Please lock

For roleplays featuring human or human-like characters which have inhuman abilities or live in an (original) fantasy world. E.g. vampires, shape-shifters, werewolves. However this category does not include roleplays based on existing fandoms such as Twilight or Harry Potter

Please lock

Postby seadragonCaspian » Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:47 am

Background

Marksborrow would like to welcome new faces and returning students to its halls as it prepares to start a brand new school year. It welcomes people from all walks of life and of all species as long as they display the ability to do magic. There is nothing this school cannot do in order to prepare the future generations. It remains hidden from dark forces and those without a single drop of magic in their blood. It has trained the young for centuries and plans to do so for many more. However, dark forces threaten the school and young people within its protective barriers. The teachers must prepare their students for the day those barriers fail, for the day where they will have to defend themselves from the darkest of creatures and for when all hope will be lost. There is still hope that the barrier will keep the darkness at bay and that no one will be harmed. But how long will that hope last?

The Campus

The campus for Marksborrow is rather large. A fence surrounds the entire property and has been enchanted to keep those that may wish ill upon the students or staff. There is one main building where classes meet and meals are held. It is also where students come to first learn what their magic may hold for them. This building is at least five stories tall. Just a few feet away and facing each other are the boy and girl dorms. Both have been enchanted to keep students that do not belong there out. There is a small wooded area to the far north of the campus as well as a couple of sports areas to keep the students busy. There's a small stone courtyard near the three main buildings with the schools' emblem. There's a smaller building near the girls' dorms that are set aside for any staff members that wish to stay on the campus as they do not live close by. All dorm rooms have been enchanted to best suit the pair that are going to be staying in it.

Magic Classes

Explanation

Every mage has a particular magic class that comes to them naturally. While one may be more dominant than the others there are always traces of at least four others that will surface as they train and become used to what they are able to do. Some may be weaker than the others and take time more time to develop. There will never be more than five classes for a mage and forbidden magic never surfaces

Common

-Air
-Animal
-Art
-Ash
-Bubble
-Clay
-Cloth
-Color
-Culinary
-Dark Arts
-Dust
-Earth
-Electricity
-Fire
-Ice
-Incantation
-Ink
-Liquid
-Magnetic
-Medical
-Mud
-Paper
-Plant
-Potion
-Powder
-Reinforcement
-Restoration
-Ritual
-Sand
-Seed
-Shadow
-Silk
-Smoke
-Snow
-Summoning
-Symbol
-Thread
-Vapor
-Water
-Wax
-White Arts
-Wood

Uncommon

-Acid
-Alchemy
-Amphibian
-Arachnid
-Armament
-Autumn
-Avian
-Barrier
-Candy
-Card
-Chain
-Cold
-Combat
-Coral
-Crystal
-Curse
-Digital
-Explosion
-Fish
-Flower
-Forge
-Fungus
-Glass
-Hair
-Heat
-Insect
-Mammal
-Metal
-Mineral
-Music
-Nature
-Object
-Park
-Pearl
-Perfume
-Poison
-Pyrotechnic
-Rainbow
-Replication
-Reptile
-Slime
-Snake
-Sound
-Spirit
-Spring
-Storm
-Summer
-Technomagic
-Teleportation
-Thermal
-Weather
-Winter

Rare

-Abjuration
-Arctic
-Aura
-Cave
-Chemical
-Coast
-Conjuration
-Craftsmanship
-Desert
-Dragon
-Dream
-Druidic
-Elemental
-Emblem
-Enchantment
-Environmental
-Faery
-Forest
-Illusion
-Island
-Lake
-Lava
-Luck
-Lunar
-Mountain
-Nano
-Nightmare
-Ocean
-Plains
-Planetary
-Plasma
-Portal
-Psionic
-Rural
-Season
-Sky
-Solar
-Space
-Stellar
-Twilight
-Underground
-Urban
-Volcanic Field
-Wetland

Forbidden

-Aether
-Astral
-Chaos
-Corruption
-Creation
-Death
-Dimension
-Disease
-Eldritch
-Emotion
-Gravity
-Hypnotic
-Life
-Love
-Necromancy
-Nether
-Radiation
-Time
-Voodoo

Rules

-Follow all Chicken Smoothie rules
-All bios MUST be posted in the discussion thread
-All staff members must be 18 or older
-The age range for students is 10 to 18
-Your character does not have to be human
-A role must be included with a staff bio and it cannot be already claimed
-Relationships can be left open
-It is requested that you do not abuse any of the magic allowed
-No one is allowed to choose from the forbidden list of magic
-Certain things can be added to the list if they are asked about and approved
-You may add any information that you think is necessary to the bio
-Romance is allowed
-Respect each other
-PM me if any issues arise and I will do my best to resolve them
-If it becomes a lot of back and forth, please stop and give others a chance to reply. If this becomes a constant issue, a rule may be added
-Keep all OOC chatter in the discussion thread unless it is absolutely important
-Have a question? Feel free to ask
-You can play as many characters as you can handle
-Dorms are set up as people join. If you do not like who you are sharing a dorm with, talk to me and we can work something out.
-Rules will be added as neccessary

Bio Requirements

Students

-Name
-Age [10-18]
-Sexuality
-Appearance
-Personality
-Magic [May choose 3 commons, 1 uncommon and 1 rare]
-Notable Relationships

Staff

-Name
-Age [18 or older]
-Sexuality
-Appearance
-Personality
-Magic [May choose 3 commons, 1 uncommon and 1 rare]
-Notable Relationships
-Role [Either the class they teach or what they do on campus]

Feel free to add any other information you think is necessary

Discussion Thread

Students

Instructors

Headmaster

Teachers

Other Staff

Room Arrangements

Boys Dorms

-Dante Mercer and Raoul Renzo share a room
-Lucien Harborn and Jodie Lanberry share a room
-Caelan Blake and Pine Jaxton "PJ" Vericorte share a room

Girls Dorms

-Ruby Rite and Nora Pinephrine share a room
-Elodie Farah and Naomi Dai share a room
-Jaclyn Umbridge and Yuki Korona share a room
- - and Jessika Lantis share a room
-Azariah Haynes and Vanessa Rosemary share a room
- - and - share a room
Last edited by seadragonCaspian on Tue Jun 01, 2021 5:17 pm, edited 19 times in total.
seadragonCaspian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Marksborrow Mage Academy - O+A

Postby seadragonCaspian » Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:05 am

Dante Mercer | Male | Homosexual | Student | No Tags | Heading For The Main Hall

Dante had just arrived on the campus. Technically it was the portal room set aside for those that didn’t leave near the school but he had arrived nonetheless. He carried two bags with him, his red eyes studying the room. A black and white gecko was perched on his shoulder and she seemed content to continue her snoozing. Despite having attended since he was ten, Dante would never get used to seeing it again and again. Then again, he knew this would be his last year returning to the portal room and heading towards the entrance hall. A soft sigh left the red eyed males mouth as he began to make his way to the entrance hall, knowing full well that the headmaster would begin her opening speech soon. He was lucky he didn’t have to help the new arrivals this year. This only meant he could spend a little more time in his room and perhaps catch a small nap while he waited for dinner that night. It was early morning.

Ruby Rite | Female | Pansexual | Student | No Tags | Main Hall

Ruby lived reletively close to the school and she loved returning to its halls and lush green fields. She had already dropped her bags off in her room and could not wait to see who her roommate was this year. The half fairy had volunteered to help the younger students so she likely wouldn’t be back in her room until close to dinner. Never the less, she was practically brimming over with excitement. Her cat was not with her as he preferred to stay in the room where it was much quieter.

Penelope “Penny” Fern | Female | Asexual | Headmaster | No Tags | Main Hall

The headmaster was sitting at a table with the other staff members, quietly thinking of what she had heard and what she would say to the students. She didn’t want to worry them so she would not be mentioning anything about the chaos brewing in their world and what would happen should that chaos breach the barriers of the school. An attack in the young would cripple them and Penny refused to let that happen. She took a breath, checked the time and got to her feet. “It’s about time to get this speech over with. Wouldn’t you agree?” She cast a gaze over to the gathering students. The woman took a moment then approached the carved wooden pedestal

Willow Darkagon | Non-Binary | Bisexual | Potions Teacher | No Tags | Main Hall

Willow stood, watching over the gathering students, picking out those that would do well in potions and those that may need the most help. Of course this was all just guesswork and they would have to wait until tomorrow to learn about all of it. Today was a day of welcome and rekindling friendships with friends that they likely hadn’t seen all year. Willow remembered their days among the crowds fondly. It had its ups and downs but Willow cherished every moment of it. There was no war looming over their heads and their was no threat to their safety. When they spotted the headmaster approaching the pedestal, they stepped back and let her have the students undivided attention.
seadragonCaspian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby poppyxoxo » Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:19 am

Elodie Farah

Female ~ Heterosexual ~ Student ~ Tags: Dante Mercer ~ Heading to the main hall

Elodie gripped the straps of a backpack which settling against her back, bumping against her slightly as she walked. In her left hand, she pulled along a suitcase and the humming that came from her mouth suggested that she had just been listening to music. She looked around in awe at the massive school which had been her refuge since she was fourteen. She loved her aunts house, but she also loved betting back here. Elodie suddenly felt a jolt and realised that she had nearly bumped into someone, but had stopped herself in time. "Sorry!" She exclaimed, and Freezes squeak from her curled up position on Elodie's shoulder.
Last edited by poppyxoxo on Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
poppyxoxo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby seolar » Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:03 am

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
𝒿𝒶𝒸𝓁𝓎𝓃 "𝒷𝒶𝓉𝓉𝓎"
"ɪ ᴡᴀɴɴᴀ ʙᴇ ᴀɴ ɪᴅᴏʟ ᴛᴇᴇɴ,
ɪ ᴡɪsʜ ɪ ʜᴀᴅɴ'ᴛ ʙᴇᴇɴ sᴏ ᴄʟᴇᴀɴ"
16∙female∙vampiric hybrid
tagged; open
mentions; none
location; heading towards main hall

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
jaclyn glanced at her shoulder, where obscurité was perched. the cherry-red haired female smirked at her shadowy comrade, petting him on the head. it was often hard for her to tell if he was visible to others or not, but she didn’t exactly care. ”well, little buddy. we’ve made it back. thank god I didn’t volunteer to help the new kids” she joked with the cat, her tail flicking with anticipation. she couldn’t wait to pull her tricks for the sixth year in a row. this time, she had so many ideas for mischief. as for talking with her friends? well, she’d never actually made many friends. she’d just hung around with obscurité after he appeared mid-summoning practice. maybe this year she’d make a friend or two. jaclyn sighed, pulling her suitcases along with her. ”eh, obscurité , mon amour, you’ll have to help me figure out how to make suitcases summonable. this is bothersome.” she frowned, looking back at her cat.
seolar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby seadragonCaspian » Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:43 am

Dante Mercer | Male | Homosexual | Student | Elodie Farah | Heading For The Main Hall

Dante was startled when he nearly ran into someone. He immediately started to apologize, thinking that it was his fault that they had nearly collided. Harper was startled out of her snoozing and hissed grumpily at her owner. "Its fine. I should've been paying more attention" He waited a moment then continued to head for the main hall. He paused for a moment the looked towards the stranger. 'Are you heading to the main hall as well? We could walk together" He didn't want the walk to be awkward if they were going in the same direction. He had done that before and didn't want to do it again if he could help it

Ruby Rite | Female | Pansexual | Student | Jaclyn | Main Hall

Ruby grinned when she saw the headmaster approaching the pedestal. She hummed softly then looked towards a red-haired girl. The blonde didn't think she had ever met her before then began to approach her although she would stop if it seemed that she didn't want any kind of conversation.

Penelope “Penny” Fern | Female | Asexual | Headmaster | All In The Main Hall | Main Hall

Penny stood in front of her pedestal and surveyed the students in front of her. She almost seemed a little sad, although it wasn't clear why she would be sad. Perhaps it was because she knew these students were in danger or that she knew that some would be graduating and leaving them soon. They took anyone from ages 10 to 18. A single drop of magic in their blood qualified them to learn. The woman took a deep breath. "Silence, please. It is time we got started. I'm sure you all are hungry and tired from your journey here"

Willow stood quietly with the other teachers, making sure that they were not going to distract from the headmaster. If they needed to speak, then they would wait until Penny was done
seadragonCaspian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby seolar » Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:33 am

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
𝒿𝒶𝒸𝓁𝓎𝓃 "𝒷𝒶𝓉𝓉𝓎"
"ɪ ᴡᴀɴɴᴀ ʙᴇ ᴀɴ ɪᴅᴏʟ ᴛᴇᴇɴ,
ɪ ᴡɪsʜ ɪ ʜᴀᴅɴ'ᴛ ʙᴇᴇɴ sᴏ ᴄʟᴇᴀɴ"
16∙female∙vampiric hybrid
tagged; ruby
mentions; none
location; heading towards main hall

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
obscurité glared down at jaclyn, expressing his distaste with her suggestion. ”ok...so, no summoning suitcases. c’mon, it’d be fun, though!” she pouted, the cat shaking his head at her. ”i hate that you understand my every word, yet never respond.” she frowned, turning away from him. not that he cared, he’d moved onto licking his paw. jaclyn turned just in time to see another female heading over. her tail slowed its swishing as she raised a brow.
seolar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby poppyxoxo » Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:45 am

Elodie Farah

Elodie noticed that she had startled the stranger that she had bumped into. She smiled apologetically and swallowed nervously. "I'm still really sorry. I'm really uncoordinated" she laughed jokingly. "And yeah, I'm heading towards the main hall. Honestly, I prefer to walk with people as I won't be as bored" she admitted and looked ahead of her.
poppyxoxo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby seadragonCaspian » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:00 am

Dante Mercer | Male | Homosexual | Student | Elodie Farah | Heading For The Main Hall

Dante shrugged at Elodie when she said she was uncoordinated. He nodded at her to acknowledge that she was going in the same direction. The mage wasn’t sure about what they would talk about but he was okay with walking in silence. He began to continue to walk to the main hall, hoping he hadn’t missed too much

Ruby Rite | Female | Pansexual | Student | Jaclyn | Main Hall

”Hello” She greeted with a smile. “I don’t think I’ve met you before. I’m Ruby” The blonde turned away momentarily to look at the Headmaster as she was getting ready to speak and she should likely pay attention.

Penelope “Penny” Fern | Female | Asexual | Headmaster | All In The Main Hall | Main Hall

Penny waited until the students were quiet then began to speak. “Welcome to those just joining us for the first time, may your magic blossom and grow within these halls” Her eyes surveyed the new faces she could see. “To those returning to Marksborrow, welcome back and may you have a good year. First and foremost, I would like to address the rules” She went on about not killing roommates or each other, staying far, far away from any forbidden magic and curfew for younger students. Older students had a different curfew. “Now then, onto events for this year. We have our usual sport tournaments. Form a team and feel free to sign up. We have the Winters Eve dance near December, holidays on certain days and the graduation ceremonies. Of course there is always the impromptu event. You can always approach me about getting your own events added to the schedule” The woman waited a moment then gestured for the students to move so that the tables could be put into place and dinner could be served..

Willow stepped out of the way so one of the teachers could use their summoning magic to bring forth the tables
seadragonCaspian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby poppyxoxo » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:08 am

Elodie Farah

Elodie noticed that Dante was being quiet, but she shrugged it off and sped up slightly to get playfully ahead of him, searching for people she knew. "So... do you have a group that you hang out with? Or friends in general?" She asked, referring to her own self, having not been befriended yet by anyone.
poppyxoxo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby starlette » Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:53 am

════════ ALYSSA ✿ ELLWOOD ═════════════════════════════════
16 | Female | Human | Bisexual | Student | Location: Main Hall | Tags: None/Open

So here she was, her first year at this school. She'd enrolled here so she could continue her studies at a better school, but felt very... intimidated by the campus, for lack of a better word. She listened quietly to the headmaster's speech. Momentarily forgetting that she was in a sea of unfamiliar faces, Alyssa started mulling over all the possible events. She wasn't a fan of many sports, and the Winter's Eve Dance sounded like it could be fun... The blonde girl glanced around, feeling smaller than she already was. She supposed she'd just follow other students once they started moving.

════════ PAIGE ✷ BECKETT═════════════════════════════════
16 | Female | Human/Faery | Pansexual | Student | Location: Main Hall | Tags: None/Open

Another year, another speech. Paige was personally excited to join the sports teams, and was ready to see her friends again. Of course, the prospect of meeting new friends was always an exciting one for her. Noticing the gesture from the headmaster, the pink haired girl began moving with a small group of students around her. Paige glanced around the hall, searching for any faces she recognized while waiting,
starlette

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me