1X1 with blu

If you only want to roleplay with one other person, or only with certain people, then you can do so here (any genre).
Forum rules
Remember, all content must remain child-friendly at all times!
Users breaking this rule by using foul language, roleplaying explicit sexual scenes, excessive violence/torture, non-consensual 'romance', or other adult themes may be banned.

1X1 with blu

Postby lynettetan1 » Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:46 pm

Before legends are made, they must first struggle to breathe...

This rp is something of a side story prequel to this one, it's a short story esque one shot between lynettetan1 and blumenkraz. Feel free to read if you're interested!
lynettetan1

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: 1X1 with lynettetan1 and blu

Postby lynettetan1 » Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:47 pm

Rune Tzorfeld
18 years old~Church~confused, aimless, angsty

Deep within the forests on the outskirts of Presh, under the waning light of the evening sun, Rune shifted soundlessly in the forage, trying to get a better look. Millions of people stood rigidly in the forest, all clothed in the Church's militant uniforms, wielding armour and weapons.

Given that Stensia was ruled by vampires, it was already rare enough to see the occasional traveller from the Church, let alone this many, or this far from the main castles. As she'd shifted closer, she caught the sight of scales, and everything clicked into place. Dragons were not uncommon in Stensia, but generally viewed humans as ants under their feet, leaving you alone as long as you stayed out the way.

Alarm bells sounding, she'd started to back away. If a fight broke out here, no one in the vicinity would be safe. Judging from the tension in the air, the further away she got, the better.

But then the dragon huffed, and she found slitted eyes staring at her, slicing her to the spot. She couldn't move, couldn't speak, couldn't breathe.

Someone was saying something. She couldn't hear them.

Her skin burned, prickled as her bones and joints ached and rattled, pulling themselves out their sockets. She could've sworn someone was reaching in her throat and tearing her from the inside, like someone was pouring hot liquid down her throat, taking her apart piece by piece. Her head throbbed, her teeth cutting her lips. Rune could vaguely taste iron. She distantly heard the sound of a mangled scream, or was it a roar? Tears blurred her eyes, but she tried to look around, to reach for the people in white, the dragon, anyone.

"Please..." She tried to mutter, but she couldn't hear herself. "Make it stop."

But they did not say anything, and Rune continued to burn.

Rune got up with a jolt, a high pitched screech skittering out of her as she looked around frantically. She was in a small room made of marble, the white of the walls disorienting and expansive. Where was she? Was she going insane?

"Tzorfeld!" Someone was calling her, someone from far away. Rune looked from side to side, wondering if there was a window or something. However, the walls were all the same blank colour, reminding her vaguely of a containment room. It was only when she looked down that she saw the same church uniform, next to what only looked like the green scaled limb of a dragon. The man poked said foot, and Rune yelped indignantly, only to pause. That hurt.

Sudden flashes of memory. Her moving around in panic, letting out a loud wail. The dragon pinning her down, pushing her face to the soil in disdain. Someone telling her that her life was forever changed, speaking of choices though it was clear she didn't have one at all.

The room wasn't small. She was big.

Rune lifted her head, hissing when it burned her nose. Curiously, she stared at something glowing in the walls. Magic?

Were they planning on keeping her in here forever? Panic surged through her body, her spines arching up in alarm. She remembered them telling her that they would teach her how to control her powers, but what if they'd decided not to? No, if they didn't want to help her anymore, they would have just killed her whilst she'd been passed out. But if so, why was she in here? Through all those emotions, there was a surprising bout of of anger.

Do they think something like this can hold me? Rune paused for a second at that thought, blinking. Why did she think she could? It wasn't as if there was anyone talking in her head, or that feeling with the dragon before where she'd felt like something was holding her down. It was none of that, yet when she looked at the walls, and the magic insignias on them, somehow she believed that if she ran into them hard enough, they would not hold.

Was this an after effect of being a beast? Or perhaps it was a real assessment of her power? They said she had to help her do things for the Church in return, but she could go back after, right? But would her family even recognise her? She turned back toward the man, but he was gone, only a plate of food left where he had been just moments before.

A sting of irritation flowed through Rune's body at that behaviour, and this new part of her, wanted to throw herself against the wall, cause some damage till they came back and fixed whatever it was that they broke, or at least gave her some answers.

As she was contemplating that, however, the scent of the food entered into her thoughts, and she let out a huff, sitting awkwardly as she tried to move limbs she'd never had before. She supposed she could grab a bite first.
lynettetan1

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: 1X1 with blu

Postby Blumenkranz » Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:28 am

Calypso Argentum // 16 years old // Dragon: Valkor // Feeling: Cautious // Tags: Rune

Calypso was walking through the church hallways, deep in thought.

The church had thrust a new job onto her. This wasn’t the first time that the church has given her a job or mission with little warning, and normally she didn’t mind it. As a dragon rider in training, it was her duty to do anything she could to help Innistrad, and so she was more than happy to fulfill any tasks given to her by the church. However, she couldn’t help but feel a bit apprehensive, as this job was different from the others she’s done in the past.

This job was to be done by her and her alone.

She’s never had to do a job on her own, at least nothing major. Though her magical abilities were quite advanced, especially for her age, she was still in training and so usually had at least one other person with her. She was confident in her abilities, but this job wasn’t as simple as merely defeating monsters.

There’s something in there...

When the familiar voice entered her mind, Calypso blinked, momentarily snapping out of her thoughts to look beside her. Her dragon, Valkor, had been walking with her, his gaze now fixed on the room ahead.

Valkor was a young dragon, but much like his rider, he was quite mature for his age. While some young dragons would act much like a young puppy, preferring to frolic about and stick their noses where it didn’t belong, Valkor preferred to stay close to Calypso, quietly observing everything. Due to encouraging him to prey on unholy entities, there was talk among members of the Church that he may grow to become a Moonveil Dragon, a good omen for the Church and people of Innistrad. Already Calypso could see signs of it, his pale scales beginning to adopt a bluish hue.

It’s human...? No, it’s not human...a beast? No... Valkor seemed to be speaking to himself now, his head tilted to the side in confusion.

Calypso didn’t blame him for being confused. She didn’t have a full understanding of the job herself, as the Church decided to only give her vague details. To her understanding, she was to be in charge of looking after someone who has had the power of dragons bestowed onto them. With her ability to suppress the abilities of others, she was perfect for the job.

Once they reached the room that said person was in, the guard standing in front of the door gave Calypso a nod. “She’s in here.”

Calypso looked at Valkor. “I must go in alone. You are welcome to go elsewhere, or wait outside for me here, if you wish.”

Valkor couldn’t hide the disappointment in his face, but made no objections. With a small grumble, the dragon slinked away.

Taking a deep breath, Calypso turned back to the door. “I’m ready.”

With another nod, the guard opened the door, and Calypso stepped through, unprepared for what she saw inside.

When she was first given the job, she was surprised to hear that it was possible for someone to have the power of dragons. She wasn’t sure what she was expecting to see when she entered the room, but it wasn’t quite this.

Inside the room was a dragon.

She was a large beast with a stocky, muscular build. Her body was covered in green scales of varying shades and spikes lined her spine and limbs. A large horn, not unlike a rhinoceros, sprouted from the end of her nose. Calypso had only seen a handful of dragons, but this one was unlike any she had seen before.

She jolted when the door shut behind her, leaving them alone together. As she briefly glanced around the room, she could faintly see runes glowing from the walls. Magic, to prevent the dragon from getting out.

Though she could feel her heart hammering in her chest, she steeled herself and looked back at the dragon. She stood up straight, trying to hide any signs of worry from her face. Despite her attempt to look confident, her words, or lack thereof, betrayed her.

“Y-You...” she stammered out, then fell silent. She had never dealt with a situation like this before, and with no guidance from anyone on the outside, it was up to her to figure it out. What was she supposed to say? Or do? Were they supposed to speak first? Was Calypso supposed to use her magic right away? She stared up at the dragon before her, her mind racing as she tried to make a decision.
Blumenkranz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lynettetan1 » Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:58 am

Rune Tzorfeld
18 years old~Church~confused, curious, wary

Rune was prepared. The food had simply been a temporary distraction, and they had to have known that too. She sat imperiously, using her nose and claws to fold her unwieldly wings casually against her body. Her head hanging low by the door to avoid smacking into the magic barrier and to be ready to catch the next person that came in this time, she'd waited. Patience had always been a strength of hers, and they had to know what was happening-at least more than she did. Though there was still an itch to stretch her limbs and her calm held a barely concealed panic, Rune settled herself.

Still, it seemed like her body wasn't quite agreeing with her choices. For how much she looked like some deadly beast, her body was getting away from her, her ears hearing echoes of conversations far away, the smell of different things coming in crystal clear, even if she didn't really know what any of them meant. Most worryingly of all was her tail, which whipped about like a spiked mace, betraying her panic.

When Rune's mind had been interrupted by a soft, probing feeling that had reminded her of the dragon before, it had lashed out behind her, striking the barrier. Pain shot through her spine, and Rune growled, turning to nose her tail gingerly. By the time she'd looked it over, it no longer stung, but that hadn't been very fun.

Dimly, she noted a crack in the wall where the spines of her tail must have broken through the barrier to pierce a circular hole in the wall. So this newfound confidence didn't seem to have come from nowhere.

As she pondered this, Rune heard the soft click of the door opening, accompanied with the stronger scents of what was outside the door. She could smell the man from before, as well as someone... something else.

Not wanting to whip around and scare the man out the door, Rune simply tilted her head, placing one of her hands-feet?- on the unruly tail. She'd deal with that later. Her slitted iris shifted in it's socket, looking toward the person she knew had to be standing there, planning to at least catch their gaze so it was harder for them to leave.

It was quite the deviation from the way she usually did things, but somehow, she was sure that no matter how much she snuck around in this form, stealth was going to be more than a little impossible.

However, she hadn't anticipated this.

A teenager stood before her, about the same age as her, but something told her they were worlds different. Rune was a village girl through and through, meant for eking out a living along the outskirts she was used to, fully content to do what she had to, enjoy what she could, and ignore what she was expected to. The one who stood before her was breathtaking. She had pure white hair adorned within a horned crown, and her posture and the way she regarded her seemed almost regal, even with her lilac eyes widened in surprise. With the well fitted armour and the kind of leanness that of a trained soldier, it was clear that this was a person that had grown up with expectations much bigger than her, that was meant for big things. If someone had told anyone that one of the two of them could turn into a dragon, no one would have thought it was her.

There was an acrid scent in the air that Rune couldn't quite place, and when she jolted as the door closed, it only grew stronger. Fear, or perhaps panic, Rune realised, tilting her head in amusement. Did she look so terrifying that even people like this were intimidated? However, from the confidence she'd felt before and the hole in the wall, Rune enough to stop her instinctual scoff. Though she was skeptical of her position or her real capabilities, there was no question that the dragon-she wouldn't, couldn't think it was her now- was strong. Still, she looked kind enough, and Rune had no desire to scare away someone who could help her.

She started speaking, before falling silent, and Rune waited, but only silence filled the space her words left. Was she waiting for her to say something? The other's gaze on her made Rune a little uncomfortable, and it was only when there was another jolt from the tips of her wings that Rune realised her wings had been flaring in discomfort. Hissing a little at the pain, Rune concentrated, pressing the wings against her side as she kept her paw on her tail.

Shifting down into lie kind of like a dog, Rune lowered her head slightly in a bid to make herself a little less intimidating whilst not throwing all her leverage away, thinking. She had many things to ask, but no real way to ask them, nor any order to whatever she wanted to know. She'd banked on making the other person nervous enough to just ramble and start from there. The Church member-warrior?- seemed to be waiting for her, however, which was a little problematic. It wasn't like she could talk.

Or could she? Thinking of the feeling from before, Rune tried to focus on the other. Her presence felt like a blinding light almost, a surge of power condensed into her shape. Rune gently felt herself brush up against it, before feelings of confusion and panic mixed with her own, as well as a vague feeling of seeing herself through the other's eyes before her concentration snapped back into place. That felt... invasive.

Growling lowly in confusion, Rune stared at the other, trying vaguely to enunciate words. When that didn't really work beyond a series of unintelligible mumbles, Rune decided to give up and try again, apologising mentally for the intrusion. She went closer, but a little more lightly this time, not going in as much as moving alongside as most as she could. "Rune." She tried to explain slowly, opening up her own experiences as a little apology for what she did before. "My name is Rune." She wanted to say more, but her concentration was tenuous as it was, waxing and waning with her own efforts, so she just let out a huff. "Do you have an easier way to talk?"

(Since she's stronger and Valkor wasn't exactly trying to attack her telepathically as much as suss her out I figured she'd just feel it, and then when she used it accidentally went too far and kind of barged herself into Caly's consciousness for a second, but not enough to really go anywhere or do anything. She's speaking telepathically ish.)
lynettetan1

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Blumenkranz » Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:48 am

Calypso Argentum // 16 years old // Dragon: Valkor // Feeling: Focused // Tags: Rune

As the dragon looked at her, Calypso could feel something at first faint and familiar, a feeling not unlike what she felt when Valkor used telepathy to speak with her. But this feeling wasn’t quite the same. It then felt stronger, deeper. She was unable to stop herself from wincing, her body going tense as she suddenly felt exposed and vulnerable. Though to her relief, the feeling quickly subsided, leaving Calypso slightly on edge.

What was that? She thought to herself, now on high alert. She didn’t have any confirmation that that was the dragon’s doing, but Calypso had her suspicions. She wasn’t sure what the dragon was attempting at first, but as the dragon’s posture and aura gave off no malicious intent, she tried to give her the benefit of the doubt.

The feeling returned, but weaker this time, not as invasive, and Calypso could now hear an unfamiliar voice entering her mind.

Rune. That was the dragon’s name. Though Calypso didn’t let her guard down completely, she allowed herself to relax somewhat. She internally chided herself for being so paranoid in the first place. Other than the mental probing which she now assumed was likely Rune’s first attempt at speaking with her, Rune had shown no intentions to attack.

“Ah, I apologize. My name is Calypso Argentum. Though our circumstances could be better, it is a pleasure to meet you, Rune,” she said with a small dip of her head. “It is to my understanding that you have come into these new powers of yours recently, and the Church has sent me here to watch over you.”

She wondered what Rune must be feeling right now. She didn’t appear comfortable, with her wings held closely to her sides and a single paw holding down her tail, as if she was afraid it would lash about. The room was too small for a dragon of her size, not giving her the space to properly stretch out her long wings. And as Calypso thought back to how Valkor moved and held himself, Rune’s movements were awkward and stiff in comparison. It must be strange, to suddenly find yourself in a new body, one that was entirely different from a human’s. Calypso could hardly even imagine what that must feel like.

“Being in this form must be difficult, since this is all new for you. I can help you return to your true form. That should make it easier for you to speak, among other things.”

Calypso raised her hand, holding it towards Rune. The emerald dragon emanated a strong aura and Calypso could sense the large amount of mana that flowed within her, stark and unrestrained. It was a lot of power for someone who wasn’t yet prepared to wield it.

Calypso spoke a few words under her breath and could feel a faint tingling sensation as the magic rose from within her, coursing through her body. A warm golden light began to glow in her hand. At her feet, a ring of magic, composed of various runes and symbols, shimmered into view. She took a deep breath and extended her magic out to Rune, feeling for her, reaching for her mana.

The golden light shone brighter as she got a hold of Rune’s mana and began to suppress it. Under normal circumstances, this was typically a quick process, and Calypso has suppressed the mana of enemies in mere moments in the past, but this was different. A dragon held more mana than most of the entities that Calypso has faced so far, and she also didn’t want to startle Rune. She worked slowly and gently, willing Rune to return to her normal form.
Blumenkranz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lynettetan1 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:34 am

Rune Tzorfeld
18 years old~Church~Amazed, curious, tentative

At the other's greeting, Rune tilted her head to the side in acknowledgement, hiding the trickle of pride when the other responded. It seemed like it had worked and wasn't all in her imagination, which made her wonder... What else could she do? Now that it was clear that the Church was planning to give her some guidance somewhere, she was a little more relaxed, her mind slowly wondering what exactly she was capable of. When Calypso mentioned returning, however, Rune straightened, watching the other intently. Could she do that?

There was a strange feeling, as if a phantom limb of hers was being contacted, not unlike how she'd felt before when she was trying to speak. Caly's powers were firm but gentle, feeling a little like said power source was being smothered by a blanket-no, not really. Rune didn't know how to explain it. It wasn't like she knew how to access it, but already when she'd woken up, she'd felt it in every cell of her being, the reckless power that seemed to surge through her with every movement, the destruction and indestructible nature that was now a part of her as much as her own eyes, a tactile and active limb all at once. But now it felt... It wasn't as if it was slipping away. She could feel it still, but it was as if it was growing further, somewhere she could see but not quite reach.

And she was growing smaller, her wings starting to unfurl from where she'd held them in wonder. Unlike before, they now did not touch the ceiling, simply arcing into the air freely as she grew smaller still. Unlike the violent surge of emotion and pain that was her induction, this holding down was slow. The new draconic instincts seemed to grow wary at this, recoiling against the power, against being made helpless. She's powerful. The dragon growled, pacing internally, and Rune fought the urge to roll her eyes. She'd known that from the start. If they wanted to kill her, they would have done so a long time ago.

They wouldn't dare. The power from within her seemed to roar, and Rune ignored it. The wings folded against her as they shrunk, as did the rest of her limbs, before scales eventually receded to sensitive skin that shivered at the cold. Looking around, Rune found a bundle of Church robes, and shrugged. That'd do.

After she was dressed, she looked curiously at her hands, moving them about and testing them out. Was it gone? She almost wanted to ask Calypso that, but somehow, she had a feeling that the answer would be no. She still felt different, like there was a strength that resided within, and her body didn't feel as sore as she thought she would have been, after all of that.

Turning back to Calypso, Rune stared for a moment, blinking. She hadn't realised it when she had been towering over everyone, but Calypso was a head and more taller than her, looking a tad imposing. With the way she'd carried herself, even with surprise and even in the presence of a 'dragon', it was clear that she wasn't anyone that Rune would have come into contact in her normal life, despite how close in age they seemed. Still, she seemed nice enough, and had already helped her out within the first five minutes since they'd come into contact with each other. As such, she ignored the draconic howling going on in her mind, giving the other a shy smile and a stiff little bow, not really sure how she was supposed to act around the other. "Thanks."

Not quite knowing what to do now, Rune looked down awkwardly. She had so much to ask, but also no real idea where to start. What was going to be expected of her now? The Church told her she was supposed to fight, so would there be training now? Was there some kind of army she was supposed to join? But what army would naturally have a person that seemed to burst into a dragon every second or so? (one of 7 dysfunctional people Rune keep up huehuehue) Calypso said that she was sent to watch over her, but what exactly did that mean? Was she kind of like a babysitter? For how long?

Rune wasn't naturally chatty or anything like that either, and she ran her hand through her already scruffy hair, mussing it up before leaving it with a huff. Since Calyso was here and seemed to be helping her for now, it would be helpful to just find out where they were at. "What's supposed to happen now?"

As she thought about that further, an idea occurred to Rune. If Calypso could suppress her power, could she take it away? Was that why they hadn't really told her anything? "Could you- or the Church, really- transfer this," she gestured vaguely to her body, then the hole in the wall. "To someone else?" Surely she wouldn't be their first choice as a warrior after all, she had no training nor natural ability in this and there would be lots of others that would be able to utilise this further. At that thought, Rune felt a spike of hurt at the thought of being treated like a transport container, but if that meant she could leave this all behind and treat that like a bad dream, then perhaps it was for the best.
lynettetan1

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Blumenkranz » Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:42 am

Calypso Argentum // 16 years old // Dragon: Valkor // Feeling: Concerned // Tags: Rune

The suppression was a success, and Calypso was glad to see Rune’s body gradually shrinking, her draconic features changing to that of a human’s. Once she had fully returned to her true form, the light of Caly’s magic dissipated and she turned away respectfully while Rune got dressed. Once she was dressed, Calypso turned back to her and paused.

She had been half-expecting to see an adult, someone older, but the girl that stood before her was quite young. She appeared to be a teenager, about Calypso’s age. Rune was shorter than her, and her somewhat unruly hair was a deep green, much like the color of her scales from her dragon form. When Rune gave her a small bow, her movements were stiff, unease apparent in her dark eyes.

Her appearance and disposition was not that of a trained soldier, but of an ordinary girl, and Calypso couldn’t help but wonder why she was the one who was given the ability to transform into a dragon.

Realizing that she was staring, Caly cleared her throat before answering Rune’s question. “Now that you have returned to your normal form, you’ll be free to leave this room, but must remain on Church grounds for the time being. If you like, I can show you around. Not only will I be watching over you, but I am also tasked with your training and helping you become accustomed to your new powers. If you ever have any questions or need something from me, please don’t hesitate to ask.”

Though she tried to make it appear as if she knew what she was doing, Caly felt uncertain. This was her first time handling a situation like this on her own, though she supposed she could ask the Church for guidance if she truly needed it. For now, she could only hope that she was going about this the right way.

At Rune’s question of the possibility of transferring her dragon powers to someone else, Caly felt a pang of sadness. Rune looked lost, and if that was one of her first questions, Caly took it as a good indicator that she didn’t want these powers in the first place. She couldn’t blame Rune for feeling that way. Though she didn’t yet have a full grasp of the situation and Rune’s background, she understood that it must be difficult, to suddenly come into the ability to transform into a beast and have your entire life changed in an instant. Did Rune even want to fight for the Church? Or was the Church making her do it because of her new powers?

It was difficult to have a solid opinion when there were details still unknown to her, but it was situations like this that made Calypso doubt the Church at times. However, she would never voice her doubt, and even in her mind she tried to suppress these kinds of thoughts. She knew that she was only a teenager herself, and though she was mature for her age, there was a lot she didn’t know about the world and how it worked. She had to believe that everything the Church did was for good reason, perhaps reasons she didn’t yet understand.

“Unfortunately, I have no way of doing that,” Calypso said with a shake of her head. “My powers are limited in that I can suppress the abilities of others, but I cannot transfer or make them entirely disappear. So, I can help keep you from transforming, but I cannot take that ability from you. And I’m afraid that if the Church was able to do this, they would have done it already.”
Blumenkranz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lynettetan1 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:05 am

Rune Tzorfeld
18 years old~Church~Hopeful, resigned

Calypso seemed a little surprised. She'd turned away respectfully, enforcing Rune's belief that the other was quite the noble individual to think of such a detail, but when she looked back, she almost seemed to pause, going into thought.

Rune didn't quite know what to make of the half-attention, and simply looked down awkwardly. She probably wasn't what Calypso had expected. She knew how it looked, such a large and terrifying monster now becoming a teenager that barely knew where to put her hands. All the same, Rune didn't bother trying to hide her inexperience. If it was obvious enough to her, it would be painfully so to the trained eye.

Rune wondered what the other saw, what she was thinking, but when Calypso finally collected her thoughts, she did not expound on them. Listening to the others' words, Rune brightened upon knowing that she was allowed out now. Now that she was human, Rune had to admit that the room wasn't so much small as she had been enormous, but it was still sparse, and the idea of having a bigger place to roam was a welcome one, even if she was technically on a leash. Being in a village under vampire rule, it was not a new situation, and if anything, the new guardian that had been assigned to her was kind and everything one could really ask for in a handler. It was a change, but if anything, it was one that improved her former situation. At the other's offer, Rune felt relief suffuse through her being, relaxing a little at the thought of taking a look around. "I'd like that, thanks."

The idea of training was also a good one, even when coupled with her admission that she couldn't just remove the whole problem altogether the way you would a pimple. Internally, the draconic part of her was bristling at being compared to a wart, but it wasn't like she'd asked for it to happen, so Rune ignored it. If she couldn't have it gone, learning how to use it would be the next course of action so she didn't accidentally harm anyone was good. Calypso saying that she would watch over her did make her feel a little more relieved. She still felt like a bomb ready to implode, but knowing that there was someone that could diffuse this did help her breathe a little easier.

But the other did seem a little perturbed, which was not all that surprising. It probably wasn't common to run into a problem like hers. Still, she seemed almost... upset? Looking up at Calypso, Rune gave the other girl a reassuring smile, trying to crack a joke to lighten the mood just a little. "Keeping me from transforming is plenty, I kept thinking I was going to accidentally break the room." At that thought, she looked back at the hole in the world, before letting out an awkward whistle. "More than I already did, anyway."

She still wasn't too sure how to treat Calypso, given what she knew of the other's strength and upbringing, but Rune figured that treating the other girl like a friend wouldn't be too bad. Though she didn't know too much, Rune was quite sure that Calypso was the good sort, and she didn't want her to be upset.

Still, it would be nice to see her family again. When the thought occurred to her, however, Rune mentally pushed it away. No matter what she thought, it was clear that her going near much of anything without supervision was probably not the wisest of options, and her need to see those she knew was not more important than making sure that they stayed safe. Besides, Calypso seemed nice.

They were both unsure, but that was fine. As she thought about the concept of training, however, Rune remembered the amount of strength that had been in the dragon form, the enormity of it all. "Do you think I can, though?" She said as she looked at her hands, half muttering softly to Calypso and half to the power within her. She wasn't any sort of ready for something like this, and if Calypso was saying it just to make her feel better, she'd prefer to know the truth right off the bat. "I'm not a sorcerer, or a warrior... or anything of note, really."

Suddenly seeming to remember her position, Rune flustered, tucking her hands behind her back as she looked away. "Not to knock on your teaching abilities or anything, it's just- I don't have a gift for this." Realising that she was rambling, Rune bit her lip, frowning a little in concentration as she tried to think of how to explain herself. She certainly wasn't like Calypso and her magic-the way even her powers had felt like they had her personality. She'd had no magical prowess before that day, and even now the dragon felt so far removed from who she was that she wasn't sure if she would ever be able to reconcile the two. "Being able to use it on command feels like a stretch." She finally said by way of explanation, feeling a little like burying herself in a hole. Why did she have to open her mouth?
lynettetan1

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Blumenkranz » Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:42 am

Calypso Argentum // 16 years old // Dragon: Valkor // Feeling: Calm // Tags: Rune

Calypso raised an eyebrow as she looked at the hole in the wall that Rune made unintentionally. It was good that Calypso came when she did. With Rune still adjusting to her dragon form and having been put into a room too small for her, which must’ve been stressful, who knows what kind of damage she could have caused. Fortunately it was only a small break, and done without the intent to harm.

She looked back to Rune, staying silent as the girl told her what was troubling her. These worries of hers were reasonable, she thought. It must be somewhat overwhelming for Rune to suddenly have great power thrust onto her when she has such little experience with such a thing. Again, Calypso thought back to her earlier internal questions. Was there a reason why Rune specifically was given this ability? Was there something special about the girl that she, or perhaps even Rune herself, was unaware of? Or perhaps she was given this power on a complete whim. Not knowing the answer bothered Caly slightly, but she kept that to herself for now.

“I understand your worries, and I won’t lie to you, it won’t be easy at first,” Calypso began. “But I believe that in the end, it will all turn out okay. You’re not alone, I will be with you for every step of the way. While having prior experience with these sorts of things certainly would help, not having that kind of experience doesn’t mean that controlling your powers will be impossible. Every great sorcerer and warrior has to start somewhere. I’m a firm believer that anything can be achieved with hard work.”

As she spoke, she thought back to her own training, both current and in the past. Being the daughter of two powerful members of the Order of Heliud, she’d always had a gift for holy magic. But even with her natural talent, she was by no means perfect, and it took hours and hours of training to get to where she was now.

There were times where she thought about giving up, especially in the beginning. Magic was something that always interested her, but military training? Not so much. Honing her magic and trying to get to a point where she could perform complicated spells in seconds for battle was no easy task. Though it was her parents that thrust her into this training she didn’t want to begin with, it was through their initial patience and teachings that she was able to get to where she was now. Even when her situation with her parents grew more strained over time, she was able to push through and improve herself.

She hoped that she could help Rune with her training as much as Caly’s parents helped with her own. She wanted to guide Rune, erase her worries and help her gain control of her abilities. Though the ability to transform into a dragon was much different from simply casting spells. Not that she necessarily wanted the ability to transform, she wondered briefly how she herself would fare if she had been given that power instead. Would someone with more magical experience like herself do well, or would she struggle as well? She wasn’t sure.

“When I was a child, I struggled at times with my magic. Even now, though I have greatly improved, I am not perfect,” she said, giving the other girl a small smile. “I know it’s not easy, but try not to think too far ahead for now. When we train, we’ll start slow and take it one step at a time. What’s most important is not your current experience, but your will to improve.”
Last edited by Blumenkranz on Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Blumenkranz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lynettetan1 » Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:12 am

(I feel like we can timeskip here to their first training (if they have a rest first-or we can also technically rp this for them both having some downtime), or have Rune meet Valkor and have them directly walk to a training ground. XD Idk I'm free to flow and write whatever sounds good to you! :) )

Rune Tzorfeld
18 years old~Church~Hopeful, determined

Whilst Calypso's words were idealistic, they were grounded in reality. Rune was still a little doubtful-hard work could only get you so far-but it wasn't like she wouldn't try. The other's confirmation that she would be guiding her through it did help ease something tight and flighty in her chest, and Rune nodded. Calypso was strong, thoughtful and grounded, and Rune was more than happy to be given some direction. All in all, she seemed like a good person to trust, and in an unfamiliar place, she'd need that.

There were so many things to learn as well, such as getting used to moving, for one, let alone the transformations. Would she have to learn how to fight, too? One thought lead to another, and Rune came across one that made her mentally blanche. Would she have to... fly? The wings weren't for show, were they?

When she spoke of herself struggling, however, Rune blinked in quiet astonishment, pulled out her thought spiral to do a double take. Really? She seemed so in control. Though Rune herself had barely any experience as it was, the brief encounter with Calypso's magic had felt controlled and natural. Where Rune's had been a finnicky, destructive force of nature like a lightning storm, Calypso's had been slow but powerful, more like a winding stream that got where it wanted to go. When she smiled, Rune felt her surprise easing, and she gave the other a small nod in return. Her words hit right on Rune's thoughts, and Rune looked away for a few moments, mentally chiding herself for being read this easily. Then again, this wasn't exactly one of her best days.

Feeling more grounded after Calypso's words, Rune bit her lip nervously, but set her mind on doing what the other had suggested. One step at a time, huh? That seemed feasible enough. "When do we start?"
lynettetan1

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me