☀ The Sanctuary ☀ teens with powers ☀ Closed!

For roleplays featuring human or human-like characters which have inhuman abilities or live in an (original) fantasy world. E.g. vampires, shape-shifters, werewolves. However this category does not include roleplays based on existing fandoms such as Twilight or Harry Potter

Once the drama cools down a bit, want a timeskip?

Yes, skip to when the FIRST army is arriving at the Sanctuary. But have the other armies arrive pretty quickly after the first.
50%
Yes, skip to when the LAST army finally arrives at the Sanctuary.
30%
NO!!!
20%

Total votes : 10

Re: The Sanctuary (teens with powers)

Postby spicy, » Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:50 pm

Ari noticed Jaai making snow, impressed. Now, if only Ari could make fire...

Ari wanted to try out her powers. She could use telepathy on other things, but what about herself? A gust of wind generated around her, and she started to levitate. Woah, this is awesome! She slowly lifted herself up into a tree by accident, unable to control which way she went. The tree stopped her from floating away.

xxxxxlxl𝙊𝙉𝙀 𝙇𝙄𝙁𝙀
╔═════════════════╗
xxxxxxxxxxl
xxxxxlSpicy - She/Her
xxxllImage
xxxxllImageImage
xxl,lImageImage
xxlImageImage
xxxxxlAesthetic Trash
xxxxxxxxxxl
╚═════════════════╝
xxxxxxl𝙇𝙄𝙑𝙀 𝙄𝙏 𝙐𝙋
spicy,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby darcy_jensen » Tue Dec 13, 2016 5:09 pm

(oops not time travelling. although that could be fun)

pressing her fingers against one of Rowan's blushing cheeks, she smiled gently. that smile dropped at the mention of the village they would stop at. she cursed under her breath gently. Well, I'm not sure how that'll work out, she thought to herself, recalling the last time she visited that city. "I don't think I'll be very welcome there, she muttered under her breath.
darcy_jensen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SunnyJustice » Tue Dec 13, 2016 5:46 pm

[It would be fun, but it gets so confusing that I generally prefer non-time-related powers in a roleplay... XD]

Rowan could swear his heart had stopped. His cheeks were ridiculously warm, and although Lily's touch wasn't any warmer than a normal person's, it made him feel like he was getting a nice warm hug from the inside out. Her smile was enough to kill him too. This girl was going to be the death of him, no matter how he looked at her. He wouldn't even mind if that was a literal statement. In fact, he probably knew how he felt about last night's dream now. He was an Adamson boy after all, everyone knew what went on in Luno's mind.
In truth, his thoughts were so morbid because he was picking up on Lily's discomfort. He didn't know that though and he wouldn't come to that conclusion.
"Why not?" Rowan asked softly. "I thought they were good people... should we be careful?"

Cyprian didn't notice the snow at first. He was just too oblivious, and besides, he was paying more attention to Jaai's words. If only his father could see him now. Accepting that there would be girls more powerful than himself, and there was nothing wrong with that. If Alastair had just accepted that... maybe all this would have been prevented. Cyprian knew a great deal about his father's past. Even from the stories Alastair told, which were undoubtedly twisted to make him sound better, Cyprian knew how this thing all started. It was absolutely ridiculous.
When Jaai looked up though, Cyprian did too. Through the canopy of trees, he saw snowflakes beginning to come down. What the heck was going on? As he watched, Jaai extended her hands and the clouds began to snow more.
"Now that's awesome." A grin slowly appeared on Cyprian's face.

[Real answer to the poll: The first option. It's most common to shapeshift into one animal, like just a robin, or just a raccoon, etc. Everyone guessed the fourth option, but that's actually quite uncommon. Especially super-strength, which is generally an inherited trait through the female side of the Adamson family. Others can have it too, along with other powers. It's never found alone, and it's never acknowledged as someone's true power. Take Alastair for example.]
SunnyJustice

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Azaline » Tue Dec 13, 2016 5:57 pm

Jaai laughed, falling into the tiny piles of snow. Her arms were spread out wide and her fingers sank into the snow. She clutched a bunch into her hands, the cold not fazing her. While Cyprian was too busy staring up at the sky, she threw it weakly at him. She didn't need to chuck it; he stood right beside her. She snorted as it hit him right in the back of the head.
"This is so cool, Cyprian!" She shouted, her heart bursting with joy and tears pricking at her eyes.
🤭 hey 😳 baby 🤭
Azaline

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SunnyJustice » Tue Dec 13, 2016 6:03 pm

Cyprian grunted as something cold hit him, right in the noggin. It slowly melted and slid down the back of his shirt. A few drops of cold water were actually sliding down the inside of his shirt, which sucked. He put on the angriest face he could make, but he couldn't even keep a straight face and started to laugh.
"Oh, you're gonna get it," he threatened and started to make a snowball... or he tried to. He didn't know how to make a snowball. Cyprian had never played in the snow as a child. He just grabbed a handful of snow, and squeezed it hard until it was practically an ice shard.
This wouldn't do. He tossed away and grabbed a handful of snow, and then dumped it on top of Jaai's head. He was just going to use his height advantage now.
SunnyJustice

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby darcy_jensen » Tue Dec 13, 2016 6:05 pm

(Naw you write Rowan so cutely)

lily was too preoccupied in her thoughts to notice Rowan's reaction to her touch, as she was terrified. If she hadn't been in this state of mind, she probably would have blushed a ridiculous amount and teleported away; she tended to do that when she was embarrassed. but unfortunately, she was in the state of mind where she was ready to burst into tears and run away. she'd only ever been to the village once, and it hadn't gone well at all. she truly doubted that she would be a welcomed visitor there. The healer's words interrupted her train of anxiously thoughts, and she looked up at him. "They are good people," she whispered, knowing that she couldn't tell him the truth. she could picture his soft, gentle eyes filling with disappointment, and he'd turn away and never hug her again. " but I'm not a good person."
darcy_jensen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Azaline » Tue Dec 13, 2016 6:25 pm

Jaai sat up, smiling up at Cyprian as he tried to play with the snow, sprinkling the soft white powder on her. She grabbed his hand and pulled him into the snow, not thinking about how cold he would feel.
"Like this," she started, holding a bunch of snow in her hand. She then cupped her hands together and compacted the snow into a ball. Once she completed, she held it out for Cyprian to take. "Throw it into my face!"
She couldn't help but laugh more.
🤭 hey 😳 baby 🤭
Azaline

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SunnyJustice » Tue Dec 13, 2016 6:31 pm

[Aww thanks <3]

Rowan could sense a storm of terrible emotions hanging over this entire room, like a thundercloud looming overhead. He could feel the tension and negative charge in the air. It was a necessary kind of intuition for a healer, especially one who also wanted to lift the burdens of the mind. He couldn't keep someone in his arms forever though. The calmness of his touch would fade once he removed himself from the situation, so he needed to truly face the problem instead of simply blocking the pain it inflicted. Although he would have liked for everyone to be always happy and never in any distress.
"I refuse to believe that," he said quietly.
Every instinct was screaming at him to hug her, and he didn't resist. Rowan reached over and gently put his arms around Lily, holding her the same way his Aunt Solara would cradle Luno during a loud thunderstorm. Although this time, the storm was inside her. He wished he could replace it with sunshine, and preferably a rainbow.
"I can feel how distressed you are," he admitted. As usual, he could feel his power working, but he knew it wouldn't take away whatever she was truly upset about. It was always possible that someone was so upset, they wouldn't be properly comforted by him even when the crippling fear had faded. It hurt him inside because nice warm hugs were supposed to make everything better. Instead of allowing his power to flow normally, he concentrated on sending it through her more intensely than usual. Even if it didn't work, he just wanted her to know he was trying, and he cared.
"I don't know why you called yourself a not-good person." Rowan rubbed her back gently with an open hand. "I just want to understand why you would say that. Everyone is a good person deep down, no matter who they are, or what they have done. And I love them for who they are. If I can even have a little love for Alastair, nothing you do can make me not love you."
He didn't even realize, or care, how that probably sounded.

Cyprian didn't mind the snow so much. His house seemed to have a cold aura. In fact, all of Parliament had suddenly fallen cold once the Adamsons were gone and the Brown family took over. Like many unseen fires had been extinguished. The thought of that, not the coldness of Jaai's snow, was what made Cyprian shiver.
He focused on her snowball tutorial. That was pretty interesting. He took the thing, staring at it intently. So this was how a finished snowball looked in the movies. Hopefully it would splatter all over the place, and not hit like a hard chunk of ice.
"Uhh, okay." He flung the snowball underhand at Jaai, because he sucked at overhand.
SunnyJustice

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Azaline » Tue Dec 13, 2016 6:35 pm

The hit was far softer than she would have imagined. It did hit her face, but it felt like a bunch of feathers exploding hitting her. She wiped the snow off her face and laughed, clutching her stomach. Nonetheless, it was hilarious.
"You can throw harder than that. You should make your own now, go ahead." She watched him expectantly.
🤭 hey 😳 baby 🤭
Azaline

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby darcy_jensen » Tue Dec 13, 2016 6:52 pm

lily simply burst into tears and pulled out of the hug to run outside. She'd expected Rowan's touch to calm her down, but it seemed to do the opposite. her chest felt tight and she was certain she was hyperventilating. She's caused a lot of damage to the village they were set to visit, and she didn't want anyone she was travelling with to know about it. "Bloody Rowan," she muttered, wiping tears from her cheeks, "saying there's nothing I could to make him not love me. I bet he didn't even mean that romantically." She let out an exhausted, emotional sigh and slumpt to the ground.
darcy_jensen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me