side.
He had always faced his father alone.
The prince smiled in greetings to Caleb and Keelan. "Apologies if I am interrupting."
"Oh, not at all!" Atlanta laughed heartily, addressing him before he looked in her direction. This casual behavior would normally be a comforting sign of acceptance as a teammate, but in Atlanta's case it was different. She tended to behave in such a way towards teammates in need of reassurance too. Is this a gesture of approval, or one pandering to some weakness I have shown? ... Perhaps I am overanalyzing this.
"What do you need, Alastair?"
If not for Aisling's calming presence by his side, something would have snapped from the tension.
"Commander." He bowed stiffly, almost in military posture. "Forgive me for speaking out of line, but I beg you to consider what I am about to say." His attempt to make eye contact ended at her chin. An irrational part of him feared that if he looked any further, he would see glowering green eyes instead of the familiar stormy grey.
"I'm all ears." The lines of her face showed a deep concern, for which the cause could be a thousand different possibilities. I must tread carefully. If she suspects my betrayal, I will lose more than my leverage in this situation.
"I understand your plans are of the utmost importance, and I have no intentions whatsoever of jeopardizing them." He spoke with his head lowered. "I wish only to make one humble request. It concerns the Forest of Memories, the burial site of the Forell people." Alastair paused for a moment to gauge her reaction.
To his surprise, the commander smiled at him. "Are you going to ask about saving the forest? Don't worry, Alastair, that's already on our list. Unless there's something else you needed?"
Silence. He had not expected this, let alone planned for it. The Emperor would never act in such a way, not even as a sarcastic quip before the shouting began. Alastair took a moment to gather his thoughts, take a deep breath, and most importantly remind himself that Commander Atlanta was not his father.
"No, commander. That is all - thank you for hearing my concerns." Steeling himself, he managed to meet Atlanta's eyes. Relief swept over him at the sight of her ash-colored gaze - grey eyes just like Lady Aisling's.
Words could not express his gratitude for his friend's companionship throughout that ordeal. Aisling's presence alone made all the difference, shielding him from the worst of his fears. The very knowledge that someone stood with him was a tremendous comfort for a prince used to standing alone.

---

The nerves from the earlier ordeal had long since worn off. Alastair gazed out over the ocean, listening to the gentle sound of waves as a cool breeze tickled his face. The commander had not brought a swimsuit for him - the hoodie and baggy sweatpants were a requirement for now. The prince could not flaunt his identity flagrantly now, not when his missing-persons report still circulated via mass media.
"What most call unsustainable practices, the Forellians call crimes of mass destruction." He spoke to no one in particular. His back was turned to the Phoenix Squad - he trusted them not to randomly stab him out of malice at least. "Their culture values all life, not only that of human beings. To destroy the environment, to lay ruin to flora and fauna, is to commit millions of murders in one fell swoop."
SunnyJustice

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me