Murderers in Riverclan V.3 [welcome back!]

Roleplays featuring animals or non-human fantasy creatures which are based on a book/movie/tv show (e.g. Warrior Cats, My Little Pony, Pokemon)

Re: Murderers in Riverclan V.3 [roster updated 4/14]

Postby twistedm0th » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:18 am

Twistedblaze felt an eerie bit of dread welling up in his chest as he led his son further into the wetlands, not checking back to see if the others had followed. His pawsteps were cautious and wary, looking out for any danger as he ventured further towards the wide, roaring river of water that split RiverClan's territory from WindClan's. He caught a faint scent of another RiverClan cat and rushed ahead to greet them. "Weird... I smell someone else here, but I don't see anyone." Glancing behind him, he called, "Sunnypaw? Blastclaws? Are you coming?"

[Voting Cinderpaw]
twistedm0th

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby breezey   » Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:47 am

Breezefire sniffed the air again when Twistedblaze said something about the air being weird. The air smelled... more Riverclan and something else than it did the other clans. She didn't see any other of the inhabitants- so why was the scent of Riverclan so strong? "I smell something strange too." the she-cat said, and with a pang of horror, she realized the scent was the scent of death. No... no... It can't be Cinderpaw... she's too young for this to happen to her. she assumed it was her sister, but at the time she didn't know but it was a completely different cat.

((Firefeather
heeee heee heee
breezey  

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SpiritKitty » Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:53 am

sunnypaw opened his mouth to say something to twistedblaze before the scent of death wafted to his nose. he froze up with terror before yowling "i-i smell a dead cat... twistedblaze, whats going?! who is it?" his tail lashed as a thought crept into his mind jadestar wasn't in the camp when we left.. she's usually the first up. he shook his head to clear the traitorous thoughts before creeping behind twistedblaze.
SpiritKitty

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby shimmerstream » Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:59 am

Nightwatcher turned his head slightly to Cinderpaw. "It's... it's nothing. Just the rain and the storm and all. It's just one of those days I think." He didn't want to concern Cinderpaw, so he didn't elaborate. It was how he felt. One of those days. But which days, the ones where he felt like the world would end, and never did? Or the ones that actually did throw his life off kilter.

(I'm voting Firefeather)
shimmerstream

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby flightoftheowl » Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:01 am

Votes
Cinderpaw- |||||
Firefeather- |||
Votes are now closed. Stand by for the exile. You may continue to roleplay until the exile is posted.
flightoftheowl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby twistedm0th » Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:44 am

Twistedblaze shivered as he considered the thought of a cat-- one of his Clanmates-- to be dead in the gorge. "Well... Jadestar does come out of camp like this sometimes... and she wasn't in camp when we left... She's also very pushy about her being able to handle things herself, so I don't think this was an accident." While he was speculating, he was also checking around the area for any potential clues of any other cat's presence. "It doesn't look like there's anything else here. The rain must have washed all the scents away."
twistedm0th

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby flightoftheowl » Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:51 pm

RIVERCLAN

The Exile wrote:
It didn't take long for the patrolling party, after they'd caught the scent of death, to spot Jadestar's limp form, caught against the rocks at the base of the waterfall far below. Unfortunately, it was immediately clear that, with the strength of the raging waters and the force of the waterfall pounding down, it would be impossible to retrieve the blind leader's body. At first, the patrol thought it must have been a terrible accident. Perhaps, when the storm struck, she'd gotten confused and stumbled off the edge? The rain had almost washed away any signs of foul play. The killer almost got away with a clean kill.

Key word, almost.

Unfortunately for our murderer, though any signs of a struggle were gone, there were pawprints left behind. For while much of Riverclan territory was not sheltered from the rain, as it had rather fewer trees than Thunderclan, Jadestar had passed through one thick stand of trees on her way to the gorge that wasn't far from it. And the killer, while tracking the soon-to-be-dead leader, had also passed through this stand of trees. They had returned the same way, too, leaving another set of pawprints. Though all three sets had been deformed by water, leaving them too unclear to see exactly whose they were, the sharp eyes of the warriors had spotted these prints while on the way back to camp to break the news. Two sets of prints going to the gorge... and one fresher pair returning, imprinted more deeply in the wet ground. What's more, as it had been raining, the prints had been sunk in the mud and had held out more against the rain- the returning pair was found coming towards camp, though they weren't traced all the way to a den, as they had been trampled by cats going and coming that morning. It didn't take a genius to put two and two together. This was no accident- it was murder, and by a fellow clanmate, no less.

With heavy hearts, the patrol returned to camp to break the news to the clan. Mud-spattered, sorrowful, in shock, distrustful of each other and those around them, they were a sorry lot to look at- but nevertheless, Twistedblaze knew that, as the deputy, he had to take charge. He padded over to the entrance of the leader's den, and sitting down in front of it, yowled "Let all cats old enough to swim gather to hear my words!"

Those who hadn't come on patrol quickly came over, curiosity, confusion, and concern all showing in their faces as they wondered why Jadestar wasn't the one calling the traditional meeting words. But the ones who had been on patrol sat in grim silence, knowing exactly what was going to be said. Once everyone had gathered and found a place to sit, Twistedblaze stood, and addressed them all with remarkable composure. "First, most of you must be wondering why I'm the one addressing you, rather than Jadestar. I will address this first, so that no one has to wonder. Jadestar is-" The new leader's voice cracked, and he had to take a few moments to compose himself before breaking the news- "Jadestar is dead." This immediately caused everyone not in the know to pipe up, asking the obvious question, and the dark grey tabby had to raise his voice to be heard. "She was murdered by a Riverclan cat!"

The uproar was immediate, with every cat demanding to know how he knew this, what had happened, and- above all- who it was who had done such a terrible thing. Cats turned towards each other, warily gauging each other's reactions, suddenly distrustful of the cats they had known- or thought they'd known- all their lives. "Quiet!... Quiet!... BE QUIET!" shouted Twistedblaze at the top of his voice, not heard the first two times over the din- but his third cry was heard, and quiet quickly returned. Anxious faces turned the former deputy's way, hungry for comfort, for answers- and for someone to blame. "All we know is that Jadestar, who was likely on a walk, went in the direction of the gorge- and that another cat followed her. We can assume that this cat snuck up on her, and pushed her over the edge- her... her body is at the base of the waterfall. Then this cat returned to camp. We found two pair of pawprints going towards the gorge, and one returning. And because we cannot allow this act to go unpunished, I have decided- as a clan, we're going to vote for the cat who we think did it. That cat will be exiled, and will be killed on sight should they ever be seen in the territory again." Twistedblaze's voice had hardened. It was clear that the new leader intended to follow through on this statement. "You may begin discussing among yourselves who to vote for."

Despite the knowledge that one of their clanmates was a killer, most still discussed with those they trusted most who they thought it might be, and it took a while before everyone decided. But one name that was being said more and more often? "Cinderpaw." "She's so cold..." "Look at her, she's built like a tank- she could have shoved Jadestar off the ravine..." "The only one she had to sneak past was Sunnypaw, and he sleeps so heavily..." Slowly, everyone's gaze turned towards to the dark grey apprentice, who stared right back with defiance. Her family remained on her side, though; all three were looking at quiet Firefeather with suspicion.

Eventually, Twistedblaze came back to the front of the grouped-together clan. "Alright, everyone- listen up!" Silence quickly fell, and everyone turned to look at the amber-eyed tom. "I've asked every cat about their thoughts, and the clan has decided. Cinderpaw, please step forward." The apprentice stood up slowly, and made her way to the front of the clan. Hostile whispers and glares followed her progress- only Breezefire and Nightwatcher weren't against her, at this point, and both watched with increasing distress. "The clan has decided, Cinderpaw," Twistedblaze said slowly. His gaze was searching as he met his apprentice's eyes, as if to look for murderous intent there, but his voice was firm and decisive. "You are the cat who followed Jadestar to the ravine last night and pushed her over the edge. Do you wish to confess your guilt before you're driven out?" The apprentice stared at her mentor for a moment before turning her piercing gaze over her clan. "I did not murder Jadestar," she said, her voice even at first. "You're... you're exiling the wrong cat. Why would I ever want to do something as horrible as that? How could you think that?" The apprentice's voice was rising, and she was starting to tremble with distress. "I-I'll leave. If you really think that, I'll leave on my own. You don't have to drive me out. But it wasn't me. It wasn't!"

Twistedblaze shook his head sadly as she said this. "Even now, you won't confess... I don't understand why you did it, and I can hardly believe it, but nevertheless, the clan has decided. So... you must leave. Now. Or we will drive you out." Upon hearing this, Cinderpaw's ears flattened, her tail drooped, and a deep sadness filled her eyes. Even her mentor wouldn't side with her? And her family wouldn't speak up in her defense? "A-Alright... I-"

"Wait!!"

Everyone looked towards the source of the cry in surprise- it had come from Breezefire, who pushed her way through the others to stand by Cinderpaw's side. The medicine cat looked furious. "I can't watch this in silence any longer. I WON'T. It wasn't her! Don't any of you have ears? My sister is the most easygoing cat I know! She's got a sweet, caring heart! She breaks up fights between warriors, for Starclan's sake!! I KNOW that she's not a murderer. And if you bunch of fish-brains insist on exiling her, then I- your only medicine cat, keep in mind!- will go with her!" This unexpected action sent a wave of murmurs through the clan. Breezefire was, after all, their only medicine cat- she had no apprentice. If she left, then there'd be no cat to heal them, and no cat to tell them signs from Starclan... But the clan's minds were still set against Cinderpaw. No one retracted their vote, and no one changed it. "If you leave the clan with a murderer, so be it. We cannot stop you, but you cannot return, either," Twistedblaze said evenly. "Fine!" spat Breezefire, tail lashing. "Then we're leaving. Now. Good luck with that murderer, because they're still in the clan!"

Cinderpaw turned to look at her older sister, eyes filled with both gratitude and worry. "Thank you," she whispered. "But are you... sure? The clan needs you. Dad needs you." Both cats turned to look back at Nightwatcher, who was completely frozen in horror as he lost both of his daughters at once. "...Yes," the medicine cat murmured back. "I can't let you leave. Not alone. Together for life, remember?" The apprentice nodded, and purred as her heart flooded with gratitude. They then both turned back towards their father. We love you, Breezefire mouthed across the camp, eyes filled with sadness. We always will. Cinderpaw smiled shakily for him, which was clearly a huge effort, and nodded in agreement. Then, side by side, both turning their backs defiantly on their former clan, they padded out together.

The two sisters would go on to leave clan territory, looking for a place to go; despite the dangers they faced while on the road, they came safely to a barn where a few other cats lived and joined them as loners. Cinderpaw became Cinder, and Breezefire became Breeze; Breeze used her skills as a medicine cat to help others, teaching Cinder, too. And though the sisters didn't always get along, they never stopped loving and caring for each other, no matter what, and they stayed together for the rest of their lives.

You exiled one of your pairs, Riverclan! Two innocent cats are gone, one of them your medicine cat- and the murderer still lurks among you...
    Leader --
    Jadestar // she-cat // _Pockii
    Twistedblaze // tomcat // derpiness

Deputy --
    Blastclaws // tomcat // Tainted~Wings

Medicine Cats --
    Breezefire // she-cat // b r e e z e

Warriors -
    Nightwatcher // tomcat // shimmerstream
    Pumpkinmask // she-cat // moyashi.
    Firefeather // tomcat // 22tabby

Apprentices --
    Sunnypaw // tomcat // kitty_cat_meow_face
    mentor: Blastclaws
    Cinderpaw // she-cat // honeystorm.wishes
    mentor: Twistedblaze

Queens --
    ↳ none

Kits --
    ↳ none

Elders --
    ↳ none

----

round info: here
    chatzy: here

toms: 05
    she-cats: 01
    total: 06

----

families + relationships:
    -Jadestar + ?
    xx↳ Pumpkinmask, Firefeather
    -Twistedblaze + Pumpkinmask
    xx↳ Sunnypaw
    -? + ?
    xx↳ Nightwatcher, Blastclaws
    -Nightwatcher + ?
    xxBreezefire, Cinderpaw
flightoftheowl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby hxneystorm » Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:05 pm

can the roles pm me now that i've been exiled ??
hxneystorm

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby flightoftheowl » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:45 am

RIVERCLAN

The Kill wrote:
After Cinderpaw's exile, much of the clan felt that the murderer had been discovered and Cinderpaw had been given her just punishment- but there was quite a bit of unease over Breezefire's departure. What would the clan do without a medicine cat? How could their leader receive his lives? What if someone got hurt, or sick? How could they interpret the omens of Starclan? It was the most-talked-about topic in the clan for the rest of the day. Some insisted that they should track down Breezefire and bring her back, but others pointed out that Cinderpaw- the murderer- was with her, and might kill anyone who went after them. Besides, the medicine cat had sided with a traitor- she didn't deserve to come back! Some proposed that they ask for help from another clan's medicine cat- perhaps a medicine cat apprentice from another clan would be willing to come join Riverclan? But no one much liked that idea. Not much was done that day, at least at first, but Blastclaws soon took charge as deputy and assigned every cat something to do, to keep everyone's mind off of their grief over Jadestar's death and their worry about the lack of a medicine cat. Because of him, everyone was tired by the end of the day, and they slept better than they might have otherwise (at least, those who weren't holding a vigil for Jadestar), Blastclaws included. The murderer, too, slept well, safe in the knowledge that the blame had been shifted to someone else.

But the next morning, Blastclaws awoke to a paw gently shaking him awake. The new deputy slowly raised his head from his curled-up sleeping position, blinking sleepily at the murderer. "...Mmm? What is it? It's too early to wake me up," he grumbled grumpily, and almost rolled back over- but then it occurred to him that something else might have happened. What if another cat was dead? What if Cinderpaw had returned to take revenge? The black-and-white tom quickly sat up, shaking himself and trying his best to look alert. But the cat just laughed- though softly, to avoid waking anyone else up. "It's nothing urgent," they murmured. "But since you're already awake, why not come out here, so we don't wake anyone else up?" The tom huffed with annoyance. "If it wasn't important, then you shouldn't have woken me up!" But despite his annoyance, he followed the cat out of the den anyways. After all, yesterday had been a long day for everyone- no need for anyone else to be roused without reason.

As the pair walked out into the still-dark morning, Blastclaws noted that no one seemed to be awake yet except the two of them. The air was still chill, though it promised to be a nice day, as the rain had passed and the sky was cloudless. "Wow," the tom meowed softly, tipping his head back to look at the fast-fading Silverpelt and the brightening eastern sky. "I don't believe I've ever been up this early- even dawn patrol doesn't wake up until later!" The other cat, who had crossed the camp to retrieve some prey but was coming back his way, heard. They set their trout down, also looking up, and commented, "Yes, it really is beautiful... It makes you wonder what Starclan's like, doesn't it...?" Blastclaw's stomach was growling at the sight of the trout, and he missed both the note of malice in their voice and the dark expression on their face; he simply nodded in agreement. The fish was clearly fresh, and he hadn't eaten much yesterday. The cat looked back towards him, and gently pushed the trout towards him. "Here. I caught this for you, actually, just this morning. You're a deputy now, after all- you've got to be busy!" "So you woke me up this early for... a trout?" the tom asked, eyes showing his displeasure. "Oh, but this is no normal trout," the cat insisted. "You see, one time, I stayed up practically all night, and I was exhausted the next day. But Jadestar-" they hesitated, looking down for a a few moments before continuing, as if it pained them to say her name- "well... she sent me to see Breezefire. She fed me this leaf she called a 'tea' leaf, and it perked me right up. There's still some tea leaves in her den, so I squeezed the juice of them in there, see? I'm sorry if I bothered you, though... you don't have to eat it." The cat turned away, as if embarrassed, and made to pick up the trout.

But Blastclaws firmly shook his head, embarrassed himself now. After all, they'd clearly just been trying to be thoughtful. "No, no. I'll eat it! It's a thoughtful gesture, and I appreciate it. It just surprised me, is all!" He crouched down, giving the fish a thoughtful sniff. There was indeed a strange, bitter scent entwined with the enticing aroma of fish; somehow, it smelled familiar, but he couldn't think of when he'd smelled it before. Shrugging, he took a large bite- a reddish juice that wasn't blood seeped out of the fish, and a slit was visible on its belly where the juice must have been squeezed in. It was exceedingly bitter, and the deputy had to choke it down, but he valiantly took another bite.

The juice burned, all the way down. It was so bitter he could hardly stand it- as bitter as he'd imagine poison to be... The deputy's muscles began to lock in place; his jaw clamped shut, and though bile burned his throat as his stomach tried to reject the juice, he couldn't vomit. He couldn't move- he couldn't move! He tried to yowl, through his clenched jaws- all that came out was a strangled whimper. Then he began to twitch and jerk uncontrollably, falling limp and convulsing, foaming at the mouth. Starclan save me! he screamed in his head. The cat must have gotten the wrong leaf- right...? But all the cat did was saunter casually over as he thrashed in the dirt, staring coldly into his eyes. "Guess you'll get to find out about Starclan sooner than you thought," they said casually. "They do say 'be careful what you wish for', you know."

Blastclaw's vision was beginning to blur. Pain screamed through the black-and-white tom's body- he'd vomited, but it was far too late for his body to rid itself of the poison, and all he was doing was flailing weakly in a sticky puddle of it. But even as helpless as he was, two realizations hit him with those words, chilling him to the bone and causing him to fall limp. First- that juice had smelled exactly like... deathberries. And second, immediately following the first- this cat was the real murderer. Despair rolled over him as he realized- they'd exiled an innocent apprentice, and with her, the only one who might have saved him! His breathing was becoming more and more shallow, rapid little pants, as his lungs, his muscles, his whole body stiffened up again. But with one last, huge, heroic effort, he rolled his eyes in his killer's direction, forced his jaws open, and gurgled, "But... w-why... have y-you... betrayed-d... your clan-n?" Staring right back into the tom's horrified eyes, the killer laughed mockingly. "Oh, if you don't know already, I'm sure you will soon enough. But look at you... you can barely keep your eyes open. I won't keep you. So... Goodnight, Blastclaws. For good." The murderer turned their back on him, and left him to die, already returning to their nest, to pretend to wake up when the others did.

Blastclaws weakly turned his gaze skyward then, and as everything began to fade, as he breathed his last, he saw the whole sky was ablaze with the golden light of the sunrise; despite everything, his heart thrilled with the beauty of it. And as he closed his eyes, all the pain faded, all the sorrow fell away, and he leapt joyfully skyward, leaving his body behind to go join his parents in the stars.

Your deputy has been killed, Riverclan. Your time is starting to run out...

Firefeather is in line to be the next deputy. Due to the lack of warriors, Sunnypaw will be made into a warrior early. He will receive the name Sunnybreeze.
    Leader --
    Jadestar // she-cat // _Pockii
    Twistedblaze // tomcat // derpiness

Deputy --
    Blastclaws // tomcat // Tainted~Wings
    Firefeather // tomcat // 22tabby

Medicine Cats --
    Breezefire // she-cat // b r e e z e

Warriors -
    Nightwatcher // tomcat // shimmerstream
    Pumpkinmask // she-cat // moyashi.
    Sunnybreeze // tomcat // kitty_cat_meow_face

Apprentices --
    Cinderpaw // she-cat // honeystorm.wishes
    none

Queens --
    ↳ none

Kits --
    ↳ none

Elders --
    ↳ none

----

round info: here
    chatzy: here

toms: 04
    she-cats: 01
    total: 05

----

families + relationships:
    -Jadestar + ?
    xx↳ Pumpkinmask, Firefeather
    -Twistedblaze + Pumpkinmask
    xx↳ Sunnybreeze
    -? + ?
    xx↳ Nightwatcher, Blastclaws
    -Nightwatcher + ?
    xxBreezefire, Cinderpaw
Last edited by flightoftheowl on Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:52 am, edited 3 times in total.
flightoftheowl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby shimmerstream » Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:40 pm

Nightwatcher had slept surprisingly well, he'd kept as busy as possible the day before and after as much of a virgil as he could manage, he had slunk exhausted into a dreamless sleep.

The pink glow of the early morning sun peeked through the roof of the warrior's den, and the rosy light made Nightwatcher temporary content. His mind was still foggy from sleep, and he felt the urge to pee. So he stretched with a lazy yawn and stepped drowsily out of the den. His nose crinkled at a sudden vile scent. Was that... vomit? And something else bitter. Taking his eyes from the ground the sun glared right at him, just barely over the horizon, making him squint. With a tilt of his head however, the whole scene came into focus and the reaction was immediate.

There was no time for thought, just instinct. Nightwatcher bristled to twice his normal size, the shock and terror written across his face. He stumbled backwards as if lit on fire and didn't make a sound but for scrabbling. He simply couldn't help himself, he had always been a coward. A shame he felt in the back of his mind as the dead body of his brother lay there before him.
shimmerstream

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me