Vadelice: A New Era

If you only want to roleplay with one other person, or only with certain people, then you can do so here (any genre).
Forum rules
Remember, all content must remain child-friendly at all times!
Users breaking this rule by using foul language, roleplaying explicit sexual scenes, excessive violence/torture, non-consensual 'romance', or other adult themes may be banned.

Vadelice: A New Era

Postby PeterPeladon » Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:40 pm

The City of Vadelice was once a prosperous medieval city. Now, though, it is nothing but a chaotic mess. Among other things, the king, Renigald VI, is vainly struggling to maintain power as his son Renigald VII tries to take it for himself. On top of it all, not one but three of the richest families of Vadelice are just as power crazy, and they're up in arms against both the royal family and each other. The Malgamo family has established a stronghold in the north of the city, the Rilio Family has holed up in the port at the south of the town, the Eleggio family is in the western area of Vadelice, and the king and his son both still live in the same castle, in the eastern area of the city, secretly gathering arms against each other.
With all of the groups vying for power, who knows what may happen next! There may even be more groups here with their own sinister conquering schemes! The citizens of Vadelice are not safe, the city cannot prosper under these conditions...what Vadelice really needs is peace. But who could possibly bring peace to this city?
PeterPeladon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Vadelice: A New Era

Postby PeterPeladon » Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:46 pm

(jaku_cubby invited)
(Chao-Rong invited)
(Shoop invited)
(lukew invited)
Last edited by PeterPeladon on Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PeterPeladon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PeterPeladon » Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:49 pm

Welcome to Vadelice! A few reminders:

Please remember to not assume the actions of other characters in your posts. Contact someone if you need to confirm what they would do.

Try to keep posts to a reasonable length in general. A post is meant to be one (or a few) actions, not an entire scene. Always cut off in time to give others chances to react. This is important to maintain the flow of the narrative.

Finally, always try your very best to act in character and to have fun!
Last edited by PeterPeladon on Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PeterPeladon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby jaku_cubby » Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:23 pm

In the spacious castle of Renigald VI, there lived a young man named Merek, who had loyally served the king since he was of age to join the Royal Guard at age 16. During his time working for the king, he worked his way up through the ranks until he was promoted to Vice-Chief of the Royal Guard, as well as having a command of his own in the Royal Army should the need arise. His role as Vice-Chief of the Royal Guard didn't exactly consist of much other than administrative duties and overseeing patrol shifts, and his military command was only in war-time, so they held relatively little true power. However, having earned the king's trust in his 11 years of service to him, Merek has a lot of liberty within the castle walls when not on duty for the Royal Guard, largely because Merek had developed a deep friendship with the king's son, Renigald VII.

Merek grew up not knowing his mother, and lived with his old grandfather until he could strike out on his own. His father was murdered by a suspected member of the Ellegio family when Merek and him were on a trip to a nearby port to pick up supplies. Merek was only 11 at that time when he witnessed his father pierced by an arrow in the driver's seat of the cart next to where Merek was seated. Though he escaped physically unscathed, he was left permanently emotionally scarred by the traumatic attack. To this day, Merek still seeks to discover who murdered his father in cold blood, and why they would commit such a heinous crime.

Driven by the tradegy in his youth, Merek trained in many skills: with the knife, bow, and most importantly his own hands; any weapon he might use. He also became proficient in how to survive the cold unforgiving wilderness, as well as the cruel streets and alleys. His cunning mind and physical ability make him very dangerous, but his eagerness is a strength and a weakness. He became experienced in infiltration, espionage, and spying; essentially anything the crown asked him to do, because Renigald VI saw him as a dependable force he could trust.

However, many rumors have begun to circulate in the palace, and have spread even beyond the gates. Usually a wary, but still trusting person, Merek has found that it has become more and more difficult to know who he can trust in these increasingly shadowy times...
jaku_cubby

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PeterPeladon » Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:57 am

(From here on out, try to remember to indicate both main character and setting at the top of posts. This rule adds clarity to the posts running in parallel to each other, and ought only be broken extremely rarely.)
Last edited by PeterPeladon on Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PeterPeladon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PeterPeladon » Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:12 pm

(One final note: When dialogue occurs, every character will have a specific color. Try to keep the colors the same for each character as we progress, though there may be at some future point multiple characters with the same color. There are only so many colors.)
Last edited by PeterPeladon on Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PeterPeladon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shoop » Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:21 pm

At one time, Vadelice may have once been prosperous, but there is never a lack of poor, worthless, lawbreaking fellows within any city. And from that stagnant pool of criminals the boy Raupheld began his life. As he grew, the young lad's parents discovered that their son was an extraordinarily brilliant young man who possesed the gift of photographic memory and spent many nights plotting ways to use their son to accomplish their wretched desires. Yet sitting deep within Raupheld was indecision. He enjoyed the rush of excitement that came upon him when he broke the law and although he recognized that this was wrong, his ungodly desires tugged him away from these thoughts. One day, when well into his teenage years, the "good" side won out momentarily and Raupheld fled his corrupt abode. Using his street smarts to his advantage, he took refuge in an abandoned storage room inside the royal library where he read every single book he could obtain, becoming a brilliant young man in the process, fluent in many subjects including mathematics, strategy, engineering, and especially the art of deception as well as procuring an expertise in the martial arts and parkour. However, because of the books that he read in the Royal Library, he was slightly influenced toward the Royalty, even though he still held all parties to be simple quarreling parties superficially. Throughout all of this learning, he did not let his physical skills wane. The young man's skills with a blade (specifically, but not limited to hunting and carving knife fighting ;) ) became impressive just like his newfound street-fighting skills and because of this (and maybe his ego a little) Raupheld dubbed himself Neo, which means "the one with knowledge and skill." Yet despite all this, there is a nagging pull deep within Neo telling him that he should be part of a cause, sometimes he believes it should be the Royal one. No, all around there is gluttony, lust, and avarice; none of these parties hold much worth. He must find a wise guide, a mentor, someone to set him on a worthy path, someone to prevent him form exercising his occasional evil desires, and most importantly, someone who DESERVES extreme loyalty, so extreme that Neo will follow this person through all types of danger, and even unto death. If this mentor is found, Neo believes that the dissent among all the parties can be resolved. All would either naturally give him their allegiance as their leader, or he would take it by force...
Shoop

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lukew » Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:41 pm

Vadelice Character Bio
Narrative:

Jerking awake to reality, a startled man stares around at his blurry cold surroundings. All dark. A beating headache, full body soreness, and a tremendous weight of fatigue bear upon him. A foreign voice speaks, "He is ready for execution..." Confused and unorganized questions streamed into the man's head as the voice continued, "Also, this stays between us... the head guard mustn't know about this... you'll get own reward outside your normal pay." The man hears metal doors opening, and unsteady torchlight illuminates a small stone jail cell. The man is in a heavy wooden stockade on wheels, which one from the a number of guards at the doorway approaches and unlocks, and the man slinks out, crumpling on the cold floor. The man turns looks up and sees the guard with his sword already drawn back to strike him. The guard, caught off guard by the fact that the man was in fact conscious, hurriedly plunges the sword forward, but the man avoids the attack, instantly rolling aside. With the guards body bent forward and down, at the apex of his swing, the man, on the floor, instinctively grapples his sword arm and uses the guard's momentum, and his own legs, to propel the attacker over his head behind him. As this guard hits the floor, the man darts his eyes to the other guards with the torches at the door (there were three), and all charging in with their weapons out. The man kicks the massive stockade at them, stopping all three, giving him enough time to get up and kick the first guard's head with his bare foot. The three guards recovered separately, and the man deflected the 2nd and 3rd guards' attacks by stepping aside and throwing them to the floor. In this, the man then looked up, receiving a powerful punch to the jaw from the 4th. The man stumbled back onto the 3rd guard, but hastily grabbed his sword and killed the advancing 4th. Then he immediately found himself in a tight headlock from the 3rd, but turned the sword around and plunged it into his belly, and ran away from the others down the dark corridor. The guards behind shouted for others, but the man already had found a window, saw the moon above and dark, chilling water far below, and jumped out, and far, hoping that the water was deep enough to catch him in what was probably a thirty foot drop. The landing felt light an explosion of ice to him, the world became completely dark as he plunged below, and thankfully the water was just deep enough; he gently hit the rocky bottom near the end of the descent, and he pushed up towards the surface. He broke it, but his body was in such shock from the extreme cold that he struggled to swim properly. But he fought to stay at the surface, and as the water left his ears he heard many guards shouting from above, so he began to swim from the prison and into the night. He couldn't remember anything from before waking up in the cell, he couldn't remember who he was, but he had some type of fighting skills, which he knew well enough to employ as instinct. He also noticed that he was a very strong swimmer (obviously boys), and had already put considerable distant between him and the dimly lit island that he had jumped from, and with an ease that allowed him the focus on this reflection. He had no idea where he was. He took in the geography, seeing that this island prison was only about a half mile from what seemed to be the mainland, and that he had jumped from a window that was facing away from it. He began to swim around the island towards this. He now was used to the cold water temperatures. Facing towards the mainland was the prison harbor, and he saw written at the head of the harbor, "The Royal Penitentiary." Why he ended up there, he had no idea. He saw lots of commotion, probably having to do with his escape, so he headed back to the mainland. Later reaching the shore, he found shelter and slept, thankful that it was a warm night. The next day, he trekked inland and reached the city of Vadelice, where he has been wandering around in for only a few short days.........
lukew

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Enter King Renigald VI

Postby PeterPeladon » Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:37 am

Merek - Renigald VI's castle

One spring afternoon, as Merek was going about his business, he was approached in a hallway by King Renigald VI, who was accompanied by a thin, nervous looking man whom Merek had never seen before.

Long live the king! Merek greeted Renigald VI cheerfully Who is this?

Rengald VI paused a moment. Ah, yes, Merek. You know things have been starting to feel a little more . . . tense around my kingdom lately. Just to careful, I've hired a new inventory clerk to make sure I can continue to maintain order in the castle. He has discovered something slightly unnerving. Care to tell, Ferrin?

The nervous man spoke up, quietly enough that it was difficult to hear him, but gaining confidence as he continued.Ah . . . well, hello. Uh, I'm Ferrin, see, and I was looking through a whole bunch of accounting records, when, well, I noticed something a little odd. It happened a few years ago; I'm not sure it's very important, but I somewhere along the line a few weapons disappeared from the Royal Armory. One longbow, one broadsword, I think a dagger, several arrows. Around the same time a couple of carving knives disappeared from the kitchen (those were replaced a few weeks later). It was a long time ago, but his Highness said he wanted to make sure absolutely everything was in order in the castle, so I decided to, uh, . . .

That's enough, Ferrin. Renigald, friendly but with an air of importance, looked thoughtfully at Merek. Even though this disappearance happened years ago, and there is little chance of actually finding the missing weapons, it still means that there may be some unguarded way of entering the castle. As I'm sure you can understand, I wish to be extremely on the safe side. Rumors have been flying recently. You are well aware that my guard patrols are having a harder time than ever keeping the peace in Vadelice. My castle must remain safe if I am to have time to deal with this unrest among the more powerful families of Vadelice. I would like you to organize a complete search of castle, bottom to top. I need to be certain that there is no way in or out that remains unguarded. Every room must be thoroughly searched. Do you understand, Merek?
Last edited by PeterPeladon on Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PeterPeladon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Into Vadelice

Postby PeterPeladon » Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:17 pm

Identity Unknown - Vadelice

The man had been wandering around the busy streets for a few days. Though he had found opportunities to drink water here and there, he had had less luck with food and was beginning to feel quite hungry. One kind baker had given him a loaf of bread yesterday, but in his wanderings he'd lost track of where that bakery was, and other than that he had found nothing. On the street around him, he noticed a building called The Arrogant Finch, which appeared to be a tavern. Other buildings nearby included a tailor's shop, a farrier's workshop, and many houses. The street is loud and busy, the trotting of horses and conversations of the townsfolk creating a noisy, crowded atmosphere.
Last edited by PeterPeladon on Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PeterPeladon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me