Dog-Fight or Puppy-Mill RPs are no longer allowed.

Roleplays featuring animals or non-human fantasy creatures which are based on a book/movie/tv show (e.g. Warrior Cats, My Little Pony, Pokemon)

Dog-Fight or Puppy-Mill RPs are no longer allowed.

Postby Tess » Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:36 pm

Roleplays focusing on dog-fighting or puppy-mills will no longer be accepted on CS.
All currently active dog fight and puppy mill roleplays will be locked.

As this is a family website with many young members, it has always been against our rules to roleplay excessive/gruesome violence, or to roleplay forced mating. A lot of our users have recently expressed concerns that Dog-Fight roleplays and Puppy-Mill roleplays are not appropriate for CS, as they frequently (if not always) contain posts breaking these rules.

Dog-Fight roleplays are specifically about violence, so as necessary subject matter they contain continuous violent scenes or emphasize the resultant gruesome injuries. By 'dog-fight' we refer to roleplays where dogs are forced to fight one another - e.g. by locking them in a cage together. It doesn't include roleplays where (for example) two dogs hate each other and in one scene they end up fighting over something like a territory dispute.

Puppy-Mill roleplays are specifically about forced matings. Although it might not always be focused on, it doesn't seem possible to roleplay something like that without making reference to the fact that some of the animals are being bred against their will.

Similar roleplays involving other species are also not going to be permitted. We use the terms "dog-fight" and "puppy-mill" to describe the most common scenario. Roleplays focusing on forced fighting or breeding of any species will also be shut down.

Since the very subject matter of these roleplays encourages players to break the roleplay rules, we're banning these roleplays entirely. All currently active topics will be closed. Players who try to roleplay these subjects in future will have penalties applied for breaking the roleplay rules.

However, it will still be accepted to mention (without describing/roleplaying) puppy mills or dog fighting rings in the history of a character's biography. For example "Fang's scars are a constant reminder of his life in a dog-fighting ring before he escaped 3 years ago". Also, it will be okay to roleplay characters escaping from a dog-fighting ring or puppy mill, as long as there are no posts roleplaying the goings-on before they started the escape plan.
Click here if you need help from CS Staff or General Helpers!
Tess
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me