A New Friend by Loelya

Based on Click to view
Artist Loelya [gallery]
Time spent 2 hours
Drawing sessions 3
57 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

A New Friend

Postby Loelya » Sun Mar 31, 2024 4:17 pm

The moment you set out from your crouched hiding place, a voice crows "I knew it!" and you feel a vice-like grip on your shoulder.

You prepare to scream or fight or something to get away, but before you can move a muscle, you're being pulled back into the shelter of the crates behind you, and the voice is hissing urgently, "SHHH! Shut up, shut up -- okay? I'm not gonna hurt you, just listen to me for a moment."

Finally, you manage to lock gazes with your "attacker" and the first thought you have is that well... if he is a pirate... he's certainly a young one.

He's dressed in ill-fitting clothes with a dusty cap and worn working gloves. He sort of grins and cocks his head at you when he realizes you're looking him over. "Sorry about that. But since you're soaking wet I figure you probably came down the well, so I've been waiting around to see if I could get a look at you. I almost gave up and thought I'd imagined you. But you happened to dart out towards the tunnels about two seconds before I headed back to the ship. Look... I got a favor to ask. We'll call it a trade, I bet you're looking to get out of here, right? I'll tell you how, if you'll do something for me..."

Before you can say anything or agree to this arrangement, the pirate bends down, pulls a sack from behind a large chest, and very carefully unties the cord keeping it shut. As he tugs at the opening, a little mewing sound reaches your ears. Then he stands up with a kitten in his arms... with a set of bat wings and a scorpion tail?

"I need you to take this little thing with you," He pleads. "Look, I'm just a skipper around here. They'll just laugh me off the ship if I tried to do anything. Probably throw me in the Deep for kicks. But they want to take this critter and put it on an auction block. Think it's really endangered or something... supposedly they make good guard animals because of the stinger and being really loyal types and all." The skipper shakes his head. "Don't wanna see this little thing go to the highest bidder, y'know? It's just a baby. Think you can take it off my hands?"

He settles the creature in your arms, and it immediately begins to purr. With a laugh, he points towards the tunnels and gives you some basic instructions. You nod along, trying to remember everything he says.

"Anyways. That's about it. The portal down there is one-way back to your world, and the well is one-way here. There's a bunch of other ones and this little thing might be able to help you find them if you raise 'em right. Since you got through once you're guaranteed to be able to do it again." He tips his hat at you and turns away. "I gotta go. If they catch me then we'll both be in trouble."

You watch the skipper leave and take a deep breath, then make for the tunnels as fast as you can. Turn right, then left, then right again. You find the portal with ease, and look down at the sleeping bundle in your arms.

Maybe you can come back someday. And taking care of this little creature is sure to be an adventure unto itself. But for right now, at least you've found a way home.

💚🧡💚🧡
Loelya

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: A New Friend

Postby Loelya » Sun Mar 31, 2024 4:17 pm

💚🧡💚🧡

Hello!
Thank you so much for playing!

I am so delighted that everyone decided to jump in again and play another round with me. ^o^ I think going forward, my plan is to aim to do one of these each time CS has a daily event of some kind? C: then I have some assurance that people are likely logging in regularly and will see my posts in time to play. This would mean an easter event game, summer event game, halloween event game, and christmas event game each year. We can see how it goes but I really think that could be a fun approach!

Last time I hosted a game, I tried to make some badges for it and it didn't go very well. XD They were way too big and somehow also sort of crunchy/low res. idk how that happened. But I've remedied that and made some new ones that should be smaller and easier to use if you'd like them! :3
Then there's also this treasure that I just couldn't let y'all leave without from the previous page. xD Feel free to use this as a sticker or badge as well!

I'm gonna do prize categories again like last time! ^u^ check out the lists below to see what you can claim:

Category 1 : All players!

Little Maple, sosadtoobad, Cherrysong2003, strangetales, almondkitty, onion, Hyperotreti, RedtailTheWarrior, LavenderRain, nio, skittleswolf, Copperbeat, Mastema-Rastus, Lemon Bark, rainboxys, LunarFae, horsetigers, Exitium, Ephras, cas:3, emblo, Goddess Sword, ∂αмє υмвяα, Zukana13731, Clementine Cloud, SunstonePhoenix, gardog, COOLDOGOOO, FluffyBirdie, TheSongOfTheStars, BadgerBuddies, AuntieKitty1992, TheOrphanmaker, I Like Bees, Raptocidic, apricott, blizzard180, Hawk WillowWatcher, Deercan

These are the names of all users who posted or voted at all in the game from start to finish. If I missed you, please let me know! I'm going to host a raffle for this group in 2 days - if you win, you'll get your choice of either an "Easter Basket" or any one pet from this group. C:

The "Easter Basket" prize is 25 tokens! BUT if you'd like, you can swap out any token from this quantity for an equivalent of 2 c$. So if you'd rather have the c$ than the tokens, the total would end up being 50 c$ - or you can mix and get something like 20 c$ and 15 tokens or anything in-between.

Same as last time, I'm gonna ask you to post here on this thread to claim your spot in the raffle! ^o^

Category 2 : Intrepid Adventurers

Little Maple, sosadtoobad, Cherrysong2003, onion, Hyperotreti, LavenderRain, nio, skittleswolf, Mastema-Rastus, Lemon Bark, LunarFae, rainboxys, Ephras, Goddess Sword, Zukana13731, Clementine Cloud, COOLDOGOOO, TheSongOfTheStars, BadgerBuddies

Y'all from this group voted at least three times (some of you all four times!) and played the game all the way through! ;U; I am throwing many green and orange hearts your way. I also want to invite you to pick any 5 pets from either my "general" or "unknown rarity" groups to adopt! I'm low on rares this go-round so if you can't find anything in the general groups you'd like, you can choose to receive 5 c$ + 1 token from me instead. ^u^ (If you think I might have missed you in this group let me know!)

Category 3 : Not Like The Other Chickens

Hyperotreti, LavenderRain, Lemon Bark, LunarFae, Goddess Sword, Zukana13731, Clementine Cloud, COOLDOGOOO, Little Maple, TheSongOfTheStars

Y'all were Such Troopers but you kept getting overruled by the majority vote! xD consider this a consolation prize if you like! You were overruled at least twice and kept going anyways. I'd like to invite you to adopt any 3 pets from my "general" or "unknown rarity" groups, or if you can't find anything in the general groups you'd like, you can choose to receive 5 c$ from me instead. ^u^ (If you think I might have missed you in this group let me know!)

Category 4 : The Detectives

Hyperotreti, RedtailTheWarrior, LavenderRain, LemonBark, LunarFae, Goddess Sword, Clementine Cloud, gardog, COOLDOGOOO, rainboxys, apricott, skittleswolf, AuntieKitty1992, LunarFae, onion, Raptocidic

Y'all in this group made little notes and records of your musings about various forks in the path as the journey progressed, and I loved reading them so much! ^o^ Feel free to adopt any 3 pets from my "general" or "unknown rarity" groups, or if you can't find anything in the general groups you'd like, you can choose to receive 5 c$ from me instead. (Since this group is so subjective, if you'd like to make a case for yourself regarding one of your posts, go right ahead! C: )

Discord Chat!

This is totally optional but I did go ahead and make a discord chat for these CYOA games to do things like take suggestions or keep a ping list for future games. If you'd like to get pinged in real time for when new games go up, you can join here and add yourself to the list. ^u^ Or there's a questions/suggestions channel if you have anything you'd like to ask me directly. All game content will continue to be posted here to CS though, so if you don't have a discord or don't want to join, it's no problem and you should still be able to play without issue. C:

💚🧡💚🧡
Last edited by Loelya on Mon Apr 01, 2024 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Loelya

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheSongOfTheStars » Sun Mar 31, 2024 4:22 pm

aaaa its over but it was so much fun and so much pretty art! Hopefully we get the little guy out and somewhere safe. Tysm for doing this it was great :D

If crediting me for art/character design then please use TheSongOfTheStars on Toyhou.se
or FiveSecondsToFly on deviantart for anywhere else
TheSongOfTheStars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cherrysong2003 » Sun Mar 31, 2024 4:42 pm

Claiming spot in raffle! 💚🧡💚🧡💚
Hello!

I'll get more in this later!

For now tho? Nah

. . . later
. . . def later
. . . maybe later?
Cherrysong2003

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rainboxys » Sun Mar 31, 2024 4:43 pm

just wanted to say thank you for hosting a very fun game with gorgeous art!!!
tempted to make some fanart…
i don’t need any prizes for participation, runi’s gem will be greatly treasured 🫶
bats // it/its // adult

my personal characters
are not up for sale or trade.

find me elsewhere @ rainboxys
discord: somnacanth
commission TOS

rainboxys

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LittleMaple » Sun Mar 31, 2024 4:52 pm

I'd love to enter the raffle!!! And this baby omg I would've had NO CLUE that this would lead to seeing the most adorable baby ever.i love this manticore more than life
ImageImage
ImageImage
Hi hello howdy wazzup!!!
I'm Maple!
Mostly here for art/adopts!
Comms/art trades? closed :3

Adopts<3 wrote:ImageImage
LittleMaple

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby onion » Sun Mar 31, 2024 4:57 pm

id love a spot in the raffle! tysm again loelya, i loved the story :3
    모든 data를 모아 mix it around Image
    >my sunshine / free palestine
    >blake/onion, it/its, adult!
    >rwby, kpop ggs, 2hu, splatoon!
    th / pound / carrd / en ᓚᘏᗢ
    like du du du du du! 🍊

sign a petition to lock certain items!
ImageImageImageImageImage
onion

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Clementine Cloud » Sun Mar 31, 2024 7:11 pm

It's dangerous to go alone! Take this!

*dramatically holds up the kitten like we're in the lion king*

What a fun adventure thank you Loelya!! Even though I was in the "Not like the other chickens" group I was just happy to be here for the ride XD And what greater treasure than the friends we made along the way!! Though the handful of gold and gems doesn't hurt either ;) I love the idea of doing it along with the events! But if you find it to be too much no worries at all, don't be afraid to take a step back so you can still have just as much fun as we are <3

Also, while I'm here, I'll claim my spot in the raffle ^^
Clementine Cloud

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby COOLDOGOOO » Sun Mar 31, 2024 7:47 pm

aaaa, a friend!! ^^ this was so much fun! i really enjoyed the experience, and i cant wait for the next one! (also claiming my raffle spot ! <3)
JUST CAME BACK FROM HIATUS !
Coming back after a hiatus! I didn't check my oekaki notifs, and had 1k+ unread. I don't have the time to check them all, unfortunately, so if there is something you'd like me to check/be aware of, please PM me! <33 I hope you understand! (art coms are still open, for USD only and considering c$)

my toyhouse <3

Check out Vidapup's free
sig pets
! <3

Please consider commissioning me; I appreciate it a lot!
If the prices are too high, please let me know; I don't know how high/low to price them!! <3

had last 1426 oekaki
COOLDOGOOO

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby apricott » Sun Mar 31, 2024 11:19 pm

AUGH IT'S SO CUTE
would it be okay to make a lineart to colour in to have their own or like draw the creacher sorta as a badge for everyone who participated in the game?

these games are so cool though, i really admire your writing and the art that goes into the making of them, it's an incredibly cool idea!! it's also very kind of you to make a discord about it, i was so disappointed i missed the first posts because i forgot fsdghj

also claiming my raffle spot!! 👉👈
it will get better!!
too busy
way too often
x
fruity, he/him, eet
working on gardening
and art as a job

x
apricott

My pets
My items