Flying for Our Country (Dragon Rider RP) O/A

For roleplays featuring human or human-like characters which have inhuman abilities or live in an (original) fantasy world. E.g. vampires, shape-shifters, werewolves. However this category does not include roleplays based on existing fandoms such as Twilight or Harry Potter

Flying for Our Country (Dragon Rider RP) O/A

Postby Wolfsinger » Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:41 am

A small peep, that is all you hear and you nearly jump through the exposed roof. Your egg, the egg you had raised so lovingly for the past six and a half weeks is finally going to hatch! You will be one of the first seven to actually train and have a tame dragon! It's beautiful, yet you haven't seen it yet. You reach for your hammer to help the young one out like a mother would do in the wild. Listening closely for where the tapping is, you start to gently tap too. Your mind blanks, the world and its war, the wing leader leaning over your shoulder to make sure you are doing it correctly. Finally, the egg breaks and your hatchling falls into your lap, slimy but alive.

Plot

The lands of Toral and Mar are at war. They both have dragons and foot soldiers. The dragons on both sides are wild caught and are drugged into submission by their riders for many years. The drug is a plant called Tak and it grows like the weed it is. Toral is winning the war but Mar isn't giving up without a fight. A young Serf had trained a dragon from birth and is now teaching six others how to do the same, hoping to win the war.

Setting

This is Egypt in all senses other than that it s Egypt. There is no such thing as electricity and kilts were worn by man and light dresses by women. This is in Mar and you are one of the ones to get accepted. Females are frowned upon but two or three may be aloud in.
Last edited by Wolfsinger on Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wolfsinger

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Flying for Our Country (Dragon Rider RP)

Postby Wolfsinger » Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:45 am

Toral

A land by the sea, it is known for its ports and boat races. Toral is very big but is confined due to the Great Waste that is the dessert that must be crossed for the war. Toral has magicians that the people call Magi or Mage due to their dabbling with powerful blood magic. They are ruled by one King and one Queen, normally from a royal or noble bloodline. Toral is also known for sea and air dragons. (Refer to 'dragons')

Mar

A landlocked country that is filled with mountains and valleys. Mar is about three quarters the size of Toral but is rich in crops and agriculture. They too are blocked by the Great Waste, but also bordered by 'The Unpassable Range' which is a mountain range that is too high to climb or fly over. They are ruled by two Kings that are twins and two Queens that are twins. The first born pair that come after the marriage of the Kings and Queens are the heirs to the thrones no matter if they are peasant or nobility. Mar is known for their Sand and ice dragons.

Dragons

Very special beasts that roam the earth and are ridden by Dragon Riders (refer to Riders) There are many different kinds and these kinds have been known to move to different locations. There are four main types and all breath fire, though each species has their own flame characteristics.

Sand: these dragons are the largest. Fully grown a female can span from nose to tail 35 feet with a wing span of 70. Females have also been measured claw to shoulder 25 feet (this is not average, average is 30 nose to tail, 60 wing and 15 to shoulder. Males of this species have been known to get up to 30 nose to tail 60 wings and 15 to shoulder (not normal, normal is 25, 50, and 10) The flames are normal red yellow and orange with the normal fire ability. Come in reds, tans, and yellows (can be combinations and shades of each or just one up to you) females have horns but no spiked ridges, males have no horns but do have spiked ridges

Air: these dragons are the second largest. They have control over air movements for themselves only (I.e make them faster) a female has been measured at 33 nose to tail 66 for wings and 22 to shoulder (normal is 28, 56, and 11) A male has been measured at 28 nose to tail, 56 wings and 11 shoulder (normal is 14, 35, and 8) Air dragon flames are cobalt and white with the power to both burn and cool. They come in shades of light blue, violet and white. Males have horns on their heads but no ridge spikes and has a spiked tail,n females have no horns but have sharp ridges and a spiked tail.

Sea: the third largest and the most aggressive. They have webbing between their toes and have paddles on their tails. Unlike the other two that have four legs, they only have two but they have hooks in their wings to grab and hold prey, also have dangerous hooks on their tails used to fish and fight with. A female has been measured at 20 for nose to tail, 50 for wings nd 10 for shoulder (average) a male is always the same size as the female for this breed but can be told apart by the horns on its head. Are made up of dark blues and blacks. Their flames are scarlet and blue (no one knows why) and they have the power to turn the flames into water.

Ice: these are the smallest and rarest and only bond with females. They are very picky when it comes to who feeds and rides them. They are very loyal and very protective but can have attitudes. They too have only two feet but have hooked wings that have claws on the ends of webbing bones as well. They have been measured up to 18 feet nose to tail, 35 for wings and only stand 7 feet at the shoulder. They all have wicked spikes all over their tail that can be thrown and are made out of icicles. They have horns and ridge spikes and the only way to tell males and females apart are males are whites and greens and females are whites on blues. Their flames are mists that burn like acid and can freeze.

Riders

Riders are normally soldiers that have proven themselves in battle. They are considered nobility due to their training in riding dragons. (Obviously you break this rule)

Dragon boys

Possible future Riders that feed and take care of the dragons for the Riders (you will be both Rider and Dragon Boy/girl)

Clothing
Women
wear light dresses usually made of a silk like substance but is as strong as cotton or wool. For a rider's uniform they have the same trousers as males but have shirts made out of the same material as their dresses.
Men
Wear white kilts that are usually secured with a slim rope made of wool or yarn and never wear shirts. For Riders they have trousers that are the same material as their kilts and do not wear shirts.

Saddles
All dragons wear saddles similar to English saddles but have straps that secure around their chests and for Sand and Air dragons behind their front legs, for water and ice they are secured to their very strong spikes. There are straps made of leather similar to what makes up the saddle that secure the rider like a harness and around their legs. Can be customized by the rider.

Stalls
Stalls vary due to different species, but all have open tops, three strong cave walls, one gate that is the fourth wall, strong enough to hold a raging wild dragon. All pens also have an area for the dragon to be groomed by the dragon boy/Rider and wrought iron loops installed into a strong Clay floor to help restrain wild dragons. For sand dragons there is a large sand wallow in the center that they use to keep warm, same with Air dragons. Water dragons have hollowed out clay pools that are deep enough that they can submerge everything but their heads. Ice pens have large mounds that resemble the tops of mountains that are frozen over with ice.

Rules
1) NO cussing, I don't mind it but ToS does
2) if you bicker, don't do it here
3) you are all friends so no 'i don't like him, never did' stuff
4) respect me, I like to rp but I can't always be on
5) don't go more than 5 pages w/out me and give recaps when asked.
6) have fun! (Put somewhere)
7) GRAMMAR I hate it when people use 'their' when it should be 'there'
8) this is semi lit so more than 3 or at least 3 sentences please
9) you will all start how I posted in the first post, with you dragons hatching (luckily dragons grow fast)
10) first come first serve and only THREE females will be aloud to join
Form

Rider name:
Rank before getting chosen: (baker, noble, etc)
Appearance: (We are technically in Eqypt sooo....)
Personality:
Other:

Dragon name:
Type:
Personality:
Other:

My form

Rider name: Robyn Lur
Rank before getting chosen: (baker, noble, etc) Dragon boy
Appearance: (We are technically in Eqypt sooo....) Robyn is slim and well muscled due to carting meat for dragons for most of his life. Robyn has tanned skin that looked like coffee that was creamed just slightly to make it light. He stands at 6'3 and has ear length black hair that he has cut into layers. His features are sharp but not overly so, he has high cheek bones and a strait nose that ends in a gentle curve. His eyes are unusual because they are hazel and not the normal brown. He has strong white teeth and a piercing in his left ear. As normal for males he wears a white kilt that will soon be replaced with riding trousers as all Rider wear but no shirt.
Personality: Robyn is very outgoing and fun, he loves to make others laugh. He is very caring and gentle with Avatre and his friends
Other:

Dragon name: Avatre (new Dawn)
Type: Sand
Appearance: Avatre is a dusty sand color on her feet and under her long neck and chin as well as her belly and under tail. Fading from the sand and into a ruby red as her coloring moves to the top half of her body. Her neck is long and delicate like her whole body and she seems to be very petite and weak. Under her smooth skin she will have well developed muscles that give her body a look of a big cats. Her wing webs are a gold color as well as her slitted eyes. When she is fully grown she will be 32 feet nose to tail, 65 feet wing tip to wing tip, and 20 at the shoulder. Her saddle is a beautiful dark brown leather with the straps that go across the rider's shoulders waist and legs being a lighter and stronger flexible leather that is more caramel. The saddle has sand dragons pounded into the leather so that they look like carvings.
Personality: Avatre is very self centered when it comes to Robyn's attentions. She is very intelligent as due to her species and being a dragon in general. She is sweet to others when she has Robyn's attention or when he is out of the room.
Other:

Accepted Riders

Rider. Gender. Dragon's name. Dragon's type. Dragon's gender. Played by

1) Robyn Lur Male Avatre Sand Female Wolfsinger
2) Nicole Wood Female Cloud Air Female ElsaFrozen
3) Jayden mashford. Male. Kai. Air. Male. Wolfcharm
4)
5)
6)
Last edited by Wolfsinger on Sat Dec 28, 2013 6:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Wolfsinger

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Flying for Our Country (Dragon Rider RP) O/A

Postby Wolfsinger » Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:57 am

Bump
Wolfsinger

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wolfsinger » Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:45 pm

Bump
Wolfsinger

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wolfsinger » Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:02 am

Bump
Wolfsinger

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby elenah889 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:52 pm

( hi wanted to know if I can reserve a spot for a girl rider..? I will post my form tommorrow, since im using my phone atm lol)
Sorry to all those I had rped with, I'm back for good!!

Image Image
Always looking for new Rp's to join~ Just call me Ellie~ ;D
elenah889

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wolfsinger » Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:59 pm

Sure, just make sure you use it :) thanks for joining!)
Wolfsinger

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FadingAway » Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:01 pm

(can i reserve a girl? i will post tomorrow because i need to go to school)

Hi. Call me Fade or Away. I'm a big fan of PewDiePie, he is my role model and joker. If you like to role play, chat or need help then PM me. I really like role playing so yea send me links. Bye! =)

Hi again. Don't Read The Next Sentence!
You little rebel! I like you.
So you see. I'm random, wild and probably need to go to hospital because I'm super crazy.
You're still here? Ok. I trade and gift people a lot. I will trade you most of my pets. Don't offer on my Bro Army group pets. Seriously. Those are my fave pets and they remind me of Pewds so your never gonna get 'em.

I also like Smosh, CutiePieMarzia and many other You Tubers. Sometimes I'm on a trip so I wont be on. I have many friends on my friend list. But I will always add you on it! PM me to be friends, don't be shy I don't hate anyone. And if you send me a bad trade I won't hate you! Just send me a new one!
Bye! =)
FadingAway

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wolfsinger » Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:00 am

Yes, just make sure you use it.
Wolfsinger

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FadingAway » Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:19 am

Rider name: Nicole Wood
Rank before getting chosen: Baker
Appearance: Image (Do you mind this picture or should i change it? Because this is winter like and they are in Egypt :) )
Personality: Nicole is nice and caring, but deep, deep inside. She wont say 'hi' to random people on the street or fake smile. Guys, you can't amuse her easily. If you want her to like you, good luck but don't get your hopes up.
Other: /

Dragon name: Cloud
Type: Air
Appearance: 32 nose to tail, 64 for wings, 22 to shoulder Image
Personality: Cloud is selfish and same as Nicole. If you touch her rider she will be really angry. Cloud wants attention from Nicole and she wont let any other dragon take her place in Nicole's heart.
Other: /
Last edited by FadingAway on Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hi. Call me Fade or Away. I'm a big fan of PewDiePie, he is my role model and joker. If you like to role play, chat or need help then PM me. I really like role playing so yea send me links. Bye! =)

Hi again. Don't Read The Next Sentence!
You little rebel! I like you.
So you see. I'm random, wild and probably need to go to hospital because I'm super crazy.
You're still here? Ok. I trade and gift people a lot. I will trade you most of my pets. Don't offer on my Bro Army group pets. Seriously. Those are my fave pets and they remind me of Pewds so your never gonna get 'em.

I also like Smosh, CutiePieMarzia and many other You Tubers. Sometimes I'm on a trip so I wont be on. I have many friends on my friend list. But I will always add you on it! PM me to be friends, don't be shy I don't hate anyone. And if you send me a bad trade I won't hate you! Just send me a new one!
Bye! =)
FadingAway

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me