the broken isle -- reborn -- open

For roleplays featuring human or human-like characters which have inhuman abilities or live in an (original) fantasy world. E.g. vampires, shape-shifters, werewolves. However this category does not include roleplays based on existing fandoms such as Twilight or Harry Potter

tristan ━ 002

Postby rheia » Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:42 am

T R I S T A N ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰
━━━━s e l k i e━━━━

◂ info 22 / bisexual / undetermined / moody /lodge; ravenia, marzio, jackson, brynn, eva

Outside the window sprawled the beach and beyond that the sea ━ what was once safe, inviting and familiar now churned uneasily as it washed over the sand. A few clouds lingered on the pale expanse of the sky, though it was the murky depths of the sea he was staring so angrily at. It was almost enough to make Tristan want to scream, though he settled instead for a strained sigh as he rubbed at his eyes with the heels of his hands. There were stars clouding his vision when he stopped, and he took a few slow blinks to clear them as he heard a voice from behind him. The selkie was was almost glad for the interruption to his sulking - almost. He squinted up at the raven haired woman with his honey eyes and raised a thick eyebrow at her.

"I'm good, wings. Can't you tell?" Tristan slipped into his usual sarcasm easily, though there was a different edge to it than usual. He looked up at Ravenia from his window perch, watching the tiny fluff that was her sister chirping away in her hands. A hint of a smile threatened the edges of the selkie's lips as he looked at the little chick - he figured he'd have to be heartless not to find the little thing cute. He paused for a moment before speaking again, "She's pretty tiny for almost being five." He sounded more like himself now, speaking plainly though the playfulness was obviously there and a little grin had finally appeared. He felt a little lighter than before ━ evidently avoiding interacting with anyone wasn't doing anything for his sour mood.

As he waited for a response from Ravenia, the selkie heard the lodge door open. The sounds of multiple footsteps thudded into the building and Tristan raised his eyebrows again, peering past the shifter and her sister to look at the group. Puzzled, he listened as Marzio spoke. Their leader looked like there was a world's worth of weight on his shoulders as he addressed the Broken in the lodge; it mad Tristan's mouth harden into a tight line. As each of the newcomers was introduced, Tristan's eyes flickered between them apprehensively. He never liked newcomers, and they usually took a while to warm to him too.
rheia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: the broken isle -- reborn -- open

Postby DeadCorvids » Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:18 am

⇝ Ravenia Alice Hawthow ⇜
⇝ and her little ball of fluffy sister ⇜
⇝ undetermined rank | lodge | tristan and everyone else ⇜

⇝ The bird woman felt the threat of a smile when Tristan brought up her little sister. She drew her wings in tighter as she prepared to speak. "She may be tiny as a bird but she won't be as a child-" Ravenia turned her head sharply towards the door, hearing the heartbeat of the newcomers. There was a frightful edge to it as she clenched her jaw and held her baby sister closer. "Wanna go to the beach?"
⇝ The apparent tension showed in Ravenia's face. She wanted to get the tiny bird away, her protective motherly instincts kicking in. "Or, anywhere but the lodge?" Ravenia didn't know what she'd do if she stayed and the little fluff got hurt. Or if someone ransacked her room while she was there. Ravenia shook her head, clearing the thought as she started to walk. "You coming, or nah?" Her usual cold voice sliced through the air as she slowed, evidently waiting for the male to follow. ⇜
DeadCorvids

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: the broken isle -- reborn

Postby Spiritstar3 » Wed Dec 02, 2020 3:32 pm

Spiritstar3 wrote:
Spiritstar3 wrote:Warren Black- panther shift- 20- m (genderfluid)- undetermined- homosexual; Tetsuya- woods- Tags: Sirra

The sweet, playful, adventure loving male hummed a bit. He shook his head a couple times, then continued following the scent. He smiled sweetly and made a feline sound. He then shook his head, and made himself silence. He followed the scent, until they came upon a small herd. He saw one mother and baby were away from the rest.

Sirra (seer-uh) Black- panther tiger shift- 22- f- undetermined- bi; open- woods- Tags: Warren

The sweet, silly, kind and caring slender female continued to hum. She smiled at her big brother a moment. She let out a purr, then chuffed at him, again. She mewed quietly, following the scent silently then. Boy was she wrong about the number of deer there... She crouched low as she saw two loners, and moved towards them.

Kottaa (coat- uh)- Kitsune- two tails, not very strong- 22- m- undetermined- homo; Jae and Jun- inside- Tags: Nela (mentions: Anghel)

The sweet, gentle, playful yet anxious male hummed as he went out. The two tailed fox moved his tails a bit. His ears twitched when she brightened up a bit. The black eared white fox wagged while he was running out there. He had looked back a moment, and seen her watching. He’d looked away and run on, then he came back. He didn’t mind the pat; after all, she was pretty gentle about it. He wagged his tails at the dragon girl, to show he wasn’t mad.

He then watched her look towards that winged boy, and tilted his head. He then shook himself and wondered if he was allowed over there...His nose twitched as he moved a bit closer. He then stopped and watched, eyes blinking a bit.

Reeri (r-ee-r-ee)- Werewolf- 24- f- undetermined- bi; open- outside--> inside- Tags: open

The sweet, playful, but fierce and stubborn black wolf looked around. She picked up the two rabbits shed hunted down. She knew at least Warren and Sirra would appreciate the meat. They were meat eaters just like her, though liked vegetables and fruits too. She only liked sweet potatoes...However, fruit sat quite well with her, and in fact she likes it a lot. She turned back to human once at the door, opening it and going to work on the rabbits. She pulled her long black hair back before skinning and dicing the meat.
Spiritstar3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BeyondTheShire » Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:30 am

Aradia BleakwoodHead Broken Medic
―――――――――――――――――
◄21|Female|Witch|Bisexual|Medical Room|tagged; Open►
    indentation Aradia sat in her medical head office. Scenes from the recent battle on the beach consuming her thoughts. "How was I able to do that? Why me? Why now?" She thought to herself miserably. A frustrated groan left her lips as she stood up from her oragnized desk. Her mind begun playing the events again. Her mother's face when she came off the boat, the feeling of complete betryal and angst, the heat and power that flew from her fingertips. It was all too much. Distraction. Sh needed a distraction.

Ara took a deep breath in and let it out loudly. She exited her office and into the medical room she went. The witch looked around at the stations, messsy and unorangized from healing the wounds of those who fought in the battle. The trio was being seen as heros, as brave, but what happened today was a fluke. It was a scouting mission gone wrong, they weren't looking for a fight. Ara begun cleaning up what was left behind. It wasn't helping. Every gauze she picked up, every misplaced herb..She was reminded of Nya's and Marzio's wounds. How they got hurt because of her. How they fought for her..She didn't deserve the bloodshed. Ara never wanted this. A sob escaped her mouth as the emotions were taking over. Tears ran down her cheeks and she gripped the side of one of the medical beds for support.

Marzio was probably out there playing the brave leader. Nya being Nya is probably brushing off questions. Yet here Ara sits crying, like the weak link she is. "Weak..You're so weak! Stop crying..Stop.." The words fell out of her mouth as she tried to pull herself together, but nothing was stopping the tears. The guilt was eating her alive. What if one of the others died today? What if she couldn't heal them? It was all her fault. Her mother set a trap and she fell for it. "You're so stupid..Stupid. Stupid.." She mumbled to herself as she wiped tears off her face. A shaky breath left her lips and she released her grip on the bed. She needed to get out of that room.

Ara finally left the medical room about five mintues after going back and forth about it. She noticed a small gathering inside the lodge. She immediately followed Marzio's voice to the living room. Upon arriving she immediately noticed the new faces. Confusion was clearly written on her face. She obviously missed something big. "Guess I'll talk to Marzio about it later.." She thought to herself but she'll probably won't get that chance due to everybody needing that man's attention. The new people took Ara off guard and she looked into their faces. Something wasn't right here. Between Marzio's demeanor and just the look of these people, it gave the witch a bad feeling. She tried brushing it off and keep a professional look about herself, considering some may need medical attention.
BeyondTheShire

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby selasphorys » Fri Dec 04, 2020 6:32 pm

Powell Seo
Seeker Scientist (?) | Human | Prison Hallways
Tags: Venus, Doe

Though his expression remained firm, Powell’s heart went hammering each time Doe showed off their taser. It almost felt like they had made a game of it, toying with his fear. Hard eyes trained on their every movement, he listened as the doctor tried to dissuade Venus from shifting. Stealth? It had certainly been a factor to consider, but it had not carried them this far. They had been banking on no one being around to catch them. Powell approached this situation more carefully than usual, holding his tongue instead of blurting out his words. Stakes were just too high. Doe seemed like the kind of person who’d use any sliver of knowledge against them. Besides, it was not his place to answer for her. Letting Venus do the talking, Powell found himself astonished by the intensity of her threats. Nothing was holding her back-- nothing! --and that in itself was incredible. While the thought of imminent violence sent his stomach roiling, Powell knew how far he’d be willing to go.

“Yep, just us,” he added to back her up, a smug smirk on his face. The pride wasn’t entirely deserved, but he had to play the part. Venus had put on such a top-notch performance, after all. He wasn't about to give the whole show away. Even if it ended here, they could still help Brynn and her team escape unscathed. To Powell anyway, it should have been obvious from the unguarded halls that someone higher-up had let this happen. A few weeks back, an escape like this would’ve been impossible. This window of opportunity was exactly what the two had been biding their time for. For all he let on, they could have just exploited an administrative oversight. Someone had to have either pulled a few strings or made a critical error, though an incompetent Seeker was unheard of.
selasphorys

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: the broken isle -- reborn

Postby vulture, » Sun Dec 06, 2020 6:59 am

♕ Marzio D'amore ♕
Broken Leader | Lodge > Medical Room | Tags: Aradia

The leader's eyes scanned the room for any form of unrest. He was privy to the anxiety of the others and expected nothing less. It was all he could do to mask his own cauldron of feelings. With his back against the wall, grateful to have something holding his exhausted body up, he rubbed his thumb and forefinger over his temples. The click of a nearby door opening and shutting drew his gaze to the group's medic who at last emerged from the room. Upon seeing her, the reminder of his injury caused his shoulder to ache. Marzio had shifted on the beach without a second thought, no doubt reopening the wound beneath the bandages. Until then, his adrenaline had kept the pain buried down, now it began to burn as his mind finally settled-- if only slightly.

No sound was made as he pushed himself away from the wall and approached Ara. After the fight, he hadn't found a moment to check up on her. Between nursing their wounds and just needing some quiet, the two had been on their own missions. While he worked hard to hide his current state, his partially bloodshot eyes portrayed his true status. "You may have to look at my shoulder again." Despite everything, he gave her a sheepish smile, looking away like a child caught doing something wrong, "I may have shifted." Just by Ara's appearance, he knew she was having a hard time with the recent developments-- who wouldn't? With everyone seemingly at terms with the newcomers and the trust that Nya could handle any conflicts (if she wasn't the source of them), Marzio flicked his head towards the medical room before ducking inside. Getting his wound treated was the absolute last of his concerns, but it was a quiet place where he could let his guard down and get his thoughts in order. The room was an absolute disaster, much like many of the Broken at that point. He would help Ara tidy up before long. As soon as he stepped out of eyesight of the main room, however, he spotted one of the empty medical beds and flopped onto it face first with a thud and a loud groan. One of his arms hung to the side while the other was extended over the front of the bed. His legs were in a similar position. Playing stern leader was growing old very fast. "Arrraaaa..." He whined dramatically, "I need a vacation."
vulture,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby onion » Sun Dec 06, 2020 8:42 am

aileen jung / 20 / lesbian / loner vampire
tags: ravenia

aileen scoffed as she stepped out of her tent, her right platform boot sinking into the wet ground from the rain the night before. "stupid mud," she muttered, pulling her foot out and continuing towards the lodge.
she woman trotted down the dirt path in her long black skirt and black cropped hoodie, hood up. her nails were long and painted black with gems at the nailbeds, and her eyes were a deep red- she was your picturebook vampire, right down to the fangs. but she wasnt thirsty, not for blood right now. just a sip of water.
aileen opened the front door leading into the lodge and took a step in but stopped when she noticed a girl standing there. "oh, ravenia," she said quietly, though her voice was a bit raspy and low. clearing her throat, she spoke a bit louder this time. "where are you headed to?"
onion

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DeadCorvids » Sun Dec 06, 2020 11:32 am

⇝ Ravenia Alice Hawthow ⇜
⇝ and her little ball of fluffy sister ⇜
⇝ undetermined rank | lodge | tristan and aileen ⇜

⇝ Ravenia was a bit startled but clenched her jaw. "I'm well Aileen. Just off out of the lodge. We have a few newcomers today, they're pretty nervous." Ravenia spread her wings a bit, feeling slightly more relaxed around people she actually knew. The gold tipped feathers feathers caught the light elegantly as she attempted a smile. "You can join us if you'd like though. I think Tristan is tagging along?" Ravenia scratched her little sister's head when she sqwaked at Aileen.⇜
DeadCorvids

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BeyondTheShire » Tue Dec 08, 2020 12:41 pm

Aradia BleakwoodHead Broken Medic
―――――――――――――――――
◄21|Female|Witch|Bisexual|Medical Room|tagged; Marzio►
    indentation Aradia sighed at the man in front of her and followed him into the medical room. As soon as he flopped on the bed a giggle escaped her chapped lips. "Okay Bird Brain. Why did you have to shift? I thought we talked about this already?" She scolded as she walked around grabbing herbs and more guaze. "Not to bombard you with questions..But who are those people out there? Something about them doesn't sit with me." The witch asked a second question. It was the one weighing heavy on her mind.

Who were they? Usually new people on the island isn't a huge deal, but this, this felt like it was a disater waiting to happen. "Also one more..Have you seen my mother..Ya know since the fight?" This question she didn't really want to know the answer to, to be completely honest. It was more out of curiosity. She finally sat down on a stool next to the bed. "Okay show me the damage." The witch stated as she waited to see the wound. Mentally, she wasn't ready to see it again. Its a reminder of how he risked his life for her. It hurt seeing it again. The scene played in her head again. The sound the bullet made as it hit his shoulder, the sound he made, that painful squawk.

Ara begun breathing heavily. It was like she was back there, like it was happening again. She gripped Marzio's arm tightly to try and ground herself. The feeling of his arm in her hand, slowly calmed the episode. "Marzio..I-I'm so sorry...Please forgive me. It's been hard..Trying to cope with everything. She spoke softly trying to regain any sort of professionalism." She closed her eyes and took a deep breath in and slowly let it out. When her eyes opened again, she begun removing his old bandages.
BeyondTheShire

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby onion » Tue Dec 08, 2020 1:15 pm

aileen jung / 20 / lesbian / loner vampire
tags: ravenia (tristan)

aileen nodded and gave a firm grunt of approval. "ill go," she added, eyes dancing from ravenia to tristan, then down to the fluff ball. though seeing aileen smile was rare, the fluff ball seemed to get a reaction out of her, and she did in fact crack a tiny smile. "hello little one," she said lowly to the bird, reaching a finger out in a kind manner so she could take a whiff. aileen loved animals, so she did have a soft spot for ravenia and her sister truth be told.
onion

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me