one x one | –ʀʏɴɴ and andyy.

If you only want to roleplay with one other person, or only with certain people, then you can do so here (any genre).
Forum rules
Remember, all content must remain child-friendly at all times!
Users breaking this rule by using foul language, roleplaying explicit sexual scenes, excessive violence/torture, non-consensual 'romance', or other adult themes may be banned.

one x one | –ʀʏɴɴ and andyy.

Postby mew, » Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:15 pm

have you ever had an imaginary friend? the person who helped you through all the tough times as a kid even though they weren't really real? the one who, when you were going through the worst things in life, listened to and understood you? someone who was magical, amazing, and beautiful inside and out? well, what if someone told you that they were as real as you and me?

you all know the rules. don't post unless you're one of us.
mew,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

➵ ¢αѕѕισρєια ρση∂

Postby –ronnie » Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:28 pm

➵ cassiopeia pond
➵ "cassie"

➵ basics
➵ cassiopeia pond   
➵ human       
 ➵ 15(?) years old     
  ➵ thick new jersey accent

➵ personality
➵ positive; goofy, sweet, charming        
      ➵ neutral; sarcastic, quiet, creative, mild-tempered      
 ➵ negative; protective, hubris (deadly pride), stubborn

theme song

➵ ❝your forever is all that I need❞

➵ history
➵ this is a wip ^^         

➵ habits
➵ this is a wip ^^         

➵ physical traits
➵ light blonde, messy hair       
➵ blue eyes              
➵ short, probably around 5'2"      
➵ she's smol bean           
Last edited by –ronnie on Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
–ronnie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

who's to say you're real and i'm not?

Postby mew, » Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:26 am

elliot alexander grey
    nicknames. e, el, ellie, grey
    age. sixteen, born january second

personality
    + practical, kind, observant, patient, humorous, prudent
    - pessimistic, know-it-all, low self-esteem, self-blames

physical
    + 6', blue eyes, dark brown hair, thin build
    - lactose intolerant, allergic to peanuts

history
    as a young kid, elliot was made fun of for having a girl for a
    companion, unlike all the other boys who were a perfect m
    atch for their companion and the same gender. the human w
    orld quickly became more of a home to him than his own wo
    rld. even though they weren't meant to be together in the fi
    rst place, elliot grew extremely close to his human friend. n
    ot even the most experienced adults knew why elliot had a
    girl for a human friend, but by the time the mistake was ma
    de, it was irreversible. human and imaginary were inseparab
    le until they grew out of their bond. only, with elliot, that ne
    ver happened.
mew,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: one x one | –ʀʏɴɴ and andyy.

Postby mew, » Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:10 pm

The sounds of two young boys yelling at each other sounded faintly through the walls of my room as I lay on my back. Even though the bed beneath me was comfortable and allowed me to sink into it, I couldn't seem to sleep. "I wonder why" I thought bitterly. The two brothers, ages ten and twelve, just wouldn't shut up. "Get out of my bed, Jay!" the lower-pitched yet still high voice yelled, cracking mid-sentence.
    The higher, squeaky voice then replied, "This is my bed, doofus, get in your own! I get the top bunk!"
    A groan escaped me as I rolled over and buried my face in my pillow. It was no longer welcoming like it had been last night. Instead, it taunted me with its warmth and comfort, practically making fun of me for not being able to sleep. It must have been about four in the morning, though, and I was stuck here, in the eldest house of them all. The house filled with ten, eleven, and twelve-year-olds. They were almost all asleep except for Jay and Aaron, the most annoying siblings on the planet. The yelling paused for at least two minutes before the twelve-year-old, Aaron, complained to his brother loudly again. "Would you stop moving and just sleep?"
    Jay, the ten-year-old, snapped back, "Would you just shut up?"
    And with that, the arguing started up again.
    My bed let out a small creak as I slowly got up, sick of trying to sleep. It was still pitch dark outside, the thick mid-winter clouds completely blocking out the eerie silver-blue light that the moon and stars usually cast over the night. On most days, I could look out the window in my room and be able to see the backyard, but there was no light outside at the moment whatsoever. Thank you, winter, for making my life harder. Of course, in the front of the house, there was a light by the small, cracked, run-down road, but that was on the other side of the large but mostly empty house. With this knowledge, I knew what I planned on doing.
    Today was Cassie's birthday, but I hadn't yet finished her gift. I'd been working on it for a while, trying to figure out how I would make it work. I knew now what I was doing; I just needed a bit of time to finish it. Sure, I couldn't quite give it to her, but I could show it to her.
    I tried to ignore the arguing children in the room next to mine as I walked across my slightly large room and approached the old desk. The familiar dark, reddish wood was scratched and scarred from decades of use by other guardians before I moved into this room. I ran my left hand over the carved patterns in the drawers until I got to the loose, wooden handle of the top right drawer. Slowly, gently, and silently, I pulled open the drawer and searched for the knotted strings and beads that would soon be a bracelet. My hand found each organised section of the drawer, separated by pieces of cardboard I'd put together as dividers. "Pencils, erasers, pens, more pencils... aha!"
    I finally found the soft strings that were tied in small, tight knots to make only half a bracelet. With the strings, I had set the two remaining small, silver beads. I would have turned the light on to make sure that I had the right beads, but I was afraid of someone walking by and seeing the light from under my door. I'd heard Jason walking by only fifteen minutes ago, probably to go to the bathroom. There was no telling whether he'd stay up a while and have a snack or go back to bed, so I was trying to be even more careful than I usually would be. I'd just have to trust that I put them in the correct place yesterday.
    Minding the pair of shoes which I knew sat by my bed even if I couldn't see them, I walked around to the window that might as well have not been there if I couldn't get out. On some nights, the guardians would lock the windows and wait until just before the sun came up to unlock them. None of us knew why, but no one wanted to ask in fear of ruining the usually light and easygoing mood of the house.
    I had to stifle a small "yes!" of relief and excitement when I lifted the latch on the window with ease and slid it open. The glass was icy to the touch, which made sense because the air that rushed in through the open window from outside was more than cold enough to allow snow to fall instead of rain. It sent a wave of shivers through my skin and made me realise that my winter pyjamas weren't nearly warm enough to go outside even during midday this time of year. Quickly, I turned back and pulled one of the blankets out of the bunched-up covers on my bed. It had lost the warmth from my body when I had still been in bed, but that would quickly change with it wrapped tightly around my shoulders to protect me from the cold. I bunched up the thick, navy blue fuzzy blanket so I could climb out the window, bracelet and beads still in my left hand.
    My feet landed in the frosty grass with a light thud and crunch. The frost immediately melted under my feet, which were covered by a thick pair of fuzzy socks that I had gotten for my birthday from Jason. I regretted not putting on my shoes first. For a moment, I considered clambering back inside to put on my pair of old, worn-out converse, but I decided against it. I'd just go climb up the tree in the front yard and tuck my feet behind my knees or cover them with my blanket while I worked on the bracelet. Confident in my plan, I hurried around the house, over the frozen lawn, and to the front yard. The soft, yellow street light illuminated the yard just enough for me to see the huge, old ginkgo tree that stood firmly in front of the house.

(( I'm just going to stop here. If you would rather me continue until he goes to see her, let me know and I'll gladly write more c: ))
mew,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby –ronnie » Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:24 am

   The sound of a quiet early morn ensued as I laid in bed, staring up at the stars.
   The best part about living in an old observatory was being able to sleep under the stars. The worst part about it was when the sun rose too early, and caused you to fall out of your bed trying to turn a direction to get the sun out of your eyes.
   But until the sun rose, I was accompanied by myself, shining bright in the stars. The constellation of Cassiopeia stared down back at me and it made me smile. Happy Birthday, Cassiopeia, it seemed to say. My favorite of the five-starred constellation, Caph, seemed to shine brighter tonight, outshining the rest of them. It was rare, because it wasn't the biggest star. Perhaps that was my gift.
   I continued to think about the stars when I heard footsteps come up the stairs. I looked over and saw Caden, my little brother. He was holding his pillow, his brown hair messy and his green eyes half-way shut. "Cassie? I can't sleep, can I sleep with you?" he asked politely. I nodded, scooting over and allowing him to lay down beside me.
   For the longest time, it was just me and Caden. My mom had two children to support by herself after dad left, so she was constantly working. Now she just works nights, and comes home in the mornings. Yeah, maybe she's asleep the majority of the day,
but she's still there when I come home everyday, her blonde hair shining in the kitchen light as she cooks.
   Perhaps that's why it was okay that she missed the first hours of my birthday. I knew that she would be home later and make me dinner, and give me a present she probably got on her way home. I would be able to hug her and smell her hair and feel her warmth.
   "Cas?" My brother called, turning towards me. "Yeah?" I responded, my eyes on the sky. "Happy birthday." I smiled and I looked at him. "Thank you, squirtle," I chuckled, turning on the radio to an old 50s throwback station and humming along until he fell asleep again.
   An hour or so later, I got out of bed, walking into my closet and changing into suitable clothes. I walked over to a small control panel in my room and hit a button, letting the defrosters my mom had installed warm and melt the snow off of the windows. I slipped into one of my dad's old leather jackets and slipped out to the fire escape, climbing up a thin iron railing to the top of the glass and sitting in the middle, where it was metal instead of glass. I held the blanket close to my body and looked out to the stars above me, feeling peaceful. I could hear the old 50s music ring out of the window that I left cracked open. I hope today is a good birthday. I'd be able to spend it with my brother and one of my best friends- Elliot. My heart sped up at the thought of seeing him. Maybe a wish I made under these same stars many, many years ago will come true.
   I smiled at the thought as I looked up at the sky just a little bit longer, and even though it could've just been my eyes-
   I could've sworn one of the stars winked.

I haven't done a real literate rp in a while so i hope this is okay? ^^
–ronnie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mew, » Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:11 am

After climbing up into the thick, rough branches, I settled in between two of the bare branches and the trunk. The soft yellow light from the streetlight made it so I could see what I was doing with the strings and beads that would soon be a full bracelet. I found a comfortable position and started twisting the strings in the pattern which I had memorised two days ago. Over. Back. Under. Through. Pull. Over. Back. Under. Through. Pull. My right hand held the bracelet and strings that I wasn't using at the moment while my left hand pulled the single string in small knots. I had chosen three colours of string for this bracelet: indigo like a clear, summer's night sky, white like the twinkling stars that resided in that mesmerising, never-ending abyss of space, and silver like the brighter stars that made up the most prominent of the constellations. The indigo and white strings alternated to made a v-shape, which I knew was known as the pattern called "Chevron." The silver string appeared at least once in every row to make a pattern almost like a "w" along the middle of the bracelet. At each point in the "w" shape was a minuscule, silver seed bead that signified each of the stars is the constellation, Cassiopeia. My hands worked quickly and automatically as if I had been doing this my whole life. It was an easy, simple pattern to learn, and one of many which I had recently learned.
    As I worked, time passed quicker than I realised. It wasn't long, or so it seemed, until the sky began to brighten with the signs of sunlight. Of course, this meant that it was far later than I thought. On an average day, the clear sky would get brighter before the sun was near the horizon like when someone is trying not to laugh, but another person says something funny enough to make the beginnings of a smile appear on everyone's faces. Today, though, the sunlight was blocked by a thick layer of dark purple and grey clouds that stretched from horizon to horizon. The world seemed to be a lot darker than usual today. I guessed that there was a storm coming soon, although what the clouds and temperatures would bring us, I was unsure. I only knew that if I didn't hurry and get back inside, one of the guardians would figure out that I snuck out and they'd have to lock my window for the rest of the week. Again.
    Hurriedly, I made the last two knots with the white string and tied the ends around my right wrist then pushed myself off the tree branch. When I landed on the ground, my feet immediately felt the frost melting once again. The ground was hard and frozen. My breath billowed out in white clouds which were easier to see now that it was light out. I didn't waste any time getting back to my room and scrambling back through the window, which was still colder than the bitter-cold air outside. Just as I slid the window's latch back into place, there was a knock on my door. I cursed quietly, glancing in the mirror that hung above the desk to examine my face quickly. My ears, nose, and cheeks were a rosy tint of pink from the winter air. "Elliot, are you awake?" I heard the familiar deep voice of the forty-two-year-old guardian outside my door.
    "Yeah, I'm awake. Give me a second, Adam! I'm getting dressed!" I replied quickly as I pulled a random shirt and pair of jeans from my dresser. The shirt I had grabbed was dark green and close-fitting, but that didn't matter much as I put a light grey sweatshirt over it. The pants I'd taken were ripped, black skinny jeans, which I knew Adam didn't like even if they hadn't come that way. I didn't care much about that, though. I pulled off the pyjama pants and put one leg through the pant leg. My foot caught on the rip in the knee. I hadn't anticipated this, so when I tried to put my foot down, I tripped and fell forward onto my bed. Apparently, Adam was waiting for me, because when he heard the thud of half of my body hitting the wood floor, he asked, "Elliot? Are you okay?"
    "Yes, yeah, I'm fine!" By now, the rosy pink colour in my face had faded. I stood up, finally having the jeans on correctly, and opened the door. Adam was standing there looking at me like I had done something wrong. My heart seemed to stop for a moment when I met his serious amber eyes. "... Hi?..."
    "Elliot... You were outside again, weren't you?"
    I froze, the fake smile I'd put on staying on my face for a moment before faltering. "No. Why would you think that?"
    "I saw you," he said simply.
    I cursed again, but to myself. Adam put a hand on my shoulder. "You might be sixteen, but that doesn't mean that the rules don't apply to you. You know what I need to do now, right?"
    I sighed and looked away, nodding. "... Yeah... I know. I have to go, though... It's Cassie's birthday and I wanted to show her this." I held up the bracelet I'd made.
    Adam looked down at it, pretended to care, then said, "Alright, then." The look he fixed me with was something I'd learned to recognise a long time ago. Three years ago, to be exact. It was a look of confusion, concern, and pity. "Don't stay out too late again, okay? You can't keep breaking the rules or you're not going to be able to leave at all."
    "Yeah, I know. I'll be back before ten," I replied lightly before pushing past Adam. "I should probably stop making promises that I know I'm not going to keep," I thought to myself. "It's Cassie's birthday. I don't want to come back at ten." With just that thought, I left to where I knew Cassie lived.

I appeared there as usual, just where I wanted to on the old fire escape. "Cassie!" I called out to my friend, waiting for her patiently. It was still early, but by now, the sun was up. It was just well-hidden by the dense storm clouds in the sky.

- no, that's actually pretty good. I'm used to having a faster rp with shorter replies, but I kind of want to take this a bit slower and write actual good replies. this is kind of giving me more inspiration to write the book.
    also, the last part isn't that good for me. I kept getting distracted, sorry! -
mew,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby –ronnie » Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:39 am

I hummed along to the music, laying down at the top of the observatory, my frame easily fitting on the large circular disk. I found myself at peace up here, just me and the stars to occupy my mind. I found myself consistently checking on my little brother,
making sure he was still asleep. When I saw him rolling around a little too often, I climbed back down the fire escape, slipping inside.
"Having trouble?" I asked my brother. Caden sighed and looked up at me. "You're going to fall one day."
Noticing that my being on the roof upset him, I sighed. "I won't Caden, I promise. There's that little platform that goes around the glass remember? If I slipped, I'd just hit the plat'," I explained to him. He nodded, closing his eyes back. I played with his hair until he fell back asleep.
Grabbing a scarf as the temperatures seemed to get colder, I slipped back outside and onto my spot on the observatory. I waited patiently, until I could hear the old grandfather clock begin to chime from downstairs. I counted each one slowly.
One. The twinkling of the stars in the sky made me smile.
Two. I looked around at the streetlights and the people beginning to turn on lights from inside their homes.
Three. I laid back on the silver disk.
Four. The final chime. It was four o' clock in the morning, when the early-birds and early-workers in New Jersey all got up and had a cup of coffee. That means I was officially sixteen. If it was 16 years ago, I would've been born one and a half hours ago. The thought of that made me smile.
The thought of both of my parents excited for their first child. My dad, with his big smile and soft brown hair, like the bark of an oak tree, helping my mom to the hospital. That was what made me happy.
I yawned, my breath coming out like smoke in the air as I saw the dark night sky begin to lighten. It was going to be day soon.
I sighed and closed my eyes, letting the sunlight gently pour into the sky as the late hours came to an end.
As I felt myself drifting off, I was shaken away by a strange feeling. A little switch in my mind. I smiled to myself as I heard his voice. "Cassie!" he called. I got up and went to the old fire escape, looking at him. I observed his dark brown hair, his small smile and his blue eyes. Every time he came, I feel like I hadn't seen him in forever. "Hey, Ellie," I found myself saying, "Guess what day it is?"

this is almost 500 words i'm highkey proud of myself like
i thought it wasn't and i felt bad because you write a lot more than me but like its 500 words sksks
–ronnie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mew, » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:05 pm

My hands gripped the icy, slightly rusted metal bar on the fire escape as I watched Cassie approach. The temperature of the metal didn't bother me at all; I knew it was cold, but I couldn't feel it. As usual, it was nice to see her smile and friendly face. Being surrounded by little kids twenty-four-seven wasn't exactly fun, as you can probably assume. I was always glad to be around someone the same age as me. Like most imaginaries and humans, we were only a few days apart. I'd had my birthday about a week or so ago. When Cassie greeted me with that silly nickname she had for me, I couldn't help but smile even more. If anyone else called me "Ellie," I would have been tempted to sock them in the face for calling me something so stupid and girlish. However, this was Cassie, my best friend. "More like my only friend." I shook the thought away. I didn't need more friends anyway. I never had. I never would.
    "Uhh... Saturday?" I responded to her telling me to guess what day it was with a grin. Of course, I knew it was her birthday, and she probably knew I was only kidding. "The day after Friday?" I guessed again. "The one day a week you can stay up as late as you want and sleep in until noon?" As I spoke, I climbed off the fire escape and towards the top of the observatory. The whole structure was cold and frosty. In fact, it probably wasn't safe for us to be up here. "No. It's not safe for Cassie to be up here." I could slip and fall, of course, but it wouldn't do me any damage. I would simply feel a bit of pressure when I hit the ground. Then I could climb back up no problem. I sat down on the flat platform and looked at Cassie. "Oh, yeah, and happy birthday." That smile was still on my face, but it faltered just a little bit. After every birthday, I was afraid that we'd start to grow apart and Cassie would start to forget about me until one day, she couldn't see me anymore. I was afraid of what every imaginary had to go through from ages eight to twelve. We were both sixteen now. There were no records of any imaginaries and humans still meeting after the age of fourteen, and that was only one special case of one autistic human child. "C'mere. I made something for your birthday." I held up my wrist, which had the indigo, white, and silver string and bead bracelet.

- oh gosh frickin cheez-its I just realised I wrote over a thousand words
    I thought I wrote less than that. I don't usually write that much heh.
    five-hundred words is good. that's usually my average, actually. I've no idea why I keep writing so much.
    this is a lot shorter, but that's because there's dialogue between them, of course. -
mew,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby –ronnie » Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:06 pm

When I greeted Ellie, I was happy to find that a smile had appeared on his face as well as mine.
The thought of us hanging out on his birthday popped in my mind. I had drawn a picture of him and posted it on my wall, among the star charts and diagrams my mom had drawn when she was in college. He was almost like the stars themselves. It was like, no matter how hard you could try, it was oh, so difficult to touch them.
As he came up on the roof beside me, I felt a gentle shiver down my back. The temperature was getting colder. How could it become colder as the sun rises?, I thought. I hugged my leather jacket close to my body as I continued to sway with the breeze, my legs crossed on the circular platform.
"happy birthday," Ellie said. I smiled even wider. "Thanks!" I giggled, knowing my voice may be muffled by my nerdy scarf. The red and gold colors were bold against the muted dyes of my clothing, which stayed dull browns & dusty rose-colors. My mind apparently thought it was a good idea to show my Hogwarts pride, even if it meant being called a fake fan. The test doesn't lie, I thought. The test doesn't lie.
He held up his wrist to show me his gift and I felt my eyes tear up. "For me?" I asked in disbelief, my hand raising as if to touch it. I looked at it cautiously.
"This is for me?" I asked again, pulling the scarf away from my face so I could say it clearly. I tried my best to believe he actually got me a present like a bracelet, and I felt an overwhelming warmth grow in my chest as shock hit my face.

this one's a shortie, sorry about that, but in all honesty it's better than how i usually rp in group rp's so i'm just rollin' with it
–ronnie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mew, » Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:17 pm

Seeing her reaction to the gift made my smile return. It was moments like this that made me think that maybe we wouldn't separate someday. That somehow, some way, there was a possibility that we might be friends forever. It would mean I'd be stuck in a house forever, but it would be worth it. I met Cassie's pale blue eyes, seeing the tears that made them seem to sparkle. I nodded a little, looking back down at the bracelet, which was about as wide as my thumb and fit my pale wrist perfectly. "Yeah. Well, kinda. You can't wear it, but I can. I'd give it to you if I could..." I'd give it to her so she could wear it whenever she wanted. So that maybe she wouldn't forget me one day. However, that was the exact reason why we couldn't give the humans anything. "It's not much, but it has Cassiopeia on it. I thought you'd like it," I added quietly. The soft string allowed room enough for me to slip it off, but not too much so it would fall off itself. It wasn't perfect at all. In fact, it had a lot of mistakes in it. Some were because I'd worked on it in the dark, and some were because I just wasn't practised at making bracelets. Some of the knots were looser, lighter, or accidentally doubled, which made a few spots uneven and lumpy, but towards the end, it looked slightly better. For just having learned how to do this type of bracelet, I thought it wasn't the worst I could do. I still didn't like how sloppy it was. Maybe eventually I'd remake it. "Oh, I'm definitely doing that. I could do so much better."
    I fell silent for a moment, listening to the gentle, but quickly worsening wind. My gaze was still on Cassie, and when I realised that, I glanced away and up at the grey sky. The clouds were moving quickly, tossing and turning like the restless waves in the ocean, never stopping, never sleeping. They looked so beautiful and graceful; things that were nearly weightless. However, I knew that they contained gallons of probably freezing cold water droplets that were plotting to all fall in one area to make one hell of a storm. Whatever they were planning on doing, it would surely both make someone's day and ruin someone else's. For me? I liked the idea of having another storm. I thought the weather was beautiful. I appreciated whatever weather we'd get. As my sky-blue eyes watched the turmoil happening in the sky, I wondered when it would begin to rain and if, after the rain, the sun would come out. Maybe tonight we'd be able to watch the stars if the sky cleared. With any luck, the clouds would find somewhere else to dump all of their problems on, or maybe they'd let all of it go to the point where they had to move on. I looked at Cassie again. "So what were you doing out here so early? It's cold out." I stated the obvious, but I was genuinely curious as to why she'd be out here when it could very easily start pouring rain at any second. Sure, I had been outside, but I needed the light to finish something important.
mew,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me