A Rising Storm | DNP

Roleplays featuring animals or non-human fantasy creatures which are based on a book/movie/tv show (e.g. Warrior Cats, My Little Pony, Pokemon)

A Rising Storm | DNP

Postby SilentMelody » Wed Oct 19, 2022 6:00 am

❝ lightning is quiet until it strikes... ❞
A storm is coming to Lightningclan. The leader and the medicine cat fell in love, though it is forbidden. The six kits they gave birth to will only bring evil; they are cursed. With each kit, something terrible will come to the clan. It began with the deputy becoming sick with jealousy and power. The deputy was moved by spirits of the Dark Forest, persuaded into taking one of the leader's lives. The deputy was exiled as a result, the leader sparing their life despite others protesting. Some of the members of the clan wanted to seek revenge, and they formed a group to kill the deputy, succeeding. But at what cost?

The deputy came to the six kits in their dreams, trying to recruit them to the Dark Forest. But only some practiced the former deputy's evil ways. As the kits became apprentices, they plotted ways to take down the clan with the deputy whispering in their ears at night. A fire swept over the clan, which forced the cats to travel far and away to a new territory in order to survive. Despite the clan's efforts, the Dark Forest attacked the new camp. Eventually, the former deputy took the leader's last life.

Now that the leader has passed, the clan is in turmoil. The deputy continues to haunt the kits and brings the threat of the Dark Forest to the clan. The medicine cat has lost contact with Starclan, and all seems lost. What will become of the storm?

────────────────────────
DISCUSSION & FORMS
────────────────────────

original idea | image credit
SilentMelody

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

directory

Postby SilentMelody » Wed Oct 19, 2022 6:09 am

TABLE OF CONTENTS:
introduction
rules
plot
lightningclan
dark forest
territory
relationships
news

HELPFUL LINKS:
herbs & medicine guide
diseases & injuries
the warrior code
ceremonies
common terms & body language
fighting techniques
SilentMelody

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

rules

Postby SilentMelody » Fri Oct 21, 2022 8:59 am

──── INFORMATION!!

➞ All of the site rules apply.
      ➞ Reservations last about 48 hours.
      ➞ LGBTQ+ cats are allowed and welcomed!
      ➞ Post all forms and out of character discussion on the discussion & forms thread.
      ➞ Your own cats cannot be your own cat's mate/crush/mentor/apprentice.
      ➞ Do not argue with anyone, unless in character on the roleplay thread.
      ➞ Please do not start any major events without my permission. If you have an idea for an event, please PM me beforehand!
      ➞ Be active! I will PM you if you have been inactive for 2 weeks. If it's been more than a month, your cats will be removed.
      ➞ You can have as many characters as you can handle. If you have more than 1 character, please create at least 1 warrior.
      ➞ No controlling other cats or pretending your character is perfect. Do not kill or injure another character's cat without permission.
SilentMelody

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

plot

Postby SilentMelody » Fri Oct 21, 2022 3:22 pm

──── PLOT!!
    ────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
    plot xx breakdown ───
      1. Lightningclan is in turmoil after the death of their leader. Since Starclan is unavailable, the deputy cannot receive their nine lives and the medicine cat has not received any prophecies. There are whispers of dissent and disbelievers within the clan.
      2. Despite being distant from Starclan, the clan attempts to regain their strength and prepares for war against the Dark Forest.
      3. The clan wins one battle against the Dark Forest. There is peace for 1 moon while the clan stabilizes and heals.
      4. Rogues begin to surround the territory. The group claims to be in league with the Dark Forest and threaten to take the clan's new home.
      5. Starclan finally sends a prophecy...
      6. Now warriors, the evil kits turn against the clan and join the group of rogues.
      If anyone has any suggestions for future plot events and possible prophecies, please PM me!!
      thexx six xxkits───
        1. reserved for DaniCalifornia
        2. reserved for yennefer
        3. reserved for anathema
        4. reserved for MADELEINE COOKIE !!
        5. reserved for animatedzero
        6. reserved for Euthymios
        If you would like to reserve one of these kits, please PM me!! They must all be 8 moons old.
      the xxdarkxxforest ───
        1. former deputy, reserved for SilentMelody
        2. reserved for yennefer
        3. reserved for animatedzero
        4. open
        5. open
        6. open
        If you would like to reserve one of these cats, please PM me!! They will be followers of the evil deputy.
      prophecy xx cats───
        None yet... they will appear later in the plot. Stay tuned for this section!!
Last edited by SilentMelody on Thu Nov 10, 2022 10:35 am, edited 4 times in total.
SilentMelody

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

lightningclan

Postby SilentMelody » Thu Nov 03, 2022 1:01 pm

leader───
    - Lotus-star | 67 moons | a chestnut tom with green eyes | deceased NPC

deputy───
    - [url=link]name[/url] | age | description | SilentMelody

medicinexx cat───
    - [url=link]name[/url] | age | description | yennefer

medicinexx catxxapps───
    - [url=link]name[/url] | 8 moons | description | anathema
    - [url=link]name[/url] | 8 moons | description | MADELEINE COOKIE !!

warriors───
    - [url=link]name[/url] | age | description | yennefer
    - [url=link]name[/url] | age | description | MADELEINE COOKIE !!

apprentices───
    - [url=link]name[/url] | 8 moons | description | DaniCalifornia
    - [url=link]name[/url] | 8 moons | description | yennefer
    - [url=link]name[/url] | 8 moons | description | animatedzero
    - [url=link]name[/url] | 8 moons | description | Euthymios

queens/kits───
    --- [url=link]name[/url] | age | description | SilentMelody
    - [url=link]name[/url] | age | description | user

elders───
    - [url=link]name[/url] | age | description | user
Last edited by SilentMelody on Thu Nov 10, 2022 10:36 am, edited 3 times in total.
SilentMelody

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

dark forest

Postby SilentMelody » Thu Nov 03, 2022 1:12 pm

leader───
    - [url=link]name[/url] | age upon death | description | SilentMelody

warriors───
    - [url=link]name[/url] | age upon death | description | yennefer
    - [url=link]name[/url] | age upon death | description | anathema
    - [url=link]name[/url] | age upon death | description | animatedzero
    - [url=link]name[/url] | age upon death | description | user
    - [url=link]name[/url] | age upon death | description | user

rogues───
    Currently closed. These cats will be important to the plot later on!!
Last edited by SilentMelody on Sat Nov 12, 2022 11:41 am, edited 3 times in total.
SilentMelody

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

relationships

Postby SilentMelody » Thu Nov 03, 2022 1:53 pm

CRUSHES:
    one-sided:
    - name likes name
    mutual:
    - name and name like each other

MATES:
    regular:
    - name and name are mates
    with kits:
    - name and name are the parents of
    ex-mates:
    - name and name are no longer mates

MENTORSHIP:
    - name mentors name

KIN:
    - name and name are siblings
    - name and name are cousins
SilentMelody

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

flora

Postby SilentMelody » Thu Nov 03, 2022 2:30 pm

season: beginning of new-leaf | weather: slightly cloudy, but warm

outside xxthe xx camp─────
      Lightningclan lives in a forest mostly consisting of pine trees. There is a river, situated between a gorge, that they often use to fish from. Downstream, a trail of rocks is placed across the river, which they use to cross -- though one needs to be careful not to slip! They travel across the river and along land outside of their territory in order to reach the sparkling water cave known as the Mooncave, where they usually communicate with Starclan. The cats lay next to the water and instantly fall asleep, their warrior ancestors soon reaching their dreams. In the distance of their territory is a clear view of mountains. A Twoleg bridge runs throughout their territory, though it is abandoned. A stream runs underneath that, which is a safer place to fish compared to the large river. Although most of their hunting territory is forest, there is also a meadow. The meadow is a good spot for mentors and apprentices to train. At the edge of their territory opposite the river is Twolegplace, which Lightningclan tries to avoid as much as possible due to the many dangers lurking there.

inside xx the xx camp─────
      Lightningclan's spacious camp is located deep within the pines and is difficult to find, situated in the densest part of the territory to provide the most protection from predators possible. The entirety of the camp is surrounded by brambles and thistles, making it well-protected. There is a small creek that runs throughout their camp, which is fun for the kits to play in. A fallen down tree stretches across the small creek to the leader's den: a large cave with a waterfall flowing over part of the entrance. Connected to it is High Rock, where the leader will give ceremonies, while the clan will sit on the camp clearing. The medicine cat's den is an underground system and is underneath a cave of rocks. There is a small pool of water in the back of it, which sick cats are easily able to drink from. As well as that, some of the walls of the den are covered in moss. The warriors' den is a system of three caves, leaving plenty of room for the cats to sleep. The apprentices' den is yet another cave, and although it is large, it is still not as large as the warriors' den. The nursery is the third largest den in camp, following the leaders den and the warriors den. The elders' den is a hollowed-out tree with moss and lichen hanging over the front for privacy and warmth. Lastly, there is the prisoners' den, in the case that they have to take another cat as prisoner. Nowadays, Lightningclan does not use it often, as they are the only clan that roams the forest. But long ago, when there was another clan, they would often use it during times of war. The prisoners' den is uncomfortable and is just two colliding rocks that form a small cave. There is an outlook rock, serving the purpose for guards to look over the camp and protect their clan members.
SilentMelody

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

fauna

Postby SilentMelody » Thu Nov 03, 2022 2:42 pm

prey availability: ★★★★☆ | predator availability: ★★☆☆☆

prey─────
      ■ FISH (very common) ➞ With the amount of water on their territory, fish are often caught. These include trout, carp, and minnows.
      ■ BIRDS (very common) ➞ Birds are the preferred prey of the cats. These include thrushes, sparrows, finches, pigeons/doves, starlings, magpies, wrens, blackbirds, robins, lapwings, wagtails, and crows. However, crows are often the least preferred.
      ■ RODENTS (very common) ➞ Mice and squirrels are very common throughout the forest.
      ■ MAMMALS (common) ➞ Rabbits can also be found quite often, especially in the meadow. Shrews are also common and are found throughout the forest. Voles are found in the sources of water throughout the territory.
      ■ FROGS & TOADS (common) ➞ Although they are common, most cats prefer other prey, so they are not hunted often.
      ■ SNAKES (rare) ➞ These are often seen as a threat. But in the case of shortage of prey, they will hunt snakes.
      ■ EGGS (rare) ➞ In the case of shortage of prey, the cats will resort to eating the eggs from birds.
      ■ HAWKS & FALCONS (rare) ➞ Although slightly less of a threat than eagles, they are still seen as a threat and require multiple cats.
      ■ EAGLES (very rare) ➞ Eagles often takes a pack of warriors to hunt down, as they can also be seen as a threat.

predators─────
      ■ FOXES (common) ➞ Foxes usually try their best to avoid the clan, but they will sometimes attack.
      ■ BADGERS (uncommon) ➞ Badgers are more of a threat than foxes and need several warriors to defeat.
      ■ BIRDS OF PREY (uncommon) ➞ Eagles, falcons, and hawks are dangerous to small cats like kits. Sometimes they will be killed for prey.
      ■ OUTSIDERS (uncommon) ➞ Kittypets are not seen as a threat, but rogues and loners occasionally will roam their territory.
      ■ RATS (rare) ➞ Rats are hardly ever found throughout the territory, but if so they more than likely came from Twolegplace.
      ■ TWOLEGS (very rare) ➞ Twolegs rarely venture onto the territory.
      ■ DOGS (very rare) ➞ Since Twolegs are hardly on their territory, neither are dogs.
SilentMelody

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

news

Postby SilentMelody » Thu Nov 03, 2022 2:46 pm

──── RECAP!!
    - pre | Lotus-star lost his last life