Re: ask me how to art?

Postby That's Offensive » Tue Aug 18, 2020 7:14 am

iua wrote:How did you learn to draw? Are you self-taught or did you take art classes?

Im very much self-taught, I did learn some very basic things in school like how to properly place facial features relative to each other and some basic color theory but for the most part I've been looking at things and trying to draw them and over time I've figured things out. sometimes I've picked up things from looking at other peoples art or noticed one specific detail and decided that it is crutial to draw specific things. I'm a natural with color theory, I didnt need to learn it I just knew it from the beginning but I cant say the same for any other part of art. in high school I did game design so part of the classes was animation but I had already tried animation out on my own and learned everything the teacher tried to teach us, this was a very basic lesson of about an hour where he showed us how to animate a walk cycle.
I highly recommend using references and working on finding things for yourself but dont be afraid to follow tutorials and take classes either, you can learn in many different ways and different methods work better for different people ^^
Defixnce wrote:how to sketch effectively? :D

if you wanna be a mess like me you should just scribble down the general idea and start adding details, strengthen the lines you want to follow in lining, maybe erase some stuff, the promptly ignore every part of the sketch except for basic anatomy and pose and just line the way your heart tells you to. or you could ask someone who knows what they're doing ^^"

Hiya! ^^
Im That's Offensive but you can call me El or Frog if you want to, I use they/them pronouns but I dont really mind she/he pronounce. Im a swedish artist that has been hanging out on CS since 2015 and this place really feels like home, this site and the people on it are really important to me~
have some questions for/about my characters? // need art tips?
to find some more art by me you can message me for instagram, flipanim and TH links ^^"
That's Offensive

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Androys » Fri Mar 11, 2022 6:07 am

Hey dude! I just wanna say that this is super cool!! I think it's awesome you've got this whole thing going on <33

..................... 𝝙𝞟𝘿𝙍𝞗𝝪𝞢
......⦂ 𝞓𝞟𝝞𝞛𝝙𝙇 𝝙𝘙𝞣𝝞𝞢𝞣 ・ 𝝞𝞣 ⧟ 𝞣𝞖𝝣𝞛 ⧟ 𝞖𝝞𝞛 ⦂
...........━━━━━━━━━━━━
...........𝝞𝞟𝞢𝞣𝝙𝙂𝙍𝝙𝞛 | 𝞣𝙒𝝞𝞣𝞣𝝣𝙍
....... 𝞣𝞖 | 𝝙𝙍𝞣 𝜞𝝞𝙂𝞖𝞣 | 𝞣𝞖 𝞠𝙐𝙍𝙂𝝣

..𝝙𝞟𝝞𝞛𝝙𝞣𝝞𝞗𝞟 𝘾𝙍𝝣𝘿𝝞𝞣..𝝞𝘾𝞗𝞟 𝘾𝙍𝝣𝘿𝝞𝞣...
Androys

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby crowfood » Wed May 11, 2022 9:51 am

Something about digitigrade legs for anthros, and maybe posing, like how to place the body to make a stance look natural?

crow / lan
she/they ♡︎
@vel-crows on th

a lost pet. please
be patient.
crowfood

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby GrimmRatt » Sat Oct 15, 2022 6:49 am

Anything about drawing diffrent angles of characters? Im pretty good at keeping away from same face syndrome but i kind of stay with basically the same poses
𝐐𝐔𝐈𝐍𝐍 // ✰⋆.:・⋆
𝘈𝘯𝘺 𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘯𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘴 !
Irl JoJo McDodd

link ✧ Emo!!#3003 ✧ link ✧ ©
˖‿˖‿˖‿˖‿˖‿˖‿˖

GrimmRatt

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Drathia » Wed Apr 19, 2023 1:31 pm

how do you make your lineart so lively? usually whenever I do my lineart digitally it has so much less character than the sketch.

please credit any designs or art to my Toyhouse

Drathia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby That's Offensive » Thu Apr 20, 2023 6:34 am

Drathia wrote:how do you make your lineart so lively? usually whenever I do my lineart digitally it has so much less character than the sketch.

I tend to use the pencil (N) tool on base settings set to size 2 for both sketching and lining on CS because I like the way it works with pen pressure and doesnt look too sharp. I also like to leave the lineart open in places where I dont need to close the lines fully, I use this alot when drawing fluffy things or soft shapes, you can close the lines with the coloring later. I also like to put curves everywhere, again to keep things soft, sometimes corners can be replaces with soft curves and thats an easy way to make things friend-shaped :3
also! exagerate movement as much as possible and completely ignore all rules about anatomy and shading you've ever learnt and just go on vibes, that way it will look cute and playful (:

Hiya! ^^
Im That's Offensive but you can call me El or Frog if you want to, I use they/them pronouns but I dont really mind she/he pronounce. Im a swedish artist that has been hanging out on CS since 2015 and this place really feels like home, this site and the people on it are really important to me~
to find some more art by me you can message me for instagram, flipanim and TH links ^^"
That's Offensive

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby arcadia. » Mon Sep 18, 2023 1:19 pm

hai!
    how do you do realistic fur texture on oekaki?

───── ❝ the sea said goodbye to the shore
    so the sun wouldn't notice ─────xxx
    e + she her + Image + artist + omam
    momento mori
    et carpe diem

arcadia.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby That's Offensive » Mon Sep 18, 2023 11:04 pm

arcadia. wrote:
    hai!
    how do you do realistic fur texture on oekaki?

I dont really do realistic styles so I might be the wrong person for this question (:

Hiya! ^^
That's Offensive

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby arcadia. » Mon Sep 18, 2023 11:40 pm

That's Offensive wrote:I dont really do realistic styles so I might be the wrong person for this question (:

haha, okay :3
    i was just looking at this adn thinking that you did the fur really quite well.
    c:

───── ❝ the sea said goodbye to the shore
    so the sun wouldn't notice ─────xxx
    e + she her + Image + artist + omam
    momento mori
    et carpe diem

arcadia.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spiritstar3 » Tue Oct 03, 2023 4:15 pm

How does one shade? Still can't figure it out ...
Sorry if someone already asked this.

Also...rabbit noses/muzzles...how?
Spiritstar3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me