1X1 with arvanien

If you only want to roleplay with one other person, or only with certain people, then you can do so here (any genre).
Forum rules
Remember, all content must remain child-friendly at all times!
Users breaking this rule by using foul language, roleplaying explicit sexual scenes, excessive violence/torture, non-consensual 'romance', or other adult themes may be banned.

Re: 1X1 with arvanien

Postby rubyrocketboots13 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:29 pm

Basil

Basil jogged alongside Arion to keep up with his pace. They had made it back to Solodin in nearly record time, but she still was worried sick about Celeste, Juniper and to a slightly lesser extent, Arion. It pained her to see him looking so grief-stricken. There was nothing she could really useful she could say or do to comfort him nor help the injured couple. Why do I have to be so useless ? Basil thought, miserably [/i] I can’t even run fast enough to keep up with Arion [/i].

“That’s probably a good idea,” Basil nodded in agreement. Celeste and Juniper needed a healer as quickly as possible; she knew she was only slowing Arion down. Basil let go of his arm and slowed her pace, “See you later,” She said, knowing that she was going to jog to the hospital after him. She wanted to be there to support him, if she could.

Lyra

The alpha noticed Endymion’s smile before he turned away. It slightly caught her off guard to see him acting like this; she was so used to his usual sarcastic grin. Though, it was quiet disarming to see this different side to his personality. Why is he being so... caring? It’s kind of sweet Lyra pushed aside the feeling, strangely feeling a bit silly for thinking something like that. Who was she kidding? Endymion was probably just being nice and nothing more. It was foolish to think that he actually cared for her as anything more than the pack’s alpha.

Lyra nodded, lightly fiddling with her empty cup. “Mmhm” She agreed, “They’re taken care of, I assume?” The alpha had no doubt that Endymion’s poison had worked effectively. It was a comfort to know that they were either dying or nearly dead. In Lyra’s mind, Quell and traitors were an obvious threat to the pack. She certainly wasn’t going to stand idly by when her pack was in danger.
rubyrocketboots13

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby arvanien » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:18 am

Arion

He shifted Juniper to a more comfortable position on his back, hoping the Howler could breathe more easily - if he was breathing at all. Glancing quickly at him over his shoulder, Arion felt strangely guilty for not paying as much attention to Juniper as he should have. The guy seemed as young as Celeste, and even in this half-dead state, looked very sweet. Still, that wouldn't stop the jealous brother from doing anything to keep his sister out of reach. Arion knew he needed to get to the hospital as quickly as possible, but he still felt bad for making Basil have to jog to keep up with him. And she hadn't even complained one bit. She may have looked small and chubby and soft, but Basil was clearly as resilient as anyone in the guard.

Arion nodded, looking gratefully at Basil. "Thank you. For...for coming with me and being so supportive. I-I'm really sorry I have to run off like this," He said apologetically. His distraught, listless expression returned as he turned and sprinted off into Solodin, still carrying both Celeste and Juniper as if they weighed no more than dolls.

Endymion

"The girl's brother showed up to get her. Arion himself." Endymion snickered. "It was a lovely surprise. He actually brought himself to come down to our humble village." His voice dripped with incisive derision. "He looked quite upset. Anyway, I hope it pleases you to know that he will watch her suffer the same way we watched our best warriors die because of him." He avoided mentioning his brother; it was still a painful topic after only some years. "But what was unexpected is that he took the boy with him. That was strange." He shrugged dismissively. "Should I have stopped him?" Endymion asked, though he probably wouldn't have tried to take Juniper back in the first place.
arvanien

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rubyrocketboots13 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:23 pm

Basil

Basil smiled a bit up at Arion, though it was easy to see the worry and faint sorrow in her eyes. “No, it’s fine!” She insisted, watching him run off. Arion really was an amazing guy; it was easy to see how much he loved Celeste after seeing all he had done to save her. Basil couldn’t help but admire him for his sweet, caring nature. A pang of guilt made her heart ache as his brotherly love reminded her of Hawthorne. He’s probably waiting up for me and worried sick She thought guiltily. Still, Basil didn’t want to return home in case Arion wanted her to be with him. Determinedly, she walked after him towards the hospital.

Exhausted, Basil rubbed her tired eyes, suddenly realizing that it was almost dawn. Solodin’s beautiful sky was already starting to change. Golden rays of enchanted sunlight began to slowly paint themselves across the sky. Basil smiled to herself a bit, No wonder Hawthorne likes to watch the sunrise so much She thought a bit absent mindedly.

Lyra

Arion? ” She repeated, anger flashing in her eyes. The alpha’s voice held a razor-sharp edge to it, “That- that menace was in our village? Why didn’t anyone inform me of this?” She was so agitated that she could barely get the words out. It was obvious that Lyra had meant to say something stronger about Arion, but she was trying to be somewhat polite around Endymion. Though, she was finding it difficult to control her temper. Lyra had witnessed Arion’s destructive fighting on the battle; countless Howler warriors had lost their lives on the battlefield because of the red-haired Quell. Though the alpha held a resentment for most Quell, she absolutely hated Arion and many other warriors in the Quell guard for what they did to her packmates.

Grimacing, Lyra gripped the cup so hard that her knuckles turned white, though whether it was from anger or pain was hard to tell. She looked away from Endymion, hoping that he didn’t notice her odd expression. “I hope that his sister’s death brings him the same amount of grief that he brought to our pack.” She spat, her voice quiet and filled with venom. A faint, bitter smirk played on her lips, I hope that it kills him to watch the one person he cares about suffer. But, don’t worry if it doesn’t, I’ll eventually put him out of his misery anyway.

Something Endymion said snapped Lyra our of her resentful thoughts. “He took the traitor?” She said, looking surprised, “That’s…. strange. Arion despises our kind. What would he want with a half-dead Howler pup?”. Lyra coughed, wincing just a bit before she quickly recovered. It seemed her sudden burst of anger had worn her out just a bit. Lyra pondered his question before shaking her head,” I don’t think there would have been any use in stopping him. If the boy does live, Arion can have him for all I care. Just be sure, if I catch any of them near our village again, they aren’t going to live to tell the tale.”
rubyrocketboots13

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby arvanien » Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:29 pm

Arion

"Thank you," Arion repeated before he ran off. In his mind's eye, however, he still could see Basil's sorrowful worry in her eyes. Why did I have to make her go through this? It would have been better for her if she hadn't come with me. It's totally my fault. And look, it's dawn already, he thought bitterly, remorse tugging at his heart. Not even the delicate beauty of the pink and gold sky could distract Arion from the grief and guilt. It was weighing him down even more than carrying both Celeste and Juniper. He kicked open the hospital doors and skidded to a halt on the pristine white floors, panting mostly from desperation. How many times have I brought someone wounded into this place? He let the nurses put Celeste and Juniper on two gurneys. They were placed in neighboring rooms, Arion following Celeste into hers, never letting go of her hand. The nurse, an austere-looking woman who was about four feet six, started on her right away. She seemed to want to have Celeste undisturbed, but knew better than to tell Arion to go away.

Endymion

"Yes, he was," Endymion said soothingly, knowing better to say something foolishly incendiary like calm down. "It's fine. He'll be made so reckless and distracted by his sister's death, it may just be easier to defeat him when he comes back. Or he's going to be down to fight tooth and nail." He shrugged. Arion's fighting style was a weird cross between destructive and elegant, but he fought with the desperation of an animal when grief struck him. And it was always better to be the calmer, more collected warrior on the battlefield.

"Oh, I have no doubt it will. His sister's death or permanent disability will certainly leave an unhealable mark on him." Endymion said happily, pulling his black trench coat more tightly around himself. He gave her an odd look; Lyra looked like she'd crack the cup and possibly cut herself, though it wasn't glass. "I'll take that if you want more water."

"That's what I was thinking. He's probably seeking to kill that boy if Celeste dies. Perhaps he already has," He mused, an image of Arion snapping Juniper's neck or impaling him surfacing in his mind. The thought made a faint smile come to his lips. "Of course. You'll be back to normal in no time. You're tough, Lyra."
arvanien

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rubyrocketboots13 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:54 am

Basil

Basil sprinted the last block towards the hospital, though she hesitated slightly before going in. What if he doesn’t want me here? After all, Celeste is his sister… maybe he’d rather be alone with her? . She bit her lip in worry as she tried to reason away the doubt. Surely, Arion would tell me to go home if he didn’t want me to stay. Resolutely, Basil pushed the hospital door open and walked in. She was too shy to ask a nurse what room Celeste was in, so she hoped to find them without the nurses noticing her.

Juniper

Juniper stirred slightly as he was set down on the gurney, though he didn’t wake up. His chest barely rose and fell any more as he took shallow breaths; his heartbeat was almost non-existent. The injured Howler hadn’t made a sound the entire time Arion had carried him and Celeste through the forest. Even when Arion had roughly slung him on his back, he still hadn’t regained consciousness.

Slowly, his eyes fluttered open a bit, though they widened in alarm as he noticed that Celeste wasn’t with him. “Celeste?” He breathed inaudibly. Juniper didn’t have the strength to lift his head to look up at the nurses, but he knew Celeste wasn’t anywhere near him. The sharp, foreign scent of the hospital and the bright lights made Juniper’s heart speed up in fear. My stars…. are we… dead?... Where’s Celeste? Gotta find her… Juniper thought drowsily. As he lay on the gurney, the young Howler was so out-of-it that he was almost oblivious to everything going on around him. Everything was out of focus and fuzzy, but the only thought on his mind was that he had to find Celeste.

Lyra

Lyra nodded slightly, forcing herself to calm down as she realized that she had the empty cup in a death grip. The alpha gave a small, tired sigh," Maybe you're right. That Quell is a wild card though." She didn't want to say Arion's name, knowing that she'd just become more agitated if she did. " His sister's death will either weaken him or just fuel his hatred towards the pack.” She said grimly," We'll all have to be prepared in case he tries to attack the village or something like that." That tomato-headed menace had better not try anything stupid. He's probably going to be after Endymion and myself for hurting his precious little sister Though, another thought made her even more anxious. There was no way she could fight like this, especially not someone as powerful as Arion. How can I lead the pack when I can't even get a glass of water for myself? Lyra thought bitterly. The only thing that comforted her was to know that she would be healed and back to her usual self in just a few weeks.

The alpha glanced at the empty cup before nodding, “Yes, I’d like a bit more water. Thank you, Brother Endymion” She said sincerely, handing him back the cup. The alpha's hand lightly brushed against his, though she didn't seem to mind. Truthfully, she looked to distracted to notice it. Her expression was as hard to read as ever, but an unmistakable flicker of remorse crossed her face. Though, it was quickly replaced by the usual fierce glint her eyes always held. " That seems like the only reasonable explanation. He probably already has killed the boy." She said, smirking faintly, "I suppose that takes care of one problem then."
Last edited by rubyrocketboots13 on Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
rubyrocketboots13

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby arvanien » Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:23 pm

Arion

Several times, the nurse tending to Celeste had to move around Arion to do her work - cleaning, bandaging, and hooking her up to a machine with the help of another nurse as her hands glowed purple. But Arion didn't notice; in his distraught state all he could see was his sister. Celeste was still unconscious, lying perfectly still, her skin paler than the bedsheets. The nurses finally politely asked him to leave as she was going to "change the patient's clothes". Arion stumbled outside and leaned against the wall, staring blankly at the hospital doors for several minutes. His face was a strange mix of emotions; he looked like he was either going to cry, punch the wall, or both.

~~~~~~

A few Quell lifted Juniper out of the gurney and onto a bed, handling him much more gently than Arion had. "Hey there," one of them said, noticing Juniper stir. He was a maroon and orange haired Quell in his older teens, with chocolate skin and cheerful and bright grey eyes. "Looks like you were in quite a scrape. But you're going to be just fine!" He pulled on some gloves and began to disinfect Juniper's shoulder with the help of a purple Quell. His friendly, confident manner didn't waver, not even when he saw how weak and pale Juniper was.

Endymion

"He's pretty unpredictable." He agreed simply. "But I'm sure we will be ready for whatever he pulls on us." It was a well known fact that Arion never stopped fighting until he'd done as much damage as possible. However, Endymion and Lyra had fought back to back before; she was one of the very few Howlers he trusted completely.

Endymion refilled the cup and gave it back to Lyra. Normally he disliked physical touch, but there was something strangely reassuring in the feel of Lyra's fingers against his. Must be because she's still alive, he thought immediately, before anything else had the chance to surface in his mind. He took even more reassurance in the fierce spark in Lyra's eyes. A Quell child and a puppy can't do anything against her. "He was always an odd child. Too small and girlish. What can I say, natural selection." He shrugged lightly, rubbing the pommel of his longsword.
Last edited by arvanien on Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
arvanien

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rubyrocketboots13 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:41 am

Basil

Basil wandered around the hospital for a bit, trying to keep out of sight of the nurses as she looked for Celeste’s room. Arion was sure to be with his sister or at least somewhere nearby. Spotting him leaning against the wall, part of her was relieved to have found him, but it broke her heart to see him looking so anguished. Maybe I should have gone home and let him be alone. This really is none of my business… She thought as she nervously tugged on her bangs. Arion didn’t deserve to be here alone at the hospital, agonizing over his sister. She couldn’t offer much but she could keep him company if he wanted it.

Hesitantly, Basil walked over to where he was standing. “Arion?” She called, her soft voice a little quieter than normal. Her emerald eyes were filled with concern as she peered up at him. “Is she any better?” She asked worriedly, “And are you… doing okay?” It almost pained her to see Arion looking so distraught, though she understood why he was so upset. Basil reached out to take his hand but withdrew it before their hands touched. “I’m sorry…” She said quietly, glancing away, “I probably shouldn’t have… I’ll go home if you would rather I didn’t stay. I was…worried about you and your sister”

Juniper

Juniper let out a doleful whine, like the sound a puppy makes when their tail is accidentally stepped on. The injured Howler tensed up as the nurses began to disinfect his shoulder. It stung badly, though it was strangely relieving to feel the sharp pain after the strange numbness from before. At least he knew he was still alive. But, Juniper wasn’t going to relax until he knew that Celeste was safe. Though his thoughts were a tangled mess, he knew he had to be with her. As he glanced up, he could see the nurses as fuzzy blurs with brightly colored hair. Juniper focused on the friendly Quell who had tried to reassure him that he’d be okay. “Where’s… Celeste? ” he murmured weakly, but the desperation was clear in his voice, “I …have to… find her.”

Lyra

The alpha couldn’t help but smile a bit at Endymion’s confidence. “Yeah, I’m sure we will be ready” Lyra agreed. She knew Arion would eventually come back to the village, but they would be ready for him. Lyra was confident that she and Endymion could handle Arion if he caused any trouble for the pack. Without a single doubt, she trusted Endymion with her life. He was a brilliant warrior on the battlefield and he had always been very loyal to her.

The fierce glint in her eyes softened a bit as she looked over at Endymion. Though Lyra didn’t realize it, her expression was almost fond as she accepted the cup of water, “Thank you” She said gratefully. Endymion had been so sympathetic and considerate; Lyra appreciated everything he had done for her more than she could explain. He had spent a good deal of the night here with her. Taking a sip of the water, Lyra gave a small laugh," I suppose you're right about that. Juniper was a tiny pup. The poor little thing " She said, her tone feigning sympathy.
rubyrocketboots13

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby arvanien » Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:28 pm

Arion

He looked up slowly as Basil approached, feeling a small tinge of comfort in his leaden chest. She cared enough to come after all this? It made him feel a little better despite the situation. "They told me to leave. She'd been poisoned...and....well," Arion looked away briefly, his Adam's apple bobbing, "They didn't tell me anything more than that." He said quietly, but there was no mistaking the angry misery weighing down his voice. "No, it's fine, really." Arion gave her a small smile, reaching out to take Basil's hand just before she withdrew it. "Thank you for coming. It means a lot to me." His eyes were listless and exhausted, but he gave her a grateful look, his fingers gently curling around her hand. "But - I mean - you don't have to stay. I know you're tired." He knew Basil had come to the village and back with him on her own volition, but he felt guilty for her losing sleep. "I-I'm sorry."

~~~~~

The friendly, coffee skinned boy gave Juniper's good arm a quick, gentle squeeze, trying his best to reassure him. He was definitely new there, since most doctors didn't touch their patients like that. He finished cleaning and bandaging Juniper's wounded shoulder, whistling cheerfully under his hospital mask (why are you even doing that?). He leaned down a little closer, "Celeste? The pretty girl? Oh, she's in the room next door." He really wasn't sure why a Howler would care about her, a Quell, though. All of this really made no sense - Arion hauling his wounded sister and a Howler here at this hour. He was tingling with curiosity, but knew his priorities. The Quell boy offered Juniper a cup of tea, putting the straw near his mouth. The tea gave off an aromatic scent, promising healing and rejuvenation. "Here, drink this. I'll let you see her after the poison is treated." He said warmly. Although, he wasn't sure if Arion would let him.

Endymion

Endymion smiled faintly, liking how Lyra used the word "we". They didn't even have healing magic like the Quell and she was already fighting her way back to health. They'd fought together during the war and he was ready to do so again. The war was gone, but hate and friction weren't.

Endymion nodded politely. "You're welcome, alpha Lyra." He was taken off guard by the look on her face; when had Lyra's expression ever not been one of fierce determination? He was both surprised and intrigued by this other side of her...but figured it was probably only a small facet. Lyra's tone brought out another smile from him. "Small wonder his mother didn't want him." Clasping his hands, he glanced out of the window of the hut, noticing the sun's first rays shine through the trees. Endymion didn't really care to talk about Juniper; he was already thinking about today's agenda. He would have liked to spend more time with Lyra, but she hadn't gotten any rest aside from when Benjamin and himself left to find Gilly. "Maybe you should get some sleep." He suggested, thinking about what Benjamin had said about her, "I wouldn't want to keep you up."
arvanien

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rubyrocketboots13 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:16 am

Basil

Basil gave a small nod, her eyes clouded with worry and sorrow, “Poison?” She said sadly, “That’s awful. I’m so sorry for that….” Very gently, she gave his hand a reassuring squeeze. “I know she’ll be okay. The doctors and purple Quell will be able to heal her. They’re the best in the world.” She said quietly, but she was confident in the medical Quell’s talents and Celeste’s resilience. Celeste was a strong Quell, Basil knew that she would be able to pull through this.

Peering up at Arion, she smiled a bit sadly, “Nonsense, you don’t have to thank me for anything. I wanted to come. I want to be here” Basil insisted, “And I’m okay. Please don’t worry about me, I’m not terribly tired at all.” The last part was a lie, but she wasn’t going to admit it and cause any more worry for Arion. Staying up all night, mixed with the stress of everything had exhausted her. But, Basil was much better off that Arion was. He looked so drained and worn out; she desperately wished there was something she could do to help him feel a bit better. Basil wrapped her arms around Arion’s waist, hugging him gently. “Don’t be sorry, none of this was your fault! You don’t have anything to apologize for. Even if you did, I’d forgive you”

Juniper

Digging his fingers into the sides of the bed, Juniper tried to hold completely still as the nurse bandaged his shoulder. His “wilder” Howler instincts made him want to run as far away from the hospital as he could. Though he knew the nurses were only trying to help him, he couldn’t help but feel a little panicky with the Quell nurses standing over him. The war was over, but like most Howlers, he still had a subconscious fear of the other magical race. It didn’t help that he felt just a bit trapped in the small, sterile hospital room; he didn’t even know how he had gotten there- the last thing he remembered was holding Celeste close as they looked up at the night sky.

"She’s... in the next… room?" He murmured, the relief apparent in his weak voice. Juniper smiled softly to himself, " Yeah.... Celeste is very beautiful", he murmured happily. In his mind's eye, he could still see her just as she was when they met in the library; every little detail about her was burned into his memory, from her stunning blue eyes to the way her small, pale hand fit perfectly in his. Juniper looked up at the nurse, perking up a bit, " Thank you!". The promise of getting to see Celeste was better than any medicine the nurses could offer him. He needed to be with her as soon as possible to make sure that she was okay. It was the only thing on his mind and keeping him from attempting to run. Juniper eyed the fragrant smelling tea before taking a small sip of it. Surprisingly, tasted a bit like citrus and strawberries. He finished off the tea as quickly as he could without making himself sick, then he shakily attempted to sit up.

Lyra

Lyra bit back a smile as she noticed his expression. Is it wrong to think his real smile is cute? It so strange to see him smile like that instead of smirking. The alpha pushed aside the thoughts without even blushing, convinced she was feeling this way from blood loss or something. Either way, she had to stop thinking things like this.

The alpha gave a slight, dismissive nod. She had no intent of going back to sleep, though she needed it. “You need some rest as well, Endymion.” Lyra said, though it was more of a suggestion than an order. She was concerned about him, though it didn’t show in her expression or tone of voice. Lyra was the very last person you’d expect to be cuddly or affectionate, though she was a cared deeply about her packmates.
rubyrocketboots13

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby arvanien » Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:56 pm

Arion

"Yeah. You're right," he agreed, smiling a little more. Arion wrapped his arms around Basil as she hugged him, gently caressing her hair as he began to relax. His touch was soft and slow as always, but now it seemed to linger longer than usual. He closed his eyes, his mind going blank for a second. It was a horrible twist - he'd found the love of his life on the day his sister might die. Every time I become too happy, something bad always happens. Arion thought bitterly. The sharp, hollow feeling in his chest still wouldn't go away, making him feel like he'd been sliced a million times. The only thing that was making him feel better was Basil's presence.

"That's why I want to thank you." The corners of his mouth twitched upwards just for a second. "You've been so good to me, way better than I deserve. I just can't tell you how much I love you. You...mean the world to me." Arion bent over her, holding Basil close to his chest as if she too would be torn from him. It was sweet the way he was acting, but also strangely heartbreaking.

~~~~~~

"Hey, relax, buddy," the orange and maroon Quell boy said, sitting down at Juniper's bedside in a friendly and sympathetic way while the rest of the nurses kept moving, monitoring his heart rate, blood pressure, oxygen levels, et cetera. "This lovely tea is going to chase that poison straight out of your system. You'll be well enough to see your Celeste in no time." He said confidently. It made him happy to see how Juniper was relieved just by knowing Celeste was near. "I'm Kyran, by the way." Another doctor or nurse would have probably made Juniper lie back down, but Kyran quickly put an arm around Juniper's shoulders and carefully helped him sit up. "Just take it easy, or Arion's going to kill me."

Endymion

"I'll let you get your sleep. Brother Benjamin should be back by now." He rose slowly, still alert and watchful as ever, despite losing a night of sleep. By now, the sun rays had begun to light up the interior of the comfortable, cozy room. "We will talk again another time." Endymion promised, opening the door and stepping outside. The cool, fresh morning air contrasted sharply with the hazy atmosphere of the healer's hut. He wasn't exactly a sunshine person, but he found himself enjoying the early morning more than he usually did. The jarring events of last night hadn't rattled him at all, but he still had things to do.
arvanien

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me