The Writing Process by Error

Artist Error [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 30 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
42 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

The Writing Process

Postby Error » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:54 am

I have a large series idea that I've been working on for years and I've left a large chunk of it in the dark, just, casually expecting to be ready once I figure out the end of the story.

Well, it wasn't what I remembered it being like. The ideas for this series??? Awful, horrible, the worst thing I've ever seen. I can't believe I was thinking of publishing this story when I first made it, I'm so glad I never did and waited until I was older to really start working on this story again.

I am now rewriting everything to match up better to the end idea/concept thing.
Error

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: The Writing Process

Postby Winchester's Wolf » Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:10 am

This is so accurate it hurts
I have this one story that's in the dark, and I'm debating on whether or not to scrap it and rewrite it or continue on...(I find myself going back to it from time to time)
bUt I have been distracted on world-building (the main reason why to scrap and rewrite)
Winchester's Wolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: The Writing Process

Postby Error » Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:16 pm

Winchester's Wolf wrote:
This is so accurate it hurts
I have this one story that's in the dark, and I'm debating on whether or not to scrap it and rewrite it or continue on...(I find myself going back to it from time to time)
bUt I have been distracted on world-building (the main reason why to scrap and rewrite)

Ah yeah, I get that!
    The best advice I saw for this sort of situation was to: leave it alone for awhile and don't touch it, work on something else completely unrelated for awhile.
    It's actually what I did to my story in the dark, it's developed a lot more than the original vague idea of "Default male hero saves the world!" to something far more complex and intriguing for me to work with. Simply because I changed who the story was about, looked at it a different way, and asked myself some good world-building questions that helped me figure out a plot.

I have another novel that I've rewritten 5? times? and each time I've scrapped ideas and tried out new things and it worked great. I'm now really happy with the story and the characters! (Just not my writing style, gotta work on that for a bit before I can actually write this novel and do it justice ;~;). So don't be afraid to scrap things or think outside of the box?

You can also combine the concept you have with a different one. I've scrapped stories and salvaged bits and applied it to different novel ideas.

I also apologize for rambling! ^^; I just love writing and making up stories so much
Error

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me