WoF: A New Era | OPEN

Roleplays featuring animals or non-human fantasy creatures which are based on a book/movie/tv show (e.g. Warrior Cats, My Little Pony, Pokemon)

Re: WoF: A New Era | OPEN

Postby broner » Mon Aug 30, 2021 1:40 pm

Solstice | Night/Sand/Rain | Queen | Tags:

Solstice looked at her claws, gleaming ebony. Too long had they scraped the floors of the Night Kingdom's palace as she bowed to those who'd been determined to sweep her very existence under the rug. Now that her own golden scales rested on the throne, she could not grow complacent. The world was crooked, and she would set it straight.
The kingdoms of her birthright were hers; as far as Solstice was concerned, they always had been. Her father's death had fueled her desire, and now she knew what she had to do. She would extend her rule. After all, the only way to set a broken world to rights was to get those shiny black claws dirty. By the next twin moon, Solstice would control the continent, and she would reshape it into a world that knew the same pain she'd felt in the Night Kingdom; a world that could be better.

Rift | SeaWing | Mercenary Commander | Tags:

"Up and at 'em, fellas!" Rift called to his mercenaries, glancing at his wavy reflection in the water pail. Lookin' more like your old man every day, he thought, picking up the charm he'd wrapped carefully in a cloth to conceal it. A day's trek from their mercenary camp in Possibility had yielded them slow progress through the scathing desert sands. The SeaWing didn't mind the heat, himself, since he'd never known much else, but some of the others in his company weren't as well-suited. He felt a presence behind him and looked over his shoulder. "Help a commander roll up some'a these tents before we get goin'?" he said.
broner

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby AGGUA! » Tue Aug 31, 2021 12:08 pm

Mamba | RainWing | Mercenary | Tags: Rift

xxxxxMamba slid one eyelid open, uncurling her body from where she'd coiled it up within the tent. Much to her dismay, there was sand stuck between some of her shimmering scales. The heat didn't necessarily bother her. Nor humidity. Growing up in a rainforest, she was plenty used to it. But there wasn't much to look at apart from sand and rock and scorching sun, and it was enough to wear on her. Mamba wasn't keen on napping like the rest of her kind so coveted for whatever disgusting reason. This much sun was ridiculous. She'd be all too happy to leave the desert behind as soon as they could, but there wasn't much use whining over circumstance.
xxxxxThe SeaWing was squawking again. Telling her to get up. Flaunting rank, no less. Mamba had little interest in being leader, perfectly content where she was. She was fine getting up. Not like she wanted to laze about. In her few days since meeting Rift, she'd gathered that he had a terrible habit of being loud and brawny and a bit dumb. He was handsome. Objectively. His brain not so much. But that, quite frankly, wasn't her problem. It wasn't like he was her responsibility.
xxxxxSlinking from cover, Mamba coiled her own snake-shaped charm around a talon. She'd secure it better later. Slithering up behind him, she tilted her head when he gave her the order. "Sure," she replied, keeping her answer brief. Her eyes flicked to the charm he was wrapping in his hands. Mamba knew that it gave him more strength than he was capable of handling. Yeah, they were all new at this--hypnosis was difficult to pick up on, but she was learning rapidly--but the idiot had already destroyed one of their canvas tents. Mamba had fought tooth and nail so she wouldn't be stuck with a denmate as a result.

Reaper | Sand/Night/Ice | Hired Hand | Tags:
xxxxxReaper dreaded the start of the week, dragging his ass into meetings with kingdom officials and getting a pile of new assignments from the ass herself. He found he really hated Solstice. Besides the fact that she probably had a small edge over him physically, she was too damn smart and sinister to have a talon over him like this, and he absentmindedly wondered if he'd ever be let off his leash. He was well on his way to buying out of the empire, already bent on getting himself a nice set-up out on the bay of a thousand scales. Quite possibly the ice kingdom. There was the bitter reminder of her plans, wanting to take over the entire continent, but he was confident he could find a refuge away from her somewhere. Somewhere she wouldn't find him and screw him over again.
xxxxxHe lingered outside of the throne room absentmindedly, conversing with some of the guards. They weren't so bad. Brainwashed dumbasses, but whatever. Doing a job, same as him. If she wanted to call him in, she would, but Reaper knew better than to invite himself inside, even with knocking. She was too important and busy to be interrupted with anything. He couldn't help but roll his eyes at the thought.
AGGUA!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby broner » Tue Aug 31, 2021 1:22 pm

Solstice | Night/Sand/Rain | Queen | Tags: Reaper

The deep voice of Reaper drifted to her from behind the doors. Poisoning the minds of her guards, no doubt, with conversation about the kingdom. She scowled, well aware that the hybrid only pledged allegiance to her on the eventuality that he would get out. She hadn't yet decided if she would follow through with that deal, what with how much he was pushing her buttons and the sheer dangerousness of his existence.
"Reaper, I will have your audience now," she said dully, watching as the doors were pushed open by two guards.

Rift | SeaWing | Mercenary Commander | Tags: Mamba

"Thanks, Mamba," Rift said with a toothy grin. "I don't wanna go around destroyin' anything else we need." He got the feeling that the RainWing had never been a part of another company, but even so, she had the right fire for it, and the Reef Mercenaries weren't exactly lined up with prospects. Many of their best had simply taken off after his father died. Still, despite her neutral, if not agreeable, demeanor until this point, her little squabble the night before gave him the impression that she either didn't like him or wasn't keen on the lot of them. Maybe it was their profession.
Still, as long as she worked for the company, he could handle a little bit of resistance. He wasn't the leader his father was, but he could easily take care of what needed to be done. Rift took the handle of the pail, misjudging the weight and thwacking himself in the nose as he picked it up. OW. Much as the strength was welcome, he really sucked at getting used to it.
broner

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby AGGUA! » Tue Aug 31, 2021 4:07 pm

Mamba | RainWing | Mercenary | Tags: Rift

xxxxxMamba didn't return the smile, but she did nod her head at his thanks. They needed to pack up camp anyway. She would've done that without the order. Mamba snorted at the joke. Even though it sucked. "Wouldn't be ideal," she quipped in agreement. Certainly not. Using supplies as training dummies was a terrible, terrible idea. She slunk off in the direction of her own tent so she could roll it up, but not before she heard sloshing water and a thumping noise as the SeaWing hit himself in the head with the water bucket. Rolling her eyes, she ripped the canvas from its frame and proceeded to fold it up.
xxxxx"You need more practice, you know," she mentioned offhandedly, devoting her attention to the task she'd been assigned but still maintaining conversation. "Won't matter if we make it to Solstice at all. It's a useless endeavor if you don't figure your charm out." It came out colder than she had intended, but it was still the truth. She had her fair share of learning to do, yet, as did the entire group, but Mamba wasn't half the clutz Rift was. And giving him a strength amplifier? It's like the NightWings were begging for him to ruin things. Disaster waiting to happen. Though, to his credit, they'd gotten this far with him. Even if difficulties were only beginning.

Reaper | Sand/Night/Ice | Hired Hand | Tags: Solstice
xxxxxReaper perked his ears up when he heard the overlord's voice drift through the doors. Not that he went into ANY of their meetings with a chipper attitude, but he bit his tongue. For the most part. He'd give himself credit with how much she got on his nerves that he still remained somewhat pleasant. She was the one paying him, after all. No use getting on her bad side, either, not with the way she was built. He maintained respect when he worked with clients. It was part of the job description. But that's as far as his courtesy went.
xxxxxStepping into the room, he set his striking eyes on her own, glittering that dangerous red and gold like a barely-tamed fire. He puffed up somewhat, posture as straight and imposing as he could make it. Weak stance reflects weak character, his brain automatically recited. "Queen Solstice," he bit out, dipping his head in a faint bow. He had since stopped referring to her as "my queen" a very long time ago. "Hope all's well. Less work for the both of us that way." Which also meant less pay for him, but he wouldn't be pricking at her about that. It would only piss her off. He just wanted the meeting to be kept brief so he could be left alone.
AGGUA!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Siciatres » Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:57 pm

𓇳 Arroyo | SandWing | Mercenary | Tags: Rift, Mamba

——-Arroyo was roused from his sleep by the commander’s call. He had been practicing with the sun-shaped charm last night and must’ve expelled too much energy. With a start, he got to his claws and gave himself a good shake before exiting his tent.
——-The sun blazed perfectly overhead, warming Arroyo’s scales and the sand beneath his feet. ”Morning Rift, are we having water-pails-to-the-face for breakfast?” He asked with amusement, then turned his head to give Mamba a respectful nod; he got the impression she wasn’t one for small talk, so he figured she’d rather leave it at this when it came to greetings.
——-Turning his back, Arroyo began to tear down his tent. Ah, can’t forget this, of course. He scooped up his charm and tucked it away in a pouch, which also held a small vial of brightsting cactus juice, in case of an accident.
——-He flicked an ear towards Mamba’s voice; she was right. I still have to figure out the ups and downs of this thing if I want to be helpful. If I want to find out about Yucca, too. With one last glance at the charm, he closed the pouch and worked on deconstructing the remainder of his tent.
Siciatres

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby palmawesome » Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:08 am

Crescent | Icewing | Mercenary | Tags: Mamba, Rift, Arroyo

Crescent threw one of her pelts over her head. She never liked waking up early, and the Seawing was being loud this morning. Her ears ringing, she sat up, her eyes still closed, she was too tired to open them. “ You dragons wake up too early” she hissed to herself and stretched, her shoulders popping into place. She shook her head, her spines rattling. Sighing, she folded up her furs and grabbed her charm from the bottom of the pile. She’d tuck it away in the pouch on her neck and walked outside, the bright sun already heating up the desert. She saw the other dragons taking down tents and started to undo hers as well. As she worked, she noticed her scales were filling from white to more of a light grey. Tutting, she ripped her canvas cover off of her tent and rolled it up along with her furs. Sighing, she sat down, the heat already making her legs heavy.
𝙷𝚎 𝚒𝚜 𝚑𝚊𝚕𝚏 𝚘𝚏 𝚖𝚢 𝚂𝚘𝚞𝚕, 𝚊𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚙𝚘𝚎𝚝𝚜 𝚜𝚊𝚢

Currently sobbing over the song of Achilles
palmawesome

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby broner » Sat Sep 04, 2021 12:15 pm

Solstice | Night/Sand/Rain | Queen | Tags: Reaper

Solstice eyed the hybrid, feeling his dislike radiating like a SandWing's heat. That was fine, but a little dangerous, if he got any bolder. Keep an eye on him, she noted to herself. She knew he was smarter than he wanted her to know.
"I've gotten a tip that somewhere in Possibility there is a remaining member of the NightWing royal family," she growled, feeling the corners of her mouth dip into a scowl. "I need you to find him and bring him back. Alive, if you would." There were a few things that she needed to know about his escape, and how he'd lived so long to be recognized.

Rift | SeaWing | Mercenary Commander | Tags: Mamba, Crescent, Arroyo

"Har, har," Rift said, rubbing his snout as he turned toward the SandWing. "Now that someone's been injured this mornin', I think we can start movin' east again." He glanced toward the spotless blue sky, squinting as the sun inched toward the nine o'clock position. "We hang around here much longer an' we'll be food for vultures. Everyone load up; I can take most of it, an' it's good practice for my charm, too. I know I'm the blue one in the group, but if you see any other dragons out and about, do try to stay hidden." His instructions complete, he began wrapping his face and horns with bandages, his own little trick for keeping sand out of his nose and blending in a bit more with the dunes. When you were the color of a deep-sea gemstone, you ended up being pretty conspicuous, even in a diverse place like Possibility.
broner

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby AGGUA! » Mon Sep 06, 2021 12:25 pm

Mamba | RainWing | Mercenary | Tags: Rift, Crescent, Arroyo
xxxxxMamba, upon seeing the SandWing emerge from his tent, dipped her head to return his acknowledging nod. She didn't much care for his lame attempt at a joke, but Arroyo was nice enough. Not apt enough with his charm yet, same as the whole group, but then again, she'd been around worse. The IceWing, for example, who she did NOT particularly care for. Coiling her tail, Mamba glanced in Crescent's direction. Irritating thing, she was. Liked to complain. Grumpy and angry. Sure, they were in the desert, and she wasn't predisposed to enjoy the searing heat, but she could learn to suck it up. Just a bit.
xxxxxMamba finished packing her tent up and hoisted the bundle onto her back, ignoring the SeaWing's offer. Good practice for him, yes. He could use it. But she wouldn't take the fall if he screwed up yet again, and she might as well build strength and endurance herself lugging supplies around. Satisfied with Rift's instructions, Mamba turned to look down her snout at Crescent. "No use sitting about when we have places to be," she chastised coldly. "We'll be out east sooner if we all get moving." Scales shimmering in the desert sun, they bled from the usual deep green to a pale yellow. Easier to hide. Turning her back on Crescent, Mamba slunk away across the sand, waiting for their commander to take head and proceed.

Reaper | Sand/Night/Ice | Hired Hand | Tags: Solstice
xxxxxReaper actually widened his eyes in surprise a bit at that. A NightWing from the royal family? He'd thought them wiped out quite a while ago. Solstice had laid a pretty damn thorough siege on the Night kingdom, killed his own parents in the process. The thought made his blood broil, but he held his tongue. Wouldn't land him anywhere but a cold cell with a side of torture.
xxxxx"You sure your information is legit?" he asked warily. He wasn't EXACTLY questioning her orders. Playing with fire a bit, maybe, the way she was regarding him with such a dangerous gaze. But he was shocked enough that he wanted the extra confirmation. "He's gonna be a pain in the ass to capture if he's evaded the spotlight for this long. I mean, I can chase a ghost if you want. But no guarantees I'd be able to bring him back alive."
AGGUA!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby palmawesome » Mon Sep 06, 2021 1:02 pm

Crescent | Icewing | Mercenary | Tags: Mamba, Rift, Arroyo

Crescent rolled her eyes at the rainwing. Of course, the rainwing didn't understand, she was probably all-what was it, charged? - and happy with all the sunlight she's been getting. Sighing, she stood and grabbed her tent and placed it on her back. She didn't need a seawing to help her carry a tent and a couple of furs. Strapping on the tent, and moved her shoulders to make the tent not sit on her spikes. She hated how she was treated like a dragonet when she could easily turn all of the dragons surrounding her into ice sculptures. Listening to Mambas harsh words, she huffed and walked away, waiting for Rift's command to get going. " Mind your words tree-hugger" She growled under her breath, blowing a bit of frost breath. The quicker they got out of this desert of the better.

Creosate | Icewing | Royal Libranian | Tags: Open |

Creosate tapped his claws on the wood of the large desk. Tutting to himself, he bent down to the small cubbies that were carved into the wood and pulled out a small scroll, labeled Personal Scrolls He had to make his own checkout list for his scrolls so he would stop losing count of how many he took off the shelves. Standing up, he walked down the aisle labeled A-C and looked from the small scroll to the large shelves, his talon dragging along the cubby holes. Good, everything was in order and he can go back to the security of his desk. Checking his glasses for smears, he pulled out a scroll labeled Animus Origins and started to read, his claws tapping on the wood in a sort of rhythm.

Squill | Silkwing | Normal Dragon | Tags: Open |

Squill yawned and nuzzled into the large mass of carpets that they called a bed. Blinking their eyes to the bright sunlight, Squill yawned and rolled over onto their back, their wings stretched out. Stretching their legs, Squill stood up and shook out his wings, dew falling off from the early morning. Stepping outside, squill grabbed the small bag of money out of their secret hiding spot and walking out into the streets of possibility. Yawning again, Squill walked down the street and into the marketplace, looking around for food vendors. His money bag clinking, he walked up to a small rainwing fruit vendor. " Hello, may I please buy three mangoes and two bananas, please?" He took out a fair amount of scales and waited as the rainwing grabbed the assorted fruit. Once he had his precious cargo, Squill thanked the rainwing and walked away towards an alleyway, where he sat down to eat his fruit.
𝙷𝚎 𝚒𝚜 𝚑𝚊𝚕𝚏 𝚘𝚏 𝚖𝚢 𝚂𝚘𝚞𝚕, 𝚊𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚙𝚘𝚎𝚝𝚜 𝚜𝚊𝚢

Currently sobbing over the song of Achilles
palmawesome

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Siciatres » Mon Sep 06, 2021 1:56 pm

𓇳 Arroyo | SandWing | Mercenary | Tags: Rift, Mamba, Crescent

——-Arroyo hesitantly held out his own bundled tent to Rift. Though he thought it was a great idea for the SeaWing to gain experience, being left empty-handed made Arroyo feel useless. ”Um, just let me know if you need help with anything else, boss.” He offered, hopeful to be of some use.
——-His attention, however, was grabbed by Crescent and Mamba’s tense exchange. Arroyo flicked his eyes back and forth between the two. Maybe the heat is getting to them. Well, it was definitely affecting Crescent, he noticed, as the IceWing’s scales had dulled to a light gray. The RainWing’s scales appeared normal, in contrast, but Arroyo was caught off guard as they brightened to match the sand. Wait…
——-An idea began to brew in the SandWing’s mind.
——-So far, Arroyo had been able to conjure up simple images no taller than he was, but what about changing the color of something? Make it invisible? He stared at his charm, which was now clutched between his talons. An idea for later. Shaking his head, Arroyo focused his attention to the commander.
Siciatres

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me