𝑅𝐸𝑋 𝑇𝑅𝐸𝑀𝐸𝑁𝐷𝐴𝐸 𝑀𝐴𝐽𝐸𝑆𝑇𝐴𝑇𝐼𝑆

If you only want to roleplay with one other person, or only with certain people, then you can do so here (any genre).
Forum rules
Remember, all content must remain child-friendly at all times!
Users breaking this rule by using foul language, roleplaying explicit sexual scenes, excessive violence/torture, non-consensual 'romance', or other adult themes may be banned.

Re: 𝑅𝐸𝑋 𝑇𝑅𝐸𝑀𝐸𝑁𝐷𝐴𝐸 𝑀𝐴𝐽𝐸𝑆𝑇𝐴𝑇𝐼𝑆

Postby hell_hound » Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:58 pm

“Don’t talk to her that way,” Lilith growled from where she sat next to her mother. “She’s a damn good wife and mother. It isn’t her fault she died. And for your information, your little ‘miracle’ wouldn’t have worked if my sister hadn’t done what she did. You can’t be mad at her for it yet happy your stuff worked. That’s hypocritical. You can’t force your will onto someone else’s, by the way. If Meredith doesn’t want to be put in your machine then you can’t make her feel guilty for that.”

She shoved her plate away from herself, disgusted and no longer hungry. “Did you take some of that serum yourself? Because you’re acting like a total b-”

“Okay,” Emma called, demanding some semblance of order, “that’s enough, the both of you. June, if Meredith doesn’t want to be like Ray and your mother, then you cannot blame her. Lilith, you need to calm down as well. Bickering and throwing each other under the bus isn’t going to help us solve these issues. Meredith wishes to die in the comfort of her own home surrounded by her family. That’s a pretty humble request that we will respect.”

River nodded. “Emma is right. We should focus on making these last days the best,” he murmured in a low voice. He took Meredith’s hand in his and offered her a smile. Guilt gnawed at him, knowing that Andy was right there, but he needed to be a good husband to Meredith right now. Maybe later, he could talk to Andy and figure out what their relationship was, but for now his white-haired snow queen needed him a little more than she did.

Emma turned to Ray and Andy. “What do you two think?”
hell_hound

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

i'll be dancing

Postby ‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎yennefer » Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:17 pm

June acted as if she hadn't even heard Emma. She turned on her mother, locking eyes with Andy - the Guess Glare, it was titled. Sighing, Andy set her fork onto her plate and prepared to derail her daughter's oncoming speech with brutal honesty - as was her infamous talent. Dr. Guess was good for two things. 1. Fixing impossible shattered organs, and 2. shutting stupid crap down the moment it started. She folded her arms over her chest and leaned back in her chair, chin tilted high. She wouldn't show her daughter any submission. Now was not the time for it. She'd felt the same way when her and Ravenya's good colleague, Amalie, had died. Cancer could have been the least of her worries had she let Ray try her experiment.

"This is stupid. This is absolutely stupid. She could be alive. She could be with us! I don't understand why you can't just-"

"We are not alive, Juniper," Andromeda interrupted in a cold drone. Across from her Ravenya became physically uncomfortable. She squirmed out of her chair and plucked up the empty plates, not wanting to be anywhere near the table. Surprised to see Ravenya shy away, June looked after her, then snapped her gaze back to her mother's. She saw a glint in her eye that June knew better than to test.

But she did it anyway.

"You're right here-"

"I am inside that little disk on your head," Andy shot back, pointing at the silver spot, no bigger than a dime, on the side of her head. "It is my consciousness - my soul - yes, but our bodies? Those are gone. We have no pulse. We do not breathe. We don't even need to eat!" She leaned forward, voice dark as pitch. "There is a reason Ravenya and I didn't finish this research!"

"And you should be ashamed!" June cried, face washed red, eyes watering. "We wouldn't have had to be without you! Think of Daddy! Of me!"

"This isn't about you!" Andy roared. June started to shoot up from her chair but Andy lurched bolt right, making her pause before she could stand all the way. "Sit the hell down." Andy, then, right after her daughter sat down, rose like fog off a mountain. "You will not disrespect Meredith in my house. You will not disrespect the woman who took in not only one, but two children that were not hers because she simply loved you. If Meredith wants the peace her mind will give her in death then that's what she deserves, June. Death is not the end."

"It was for us," June snarled. A feral gleam had come to her eye. One Andy new too well - her father seemed to have passed on more than his gorgeous hazel eyes to her daughter. "She could have peace and she could have us at the same time."

"This," Andy growled, gesturing to her chest. "Is not peace. It is a selfish desire that you had. You will not be selfish with Meredith. I won't allow it. You shouldn't have brought us here, Juniper."

"You're still here we can't just leave you both to float in-"

"I. Am. Dead. I'm dead."

"Stop it."

"I'm dead, June. This is the way your brain is coping with the trauma it suffered when you were young. This is the me you imagine - the way you see Ravenya-" she flung her finger at the rather nervous-faced woman hovering in the kitchen, not wanting to return to the table. "That's not how she looked when she died, is it? You saw her. You called 911. How did she look when she died? Picture it, Juniper."

"No," June croaked, shaking her head furiously. "Stop. Stop it."

"I saw your face," Andy pressed further. "Right before the world went dark, I saw you. What was the last thing you remember, June? This is not what I was wearing when I died. What was I wearing? You remember it, I know you do."

As June begged under her breath one last time for Andy to take it back, her figure shifted. She bore the wrinkles and age marks of an exhausted mother and surgeon. Her plaid flannel shifted into a pink robe. Then, even though it struggled to flicker to life, blood came. Slow at first, then all over her chest. Behind her, Ravenya suddenly looked as if she were going to keel over at any moment, becoming nothing more than a skeleton. June burst into sobs, flung herself away from the table and sprinted out the door. As she slammed the door shut, Andy's outfit shifted to the one that she'd worn during her funeral. Ravenya's, the same. Andy looked down at herself. She wrinkled her nose. Ray spoke softly behind her.

"They couldn't bring themselves to choose what you wore," she explained. "I loved that sundress on you. It made me think of when we were young. Yellow is your color."

"As black is yours," Andy muttered. Sighing, she looked down at Meredith. As June's focus shifted to that horrendous night, she settled back into her bloodied attire. She tried to wrap the stained fabric closer around herself, but no matter she did, the red still showed.

"Maybe you shouldn't have told her we can't... do human things," Ray mumbled, scratching the back of her head.

"She deserves to know. They all do. We're not alive, Ravenya, we're just... ghosts. We're ghosts."

Ravenya shrugged. She offered a cautious grin. "At least she never saw you get old. Look at me. Ew."

Silently - and without much notice - Meredith picked up her plate and deposited it in the sink. She drew attention when she opened the sliding glass door and sluggishly made her way to the hammock River had fashioned for her long ago. She crawled into it and let her head rest on the pillows. Staring up at the sky, she'd wished her daughter wasn't so brilliant.
‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎yennefer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby hell_hound » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:11 am

As everyone fell into a moral and scientific debate, River’s eyes followed Meredith out the door to her hammock. The last several weeks before her collapse Meredith had spent quite a lot of time out there. Rising, River glided away from his squabbling family members to join his wife outside. He sat down in the chair he’d pulled from the garage and placed next to it. Then he leaned over to run his fingers soothingly through her hair. When she leaned into his touch, he noticed not for the first time how frail she felt in his strong grasp. It pained him to see her like this. He hated it. At least with Andromeda he hadn’t had to watch her wither. He supposed that had been a blessing, though he certainly hadn’t considered it one at the time.

But this? This was torture for the both of them.

“We could always run away. Join the circus. I can be the Strong Man and you can be the Bearded Lady,” he teased, pulling her hair around to make a beard for her. His laughter came easily, but it quickly faded. Now wasn’t really the time for jokes, he guessed.

“Really, though. We can go somewhere peaceful. Maybe to somewhere with mountains? A serene lake? Whatever you want to make these next two weeks the best in your life.”

Growing frustrated with the chaos, Atlas shot to his feet and yelled, “Everybody bloody shut up!” When the room fell silent, he spoke. He sounded more like Ravenya’s old self than Andromeda when he spoke, but the fire in his eyes was unmistakably that of his mother’s. Even the twins, who hadn’t said much more than a handful of words to begin with, drew quiet when their big brother roared. He turned to Andy first, hurt written all over his face.

“You didn’t have to show us that. We bloody well know what you looked like when you died - the both of you. We’ve seen the crime scene photos. And we watched you wither,” he said, gesturing to Ravenya. “It was wrong to bring you back even in this form. Selfish to the max. But it’s done. She did it. If you don’t want to be here then go. It’s as simple as that. I’d rather have you be in that good place than here if it means our family being torn apart.

“And you,” he continued. He whirled on his sister. “You can’t do something this selfish and then berate Meredith for doing the same. I don’t blame her for not wanting to be a memory in a computer. I don’t want that, either. When I die, I want to stay dead. But, uh, this isn't about me. This about Meredith and what to do with Mum and Ray.”

“Atlas is right,” Emma interjected, gesturing for him to sit. “If Meredith wishes not to be a part of this then she has that right. That is already decided. However, now our focus becomes about either reintroducing our loved ones to society, or destroying the equipment.” She glanced at her late wife, a deep sadness in her eyes. “We could do some real good with it.”

Meanwhile, Lilith drew June out of the room and up the stairs. She needed space after that.
hell_hound

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

in the arms of the angels

Postby ‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎yennefer » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:27 am

"I don't think tonight is a good night to decide what is to become of us," Ravenya finally spoke from her safe distance. She looked at Atlas with a frown pinching her face. "Your mother only showed your sister that so she could understand. It was the only way to make her understand." She glanced at Andy, who had begun to stare, unfocused, at her untouched food. Hanging her head, Ray gathered her thoughts, then looked back up at Emma.

"There is a lot we could do for people, yes. But ultimately, it was June that fixed our issues. It was June that figured out the formula. She is young, yes, but she's brilliant. We don't get a say in what she does with her success."

"Raveny-" Andy started, turning on her.

"Enough," Ray growled, standing tall. Andy coiled at the clear challenge that crossed Ray's face, but the way she held onto her friend's gaze was more than enough to back Andromeda out of her corner. Shaking her head, Andy left the table, flickering in and out of different outfits as her child hysterically cried upstairs. A soft sigh rolled off of her lips. She looked up at her wife with a sad, apologetic smile.

"I'm sorry, love," she muttered. "It would seem I bring you hurt, even in death." Ravenya walked past the table and left the home. She wasn't sure where her walk would take her, but it wouldn't matter - she wouldn't get tired. She would come back in the morning, when everyone had time to gather their thoughts.

In the middle of the night, when everyone had finally fallen asleep, Meredith still lingered outside on the hammock. She'd been woken up by a coughing fit and had yet to fall back asleep. When a shadow fell over her, she wasn't sure where it came from - until she saw a pair of glinting eyes hovering over her head. Eyes widening, Meredith realized to whom they belonged.

"Salem?" she gasped under her breath. "What- are you doing here?"

Her youngest daughter said not a word as she yanked the pillow out from underneath her. She clutched it in both of her hands, smiling down at her mother.

"Hey, ma," were the last words Meredith Clarke heard. After it was done, she put the pillow back behind her head. Salem returned to the shadows, got in her parked car, and went back home with a smile one her face.

In the morning, Ray tried to gather the rattled family for breakfast. She fixed everyone's favorites. She sincerely hoped Emma and Kate would join them. She hadn't gone home with them the previous night, for fear of upsetting her poor wife. As she saw River, the first to rise, she glanced to the window. Meredith still lay on her side in the hammock, her white hair tossed on the gentle morning breeze.

"Go get her, yeah?" Ray said to River. "I want to make sure she gets food before these animals take me for everything I've got."

‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎yennefer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby hell_hound » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:13 pm

Emma stayed up all night on the porch waiting for Ray to come back. When she did early that next morning, Emma finally went to bed. She stayed on the couch, though, flipping back and forth between the channels on the television. She wasn’t really watching the shows or listening to Ray’s conversation; she had too much on her mind for that. How in the world did she fix this mess? June had accomplished something great, but that was only the beginning. What she had done was also selfish and against the laws of science and nature themselves. Besides, how could they be sure it was really Ravenya and Andromeda and not some physical manifestation of psychological phenomena created by June and enhanced by her new, weird machine?

She shook her head. It was too early for this sort of thing.

She found herself wondering what Kate was doing.

Meanwhile, Atlas hadn’t slept much, either. He stayed up most of the night trying to come up with an apology for his mother. He stood outside the guest room Aunt Emma had let her have with his fist poised to knock. He did so, and when he heard Andy’s voice he pushed the door out of the way. He slipped into the room, shut the door, and sat down on the end of the bed. It looked like it hadn’t been touched save for the slight bulge of the blankets where she had been relaxing. So, it was true; they didn’t need to eat or sleep in order to function. It made sense in a science fiction sort of way.

“I’m sorry I lost it last night. Especially to you. I shouldn’t have yelled. I just… I don’t know what to do to help anybody anymore,” he confessed, burying his face in his hands.

River grunted in agreement, knowing full well the chaos that would ensue when everyone woke up and realized breakfast waited for them. He trudged outside to the hammock without a word. All of the bickering the night before had tired him out; sleep had not come easy when everyone had finally settled down. It didn’t help that his wife hadn’t come inside. His bed had been cold as ice when he woke up earlier that morning. He supposed he should get used to it. After all, Meredith was going to die and he didn’t know if Andromeda would want anything romantic with him again. She was so young again; why would she want a gnarled up shell of a man when she could go out and have anyone she wanted?

As he reached the hammock, he knew immediately that something was wrong. He stepped around the chair to get a better glimpse of her face and nearly fell backward. His shout roused the entire household. Everyone came running outside to see what had happened as River collapsed in the chair. His entire body shook with rage and confusion and heartbreak.

His wife - his beautiful snow queen - was dead.

He was two for two.
hell_hound

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

this tree it will die without leaves

Postby ‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎yennefer » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:15 pm

Andy flinched when a knock sounded at the door. Sound was still strange to her. Ravenya and Andy had been able to talk with one another, but it had come as faint whispers on the wind. They'd had no bodies, really, to inhabit. Wherever they'd gone, had been an entirely different place than Earth. Calling softly for her guest to enter, Andy closed the photo album she'd been fondly sifting through. Most of it contained the many shenanigans she, Ravenya, and River had gotten themselves into. Then, it became a tribute to baby June. River had made her take a photo every single day the moment they'd learned they were going to be parents. They'd done the same for Atlas.

Andy's eyes remained on the picture of Atlas and herself, standing in the front yard. She wore a yellow sundress and he was bundled up in the little bumble bee onesie Ravenya had given to them at the baby shower. Most of the pictures of her son, in fact, were in clothes her best friend had supplied. River and Andromeda had wanted for nothing. Apparently, as she'd sifted further into the photo album, that theme had continued. Ravenya, after there became a very stark absence of Andy, had stood in for quite some time. Then, ever so slowly, a tentative Meredith had appeared. Ray and Emma faded out of the photos for a while, until Lilith and the twins crashed everyone's party. A year or so later, Emma Jane joined the pack. To Andy's surprise, a third contestant showed up within the Nicchi ranks. Then, another girl came along to the Clarke Chaos. Andy's eyes were watering when Atlas came inside. She shut the photo book with a gentle brush of her hand.

She had missed so, so much.

She wasn't sure what to say to her son when he apologized. She offered a lopsided smile. "You've every right. I did that because it was the only thing I could think of to make her listen. Perhaps I shouldn't have been so harsh about it - but I needed her to understand that you can't... escape it. What she's created is brilliant - but what she created is what Ravenya destroyed. She tells people she never figured out the formula, but we did. We created an entire realm, for the consciousness to go. But we realized, standing over those beautiful beaches that it would only become another thing for companies to destroy - to vandalize. Pay me money or you'll never see your mother again. Pay me money or your infant son will be left to float in the unknown forever. It's... the cruelest creation anyone has ever made. That, Atlas, is why Ravenya and I took all of her research. All of mine, too - and we burned it."

She glanced over his head as Ravenya ventured out the back door, seeming to be in a hurry. She eyed them with furrowing brows as there seemed to be an urgency developing. Glancing back at her boy, Andy reached out to warily touch his cheek.

"I love you, Atlas," she told him softly. "This really is me - my brain, I mean. My emotions. My love. I will be here as long as you want me to be, so long as you understand that your sister can't do this again. If something happens I... shut off, for lack of a better term, that's it. I'm gone. It wipes out the entire consciousness. Ravenya couldn't figure out how to eliminate it. I don't want to know where all those mice wen- oh," she gasped, eyes widening, as she heard someone shout about Meredith. Leaping off of the bed, Andy booked it for the patio.

Ray, true to her nature, was the first to reach the hammock. She skidded to a halt beside River, then threw her eyes over the still figure of her mentor. Her hand fluttered to her mouth. She hadn't been prepared to find her this way. Looking between her best friend and his wife, Ravenya wasn't entirely certain hat she should to to help. There likely wasn't much she could do for River - she remembered exactly how broken he'd become when they'd lost Andromeda. She would never forget the look on his face when he'd walked into her office, entering the room as she'd been screaming hysterically, sobbing all over Emma's shoulders, rattling on about nonsensical crap she couldn't control. That was the beginning of her downfall - the first tragedy that sent her train finally flying off the tracks as everyone had assumed she would some day.

Sighing, Ray drifted away as Andy glided through the patio, dressed not in the bloody robes she'd worn last night, but a gorgeous blouse and a beautiful black and white skirt. The outfit River had infamouse stories of - the one his daughter remembered most to construct it herself. From the kitchen, she watched, hardly any emotion on her face. Ravenya knew then where she needed to go - and it wasn't outside there with River. As soon as Andromeda had her arms wound around her husband, Ray took off, marching straight inside. She grabbed June's arm and pulled her aside into the living room, where Ravenya grabbed her chin and forced her to look at her. She held nothing back, even though her wife was front and center to their show.

"You mustn't disrespect what she wanted, Juniper. Don't you dare. I see that look in your eye. I felt this way when I finally figured out the serum; it brought me nothing but guilt and pain for years to come. Now it's hollowing you, too. Death is unavoidable."

"It can be," June droned. "I could bring her right back here in two seconds."

"Yes, you could," Ravenya agreed. "But you should not. And you will not."

"You can't stop me, Ravenya," June told her, slurring her words together as she glanced outside to where her mother held her father. "I love my mom. I love Andy. But Andy isn't my mom."

Ravenya leaned back, peering down at her with a desperate urgency laced all over her face. She'd never been the best at coaxing the children out of obvious mistakes - she loved them too much to let the Cerberus back out of the cage. June tried to turn away and Ravenya pinched her nose. She sucked a deep breath, then, forcing the features of her face into a stoic coldness, she lashed out and grabbed her wrist, forcing her to turn around. Ravenya leaned down, hunching over Jane in the most intimidating posture she could purposefully form. June didn't wither the way Ravenya needed to. Fine - she'd bring out the Hydra instead.

"You touch Meredith and I will personally set fire to everything you've done. I will burn it all to a bloody crisp and I will hunt through every piece of paper within your reach. Don't make me destroy your work, June - use it for what you know is morally sound. Meredith will be locked in an eternity she doesn't want. Give her peace."

"Give us peace," June snarled.

"No," Ravenya snarled, stepping forward again. They were nose to nose. "I'm still angry at you for bringing me back."

"How classically inconsiderate of you," June snapped back, squaring her shoulders. Ray's brows shot up - not in anger, but surprise. June never fought her back this way before she'd died. "But you know what if you want to rip your wife's heart out again and stomp all over it a little bit none of us would be surprised. Not the first or the last time you've done that."

"This is not about me," Ravenya growled. "This is about what it would do to your father. He knows Meredith would not feel whole if you put her in a computer disc." Ravenya reached out to slap the side of her head that had the small silver circle attached. It was flickering red and yellow - she'd figured out how to code new data into it. Ray's jaw strained tight. June was both the best and the worst person to have gotten their hands on it.

"This is about healing my family."

"You'll only break it more if you don't listen to me."

"You have absolutely no room to talk!" June finally shouted, composure snapping. When she shrieked in Ravenya's face the damage that had been done to her soul over the past year was displayed in full color. Frowning, Ravenya couldn't find it within herself to be angry. She was sad. She'd been precisely where June stood. It was the darkest place she'd ever cornered herself in. Glancing over her shoulder, she locked eyes with Emma. That pleading look had taken a long time to develop, thanks to her stubbornness, but eventually, Ravenya had finally learned that her wife, was her wife; it was okay to need her help.

June slammed her hands into Ray's chest, catching her off guard. Ray staggered back and caught herself on the ledge of the vanity behind her. Elbow falling upon the vase there, a shard of it punctured Ravenya's arm. She didn't notice however - nor did any blood come. She turned her hand over and looked at it for a long moment, before she glared up at June. She wrenched the glass out and the fibers stitched themselves back together.

"How..." she breathed, eyes wide with drunken wonder. She drifted forward, hand stretched out for Ray's arm.

Emma Jane shoved her way between her mother and June. The towering girl took the same protective stance over her mother that Ray took over everyone she loved.

"Stop," she demanded.

"Get out of my way, Emma Jane," June snarled.

Emma Jane shook her head, sending sleek chocolate brown strands of hair bouncing over her face. "You've gone too far. I appreciate what you've done for my mum - and.. my other mum, but- please. Don't do this to Meredith. To River."

"Oh, now you're the savior, I see. So is the part where we exchange roles? You become the innocent little girl and I'm the demon now? Is that it?"

"Juniper," came a new voice from the doorway. Andy carted her husband inside, who was still struggling to breathe past his hysterics. She deposited him on the couch, handing an inhaler over to Ravenya. She threw her hands up and went to his side.

Andy laid it out flat for her. "Either you promise me you'll not touch her, or I will destroy right in front of your face."

"You wouldn't," June hissed.

"Watch me, kid," Andy threatened in a dark snarl far worse than even the Cerberus was infamous for. "Don't test me. You won't like what happens if you do."
‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎yennefer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby hell_hound » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:42 pm

River could hear every word that was being said in the house. The combination of the chaos from June and the death of his wife swirled inside of this broken man until, finally, the volcano reached its limit. He surged from the chair so hard it clattered to the concrete that made up the patio. He grabbed it and swung it out of his way. Even at his age he had retained his youthful strength. The chair hit the nearby fence and broke in more than one place. The sound was like lightning cracking across the sky. Emma had to hold her hands over her ears. She dodged out of his way. He slammed open the back door. The handle put a hole in the wall next to it. He stormed his way over to where June, Andy and Ray were arguing. Yet again. About Meredith. Yet again.

“Juniper Scarlet Clarke!” he roared, coming to stand in front of his daughter. “If I ever hear those words come out of your mouth again I’m going to send you straight back to that place you saw when you died.” His voice had never come out so black - so honest. He had reached his wits end. “Andromeda is very bloody well your mother. She birthed you. She raised you and you will show her respect. Ravenya, too, or you can just get out. I am done. I’ve had enough. I can’t do this anymore!”

He grabbed the nearest object - the vase - and threw it against the floor. It shattered, sending shards all across the hardwood. He was panting, his chest heaving as he fought to control himself. If he laid hands on anyone right now he would not stop until they no longer breathed. Gone was the sweet, mild mannered if not a bit ornery chronic thief. In his place, River’s own monster had emerged. The very one that had committed so many atrocities in his youth - the one only Andy had managed to chase away. But that had been a long time ago. There was no guarantee she could do it again.

“You think you have it hard? You think you’re the only bloody one that wants things to be fixed? WELL YOU’RE NOT! Get over yourself! Be a bloody adult and accept what Meredith wanted. Respect her wish, or so help me I’ll break the damn thing myself!”

River raised his hands toward her throat, sincerely wanting to hurt her - to show her he meant every word - but then he seemed to get a grip. His fingers curled into fists that he dropped to his sides. They still shook hard, but she wasn’t in danger of him using them on her. Without another word, River whirled around and stalked toward the front door. When Atlas tried to stop him, River’s responding glare withered the boy where he stood. The door slammed so hard behind him that the pictures rattled. A few fell and broke against the hardwood floor.

He had no idea where he was going, but he had to leave. He had to get out. His thoughts became dark, swirling storms in his head. He got in his truck, turned the engine over, and ripped out of the driveway. He had no destination in mind, only a goal: get away.

In the shocked silence that followed his outburst, Emma stepped into the house. “It would seem we’ve been so preoccupied with ourselves that we’ve failed to notice the one person that needed our help the most,” she whispered.
hell_hound

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

tag you're it

Postby ‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎yennefer » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:22 pm

June, frozen in utter shock, had no idea what to do with herself. Her heart beat in her throat, which she reached up to touch, as if to be sure it was still there and in one piece. She'd seen the intent to harm her shine in her father's eyes. A side of River she'd never imagined to have existed had just thrown itself in her face. His outburst, while entirely petrifying for his daughter, had seemed to claw her back from whatever craze she'd been in. She blinked a few times, as if to clear the sleep from her eyes. Then, she seemed to fizzle. She faded out of existence, becoming just a still body, staring at absolutely nothing with unfocused eyes.

"I suggest you rethink the last 48 hours," Andy's growl - soft spoken, but just as dark as her husband, penetrated the heavy atmosphere. June turned to look at her, tears falling down her cheeks. "Your father is who we should extend our help to - not waste our resources bickering over a matter that isn't even yours to argue over. Your Aunt is right. If you want to help someone, it's your father who needs it. Not Meredith." She turned away, yanked her old car keys off the counter with a curt hark that was meant to be a laugh, but it held no humor. She wouldn't approach River if he didn't want her to, but she would be certain he was safe.

Let her children figure out their mess. She had a River to calm. Once in her car, Andy sped off after him. She caught up to him by some miracle, but drifted a good distance away, tailing after him. His movements were jerky for a long time and they both broke quite a few laws on their wild ride, but eventually his driving slowed. She had no idea where they were going, but she would know when they got there. He could drive as long as he wanted.

She'd be there whenever he decided to stop.

Ravenya sighing softly, hung her head and drifted back outside. She went to touch Emma's shoulder but curled her hands into a tight fist. She had no idea if Emma wanted her comfort or not. No idea how she even really felt about all of this. So, deciding not to push her luck, she drifted back to the hammock. She knelt beside Meredith to situate her better for the EMTs to find. She called 911 and ordered an ambulance, but after she'd hung up, she noticed something.

Meredith's face displayed signs of asphyxiation - suffocation.

"Emma," Ray called warily. "Would you come here for a moment, please?" When she arrived, Ray stood and backed away so Emma could look and have her space. When she seemed to catch on, Ray spoke in a low voice. "I don't think she went naturally. Look. The pillow - that's not how she slept. She laid her cheek on it and hugged it. Why would it be behind her head?"
‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎yennefer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby hell_hound » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:36 pm

Emma joined Ravenya at once, as if it was the most natural thing in the world. To her, it probably was. She stared down at Meredith’s body, taking note of the position of it in contrast with the pillow. She could confirm after spending several nights in the Clarke residence after Ravenya’s death that Meredith did, indeed, sleep hugging her pillow rather than having it behind her head. She touched Ray’s hand to draw it away from the body. If this was a crime scene, then the last thing they needed to do was touch everything. She relayed such caution to Ray before pulling her over to the opposite end of the patio. She dialed for the police, though she made certain they knew no one was in immediate danger, and then slipped her phone back in her pocket.

“They’re going to be here soon, but I don’t think they’re in any rush since no one is dying or being threatened,” she informed Ravenya. Then she sat down in one of the chairs, gesturing for Ray to join her. When the taller woman had, Emma sighed.

“I think we need to talk about, well, us - this,” she said. She used her hand to motion back and forth between them. “It’s been a while, Ray. I’m not entirely the same since you, er, left. I actually think I’m seeing someone. I’m not sure, though. It isn’t official. However, now that you’re back I… I want you, too. So what do I tell Kate? Then there’s Mary Jane to consider. Is she going to come back, too?”

River ended up pulling into an empty field. To anyone else it would simply be a seemingly endless sea of waving green grass and the occasional cluster of white and yellow flowers. However, to River Clarke this was the location of his first date with his Dr. Galaxy upon returning to England. He had brought her here alongside an armful of their favorite takeout, cheap wine and a bowl of chocolate covered strawberries. He hadn’t ever confessed to stealing the strawberries, though. He hadn’t wanted to ruin the memory of their “first” date.

He got out of the cab and hauled himself into the bed of his pickup. Legs dangling over the edge of the lowered tail, River buried his face in his hands and simply cried.

It was all he seemed to be able to do lately.
hell_hound

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

sometimes you've got to jaywalk

Postby ‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎yennefer » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:00 pm

Ravenya felt a cold shock of fear when a cackle left her lips - as if Mary Jane had gone to a heavenly place after teeth. Clearing her throat, Ray let her hand float the the back of her head, where she ran her hands through it awkwardly - a nervous tick. She drew in her lower lip as Emma spilled the truth about Kate. She smiled through her chewing though, as she pictured her lanky, willowy best friend with her wife. No negative emotions welled beneath her skin. If anyone had to fall in love with her extraordinary love, she had to say she preferred Kate Montgomery over the many other options that would have been more than happy to snag her.

"I will always love you," she told Emma. "And I will always want you to be happy. I care about Kate, too. I don't think I've ever thought of her romantically, but if she wouldn't mind sharing you, I wouldn't mind, myself. Mary Jane wasn't part of our experiments. We didn't trust her enough. Unfortunately, she's lost. Her soul had already moved on by the time I got there. Andy said she was... restless. She had the desire to continue on. Regardless, though, I want you and Kate to enjoy what you have. If that means I need to leave, so you can live your best life, I will. If you ask me to stay, I will be here for as long as you want me. I want you to do what you want to do. if that means moving on from me is what you need, then I'll shut the program down myself. Just tell me what you want, Emma. It's yours."

"Oh, River," Andy muttered under her breath. She slowed, watching him peel off into their field - then she carried on. She went to the grocery store, where she grabbed them a case of beer, chocolate covered strawberries, and their favorite "I'm Sad" snacks. When she came back she knew exactly where River would be. Grabbing the plush blanket she'd stolen - because she wasn't about to pay fifty dollars for a freaking blanket - Andy left her car and approached the truck bed.

She flung the blanket inside, then a hand appeared with a paper sack. River's truck stood far taller than she did - even though she'd whined for all their years together for him to get a new one. She was admittedly happy to see he never got rid of it. She used the tire and the sides of the truck to crawl her way into the bed. She fell into it on her side with a grunt, mumbling about how it wasn't fair to expect her to be coordinated after being dead for so long.

She had the blanket out and wrapped around River in half a second. Then she placed his favorite snacks all in a line beneath his nose. Lastly, she opened the carton of strawberries and popped a few in her mouth. She hummed with delight. She didn't need to eat anymore, no, but that didn't mean she didn't enjoy every last bite. Damn Ravenya and her makeshift tastebud technology.

"Today sucks," Andy said, true to her blunt and curt humor. "If it makes you feel any better, we made a place for all of you. Houses. Anything you could personally want. Where she went - it's beautiful, River. I can't imagine she'll be unhappy. We made certain everyone we loved would have all their heart desires. But... that doesn't take away the pain. I know that. And so does everyone else. Whatever you need, River, I'll get it for you. I'll, uh, let you mourn in peace."

She started to shift away, having decided she was probably the last person he wanted to see.
‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎yennefer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me