~Under The Same Roof ~ Zodiac Role-play ~ CLOSED ~

For roleplays featuring human or human-like characters which have inhuman abilities or live in an (original) fantasy world. E.g. vampires, shape-shifters, werewolves. However this category does not include roleplays based on existing fandoms such as Twilight or Harry Potter

~Under The Same Roof ~

Postby not a talking cat » Wed May 01, 2019 4:33 pm

﹙ evangeline "eva" grace ▾ female ▾ cancer ▾ healing ability ﹚
    Evangeline was constantly checking the time on her phone, her lips pursed as she waited in a very long line at a doughnut shop. A lavender-colored crossbody bookbag was slung over her shoulder, and she fiddled with the straps to avoid making eye contact with other customers. As the line cleared out, Evangeline stepped forward and ordered a dozen amount of doughnuts, each one a different kind. She figured she would buy sweets and offer them to her new roommates and landlord. After all, what better way to greet someone than with food? After giving her thanks to the server, she took the box of doughnuts and headed out the door. Pulling out her phone to check the time once more, Eva sighed lowly. Perhaps it was too early to drop by the house- what if the landlord wasn't there? That was a silly thought, of course, considering the landlord was expecting the twelve of them to be present as early as possible. What if nobody else showed up for another few hours? What if the landlord really was a scary man who-- Evangeline stomped her foot on the hard concrete, brushing the thoughts away from her mind. She had already bought way too many doughnuts, more than she could eat; there was no going back at this point. Her shoulders slumped in defeat.

"Hmm, let's see here..." The young girl fished out a paper from her pockets. It was the flyer that held all the information about the property, including the address. She typed it into her phone, and directions popped up immediately. Her eyes lit up in amusement as she noted that the walk from the doughnut shop to the building wasn't very long. A little less than ten minutes away, give or take, Evangeline shoved her phone and the paper back into the pockets of her denim jeans. She set out on her journey towards the house, clutching onto the box of pastries.

In front of Evangeline was the front door of the massive building. She gulped, her anxiety levels beginning to rise. The whole ordeal was pretty sketchy in hindsight; an older man taking in twelve students and allowing him into their home? Eva didn't exactly enjoy the thought of it, but she was desperate to become independent. The short-haired girl was a freshman in college and felt pressured to move out of her home despite the fact that she had barely turned nineteen not too long ago. Inhaling a large breath and slowly exhaling, Evangeline pushed open the door with her free hand. Peering inside, her eyes widened in relief as she saw three others, two men and a young lady. A soft smile grew on her face, and she waved sheepishly in their direction. It seemed as though she had stepped in while they were mid-conversation, and a pang of guilt washed over her. But she would have to introduce herself eventually, so she figured she'd get it over with as quickly as possible. "H-Hello!" Evangeline began speaking, though she mentally slapped herself for stuttering. She didn't want to come across as weak and fragile, hence why stumbling over her words irritated her. Clearing her throat, she continued on. "I'm here for the rooms that are up for rent?" She said, though it ended up sounding more like a question. "I'm Evangeline, but you're all free to call me Eva. I brought doughnuts!" The peach-haired girl lifted the box joyously.

(( i love them all so far omg they're all perfect ;o; yes yes, i'm very excited for my character to form relationships with the others!
    i'd love for her to have as many friends as possible ;;v;; also, i'll venture into eva's working status eventually,
    but for now she's just a poor college student trying to get by on her cash + her parent's cash TvT ))
not a talking cat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ~Under The Same Roof ~ Zodiac Role-play ~ OPEN~

Postby Rockercookie » Thu May 02, 2019 8:42 pm

Shoji Narihari
male
libra
telekinesis
tags: ozin, juniper, nixon, eva
Your average college sophomore was starting his day, as per usual. Except, it wasn't as per usual for Shoji Narihari, who finally got the sense of 'right' in his gut after such a long time. He has been working part-time jobs since high-school to rent a place, away from his family or the campus. With enough money saved to finally make this big step, Shoji couldn't be happier.

He got up, readying himself for the day. If it was something Shoji adored, it was change. Change always made things interesting, at least in his opinion. He loved the adrenaline of anything new, especially living in a different place. With one last look around his room (which he shared with two other students),Shoji picked up his suitcase and waved his friends goodbye,leaving the building.

The walk to the property wasn't a long one, and the sophomore noticed a coffee shop right besides the building. Haven't had my coffee yet this morning, guess I'll pick one later from here. Things were already looking good. With confidence in his step, Shoji opened the door to meet his new landlord.

He noticed four people instead of one and was a bit surprised, but went with it anyways. The place was huge, of course there would be other people living here as well. Shoji gave a small grin as he closed the door. "Hi everyone, my name is Shoji. Happy to make your acquaintance! I am here for the room up for rent." he gave a friendly wave as he inspected things the room.

The house looked clean and tidy, yet there was a heavy smell of smoke lingering in the air. He noticed the older man smoking in front of him and figured this was his landlord. Next to him, a girl was holding up a box, looking kind of uncomfortable in the middle of it all. He smiled, figuring she was here to rent a room as well. A faint smell of doughnuts hit his nose and he remembered just how hungry he was.

The boy with the dark brown hair was holding a suitcase as well. Shoji figured then it hasn't been a long time since the rooms were put up for rent.

Next to him, a girl with brown locks and green eyes. She seemed pretty relaxed in the presence of the other three and he figured he would eventually make friends with everyone in this room. Shoji looked forward to that, he always loved meeting new people and getting to know them.
Rockercookie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ~Under The Same Roof ~ Zodiac Role-play ~ OPEN~

Postby Consulting_Angel » Thu May 02, 2019 9:31 pm

Harley Zenon
18|Male|Aquarius
Tagged: Others in House
Today was finally the day. He would be moving into a room in what he'd seen as being a rather large house. He wondered if he'd be sharing with anyone besides the landlord - and if so, how many others. Hopefully not too many, he wasn't particularly keen on other people. He'd already saved up a great deal of money from working odd jobs back at home, as well as being a part-time dishwasher at a restaurant. It wasn't the most glamourous of jobs, but it had gotten him enough money. He did plan on finding some work while he was here, though. Harley had wanted to go to university, but as there was no way he nor his parents could have afforded it right now, he was going to have to wait until much later. Not that he'd admit to caring about it too much.

Stepping off the bus with his two suitcases when it arrived at the stop nearest to the building - which was about ten minutes away - Harley glanced around the new surroundings, taking it all in. Then, he started walking, following the directions that showed up on his phone and figuring it out pretty easily. He didn't expect there to be much room, but he did want to bring along his art supplies as well, since he definitely wanted to have and make time for his art - he'd already mentioned that when he first contacted the landlord about the room available anyway.

When Harley arrived, he was a little surprised that the door was unlocked and a little open. He went inside, glancing around, deciding that there was no point in hesitating or waiting. He came to a stop, though, when he saw a small group of people, most of them with some sort of luggage, stood around together. The only one who didn't have any luggage was smoking - which he wrinkled his nose slightly at - and was, no doubt, the landlord. That left the other four to be housemates... or competitors.

Glancing around at each of them, he tensed up a little, and chose to remain silent, not offering a greeting just yet and instead almost carefully studying them.
Consulting_Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ~Under The Same Roof ~ Zodiac Role-play ~ CLOSED ~

Postby DoughnutTheDoggo » Fri May 03, 2019 12:10 pm

Name: Brooke Ryan Phelan
Nickname: Brook
Sign: Pisces
Power: Water bending
Tags: Everyone in the house

Brooke walked up the large house she would know call home, her bag of belongings was over her shoulders, and in her arm was a container full of water and two very small koi fish.
She took a deep breath before opening the door, seeing how it looked much bigger than it did from the outside. Already knowing that there would be more people living her as well, she wouldn't be surprised if some where here already.
"Well, Venus, Cupid, welcome to our new home, I guess. Anyways, my name is Brooke Phelan, but you can call me Brook, like the stream, and I'm here for the apartment."
She walked over to her room and readjusted her hat. "I hope I can just get along with everyone here..." She quietly told herself.
Last edited by DoughnutTheDoggo on Tue May 07, 2019 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

DoughnutTheDoggo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby xXshewolvXx » Fri May 03, 2019 9:41 pm

Yuki Rose I Female I 19 I Tags: everyone in house

Yuki drags her luggage up to the door, reaching her hand out towards the handle. She hesitates, more than a little nervous about meeting her flatmates. She takes a deep breath, slowly opening the door. She gives a nervous smile, and a small wave. “My name is Yuki, I hope we can get along.” Her voice is only just loud enough for everybody to hear. She looks around and studies everyone from head to toe, hoping that she could just make some good friends for once. She carefully sits her guitar down in a corner, along with her PlayStation and Televison, and lastly, the heavy backpack containing very few clothes, her art equipment and any other things she might need. Yuki stands awkwardly beside her luggage, unsure of what to do. She looks up at the landlord, and furrows her eyebrows when she sees the smoke in his mouth.

(I’m sorry about lack of detail. I’m rather tired, I’ve had a long day)
xXshewolvXx

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

two.

Postby BlameableAmish » Sat May 04, 2019 11:44 am

[[Sorry it took so long to post. I just got home from work not too long again. As for Ozzy and Nix- my boi has some daddy issues due to his history. Because of this- he will probs see a father figure in your boi and things will be rocky. He may try to get too close- but I know there is no romancing our old man Oz. Soooo I was thinking Nixon may have a crush on Eva- if you are okay with that. just spitballing- we can DM about this too if you want. Just brainstorming.]

Nixon Osais Sow
Scorpio / Single / Intangibility / Tagged: Anyone Home

A lot could be said about a handshake. It is the initial connection between two people whether it be the first contact or otherwise. The skin-to-skin contact may be short and simple- something that was done often without thought, but the person is telling you a lot by how they introduce themselves with a handshake. From his handshake, Ozzy was more of an alpha than his aloof position would give off. His hand wasn't soft like a person who had not worked hard labor a day in his life- but there wasn't harden callouses from years of abuse. He seemed friendly but not someone you would be quick to cross. Humans were easy to understand on the surface but there were much about a person that is hidden from the world. Nix would bet all the money in his wallet that this mad had some things to hide. As for his reciprocated handshake, the younger male preferred to keep things pretty relaxed. Overall- he was more defensive in terms of strengths than offensive. He removed his hand and greeted Juniper with a nod of his head respectfully. Just as he was about to say something to her- another girl entered their shared space carrying the strong scent of fried foods and sunshine. Her face was pale and haloed by short, peach colored haired. Her big eyes sparkled with a sense of excitement but her soprano voice rang out a little hesitant. Overall, she was simply an adorable girl offering him free food. A win-win in his book. Evangeline. That named seemed larger than life to fit a girl only 5'3''- if that. Still, she radiated a warmth much like her sunshine scent and it filled it with relaxing energies. "Looks like we all had the same idea moving in today. Nice to meet you, Eva, I am Nixon. Call me Nix if you like." He offered her a warm smile just as move people entered. The blonde boy seemed excited to be here and more youthful than he thought he was in actuality. He introduced himself to Shoji with another nod. How many people did the man say was up for grabs? Were they all being rented?

The next gentleman in the house didn't introduce himself like the other. Unlike the cheery Shoji and friendly Eva- Nix always kept his distance from newcomers. Especially ones who seemed dark and mysterious. This man was both of those things and more. Licking his lips nervously, he took a step away from the group. His eyes lingered on the boy's figure before moving back to the others. He would be kind and introduce himself only if the other male did the same. That was just how he was. Two more females filed in and for a moment- it seemed the chaos was settling from all the new people joining. He was all for hanging out and getting to know his housemates more- but he wasn't feeling very comfortable doing it right this moment. Looking at the landlord, he spoke to him with a steady voice. "From the looks of it, you are about to have your hands full. Can you just point me towards my room and i will take my belongings there. If you like, I don't mind helping you if you need it. I only have these two bags so it won't take me long to get settled once I have the time later." The ever helpful Nixon, his mind chided. It may look bad that he only had two bags to his name but really- his money could buy anything he could ever want. When did he become so entitled? He glanced back to the peach-haired beauty and said, "I can make some tea to go with the gift Eva got us all."
BlameableAmish

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Juniper 2

Postby marimo. » Sat May 04, 2019 1:55 pm

(I just realised no one has a car. Also @not a talking cat, I feel like Juniper and Eva would be really good friends!)
ᒍᑌᑎIᑭEᖇ GᖇEEᑎᖴIEᒪᗪ
~18~straight~Capricorn~plant manipulation~college student~mood: hungry~location: apartment~tags: Ozzy~mentions: none~

Juniper tilts her head, jokingly scrutinising the landlord. "Nah, Smoke Dude suits you better." She decides, laughing lightly. She glances over to the door as a peach-haired, golden-eyed girl enters the house. At the sight of doughnuts, Juniper's eyes light up. "Ooh, doughnuts!" She smiles at the newcomer. "Nice move. That'd win just about anyone over. I'm Juniper, by the way." Her eyes drift past the girl as more people drift into the house, carrying various bags of all sorts. A guy with chocolate brown hair and eyes smiles at her as he enters and shakes the landlord's hand. A clam, blonde-haired and blue-eyed boy. Next came a tall, green-eyed boy who stood around staring at them all. Then a girl with blue eyes, bright red hair, and two small koi. Finally, a shy looking girl with shiny black hair and blue eyes comes into the house. The guy named Nixon speaks up, and Juniper jumps in. "Yes, I can unpack and help as well. The rest of my belongings should be coming in a couple of days, so I only have a little to unpack right now." She bounces on her heels as she waits for a reply, sneaking glances at her new roommates.
"ι ∂σ тнιηgѕ му σωη ωαу, ѕσ ∂ση'т gινє мє αηу ℓιρ αвσυт ιт."
──────────────────────────────────────────
linklinklink
link•link•link•

hey all, I'm marimo! I'm a fun l
oving person who enjoys sports,
anime, and drawing! I'm on her
e a lot in my free time so feel f
ree to pm me if you need any h
elp or simply someone to talk t
o! I like to roleplay and can be
found browsing that forum!
───────{яσяσησα zσℓσ}───
be sure to ch.
eck out the l.
inks to some.
great rolepla.
ys and shops!.
{ριяαтє нυηтєя}───
───{тυяηє∂ ριяαтє}
marimo.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

~Under The Same Roof ~

Postby not a talking cat » Sat May 04, 2019 5:46 pm

﹙ evangeline "eva" grace ▾ female ▾ cancer ▾ healing ability ﹚
    Evangeline glanced around between the three other members present and noticed the glee radiating off of Nix and Juniper. Were doughnuts really that powerful to make others shine with such happiness? Eva's smile widened, feeling she had finally done something right to please others. "Ah, Juniper! You have such a pretty name," Eva began, taking a good look at the female's face. "-and you're so pretty!" She gaped momentarily before turning her attention to Nixon after he'd piped up. A light chuckle escaped her lips upon hearing his words, and her cheeks were painted a rosy color as he smiled down at her. "Nixon.." She repeated under her breath before grinning up at the taller male. "Your name is so interesting and so lovely to say," her grin grew wider.

The door creaked open and sunlight shone through, signaling more people were entering the house. Evangeline turned around to face them, a small smile still visible on her face. A male named Shoji who seemed to be eased and aloof, like he had no cares in the world. She would have reintroduced herself then and there, if yet another person hadn't walked in so soon. This person, however, remained quiet and appeared incredibly anxious. There was a mysterious aura emitting off of him, and Eva's curiosity grew by the second. She definitely wanted to learn more about all of her new roommates, and she made a note to start off by finding out more about this peculiar person with jet black hair. Another two females walked through the sturdy wooden door, and both of them were just as interesting as the other housemates. The fishbowl with two koi piqued Eva's interest, her eyes widening with delight as the fishes remained floating in the water. Her eyes shifted over to Yuki, a quiet girl that was shorter than most that were in attendance. Evangeline flashed a kind smile at Yuki, hoping the shorter girl would welcome her as a friend rather than a foe.

Then everyone seemed to turn their eyes to the man with a cigarette in his mouth. It would be safe to assume he was the landlord of the area, considering he appeared much older and didn't have any luggage. She nodded her head at Nixon's words. "Right, knowing where our rooms are would be great." Evangeline slunk back slightly, growing shy as she realized nearly everyone had their luggage whereas Eva had only a small bag with her. Then she glanced at Juniper, and a large smile shone on her face. "Ah, then we're on the same boat! Though rather than having to wait a few days, my belongings will be getting dropped off later today. Either way, I don't have much to unpack, so I'm free to help anyone out." She looked around the room with a kindhearted smile.

It wasn't until Nixon spoke out that Evangeline remembered she was carrying a box full of doughnuts. She felt noticed, and for her, that was a huge compliment. Blood rushed to her pale cheeks, and she attempted to hide her face by shifting her gaze to the floor. "Tea would be amazing with these sweets," she mumbled quietly, grinning from ear to ear. Lifting her head to look back up at Nixon, she offered a heavenly smile. "If you'd like, I can always help you unpack..? That way, we can get to the doughnuts and tea quicker."

(( better hope that ozzy has a bus to fit everyone xD road trips! :0 yes, i love the idea of eva and juniper being friends!!
    they can be the best of friends and gossip all night to each other ;;o;; eee gal pals forever <: !!
    i think evangeline's number one goal at the moment is to make friends with all of her new housemates ^^
    ++ one final thing, i havent proofread this so please forgive me for any mistakes ;^; ))
not a talking cat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby xXshewolvXx » Sun May 05, 2019 5:13 pm

Yuki I Female I 19 I 5’1 I Virgo I Tags: Household

Yuki sees a girl that couldn’t be much taller than her flash a smile her way. She quickly returns it with a Small, shy smile of her own. This girl was really pretty, with short hair and a very slender build. Realising she’s staring and doesn’t want to come off as rude, she turns towards her luggage, slinging her guitar case over her back, and picking up whatever is left. maybe I should introduce myself... she glances at the other girl, who has mid-length brown hair and a somewhat pale complexion. no way, I’ll be far too awkward. she looks around to see that everyone already seems to be getting along. Oh isn’t this fantastic. Everyone is already making friends, and you’re just standing in the corner and staring at everyone. She only now just realises that basically everyone is taller than her. And not only that, but the landlord has got to be at least one foot taller. That also seems to be the case with another boy. Feeling out of place and intimidated, she tries to blend into the crowd.
xXshewolvXx

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PPr:Kut » Tue May 07, 2019 5:17 am

(Yikes!! I get swamped with Work and Family and think "nahhh no way there will be that much to read", and here I am, making sure I don't miss a ton of details!! By the way, if any of you haven't seen Endgame, DO IT NAOOOO it was so good!)
(By the way, giant bus road trip sounds bloody awesome and it will be done!)

Before Ozzy could say anything else, people began swimming in like a school of fish racing to get the flakey poppycock scientists invented as "food". Oh, well.... on the topic of fish, a girl with a bowl of koi walked in as well. All together, Ozzy was counting about eight. "Eight already..." He muttered to himself. Half the kids seemed to be more on the introvert aide of things, but it was expected considering this was day one of spending life in the same house with twelve other people. Needless to say, even Ozzy wasn't so sure his beloved peace and quiet would stay in this new world, but it was too late to jump back now.

Taking a large puff of tobacco, he turned his head and blew out the smoke away from the teens. Only four were left to join, but considering it wasn't even lunch yet, chances were that the others were not far behind. He carefully studied the eight, moreso the ones that came after the lanky dude and the girl who would call him Smoke Dude from now on, if that wasn't annoying enough. "Donut girl Eva" glimmering like sunshine and rainbows, "Fish Chick Brook" kept quietly to her fish, "Super Friendly Shoji" was making friends left and right, and "Looks Like A Streamer Yuki" looked ready to pass out. The others seemed kind of "meh" at the moment.

Cracking his neck, Oz figured there was enough people to begin speaking. He put the smoke back in his mouth after taking another puff, crossed his arms, and put just a tiny bit of heavy strength in a foot stomp for the attention of the masses. "OI, listen up kids. There's enough of you here for me to get things started. Firstly, the house has two upper floors. Girls get the second floor, boys get the third. There are enough rooms for each of you to have your own space so there will be no sharing. I'll go over the rules once you unpack. Oh, and I'll have the tea ready, so if anyone wants some, I'll have it here in the living room." Ozzy said with a stern but confident stride in his voice. He went into the kitchen to prepare the tea Nixon mentioned wanting to make.
PPr:Kut

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me