1x1 with Alpha*

If you only want to roleplay with one other person, or only with certain people, then you can do so here (any genre).
Forum rules
Remember, all content must remain child-friendly at all times!
Users breaking this rule by using foul language, roleplaying explicit sexual scenes, excessive violence/torture, non-consensual 'romance', or other adult themes may be banned.

Re: 1x1 with Alpha*

Postby SilentMelody » Sat May 21, 2022 10:54 am

Ebonysong waits for her reply, and when it's comes it's almost softer than he can hear. He listens to her story and nods along, his eyes widening in shock. All the while, there's still a rumbling in his chest as he purrs. "Oh Starclan... I'm so sorry. I never knew that Barestar could be so cruel. Mossblossom, none of that was your fault," he sympathizes and continues licking her back, although her fur is slightly ruffled.

"Well... I suppose... I mean, if you really enjoy being around kits, I guess it's something good to do for the clan. Rather than being in the elders' den," he replies hesitantly. Does that sound too rude? Ebonysong isn't sure about what he should say -- especially about the milk production. He doesn't know a thing about she-cats, and he doesn't think he should ask any further. Would it be polite? He only hopes that she'll accept his sympathies and his understanding.

Finally, he nods with a small smile and glances at the kits. "That's good. I would think that they would occupy your whole heart."

---

Pebbleriver offers a little, polite smile to the deputy. "I believe he did kill those owls. I didn't see it myself, but with the wounds that he has, it seems to me that he did indeed," she murmurs with a nod. The dark gray she-cat casts her gaze at the silver cat in her nest before she returns her eyes to the deputy in front of her. She lets out a purr of amusement and gratitude. However, she's overall glad that he would offer his help to her. "I appreciate that, Sparrowclaw. I'll let you know if anything comes up. Right now, it's just hard to make sense of anything this loner has said."

She's surprised by his words, although she tries her best to hide her shock. Sparrowclaw is usually very loyal, especially being the clan's deputy, yet he's speaking against Barestar. For a moment, Pebbleriver wonders if this is a plot or a scheme to overthrow the current leader... but that wouldn't be possible, right? "I think you're right. It seems to me that this silver cat was sent out on a mission by Barestar. From what Ebonysong and the loner have said."

Pebbleriver inhales deeply and shakes her head. She feels a sudden sense of frustration and resolve. "By Starclan, I'm not going to let this cat die. I'll do everything in my mortal power to keep him alive with my skills and my herbs. But Sparrowclaw... do you think he's going to die? And... what would happen if this cat dies? Don't you think that... that he might be the one to bring a change to this clan?"
SilentMelody

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Alpha* » Sat May 21, 2022 5:03 pm

"I'm sure," she begins - trying to convince herself as much as him, "I'm sure that BareStar is trying to protect the clan." Her paw is laid haphazardly against his mouth, and her voice lowers a half octive, "Not be cruel." The shecat hates defending him. Hates it. "It's not my fault, you're right. " is agreed upon uneasily. Her paw is removed - slowly. She's afraid that he would be punished for the words he has spoken. "You must be careful EbonySong. You have to be. Words like that... it isn't safe." Is said into one of his ears, her heartbeat betraying her panic.

Then he's smiling; speaking about her heart. Yes the kits do fill a substantial part of her heart, but not all of it. She wants a mate. Wants to have friends and be loved. But what cat would have her as their mate? She's defective. MossBlossom offers her own warm smile, even as she mentally berates herself for wanting more. "That they do." Is agreed.

--

SparrowClaw nods solemnly, his yellow eyes flashing at the medicine cat. "I've never doubted your skills or your word. Or you. " states the hulking cat after a pause;

"He is very injured. " his tail folds over his paws. "And far too thin for even a rouge. I think that the forest is stacked against him... and only StarClan would know If he should survive. Healthier cats than this kit have died from wounds less severe."

But then she's asking him if he thinks this silver tuft of fur is going to change the clan. His mouth opens and closes a few times, like a fish out of water, then.. then he stands up, leans close to her and whispers something he's been forbidden to share. "BareStar was warned he was coming, to change his ways..." Does she know that? Before he'd said so? "And... how could this kit not change the clan? His fighting skills must be better than my own to kill two owls." Is spoken as he shuffles away to appear like he hadn't spilled a secret.

--

An apprentice comes racing into the den, fur fluffed against the cold. "PebbleRiver! PebbleRiver! Come quick! FoxMoon says she's kitting!" Says the tabby apprentice, his sudden entrance and stop sprays the sleeping cat with a drift of snow.

Thanks to all those in any kind of uniform and to those who have been in uniform.
✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»
Sadly i have a life outside CS with a job...and other things[color=#00BFFF]”
✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»✰»[/color]

(this was a Birthday Presant from Accio Donut :p and no, i don't own the picture) )
Alpha*

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SilentMelody » Wed May 25, 2022 9:25 am

Ebonysong's heart stills as she presses a paw against his mouth, and he blinks at her. But she's right... to say such words about Barestar would be blasphemous and ludicrous, especially if he heard. "You're right," he repeats his thoughts aloud. "I shouldn't say such things." The words are a whisper matching the volume of Mossblossom and he flicks an ear.

But now they're past the subject, and she's smiling warmly at him. Ebonysong's heart starts to beat faster... and why? Why does he feel this way suddenly? He offers a smile of his own, although he's nervous and it wavers slightly.

---

Pebbleriver blinks gratefully at the deputy and nods that she acknowledges his words. However, his next statements chill her bones and she can't help but shudder. "I suppose I've seen worse and I've also seen better. This cat is now in Starclan's paws, if they accept him, that is. All I can do here, in the physical realm, is to treat him with herbs."

Suddenly, there's tension in the air as Sparrowclaw whispers in her ear. At his words, Pebbleriver shudders again. She hadn't known such a secret, but she had suspected. Why else would Barestar have supposedly asked this cat to go on a mission? The wise medicine cat opens her mouth to agree with him, but she's interrupted by a sudden wave of snow smacking the loner. Before she can snarl at the apprentice and sweep the snow off, she stills at the news of Foxmoon starting to kit.

"Oh, Starclan," she breathes out. Her demeanor suddenly changes as she grabs a bundle of withered herbs and a long, thick stick. "Out of my way, out of my way! Unless you're planning to make yourself useful!" Pebbleriver hisses at everyone in the den and hurries past them. She sprints to the nursery and bursts in.

Shooing Ebonysong out, only the queens and kits are left. "Now then Foxmoon, how are you feeling?" she suddenly coos and settles down next to the queen. The medicine cat places a gentle paw on her abdomen, sensing the kits moving around.

---

Ebonysong doesn't have time to say anything else, now that there's commotion in the nursery. Foxmoon has begun kitting and yelled for one of the apprentices to fetch Pebbleriver. As soon as the medicine cat arrive, she shooed him out... rather harshly, in his opinion. But he could say nothing against her. "I'll see you later, Mossblossom," Ebonysong murmurs softly and slips out of the nursery. The falling snow is immediate, and he misses the warmth of the she-cat curled up beside him.
SilentMelody

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Alpha* » Thu May 26, 2022 1:05 pm

She'd licked his ear and cheek in affection; but then FoxMoon is awake and yowling and suddenly he is pushed out of her nest and she shutters at the chill. "See you." With a sigh she lays her head on her tail and closes her eyes. It was nice to have company, to share tongues. Why did FoxMoon have to ruin everything?

FoxMoon yowls loudly again, rather than answer. She'd come back to the nursery and taken the majority of the feathers from the other queen - who in her opinion was less deserving- and gone to sleep. On most nights she would have stayed with her mate, and even she doesn't know what reason there was for not staying. She'd ended up falling asleep. That is until the most horrible pain she'd ever felt ripped through her.

/ts/

There are four dead kits at the edge of her nest, four little girl kits of varying color. And there are two large male kits - much larger than their sisters - in her nest, still living. Both gray. She's exhausted. "How could you let my kits die PebbleRiver? Some medicinecat YOU are!! " Is snarled at the medicine cat, "get out!" The leader had disappeared into the forest long before his mate had begun kitting and isn't back yet. "Get out!" But though she wants to she hasn't the will to strike the medicine cat. Instead, she strikes her nest mate, the other queen, MossBlossom who had come to help- whod been drying the living kits, and murmering encouragrment.

Its FoxMoon's first litter, she'd lost so many kits. Would her mate blame her? But it isn't her fault! The new queen dissolves into tears, her living kits close to her belly, under her tail. Soon, she's asleep.

The clawless she-cat rises from her nest to help the medicine cat, sometime after the first kit had arrived, but before the others - she had murmured encouragement and pushed needed herbs closer to PebbleRiver, trading out dirty moss and feathers for clean and dry bedding, and drying the kits. She hadn't done anything wrong when the other queen had struck her - claws tearing ragged stripes down her cheek and jaw. "oh!" She gasps, pulling back before tears leave her eyes. "Its not your fault PebbleRiver. Really. Your StarClan wanted them back is all." MossBlossom retreats to her nest, curling around the kits and laying her tail over them. Luckily they still sleep.

---

The deputy had stayed, brushing the snow off the loner who never stirred and then watching him.

Thanks to all those in any kind of uniform and to those who have been in uniform.

(this was a Birthday Presant from Accio Donut :p and no, i don't own the picture) )
Alpha*

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SilentMelody » Tue May 31, 2022 11:09 am

Pebbleriver stays at the queen's side, reassuring her through the pain. It's too late to give her any poppy seeds, and it's likely that she may have run out of her supply. Despite this, she chews borage and burnet into a pulp. Once the mash of bitter leaves in soft enough, she coaxes it into Foxmoon's mouth. For more strength through the labor and for enough milk for her kits.

When the kits are born, she works hard at licking them and watching their first inhales. Pebbleriver glances over at the other queen, Mossblossom, who is also licking fervently at the little kits.

However, only two of the kits take their first breaths -- the brothers. The other four girls lay limply by their mother. Never to open their eyes. Tears well in Pebbleriver's eyes, emotion overcoming her. "Foxmoon, I'm so sor-" her apology is cut off when the queen snarls at her. The dark gray she-cat starts to turn from the nursery.

Before she can leave, a different voice causes her to pause. The tears from Pebbleriver's green eyes have fallen as she looks back at Mossblossom, seeing fresh, deep scratches on the other she-cat's face. "I suppose so. Come visit me in my den later and I'll treat your wounds," she whispers to the hurt queen and glances worriedly at Foxmoon. It wouldn't be wise to disturb her after all of that trauma.

As Pebbleriver walks away, she can hear the soft cries of the distraught queen. Her heart aches with sympathy, twisting viciously in her chest. Although she will never have kits herself, she can only imagine the pain that Foxmoon is going through. She enters the medicine cat den, slightly surprised to see that Sparrowclaw had stayed the whole time.

She sniffles as she sits and swipes away her tears, hoping that he hadn't seen. "Not a good birth, I'm afraid."

---

Ebonysong had sat outside the nursery the whole time, nervous. He wished he could go back to Mossblossom and console her, but his fear of Foxmoon ran deeper. Instead, he shuffled his front paws awkwardly and glanced around the clearing.
SilentMelody

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Alpha* » Fri Jun 03, 2022 7:04 am

SparrowClaw is quietly brushing the snow from the pelt of the tiny silver he-cat; he had just finished cleaning the snow out of the medicine cat den when PebbleRiver returns.

She's crying. Saying it hadn't been a good birthing.

The deputy is quiet a moment before cautiously reaching out a paw and placing it on hers in comfort. "I'm here if you need to talk. If not now than later." Is said in an undertone. Then he says, "I'm going out to hunt while the storm is gone. " but he doesn't move to leave.

--
FoxMoon finishes crying sometime later and falls asleep.

MossBlossom had laid very, very still until she's certain that the other is gone, then, kits warm, she rises from the nest. Carefully she exits the den, her face marred and covered in drying or dried blood, intending to go to the medicine cats den. "EbonySong? What's the matter?" She asks, her pain forgotten. "It's so cold out. Are you alright? Have you waited long?"

--

Fallen snores softly.

Alpha*

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SilentMelody » Fri Jun 03, 2022 10:03 am

Pebbleriver blinks through her tears, which are slowly fading. She glances down to see that he's placed a paw on hers and she offers a small smile to let him know that she's grateful. "Thank you, Sparrowclaw. I really appreciate it," she murmurs softly and looks up to find his gaze is already on her. He hasn't moved to leave, and he hasn't removed his paw from hers.

She inhales a deep breath, and all of it suddenly comes out. "I feel so much grief for Foxmoon. I said it wasn't a good birth... but in truth, it was terrible. She had six kits, but only two of them survived. The little girls passed away... they never even drew a breath. But the brothers! I'm not sure what to make of it... they were the only ones to survive, and they're the same gray color."

Pebbleriver glances over at the loner, but he's fast asleep and snoring softly. Most likely, he's not hearing anything from their conversation.

---

Ebonysong hadn't realized how long he had been waiting. At least, not until Mossblossom emerges from the nursery. He gasps at the sight of her, the calico fur marked with dried blood and fresh scratches violently slashed on her face. "Oh, Mossblossom! Are you okay? What happened to you?" he asked. For the moment, he forgot to answer all of her questions. All he cared about was helping her, and she needed to be treated.

"Why don't I take you to the medicine cat's den?" he offers softly. His paws have gone numb in the snow and the thought of a warm den brings him slight relief.
SilentMelody

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Alpha* » Tue Jun 07, 2022 2:53 pm

SparrowClaw hums at the words she speaks; "its not your fault. " is said slowly, "StarClan has a plan we don't always understand. And besides, neither parent of those kits is very... parentish. " He blinks, purposefully not removing his paw from hers - "you did everything you could have done. Maybe it's a sign, maybe it's the season - leaf bare is always harsh." He follows her gaze to the loner for a moment, "youre a great medicine cat PebbleRiver. " He exhales, knowing that he's probably overstepping, unable to stop himself. "How could the clan even tend six more kits when food is so scarce? No, it's not your fault. "

He timidly licks her ears. "Get some rest my friend. Dawn will come soon."

--

Her breath is shaking; "I just came out to use dirt place." Is explained softly, casting a thought towards the nursery, "FoxMoon... she was upset. Four of her kits died, never lived. I get it, it's taboo to hurt the medicine cat, and I'm not a medicine cat. I'm alright," her face hurts, just as much as her heart.

The she-cat offers a thin smile, and spots the returning BareStar. "You'd better get to your nest." Is whispered, visibly folding into herself- "it's alright. PebbleRiver is probably busy, and exhausted. I'll see her tomorrow. "

--

BareStar is entering camp when he smells blood, and at first glance it isn't the so-called warrior queen, instead it is his mates. His expression goes stoney and the brown eyed tomcat shoves past the pair of cats, hissing a, "you're neglecting your duties MossBlossom. Don't you have a nest to get to EbonySong? This isn't resting!" With that he pushes into the nursery.

Alpha*

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SilentMelody » Sun Jun 12, 2022 7:17 am

Pebbleriver sighs softly, his words filling her with slight relief. But she can't help but continue to feel a pit opening up in the bottom of her stomach. She can't manage to reply to anything he's saying out of fear that she'll make herself sick. That would be embarrassing. Her ears feels hot as he licks them, and she lets out a soft purr of gratitude. Although she wishes he would stay longer, she knows that the both of them have duties to take care of in the morning. She tentatively presses her nose to his cheek. "Thank you, Sparrowclaw. I really appreciate your help and your time. Sleep well," Pebbleriver murmurs and bids him farewell.

She turns away and gathers a meager amount of feathers and moss for a second nest. The dark gray she-cat casts a glance at the loner before she curls up in the nest and closes her eyes, willing herself to sleep.

---

Ebonysong's gaze softens, and he licks her shoulder softly and soothingly. "I'm so sorry that happened, Mossblossom. Still... that's not okay for her to do that," he says. However, he doesn't have anymore time to argue because the she-cat has her attention somewhere else, and when he looks he sees Barestar approaching them. Awkwardly, he steps back from Mossblossom. Ebonysong casts one last glance to the queen and whispers a reply, "Okay, promise me you'll see her tomorrow?"

He doesn't get the chance to hear her promise. Barestar is already storming past them, hissing and spitting. "Yes sir," Ebonysong murmurs simply and meekly. He dips his head to the leader, who's already slipped into the nursery. He gives one last glance to Mossblossom and offers a small smile, then turning away to head to the warriors' den.

---

Foxmoon was restlessly dozing, if one could really call it that. Her heart jolted her awake when she heard a familiar yet terrifying voice from outside. She slowly opens her eyes and meets the cold, brown eyes of her mate deeply staring at her. "Oh! Barestar, my dear! So wonderful that you've returned now. I've... well, I've given birth, um, to our kits," she announces.

Her voice falters when she casts her gaze to the kits at her belly. Only the two of them are moving and... her heart wrenches at the sight of the four kits. Grief wells in her throat. Why hasn't anyone taken these kits away from her? Foxmoon doesn't want to see the little unmoving girls anymore, and she certainly did not want Barestar to see her failure. This was only their first litter, and she knows that she's greatly let him down. She winces and waits in anticipation for his wrath.
SilentMelody

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Alpha* » Mon Jun 20, 2022 4:40 pm

The deputy nods his head before walking from the den, leaving a few more tufts of his spotted pelt behind again; he doesn't complain that things are small for him, as it keeps the clan safer. SparrowClaw, heads into the forest to hunt.

--

BareStar pushes the dead kits away from their nest and into MossBlossoms nest. "Though you failed I still love you. " Is said softly, nuzzling his mate before lying down. "Besides, FoxMoon, it isn't your fault. " is coaxed, locking his eyes on the living kits, "You've given me two sons. What more could the clan need than two young, fine future warriors? The others were weak! They would not have been good for the clan. Rest." He begins to groom his mate.

--

MossBlossom smiles softly at the receding back of EbonySong; she then turns from him, going to dirt place and then she sits in the cold clearing until the voices in the nursery are gone to soft snores. Finally the queen enters the nursery and gasps at the dead kits in her nest. They... they had thrown them away!? Upset, she decides to name and bury them, so she gathers them and heads back into the storm. Was StarClan watching? Having dug a hole she mutters, "I'll name you Beekit, and Fogkit, " is stated to two of them, "and you'll be Sandkit and Turtlekit." Her breath shutters, "my mate, Fang, will keep you safe. He will love you, just as I do little ones. " Is whispered, "I'll miss you. " Quietly she covers the kits and then heads to her nest. She's just in time as the other three start to stir, hungry and cold. Curling around them she falls asleep.

--

Fallen doesn't know when he'd dragged the nest he'd been in to around the medicine cat - who somehow he thinks is shivering in her meager nest. Neither does he remember curling around her and falling asleep again.

---- °●° ----

Morning comes in silence; the storm has ended and the clouds have disbursed and the sun is shining brightly on the snow, though its still desperately cold. SparrowClaw rises with the sun and stretches - he gathers the dawn patrol and they set out. Another group goes hunting- though the deputy had brought quite a few kills (birds mostly) into the camp during the night.

MossBlossom raises her head from where she sleeps... and grooms the dried mud from her paws. She'd heard BareStar declare that his own kits - hers now!- were not worthy of the Clan. Would he punish her for burying the kits?

BareStar wakens after she's done grooming and leaves his mate; for strong kits he has to feed her. He pauses, glowering at the other queen with vile orange eyes, knowing she'd buried his kits - and being angry for it. They should have been left in the forest ... Climbing to high rock he then sits and grooms himself, he'd announce the birth of his sons - whom he has decided to name Cliffkit and Ledgekit, at sun high.

MossBlossom slips from the den - warm from two extra bodies (of the leader and his mate) and sits outside, lapping at the snow for the moisture. SHE isn't allowed to leave camp...

--

Fallen opens his blue eyes; Where is he ? Who is she? Still, he remains absolutely still, hearts thundering against his ribs until he forces himself to breathe.

Alpha*

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me