~Roleplay of the Sunset Islands~

For roleplays featuring human or human-like characters which have inhuman abilities or live in an (original) fantasy world. E.g. vampires, shape-shifters, werewolves. However this category does not include roleplays based on existing fandoms such as Twilight or Harry Potter

~Roleplay of the Sunset Islands~

Postby queen_sheridan » Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:54 am

The Sunset Islands

~
This is a literate Roleplay, which means no use of text-speech, symbols to indicate action, or anything like that. If you use these things, please find another rp.
~

Welcome to the Official Roleplay of the Sunset Islands. For starters, I will introduce myself. I will be the curator of this roleplay platform, and you can address me as Sheridan. Let me describe the Kingdom of the Sunset Islands first:

The Sunset Islands
These islands are about 1580 miles off the coast of the continent, unknown to the people. There are three separate islands: the largest island of Alistair, the second island that branched off the eastern coast called Marcelinas, and the smaller western island of Cerian.
Alistair's main topography consists of mountains and hills, with fertile soil for growing crops and supportive grounds for building. This is where the royal castle of the Kingdom resides. The most of the island is covered in settlements and villages, all loyal to the Queen and Princess.
Marcelinas is largely thickened in forest and exotic plants. There is a river that flows down the center and slightly splits the island, and is home to river dolphins. None of the Sunset Island's inhabitants have explored Marcelinas for fear of getting lost in the twisting and turning trees. However, a long-descended legend has it that there is a luxurious pool of crystal water in the dead center of the island, if one was so lucky to survive and navigate the forest.
Lastly, Cerian is a tiny island compared to Alistair and Marcelinas. Here, the Kingdom's ship ports and storage is located. The island of Cerian is marked and recognized as the entrance to the Kingdom, where merchants bring their ships for import and export, to barter and trade. All goods received from trade are shipped from Cerian to the main island where the bulk of markets are, and vice versa with goods being traded. The island used to be beautifully embedded with meadows and fruit trees, but with the construction of the trade ports, the beautiful features have been stripped away.

The Village of Jasper
Below the castle lies the village of Jasper, a beautiful green town of harvest. Farms speckle the outskirts of the village, and gardens can be spotted beside every house. The people are proud of their harvest, and often trade their crop among themselves. The people are loyal to the royalty of the Kingdom of the Sunset Islands, and have celebrations after each harvest. There is a rather small marketplace compared to other villages, because of the farming culture overpowering the trade culture. This leads to the migration from Jasper to the neighboring villages to trade their crop every month.

~

The People of the Kingdom
In the villages, there is a variety of people who live and work together.
- Farmers who tend to their crops, this also included those who have gardens.
- Fishermen/women provide the village with a bountiful harvest of fish.
- Merchants, travelers who take their wares and goods to the markets.
- Servants are people who work for families, and receive shelter and pay. These are not typical slaves, but they live in harmony with those they work for.
- Ship Masters traders whom own ships that carry goods to and from Cerian; they can lend their ships to others who wish to trade with foreigners.
- Other professions are present, but these are most common.

-Royal Servants, Butlers/Maids, Cooks, and Soldiers work in the castle and are of higher status than the common villagers. While they often reside in the castle, when one is retired, often times the royalty of the castle will employ common villagers to work.

~

If anyone is interested in this Roleplay, please read the rules below before signing up:

Rules
- Keep a friendly environment. This prohibits bullying and foul play.
- This RP will be mature, but keep things PG-13 at all times.
- All replies must be at LEAST 5 sentences.
- There will be no use of asterisks, dashes, or other symbols to indicate actions. RP at a literate level.
- Powerplay is prohibited.
- Drama inside of the rp is allowed! I encourage good drama, but do not create anything too extraordinary.
- Please keep realistic appearances and abilities for your character, while this is a fictional rp, it is also set in older era times.

Extra Notifications
- If you change the username of your account, please let me know! Just so there is no confusion.

~

For those interested in applications, sign up here: https://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=80&t=4167001&p=126914466#p126914466

-
Last edited by queen_sheridan on Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:51 am, edited 3 times in total.
queen_sheridan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ~In progress, Do Not Bump~

Postby queen_sheridan » Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:45 am

Bump
queen_sheridan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ~Roleplay of the Sunset Islands~

Postby queen_sheridan » Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:09 am

bump
queen_sheridan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spicy Cheeto » Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:12 am

Question what roles are there? Other than the ones listed?

Aye, yo it's ya girl Spicy Cheeto! Just tryna to make it through graduate school with some sort of grades. My boyfriend is number 5 on my football team, anyone tryna run smth hmu, yuh know what it do.
🌲

Join my roleplay, Frostbitten! A wolf pack roleplay!
Spicy Cheeto

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby queen_sheridan » Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:54 am

Thunder Point wrote:Question what roles are there? Other than the ones listed?

The roles in the roleplay simulate those of common types of kingdoms. You can create a profession of your own if you like. The most common professions are farmers, merchants, fisherman/women, ship owners, marketers, bakers and cooks, servants to local village families, royal servants, and so on. However, if you wish you could have a different profession such as an adventurer, a blacksmith or carpenter, a potter, a weaver (baskets), and so on. You can even choose to be unemployed!
queen_sheridan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby queen_sheridan » Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:31 am

Bump
queen_sheridan