molotov and nervousdog

If you only want to roleplay with one other person, or only with certain people, then you can do so here (any genre).
Forum rules
Remember, all content must remain child-friendly at all times!
Users breaking this rule by using foul language, roleplaying explicit sexual scenes, excessive violence/torture, non-consensual 'romance', or other adult themes may be banned.

the hunter // 009.

Postby molotov » Mon Jan 23, 2023 3:58 pm

xxx ≫───➣ 𝐂𝐘𝐑𝐔𝐒
    scrambling back to his feet, cyrus shook off the trash that clung to his feathered frame. it took a moment, but the beast calmed as he allowed himself to listen, glancing over at mave as she spoke. not unlike their first time meeting, the witch was full of surprises. he wasn’t expecting to get reassurance from her of all people, much less have it get through to him. the anger dissipated from the little amount of expression he was able to convey, and he slowly moved out of the trash heap and plopped down to the ground. “thank you, i appreciate that..” he answered finally, nodding with her suggestion. mave was too kind to be a witch. perhaps, he could be grateful that despite her lack of skill in magic, she still held the willingness to help him. for a moment things seemed at peace. a strange feeling warmed his chest, than all at once he was back to normal. sitting there in tattered clothing, he was quick to pull himself to his feet, a look of relief flooding across his otherwise unreadable expression.

the moment of respite didn’t last, the sound of a stranger approaching catching his attention. not soon after did the newcomer make themselves known; a hunter. a feeling of dismay overwhelmed cyrus, silently he scolded himself for not anticipating the presence of another hunter after all that had transpired. ever since he had that spell cast on him he had felt off, clearly it had taken a toll on his ability to plan ahead and prepare to run into another hunter. feeling the pull at his sleeve, mave was clearly intent to flee the confrontation. cyrus continued to stand his ground, expression hardening. “i am aware.” he whispered right back, not daring to take his eyes off the hunter. being called a traitor hit him harder than he would’ve liked to admit, he had yet to acknowledge that fact himself. nevertheless it wasn’t any less true. this witch was a frequent reminder that he had failed to uphold his duties as a hunter. “i’d like to see you try.” he retorted, eyes narrowing. his irritation rose when he once again felt a tug. “would you prefer we die instead?” cyrus hissed in a hushed tone, keeping his unwavering gaze on the hunter. “that’s not how the real world works, mave, i suggest you get out of your fantasy land, and focus on not getting yourself killed.” he stood in place protectively, as his gaze focused on the pistol in the other man’s hands. assessing their threat carefully, his mind was a lot clearer now that he had returned back to his true form. he was too far away from his bag to grab his crossbow, he’d risk him or mace being shot if he made any sudden moves. his foot knocked into the lid of the trashcan as she shifted his stance, a thought coming to mind.

“get down!” he urged the witch, with lightning speed he flung the lid of the trash can at the man’s face. ducking as the hunter‘s vision was temporarily obstructed and he raised the gun, cyrus took the opportunity to dart towards him. effectively knocking the pistol from his hand, the weapon skidded into the piles of trash. the man swiftly pulled out a long blade in its place, making an attempt to jab him in the chest. cyrus caught his hand last second, the knife only managing to slice through the fabric of his shirt before he was able to overpower the stranger. punching the man in the face, he than grabbed the hunter by the collar of his shirt and violently slammed his head into the wall. the man’s body went limp, as his knife clattered to the floor. cyrus let go of the man, watching his unconscious body slump to the floor awkwardly. cyrus stared down at the hunter for a moment, before he poked the unmoving body with his foot. stepping away when he confirmed the man was out cold, but still somewhat alive. “don’t worry, he’s just taking a little nap.” he assured the witch, as if he were talking to a child. examining the hunters blade, his interest peaked with the clear high quality of it. taking the sheath off the man’s belt and putting the blade back into it. he pocketed the knife before he turned back to mave with a blank expression. “he might have a little damage to that brain of his, but he’ll live.” cyrus shrugged, strolling over to the heap of trash, and grabbing his bag before quietly adding. “-probably.” he glanced back down at the unmoving body, than over at mave as he nodded to the exit. “for the record, if he comes after us again, i will kill him. i’m already putting my reputation on the line because of you, i’d like to prevent word getting out that i’m siding with a witch, if i can help it. - now, let’s get moving.”

their stay at the large city was short-lived to say the least, they were no longer safe, and they needed to get a head start before they attracted anymore trouble. after exiting the city, cyrus took the lead, formulating where their next useful stop might be. he decided their best choice would be to follow the river, recalling the locals discussing a port down river on one of his previous commissions. there was a lot to consider, in that time. was this spell on him truly a curse? and if so, was it possible to break? that had yet to be known, and the uncertainty of it all only further pushed him into a sense of urgency. the brief altercation had taken a toll on the gash in his hand, he could tell the struggled had caused the wound to open back up. he could be fortunate that despite it all, the bandages remained in tact.
    they soon reached the edge of the land. the river flowing into a backdrop of ocean. the light distant boats shimmered in the coming night, and the water gleamed gently in the fleeting daylight that still managed to touch the edge of the sky. nevertheless. the trading port was alive with activity, warm hues and unique goods shone from inside the many booths and outdoor shops that adorned the boardwalk. gently, he let his hand drift to mave, gently directing her though the crowd in order not to lose her amongst the chaos. moving to a quieter part of the small town. a cozy little in stood at the edge of the area, a perfect place to rest for the night. they had gotten lucky, or so he thought. “sorry dears, the inn is always busy this time of year. we’ve only got one room available.” the older woman at the front desk answered apologetically, offering them the single key. with reluctance, he took it. ambling to the room in silence before he finally spoke. “let’s not make this weird... you can take the bed. i’ll sleep on the floor.” he opened to door to their room. revealing a small bedroom, the large bed taking up most of the tiny space. he hesitated a moment before, plopping his belongings on the nightstand. the hunter promptly swiveled to mave, for once looking somewhat sheepish. “i know this isn’t the ideal arrangement. if you don’t feel comfortable, i can leave and meet back up with you in the morning.” he offered, he could probably find a place to sleep outside close by, it wouldn’t be the first time he would have to. “first and foremost i suppose we should go over the information i found.” pulling out the book, he sat down on the edge of the bed, hesitating a moment to open it. there were sizable gashes in the cover from his transformation, but apart from the exterior, the contents inside seemed to have been protected. “from where i left off, it was discussing dark magic; curses to be specific.” he flitted through the pages, stopping when his eyes caught the familiar wording as he offered the book to mave for her to scour over. “does any of this sound familiar to you?”
molotov

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

ten

Postby nervousdog » Tue Jan 24, 2023 4:23 pm

♡♡ mave ━━━
    mave was taken aback as the hunter replied in a hushed whisper and shot him a small glare . she certainly wasn't living in some fairyland just because she didn't want to see someone else murdered . he was right though, this hunter would have no mercy for the witch so she needed to be on alert . her heart nearly jumped out of her chest when cyrus snatched the trashcan lid in a swift motion before quickly ducking as instructed . she stood frozen in place as cyrus dove at the other hunter . even though her first encounter with him was him attacking her, she never had to actually fight him . she felt her stomach churn as he slammed the man's head against the brick wall . she got beyond lucky, mave couldn't imagine what would've happened if her spell didn't go wrong . a chill ran down her spine and she shook her head to clear out the thoughts . her unfortunate luck with magic lead saved her so she shouln't dwell on it . only after cyrus confirmed that the hunter wasn't getting up anytime soon did mave find the courage to move from her spot . she shuffled towards him as he motioned to leave, flinching at his comment as she walked with him . right . he was being civil because he needed her, not because he thought she was different from any other witch . she frowned as she thought about it, he was worried about his reputation while she had to worry about her life . she took a deep breath and bit her tongue, keeping silent as she followed him out of the city .

mave pulled her hood further down as they walked along the river . the next city soon came into sight and she couldn't help but feel the same excitement at seeing it as she did the last . the smell of the salty ocean was pushed along by the breeze . the witch stared out at the shimmering water, the beauty was something she didn't think she'd ever see . boats speckled the horizon as the sky slowly losing it orange evening glow as night settled in behind them . the noise and lights of the bustling port distracted mave as they moved into the city . it was completely different from the last, impressive ships were stationed alongside large wooden docks and open market stalls lined the harbor . both vendors and sailors could be heard loudly exchanging conversations . she felt cyrus's hand touch her and followed him past the crowds until the bustling harbor could barely be heard in the distance . although this part of town wasn't as lively, it was still a pleasant area . mave sighed in relief as they made their way into the small inn . after another rough day she was ready to rest . the woman at the desk was very kind but at the offer of only one room mave frowned and followed behind hunter . "ha ha" the witch replied as the door swung open . the inn was small, sure, but she didn't expect it to be this small . "i don't think any arrangement we've found ourselves in to be ideal ." she deadpanned before following him into the tiny room . on the other side was a small window looking out at the quite street . the fear of any more hunters stumbling across her came onto her . it felt a little silly to be so paranoid but mave crawled across the bed and closed the curtains before turning to face cyrus and his scarred book . what a shame, it looked like it was a nice cover too .

"curses ?" she paled at the thought before it all clicked . it should've been obvious to her yet she was too ignorant to connect the dots . taking the book from the hunter she skimmed the page . "i'm not very well versed in curses, there were certain books i wasn't allowed to read when i was younger ." the book talked about the difference between normal spells and cursed spells, going on to explain how rare these cursed spell books were . her mind drifted to the collection her father had . "my parents passed when i was still young, so i never got around to reading those books ." her heart hurt as she thought about her home, it was probably a pile of ash right about now . "my father had a lot of rare and unique books, he always said that they're little windows into other worlds .." her voice trailed off as she went back to reading the contents of the damaged library book . "it says that curses can range in severity, ranging from something as simple as not being able to tell anything but lies to something that can plague a bloodline for generations ." mave looked up from the book and gave cyrus a sheepish smile "uh, i guess that cues in on the kind of curse we're up against .. oh-" the loud crash of a metal trash can could be heard in a nearby alley, followed shortly by the sound of two angry street cats, causing the witch to spook and gasp in surprise . she felt the anxiety of being caught swell in her chest and nervously looked towards the curtained window before saying "maybe you should stay here- just in case someone tries to murder me" she anxiously rubbed a page between her thumb and finger before thinking back to the hunter's prior comments about his reputation and shot him a bitter look "unless, of course, you fear your reputation will be challenged ." she flipped through a few more pages before landing on one that detailed a curse that was similar to theirs . she scanned the page before grimacing, "there's a few pages going over a few documented curses, nothing in depth but it does talk about possible cures .." she felt her ears heat up as she blushed, turning the book to cyrus . the book loosely explained that the way to break the curse would be for the cursed individual to find love in the thing they hated most . "i think we should cross reference this with any other books we find later on, just incase there's a different option"
nervousdog

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

the hunter // 010.

Postby molotov » Thu Feb 02, 2023 1:32 pm

xxx ≫───➣ 𝐂𝐘𝐑𝐔𝐒
    cyrus listened quietly as she explained, his suspicions from before were promptly confirmed with the mention of her parents passing. his guilt only grew with that realization; knowing he had not only torn her away from her home, but perhaps the only remnants of her family she had left. being an orphan himself, he couldn’t help but resonate with her. nevertheless, he casted that regret aside as he tried to focus on the task at hand. “i see.” cyrus murmured, his frown deepening as she continued to explain the range of severity a curse could inflict. before he had a chance to speak, they were interrupted by the sound of cats fighting in the nearby alleyway, their muffled yowls unpleasant on his ears. the witch seemed particularly bothered by the sudden chaos just outside their window, and cyrus was quick to try and ease her worries. “don’t let a couple of stray cats spook you, you’re safe.” he assured in jest, though the little amusement that was brought to his features promptly fell back into a scowl as the witch proceeded to bring up his past comments. “-i don’t fear anything, thank you very much.” he retorted grumpily. “my reputation goes beyond personal reasons. i could care less of what others think about me - outside of my job, i’m not doing this for myself.” he decided the leave it at that, not intent to explain the details of his situation. he quieted down, observing mave’s expression as she read through the book, a pang of dread hit his chest when she seemed to grimace.

the hunter cocked a brow, as she offered the book back to him. he took a moment to read over the text, his face promptly flushing bright red. “find love?” cyrus repeated dumbly, as if the concept was unfamiliar to him. he reread the text as if he had misread it the first time, his blue eyes drifted the mave, than back to the book. “-like romantically?” clearing his throat awkwardly. his posture straightened and he turned his head away stubbornly. “there better be a different option, no way in hell that’s happening. witches are seen repulsive creatures for a reason.” he muttered under his breath, a disgusted look across his expression. it was evident what he loathed the most by now, even without saying it, he was sitting right next to one - well, perhaps mave was an exception to his hatred, but she had never felt like a true witch to begin with. - perhaps it would be best to clarify he held no spite twords her particularly, his blue eyes trailed back to mave, observing her carefully for a moment. “although, for what it’s worth, you’re a laughably abysmal witch. you’re far too kind, and you can barely control your own magic.” he concluded. in cyrus’s mind it was meant to be a compliment, unbeknownst to him it could be taken as an insult just as easily (not helped by his monotonous voice.) that’s when a thought came to mind, remembering the knife he had snatched from the hunter, he pulled the sheathed blade from his pocket. “so long as you can’t rely on your magic. perhaps, you’ll feel safer with a proper means of defense?” he was careful in the way he phrased it. a part of him worried she might reject the item, given her past opposition to violence. “if you’re intent to keep to your pacifist ways - that’s fine - but you should keep a blade close just in case you find yourself in a pinch.” he gently placed the knife on the bed beside her, trying to show a sign of trust with the offering. “you’ll find knives make far better weapons than ladles.” he added with a teasing note to his voice, flashing a small smirk as he stood to his feet. “anyways, it’s probably best we get some rest. we’ll explore the port in the morning, see what information we can find.”
molotov

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

eleven

Postby nervousdog » Fri Feb 03, 2023 6:41 pm

♡♡ mave ━━━
    repulsive ? the audacity of this man . mave scowled as she watched his expression shift before closing her eyes and taking a deep breath . she didn't know if she wanted to hit him or cry from his harsh words . his hot and cold attitude towards her was gonna give her whiplash . the witch bit the inside of her cheek and held her tongue, however, the more he spoke the harder it was for her to hold back . "abysmal ?!" she balled her hands into fists as they rested in her lap . the thought of genuinely hitting him crossed her mind but as nice as the thought was she refrained herself from doing so . "you have some nerve, honestly ! would it kill you to say something nice to me ?" she watched as cyrus grabbed the stolen blade, growing uneasy . did he finally get sick of her ? was this finally it ? she nervously shifted her weight, a feeling of panic setting in . her unease was quickly replaced with surprise when he offered her the weapon . mave glanced up at the hunter with a confused look before carefully picking up the knife and running her hand over the leather clad blade . his actions never matched his words and it drove her up the wall, he was just going on about how untrustworthy and vial witches are, but then he gives her a weapon and trusts her to not harm him . "... thank you" she mumbled before giving him an annoyed look and placed the knife next to the pair of pillows neatly resting at the head of the bed . "you can sleep at the foot of the bed," she tossed him a pillow before quickly grabbing at the covers and balling them up in her lap, her face pink, "but ! you don't get any blankets because you're rude !" throwing the covers over her head she closed her eyes . despite his infuriating demeanor it was truly nice having someone else around to keep her company . it was strange sharing a room with someone else but she felt oddly at ease knowing if something happened there was someone to protect her . she drifted off to sleep fairly quickly, warm and comfortable under the fluffy sheets .

the sun peeked through the curtains and shined directly on mave's face . with a groan she sat up and rubbed her eyes, quietly sneaking out of the bed so she wouldn't wake cyrus up . she closed the door as quietly as she could before heading down the small hallway and down the stairs . the inn was smaller than the one they stayed in last night and seemed to not get as many visitors, but the vibe was cozy despite the low traffic . she walked into a little room where breakfast was being served, it was also a buffet style breakfast but was smaller in scale . she shoveled some eggs and a couple of waffles onto her plate, smothering it in syrup . content with her choice of breakfast she sat in a little booth by a window . she looked out at the quiet street the inn sat on, the neighboring buildings all shared a charming beachy vibe . the street looked a lot friendlier in the daylight than it did in the dark . she stared out the window for a few moments, she knew that it wasn't anything "special" but she couldn't help herself in awe of the mundane every time she see's something new . her eyes drifted towards the alleyway that the stray cats were fighting in last night and to her horror she spotted a grey cat, making eye contact with the feline . it maintained eye contact with her and she felt a chill run down her spine . it was like the furry demon was staring straight into her soul with it's yellow eyes . the witch jerked in surprise when cyrus finally joined her, slamming her knee into the table and cursing . "you need a bell !" she said and picked up her fork . she had yet to take a bite of her food since she was so distracted by the alley cat . she glanced back out the window only to see that the cat was gone. with a sigh of relief mave looked up at cyrus "i think we could walk down to the port and walk around down there," she suggested as she cut a sizable bite of waffle and took a bite . she finished chewing before continuing "it's really busy there at night, so i imagine it's more so during the day . so we should blend in pretty easily ." the witch took another bite of her food and shot the hunter a cheeky grin "and i promise not to do anything witchy ." while she was still annoyed at the hunter's cruel commentary from last night but figured it was best to let it go .

when mave finished her food she unfolded a poster that had been pinned to a bulletin board next to the dining room's doors . "i noticed this flyer for a festival going on for the next few days . so there's gonna be a lot of people in the area- we won't look out of place in this kind of setting !" she turned the page to show cyrus . "Witch of the Vernal Equinox Festival !" was printed in bold letter on the top of the page . the poster briefly describe the history behind the festival and of a witch called evanora killoran under the headline . there was no way he would say no to this, it would be a good opportunity to get a lot of information fairly easily . though there was an ulterior motive behind her wanting to go down to the port beside gathering clues, mave also wanted to see everything everything she's read about festivals . her books always spoke about treasures for sale and all sorts of exciting activities and performances going on . "plus if we're laying low for a bit we have time to spare and can look around the festival at our leisure" she said in a suggestive tone . jumping up from her seat mave smiled at the hunter "maybe we'll come across something interesting !" she then turned and left the the room, heading back up the stairs to change into fresh clothes and gather her things . she threw her cloak around her shoulders, pinning the fabric together with a simple broach . her excitement to get out and be around so many people and learn so much more about life outside her sheltered childhood grew and she threw her bag over her shoulder and opened the door to face cyrus "hurry up ! we have a festival to explo- uh, to investigate !" she then breezed past him to wait in the lobby .
nervousdog

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

the hunter // 011.

Postby molotov » Sun Feb 12, 2023 4:21 pm

xxx ≫───➣ 𝐂𝐘𝐑𝐔𝐒
    it occurred to him that he wasn’t use to company, which wasn’t helped by his inability to formulate a proper complement without it backfiring. it was hard to recall the last time he really talked with someone, most of his conversations were strictly business. even when it came to visiting his siblings and grandfather he talked very little, far more concerned with tending to their every need. he hoped his gift had gotten the point across, at least. trust went both ways and he was making an effort to shed light on that with the gesture.
    again, he had gotten fairly little sleep, and it wasn’t because he wasn’t use to sleeping on the floor—without anything to keep him warm (thanks to mave.) he had slept in much tougher spots no issue, regardless. alas, once again he was plagued by nightmares of that beast. not that he cared to voice his sleepless night - he’d rest just fine once he got this curse off of him, after all.
    waking up to find mave had vanished, a pang of dread unexpectedly hit his chest. for an instant he realized how easily she could leave him, if she was so keen. it wasn’t a favorite outcome given he was relying on her to break this curse.
    exiting the room and making his way down the hall, relief crashed over him as he spotted the missing witch sitting by the window. after gathering some food of his own, he moved to greet her. approaching her just in time to noticed the staring contest she was seemingly happening with a cat. mave didn’t seem to have noticed his approach, given her sudden startle “you need to pay better attention to your surroundings.” he retorted grumpily in response to her comment. taking a seat he began to scarf down his food, listening as mave talk about walking down to the port. only glancing up at her cheeky comment, his eyes trailed down to the poster placed in front of him, eyes narrowing in suspicion as he read it over. after a moment he leaned back in his chair. “no doubt we’ll have a more leeway with the theme revolving around a witch, good eye.” he would typically be opposed to attending such an event for obvious reasons, but it seemed luck might just be on their side.
    just as he had finished up and reached the room, the door had flung open and mave exited with an exuberance that contrasted heavily with cyrus’s clear exhaustion. “slow your roll, i can barely keep up.” he grumbled, slipping into the room and shutting the door, he gathered his things at a snails pace - purposefully so. one good thing that came with planning ahead, was that he had managed to buy himself spare clothes during their time in the city. it was essential he keep himself from standing out as much as possible, he was in no mood to try and explain away his tattered clothing to every passerby.

the crowds were indeed far more lively, approaching the port the bombardment of noise and scents were harsh on his senses; storytellers and street performers spanned throughout the port, the scent of rare spices, herbs and unique foods traced the air just as they did the night prior. street venders tents were setup throughout, selling goods and trinkets themed after the festival. shady folks lingered just outside of the alleyways, scanning the crowds for unwary passersby to swindle or pickpocket from. the venders sold books dedicated to evanora, and cyrus couldn’t help but feel a sense of unease. even still, he wasn’t dense enough not to recognize the opportunity set in front of them. “never understood these festivals, celebrating a witch is just going to invite trouble - no offense.” he muttered to mave, picking up one of the books on one of the booths that read ‘origin of witchcraft.’ he ran a hand over the blue leather cover. unfortunately, before he could get a look at its contents the shopkeeper was quite intent to interject. “you touch it, you buy it.” cyrus couldn’t hide his irritation as he begrudgingly payed the man for the overpriced book, and moved along. yet another source of information to add to their collection, hopefully it would yield some use to this curse of his.

continuing down the bustling port, the sketchy parts of the road seemed to become more noticeable with every step. cyrus, of course, was far too focused on his mission to care, the cheery sights and sounds on the ports main roads meant little to him. he had a job and he was intent to focus on it - regardless of the unwilling witch who accompanied him thought, this was no time for exploring. alas, nothing was seeming as useful as he had previously thought it would, despite the theme of a witch.
    the sudden flame igniting from a nearby fire-performer was enough to set him off, flinching from the intensity of the blaze. cyrus instinctively reached for his crossbow tucked into his bag before he got a hold of himself. a growl escaped him and he shook his head with irritation. he couldn’t stand these crowds, these noises were all too overwhelming. lowering his hand to his side. he tried to relax himself. “this is becoming needlessly complex, can we not just get a straight answer and be done with it?” he spat, more to himself than mave. “i can be of assistance.” came an unknown voice from behind. on cue, the curtains in one of the nearby tents drew back. a middle-aged woman with a mess of inky black hair stepped out from inside, giving a small bow with her sudden appearance. “madam hulda, at your service!” cyrus didn’t give her as much as a glance as he began to walk away, dragging mave along with him - it was a fortune teller by the look of it, and he could only assume a scammer to match. “you’ve got him under your spell, don’t you?” hulda spoke up, a mischievous glint in her hazel eyes as she stared over at mave. the hunter froze, releasing the witch and swiveling back to face the woman with suspicion. “how did you know that?” the psychic waved his question aside “hush now, all will be revealed. i can help you both.” in a flash the fortune teller had grabbed hold of them both. despite her short stature, she was surprisingly strong as she pulled the two into her tent. the interior of the tent glittered like the night sky. a pack of tarot cards layed across the table, along with a crystal ball and a few more items typical of a psychic. incense permeated the air and cyrus for one wasn’t a fan of any of it. psychics were a tricky few, not always so truthful. it was a dangerous game they were playing meddling in something he would perceive as ‘witchy.’ his suspicions furthered by how eager she was to sit them down.
    running her hands over the crease in his calloused palm, cyrus tensed with the contact. observing his hands for a moment before she spoke. “hm, a dedicated, hardworking young man, i see—“ “that’s just obvious.” cyrus interjected, quick to voice his skepticism. “frigid, not the best communicator, but well-intentioned. could work on his manners, eh?” the psychic teased, turning to mave with the words. the lady grabbed hold of her hand and turned it over to read her palm. “so much promise, your potential is quite extraordinary - and such a kind heart. like a lovely rose, delicate - but not without it’s hidden thorns.” hulda started, though the hunter again spoke up. “i fail to see how this helps us.” cyrus interrupted, receiving an annoyed look from the psychic as she continued. “you two are an unlikely pair, indeed.” madam hulda commented, sitting back in her seat as she tapped her long nails across the table in thought. “not a senseless contradiction. rather, two opposite halves uniting together in harmony.” cyrus stared at the woman as if she was speaking a different language. she had lost him there, what did any of that have to do with the curse? - he flinched as the palm reader pulled his and mave’s hand together. “though you will continue to face many hardships on your journey, your love for one another is bound to flourish!” cyrus jerked away as if he had touched a hot plate, disgust written all over his red face. “so you are a fraud.” the hunter scoffed, glaring daggers at the woman for daring to assume him and mave a couple. ‘under her spell’ suddenly he realized she had never meant actual magic, she was talking about attraction. rather than consider the feelings of the person he was sitting next to, he was quite intent to point out how very off the mark the psychic was. a beast-like rage swelled to the surface, and a scowl crossed his features, his teeth and nails suddenly seeming pointier. “your predictions are not only wrong. the very notion you would assume i had any semblance of attraction towards something like her is sickening.”
molotov

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

twelve

Postby nervousdog » Wed Feb 15, 2023 2:56 pm

♡♡ mave ━━━
    the witch eagerly made her way down the streets, inhaling the salty ocean air and looking out at the water sparkling under the sun in the distance . the warm sunny weather was perfect for today's festivities . there were flags strung from lamppost to lamppost lining the sidewalk that made the area feel bright and joyful . she watched as street performers juggled odd items and did tricks with great interest . they wouldn't have any information or be of any use, but maybe she could convince cyrus to get a closer look while they search for anything useful . she made a mental note to mention it later and followed the hunter to a covered stand with books stacked all over . she watched the hunter pick up a book and glanced down at the table in front of them, most of the titles were related to various magic related topics . "i think you're too cynical," the witch replied and followed him as they walked away from the vendor . "evanora is said to have brought great peace to these lands and had a tragic love story as well . this festival celebrates her love for the prince that ruled these lands hundreds of years ago and pays respect to evanora herself, of course . she was eventually murdered by a vengeful princess of a neighboring kingdom, but manage to use the last of her magic to create a large tree that gave life to the land, ending the need for the humans of this country to fight one another for resources- or so i've read ." her attention turned back to the lively streets around them . while every sight she saw was a new and awestriking experiencing her travel companion was constantly complaining . "plus, it wouldn't kill you to enjoy something for once, i don't understand how you manage to be so cold all the time . i could never get used to these sights !" her enthusiasm was evident in her tone . she watched as the performer set off a large plume of flames with glee but quickly frowned at cyrus when he jumped, concerned . she noticed the hunter reaching for his weapon and reached out to touch his arm, a part of her was concerned he would cause a ruckus or shift in the middle of the crowd and she wanted to avoid that .

mave spun around quickly when the small woman spoke, startled when she interjected their conversation . madam hulda introduced herself with a bow and the witch glanced up at cyrus to see his reaction before he started to move her down the street with him . "s-spell ?!" she replied with concern as she turned back towards the older woman . the woman then grabbed at the pair causing her to flinch but she was dragged into the fortune teller's tent before she could react . she felt her heart start to pound as she looked around the little room, the strong smell giving her a headache . there was paraphernalia scattered around the room, the warm light of candles giving the place a mysterious vibe . she couldn't sense any actual magic anywhere though, she doubted this woman had any actual skill in the occult . this only made the witch more nervous, what if this phony fortune teller was someone out to get her and cyrus ? she didn't know if she could handle fighting an aggressive hunter a third day in a row . mave watched as the woman read the hunter's hand, the lack of actual skill apparent to the witch . the woman aimlessly traced the lines on the hunter's palm with closed eyes . wearily, she let the fortune teller take her hand when the woman was finished with cyrus's reading . it tickled as the older woman dragged her fingers along her palm, the sensation sending a chill down her spine . mave frowned as the woman prattled on but shortly felt her nerves settle- the phony definitely wasn't some hunter out to get them, but a performer looking to make a few coins . mave yanked her hand out from madam hulda's grasp when she began to speak about love flourishing . "it's not like that !" the witch exclaimed, her face bright red at the fortune teller's accusations . just as she was about to oppose the woman's statements again she was caught of guard by cyrus's sharp words . she whipped around to face him and shot him a nasty glare . "you're have no shame ! you ruined my simple little life and then have continued to be horribly mean from there on- oh !" mave caught sight of his hands, if he didn't calm down he was going to shift and cause a scene .

madam hulda also noticed cyrus's subtle shift in appearance and visibly grew nervous before sputtered out "i- i never meant to offend" the small woman slowly got out of her chair and taking a step away from the pair, the charismatic character she was playing dropped . mave turned back towards the frightened woman and grabbed cyrus's sleeve "don't you dare !" she whispered with a harsh tone, "what if she runs and tells someone" the witch took a step back towards the doorway, blocking it some . she watched madam hulda's face pale, the mischievous glint no longer in her eye . "you t-two aren't h-human" she shifted her gaze from the growing claws on cyrus's hands to look at mave . the witch felt like she was going to puke, the stress of this sudden shift in her day was making her head pound . "you can't say anything about us to anyone !" she blurted out, her voice coming out more firm than she had intended . the older woman looked like a trapped mouse, her expression increasingly concerned as the two trapped her in . "please, do not cause me any harm ! i've gathered much information on my travels, just ask and i will tell you everything i've heard !" the witch raised her eyebrows and glanced at cyrus, she wasn't so sure the phony fortune teller would actually have anything of use after her prior display . she thought for a moment, they had to be careful what they ask from her . they would have to be vague, if she tells authorities anyways then at least they wouldn't suspect dark magic and put them in even hotter water . "we are looking for information on witches" mave stared at the woman, she didn't realize how much the idea of witches truly scared the general public . she knew that her kind were hated of course, but watching the older woman cower in fear at the thought of them not being human caused her to scowl . the reality of her situation left a bitter taste in her mouth . "i've heard of a powerful witch that lives in a swamp about a two days walk from the city . on my way in for the festival i overhead two merchants speaking of her" the woman tripped over her words as she spit them out . with a small glance at the hunter, mave stepped to the side to allow the phony to leave .

mave shortly followed suit and exited the tent and back out on the streets . she was livid with the hunter and her plans to partake in festival activities were unsalvageable . she felt dread wash over her, while she offered to help free him of her mistake they never talked about what would happen afterword . he certainly wouldn't have any use for her once he was back to normal . the way he consistently spoke of her despite needing her caused anxiety to swell in her chest causing her to take in a deep breath . when cyrus joined she instantly snapped at him "how can i trust you to not kill me the moment you are free of the curse ?" she felt tears well up in the corners of her eyes . "you act like you trust me but then you treat me like a disease ! just because i'm a witch doesn't mean i don't have feelings too !" she couldn't help but shout at him, this man has stressed her out beyond return . the commotion caused an older couple to stare as they walked passed, shooting cyrus a glare after seeing mave's teary expression . any onlooker likely thought they were merely having a lover's quarrel and the irony of her telling him not to make a scene despite her making one settled in . she let out an angry huff and turned away from him with her arms crossed . "i suppose we have to trust madam hulda's words- its the only lead with have at the moment ." the witch glanced around before picking a random direction and walking . "well, lets go" she barked and lazily waved her hand in the air, not looking back at the hunter . mave knew that she couldn't go too far without him, she would get horribly lost and she had no money . it did feel good to ignore her arrogant companion for a bit .
nervousdog

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

the hunter // 012.

Postby molotov » Sat Feb 18, 2023 6:27 pm

xxx ≫───➣ 𝐂𝐘𝐑𝐔𝐒
    cyrus more or less disregarded mave’s words, rolling his eyes as she began to speak of evanora. something about a tree and he had zoned out entirely. it hadn’t mattered what the witch had done. in his mind. it still celebrated witchcraft, which in turn encouraged those who practiced it to come out of hiding. magic was dangerous and unstable, the spell of him was a perfect demonstration of that. he wasn’t cynical, merely realistic and not easily awed by silly tricks and light-shows. in truth, he simply felt out of place in the ebullient crowd - like he was doing a disservice the longer he remained unable to do his job.

it took cyrus a moment to register that his teeth were bared in a fanged snarl, further still, to notice his claws had dug into the table. he flinched with mave’s touch, a growl escaping his throat before he snapped out of the anger induced trance. staring at her with slight confusion. his eyes trailed back to the frightened woman, cursing under his breath when he realized he had been the cause. to his dread, he seemed to be roped into the category of ‘not human.’ he couldn’t help but freeze up as he tried to understand where that bout of aggression had come from. while he had a temper, it wasn’t like him to take it out on others to that degree without a reason—certainly not an old psychic. luckily mave seemed to take the reins, it surprised him to say the least, though he was grateful for it all the same. everything went by so fast cyrus barely had time to keep up, only noting the location of the supposed witch that lurked in the swampland - no real evidence but it was something.
    once his features had reverted back to normal he stumbled out of the tent. even still, it appeared he wasn’t done getting an earful. the hunter tensed with her outburst, blue eyes widening with her utterance of ‘witch’ aloud. perhaps if they had been alone he would’ve approached her words more sympathetically. “are you insane? lower your voice.” he hissed, glancing warily at the elderly couple. hesitating once more, he notice the tears that pricked at the corners of her eyes. “we can discuss this later.” his voice had taken on a gentler tone with the observation, not proud of himself for what had just happened. watching her turn away he slackened, guilt inching its way up his features as he began to follow after her.

cyrus remained silent for a long while. granted, he wasn’t sure he’d get a response out of mave even if he tried. their path was dotted with marshes and forests, and the breeze of the sea on the wind. the man-made path had long since faded, along with any sign of civilization to shield them from the dangers lurking in the dark wilderness. at this point into their journey, he needed to clear the air before they proceeded any further. “uh..” he was unsure how to start despite his time to think it through. a part of him wondered if she was still intent to give him the silent treatment, he supposed it was worth a shot all the same. “about what happened back there..” he started, eyes trailing to the backdrop of water, which glittered in the distance from in between the trees and foliage. the sun beginning its departure over the horizon and warming the sky a soft orange which outlined the sea. “i didn’t mean to- i’m not-“ his attempt at saying sorry came out clumsily, tripping over his words even with preparation. granted, trying to apologize without involving the word ‘sorry’ was an increasingly difficult feat. he was stubborn in his efforts to maintain his pride. he let out a soft sigh, trying again. “i acknowledge that what i said was unwarranted. frankly, i don’t know what came over me.” he stated quietly, pausing as a frown crossed his lips. “i don’t typically travel with someone else, let alone-“ he cut himself off, deciding to phrase it differently. “-someone like you.” he corrected, uncertain if that was any better. “you’re odd, like no witch i’ve ever hunted.” he tried to explain sloppily. “but, i won’t kill you - not unless you give me a reason to.” he said with a huff. “what i am more concerned about is keeping you alive. which is going to be an increasingly difficult task - if you continue to proclaim your witchiness in crowded places like that.” he muttered, seeming to disregard his own possible public disruptions that may have arisen if he had transformed.

coming to a stop, he observed the sky and than the clearing, assessing the area as to determine if it would make an adequate campsite. a small stream flowed into the water in the nearby marsh, the sound of running water tranquil in contrast to the port, a few decent sized fish swam about, just below the surface of the clear waters. cyrus couldn’t help but feel relaxed now that they were away from the crowded festival. when he was satisfied he glanced mave’s way. “might be a good stopping point for the night.” strolling over to a bolder sticking out from the ground, he took a seat and dug through his bag a moment. pulling out his flask of water, he offered it to mave. “take a moment to relax, then let’s get to work on building a campfire. i’ll leave you with the sole responsibility of lighting it - so long as you think you can manage without burning the whole forest down.” it was out of pettiness that he still felt intent to make jabs at the witch. “i can catch us some fish for dinner, and we can settle in for the night.” he suggested. struggling to change the topic knowing how unconvincing he must’ve been about not harming her. he certainly didn’t want to have his travel companion spend her days fearing that at any moment he mind turn against her. “-before that, perhaps you’d like to reach a proper agreement to clear the air.” cyrus reasoned with a deep exhale, he met mave’s eyes, suddenly quite earnest. “i swear not to harm you, so long as you remain committed to helping me understand this spell, and how to remove it.” he started, tone serious. “in exchange for breaking my curse, i’ll fulfill a favor for you. anything you want—so long as it’s reasonable.” he extended his hand to her, intending to shake on it. “deal?” he offered an halfhearted smile, looking fairly forced in his efforts to appear friendly. “i’m trying to be nice.”
molotov

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

thirteen

Postby nervousdog » Tue Feb 21, 2023 3:04 pm

♡♡ mave ━━━
    frogs croaked and plunged into the swampy waters as the pair walked by them down the worn path . mave's eyes scanned the area, on their way out of town she overhead talk of monsters lurking about . she's read of monsters in her books, but they were so rare where her home was that she didn't really believe they were real, aside from cyrus . her attention was pulled away from the dead waterlogged trees that covered the area to cyrus as he began to speak . she gave him a blank stare as he tripped over his words before giving him a small frown . while it wasn't exactly the apology she wanted, it was the apology she expected to get from the hunter . "you mispronounced "i'm sorry"" mave replied, finally breaking her vow of silence . the hunter wasnt the greatest when it came to words, but it did seem like it was trying . cringing as cyrus scolded her for her careless outburst at the festival, the witch let out a sigh, "I suppose we both got a bit stressed about the fortune teller ..." she looked away from him, the thought of their awkward palm reading creeping it's way into her head causing her to blush . if cyrus had shifted or if someone was paying attention when she was shouting then it wouldn't been a whole different headache . she was quite disappointed about the turn of events still, hoping to have at least one normal day this week .

she took a deep breath as they came to a halt . the little clearing that cyrus had picked was dry and seemed safe enough . the thick tangle of swamp trees looming in the distance . the witch dropped her bag next to the boulder . she grabbed the flask as it was handed to her and stood holding it as he spoke . "i would just like to point out, that between the two of us it's been you causing all the property damage ." she jabbed back, most of her anger had dissipated on their trek and she was too tired to keep being mad . the mention of dinner sounded appealing to her, considering the fact that they last ate at breakfast time, and nodded as the hunter spoke . mave listened as he proposed a verbal contract between the two of them . she paused for a moment, thinking about what he said . he has proven to be a man of his word so far, and he sounded genuine . "deal ." mave agreed taking his hand giving it a short shake, catching glimpse of cyrus's healing wound . she turned his hand over and looked at the large scab . "i'm not adept at palm readings myself but, i can tell that this is going to leave a scar ." the witch gave him a cheeky smile before releasing his hand and adding "but if you plan on granting me a favor maybe you should choose how you treat me carefully, or i'll figure out something really annoying to ask of you" it was partly a joke, but she also enjoyed the idea of sending cyrus on some petty task that'd waste his time .

mave walked a small circle around the clearing to collect kindling and branches . she'd never slept outside before, her family never had a reason or interest to do any form of camping . she picked up a hefty branch and rested it in the crook of her arm, bringing over her last armful of firewood . after arranging the wood in a neat pile she made a twirling motion with her finger, a small flame sprouting from the center of the kindling smoothly . it had been a couple days since she had last used magic and her mana felt replenished . the fire ate away at the leaves and small twigs, engulfing the pile . satisfied with her work, mave moved to where cyrus was and observed his progress in catching them dinner . "i haven't had any food since this morning, let's go put these on the fire !" she grabbed the fish he had managed to catch and brought them over to the fire and prepping them quickly . she drove a stick through them and shoved them into the dirt . with the fish angled towards the fire and cooking the witch sat down with her back leaning against the large boulder . "do you do this often ?" maved asked after a bit, flipping the fish so the other side would cook evenly and looking over at cyrus and adding "sleeping outside, i mean ." she wondered how far he's traveled, how many places he's been . she was sure it was a lot, considering his job . flipping the fish once more she pulled them away from the fire and handed one to cyrus . peeling the toasted fishbones out, mave took a bite of her under seasoned meal . staying at those inns spoiled her . she looked out at the thicket of grey trees, the swampy foliage growing more eerie as the sky turned orange . A frog could be heard splashing into a puddle, causing mave to spook "i've never slept in the middle of nowhere, out in the open" she looked towards the hunter and gave him a worried look before adding "i've overheard that there are monsters around the witch's swamp . you don't think they'll venture out over here, do you ?" she took another bite of her fish, finishing it and tossing what was left into the fire . monsters weren't the only thing that they would have to worry about though, there was also the witch . the reason they were camping on the edge of this swamp and the reason they'll have to venture into the monster riddled thing to find her . mave didn't even know if this witch would help them out . cyrus spoke so coldly of other witches, but the her parent's were always so kind . surely they weren't the exception to the rule ? mave let out a heavy sigh, her nerves on edge . "i hope our sleep is as uneventful as it was when we were staying at the inns ." she pulled her knees to her chest and wrapped her cloak around them . "i- you don't think we'll end up having to kill the witch ?" she looked over at the hunter "i've never met another witch before, aside from my parents ."
nervousdog

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

the hunter // 013.

Postby molotov » Fri Feb 24, 2023 3:59 pm

xxx ≫───➣ 𝐂𝐘𝐑𝐔𝐒
    fortunately, his handshake was accepted - he could only assume it meant he was forgiven. there was momentary relief that flooded over cyrus, before the witch cheekily pointed out his injury. cyrus stared down at the nasty scab across his hand with little interest, a frown resting back across his lips. he had almost forgotten about the injury, luckily it seemed to be healing which was all that mattered. what it left behind didn’t mean much to him by this point in his career. “perfect, more to add to my collection.” he grumbled, closing his palm. he glanced up at her as she continued to warn against mistreating her. the thought of being tasked with something irksome—it was enough to convince him to take a softer approach in the future. though he stubbornly acted as if he was unbothered by the thought. “so long as it isn’t another festival, i can take it.”

as they prepared to eat, cyrus found himself surprised by the sudden question. he supposed he still had to adjust to this new company of his. when it came to sleeping in the outdoors, that was a simple enough answer. “yep, most nights.” he responded plainly. “inns are a safer bet with you around, but personally, i have always felt more at peace underneath the stars - the farther away from people the better.” being handed the fish, cyrus removed the bone and took a bite hungrily. noting mave’s jumpiness over the small splash, it was rather apparent that she wasn’t as comfortable as him out here. “i wouldn’t worry to much. beasts tend to gravitate towards dark and dense environments for a reason. they don’t do well with light, i have found fire in particular hampers their vision and frightens them off.” he reassured, taking another bite as he scanned the backdrop of swampland ahead. trees silhouetted in the firelight, their shadows danced in the glow ominously. the sounds of crickets and toads beginning their nightly songs, the hoot of an owl ringing out every so often. “besides, i’ve been doing this for years. it wouldn’t be the first time i’ve killed a monster who thought it could make a meal out of me. nothings sneaking up on us.” in that moment, he became aware of their proximity. his brain jumping back to what the fortune teller had assumed of them. it was embarrassing, more so when he took into account his reaction to the whole thing. the thought of moving away crossed his mind, though he realized how evident it would be if he tried. given her cloak was now draped across both of them. he shook the thought aside before the heat of embarrassment could rise to his cheeks. luckily he was offered a distraction in the form of another question. “most witches aren’t as tolerable as you, i’m afraid.” cyrus mumbled, avoiding eye contact with the hint of a complement he had presented to her. “given this witch is our closest thing to an answer, i’m aware that i’ll need to show some restraint.” he stated with a brief pause. “as to whether or not we will need to kill her, that depends..” he mused, blue eyes growing thoughtful as he glanced at the fire, squinting with the harsh light, the flame crackled gently. “most witches keep to isolated areas, you can usually get a read on their temperament based off the location of their lairs. odds are she’s just as hostile as the environment she has chosen to surround herself in, at the very least she won’t be fond of company.” he reasoned, continuing to think it over. “my presence won’t make things any less easier for us. if there is a chance she’s willing to talk, it’s going to be with you.” he turned to the witch. “just try not to curse her into a beast like you did me and we should be fine.” there was a teasing hint to his voice, in an attempt to end the topic on a lighter note, offering a reassuring smile. even if he was expecting the worst, he didn’t want to be responsible for making her lose sleep over it.

it occurred to him that mave could easily turn on him with the aid of another witch, if she was so keen. it pushed him to continue their conversation, albeit with the need to change the topic. he didn’t want to worry her with the possibility that things might not go as planned with the witch. his smile faded as he tossed the remnants of the fish into the fire. “you mentioned that your parents passed when you were young, you’ve been on your own ever since?” he asked without thinking, diverting his gaze once more as it slipped from his mouth. “i know it can be hard—losing your parents, i mean.” his attempts to relate came out a bit clumsily, but it was all in the effort to lower the chances of the atmosphere becoming tense. “mine died in a fire when i was young.” it felt weird opening up to a stranger about the topic of his parents - and so bluntly. not because it bothered him, he merely wasn’t use to speaking about himself, much less his past. “i’ve been fortunate enough to have my grandfather, and my younger siblings for support.” he explained, shaking his head. “-but going about it all alone, that couldn’t have been easy.” he poked the wood in the fire with a stray stick, squinting as he watched the flames eat away at the feeble twig and lash at the darkening sky above. “hm?” the sound of underbrush being moved caught cyrus’s attention. “-what could that be?” he listened carefully, letting his eyes drift to the shadows he scanned the area. the harsh glare of the fire impeded on his ability to see, until the figure came into view. “oh no, look out mave - a monster.” the hunter warned in mock horror. on cue, a harmless deer hopped out from the thicket. trotting into the clearing. it paused a moment to glance their way before it disappeared back into the darkness.
molotov

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

fourteen

Postby nervousdog » Sun Feb 26, 2023 4:17 pm

♡♡ mave ━━━
    mave looked over at cyrus, watching the orange glow flicker across his face as he spoke . she wondered if the fire also affected him because of the curse . night had finally fallen upon them and with the stars came a chill . the fire kept most of the chill away but the occasional gust of wind would come through, giving her goosebumps . she pulled her cloak tighter around her shoulders before giving cyrus a quick glance . with how often they had to pack up and leave town they packed very light . she let out a small sigh and opened up her cloak, silently offering the hunter half of it . as cyrus talked about hunting monsters mave wondered about the kind of stories he had . she assumed there were plenty of tales . the witch found herself curious about what made him into the callous man he is today . "all of this has me so stressed," she tilted her head back and rested it against the boulder as she spoke, "i don't know how you make a living doing this ." she rolled her head to face the hunter when he began to tease her and gave him a halfhearted glare before rolling her eyes and looking back out at the swamp . despite the hunter's words of reassurance mave couldn't help but feel uneasy anyways . she was caught off guard at cyrus's next comment, turning to look at him again . she stared for a moment, it felt odd to have him ask about her past . she didn't think he would ever be interested in her backstory, but it occurred to her that she never gave much thought to his past either . "o-oh ..." she stuttered, thinking for the right words to say . she felt her face flush, and she looked away to stare at the fire . "while i was twelve my dad had left to go on an errand and never came back, after a few days my mom went out to find him saying they would be back soon," she pulled her knees to her chest and rested her chin there "so i just waited for them . i often fed the wild animals around my home so they became quite friendly with me .. a few years later i overheard some town folk talking about it, and that's when i found out that they were murdered .." she sniffled and looked up and cyrus as he spoke . confiding in each other was not something she imagined happing "i'm sorry about your parents- you must be close to the rest of your family, i'm sure ."

the sound of something rustling in the bushes made mave's hair stand on end . her eyes darted around, looking from tree to tree before spotting movement . the moment the deer broke through the bushes mave let out a shriek, bumping into cyrus and grabbing his arm . she kept her eyes squeezed shut until she heard the hunter's mocking tone and opened one eye, seeing the deer as it hopped away . she flushed bright red, immediately putting a few inches of space between them again . "you're not funny, i hope you know !" she huffed and wacked him in the chest with the back of her hand . she crossed her arms and looked away from him, her face still hot from embarrassment . she gave the forest one more uneasy look and turned to cyrus, "you have to promise not to let any monsters eat me- okay ?" the witch stuck her pinky out, waiting for him to take it with his own . mave pulled her side of the cloak closer against her . her eyelids felt heavy as she watched the fire lick at the sky . she yawned, covering her mouth with her hand as she did . they hadn't discussed what they would do when it came time to sleeping out here . she didn't particularly want to lay her head on the ground, but also wasn't sure they should continue to sit and share her cloak due to the awkwardness of it all . it was a little too cold to sleep without a covering out here though, and she was conflicted on if she wanted to move away from him or not . she didn't get much more chance to think on it, however, as her long day had finally caught up to her and she drifted off to sleep . despite their earlier spat, mave found herself a bit thankful to have him with her in this unknown territory .

when the sun rose mave stirred, opening her eyes and blinking a couple of times . she instinctively put her hands above her head, stretching . she then realized that she had been resting her head on cyrus's shoulder . she didn't remember falling asleep and inwardly cringed, hoping that he hadn't noticed . she shrugged her cloak off of her shoulder and stood, dusting her dress off as she did . "we didn't really prepare for having breakfast, so i suppose we should get ready to head into to the swamp," giving the hunter a hesitant look she glanced towards the twisted waterlogged trees, "the dangerous, monter-infested swamp ..." she sighed, she knew it was important to making a step forward in breaking the curse but it put her nerves on end . "i'll go clean up in the river and then gather my belongings ." mave then quickly turned a corner into an isolated part of the little river to rinse off, switching her dress with a fresh one from her bag . she neatly folded the used dress and tucked it into her bag . she quickly returned to cyrus at their campsite, nervous to be alone in this area . once ready she followed cyrus into the swamp, the task of finding the witch's hut was going to be difficult in this twisting maze of loaming trees . "i-i think i can be useful in this situation" the witch said, mildly hesitant giving her skill's reputation . "i can sense magic, and the closer it is the stronger the aura feels" it wasn't a talent that ever had a practical use, but was just something she was used to in her day to day life . she was all but tiptoeing as they moved through the marshy landscape . after what felt like an exceedingly long time mave felt a shift in their surroundings . "oh cyrus !" she grabbed his sleeve so he would stop with her and continued "i think she's close by ! i can sense magic close by !" she lead the way as they wandered for a bit longer before stumbling across a large black cat. it was casually sleeping in the middle of the path, blocking their way . the witch felt a chill run down her spine as her face paled . cats always had something about them that just felt off to her, like they were imps in disguise . the cat stirred, rolling over and stretching . it looked over at the unlikely duo and blinked at them, a surprisingly expressive look of apathy on its face . it flicked its tailed before turning and trotting down the damp path . "t-that must be the witch's f-familiar-" mave hesitated as the cat continued on, not concerned if they were following or not . "i guess we have to follow it ..." the witch let out a shaky before moving along, trailing the cat . it wasn't long before the pair made it to the witch's home . in the thicket of tree's was a cabin built on stilts, high above the boggy swamp . the cat gracefully climbed a tree, crawling across a branch and jumping through the shack's window .
nervousdog

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me