The Dark Carnival (Need People)

For roleplays featuring human or human-like characters which have inhuman abilities or live in an (original) fantasy world. E.g. vampires, shape-shifters, werewolves. However this category does not include roleplays based on existing fandoms such as Twilight or Harry Potter

Re: The Dark Carnival (New & Accepting)

Postby Consulting_Angel » Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:21 am

Harley Ashworth
20|Male|Human
Tagged: Ravi, Atla
He continued to look at the art, until the young woman who was sat on the couch tapped on it, and he turned around quickly. He had been wondering if she was trying to get his attention - and it was obvious when she started to sign at him. It only took a few moments before he figured out what she was 'saying' to him. He worked with a deaf tattoo artist, who had taught him quite a bit of sign language, and it stuck with Harley well. He was glad - he wouldn't know what to do otherwise.

'Yes, it is.' He signed back, and also spoke as he signed, because he wasn't sure if Atla was deaf, or if she just couldn't speak. A fair few designs had caught his eye, so he decided to keep them in mind and maybe ask about them later.

When Ravi came out with the mugs, he accepted the tea with a "Thank you," and he gently blew the surface of the tea before taking a careful sip of it, hardly noticing that anything was particularly off.
Consulting_Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SpaceAsylum » Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:37 am

Atla // Female // Vessel/Fire Demon // Carnival Grounds: Dystopian Ink // Tags: Kim Ravi, Harley
      Atla blinked in surprise, oh that fixed a lot of issues. A distaste that he could do it a bit better than she, but no matter, at least he could understand her.

As Kim came out with the drinks, she took the mug gently and gestured towards Harley that she could, in fact, hear him. Well, as best she could with one hand anyway. Peering down at the coffee she took an experimental sip and immediately recoiled. Fire demon or not, it didn't protect her from stupid decisions.

Pouting at the fact she just did that, she only barely caught Ravi shoving his hand into his pocket. Giving a quick concerned look, eyes darting between him and Harley. Atla was never really aware of how hard others had to hold forms, hers came natural to her and only really slipped if she stressed. It didn't stop her concern from showing, albeit briefly.

Hopefully she didn't have to set a fire as distraction.
SpaceAsylum

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby WhiskeyFox » Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:47 am

[Kim Ravi - 19 - Male - Fox Demon - Dystopian Ink - Tags: Atla, Harley]
Ravi glanced at Atla as she suddenly recoiled, "I told you it was hot." He stated with a hint of, I-told-you-so. Then gently blew on his green tea and took a sip of it.
He didn't miss Atla's concerning look though, 'I'll be fine' He mouthed with an eye smile, then turned his attention Harley.
"So, what do you for like a living and stuff?" The smaller questioned, tilting his head ever so slightly, like he always did when asking questions.
Last edited by WhiskeyFox on Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImageImage

xxxxImageImage
xx⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯Image⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯
xxx┍──────────────────────┑
xxxxxxxxxTill Death We do Art
xxxxxxxAdult™|They/Them|Danmei
xxx┕──────────────────────┙
xxxxxxxxx
x⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯Image⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯
xxxxxxxxxImage
xxxxxxxx⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯
xxxxxGift Them - FR - Art Shop
xxxxxxxx⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯
WhiskeyFox

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Consulting_Angel » Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:05 am

Harley Ashworth
20|Male|Human
Ah, so she could hear him. That was a relief, he didn't have an extensive grasp or knowledge of sign language, so at least that made things a bit easier. He did wonder if it would be easier for the young woman to just write what she wanted to 'say', but he didn't have any paper or a pen on hand to offer her. No matter - this set up worked quite good at the moment.

He glanced towards Atla when she recoiled from the heat of her drink. He still didn't really notice anything quite off, but he did see Atla give Ravi a concerned look. Was something wrong? What was going on that he'd somehow missed? He tried to come up with some sort of explanation himself, but just couldn't think of anything reasonable. Maybe he'd just been seeing things. He wasn't sure.

When Ravi asked what he did, Harley pushed his previous thoughts and questions about what he saw - or hadn't seen - out of his head, to focus on answering. "I work a couple of jobs, to keep things together. Half the time I work as a motorcycle mechanic, and the other half I'm a tattoo artist. Designed all my tattoos myself. Got someone else to do them for me, though, of course." Harley replied. Then he briefly gestured to the three places that his tattoos were - left of his torso, right upper arm and left lower arm.
"What about you two?" he asked, curiously, and drank some more of the tea carefully.
Consulting_Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby WhiskeyFox » Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:15 am

Ravi listened with interest and also tried to dismiss Harley's inquisitive looks. He then perked up at the mention of motorcycles, as he was quite a fan himself. Jumping off the sofa and setting the steaming mug on the glass table, "Mind if I have a look?" He asked as he pointed to Harley's arm.
"I work and live here." The silver haired boy said nonchalantly, as he leaned back on the sofa again, while waiting for permission to examine the tattoos. "Atla here, also lives at the carnival, she's in charge of the fire shows and different performances." Ravi also added as he motioned over to Atla.

xxxxImageImage
xxxxxxxxx
x⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯Image⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯
xxxxxxxxxImage
xxxxxxxx⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯
xxxxxxxx⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯
WhiskeyFox

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SpaceAsylum » Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:22 am

Atla // Female // Vessel/Fire Demon // Carnival Grounds: Dystopian Ink // Tags: Kim Ravi, Harley
      Still somewhat nursing her temporary mess up Atla preferred to carefully sip the drink instead. Her concern was replaced quickly with a childish glee upon actually tasting the substance in her cup.

She almost forgot the whole situation and had turned to ramble to Ravi when she realized she was in a conversation. Though it didn't stifle her curiosity at his mention of motorcycles-- wait whats a motorcycle--

The overwhelming bitterness attempted to fight its way back into her mind as she gave a curt nod at his words. Setting her drink down next to Ravis to 'speak'. "Fire, Dance, Show yes!" It was almost... Scary how her eyes glinted with enthusiasm at the mention of fire.
SpaceAsylum

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Consulting_Angel » Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:26 am

Harley Ashworth
20|Male|Human
He saw how Ravi perked up when he mentioned what he did. He hadn't quite expected to garner such an interest from him, but he supposed that should be expected, considering he'd guessed this is were Ravi worked. "Sure." Harley agreed, with a shrug. He didn't mind showing his tattoos to anyone - so long as they asked, of course.
He set his jacket and the mug of tea down on a counter, to free up his arms. Then, Harley held out his left arm, and lifted up his t-shirt enough so that the tattoo on his torso could be viewed clearly.

"Fire shows? That sounds pretty cool. Must be a lot of work." Harley replied, glancing towards Atla for a moment as he spoke. Then, he realised that he hadn't even introduced himself to the other two yet. "Oh, I'm Harley Ashworth, by the way." he said.
Consulting_Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby WhiskeyFox » Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:34 am

Ravi smiled at Atla's enthusiasm as well, "Say, do you have a performance planned for today?" He asked softly. He didn't know everyone's schedules because the carnival was open 24/7 and different creatures preferred to work at different times of day.

At the offer to have a look at the tattoos Ravi stepped a bit closer and examined the rib piece (speaking from experience ribs hurt to tattoo x'D), he moved up his free hand and gently pressed on the skin and looked at the way the ink was laid down, Your tattoo artists did a good job, gotta give them that." He commented as he moved around to look at the arm, pieces. His large bushy tail just coming in to view and disappearing as quickly.
"I'm Ravi." The smaller introduced himself as he stepped back satisfied with his observations of the work.

xxxxImageImage
xxxxxxxxx
x⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯Image⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯
xxxxxxxxxImage
xxxxxxxx⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯
xxxxxxxx⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯
WhiskeyFox

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Consulting_Angel » Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:50 am

Harley Ashworth
20|Male|Human
"Well, if there is a performance today, then I think I'll make the time to see it for sure." Harley said. Wait. He just realised - had Atla spoken? Without opening her mouth? Or... this was a little confusing.

He tensed up a little when Ravi touched the tattoo - he wasn't really used to someone else touching him, even despite the tattoos. Though he supposed there was a difference. He nodded in agreement. "I work with some excellent artists." Harley replied. "That one was my first one, got it the day I turned 18. I'm planning on another, just figuring out what I want first." he explained. His eyes widened slightly when he saw what he thought was a tail come into view. But then it disappeared just as quickly, so he wasn't even sure if he even saw it. Maybe it was a trick of the light.
He let go of his t-shirt, letting it fall back into place on its own, and waited as Ravi examined the art on his arms.
"It's good to meet you both." Harley said.
Consulting_Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SpaceAsylum » Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:58 am

Atla // Female // Vessel/Fire Demon // Carnival Grounds: Dystopian Ink // Tags: Ravi, Harley
      Almost instantly Alta gave a firm nod. She only had one show, simple flame weaving, but a show none-the-less. Doesnt make it any less fun for her. Though she'd have to make sure her blade was still in her hidey hole....

She watched as Ravi examined Harleys tattoo's, even from her position she could tell they were well designed. Clearly alot of care. Atla, clearly was too enraptured with the examination to really notice anything off. Too caught in her enthusiasm to really realize she had actually spoken, nor notice the tails disappearing act.

As they exchanged names, she only played with her fingers, attempting to remember the proper way to sign A. Was there a sign for her name?? "Atla" she slowly fingerspelled. Alphabets were never a strongsuit. Then, began practicing Harleys name... What was y again?
SpaceAsylum

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me