Your Friendly Neighborhood Government Sanctioned Superheroes

For roleplays featuring human or human-like characters which have inhuman abilities or live in an (original) fantasy world. E.g. vampires, shape-shifters, werewolves. However this category does not include roleplays based on existing fandoms such as Twilight or Harry Potter

Your Friendly Neighborhood Government Sanctioned Superheroes

Postby Metronome » Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:16 am

No longer accepting characters at this time.

Everyone loves a good superhero story: the action, the drama, the incredible feats! When evil enters the playing field, our heroes are quick to take a stand. That's what the public sees. But what goes on behind the scenes?

Heroes used to be a freerange affair, back in the old glory days. They fought who they wanted to fight, when they wanted to fight them. These days, vigilante justice is seen as just too much of a risk. Unregistered heroes are now arrested and given a choice: attend New Horizon Academy for Superhuman Individuals, or be destroyed. When a new hero manifests powers, they are required to register and attend the Academy immediately, or be apprehended.

Ever since the rise of the Academy, destruction caused by superhero incidents have fallen. No longer does the public have to fear being caught in the crossfire of a battle between these super charged individuals. Supervillains have dwindled, and the public loves their heroes more than ever. Comics, action figures, and movies are all being produced in their likeliness, all under the keen eye of New Horizon.

Once these heroes graduate the Academy, they take up residence at the Tower: the largest gathering of heroes under one roof. Here, they eat, sleep, and live together, awaiting their next mission. Missions are doled out by New Horizon, following a algorithm that combines powers, skills, and experience to create the perfect team ups for the job. The heroes? Well, they have no say in the matter.

In fact, these people that the public sees as gods among men are little more than slaves. They have no choice but to work for New Horizon. Refusal to cooperate ends in destruction. Rebellion is squashed. Those who pose a risk to New Horizon are fitted with control bracelets that dampen the hero's powers until they are needed. Some of the more threatening flight risks are also given implants are the base of their neck that, in the event they turn on their keepers, they are immediately destroyed. While the Tower may be a prison lined with gold, it is still very much a prison.

In this story, we will be playing heroes who have already graduated the Academy and are taking up residence at the Tower. They will be working for New Horizon for most the first arc, until something happens to make them rebel and try to destroy their keepers, starting the second arc.
Last edited by Metronome on Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:10 am, edited 3 times in total.
Metronome

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

New Horizon

Postby Metronome » Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:21 am

RP Rules:

1: No overpowered characters. I'll let you know what's too OP.

2: As of right now, I'm not accepting villains. This RP focuses on the hero side of the story.

3: Characters must be 18+

4: Post forms HERE

New Horizon Rules: (may be broken)

1: Do not fraternize with vigilantes.

2: Do as ordered when in the field. Do not stray from the mission plan.

3: Leaving the Tower without authorization is forbidden.

4: No secret identities. Your real name must be public knowledge.

5: Any talk of rebellion is to be reported immediately. If you fail to report such incidents, you will be punished as well.

The Tower

The Tower is a manmade marvel. It is the tallest sky scraper in the country, and has anything that anyone would need without leaving the premises. The bottom floors are offices were the New Horizon staff work. There is also a cafeteria for workers and heroes, should they not want to cook for themselves. The middle floors house the heroes' living quarters. Each hero is given a spacious apartment that includes a bathroom, living room, kitchen, and bedroom. The upper floors offer recreation. There is a training room with simulations that help the heroes train for battle, a sports center with full size tennis court, soccer field, basket ball court, and swimming pool. On the very top of the tower is a small park that offers the heroes fresh air. There is grass, a small pond, a volleyball net, and several spots to have a quiet rest. The park is secured by an invisible force field dome, however, so don't get any ideas.

The Apartments and dress code

The heroes' apartments offer a great view of the city. They are each 900 square feet, and are equipped with anything the hero needs. Groceries can be ordered so that the hero may eat a customized diet should they wish. Menus for the cafeteria are offered daily. Communal laundry facilities can be found on every residential floor. Bathrooms offer endless hot water and a spa tub. Cable and streaming services are equipped in every room. Apartments may be decorated to match the hero's individual tastes.

There is no need for a wide array of clothing, as you are given a uniform to be worn around the tower. Hero uniforms consist of comfortable, functional grey jumpsuits. Tank tops, t-shirts, shorts and pants are also supplied for athletic activities or casual wear. But worry not, you can choose your own superhero outfit to wear in the field! Given that it is approved by New Horizon, of course.
Last edited by Metronome on Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Metronome

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Roster

Postby Metronome » Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:03 am

Character forms: Feel free to add, but you can not subtract.

Name:
Alias:
Precautions: (Destruction chip? Dampening bracelets? Both? None?)

Powers:

Personality:

Appearance:

Other:

History:

Character Roster

Ka'van Soeray / Wraith / 25 / Male-Hermaphrodite / Shadow manipulation, telekinesis, phases through solid objects

Elise Fairview / Lucky Charm / 21 / Female/ Luck, lightning summoning

Alas Chi / Ready-Woman / 26 / Female / Dimensional Storage

Patrick Owen Sutton / Frostbite / 22 / Male / Cryokinesis, teleportation

Acacia Jin / Death-defying Demon / 27 / Female / Healing factor

Alder Jin / Right Arm / 21 / Male / Super strength

Emery / The Being Of Many Faces / 21 / Agender / Shape shifting, slime physiology

Misha Khabarovski / Colossus / 28 / Male / Turns into metal, super strength

Teriel Alchizehrede / Zenith / 18 / Agender, Female / Energy blasts, invisibility, illusions, flight

Last edited by Metronome on Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:38 am, edited 3 times in total.
Metronome

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Episode One

Postby Metronome » Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:08 pm

Episode 1

Calling all villains...

So you know how I stated in the rules that I didn't want anyone playing villains? Well now everyone gets to play a villain! Episode One: Jailbreak sees a handful of nefarious do-wrongs escaping prison and attacking the city out of spite. Each one of you guys gets to make your own villain for this mini-plot to fight our beloved heroes.

Rules:

1: Most importantly, be prepared for your villain to never make another appearance outside of this episode. Because it's very likely that they won't. Don't get too attached.

2: You will not be allowed to pin your own hero against your own villain. You will be using your villain against another player's hero.

3: Remember: The point isn't for your villain to win. If you create an unbeatable or too powerful villain, this whole thing will drag out way too long. And nobody wants that.

Spear of Justice wrote:
Pirlanta Panthra / Age ?? / Male / Giant leopard, crystallization
Still at large / Assigned to the Death-Defying Demon

Joanna Cargill / 30's / Female / Superhuman strength & durability

Still at large / Assigned to Frostbite

Leroy McKinley / 27 / Male / Plant & pollen manipulation

Still at large / Assigned to the Being of Many Faces

Thomas Jaxon / 34 / Male / Control over animals

Still at large / Assigned to Abyss

Darius McCarthy / 29 / Male / Atmokinesis

Still at large / Assigned to Wraith

Keith Marshall / 27 / Male / Invisibility, superhuman reflexes & agility

Still at large / Assigned to Lucky Charm

Red Leg / 31 / Male / Pyrokinesis

Still at large / Assigned to the Right Arm

Jenny Rivers / 18 / Female / Vector plates

Still at large / Assigned to the Colossus
Last edited by Metronome on Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
Metronome

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Wraith

Postby Metronome » Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:19 am

Floor 35, Room 2c

Bleep Bleep

Bleep Bleep

Bleep Bleep

"Trouble, sir?"

A man with greying hair sat at the end of a long conference table, every set of eyes in the meeting looking at him with anticipation. The man reached into his pocket to pull out a pager. He glanced at the message flitting across the screen. Code 254: Jail break at maximum security metahuman penitentiary. Multiple super villains at large.

"Nothing that can't be dealt with. Scramble Epsilon team and have them take care of it."

"Yes sir, Mr. Jericho."

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Wraith
Twenty something year old male hero.
Tags: Suit guy

The fresh air was a nice treat. Ka'van found himself visiting the rooftop park almost daily, in an attempt to pretend that he wasn't a captive. He sat adjacent to the pond, his legs crossed and his back straight. His arms laid relaxed across his knees, and his eyes were closed. Anyone who knew the alien well enough would recognize this as his meditation pose. It was best not to disturb him.

Ka'van meditated more frequently than ever now, trying desperately to keep his spirit strong. He knew his desires for freedom were selfish: here he was, better off than most of the human population surrounding him, and he still wasn't happy. He was provided food, living quarters, entertainment, and unlimited resources. But yet...none of it made up for what he lacked: freedom, contact with his people. He hadn't been allowed to so much as speak to them since his imprisonment here, and every day he could feel the life force he once shared with them grow weaker. The Tower was an impressive prison, but still a prison nevertheless.

Bleep Bleep

Bleep Bleep

Bleep Bleep

Ka'van eyes popped open, their burning red color glistening in the sun. He looked down at his wrist, at the HIVEMIND radio watch he'd been given. A call to arms. Well, time to go save the world. He stood and headed for the stairs. Not many people used them, but he found them to be faster than the elevators. Ka'van entered the stairwell and picked his feet up off the ground. He hovered over the railing, then began to descend down the center of the stairwell. He stopped upon reaching the 12th floor, where the last of the business offices were. This was where their briefing room was.

Ka'van hurried into the hall and down to the briefing room door. It was already open, several heroes having beat him there. It was common practice to give a short summary of what they'd be facing before they entered the field. On the table sat several headset devices that were linked into HIVEMIND, Horizon's data and communications system. They often used these for hands free communication. Ka'van picked one up and put it on.

At the end of the table, which almost no one ever used, stood a middle aged man in a suit. He had his arms crossed, impatiently waiting for the heroes to pile in. They had ten minutes to report to the briefing room after a page, or else they would suffer through classes on how not to be tardy.

Once all the heroes were accounted for, the man began his summary.

"We've got a major jail break at the East State Metahuman Penitentiary, multiple supervillains are on the loose in the city. None of them have managed to disable their GPS tracking chips yet, so we have means of finding them quickly if we act fast. You have all been assigned a villain to bring back in by the HIVEMIND data analysis program, which will be listed on your comm links. We would prefer these weirdos be brought back in alive. I won't waste the city's time keeping you here any longer. Get out there and don't make us look bad."
Metronome

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Your Friendly Neighborhood Government Sanctioned Superhe

Postby kuregalis » Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:56 am

Emery/Agender/Slime/Tags; Everyone/Location; Conference Room/x

It was a slow morning. Emery had slipped out of his room and into the kitchen for an early breakfast. Though they did not require to eat, it was rather enjoyable when they could taste the food. The sounds the kitchen clock ticking in the background as they savored the french toast they had made. 'Being like this is truly the most comfortable' they thought. A sudden noise began emitting from their watch. Emery quickly dissolved into their original form, hastily absorbing the plate and its contents into their body. They would return the plate later.

They slipped under their locked door, making their way to the stair case. The had begun to ascend, their slime body pushing them up five steps at a time. Once the conference room doors were around the corner, they began to change shape. They still found it uncomfortable talking to the others in their original form.

Emery began to grow in size, the HIVEMIND watch and gray jumpsuit that they had kept in their body were spat back out, quickly forming the rest of their body parts into the outfit before entering the room. They quietly sat down in an empty seat, a bit marveled at how many heroes were in the room today. Two minutes passed when the others showed up. Once everyone had gathered, the man at the end of the desk began to speak.

"We've got a major jail break at the East State Metahuman Penitentiary, multiple supervillains are on the loose in the city. None of them have managed to disable their GPS tracking chips yet, so we have means of finding them quickly if we act fast. You have all been assigned a villain to bring back in by the HIVEMIND data analysis program, which will be listed on your comm links. We would prefer these weirdos be brought back in alive. I won't waste the city's time keeping you here any longer. Get out there and don't make us look bad." He finished. Emery raised their hand and began to speak, "Sorry to raise a question sir but what happens if I cannot bring the culprit back alive?" they asked.
kuregalis

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Consulting_Angel » Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:17 am

Patrick Sutton
22|Male|'Frostbite'
Tagged: Everyone
Patrick was perfectly content in his room, reading one of many astronomy books that had just been recently supplied to him. It was, he supposed, one benefit of being forced to live and work for New Horizon - getting what he wanted to keep him occupied, especially as otherwise he'd probably find a way to accidentally hurt himself or break something. This was a safer option, letting him read.

He was so into his book that he almost missed the beeping emitting from his watch, and once he did notice it, and jumped to his feet. Finally, a mission. It had been a few months since he was last out on the field, and even though it was controlled, Patrick missed being out in the world. He pulled on a pair of comfortable shoes that had been provided for his use, and left his room, making his way to the conference room.

At least twice he walked into the wrong room. You'd think that after four years, he'd have learnt where the conference room was. He was starting to internally panic - he didn't want to be late. He'd already endured the tardy classes once, and he didn't want to suffer through them again. Patrick ran, and burst through the door of the actual conference room, making it with one minute and twenty-five seconds to spare - possibly a record for him. He hastily sat down, and picked up one of the headset devices, sheepishly avoiding eye contact with anyone, and waited for the suited man to begin talking before looking up.

Patrick raised an eyebrow. This sounded easy enough - defeat some jailbreaker and keep them alive. He knew at least a couple of the others would struggle with that, considering, eyes trailing towards Emery when they had spoken up.
Consulting_Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Perri » Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:27 am

Alas "Abyss" Chi ~ Tags; Hopefully everyone

Another day goes by, Alas would think, realizing that it was well into the afternoon of... Tomorrow now. Closing a large book that she had finished, she stuffed it into her bag before slowly standing up. Her body seemed to creak as she stretched for a moment, throwing the bag over her shoulder to head towards the library once more. But a small beeping sound stopped her dead in her tracks. I don't remember setting an alarm, she thought to herself, looking down at the watch before realizing quickly what the situation was. Putting a kick in her step, she rushed to the conference room without much thought; other than what was all in her bag.
She saw a few people pass her, taking the stairs instead. Unlike her, she didn't have the strength to make it up most of those stairs. Instead she pressed the elevator button and walked in, not really paying attention to the other people who stood in there with her. Her mind raced, trying to ignore what could possibly lie ahead in the conference room. Her fingers automatically adjusted the grey collar of her long sleeve shirt, briefly looking at her reflection in the elevator glass.
*Ding*
The doors opened when a large, red 12 appeared in the number holder. Slipping out, she began to walk in a brisk, glancing behind her for a moment and then slowing her pace when she got to the conference room. A few hero's stood there, waiting, but she looked at the devices on the table. Headsets? When was the last time she was sent out? It was mostly for transportation of something valuable and rarely any... Teamwork assignments. Her eyes caught red but she quickly looked away. It's rude to stare, she told herself, but watched the hand of where the red eyes belonged to reached for a headset and put it on simply. Mimicking him, she did the same, double checking if it was on or not.
"We've got a major jail break at the East State Meta-human Penitentiary, multiple super villains are on the loose in the city. None of them have managed to disable their GPS tracking chips yet, so we have means of finding them quickly if we act fast. You have all been assigned a villain to bring back in by the HIVE-MIND data analysis program, which will be listed on your comm links. We would prefer these weirdos be brought back in alive. I won't waste the city's time keeping you here any longer. Get out there and don't make us look bad," an older man spoke to the group, giving them a run down about everything. Was she really about to fight a super villain. That certainly wasn't in her specialty. There was plenty of other heroes that could literally swipe the villains up and dump them back into the prison.
Someone raised a hand and asked a question, but Alas was already looking up the comm links like the man had said before. Thomas Jaxon; Animal Control. If anything then, all she had to worry about was a army of pigeons and rats attacking her because there really wasn't much in this city. Perhaps should stop him before they get too close to the local zoo, but other than that... She was pretty sure she had this in the bag.
Perri

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby honeybee. » Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:11 am

⋯⋯⋯⋯🐞⋯⋯⋯⋯
Elise Fairview - 'Lucky Charm'

⋯⋯⋯⋯🐞⋯⋯⋯⋯

Elise was sat cross-legged on her bed in her spacious room with a book in her lap, light streaming in through large windows. Despite now being a real-life hero herself she still enjoyed experiencing the thrill of reading about fictional heroes. She truly loved her home here. Her apartment contained everything she'd ever need, she could cook whatever she wanted or eat the delicious food from the cafeteria, using New Horizon's power controlling technology she could train in various skills without her luck having an impact and they even had a super-cool, super-peaceful 'sky park'. That didn't even mention the fact that she got to go out and save the world and meet all these cool people with cool powers, some of them even aliens. This was all she could ever want. Grinning to herself, Elise hugged her book to her chest and sank back into the bed ,tilting her head so she could see the view of their beautiful city.

A series of bleeping noises rang out from the HIVEMIND watch on her wrist and Elise shot up immediately, clapping her hands together eagerly and hastily rolling off the bed. She checked herself in the mirror, pausing to tuck a stray piece of hair behind her ear, before dashing out of her apartment. She let the door swing shut behind her without pause, there was no need to worry about locking it. New Horizon controlled everything in The Tower and it wasn't as if she owned anything that the others here couldn't have. She walked as quickly as she could down the hallway towards the lifts, she could run but she also wanted to seem like a professional superhero rather than an overexcited toddler. After pressing all of the lift call buttons available to her Elise darted through the first door to open and pressed the button for the 12th floor, watching it light up at her touch. As the lift made its descent she bobbed along to some non-existent music that had gotten stuck in her head. Once the lift doors opened at last she headed into the conference room, sitting in the same chair that she nearly always did and fitting one of the headsets snugly around her ears. Taking a glance at her watch she smiled at the speed at which she had heeded the pager's call before glancing up and smiling cheerily at the others in the room. She noted that the strange alien, Wraith, and Emery, the slime …person, had also been called , along with a bunch of other amazingly-powered heroes, which was, in her opinion, awesome.

After waiting for the rest of the heroes to arrive the suited man started talking. Elise listened intently to every word, attempting to look serious and not grin at the prospect of such an exciting mission as combatting a supervillain prison break. She stood up as soon as the suited man told them to 'get out there' but the stopped and waited for questions to be answered. "Oooh," She murmured under her breath,out of the earshot of the suited man, "This is gonna be so exciting!"
honeybee.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby doc . » Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:59 pm

xxx──xxxxxxxxxxxxxx────────┐
xxxMISHA _ KHABAROVSKI
xxx━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ xX
xxxHe/Him - "Colossus" - 28 yrs - tags: all
└────────xxxxxxxxxxxxxx──
Misha woke up early that morning in order to work out. He pulled his things together he needed, a towel and a water bottle as well as a protein bar. Breakfast was the most important meal of the day, and he couldn't afford to miss it.
He walked down the hall silently, padding in his socks. He didn't want to wake anyone up with his heavy stepping so he figured wearing socks would avoid that.
He entered the training room and warmed up with a few stretches, stretching his arms and his legs.
Then he got into the heavy stuff, lifting weights and doing burpees. He broke a sweat, pausing every now and then to drink some water and to towel off. After an hour and a half he heard beeping. It made him stop and he turned his head a little. Where was that coming from?
He was panting while ditching the weights, gently setting them on the ground before approaching his things. He lifted up his watch to see that he was needed. A meeting was in order and he sighed before eating his protein bar. Practice was cut short today, so there was no need to come back.
He toweled off and stuck on some more deodorant before stalking off with the towel around his large shoulders, and a protein bar in his massive hands.
He had long strides, so he was there within a few minutes. He entered the conference room, ducking a bit to enter the doorway and standing off to the side. Luckily he wasn't late, and white chewing on the rest of his protein bar he leaned over to toss the trash away in a nearby wastebasket.
He was there long enough to hear that there were villains loose in the city and needed to be brought to justice. He was also assigned to bring one in, and while being told this he drifted off a little and noticed the other heroes in the room.
"Hm.." he grumbled to himself and swallowed the remaining protein bar, rubbing the back of his neck and knowing this practice was not in vain.
Today was the day he was to go out and bring a bad guy to the law. He smiled and chuckled deeply
"Dis is good thing.." he commented aloud, his deep voice was prominent and surely would not go unnoticed
"We will bring bad guys to jail. Easy peasy."
The last bit was added, in hopes of looking 'cool'. He had learned that bit of english from the others, listening to them and learning from their own english
x
doc .

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me