(New thread!)

For roleplays featuring human or human-like characters which have inhuman abilities or live in an (original) fantasy world. E.g. vampires, shape-shifters, werewolves. However this category does not include roleplays based on existing fandoms such as Twilight or Harry Potter

「 ♛ / THIS TIME I WON'T LET GO !! 」

Postby hellb0und » Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:34 am

x────────────────────xxJENxx────────
        NAME. jennifer dire ` ABILITY. fire manipulation ` TAG(S). gav `
          xxxxxxxx𝐈 𝐀𝐌 𝐀𝐒 𝐃𝐄𝐀𝐃𝐋𝐘 𝐀𝐒 𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐄 𝐈𝐓𝐒𝐄𝐋𝐅.
          xxxxxxxxAny stares the blonde may have received she ignored, keeping her focus ahead. Arietta now occupied, well, all the targets. Arrows were quite literally everywhere, and Atlanta stood nearby. Wanting to avoid conversation with the two, Jen veered off to go busy herself elsewhere. The racks of clothes were still busied by various trainees, but only one person wasn't indulged in talk with another. She walked up to the ocean-eyed boy and looked him up and down, "Were you going for an emo Christmas tree? Or perhaps a burning one?" She inquired with the smallest smirk, her lips actually doing something more that resting in a flat, irritated line. Which was, to put it simply, a near-impossible sight. The experiences she had undergone had long taken their toll on her, and it showed.
hellb0und

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ♚ The Uprising of Delra (closed)

Postby honeybee. » Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:52 am

⋯⋯🥀⋯⋯
Ella Brie
⋯⋯🥀⋯⋯

Ella's face grew hopeful when Evelina's words suggested that her work would soon be over. Every time any kind of announcement was made at the palace her heart dropped, fearing that they would be announcing the wedding date for her and Alastair. For the moment she was only the Prince's betrothed but that couldn't last forever. She was always terrified that the uprising wouldn't succeed before she was forced to become his wife and she would be stuck with in that cage forever. She would understand of course, it would be a position even more powerful dedicated to their cause, but she would still hate every moment of it.
Despite her hope, her jaw dropped when Evelina elaborated. "You.. you want to kidnap him?" She hadn't quite expected this. The Uprising were subtle, kidnapping had never really been in their repertoire. And yes, she hated being betrothed to Prince Alastair. He was inscrutable and manipulative and the son of a tyrant but still.. he wasn't unkind to her. Evelina wasn't wrong, leading him to his place of sanctuary to be carried away did feel a little like betrayal. Still, she could push her guilt aside. She would do whatever was needed.
"I can do it, I can get him there." Her voice was serious and steady upon her second response. Again, the Prince was generally kind, in his strange eloquent way. She could feign that she was overwhelmed returning from her old home to the palace and needed to escape for a while. She could express a desire to get to know him better away from the palace walls, a date as such. There would be some way she could get him to the sanctuary, she was certain of it. Still, the plan worried her a little. It was a huge step to take for their hidden organisation.
"Are you sure he'll work as a bargaining chip? I've never seen the Emperor show any love towards him, even if he is the only heir the Delra." Usually, Ella wouldn't question the wisdom of the Councillors but this was a huge risk, one they couldn't turn back on, and more importantly it was risking the Phoenix Squad. Lanette would be out there, in the team surrounding the Prince's sanctuary. It would be her life at risk, along with the other eighteen year olds. Ella couldn't bear it if that risk wound up for nothing.
honeybee.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ♚ The Uprising of Delra, Chapter One

Postby SunnyJustice » Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:20 pm

Commander Atlanta Hunter
Trans female Bisexual No power
Tags: Arietta

-----Atlanta's expression was impassive and unreadable, but her eyes shone with approval as she watched Arietta shoot. Although her arrows rarely ever flew with murderous intent, she was just as efficient and accurate as Jennifer was.
-----Some of the older commanders might have called this girl out on 'insubordination', but Atlanta didn't care much for that. Her squad was raised to be free spirits, little flames of determination. As such, she tolerated independent attitudes and would even encourage it.
-----Honestly, everyone walked a thin line between independence and anarchy, between discipline and blind obedience. It would be nothing less than a disaster to overthrow Emperor Brungard, only to plunge the country into chaos. It would be even worse if this generation of rebels became the next generation of tyrants. Either of those scenarios were possible without balance. In Atlanta's opinion, few things were more important than maintaining that balance.
-----"Let's say that, in theory, I allowed you to take this 'personal mission'." Atlanta spoke with a patient voice, but one that asked not to be interrupted. "First off, the core of Onetian culture is dignity. Looking and acting sophisticated is only a part. Their honor and morale are most important - act gracefully and others won't question you."
-----She paused for a moment, letting that sink in. Popular stereotype was that Onetians cared most about brands of clothes and designer shoes. Strip all that away, however, and what remained in their hearts would be honor. It was so important to them that even the ruthless ones would not strip another of their dignity. Even the Emperor expressed disapproval of the brutal torture happening to Hope Brie - torture that was being carried out by Thrintians. He only allowed it to continue in the hopes that eventually he'd confess the rebellion's secrets.
-----"Second, you should not contact Ella for any means. She has an important assignment tomorrow evening, and so much hinges on it. And finally, you would rescue your father and return at once. You might see other things that upset you, but they are not your mission."
-----She lowered her voice and leaned in towards Arietta. "I'm not worried about you being captured. I have something for that scenario - but later. The important thing is not to interfere even if your heart tells you to. Promise me this, and... I will take full responsibility that one of my soldiers 'went missing' on the train."
-----Atlanta was honestly not opposed to this undertaking. It was best done sooner rather than later. The entire Uprising was worried Hope Brie would break eventually, and they understood his situation had to be dealt with. Atlanta was not one for mindless killing, but she had a feeling that if Arietta didn't rescue her father alive, another rebel would be sent to solve the problem. And Atlanta did not want another of her soldiers to become an orphan.
-----"Remember, Arietta." The commander didn't blink as her stormy grey eyes stared deep into Arietta's golden-brown ones. "This is your first mission. Do not let it be everyone's last."

Gavotte Lane
Male Heterosexual Hydrokinesis
Tags: Jen

-----Gavotte made a show of looking Fire Girl over, eyes tracing the flames that adorned her dress. He put a hand on his hip and his normally-serious expression morphed into a smirk that matched hers. He wasn't sure why his heart was pounding, but he put on an unruffled air as he spoke in his usual calm tone.
-----"Yes, you can tell I'm out of my element. Fire and water don't normally mix." He chuckled lightly. Here he was, a water manipulator in a forest fire looking outfit. "But I clearly don't care."
-----Again, his eyes wandered to how that dress fit her figure perfectly. Who knew, some silly dress made for Fivanians could bring out the best in her. "Okay. Here's my answer to your question. What if I told you that you inspired this?"

Councillor Evelina Gardener
Female Homosexual No power
Tags: Ella

-----Evelina was not at all surprised by the reaction. The kidnapping and hostage idea was all rather inhumane, especially considering the Prince's activities objectively did not warrant this.
-----The entire country was aware of his habits. He would take a stroll, anywhere from the fieldside trails of Twodor to the snowy reaches of Ninon, and simply correct any issues he saw. Broken windows and unlit alleys were ordered to be fixed immediately. Starving street-dwellers were fed with hearty meals and directed to the nearest hiring store to find employment. Criminals and troublemakers often lived in fear that the Prince's sword of justice would one day find them. Of course, this borderline vigilantism was all part of the image he painstakingly built... but the Prince hadn't directly done many horrible things. Yet.
-----"Thank you, Ella - and you make an excellent point." Evelina smiled as the young woman brought up an important consideration. When Ella spoke up, Evelina took her very seriously. "While I doubt the Emperor cares about his son, he will care about three things: Publicity, morale, and a new heir. It would ruin his image if he ignored his son in need, and that is the first step."
-----Even a tyrant had boundaries. Alastair was tremendously popular in the country, so refusing to help him would be unwise. If that didn't push the nation into revolt, the Emperor still needed to choose a heir from a furious population. Either the Uprising gained some form of leverage, or the country turned against him further. On the other hand, it was alright if the Uprising came off as harsh - having an intimidating reputation had its benefits. And in the end, they didn't need to be liked. They just needed to tip the country from complacent obedience into true revolution.
-----She took the map and fed it into the shredder underneath the desk. She'd memorized it, burned the image into her mind to stay. There was no need to keep a hard copy of this information.
-----"You have every right to be hesitant though." Evelina clasped her hands together on the desk. She was grateful for the glasses she wore - they were like her armor, despite being clear lenses. Without them, the world would feel too close and too real. "To be honest, I might seem calm but I've never been this nervous. This is us moving into a new stage of rebellion. This is no normal kidnapping, it's an act of war."
-----Not only was this their first public move, it was blatant and it was terribly ambitious. Kidnapping the Prince of Delra with a newly graduated squad on their then-second mission. It was more symbolic than anything: Alastair, the symbol of hope being kidnapped by the Phoenix Squad, the symbol of revolution.
-----His reputation was a little tragic in the grand scheme of things. He seemed so much better than his father, the people clung to him. They eagerly awaited the day he took the throne, hence him being a symbol of hope. But if the rebellion succeeded, his family's tyrannical empire would be finished anyway. Hope would arrive but not in the form of the Delran Prince.
-----"Now, if this succeeds, it's your choice what to do with the 'relationship', to keep pretending or not. I'll let you decide what the best course of action is."
SunnyJustice

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

「 ♛ / I'D RATHER DIE !! 」

Postby hellb0und » Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:34 pm

x────────────────────xxJENxx────────
        NAME. jennifer dire ` ABILITY. fire manipulation ` TAG(S). gav `
          xxxxxxxx𝐈 𝐀𝐌 𝐀𝐒 𝐃𝐄𝐀𝐃𝐋𝐘 𝐀𝐒 𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐄 𝐈𝐓𝐒𝐄𝐋𝐅.
          xxxxxxxxGavotte hadn't been very discreet in checking her out, in fact, he was doing it right before her very eyes. She didn't sqiurm under the newfound attention though, just went on pretending it wasn't there. Upon hearing his comment she shrugged, honestly having no idea as to what she should say. Of course her previous comment was a complete and utter joke, after all, fashion was the farthest thing from her mind. She could have cared less what he or anyone else looked like. Her whole life consisted of dressing plainly, and in whatever had been most comfortable to her. Which was most often a pair of jeans, her worn-in knee-high boots, a tank top, and a jacket. "Well, then fire may just be your element too," she finally said. She gestured him towards the weapons, turning around and walking towards the table to look over what was left. "This has to be yours," she stated as she picked up a butterfly knife. She handed the knife over to him, her own weapon in her other hand.
hellb0und

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby marimo. » Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:04 pm

▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ αяуѕ ѕℓαтє █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁

❝ιf ι ¢αи вє σf αиу нєℓρ, ι'ℓℓ єνєи вє¢σмє α яєαℓ мσиѕтєя❞
~18~Female~Werewolf~Mood: tired, absolutely disgusted~Location: training room~Tags: Ardai~Mentions: none~
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Arys winces subconsciously at the word furball but chooses to laugh off the reminder of the moon. "And believe me when I say you are extremely visible." The proclaimed "furball" rolls her eyes at Ardai's idiocracy. "Of course you haven't heard of behave. And thanks." She replies as a pair of heels are thrown at her feet. She slips into the ridiculous pants and a matching top most unwillingly, taking care not to hurt her sensitive tail. Slipping on the wedges, she feels unsteady just standing around in them. "Oh, boy." She exhales and tries to keep herself upright as Ardai places what Arys can only call a giant broccoli on her head. "Of course I like vegetables! I will defend the broccoli and all of vegetablehood with my life!" She exclaims jokingly. If she is being honest, she hates anything remotely vegetable-like, but you learn to take what you get when you have no parents.
Stumbling carefully over to the weapons table, she notices Dakota leaving with two swords in hand. The shadow-user must have arrived late, as usual. Arys laughs quietly to herself and skims over the weapons on the table. On the far end of the large table that once held many weapons, she notices what look like metal gloves. Interest piqued, she picks them up gingerly and examines them. They weren't quite gloves, but close in structure. The gold metal is meant to be latched around her hand snugly so as not to fall off, and the edges of the "gloves" were sharpened into thin points. Clearly, they were meant to be used as claws in both her human and wolf form, as the sharp parts of the device were lengthy and provided at least a little reach for her. Curious, she straps the mechanisms to her hands, and taking a deep breath, shifts into a wolf. She growls, pleased to see the claws fit perfectly onto her front paws. They would make her a much more formidable opponent in battle now, not that fighting a wolf is easy.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
˜”*°•.˜”*°•𝔻𝕒𝕜𝕠𝕥𝕒 "𝕌𝕞𝕓𝕣𝕒" 𝕊𝕥𝕖𝕖𝕝•°*”˜.•°*”˜

❝𝕎𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝕕𝕠 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕨𝕒𝕟𝕥 𝕗𝕣𝕠𝕞 𝕞𝕖? 𝕎𝕙𝕪 𝕕𝕠𝕟'𝕥 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕣𝕦𝕟 𝕗𝕣𝕠𝕞 𝕞𝕖?❞
~18~female~umbrakinesis~mood: eh~location: training room~tags: Atlanta~ mentions: Atlanta~
Dakota strides confidently into the training room, knowing full well that she is late. She had been sending one of her shadows to steal some food from the cafetorium and the time had...slipped by, she decided she'd tell Atlanta if the commander asked. Despite her endless patience, she assumed it bothered the commander that she is always late for everything, though she is thankful to have never been lectured about it. Dakota has to give it to her. Between her and Ardai, and then the rest of the squad, things could get kind of crazy. Looking around at the other members, she grimaces at the outlandish outfits used. They were certainly different from anything she'd ever seen. Her family had come from the cold shores of Ninon, so she had never even herad of outfits like these. She can't honestly even be sure if they're outfits so much as torture devices.
Sauntering over to the weapons with her usual smirk in place, Dakota takes her time examining the weapons that were left. Being late means that she doesn't get first choice at weapons, but she is willing to make that small sacrifice. Her eyes light up at the sight of a pair of long, silver katanas. While slender, the weapons clearly have weight to them. She'd have to test them out in a few minutes. Hands shaking with excitement, the girl quickly snags the swords and tosses them expertly from hand to hand, getting a feel for their design and weight. With a shock, Dakota realises the swords were engineered exactly to her liking. Someone has been paying attention to my preferences. She grins. Taking a quick glance around the room, she spies Atlanta talking with Arietta by the archery targets. Walking over, she simply stands a few feet away from the two, watching them curiously while waiting for a chance to talk.
Last edited by marimo. on Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"ι ∂σ тнιηgѕ му σωη ωαу, ѕσ ∂ση'т gινє мє αηу ℓιρ αвσυт ιт."
──────────────────────────────────────────
linklinklink
link•link•link•

hey all, I'm marimo! I'm a fun l
oving person who enjoys sports,
anime, and drawing! I'm on her
e a lot in my free time so feel f
ree to pm me if you need any h
elp or simply someone to talk t
o! I like to roleplay and can be
found browsing that forum!
───────{яσяσησα zσℓσ}───
be sure to ch.
eck out the l.
inks to some.
great rolepla.
ys and shops!.
{ριяαтє нυηтєя}───
───{тυяηє∂ ριяαтє}
marimo.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cocogerber13 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:54 am

Caleb Oxenbera——————————
♠︎ // Phoenix Squad Recruit // Beast Summoning // Tags: Sonata

A cheeky grin was present on Caleb’s face as he watched Sonata observe the rest of their peers. Some of them really did find outfits that matched their personalities- definitely not Lanette’s- and the late teen couldn’t help but notice the beauty in the flashiness of some of them. Naevys, Leo, and of course Sonata certainly made him hold his gaze, and so did the more ridiculous performances of some of the others (though perhaps with differing attitudes lol).

His partner’s comment brought on a light-hearted “Well, technically we are just a bunch of kids playing dress up” from the dark haired summoner. He didn’t dwell on the thought for too long in case a bit of last minute panic set in, and instead focused his attention on Sonata’s next sentence. “Hm, well I’m sure we’ll head there before too long. I’d like to visit there if- when we get the chance.” He quickly fixed his thought. He couldn’t doubt their mission now, right before they left! Caleb gave a quiet murmur of agreement at the mention of his travel-pillow-collar, the brief look of uncertainty on his face hidden from sight.

As they made their way over to Atlanta and the weapons table, Caleb cheerfully guided the plant manipulator with an eye-catching arm sleeve. He flashed his free hand at a quick wave to their commander and scanned the neat lines of miscellaneous ranged, close-combat, and stealth tools of the trade. “Hm, I could’ve sworn there was a dagger that caught my eye earlier-“ he said quietly, suddenly looking up in realisation to see Onyx spinning two shiny knives around his hands. Though Caleb saw it as a missed opportunity, he didn’t think to dwell on it and instead settled on an intricate but tarnished silver and wood crossbow. He had never actually gotten much experience with such a weapon, however it was far easier to aim than some of the other long distance weapons and didn’t require too much practice to get the hang of. Just as he popped a good amount of bolts into his coat pocket, his dark turquoise eyes flitted over to Sonata. Though maybe a little timid, the sword she held in her arms now seemed quite literally made for her. “Nattie, the blade fits you!” Caleb blurted out excitedly, already giving her a nickname. “I don’t doubt that you will. If not to catch the traitors, than to help defend against any guards that might be about. I trust you’ll watch my back?” A playful, yet somehow still serious side-smile rose to his cheeks.

——————

Onyx Carriado——————————
♣︎ // Phoenix Squad Recruit // Acrobat // Tags: Brenn, Riley

Onyx erupted in another fit of giggles when their friend went along with the pirate idea, catching their breath when they were afraid they’d pass out. The sea was a nice thing to think about but it was so far out of the course that the kid didn’t think they should get their hopes up. This was their first time really going out, and any kind of nature would do the acrobat some good. Who knew, maybe they’d be allowed to climb a tree. Er, if they made any pit stops, anyway.

“I can walk in these perfectly fine right now!” Onyx protested with a false pout when Brenn criticised their exaggerated steps. “And I don’t see why you don’t want to take part in THE event of the rest of our fifteen minutes!” They crossed their arms across their chest and hopped up and down in place, almost as if to prove their confidence with the moon shoes. Onyx even tossed in a mid-air spin. They only stopped to stand still when Brenn made a few snowflakes, watching with silent curiosity and their head cocked to the side. It was a sad amount compared to what they’d witnessed the cryokinetic summon in the past, but they figured he knew the most about his own powers.

At the offer of using a pile of clothes, a large smile lit up Onyx’s face again. “Oh man, you’re a genius! Although I’m really relying on these puppies to take the force of the fall.” They crouched and patted the side of a shoe the same way a salesman would slap the roof of a car. They subconsciously unsheathed their daggers to spin around their fingers as they trudged around kicking up discarded clothing into a shallow pile, then repleaced them when they finished. “I’ll have you know I always land on my feet, and I’ll probably only have one chance at it before Atlanta sees what we’re up to.” Onyx tried to force their troublesome grin down as they finished the sad excuse for a landing area.

Violet eyes grazed the commander’s face as they checked for an open spot but couldn’t help but notice the neon highlighter that seemed to have just finished getting dressed. “Hey, Riley!” Onyx waved over. “You’re pretty darn noticeable. You wanna distract Atlanta while I jump up to the ceiling?” Their volume was honestly loud enough that the woman in question most likely heard, but at this point Onyx couldn’t really care less.
╔══════════════════════════════════╗
☾ Hello! I'm Cocogerber13, °˖✧

but feel free to call me Coco.
toyhouse|IG|art gallery|
DA|FR|art fight|Character shop
♢I write, draw, and rp!♢

Current interests: Fionna & Cake/Adventure Time, Genshin Impact, HSR, Baldur’s Gate 3, botw, fe3h, Ev.e, MILGRAM, ORV & Twisted Wonderland

Image Image Image

╚══════════════════════════════════╝
cocogerber13

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby honeybee. » Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:29 am

⋯⋯🥀⋯⋯
Ella Brie
⋯⋯🥀⋯⋯

Ella nodded as Evelina explained why the whole hostage plan was likely to make a difference. "The people certainly do love the Prince." While the Emperor terrified, Prince Alastair showed kindness and mercy. The citizens of Delra would not be happy if the Emperor openly betrayed his son.
As Evelina went on a sense of unease fell over her. If the Councillor of Intelligence was nervous then Ella was right to be worried. Once this 'act of war' had been carried out they would all be in danger. That danger wouldn't end until the moment the Brungards were removed from power. Neither would it rest solely on the shoulders of the Phoenix Squad and the other rebels actually out on their missions, everyone who considered themselves a rebel or associated with a rebel or even seemed a tiny bit rebellious would probably end up in the blast zone of the Emperor's anger. That meant Matty and Mia and the twins along with everyone else she held dear. Yet, if this didn't happen they'd be stuck, spying on the outskirts of this tyrant's Delra forever.
Evelina finished by offering Ella the choice of what would happen to her and Alastair's feigned 'relationship' after the kidnapping. It shouldn't be a difficult decision. She held no love for the Prince and had spent a great quantity of time longing for the moment she'd finally be free of this engagement. But still, she wanted him as cooperative as possible when he was brought into headquarters. Not only that but the poor man would have just been kidnapped from the only safe haven he seemed to have, tyrant's son or not it felt a little cruel to take so much away from him in such a short time. It didn't matter. She could make a decision when the time came, once they knew exactly what they were working with.
"Presumably, when you inform the Emperor of his son's kidnapping you'll tell him I was kidnapped too." Ella's voice was questioning. "There would only be two reasonable conclusions if I vanished at the same time as the Prince and I'd prefer not to be the only rebel with a face the Emperor can identify. Not yet, anyway."

⋯⋯⋯⋯ ❄️⋯⋯⋯⋯
Brenn Lucasta
⋯⋯⋯⋯❄️⋯⋯⋯⋯

I'll try to get a response up for Brenn tomorrow. Every post I see of Onyx makes me love them a little bit more. 😄
honeybee.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ♚ The Uprising of Delra, Chapter One

Postby SunnyJustice » Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:56 pm

Commander Atlanta Hunter
Trans female Bisexual No power
Tags: Arietta, Dakota

-----The commander was satisfied she'd said the necessary things to Arietta. The brown-eyed soldier probably needed some time to digest the situation, so when Atlanta noticed another rebel approaching out of the corner of her eye, she turned and gave a small wave of greeting.
-----"That's all. I'll let you think it over," She told Arietta, patting her on the shoulder with a fond smile. Atlanta was a young commander. She remembered what it was like, being a new recruit under the scrutiny of an intimidating leader. Her commander made everyone stand ramrod straight while he screamed in their faces. That was not the type of leader Atlanta wanted to be - she genuinely cared for the Phoenix Squad and wanted them to feel comfortable with her. Even if that meant giving them certain freedoms the Council would not approve of.
-----Such as Dakota here. She was late, but Atlanta had come to expect that. She was a smart girl and could catch up quickly if she wanted. It just depended if she was... actually in the mood. She was certainly one of the more independent ones, especially with her Ninon heritage.
-----"Nice to have you join us," Atlanta said with her familiar smile. "I see you already found your weapons. Did you want me to recap the mission, or are you thinking of staying home this time?"
-----She left it open-ended. Any soldier in her squad could opt out of a mission if they weren't ready. Nobody had approached her with that request, but Atlanta wouldn't judge for it. She remembered her days as a fresh recruit, side-by-side with her friends Tyranne and Evelina. Yes, back then, Councillor Evelina was in training to be a soldier. The first mission had been overwhelming for her. She wasn't ready, and their commander turned his back on her pleas.
-----Atlanta had a brief flash of memory, Tyranne cradling a barely-alive Evelina as they rushed from the wreckage. The mission had gone horribly wrong, but it could have been worse. Much, much worse.
-----On that day, eighteen-year-old Atlanta vowed she'd be a different sort of commander. One who took the time to understood her soldiers, who would never force them into something they weren't ready for. Evelina had been lucky. Atlanta could not count on a similar stroke of luck happening again. Dakota was strong and intelligent, but a soldier's heart needed to be in the mission for them to succeed.

Gavotte Lane
Male Heterosexual Hydrokinesis
Tags: Jen

-----Gavotte chuckled at the fire-wielder's comment. By this point, she had certainly noticed his blatant interest in her outfit starting earlier. He didn't consider himself very expressive for the most part, but today he was being very obvious, impossible to miss.
-----"Fire, my element? I'll take that as a compliment." He smiled and followed her to the weapons. Maybe he needed to wear fiery colors more often, since it was his blazing outfit that called her over here today. He quickly berated himself for obsessing over an outfit. What had gotten into him?
-----Jen handed him what appeared to be two conjoined handles, and Gavotte took it with two hands. It was the respectful way to accept a gift in Eighnes, where his parents were from. He unfolded the blade from inside the butterfly knife and snapped it out with a graceful flip of the wrist. It was contoured with a single ocean-blue blaze.
-----"Looks like Atlanta hasn't caught up with my new element," He said, tracing the blue spot with his finger. He closed his hands around the now-extended handle and readied his knife, as if about to fight an invisible opponent. It fit perfectly in his hand. "Either way, I can watch your back if we're partnered up. You shoot them down, I stab any traitor or guard who gets close." There was no hesitation in his eyes. Gavotte wasn't the pacifist his sister was - he wouldn't hold back against anyone who attacked his friends.

Ardai Fairchild
Male Heterosexual Invisibility
Tags: Arys

-----Arys just said he was extremely visible - an enormous compliment for this obnoxious teenager. Ardai pumped his fist in the air and hollered, "Yes!"
-----He grinned even wider as Arys vowed to protect vegetablekind. Now, to match Wolf Girl with an equally garden-themed accessory. Ardai lowered his orange hoop skirt to his hips - it would tickle to waddle around with the thing up to his armpits. Plus, he needed to stack more layers of clothes onto himself. He grabbed the nearest 'green' thing, which happened to be a frilly tube top. He shimmied into it, then tucked his regular shirt into the bottom. This made it even puffier. Ardai was essentially an enormous, oddly shaped carrot now.
-----To cover up his exposed belly button (how scandalous!), he tied a huge rainbow-striped scarf around his midsection. The bow he tied was in the middle, though. Too proper. Ardai adjusted it to be lopsided, and slightly to the right. Now he was a weird carrot on heels with a rainbow scarf around himself. Oh, and a phoenix feather looking hat.
-----In his fashion craze, the idiot didn't realize his friend left. He looked around like a child lost in Thrinton's shopping malls until he found her. She was in wolf form and at the weapons. Excited as heck, Ardai toddled over to her with as much enthusiasm and grace as a peg legged clown.
-----"Wow, your claws look even scarier. Sure am glad you're on our side!" Ardai snickered. Despite the laughter, he was being honest. A normal werewolf was difficult enough, let alone one with reinforced claws. This would be horrifying for the poor idiots who crossed them.
-----"Did Atlanta leave a pair for me? Of course she did, she loves me." Ardai looked over the nearly-empty weapons table. The spear immediately caught his eye. He grabbed for it, fumbled, and the blade cut into his beloved skirt.
-----"Nooo!" He exclaimed dramatically, soap opera level dramatically. The moron was over it in like two seconds. He picked up the spear properly, then tore the hanging strip off his skirt and fastened it below the blade. Now there was a super cool orange flag attached to his ultra-awesome weapon. It was the tallest weapon here, even taller than Riley.
-----"There, aren't I creative? We should fight. I bet I'll win, I mean look at this thing." He grinned at Arys, actually hoping she'd say no. Otherwise he would be slightly terrified.

Sonata Thornwood
Female Pansexual Botanokinesis
Tags: caleb ahh

-----A slight feeling of unease came over the brunette at Caleb's words. What did he mean by if they got the chance? Sonata peeked up at him concernedly, but didn't press the matter. She doubted the words would come out in an appropriate manner. She'd probably make things worse and then he'd hate her forever! Okay, now she was actually slightly panicking. Not even because of the dangerous mission, but rather because her squad-mate might stop being friends with her. She was glad that the moment passed quickly.
-----After Caleb led her to the weaponry and she'd selected her sword, she watched the tall boy curiously. The other weapons were recently made as the commander said, but the crossbow he held seemed much older. Sonata hadn't noticed it before because of the duller colors. Now she was intrigued - was this a heirloom of sorts? Maybe it had a history. Maybe, just maybe, it once belonged to the absolutely hot Annika Silk, mayor of Eighnes...
-----Caleb's voice snapped her out of her thoughts. Sonata shook her head and blinked twice, looking absolutely lost until she realized Nattie was her new nickname. Omgosh he gave me a nickname? Ahh! That is so cute, I'm gonna die! She thought, and fortunately she kept it in her head. That would be super-embarrassing.
-----"Ah! Thank you!" She squeaked, hoping her face hadn't gone red again. Sonata looked down at the sword in her hands, the one he was talking about. She'd almost forgotten she was holding it.
-----Caleb continued to encourage her, and Sonata's timidity gave way to a fiercely determined smile. He was asking her to watch his back? There was no way she would let him down. "Of course! No one will even get close enough to learn your eye color. It's a very nice color by the way!" She exclaimed as she clasped her hands together around the sword hilt. Emboldened by his request, she had the sudden urge to bring up her concerns from earlier. Maybe that 'if' was just a slip of the tongue, but Sonata had a tendency to overthink and all the possibilities were milling around in her head.
-----"I think this mission won't be as bad as it sounds. They probably already have guys in Fivana dealing with it. And even so, no one's gonna get hurt on my watch, I-I promise!" Bright enthusiasm shone in her emerald eyes as she raised a pinky in the air. She was trying to reassure herself as much as reassuring him, but she tried not to show it. (She probably failed.) "Pinky promise?"

Councillor Evelina Gardener
Female Homosexual No power
Tags: Ella

-----Ella's request was rational and reasonable - there was no need for further deliberation. "Brilliant thinking, and you're completely right. If we even hint at your being a spy, the propaganda would blow it to proportions I don't want to imagine." It was true the rebels didn't need the citizens' love, but they needed respect. Revealing Ella's true allegiances too early could easily shatter any chance of that. They would be known as the terrorists who infiltrated the Palace of Swords and planted a spy to steal the Prince's vulnerable young heart, before betraying him and stealing him away from his people. As Ella hinted, it would also put her in too much danger. Not just the Emperor, but the entire country would be after her: The heartless traitor who seduced the 'symbol of hope' and extinguished his light from Delra.
-----"We will keep up the act," Evelina assured her. "We won't make any final decisions about it without you. This is your life on the stake - your work is so noble for the cause, but you matter too. Please remember that when you head back into the field."
-----"You matter too." Something she wished her old commander would've said to her, back in the days she was a soldier. It was important that Ella heard these words, because they were true. She was much more than a piece in the elaborate chess game they had concocted. Each rebel was a human being with hopes and dreams - just like the innocent citizens of the country they fought to free.
-----"Do you have any questions, or anything you feel you should say?" Evelina asked, leaning back slightly. The debriefing was officially over, but she would hear anything Ella felt she needed to talk about.
SunnyJustice

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheFae » Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:26 am

Arietta Rerum
Power: Truth Knower
Tagged: Atlanta and OPEN

Arietta noticed Jen and Dakota milling about, so she knew her time with the Commander was short, but she listened intently. She filed everything in her head, nodding her head to convey she understood. But as she was listening, she started thinking. She knew a lot was riding on this. If she failed, she would ruin everything. She was starting to wonder if it was too much of a task to take on individually. She was going in all alone, into an unknown area, with no resources. Arietta couldn't help but think of she was way in over her head. Most importantly, Arietta couldn't promise her emotions wouldn't get in the way. She knew it was a lie to guarantee that. Her smile died from her face, and her heart fell a little, but she knew what the right decision would be. She knew what she had to do, even if it meant postponing her personal mission.
"Commander, I'm sorry for wasting your time, but now that I am listening to you and thinking more, I think I jumped in irrationally. My want to get my father out is overriding what is responsible and what should be done. I cannot promise that my emotions will not get in the way, and I know I tend to make more irrational decisions when this happens." Arietta stated, looking away for a moment as her eyes started tearing, but then returning Atlanta's stare. "I will be a good soldier and follow orders and go to Fivena. It is where I am needed, and I know I am better suited there. I still have a lot to learn, and I think my personal mission is just a bit too far out of my skill range without interfering with something else. I'm just not ready, and I realize that now, since you've been explaining more things. But thank you for listening to me." Arietta knew in her gut that she was way in over her head. She couldn't go on this mission with the promise of not jeopardizing everything the Rebels have worked for. She didn't even know the first thing about Oneta. She took a deep breath and bowed her head with respect.
"I'll start getting ready for the mission. Thank you for the new bow, I love it." She stated, smiling as she breathed her sadness away. Her father would still be coming home, just not as soon as she had hoped. But this was also a good lesson learned: the think a little more about the bigger picture.
Arietta then turned to the table of clothes, letting the colors calm and recenter her emotions and thoughts. When the war was over, she just wanted to be surrounded with color. She wanted to be an artist, painting day and night. As she was picking through, she noticed that Sonata, one of her best friends, was with a boy. A cute boy. A blushing boy. And Sonata was blushing as well. She immediately smiled, her happiness bouncing back as she saw their happiness. They were cute together. Arietta would have to snag her other friend, Ella, to see if she could help set the two lovebirds up.
Arietta dug through the pile of clothes, trying to put as many colors on her body as possible. If it was a different color, she grabbed it. And then, she smiled as she beheld make-up on the table.
"Does anyone need their make-up to be finished? I can do it for you!" Arietta announced, immediately knowing how she would do her face. She then grabbed feathers, intending to weave it into her braids in her hair. Her mind drifted away from her father, and more towards what she would wear. She wanted to look like she was born from a rainbow. She grabbed a light-purple skirt that flowed, and ripped a v-shape out of the front so others could see the bright red pants she was wearing. Her shirt was a dark green, and her gloves were a teal and a bright orange. She proceeded to braid all different colored feathers into her hair, as she looked at the make-up to decide how she wanted to paint herself.
Last edited by TheFae on Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

KellyArtemisFae
she/her pronounsengineerwriter

for the strength of the pack is the wolf,
and the strength of the
wolf is the pack.

EruditeDistrict Ravenclaw

signature & avatar made by

TheFae

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby marimo. » Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:36 am

▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ αяуѕ ѕℓαтє █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁

❝ιf ι ¢αи вє σf αиу нєℓρ, ι'ℓℓ єνєи вє¢σмє α яєαℓ мσиѕтєя❞
~18~Female~Werewolf~Mood: tired, absolutely disgusted~Location: training room~Tags: Ardai~Mentions: none~
Just when the werewolf thinks Ardai's outfit couldn't become any more ridiculous, the trickster somehow becomes a deformed carrot and rips his skirt in half when picking out his weapon. Honestly, Arys doesn't even know how the commander can even trust this moron with a weapon. This is it, she thinks jokingly to herself, We are all going to get caught and the mission will be ruined because of Ardai. This she knows isn't true though. While Ardai is a complete idiot, he's not so much of a complete idiot that he'll let himself mess up their first mission.
When he offers to fight, Arys thinks she can hear the slightest amount of tension in his voice, and suddenly realises that he's scared of her. This is too much for the wolf, and she lets out a barking laugh, baring her teeth in a wolfish smile. Despite the powerhouse that she is in wolf form, there are little ways for Arys to communicate with her human friends, though she thinks all of them can get the gist of what she is trying to say most of the time. Shaking her head, she fake-claws at Ardai's legs, just to see what he'll do, before shifting back to a human to speak. "The only two outcomes of us fighting are me getting skewered or you in the infirmary covered with claw marks. I'd like to avoid both before our first mission." Arys jokes, saving Ardai the terror of having to fight a werewolf. "Don't worry, you'll get to see me in all my blazing glory later, if I don't fall on my face first." Remembering the heels she's wearing, she takes a few steps in place to acclimate herself to them so she'll have at least some grace when she's in Fivana.

˜”*°•.˜”*°•𝔻𝕒𝕜𝕠𝕥𝕒 "𝕌𝕞𝕓𝕣𝕒" 𝕊𝕥𝕖𝕖𝕝•°*”˜.•°*”˜

❝𝕎𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝕕𝕠 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕨𝕒𝕟𝕥 𝕗𝕣𝕠𝕞 𝕞𝕖? 𝕎𝕙𝕪 𝕕𝕠𝕟'𝕥 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕣𝕦𝕟 𝕗𝕣𝕠𝕞 𝕞𝕖?❞
~18~female~umbrakinesis~mood: lets do this~location: training room~tags: Atlanta~ mentions: Arietta~
Shooting a lopsided grin at the commander before looking down at her weapons, Dakota nods. "Yeah, thanks commander. They're great!" There are few people who know Dakota's preferences for her swords, and the commander is one of them, so the recruit decides to make the assumption that it was the commander who had put in the request for the weapons. Out of the corner of her eye, she notices Arietta slink out of the room, but, seeing as Dakota herself does this often, pays no mind to it, wishing the girl luck in whatever she is doing/ trying to do. When the commander presents the option of staying home, Dakota is surprised. She never even thought of missing out on a mission. To her, it always just went without saying that she'd be on a mission, no matter how late she is. "Why, commander, you continue to surprise me!" Dakota replies. "I never even gave a thought to the option of staying home. But I've pumped myself up too much, even going so far as cutting my forehead open--" She gestures jokingly to the newly made scar on her forehead, "--to let this chance pass me by. I'm so ready for this. The mission part, not the torture devices that the Fivanians call clothing." Honestly, Dakota doesn't know what she's going to do for clothing. Whatever, I'll just throw something on. We better not have to perform a mission in this province ever again. The recruit sighs internally and shivers, partially from the cold and partially from excitement. She tries to think of the lovely katanas she now owns to take her mind off of the clothes, but fails as the next words that are out of her mouth are, "So what's up with the Fivers? They have some sort of fashion crisis that only the Phoenix Squad can help with? Because seriously, they need help with their fashion choices. That I will gladly help out with if only to spare my eyes." Dakota just can't seem to stop lingering on the sore subject of the clothes, but complaining is something she does best, so she just rolls with it and waits for the commander's response.
"ι ∂σ тнιηgѕ му σωη ωαу, ѕσ ∂ση'т gινє мє αηу ℓιρ αвσυт ιт."
──────────────────────────────────────────
linklinklink
link•link•link•

hey all, I'm marimo! I'm a fun l
oving person who enjoys sports,
anime, and drawing! I'm on her
e a lot in my free time so feel f
ree to pm me if you need any h
elp or simply someone to talk t
o! I like to roleplay and can be
found browsing that forum!