{open} - A L T E R N A T E - [magical girl RP]

For roleplays featuring human or human-like characters which have inhuman abilities or live in an (original) fantasy world. E.g. vampires, shape-shifters, werewolves. However this category does not include roleplays based on existing fandoms such as Twilight or Harry Potter

{open} - A L T E R N A T E - [magical girl RP]

Postby RoselynBlackThorne » Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:37 pm

~

OTHER RPS I MADE:

A ~ R O S E ~ T I N T E D ~ W A L T Z

♛ a modern-day fairytale ♛

C L E A R ~ W A T E R S ~ & ~ B L U E ~ S K I E S

Oh. Hello there, young one.

Now, I know what you might be thinking:

"Aw, come ON! Magical girls AGAIN?"

Well... Yes. Kind of.
But here's how this works:

Certain girls (and maybe a small amount of boys; I'll have to check my sources) have been chosen by me--who I am is confidential at the moment--to be granted abilities to achieve one goal:
Prevent the world's destruction.

Yes. Yes. It sounds cliche to you, but let me finish before you move along.

What if I told you that there is a world in a parallel dimension to yours; something that would be a mere child-like fantasy if I were to explain it to you?
And anything that happens in that world affects yours, and vice versa?

Well, it is true. And that world exists.

Wonder how I know this?

I happen to be in charge of that world~

The Alternate Dimension; the world most commonly reached through dreams. That is the name given to this parallel-world when it was born.

And, where do YOU come in; you may ask?

Well... I happen to have sent out some fellows from the Alternate to find you and convince you to help out. They may look like little colored balls of light in your world at first, but they are capable of taking the form of something similar to a precious stuffed toy... Maybe even one that you've played with as a small child~
You're more than welcome to just call them Dream-Catchers. (That's what I call them... Haha~) They'll provide you with what you need to get started and will be more than willing to guide you along the way.

... Oh. Of course; you want to know what you will be up against...

Shadows. Nightmares. Monsters in general.
Nasty little things that are led by an evil ruler in a forbidden area of the Alternate; lurching out every so often and terrorizing all the good little citizens that I look over.
And the destruction they cause--oh! It's dreadful... You don't know how many natural disasters happened one year because of the big outbreak of them in the Alternate!

The worst part about it is that they can lurk around your world in human disguises and cause an utter mess there!

Your job will be basically to work together with your Dream-Catchers and other recruits to keep these Monsters at bay; for the sake of your world and the Alternate Dimension.
I understand it may be difficult at times, since humans these days have a lot to deal with in their society, but we are running low on recruits and need more to preserve the peace...

Oh.
Oh, dear. I think I'll have to head out now. I suppose I'll give you my identity some other time~

And, um; one more thing, young one...

Be very careful. The Monsters and their leader are more dangerous than you think.
Follow your Dream-Catcher's advice and the advice of our Elite recruits if you don't want to get hurt.

... So.
Anyway; I'll chat with you later, then.
Toodles~

~
Last edited by RoselynBlackThorne on Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:53 am, edited 11 times in total.
RoselynBlackThorne

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

R U L E S

Postby RoselynBlackThorne » Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:01 pm

ALL OF TESS' RULES ALSO APPLY

~ POST ALL CHARACTER FORMS IN THE DISCUSSION FORUM
~ Try to have diverse characters! (avoid overused stereotypes, gender-biases, same powers, etc.)
~ No god-modding/all-knowing characters/"Mary-Sues" or "Gary-Sues"
~ Disabling signatures to prevent clutter is recommended
~ Make as many characters as you can handle
~ If OOC, use (), [], or {} around your text to avoid confusion
~ You must have permission before disposing of someone else's character!
~ No drama/flame-wars/fighting while OOC
~ PLEASE ADD THE WORD "DREAMER" TO YOUR FORMS TO SHOW THAT YOU HAVE READ ALL THE RULES AND INFORMATION

~ Try to have fun! \(o.o)/
Last edited by RoselynBlackThorne on Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
RoselynBlackThorne

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

C H A R A C T E R ~ L I S T

Postby RoselynBlackThorne » Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:28 pm

RULER OF ALTERNATE DIMENSION:
Alistair

RULER OF THE MONSTERS:
Desdemona (InfectedHau)

NOVICES
(become Recruits in the RP):

Sophie Gardiner
Amber (Dragon_Elf)
Sora Skywalker (Ohkami)
Goldie Hue (FlameFireDragon25)
Hiroyuki Kawasaki (Headphone Actor)

ELITES
(already Recruits before the RP):

Katheryn Belmont
Ciel Chat (Ohkami)
Aine Inoue (soleil.)
Kazuo Hamamoto (Headphone Actor)
Mark Gardior (IEnjoyRanting)

DREAM-CATCHERS:
Timer - Owned by Sophie Garidner
Noir - Owned by Katheryn Belmont
Will - Owned by Amber (Dragon_Elf)
Shadeaux - Owned by Sora Skywalker (Ohkami)
Gambit - Owned by Ciel Chat (Ohkami)
Moro - Owned by Goldie Hue (FlameFireDragon25)
Oracle; a.k.a Lolita - Owned by Aine Inoue (soleil.)
Armo - Owned by Hiroyuki Kawasaki (Headphone Actor)
Koi - Owned by Kazuo Hamamoto (Headphone Actor)
Poco - Owned by Mark Gardior (IEnjoyRanting)

NIGHTMARES:
Betelgeuse {alibi: Blake Trevor Guild}
Kasdeya {alibi: Kat Shottgun} (FlameFireDragon25)
Pen (Ohkami)

OTHERS:
Dijinn Lye - Merchant [neutral] (IEnjoyRanting)
Last edited by RoselynBlackThorne on Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:47 am, edited 22 times in total.
RoselynBlackThorne

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

O P E N E D

Postby RoselynBlackThorne » Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:16 am

NOW OPEN!

PLEASE POST CHARACTER FORMS IN THE DISCUSSION/OOC!

-
RoselynBlackThorne

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

S T A R T E R

Postby RoselynBlackThorne » Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:03 am

S T A R T E R

~

It was a calm spring day. People were moving around the cities and neighborhoods, trying to get to where they need to go.

If they had a place to go...

Unbeknownst to most of these people, though, there was another area right under their feet teeming with the same hustle-and-bustle that was going on around them.

The Alternate Dimension; the magical dream-world that balances the real world.

Many critters were running around there; some resembling familiar animals while others looked like living toys. And there may have been people there, too... Going about their own business as if they were in the real world.

These people aren't like most people, though... They've been tasked with an important job.

Something most other people also don't know about.

Our story will start here.

~

(... anyone who joined can start posting now- ^^; )
RoselynBlackThorne

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: {open} - A L T E R N A T E - [magical girl RP]

Postby RoselynBlackThorne » Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:53 pm

[ A L I S T A I R - Lord of the Alternate - xxx - Tags: --]

Walking down a rather pleasant side of town was a man wearing a fedora and a nice coat; carrying a fancy cane in one hand. Coming up to a pedestrian light-signal, he looked around for a moment at the busy city as he pressed the button on the light-post.
So far it seemed like a normal day in the human world, but that could change soon...
He crossed the street; keeping an eye out while trying to not be too suspicious about it.

-

[ S O P H I E ~ G A R D I N E R - Novice Recruit - xxx - Tags: --]

A young girl hurried along on the sidewalk; anxious to make it home before her designated time after her noon play-date with her friends... Her long hair waved behind her as she hurried along, the bag on her shoulder bobbing a little.
She looked young; no older than her late-teens. But she had the self-scheduling of a young businesswoman.

-

[ K A T H E R Y N ~ B E L M O N T - Elite Recruit - xxx /
/ N O I R - Dream Catcher {KATHERYN BELMONT} - xxx - Tags: --]

Watching some people hurry past the cafe window, a girl with long straight hair took another sip of her coffee... She looked down at her pet resting beside her, who looked merely like a cat in a witch-hat at first glance, and patted its head affectionately.
The cat purred; stretching out a little more... Its owner continued looking out the window.
RoselynBlackThorne

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby InfectedHau » Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:09 pm

Desdemona||Tagged: Open
    Desdemona lounged on her throne, idling rolling a little ball of shadow between her fingers. She was bored. Not even the stack of DVDs she'd had one of her nightmares smuggle in from the human world had done anything. She'd seen them all.
    It was too quiet, she decided. What was the point of a dark fortress if there was nobody trapped inside it? She needed captives, people to scream in the dungeons. Maybe some of those entirely-too-happy things running around in the bits she hadn't conquered yet. Or some humans. Either or, really. Oh, why not both?
    Desdemona rose from her seat, making her way to the front of her fortress. It was really quite the spectacle, tall, menacing spires, spiked walls, purple lightning, all the mainstays of a proper evil fortress. The ground below her dais seethed, a writhing black mass of shadows. Yes. They would suffice for now. "I require captives," she called out to the masses below, "human or otherwise, I care not which. Shadows, go forth and find me some cute things to step on. Nightmares... Find me some less cute things. The shadows surged out of the gates, heading for the border between the forbidden zone and the alternate world. A faint smile lit Desdemona's face, and she went back inside. Perhaps she'd re-watch Devil Wears Prada. While she waited for some necks to step on.
InfectedHau

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby RoselynBlackThorne » Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:58 pm

[ S O P H I E ~ G A R D I N E R - Novice Recruit - xxx - Tags: --]
[ A L I S T A I R - Lord of the Alternate - xxx - Tags: --]

As the girl was hurrying along, she accidentally bumped into a few people... After turning to apologize to the last of the few, the fact that she wasn't watching where she was going caused her to bump into the man with the fedora; making them both fall to the ground.
"Oh--! Oh goodness!" Scrambling up onto her feet, she ran over to help the man; who rubbed the back of his head for a moment as he winced a little in pain. "I'm so sorry, sir! A--Are you all right?!"
The man looked around for his fedora real quick; a small chuckle escaping his lips. "Don't worry, miss. I'm quite all right..." He picked up his fedora and cane; sitting up some more. "Just a little sprain... Nothing that some ice couldn't fix."
The girl helped him up; looking rather embarrassed. "I'm really, really sorry about that," she muttered in sincere apology...
"No need fret about it, miss," the man replied with a gentle smile; standing up with a bit of a wobble. "You just go about your day; alright?"
... With a hesitant nod, the girl left; trying to walk slower this time.
The man with the fedora looked back at her for a second before casually going about his business.

-

[ K A T H E R Y N ~ B E L M O N T - Elite Recruit - xxx /
/ N O I R - Dream Catcher {KATHERYN BELMONT} - xxx - Tags: --]

Watching the collision of the familiar man and the unfamiliar girl from the window, the older girl in the cafe sighed.
"That girl seems too much of a klutz," she muttered to her cat in an indifferent tone. "I'd be surprised if he did decide to recruit her..."
The cat laughed quietly.
"I wouldn't be surprised if he did," the cat replied in a low voice, so as not to be heard by anyone else. "Didn't you meet him in a similar situation, Katheryn?"
Katheryn looked down at the cat for a moment. "Do hush up for once, Noir; will you?" she said, slightly-irritated... "And we didn't literally run into each other; thank you very much."

-

[ B E T E L G E U S E - Nightmare {alibi: Blake Trevor Guild} - xxx - Tags: --]

Respawning in a dark alleyway and asserting his human disguise, the Nightmare yawned lazily.
"Aw, come on, mum; it's Saturday," he muttered teasingly; not caring if his mistress would be around to hear that or not... With an evil smirk on his face, he decided to step out of the alley and cause some trouble under everyone's noses.
... Well... Other than his victims' noses.
RoselynBlackThorne

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ohkami » Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:25 pm

Ciel Chat | 17 | Female | Elite | Gambit | Tag/s: OPEN

"Can we go yet?" The wolf-like creature asked as he by the entrance to the gated basketball court with a disappointing sigh. His ear twitched at a noise, and he lifted his head, only to put it down again once he saw it simply came from a pine cone that had fallen from a tree.

Tossing the basketball, the pinked hair girl shouted with a "whoop!" As the ball went into the basket and bounced back to her. "I have to practice," Ciel replied as she walked near Gambit to grab her bottle of water, only to grab her towel as well, and sit beside the wolf with a smirk. She was sweaty, and sapped herself with the towel with a sigh, as she look a long gulp of water. "So good! Anywho, Gambit, I want to be ready when the school tryouts come.i'' tried of being on the girl's team. It's too easy, and coach said if I can make it at tryouts, I can get on the boys' team, and that would make me happy. Don't you want me to be happy?" The girl poured as she looked at her friend, whose ears went back, and he glanced away with a muttered "Fine." Laughing, Ciel stood up, and grabbed her bag, putting the basketball in it. "Of course....I could go for some food...." Gambit peeked at the words, jumping up after her, tail wagging a bit, as she opens the gate, and the two walked out of the local basketball park and headed to the local cafe.

Sora Skywalker | 16 | Male | Novice | ***** | Tag/s: OPEN

Sora sat at his desk in his small studio apartment. It wasn't large, but did have a large sliding door that opened onto an ice balcony, along with a closet for his clothes and things, along with a small door that went into a very tiny bathroom with only a shower, toilet, and sink, but it was far better than some he had looked at that only had a bathroom that was shared with the tendents on each floor like a college dorm. Though, all that was inside his studio was a futon, so he could have a bed and a couch, his small wooden desk and chair, a bookshelf with random things on one shelf and books on another, and well, that was it. Oh, and the small mini fridge and hot plate next to the sink he used to clean dishes. Still, he enjoyed i, as it was his. Looking out the glass door, which was open to let in the outside air and keep the room cool, he smiled softly as he heard the wind chimes upon his balcony sound. "Maybe I should go for a walk...." He thought to himself, starting to feel a bit lonely, as he had been inside all day so far. Deciding if his best option, and oddly wishing school would start again so he would have people around, the brown haired boy, got up, and grabbed his keys, before walking out his home, down the flights of stairs, and onto the streets of the neighborhood. At night he would have been more careful and alert, as the area was not the best, but during the day, it wasn't that bad, and the streets could be walked relatively safe...
Ohkami

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby hero's solace » Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:47 pm

Djinn Lye/ 19 years old/ Merchant/ tagging: Open

The creaking of wooden wheels could be heard amongst the noise of a bustling city as a path was made on the sidewalk to make way. The man towing the wagon looking apologetic as he passed. "Sorry, sorry," he murmured, grunting as he resisted the full carriage push down a steep hill. He was planning on selling his foreign looking knick knacks to the poorer part of this place, hoping that they wouldn't know the difference between real and fake items. It was a cheap tactic, but if he was caught he could always sell the real stuff he kept in his backpack. He finally came to a shady alley to protect him from the blazing sun. "Gah," he sighed, dropping the two wooden poles he pulled his wares with, "now time to set up." With a few pulls and pushes, Djinn set up his store. "I have many unique objects to sell," he promoted, holding up a fabric box, "some suitable for sweet ladies such as yourselves." That comment being directed towards a group of highschool students. It seemed to work, until he opened the box and revealed meditation balls. They seemed to lose all interest and moved on. "Fine," he grumbled, quickly picking his face up, "I have many foreign and unique items to sell cheap!"
hero's solace

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me