๐š๐š‘๐šŽ ๐š›๐š’๐šŸ๐šŽ๐š› ๐š๐šž๐šŠ๐š›๐š (closed)

Roleplays featuring animals or non-human fantasy creatures which are based on a book/movie/tv show (e.g. Warrior Cats, My Little Pony, Pokemon)

๐š๐š‘๐šŽ ๐š›๐š’๐šŸ๐šŽ๐š› ๐š๐šž๐šŠ๐š›๐š (closed)

Postby rookfern » Wed May 26, 2021 5:07 am

i
๐Ÿœ„ ๐šƒ๐™ท๐™ด ๐š๐™ธ๐š…๐™ด๐š ๐™ถ๐š„๐™ฐ๐š๐™ณ
โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”

The cats of ZenithClan call the unforgiving sands of the Mojave Desert home.
They have found their respite in one of the many sandstone canyons that dot
the arid landscape. At the canyon's bottom is a river. To ZenithClan, the river
is the lifeblood of their territory, and without it, they would have been
swallowed up by the desert sands many moons ago.

In the dry season, the river dwindles down to the slightest threads of water,
barely a trickle over the pebbles and stones. When the first rain after the dry
season passes, however, the river returns with a brutal, wild flood, and the
clan is saved from certain doom for another cycle.

From this return of the river, a tradition was born within the clan: the river
guard
. Apprentices who were old enough would be named once a cycle,
right before the return of the river. Once they received their warrior names,
it would be their duty, their vigil, to sit and wait for the river's return. During
the wait, they spoke to none and never left their post. Only at the first storm
and the sighting of the flood would they be allowed to leave and call out the
event to their clan. After their guard was complete, they were considered full
warriors of ZenithClan.

โ€”
image credit: X

โ–ˆxrp mini mods: mini mods can accept forms and handle discussion thread-related issues. Please do not ask to be made a mini mod.
>xphayraohxxtealfeatherxxlocal dreamer
Last edited by rookfern on Tue Jun 01, 2021 7:15 am, edited 4 times in total.
rookfern

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

rules.

Postby rookfern » Wed May 26, 2021 5:12 am

01. all cs rules must be followedโ–ˆ
    02. good grammar is a must, but not necessary semi-litโ–ˆ
    03. make as many characters as you can handleโ–ˆ
    04. lgtbq+ characters are very welcomeโ–ˆ
    05. all ooc chat and characters should be posted on the discussion thread
    06. reservations will last 48 hours for high positionsโ–ˆ
    07. try and be unique with your charactersโ–ˆ
    08. for the sake of the thread aesthetic, hide your signaturesโ–ˆ
    09. you may hurt or kill other characters, but only with the owner's express permissionโ–ˆ
    10. pm me if you have any ideas for dramaโ–ˆ
    11. no same prefixes; be sure to check the allegiances before posting a form
Last edited by rookfern on Wed May 26, 2021 6:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
rookfern

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

allegiances.

Postby rookfern » Wed May 26, 2021 5:45 am

This cycle, there are six apprentices old enough to become warriors,
and thus there are six river guards. River guards must be between 11 and 19 moons.

z e n i t h c l a n
members of ZenithClan

๐ฅ๐ž๐š๐๐ž๐ซ
โžณ wanderstar - โšฒ - cream-patched with amber eyes - 53 moons - rookfern
- [7/9 lives]

๐๐ž๐ฉ๐ฎ๐ญ๐ฒ
โžณ pinyonplight - โ™‚ - pale brown and white tabby with blue eyes - 57 moons - laetificat
โ” apprentice: mumblepaw

๐ฆ๐ž๐๐ข๐œ๐ข๐ง๐ž ๐œ๐š๐ญ
โžณ springfrost - โ™€ - chocolate point she-cat with sightless blue eyes - 41 moons - skywalker,
โ” apprentice: evernight

โžณ evernight - โ™€ - thin black she-cat with green-gold eyes - 17 moons - phayraoh

๐ฐ๐š๐ซ๐ซ๐ข๐จ๐ซ๐ฌ [17/20]
โžณ name - โ™‚โ™€ - blurb - age - user
โ” apprentice:

โžณ darknettle - โ™‚ - dark seal brown tom with green eyes - 50 moons - rae'tia
โ” apprentice: emberpaw

โžณ longfang - โ™‚ - black tom with green eyes and long teeth - 70 moons - laetificat
โ” apprentice: onyxpaw

โžณ buckthorn - โ™‚ - golden-brown tabby with gold eyes - 39 moons - rookfern
โ” apprentice: temporarily berylpaw

โžณ waspclaw - โ™‚ - blue torbie with golden eyes - 27 moons - bunsniff
โ” apprentice:

โžณ redswipe - โ™€ - tall tortoiseshell with white patches and blue eyes - 22 moons - bunsniff
โ” apprentice:

โžณ firespent - โ™€ - slender tortoiseshell with yellow eyes - 52 moons - local dreamer
โ” apprentice: copperpaw

โžณ eagleaerie - โ™€ - brown bengal with yellow-green eyes - 30 moons - phayraoh
โ” apprentice:

โžณ xericdune - โ™‚ - brown tabby with white underbelly and blue eyes - 44 moons - phayraoh
โ” apprentice: palepaw

โžณ thornstep - โ™€ - torbie with white accents and amber eyes - 47 moons - tealfeather
โ” apprentice: tigerpaw

โžณ arroyoroam - โ™‚ - lean siamese with light blue eyes - 41 moons - razzberry
โ” apprentice: pumapaw

โžณ smurshatter - โ™€ - blue-point ragdoll with blue eyes - 38 moons - razzberry
โ” apprentice: gopherpaw

โžณ creamflower - โ™€ - longhair chocolate point with blue eyes - 25 moons - animals65
โ” apprentice:

โžณ foxleap - โ™‚ - longhaired russet tom with green eyes - 44 moons - colonelhamster
โ” apprentice: geckopaw

โžณ jackalsnap - โ™‚ - tall brown tabby with gold eyes - 57 moons - wildsight
โ” apprentice: micapaw

โžณ buzzardbee - โ™‚ - black tuxedo tom with yellow eyes - 29 moons - eleutheromania
โ” apprentice:

โžณ cactusthroat - โ™€ - fawn tabby with pale green eyes - 53 moons - eleuthermania
โ” apprentice:

โžณ charmercloud - โ™€ - gray and white she-cat with blue eyes - 30 moons - queen of flames
โ” apprentice:

๐ซ๐ข๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ ๐ ๐ฎ๐š๐ซ๐๐ฌ [6/6]
โžณ copperpaw - โ™€ - ruddy brown she-cat with gold eyes - 14 moons - rookfern
โžณ tigerpaw - โ™€ - gray-cream point she-cat with heterchromic eyes - 16 moons - rae'tia
โžณ emberpaw - โ™‚ - longhair ginger patched tom with yellow eyes - 19 moons - local dreamer
โžณ mumblepaw - โ™‚ - cream tabby with green eyes - 17 moons - skywalker,
โžณ pumapaw - โ™‚ - ticked torbie tom with brown eyes - 13 moons - danicalifornia
โžณ onyxpaw - โ™€ - charcoal bengal with blue-green eyes - 15 moons - wildsight

๐š๐ฉ๐ฉ๐ซ๐ž๐ง๐ญ๐ข๐œ๐ž๐ฌ [6/6]
โžณ palepaw - โ™‚ - cinnamon ticked with cream patches and heterochromic eyes - 7 moons - bunsniff
โžณ micapaw - โ™‚ - lynx point tom with blue eyes - 8 moons - phayraoh
โžณ berylpaw - โ™€ - blue longhair with golden eyes - 10 moons - razzberry
โžณ geckopaw - โšฒ - brown rosetted tabby with green eyes - 8 moons - danicalifornia
โžณ herbpaw - โ™€ - longhaired patched gray tabby with dark eyes - 7 moons - queen of flames
โžณ gopherpaw - โ™‚ - chubby brown tabby with amber eyes - 9 moons - wildsight

๐ช๐ฎ๐ž๐ž๐ง๐ฌ
โ” kits:

โžณ scorpionbite - โ™€ - white she-cat with green eyes - 42 moons - laetificat
โ” kits: miragekit

โžณ maplevision - โ™€ - calico with orange eyes - 42 moons - queen of flames
โ” kits: pupkit

๐ค๐ข๐ญ๐ฌ
โžณ miragekit - โ™€ - silver ticked tabby with green eyes - 2 moons - danicalifornia
โžณ pupkit - โ™‚ - tuxedo tom with blue eyes - 3 moons - queen of flames

๐ž๐ฅ๐๐ž๐ซ๐ฌ
โžณ dunedrop - โ™€ - small gray patched she-cat with yellow eyes - 122 moons - laetificat
โžณ hemlockjaw - โ™€ - blue-gray tabby with gold eyes - 120 moons - wildsight
โžณ acaciaridge - โšฒ - brown tabby with gold eyes - 97 moons - tealfeather

โ”โ”โ”

o u t s i d e r s
those outside of ZenithClan

๐ฅ๐จ๐ง๐ž๐ซ๐ฌ [2/5]
โžณ arian - โ™€ - faded silver tabby with green eyes - 32 moons - rae'tia
โžณ beast - โ™‚ - large longhaired brown tabby with hazel eyes - 63 moons - queen of flames
Last edited by rookfern on Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:31 am, edited 25 times in total.
rookfern

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

relationships.

Postby rookfern » Wed May 26, 2021 5:47 am

thornstep and copperpaw are half siblings
springfrost and arroyoroam are siblings
scorpionbite is the mother of miragekit
dunedrop is the mother of firespent
mumblepaw is the son of firespent and xericdune

--

xericdune and firespent are ex-mates
dunedrop and acaciaridge are mates

--

xericdune has a crush on buckthorn
foxleap has a crush on springfrost (shh)
Last edited by rookfern on Sun May 30, 2021 4:30 am, edited 5 times in total.
rookfern

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

territory.

Postby rookfern » Wed May 26, 2021 6:10 am

image credit: X
The heart of ZenithClan's territory is nestled in a sandstone canyon that leads down to the clan's camp.
The canyon walls are made up of red-orange rock with intermittent scraggly trees and shrubbery. The canyon
eventually peters out into a gentle stream that winds down a steep hillside. The hillside is the lushest part of
ZenithClan's territory, parsed with green vegetation, stunted trees, and wildflowers. The outer edges of the
territory vary between high, thin rock spires that house both prey and predator, and large, open swaths of
sandy flats.

ZenithClan's camp is built into the rocky wall of the canyon. It is a few taillengths from the river, far enough to
not be washed away by the flood, but near enough to enjoy the cool waters. Announcements are given from an
old structure of twisted twoleg metal that was left behind during one flood. The leader's den is built into the
carapace of metal, reinforced with shrub branches and mud. At the back of the little rocky enclave is the nursery,
shielded by a tumbleweed packed with dried mud. The warrior's and apprentice's dens are nearest to the river,
settled underneath a rocky overhang with sandy dips in the ground serving as nests. Dug beneath the back stone
wall beside the nursery is an old hare burrow making up the medicine cat den as well as the elder's den. When
the river isn't flooded, the shore is made of soft silt and sand, a perfect location for kits to play and apprentices
to practice.

The river guard's perch, where their vigil is held in wait for the return of the river, is a sandstone arch that
reaches across the canyon. From the perch, the entire silverpelt is visible, as is much of the river running into
the canyon and ZenithClan's camp. It offers the perfect vantage point to watch for the great flood that brings in
fresh water. There is little shelter on the perch: a few rocks that have been wallowed out beneath to create a
shallow cave, and an ancient creosote bush.

common prey: songbirds, ground squirrels, rats, quail, rabbits
uncommon prey: crows, snakes, fish, hares, lizards

common predators: snakes, birds of prey, coyotes
uncommon predators: cougars, bobcats

weather: storms brewing; the first rain is here.
air is hot and windy with the taste of humidity

season:
[x] dry season
[] wet season
rookfern

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

powers.

Postby rookfern » Thu May 27, 2021 2:14 am

notes on the current river guards:

This cycle, there are six river guards watching for the storm,
ranging between the ages of eleven and nineteen moons.

When the storm arrives, a StarClan cat comes with it, and the six river
guards are blessed with a unique enhanced sense. They are as follows:

enhanced sight: the cat has better vision than all of their clanmates,
capable of seeing the smallest mouse amongst a cluster of far-off shrubs
name: pumapaw

enhanced smell: the cat has a better sense of smell than all of their
clanmates, capable of sniffing out a fire that is miles away
name: tigerpaw

enhanced hearing: the cat has better hearing than all of their clan-
mates capable of hearing the skittering of a lizard in the rocks
name: copperpaw

enhanced taste: the cat has a silver tongue, capable of intricate
persuasion and the ability to smooth ruffled fur with a few words
name: mumblepaw

enhanced touch: the cat has a greater strength and dexterity than
all of their clanmates, as swift and strong as the river they watched
name: onyxpaw

enhanced premonition: the cat can tell when something is going to
happen, whether good or bad, before it actually happens
name: emberpaw
Last edited by rookfern on Fri May 28, 2021 2:36 am, edited 3 times in total.
rookfern

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

herb guide.

Postby rookfern » Thu May 27, 2021 9:40 am

a list of desert herbs:

1. wild licorice: dried roots used to combat coughs and colds
  2. prickly pear cactus: good source of water when nothing else to drink nearby; mind the spines
  3. goldenbush: poultice used to heal sores
  4. arrow weed: remedy for diarrhea
  5. brittlebush: gummy poultice rubbed on chest to relieve pain; fragrant herb used for covering smell of death
  6. creosote bush: 'cure all'; used to combat fevers, colds, and stomach pains; dried leaves placed on healing wounds
  7. elephant tree: sap used to soothe skin irritations
  8. ephedra: chewing the stems acts as a stimulant; consumed before long journeys
  9. saltbush: poultice of roots and flowers used to relieve insect stings
  10. juniper: berries eaten to treat fever
  11. oak: leaves used in bandages to treat wounds
  12. rush: used for splints
  13. sagebrush: leaves eaten to reduce fever; also consumed to ease birthing
  14. toyon: poultice from berries used on infections
  15. yerba: consumed to relieve congestion; poultice used to relieve joint pain, bruises, and sprains
  16. cat's claw: dangerous; mature berries fatal if eaten

- lavender and sage are also used as death ceremonial herbs, but they have no medicinal value
Last edited by rookfern on Thu May 27, 2021 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rookfern

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

other.

Postby rookfern » Thu May 27, 2021 1:44 pm

reserved for anything extra the rp needs
rookfern

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

beginning.

Postby rookfern » Fri May 28, 2021 2:58 pm

It took three days of waiting. In those three days, the dry-season sun was unrelenting, pounding down on the heads of the six river guards who kept watch. Their clanmates kept them supplied with fresh food and water, but not a word was exchanged between any living soul on that perch. The guards' eyes were kept on the horizon, and as reliable as the rising and falling of the sun, storm clouds built on the distant azimuth. They arrived, blown in by a strong gale, on the night of the third day. Even as the clouds crept in closer, the stars shone brightly overhead. Silverpelt sat on full display until the roiling gray covered it.

The rain began to fall in a downpour, still distant from the six and their watch. They could hear its approach, a faint pattering growing in volume until it reached a torrential crescendo as muddy water began to slough off of every surface. The turbulence of the growing river became apparent as the storm finally reached the river guard. The fat droplets were quick to wet their fur and soak them to the bone, pelting them even as they were released from their post.

Gray brown ran the river, heavy with silt and sand and dust. The waves were capped with white foam as the flow turned into a beast, crashing into the canyon walls with enough force to send tremors through the ground. As the six rose to go tell of the river's arrival to their clanmates, they were halted by another sight -- one strange and unheard of in their ritual. Atop the white and muddy waters twisting through the deluge rode a starry-furred she-cat. She walked over the water's surface with the grace of a buzzard riding a thermal. Only when the flood reached the six did she depart from her transport. She alighted with soft steps onto the perch where the six river guards stood.

She stood tall, and the stars in her pelt mingled with the gentle gray and black of her short coat. Her dark eyes held a similar celestial state, marred only by the thick scar running across the left and over her regal muzzle. She may have been recognizable to those of the river guards who listened to their elder's stories of Halcyonstar, whose legend told of her retrieving the absent first storm from the mouth of the same adder that killed her. Pride filled her gaze as she regarded the gathered guards.

'Newest warriors of ZenithClan, your vigil is over,' she began, 'but I am afraid your journey has only just begun.' A quiet sadness took up residence on her face as she gazed down into the canyon where ZenithClan laid. 'In with the storm blew in something else: a darkness. StarClan cannot see what the threat is; the mists that shroud it are too thick yet.' She furrowed her brow and looked back to the six. 'My dear river guards, the burden will be heavy, but you will not be alone with the weight.'

Halcyonstar approached Pumapaw first. A quiet smile graced her muzzle. 'To you, StarClan grants the gift of vision: a sight to rival that of the high-flying hawk, so that you may see the danger before it ever grows close to ZenithClan's borders.' The touch of her nose came with the feeling of a cold spark, like a draught of fresh water on a hot day.

Her paws took her to Tigerpaw next, and the spectral she-cat wasted no time in brushing noses with the odd-eyed guard. 'Tigerpaw, you receive the gift of scent. StarClan grants you the nose of the coyote, so that you might sniff out the darkness creeping through the deepest reaches.'

Copperpaw stood next in her queue, and Halcyonstar chuckled as the rust-colored guard shrank back. 'To the fiesty Copperpaw, StarClan grants the gift of hearing with the ears of the jackrabbit. May you use it to seek out those who cry for help in this dire time.' She surged forward and touched Copperpaw's nose before she could retreat again.

Next, she eyed Emberpaw. She tilted her head and twitched her whiskers. 'Not yet, I think.' She stepped past the timid tom and stopped before Mumblepaw. With a breathy laugh to herself, she touched noses with the pale river guard. 'StarClan grants you the gift of a sharp tongue, Mumblepaw, rival to that of the desert adder. Use it to lead and soothe your clanmates with the right words, when the time comes.'

'Onyxpaw,' she said as she stepped up to the smaller she-cat. 'You are given the gift of touch. StarClan grants you the strength and dexterity of the great mountain lion.' Halcyonstar touched her nose to Onyxpaw's gently. 'Use it to keep those weaker than you safe when it counts the most.'

With a deep inhale and a smile, she turned back to Emberpaw. 'And you... being last is never a bad thing.' The touch of her nose was unearthly cold by now, as if the stars themselves had brushed the soft skin. 'StarClan grants you the gift of premonition: the sight that us starry cats ourselves use to see what lies ahead. Use it wisely, and know you cannot change the future, but you can change the present.'

She backed away from Emberpaw and regarded the six of the river guards once more. Her form was beginning to fade into the storm, although a few of the stars in her pelt still twinkled brightly. 'Fear not, my brave river guards. StarClan is with you always, even when you cannot see sense us. ZenithClan will weather this danger, as it does all things.' Halcyonstar dipped her head, and the remnants of her form were whisked away on the next breeze, leaving the six guards staring once more at the coursing river.
rookfern

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ๐š๐š‘๐šŽ ๐š›๐š’๐šŸ๐šŽ๐š› ๐š๐šž๐šŠ๐š›๐š (wc o+a)

Postby rookfern » Fri May 28, 2021 3:17 pm

โ”€โ”€โ”€
๐™ต๐™ด๐™ด๐™ป๐™ธ๐™ฝ๐™ถ: alert; befuddledโ”€โ”€โ”€๐™ป๐™พ๐™ฒ๐™ฐ๐šƒ๐™ธ๐™พ๐™ฝ: river perch
โ”€โ”€โ”€๐šƒ๐™ฐ๐™ถ๐š‚: river guards; open
    โš• ๐™ฒ๐™พ๐™ฟ๐™ฟ๐™ด๐š๐™ฟ๐™ฐ๐š†, she-cat; 14 moons; zenithclan river guard
    โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€
    โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€"as the shrike to your sharp and glorious thorn"

Copperpaw stared, slack-jawed, at the place where the spectral Halcyonstar had disappeared. She shared a glance with her companions, begging to StarClan that they had all seen that and it wasn't some side effect of a heat-addled mind. Some of her fears were assuaged by their expressions, but she still didn't speak a word. In part, it was because she didn't trust her tongue to form a proper sentence at the moment, but also, she wasn't sure if the vigil bind they held as river guards was still in place. Her mind buzzed with the StarClan cat's words, and her nose still tingled faintly with the memory of a starry touch. And if she perked her ears, Copperpaw could hear beyond the pelting of the rain -- or rather, she could hear every ping and drop as the water struck the dry earth.

The expansiveness of it floored her, and her head swam for a moment before she gathered herself enough to block out most of it. Most of being the key word; the world was only growing louder as whatever power Halyconstar had bestowed upon her took hold in her spirit. Copperpaw shook her head, as if flies were buzzing at her ears, and roused her paws enough to bring her to the edge of their narrow perch. She mustered her errant tongue and coaxed a swell of her voice to build in her chest.

"The river has arrived!" she yowled out into the canyon below on a breath loud enough to be heard over the storm. With any luck and by the grace of the wind, it would find its way to her clanmates down below. Surely they were already well-aware of the river's return, but there was a tradition to uphold.

She felt rather breathless as she turned back to her fellow river guards, and she cracked a trepid grin at them. She hedged out a hoarse meow. "That was... something."
Last edited by rookfern on Fri May 28, 2021 3:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.
rookfern

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me