1 x 1 VOK Roleplay with MySpoons

If you only want to roleplay with one other person, or only with certain people, then you can do so here (any genre).
Forum rules
Remember, all content must remain child-friendly at all times!
Users breaking this rule by using foul language, roleplaying explicit sexual scenes, excessive violence/torture, non-consensual 'romance', or other adult themes may be banned.

Dylan 25

Postby MySpoons » Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:55 am

Felicity starts cleaning her paws. "We've quite a few servants in the pride. From all the successful wars and campaigns won by any one of the Champion Kings. It's not really a point of pride for me-- or some of the other lower-ranked lions... but it's helpful. They usually do the most taxing or dangerous work."

Robineye's ears flick back towards Felicity when she starts talking.

"It's not recommended to talk to them or get close," Felicity continues. "Some are only required to serve for a few years but it all depends on their hailing pride. Anyways, I'm glad it's not me."

"A few smaller prides reside on our lands-- mostly prides who have been acquired through treaties or campaigns in the past. I do not require all lions to live and join my pride. As it is unnecessary, but also I do not want to force those who are not necessarily... eager to become a part of the pride." Dylan explains. The Champion Kings are well known for successful wars. It is rare to only face one of the brothers in combat. At least two or three brothers join the same campaign at all times.

It is a time of relative peace, though, as the closest prides were conquered almost a year ago.

[[okay with time-skipping? I'm chill with going all the way to arriving at Dylan's pride, or perhaps the first night of traveling. Either works for me. Also I don't mind not time skipping c: ]]
MySpoons

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Nthanda

Postby -Isabella- » Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:09 am

"I see. My pride is similar in that way." Her gaze lowered to her paws a moment. "War captives are sometimes lucky other times not as much."

"And those only required to serve a few years can leave once their service is done?" She asked,

"That is wise I think, to not force them." Nthanda seemed to be paying attention as he spoke, truly interested in learning more about the pride.

Nthanda was glad she'd not be trying ti acclimate during a time of war at least.

[[If arriving at his pride works for you I'm fine skipping to that^^]]
-Isabella-

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Dylan 26

Postby MySpoons » Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:07 pm

Felicity arches an eyebrow, ever curious for gossip. "Oh? Do tell. I'm curious to know about your pride. So far your princess hasn't said much."

Felicity nods in response to Ketura's question. "Usually. King Dylan requires a certain number of years of service per pride, depending on how costly the event was-- if it's a treaty that was made out of desperation on their end, it is usually a low number. But it really all depends on how the pride wants to distribute the time around."

Felicity explains a lot to Ketura, both during the resting period and when they travel from late evening to dusk. It is general cultural information about King Dylan's pride: how it's large and the main pride is mostly reserved for ranking lords, ladies, and knights-- the best hunters and fighters of the lands. The lands around it are home to the assimilate pride that provide the labor and raw materials needed.

It is quite a wealthy pride. The Champion Kings trade amongst each other as much as they can, preferring to be self-sufficient within the family. Dylan's pride's specialty is artisan crafts such as ceremonial or expensive garments, cloths, furs and leather, and any decoration that is not metalwork.

It may become clear to Ketura that Felicity is quite different 'off-duty' than when she is working. The young lioness is chatty and enjoys a good gossip when she has the time. She has a lot of opinions about the pride she works for-- but nothing she says is specific to any lion or lioness... and she is careful to not say anything that could be interpreted as unfavorable about the royalty.

Dylan nods in agreement. "It would not do-- I do not want dissent to grow so close to home. My home should be peaceful." The King is clearly steadfast in his opinion of separating the 'loyal' pride members from those who were absorbed into his pride at a later date. "Their children, perhaps, may have a chance to live in the mainlands. It all depends on their parents and their pride."

King Dylan stays to chat a bit more about his pride, talking about the beautiful work done in the mainlands. Dylan's pride is mostly focused on artisan works. He gestures to the finely woven canopy as an example of master craftsmanship. It is not particularly detailed with color (since all the sun it blocks during travel would bleach it) but the cloth is woven with beautiful patterns.

When it is time to travel again, he bids Divine and Princess Nthanda a good evening before trotting off to rejoin Patton. A royal messenger had crafted a message to Dylan's brother, Ivan, and the King reviewed it before sending the messenger running off into the night.

When they make camp for the night, Divine and Princess Nthanda share a tent. Not the most luxurious, but there is enough space for the princess to rest comfortably without being crowded. Only the royals recieve tents. The important attendants such as Patton, Felicity, and Ketura, and ranking guard members may sleep under a few smaller canopies.

The servants sleep out under the stars. It is a nice enough night, but even if it wasn't, they're too exhausted to do anything but fall asleep quickly.

[[feel free to add whatever information you want for the time skip! my next post will be a little more info of the outskirts of Dylan's pride as they arrive to the mainlands]]
Last edited by MySpoons on Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MySpoons

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Nthanda

Postby -Isabella- » Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:45 pm

"Sometimes war captives stay a short time in service then leave, other times they are bound for years or life."

"I see. Sensible I suppose," Ketura responded with a slight nod.

Ketura tells her that their home is similar, the nobility and Guard occupying the main area while the hunters, foragers, and any other kind of laborers occupy places outside the main section of the territory. The Guard keeps an eye on what goes on all over the territory and reports to the King.

Their pride values beautiful things so jewelry, decor items, and fashionable garments are all things that the pride's most valued workers are good at making. While they will trade with outside prides, such trades are very carefully considered and weighed. The best of these are usually kept in circulation among themselves or prides they might be closely allied with.

Over time talking to Felicity Ketura became a little less quiet and seemed to be a good natured, amiable lioness. She too is careful what she says about her pride, mostly talking about the land and trade. But she does share that she has always enjoyed serving the princess and her mother and that Nthanda is not difficult to serve so she is glad to accompany her.

"Do their children often make such a request, to live in the mainlands? Or are most content where they've grown up?" Nthanda asked.

Having been raised and taught to appreciate fine works such as this Nthanda seemed genuine in praising the craftsmanship of the canopy. She even shared some information on some of the things her pride would create, seeming just a little more vibrant and easy going as she was talking, though the formality still remained to some degree.

The princess wished him a good evening in return.

Nthanda didn't fall asleep quickly, contemplating her future and what she had managed to learn of the king. But despite everything on her mind in time she did drift off, too tired to stay awake and comforted in kmowing her bodyguard was outside not too far away.

Over the rest of the journey Nthanda did her best to get to know Divine and learn more about the pride and the lions traveling with them. When an oppertunity presented itself she tried to get to know the king somewhat too.

She opened up some to them both but still had plenty of secrets to keep. Without her father's constant presence she did find she had an easier time relaxing somewhat

By the time she learned from Divine that they were close to the pride she couldn't have said if she was more nervous or eager about getting there. Perhaps some of both. She was eager to see the territory, but also wary as might be expected.

[[Okay:)]]
-Isabella-

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Dylan 27

Postby MySpoons » Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:01 pm

Felicity enjoys Ketura's company, always happy to have another attendant to join her ranks. When it is time to go in the morning, though, she is quiet and efficient-- qualities that resulted in her being picked for as an attendant to Divine.

"Sometimes it happens-- it is actually a point of concern for the guard if a pride is having no lions request to live in the mainlands." It means a pride is holding onto a lot of resentment if the cubs are growing up and not wanting to join the vibrant life of the mainlands. There are so many more opportunities there.

For the rest of the journey in the morning, Divine spends the time telling Nthanda about the area they travel through. It only takes two hours to reach the outskirts. The Pride of Ohtli is one of the largest in the outskirts, conquered two generations ago and now prospering on the best land outside of the mainland. Ohtil's son, Oxotl, is a fine leader who is a lead hunter. The pride tends to provide many hunters and warriors to the Champion King-- and is richly rewarded for their service.

Mighty Thunder is a recent acquirement, their lands located more to the dryer south. The pride had made the foolish decision to attack a different pride in the outskirts for resources-- and was quickly defeated by King Dylan's forces. Their numbers are somewhat small, only about ten lions or so after the bloodshed. More than half the pride serves the Champion King and is not at home.

As they reach the mainlands, the path becomes decorated with neatly cut stones on the side and poles with torches on them stand at good intervals to light up the sky when it is dark. On the way in there were a scattering of structures here and there, mostly rest spots or lookout perches of piled wood and rock with brightly colored cloth ontop.

Divine's pace picks up when they crest the hill overlooking the heart of the mainlands-- the camp is now visible. It is an organized plan of concentric circles. In the center is a large gathering place and a huge stone platform. Off to the side is a religious structure, and opposite to that is the royal dens.

In the second most inner section is the nobility. Dens, spaces to lounge and eat together. The artisans and guard make up the next area, with workshops clustered at regular intervals between large communal dens. On the very edge is the hunters and gathers-- the leaders of their sectors. The wealth and quality of materials grows in value as they travel towards the center. But even the hunters and gatherers are more wealthy than the neighboring prides. The prosperity of the Champion King's pride is clearly concentrated in the mainlands.

"We've made it, finally!" Divine exclaims. Now that the party had arrived within eye-sight, more lions are coming out to take a look.

"Dylan didn't want to overwhelm you with a welcoming party-- or if you hadn't decided to join us after all. We can have a feast tonight, or even tomorrow in your celebration. Whatever you'd prefer!" Divine had clearly been waiting to share the news for some time now.

White banners start to be raised as the procession approaches the camp. The symbol on it is a black circle with seven triangles on the edge. In the center is Dylan's royal mark: two lines making a half circle to the right. [[like a capital 'D' without the line]].

"Welcome, Nthanda!" Divine's tail is raised high in the air. More and more faces are peeking out of the structures.
Last edited by MySpoons on Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MySpoons

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Nthanda

Postby -Isabella- » Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:30 pm

"That would make sense," Nthanda said. She knew all too well how division in a pride could be troublesome and even downright dangerous.

Nthanda listened closely to everything Divine told her so she would remember later. She knew from experience it was important to know both a pride's past and present to really understand it.

Along the path she noted the different structures and how neatly put together everything was.

Seeing the camp Nthanda was immediately curious, taking it all in calmly. It wasn't too different from her own home in some ways, a fact she wasn't sure she could call comforting but perhaps convenient at least.

It occured to Nthanda briefly that one thing she didn't know yet was where exactly she'd be expected to stay if the marriage went through. She suspected it hadn't been mentioned for her own sake, so she wouldn't feel nervous or rushed perhaps. She had to admit the wealth of it was impressive. Briely to occured to her that her father would be pleased but she pushed that thought aside, not wanting to think of his approval or disapproval right now.

"It's a lovely place," Nthanda told Divine, feeling the word was inadequate really but wanting to express that at least.

Nthanda smiled a little. "Whatever is most convenient is perfectly fine with me."

Divine's excitement and welcoming nature made it hard for Nthanda not to smile, so she did, the warmth of it lighting up her eyes briefly in a way her attendant and Guard had seldom seen. Now her gaze calmly and subtly roamed over the various structures and whatever lions were visible.
-Isabella-

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Dylan 28

Postby MySpoons » Fri Nov 22, 2019 3:10 am

Divine smiles, a prance still in her step. "How about tonight? It'll give you time to get settled in, but it'll let everyone come to meet you!" She says, meaning the nobility. There are quite a few noble families who are more than eager to get a glimpse of the foreign princess.

The road they walk through that leads to the center of the camp is the widest one, paved with smooth sandstone. There is plenty of space on either side of the road so the structures are not crowded in. A few lions actually stand outside in greeting-- but most of them peer out, pausing whatever tasks they're tending to. No one here will dare to stop the procession in the artisan sector.

Closer in, though...

King Dylan forces a smile upon his face when Knight Ulric appears, bowing before he steps onto the road alongside Patton. Knight Ulric is a large dark brown lion with a few black marks and ticking on his legs. Very nosy but very good at combat, unfortunately. A white and black sash of King Dylan's standard is fastened around his shoulders with an ornate gold ring.

"Good morning, King Dylan. Glorious day, isn't it? I hope the treaty went well." The knight's black eyes scan the party-- and stop on the unfamiliar lioness next to Princess Divine. "Picked up another bride, I see?"

Dylan's response is a soft growl that barely makes it out of his throat. Quiet enough for only the knight to hear. "Mind yourself, Ulric."

Knight Ulric is not easily reprimanded. "Yes, my manners. How rude of me." Before King Dylan can stop Ulric, the knight strides over to Princess Divine and the strange lioness. He bows, deeply, even deeper than he did for the King. "Princess Divine, you look as lovely as ever."

Divine barely inclines her head-- she's not very excited to see the knight so soon.

Felicity steps in to do the introduction, as is her duty. "Princess Nthanda, this is Knight Ulric. Knight Ulric, the princess will be staying with us for now."
MySpoons

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Nthanda

Postby -Isabella- » Fri Nov 22, 2019 3:47 am

"That will be fine." The younger princess smiled a little at Divine's enthusiasm.

Nthanda was relieved not to be immediately ambushed by curious lions at least, still just taking everything in.

Princess Nthanda saw the knight approach and speak to the king, though she didn't hear what he said. She paid attention to how they seemed to react to each other though, or what she could tell anyway.

When the knight approached her gaze fell on him. DIvine's lack of enthusiasm in greeting him made her wonder if he was not well liked, or if maybe the princess just didn't want to be bothered by anyone so soon.

One Felicity had made the introduction Nthanda inclined her head in a polite but formal greeting, her blue eyes calm as she took in the knight's appearance. Behind her she felt her bodyguard movd just a little closer, cautious as always.
-Isabella-

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Dylan 29

Postby MySpoons » Fri Nov 22, 2019 3:59 am

Knight Ulric is not at all deterred by the less than enthusiastic greeting he gets. He bows again, specifically to Princess Nthanda.

"My, what a pleasure it is to meet you, Princess!" The Knight's default mood is flirty. "Excuse me for saying this, Princess Divine, but you may have met your match in beauty," Ulric says with a wink to Divine, his attention not straying from Nthanda's for more than a moment.

Divine's tail tip twitches. "No harm, Ulric." She allows after a pause. The older princess knows Ulric's words mean little-- he'll chat up any lioness not related to him. Unfortunately-- in the Champion King's land as a relative to Dylan's father, that is harder than not. But the knight won't dare to step on the King's toes if the new princess really is to be the Champion King's bride.

Felicity tries to intervene on behalf of the princesses. "Good day to you, Sir Ulric." She ushes Robineye closer with her tail. "Would the princesses care for some water?" Divine's attendant stands at an angle in front of Ulric, partially blocking him from approaching further.

Ulric is not so easily thwarted. He sidesteps Felicity and nudges Robineye out of the way with a muscular shoulder. He spots another attendant with things he does not recognize-- the new princess's?

"May you be so gracious as to allow me to bring in your things, Princess Nthanda?" Ulric asks, moving to relieve the likely flustered attendant of their burden. "To the King's chambers, I presume?"
MySpoons

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Nthanda

Postby -Isabella- » Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:36 am

Nthanda had met lions like him before so didn't get flustered but did remain cautious, in part not wishing to encourage him.

"Likewise I'm sure." Her tone was polite and civil but nothing more. At his comment about Divine she found herself wondering if he had offended the older princess at all.

Princess Nthanda would assume he'd not wish to irritate or dishonor the king, but of course that might not stop him from saying whatever he liked, even if he couldn't or wouldn't act on it.

Before Nthanda could respond the Knight had moved closer again. Her attendant was watching quietly, keeping an eye on her princess as always.

"Where I will be staying has not yet been discussed, and as I don't wish to intrude on anyone I suppose you'd have to ask Princess Divine or your king about the matter," she responded calmly and with a slight smile.

Her attendant had leaned back a little, not sure what to do. But her bodyguard stepped forward somewhat so he was shoulder to shoulder with Ketura.
-Isabella-

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me