(Revamped, check discussion) ♢ resurrection of dragons ♢

For roleplays featuring human or human-like characters which have inhuman abilities or live in an (original) fantasy world. E.g. vampires, shape-shifters, werewolves. However this category does not include roleplays based on existing fandoms such as Twilight or Harry Potter

✯ — xia, rosemary | two.

Postby passione » Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:25 pm

✩ ┈┈ XIA⠀ARGON
          ───────────────────────────────────────

demi-girlseventeenhuman, thiefthe laketagged - mariana

the dragon took notice of her. damn.

there was no reason for it to miss xia. dragons tend to have a good sense of smell, if not intuition or something else equally as fantastical. xia felt like the dragon would have run off at first glance, but instead, it stayed there and observed for a bit before diving into the lake...

...and coming back with a sunfish.

sunfish are huge, first off. no fishing rod could have done this and if caught, these fish could be sold for a whole lot of money. xia's earlier intentions to take dragon blood from this thing drifted away. she no longer felt like sticking a needle in something now that it has offered her a gift— i mean, that was a whole sunfish at her feet. if she managed to haul this thing back to the market, she'd be set for a whole month! even if she kept this thing to herself, it'd be four days to a week's worth of food!

xia removed her bag from behind her and set little rosemary down by the fish in case it got hungry. cautiously, she headed over to the larger dragon and revealed some paper wrappings from her hands, and unravelled a fruit from it.

"you— d... do you... want... a fig?" she offered, holding the fig up to the dragon.
passione

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: (O/A) ♢ resurrection of dragons ♢

Postby honeybee. » Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:47 pm

⋯⋯⋯⋯⚗️⋯⋯⋯⋯
Maleena Briarwood
Tags: Jack
⋯⋯⋯⋯⚗️⋯⋯⋯⋯
Maleena looked abashed at the man's comment about her use of ice magic."Back when supplies weren't quite so low I used to practice with all the different types of dragon blood. You never really forget how to use it." Her phrasing suggested that the reason she stopped was the lack of supplies, but that wasn't quite true. After all, you'd expect that by this point she'd have chosen a favourite type of magic and created a charm from it, leaving her with a long-term supply of magic that would use less dragon blood than just drinking it. No, Maleena had decided that magic was tricky and unreliable whilst a crossbow bolt to the head or a knife to the heart would never do you wrong. She'd learnt that the hard way. Still, using the ice magic made her feel powerful and she hated herself for it. She couldn't wait for it to work its way out of her system so she could forget about borrowing power from some ancient, evil, winged creature and at the same time she didn't want it to go.

The man's response to her curiosity was as she expected, cryptic. He gave her two stories-both potentially possible but both unlikely. His recently deceased rich father kept dilute dragon blood in his treasure room in a water skin? Hardly. Though she supposed that the man may have added a vial of dragon blood to a water skin in the hope of exchanging it for a greater amount of dragon blood. A real, live dragon seemed even less likely. No one had seen a dragon for a hundred years, they'd know if one had suddenly appeared. Leena expected that neither story was true, especially since the man's face had took on an eager, story-teller's expression. His eyes, which had lit up, were as golden as his hair, the beautiful colour putting her in mind of her great-grandmother's old stories of the murder of Justine, the species traitor. He might be a liar, but so were most of the clients that came in here. At least he was an entertaining liar, and she could hardly deny that grin.

"Scales like a sea urchin? A blizzard in a volcano?" She repeated, "I'd like to see that." And lock the evil beast away, and harvest it's blood to sell, she added in her head. The older Briarwoods had always taught her how dragons were the embodiment of evil, how though beautiful they would steal the food you needed to live and hoard all the world's wealth and power.

Her father returned with a large vial of fire dragon blood which Maleena poured carefully into the second small vial she'd retrieved while he informed their customer of the trading cost, for the vials and suchlike. Carefully stoppering the vial she slid it towards the man.

"That's one vial of fire dragon blood." She held out her right hand, palm up, minimising all use of her shoulder and keeping her other hand wrapped lightly around the man's new vial. "And I'll be needing the coin back."
honeybee.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spiritstar3 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:27 pm

Jezzabel Rose Lantos- female- 27- Human- Stable keeper- Ring that allows light magic (can’t use often)- Tags: Sadija, Brinder

The redhead attempted a shrug, which didn’t really work out. “I, um...I mean, if you want to make some tea... There’s peach and cinnamon apple.” she muttered with a nod of her head. She suddenly was hungry for some meat...Well, really, the deer that hopefully had been recovered and placed somewhere safe. She gave a quiet sigh to herself, shaking her head a bit. She glanced to the dogs as they yipped and wagged, nodding to them.

(hope one paragraph is fine for her for now...)

Brinder Morr Hestis- male- 25- First Gen Scale Descendant- Ranger- Animal summon magic book, minor wind, possibly magic bracelet- Tags: Sadija and Jezza

The dark haired boy huffed a bit as he continued to wait. When a voice came to his ears, he glanced up to see a dark haired woman. Nodding to her, he held the sword out to her. “I assume this is yours, because I know it isn’t hers.” the scale descendant said matter-of-factly. He shook the hand since she extended it, saying “My name is Brinder Hestis.” with a small nod.

He stepped inside with a quiet huff, immediately heading for the redhead’s bedroom. He knew exactly where it was, because she’d put him in it once when he fainted at her door with a fever. When he saw Jezza’s state, he growled. “Who did this? Why is she like this? Did someone attack you? Did she use her ring?” he asked, almost too fast.

Baelfire- male, homosexual- like 60- Dragon- Blue fire breath, swift, floating- Tags: Varis, Lukas

The tan and brown dragon huffed a bit when one dragon spoke in a lowered tone to the other...He’d winced and lowered his head a bit when the dragon hissed, the protective one. However, now his head was raised back up once more. He watched the wingless dragon, wingless just like him which made him nearly purr. However, instead he kept quiet, scolding himself a bit.

He muttered “Kin...” then shook his head and his whole furry body, fluffy ended tail flicking a bit. “Well, yes, I’ve woken as well.” he huffed, ears going back a moment. He snorted when the other acted like he was being sized up...Shaking himself again, he settled a bit, tail curling about his feet, paws, whatever. His ears and nose twitched a few times, then stopped. “My name is Baelfire, nice to meet you. Who is your friend?” he asked. “I am a...an... Eastern dragon?” he said, a question rather than a statement.

Renn- female, bi- like 60- Dragon- Black fire breath, swift, floating- Tags: Molan, maybe Mariana

The brown dragon made a small sound as her cousin nuzzled her, opening her eyes slowly with a soft huff when he spoke to her. She nodded, saying “Yes, Bael.” and standing up. Just like he had, she shook herself, stretching a bit. She watched where he went, seeing he’d gone towards the forests.

Therefore, she turned her head towards where a lake was, trotting down towards said clear body of water. She gave a low purr as she began to trot now, shaking herself a few times during a small pause she took. She purred again, taking to trotting once more. She huffed as she walked, seeing the lake in the distance. However, she then got this sense from above, looking up...There was a dragon up there, she mused to herself. “Hello!” she called, starting to float off the ground.
Spiritstar3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SunnyJustice » Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:49 pm

Mariana
Water dragon
Tags: Xia, a bABY

-----Mariana blinked in surprise as the human removed something unexpected from its bag. She felt a warmth in her chest at the sight - a tiny nestling dragon, soft and scaleless. Mariana could sense the baby's faint floral scent, previously disguised by the human's overwhelming strange smell.
-----Where was this little darling's parents? Mariana doubted a human would steal a baby from its family, so she assumed they were separated for other reasons - and the human had adopted it. The bonding abilities of humans were remarkable, Ness had said. From falcons to felines, humans' big hearts allowed them to take any creature as family. It was adorable.
-----"My dear, is this human your mummy?" Mariana hummed in soft draconic tongue to the baby.
-----The human itself soon approached Mariana, causing the water-dragon to flatten her fins in an attempt to look less threatening. The poor little creature looked a little hesitant. With its small naked paws, it unwrapped what appeared to be a tasty fruit. It spoke in broken human dialect but seemed to be offering the fruit to her - a gesture of peace and kindness.
-----"Thank you, human. It seems my mother was right about your kind." Her telepathy was a little out-of-practice, but it was worth a try. Slowly, Mariana inched her snout towards the human. She picked up the fruit with the tip of her maw, holding it for a moment as she looked at the human with shining eyes.
-----Mariana ate the little fig, savoring the taste, and then peered down at the human (and its adopted baby) with concerned eyes. "Did you come here because of your ... child?"
SunnyJustice

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cocogerber13 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:56 pm

//Jack Burnfield//human rouge//earth, boosted jump, minor telekinesis//tags: Maleena

Jack nodded in agreement to Maleena’s comment on the recollection of magic. “The spark of magic in one’s veins does does conjure up the feeling of distant familiarity. Probably from when the dragons masqueraded as us.” The blond’s expression changed to one with slight irritation at the second part of their remark.

Their frown was replaced with a grin when the topic returned to the story of how he had gotten his hands on the valuable material, the gesture only growing when the woman’s expression told her disbelief of either. At least the “true” story variation Jack has told would probably keep the hunter from going after the two dragons from before.

“Everything’s exactly how I said it!” The man supported. “I barely escaped with my life, if you can believe the tale. Perhaps the beast was the one of legend, his heated heart turned ice cold in his slumber.” Jack guessed, this time allowing his thoughts to stray back to the two dragons he had seen. Indeed they had mirrored the longer, snake-like shape that the fire Titan had boasted, but neither looked quite like him. Perhaps it was the colour.

Jack’s eyes drifted thoughtfully to where the shop owner had disappeared, only for him to blink a few times when the man actually reappeared. He watched patiently as he calculated the cost of the vials and purification process, then glanced over eagerly when Maleena held up the vial of violet. He shifted over swiftly, holding up the coin in one hand but closing his fingers around it as the shopkeeper asked for it back. “Hm, without it being tested?” He questioned in falsified confusion. “Mine was proven real, it’s only fair. Who knows, if it is than I may even return to sell off more of my own findings. That would be good for your little business, yes?” He tilted his head to the side, the previously playful look over his features now shifting into something a little more serious.

(Am planning on getting up the other responses within the next few days!)
╔══════════════════════════════════╗
☾ Hello! I'm Cocogerber13, °˖✧

but feel free to call me Coco.
toyhouse|IG|art gallery|
DA|FR|art fight|Character shop
♢I write, draw, and rp!♢

Current interests: Fionna & Cake/Adventure Time, Genshin Impact, HSR, Baldur’s Gate 3, botw, fe3h, Ev.e, MILGRAM, ORV & Twisted Wonderland

Image Image Image

╚══════════════════════════════════╝
cocogerber13

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cocogerber13 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:35 pm

//Lukas//dragon//frost//tags: Varis, Baelfire

Lukas kept his head still, watching the new dragon attentively as his neck arched an coiled like a serpent preparing to strike. The striped beast showed so signs of hearing Varis’ speechless response aside from the slight lowering of jaw and pinned back ears. He made no move to attack however, and stood ready to pounce if the situation called for it. Normally Lukas would not have been so keen to keep his eyes off of Varis himself either, however the other dragon had more than proven himself trustworthy when the two had had a run in with those humans. At the very least Lukas felt he owed the other a favour for transporting his unconscious body. Thus, if they were attacked, Lukas was ready to leap in and take it.

Luckily it seemed their caution was unnecessary for the moment. The being that the drake inferred slightly bear-like appeared perplexed by the situation, too much to properly put up a fight. Lukas still didn’t let this ease his stance and had poised himself next to Varis when he started to speak. At the jade dragon’s introduction teal eyes shifted to gift him a side-glance. Lukas has not heard his companion’s name before that- it was rather hard when there was a picked fight between them and the humans. The title did strike him as something intricate and Lukas wondered if there was more to the name than what Varis had mentioned. Lukas’ own had been picked out from a stolen human storybook, though he would never admit the origin to anyone.

The part of awakened from slumber also piqued Lukas’ interest. There must have been a reason they were only able to wake now, and it very well could have been the antics of humans wanting to draw the dragons out and drain their blood. His feathers bristled at that thought. The striped reptile allowed himself to be distracted by the newcomer’s voice as he spoke up, nodding at his name and tilting his head slightly at the inquiry. “Yes, it seems we are all dragons of a feather.” He hummed out smoothly, impatience interrupting the calm like shards of ice. “I believe that we now have some more pressing matters at hand though, some that I believe could relate to the humans that dwell in this land.” A forked tongue shot out of Lukas’ tiger-like maw.’”ah, and I am called Lukas the Cold Caller.” He quipped, eloquently tacking on the last bit.

toyhouse|IG|art gallery|
♢I write, draw, and rp!♢

Current interests: Fionna & Cake/Adventure Time, Genshin Impact, HSR, Baldur’s Gate 3, botw, fe3h, Ev.e, MILGRAM, ORV & Twisted Wonderland

Image Image Image

cocogerber13

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spiritstar3 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:31 am

Jezzabel Rose Lantos- female- 27- Human- Stable keeper- Ring that allows light magic (can’t use often)- Tags: Sadija, Brinder

The redhead attempted a shrug, which didn’t really work out. “I, um...I mean, if you want to make some tea... There’s peach and cinnamon apple.” she muttered with a nod of her head. She suddenly was hungry for some meat...Well, really, the deer that hopefully had been recovered and placed somewhere safe. She gave a quiet sigh to herself, shaking her head a bit. She glanced to the dogs as they yipped and wagged, nodding to them.

Brinder Morr Hestis- male- 25- First Gen Scale Descendant- Ranger- Animal summon magic book, minor wind, possibly magic bracelet- Tags: Sadija and Jezza

The dark haired boy huffed a bit as he continued to wait. When a voice came to his ears, he glanced up to see a dark haired woman. Nodding to her, he held the sword out to her. “I assume this is yours, because I know it isn’t hers.” the scale descendant said matter-of-factly. He shook the hand since she extended it, saying “My name is Brinder Hestis.” with a small nod.

He stepped inside with a quiet huff, immediately heading for the redhead’s bedroom. He knew exactly where it was, because she’d put him in it once when he fainted at her door with a fever. When he saw Jezza’s state, he growled. “Who did this? Why is she like this? Did someone attack you? Did she use her ring?” he asked, almost too fast.

Baelfire- male, homosexual- like 60- Dragon- Blue fire breath, swift, floating- Tags: Varis, Lukas

The tan and brown dragon huffed a bit when one dragon spoke in a lowered tone to the other...He’d winced and lowered his head a bit when the dragon hissed, the protective one. However, now his head was raised back up once more. He watched the wingless dragon, wingless just like him which made him nearly purr. However, instead he kept quiet, scolding himself a bit.

He muttered “Kin...” then shook his head and his whole furry body, fluffy ended tail flicking a bit. “Well, yes, I’ve woken as well.” he huffed, ears going back a moment. He snorted when the other acted like he was being sized up...Shaking himself again, he settled a bit, tail curling about his feet, paws, whatever. His ears and nose twitched a few times, then stopped. “My name is Baelfire, nice to meet you. Who is your friend?” he asked. “I am a...an... Eastern dragon?” he said, a question rather than a statement.
(for dave)

The young male shook his tan and brown fur, head tilting slightly and ears twitching as he studied Lukas, waiting for Varis to say something; anything would do. He tilted his head further when the blue dragon side eyed the green one, then shrugged to himself. His fluff-ended tail continued to flick, much like a cat’s denoting nerves, or curiosity, or both. He let out a thrumming sound, wondering if he needed a double name...Varis had one, like one of those...what were they? Humans? Yes, like a human.

The tan and brown beast noticed when the blue and stripey one looked at him. The nod earned made him relax a bit. He nodded at the blue dragon, still waiting for the jade to speak again, even just one word. “Um...yes.” was all he managed to say about a situation involving humans...Shaking his head, he stood to shake his whole body then sat once again. “Erm...are dragons meant to have a double name?” he asked, unsure. “I have blue fire, and can float.” he muttered.

Renn- female, bi- like 60- Dragon- Black fire breath, swift, floating- Tags: Molan, maybe Mariana

The brown dragon made a small sound as her cousin nuzzled her, opening her eyes slowly with a soft huff when he spoke to her. She nodded, saying “Yes, Bael.” and standing up. Just like he had, she shook herself, stretching a bit. She watched where he went, seeing he’d gone towards the forests.

Therefore, she turned her head towards where a lake was, trotting down towards said clear body of water. She gave a low purr as she began to trot now, shaking herself a few times during a small pause she took. She purred again, taking to trotting once more. She huffed as she walked, seeing the lake in the distance. However, she then got this sense from above, looking up...There was a dragon up there, she mused to herself. “Hello!” she called, starting to float off the ground.
Spiritstar3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby honeybee. » Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:12 am

⋯⋯⋯⋯⚗️⋯⋯⋯⋯
Maleena Briarwood
⋯⋯⋯⋯⚗️⋯⋯⋯⋯
Maleena's own expression mimicked that of the man's upon mention of the dragons 'masquerading' in human form. The foul creatures couldn't just be happy with their own powerful forms, they had to befoul the human race as well.

The man continued to entertain her with the tale of the dragon he apparently retrieved the blood from.
"Somehow I don't reckon that's how it works." The thought of Hotei becoming an ice dragon was amusing,though the many tales of the fire dragon being set to rest in a volcano made her certain it wasn't possible. She was dubious about the whole 'barely escaped with his life' bit too, this didn't look like a man who'd fought a dragon. Maleena expected a run-in with a dragon would leave you with worse injuries than a run-in with a bear. "Perhaps you could make a better living telling tall tales to nobles than selling dragon's blood." Her voice showed her amusement as she spoke, showing that though she didn't believe him she wasn't criticising him for his lies.

"It would be a lot easier for you to leave without paying than it would be for us to cheat you." Maleena pointed out, as the man asked to test the blood. Nevertheless, she released her grip on the vial and watched the man carefully, resting her hand with the palm up on the counter. She supposed she could have tested the blood herself to prove that it was genuine, but she didn't particularly want to add fire magic to the ice magic already in her system. If he decided to do a runner she'd just have to shoot him, or maybe freeze the door shut since that seemed to be an option for the next few minutes. She looked intrigued at the implication that he'd return with more items to sell but her father had already left again, taking the new dragon blood with him.
"There was a time when this shop sold our own findings," she mused, "But I guess your findings would be better than nothing." The man looked serious now and, though her lack of knowledge about the true source of his 'findings' made her nervous, a business deal could be a wise move. It wouldn't make them as much as a profit as before but some profit was better than the nothing they'd be getting once their stocks ran out. She looked at him, her own face becoming serious as she thought.
"If we're going to be seeing more of each other, you should at least give me something to call you."
Last edited by honeybee. on Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
honeybee.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cocogerber13 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:18 am

//Jack Burnfield//human rouge//earth, boosted jump, minor telekinesis//tags: Maleena

Jack merely shrugged his shoulders at Maleena’s doubt. The lies were harmless anyway, and his thoughtful musings were entertaining at the very least. Entertaining was enough to keep his findings to himself.

The man chuckled at her suggestion, gently shaking his head. “Merely making a living isn’t what I’m after. I’ve made plans.” Jack said ominously, yet his tone was light hearted. “I wonder which part of my story gave me away though?” Golden eyes moved back to glance at the woman’s shoulder. It had been evident when she moved that something was weird with it, and considering Jack hadn’t yet been robbed perhaps there really was an injury. From what, however, he didn’t know- and didn’t ask about.

At the comment about it being easier for him to just leave, Jack sniffed. He revealed the coin again and flipped it onto the counter. “I suppose, plus you have your shop’s reputation to worry about.” Though such places were notorious for being sketchy, if word came out that they cheated their customers than they would lose the interest of anyone interested in dragon blood. The blond watched Maleena as he carefully took the new vial. “You already have the blood I’ve given in exchange though, so I really have no choice but to believe that it’s real.” Jack sighed and pocketed the liquid magic. “There was a time this kind of information wouldn’t even be considered ‘findings’, but the world changes and so do we. Have you given some thought to what this place will turn to without any more dragons..?” He wondered, slightly changing the topic. Yet as he questioned the shop’s future his mind strayed back to the two dragons he had seen. The more he thought about it, they didn’t seem very experienced in not getting caught by humans, even if they had apparently hidden themselves long enough to escape capture. There was also the fact that, when Jack had come on the scene, one of the monsters seemed to have been conversed with the two women. That meant that at least three people knew of them- two of which might very well mention the encounter to one of the royal guards.

As Jack turned to leave he paused, then looked sharply back at Maleena. “Actually... I’d be willing to let you in on my search if your shoulder won’t slow you down. And if you’re interested of course. The loot would be split fifty-fifty.” Though it would be a tad less satisfying than if he had all the profit, he hoped she would accept. Slaying a dragon was no easy feat alone, even outfitted in magic bearing clothing.

Jack’s eyes widened slightly at the realisation that he hadn’t actually introduced himself yet. Turning around to face her again, he swept an arm in front of his chest and gave a reverent bow before straightening his posture. “Jack Burnfield at your service.” A new grin splayed across his face.

toyhouse|IG|art gallery|
♢I write, draw, and rp!♢

Image Image Image

cocogerber13

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby honeybee. » Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:04 am

⋯⋯⋯⋯⚗️⋯⋯⋯⋯
Maleena Briarwood
⋯⋯⋯⋯⚗️⋯⋯⋯⋯
The man's response to her suggestion of making storytelling his career was a little ominous. Maleena wondered what his plan was - to take over the world perhaps? She wouldn't have any particular objections."You look like you've come from a pleasant stroll in the woods, not a fierce battle against a dragon." She informed him when he asked what had given him away.

She nodded gratefully when he returned the coin. .

"Thieves generally don't get repeat custom." She agreed at his talk of reputation. Selling dragon blood wasn't the cleanest of professions but the general rules of business still applies. At her customer's question as to what would become of the shop without dragons, an end that was coming nearer and nearer with their dwindling stores, Leena shrugged.
"I guess it'll become nothing. We've made our living off dragon magic for hundreds of years, what else is there for us? The Briarwoods will lose everything we've ever known and probably slowly starve to death." She had clearly given this some thought before and had resigned herself to that fate since she spoke those words with very little emotion.
"Or perhaps I'll just become an assassin and we can carry on pretending to sell herbs and concoctions and fake magic items," she added jokingly though this was actually a serious consideration, anything to keep her family in its high standing. Not that she was an experienced enough murderer to make a very expensive assassin, she'd only ever killed one person.

Maleena was a little disappointed when the man turned to leave, she would be stuck behind a counter with her father in an empty shop once more, so when the man spike again and offered to let her in on his hunt for dragon blood her eyes widened and all attempts to prevent an eager grin spreading across her face failed.
"My shoulder?" she repeated, a little embarrassed that someone had noticed her weakness.
"It's only a little stiff, you should have seen it a week past. I would have no problem keeping up."
Maleena would have much preferred to be leading her own search rather than be 'let in on' someone else's but the pay would be fifty-fifty and she would be out finding her own dragon blood as a true Briarwood should, not selling a dwindling supply of pitiful leftovers.
"Yes, I guess I could help you with your hunt." She spoke as if she was doing him a favour to protect her pride, despite her secret gratitude at the offer. When the man finally gave her his name, Maleena stepped out from behind the counter and moved to shake his hand."Well then, Jack. It's a pleasure to be working with you."She grinned back at him.
"Since we're partners now, does that mean you're going to tell me just where that blood actually came from?"
honeybee.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me