W a r r i o r D o g s || RiverPack

Roleplays featuring animals or non-human fantasy creatures which are based on a book/movie/tv show (e.g. Warrior Cats, My Little Pony, Pokemon)

Re: W a r r i o r D o g s || RiverPack

Postby qerrat » Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:30 am

qerrat wrote:
Reedpaw

♂| Flat-Coated Retriever | 9 Moons | Mentor: Smokenose Froststar | Crush: Open! | Location: Near Lake | Tags: Wildpaw

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Reedpaw looked thankfully at Wildpaw, and dropped Smokenose, his breathing heavy from the effort. "Thank you," he said, quite honestly. We need to get back to camp... bring him to Foxpaw! He thought, slightly panicked, and sincerely hoping she was there.

___________________________________________________________________________________________
Last edited by qerrat on Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
qerrat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Owlcat » Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:45 pm

Froststar

( ♂ ) - ( English Cream ) - ( Alpha ) - ( RiverPack ) - ( 30 moons old ) - ( No romance ) - ( Tags: )

Froststar started to get a little tired, and quietly dozed off. I'm sure if someone needs something they'll tell me. He told himself as his eyes began to shut.

Chestnutpaw

( ♀ ) - ( English Cream, Boykin Mix ) - ( Apprentice ) - ( RiverPack ) - ( 8 moons old ) - ( No romance ) - ( Tags: )

Chestnutpaw made sure not to go into the pup den just yet though. I'll hunt for a bit first. She told herself. As soon as I catch something I'll come back and play with Splashpup. She walked out of the entrance of the camp and started sniffing the air for any scents.
Last edited by Owlcat on Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Owlcat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kilimanjaro » Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:06 pm

= B R A M B L E S T R E A M =
sex; female age;25 moons rank; warrior breed; spaniel mix location; river pack camp tags; open!

A medium sized spaniel made her way into the camp, jaws full of fresh kill. The morning had been quite eventful for Bramblestream and all her boundless energy. She had made a round through the territory, making sure none of the thunder pack or shadow pack warriors had crossed the border lately. On her trip around the territory, she had managed to snuff out two rabbits that were sipping from the river, one fish that was dumb enough to swim by, and of course a duck. Bramblestream wouldn't be Bramblestream if she didn't come home with a duck in her mouth. Her docked tail wiggled with pride as she put down all of her prizes in the pile. Pleased with herself, the spotted spaniel grabbed the duck by its neck and happily loped over to her favorite spot to eat. The grass was soft and cool under her belly and a large canopy tree shaded her from the sunshine over head. The sound of the river running in the distance soothed her as she began licking the feathers off the duck.
kilimanjaro

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Litwick » Sun Nov 17, 2019 3:09 am

B E A R S T R I K E 28 moons m
════════════════════════════════
loc. camp// RP Beta//tags. -Inkfeather-

Bearstrike nodded with a challenging gleam in his eye, flashing him a friendly smile, they looked at each other and in an instant they were both surging in different directions to start the hunt, luckily, Bear easily picked up the scent of a rabbit.
Litwick

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby RogueRunner » Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:02 pm

⁉️
F O X P A W

() - ( Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever ) - ( Medicine Dog Apprentice ) - ( RiverPack ) - ( 8 moons old ) - ( Mentor: Inkfeather ) - ( Demisexual ) - ( No Romance ) - ( Tags: Open )
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════
Her heart pounded even faster than her panicked footfalls as she followed the river in the same direction she had been carried down. Every noise seemed louder somehow, and infinitely more frequent. The surroundings were bigger, loomed higher, seemed darker. She felt that she was going to be ripped to pieces any second now. I've been out so many times before. I'm fine! Yet, it felt so much worse being here simply because she knew that her Pack hadn't been before.

Actually...

Her attention was drawn by a scent. Her head snapped around, her entire body shivering. A golden shape flashed blindingly in her eyes, a horrible stench filling her senses for only a moment...the metallic smell of blood.

Then, a branch snapped nearby, and she broke into a full sprint.

🌡
W I L D P A W

() - ( Rottweiler/Newfoundland mix ) - ( Apprentice ) - ( RiverPack ) - ( 7 moons old ) - ( Mentor: Froststar ) - ( Bisexual ) - ( Crush: Reedpaw ) - ( Tags: Reedpaw )
═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════
Swallowing at the strange combination of panic and relief in Reedpaw's face, she simply nodded and reached for Smokenose's unmoving form with her large skull. Nudging under his neck with her muzzle, she crouched down and raised her head, using the extra leverage to roll Smokenose over and onto her back. She nearly gasped aloud with shock as he settled around her spine - before she remembered who she was with. He's...so much lighter now... Wildpaw could appreciate how much easier Smokenose was to carry than she anticipated, but it was so much more alarming than alleviating. His weight, the lack of meat on his bones, was only a reminder of how far from grace the once-noble warrior had fallen. And RiverPack, by extension. She suppressed a whimper and hurried to catch up with Reedpaw.

The very second the two apprentices stepped into camp, a thin, dying dog carried by the larger, Wildpaw found herself searching out a bushy-tailed, red pup. Where is she...is it possible that she went scouting for herbs already? We only just got back! Wildpaw struggled to keep her agitation, and fear, in check, her canine teeth grinding under her dark lips. She said, nearly in a growl, "I can stay with Smokenose while you look for Foxpaw." It suddenly occurred to Wildpaw that Reedpaw would probably want to be with his mentor, especially while...but, at the same time, Wildpaw didn't think it was a good idea for her to interact with the nervous wreck that was Foxpaw while she was frustrated, after she had lost her temper and stricken her (even if by accident).
RogueRunner

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby qerrat » Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:30 am

Reedpaw

♂| Flat-Coated Retriever | 9 Moons | Mentor: Smokenose Froststar | Crush: Open! | Location: Near Lake | Tags: Wildpaw

Reedpaw nodded, and rushed to the medicine den. To his horror, it was empty. "F-Foxpaw?" He looked frantically around the medicine den, even kicking aside her bed to see if she was buried underneath it. Foxpaw was nowhere to be seen. "FOXPAW!" Reedpaw yelled, running through camp, but it was extremely, horribly clear. She was no where to be seen. Reedpaw's heart was hammering in his chest like a woodpecker, and he could hear his blood pounding in his ears. Then he smelled her trail. Going in the opposite direction he and Wildpaw had gone in. What... Reedpaw couldn't understand why she'd leave camp when Smokenose needed her help. She was a medicine dog, for Starpack's sake. Reedpaw took a deep breath, and ran down her trail. She had been going slowly, so he had to fight his way through foliage and stray branches. His ears tucked against his head, Reedpaw took a deep lungful of air as he leaped over a fallen tree. He was on her scent for sure, but he hadn't caught sight of her yet, which was concerning.
Reedpaw came to a stream, it's powerful current drowning out the pounding in his head. There were a few, slippery, dangerous-looking rocks that led across the stream, but he doubted anyone in their right mind would attempt such a thing. He lifted his nose, but let out a cry of despair. I lost her scent! "FOXPAW!" he yelled again, though it was highly unlikely that anyone would hear him over the roar of the stream. Perhaps river was a more accurate description. Then, as he pressed his nose to the ground, he smelled her tracks... going straight into the river.

Last edited by qerrat on Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
qerrat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Queen of flames » Sun Nov 24, 2019 3:12 am

Inkfeather
male - dalmatian - medicine dog - Foxpaw (kind of) - crush: open - tags: Bearstrike

He looked the deputy for a moment before dashed to his own way to find something to catch. He wanted something big to catch, but small enough for one to make the kill, shaking his head as he sniffed the air, but the smell of herbs was still on his nose so it little bit bothered his scent of prey.
Queen of flames

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby RogueRunner » Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:44 pm

⁉️
F O X P A W

() - ( Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever ) - ( Medicine Dog Apprentice ) - ( RiverPack ) - ( 8 moons old ) - ( Mentor: Inkfeather ) - ( Demisexual ) - ( No Romance ) - ( Tags: Open )
Two different fears wrestled for control of Foxpaw as she bolted blindly through darkening woods. First, there was the worry that she would expend all her energy on a pointless run so that she was too tired when it actually became necessary. Then, there was the threat of whatever she had heard a mile or so ago. The second was far too consuming a thought, however, and she couldn't slow down, even when her chest began to ache. Even now, while she was running for her life, she couldn't help but wonder how a small scouting had come to this - no, how any of this had come to be. Wasn't StarPack looking out for them? What had they done to deserve all this? It's all my fault. I failed! I was supposed to see this coming and prevent it, just like how I was meant to help Smokenose. And now I've even failed to give him a decent final rest. I failed, I failed, I - A slim paw stepped over emptiness. Foxpaw couldn't react fast enough. She scrambled for a few seconds as her weight shifted her forward violently, and then she was slipping, slipping down the cliff face. Thinking quickly, she twisted around midair, locking her claws into the rock. However, she wasn't nearly strong enough. The sound of her claws within rock was pathetic, a tiny scraping sound as her belly was cut up by the jagged shape of the wall before her. It was nothing compared to the sickening snapping sound as her leg came into contact with the ground at last. She stifled a cry of agony and fell sideways, off the injured limb. I definitely broke it. How did I manage this? She whimpered as she forced herself to look up, around at her surroundings. Endless trees. And it was getting darker, so she knew that night was coming. She'd be helpless against whatever came across her. No, she couldn't wait for that. Swallowing, she looked back down, searching for anything. She couldn't even feel the relief as she noticed the sturdy branch, resting in a pile of stemmed plants; she just reached for them automatically.

The makeshift splint she had made kept her leg in place, but it was still horribly painful and she couldn't quite walk on it, which didn't surprise her. It certainly wasn't helping that her walking had become aimless, ever since she had fallen off the cliff and lost the river. The pain, worsened with fear, became so overwhelming at some points that she couldn't think about anything else, and when she could, her mind was foggy, clouded with exhaustion. Finally, when it became too dark for her to see more than a few feet in front of her, she sat down, a lump in her throat. Sluggishly, she raised her snout to the air and inhaled deeply. There's no sign of them. I could be walking further away, for all I know. Too tired to try further, she slumped down - and then, something. She instantly jolted awake and stood up, heart leaping. Yet, when she examined the scent, one that was undeniably dog, there was no familiarity. Her heart sunk again.

That isn't RiverPack.

🌡
W I L D P A W

() - ( Rottweiler/Newfoundland mix ) - ( Apprentice ) - ( RiverPack ) - ( 7 moons old ) - ( Mentor: Froststar ) - ( Bisexual ) - ( Crush: Reedpaw ) - ( Tags: None )
She huffed - in relief or annoyance, she couldn't tell - to herself as Reedpaw dashed off. Immediately after he was out of sight, she lay down, whipping her neck around so she could reach behind herself with her jaws. She gripped Smokenose's scruff gently in her teeth and tugged lightly, letting his body slide softly into the grass below. Her breath hitched, she looked down at him. His flank wasn't rising. He still isn't breathing! Her ears perked up as she heard the panicked scuffling of paws behind. She whirled around with an instinctive snarl, only to realize Reedpaw had fled from the medicine den. A shudder raced down Wildpaw's spine. She's not there! What are we going to do? What am... Her blood chilled as her gaze ran over the still dog again. What am I going to do? A debilitating hopelessness washed over the young apprentice as she realized just how helpless she was, sitting beside a starved warrior while she just waited in the hopes that Foxpaw would be found in time.

But she couldn't do that.

Swallowing her terror, she closed her jaws around Smokenose's neck again and tugged him in powerful bursts to the entrance of the medicine den. She shoved him forward, too numb with shock to think on it beforehand, and he slid down. He rolled several times before he hit the bottom with a painful thud. Yet, he was silent. He didn't even yelp. She hurried in after him, kicking up dirt and tiny pebbles as her giant claws scrabbled for purchase. Once she had regained her footing, she settled Smokenose on a cozy bed of moss in the corner. It looked somewhat disheveled, sticking out in some spots - probably moved around by Reedpaw when he searched this very same den in a fuss - but it would do just fine to provide the weary warrior with some relief. Slightly pleased with the better spot, she looked around the dim den, eyes searching for something that could possibly help him. Then, she saw it. Glittering amber, which smelled even sweeter than it looked. Wildpaw knew that she was no medicine dog, not like Foxpaw, but she had to do something. She whimpered softly as she brought the honey wrap before his cold body. She murmured in a quiet voice, whose shaking scared even herself, "Y-you're going to be fine, Smokenose. Here, eat this." She pushed it to his nose, hoping the smell would wake him. As his muzzle continued to be still, she felt sickness rising in her belly and throat. She didn't even know Smokenose, not really. Why did it hurt so much to see him like this?
Last edited by RogueRunner on Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
RogueRunner

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby qerrat » Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:24 am

Reedpaw

♂| Flat-Coated Retriever | 9 Moons | Mentor: Smokenose Froststar | Crush: Open! | Location: At the very edge of Riverpack border | Tags: None

As Reedpaw ran alongside the river, he berated himself. "Foxdung, Reedpaw! You don't know how far she went. You should- no you need to go back and get someone else to deal with this!" However, he continued to run, his belly brushing the stale grass. It was getting darker, and the territory was getting less familiar. Reedpaw knew he had been this way a few times, but rarely. This was leaving Riverpack territory! He quickly began to think, and realized, with a sigh of relief, that though they were on the edge of their territory, no other pack (that the five packs knew of) was on the other side. Reedpaw froze. Speaking of Foxdung... The unmistakable scent of fox was high in the air. Lovely. By myself, looking for a drowning medicine dog apprentice in the dark. I should've told someone I was leaving camp! Wildpaw, he thought desperately. Please, please, please tell someone if you leave camp. Hesitating, Reedpaw marked his scent. He didn't want to get lost.
There was a sudden growl, and Reedpaw whirled around, his black fur pressed against the stony ground. A fox. GREAT. Now you've done it, Reedpaw, he thought irritably. The young apprentice was pretty sure he could outrun it, but not if he continued to follow Foxpaw. He would tire eventually, and the fox knew this area better than he. Crouching low, he emitted a long growl, baring his fangs. He prepared to launch himself at it, or be launched at, then a sudden idea struck him. Reedpaw leaped forward, crashing into the fox. It snarled and bit down on his shoulder. Nope, oh no you don't, he thought, and sank his own teeth into's it's paw. It shrieked and yanked it's paw away, but then Reedpaw grabbed a second paw. Now! He tore free of the fox's grasp, and ran, continuing to follow the river. He hoped he had immobilized the fox. Reedpaw's shoulder was aching, but it wasn't serious. I'll be fine. Starpack, help me. Where is Foxpaw?

Last edited by qerrat on Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
qerrat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kilimanjaro » Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:04 am

= B R A M B L E S T R E A M =
sex; female age;25 moons rank; warrior breed; spaniel mix location; tags; Wildpaw, Reedpaw, Inkfeather (mentioned), open

Bramblestream couldn't help but notice the commotion going on around the camp. Her peaceful afternoon was interrupted by the yaps and howls of other dogs. Lazily, she rolled over to see the apprentices frantic. Wildpaw drug a warrior into the medicine dog den and Reedpaw rushed from camp. Bramblestream scowled with confusion. Inkfeather would probably take care of the dog Wildpaw had brought in so she didn't feel the need to inspect what was happening in the medicine dog den. More out of curiosity than concern, Bramblestream decided to follow Reedpaw. With a groan she stood and set off after him at a brisk walk. She was a good ways behind him, and he was moving very quickly. The spaniel followed his scent, carefully tracking the apprentice as she moved through the forest. It seemed Reedpaw had been following a scent as well. A staler scent but still unmistakable as Foxpaw. Bramblestream smirked. The smell of Reedpaw tasted slightly metallic and Bramblestream knew it was his excitement. The two apprentices were probably sneaking off to have some fun on their own. The spaniel rolled her eyes and continued tracking. She didn't care what the two apprentices did but she didn't like how close they were to the roaring river. Despite having no pups of her own, the warrior had a tendency of being very mothering toward younger dogs. Bramblestream continued, positive that she was far enough away from Reepaw that she wouldn't stumble into anything she would want to unsee. As she tracked through the forest, scents coming from all around, Bramblestream noticed that Foxpaw's scent disappeared when she reached the edge of the river. Confusion filled her mind. Foxpaw is smarter than that. She wouldn't swim in this river. I wouldn't even swim in this river, she thought taking a few deep sniffs of the bank. A few drops of water splashed her nose. She knew that there was no way Foxpaw would voluntarily get in that river but the abrupt end of her scent said otherwise. Bramblestream continued on following Reedpaw in hopes of figuring out the mystery. A small growl crept into her throat however as she noticed a fox scent nearby. The warrior lowered herself into a crouch and followed the dog scent intertwined with the enemy fox until she came across several blood stains. It was fox and dog blood she could smell. Her fur prickled like electricity as she became more concerned for the two apprentices. Surely they could've dealt with a fox together but Foxpaw's scent wasn't in the blood. Something told Bramblestream that the apprentices were in trouble. Setting off into a swift trot, the spaniel followed Reedpaw's trail, hoping she didn't find the apprentices murdered or drowned.
kilimanjaro

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me