-- ⋆ tideclan | open for res!

Roleplays featuring animals or non-human fantasy creatures which are based on a book/movie/tv show (e.g. Warrior Cats, My Little Pony, Pokemon)

-- ⋆ 3.

Postby anathema » Sun Oct 22, 2023 8:05 am

[
    A N N E T C R Y ]

with the meeting now being formally over, gannetcry intercepted oakpaw as he padded over to her. a smile painted her muzzle at his excitement. "i appreciate your eagerness," she mewed. "i can't wait, either." she then nodded back to badger in passing, thankful for his unspoken encouragement and support.

the newly-made deputy watched as the other apprentices found their mentors and wondered if they should break the ice with a group training session. "say, oakpaw, how much do you know about hunting from your time as a loner?" she asked, meeting his gaze again. "perhaps we can work with other apprentices and mentors so that all of you get to know each other a little better. are there any other young cats you've found yourself getting along with since you joined the clan?"

a group hunting session could also double as a patrol, gannetcry thought. why not kill two birds with one stone?

it was hard to be so far out of her shell like this, but she knew it was necessary practice. being deputy meant she had to know everyone's new names, their personalities, their likes and dislikes... the prospect of it all seemed difficult, perhaps even a bit intimidating. she really hoped she'd eventually get the hang of it.

[ location camp ] [ tags oakpaw ] [ word count 211 ]

[ I P T I D E ]

riptide watched the rest of the meeting in silence, though he couldn't help but be visibly bummed when he didn't receive an apprentice. was it because he'd refused a warrior name? no, it couldn't be; cats like badger had been assigned to train someone despite preserving their loner title. was he a bad example? did this so-called "starclan" believe he had nothing to offer?

or was it something else entirely?

feeling slightly scornful, the tom traipsed off as skipper called the end of the meeting. his tail lashed with frustration as he headed back out the cave to the same beach he'd been treading earlier. maybe i should make a break for it, he thought. would they even know i left? wolfstripe would, potentially, considering their brief talk... but he couldn't think of anyone else.

riptide sprawled out on the sand, the hot surface burning his fur and making him sweat. he winced with discomfort, but remained where he was. he didn't feel like moving for the rest of the day, and it wasn't like anything required his attention. he began to doze off, daydreaming about his old life on the boat with his twolegs, snoring audibly.

[ location the beach ] [ tags open! ] [ word count 197 ]

[ E L P A W ]

eelpaw elatedly jumped at the opportunity to tell someone about her skills. "oh, well, i'm pretty good at fighting!" she said, eyes glittering with anticipation. would she be able to practice with all the other apprentices? there were so many of them! maybe they could even have a tournament! "and, um..." she continued on, trailing off, thinking hard. "i really like to swim, too. and i'm fast! faster than stormpaw, at least." even though her brother couldn't hear her right now, she couldn't help but still tease him regardless. "i'm not the best hunter, though, and i'm totally incompetent at following scents."

now that she'd given her mentor basically her entire backstory, eelpaw forced herself to take a moment to relax and let her respond. she was out of breath from talking so much, and the extreme exhilaration she was feeling right now was only winding her further. still, a million different questions were racing through her mind. would she be able to hang out with stormpaw or tanagerpaw or ivypaw today? or perhaps even oakpaw or sandpaw! her heartbeat quickened at the thought of the fawn tabby she-cat, and a goofy grin overtook her features—not that she wasn't already wearing one, of course.

[ location camp ] [ tags mothnose] [ word count 205 ]

Last bumped by anathema on Sun Oct 22, 2023 8:05 am.
anathema

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me