1X1 with arvanien

If you only want to roleplay with one other person, or only with certain people, then you can do so here (any genre).
Forum rules
Remember, all content must remain child-friendly at all times!
Users breaking this rule by using foul language, roleplaying explicit sexual scenes, excessive violence/torture, non-consensual 'romance', or other adult themes may be banned.

1X1 with arvanien

Postby rubyrocketboots13 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:12 pm

~ For Solodin ~

Welcome to the underground city of Solodin! The Quell live here.

The Story:

The centuries long war between the Howlers and Quell has officially ended! There are a few skirmishes between the two species, but nothing major anymore. Thankfully, the old hatred is slowly fizzling out for both sides and everyone is sick of the fighting. A lot has changed since the early days of the Quell and the Howlers. Its still uncommon for Quell and Howlers to in love, settled down and have families, but it is slowly becoming more accepted. Hawthorne personally makes sure that Howlers are not treated unfairly when they are in Solodin.

Note: This is a 1x1 with arvanien and rubyrocketboots13, please don't post unless you're one of us! Thanks :)
Last edited by rubyrocketboots13 on Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rubyrocketboots13

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: 1X1 with arvanien

Postby rubyrocketboots13 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:17 pm

The Basics

Name: Hawthorne
Sexuality: Bisexual
Job: Captain of the Royal guard
Quell or Howler: Quell
Choice of weapon: His long sword

Looks and Powers
Image of your character: Image ( ;~; i keep changing his photo)
Appearance: Hawthorne is very tall and muscular ( about 6'2- 6'3 ish). He's very toned from training. He has well kept green and black hair; it's shaved, but longer on the top. His hair is black with green on the ends, unless he has absorbed another power. He has several various scars, most on his chest. Hawthorne walks around with a constant disapproving frown. He NEVER seems to take off his armor or his scarlet colored cape.
Power: Green (earth manipulation) and Black (power duplication) * Black is his dominate power* Hawthorne tends to rely more on his ability to manipulate earth and rocks rather than plants. He also can't manipulate metal very well, unlike his sister.

Personality
Personality:Hawthorn's large stature and confident attitude commands respect. He is a VERY powerful guy. Every Quell knows about his achievements on the battle field. Because of that, he can seem a bit stuck up. He's harsh and cold if is doesn't like you. But, he is very warm to everyone else. He loves protecting the city and cares about every Quell. To the point where he knows nearly EVERYONE by name. He is strict with his soldiers and demands nothing but respect and loyalty. He may seem rough and harsh, but he is an emotional marshmallow deep, deep, down. Hawthorne is willing to give his life protecting the people he loves. He's VERY, VERY, VERY overprotective, especially about his sister.
Likes& Dislikes:
+ Training
+ Healthy foods
+ Collecting Weapons
- Humans
- Sleeping late
- Meat

Fears: Losing Basil, feeling weak, swimming, not being able to protect the people he cares about and the city he loves

Weakness: Hawthorne has a massive hero's complex. He will risk himself countless times to help others. His other biggest weakness is that his brute strength makes him just a bit on the slower on his feet. If you can outsmart or are quicker than he is, than you have a fair chance in a fight with him.

Extra: The fastest way to anger Hawthorne is question his authority, threaten his family, or make fun of him being a vegetarian. He is skilled with most weapons and chooses to use his brute force and tactics rather than his power most of the time. He loves collecting all weapons and even human ones at times. He's also much more clever than he appears to be; when he was a child, he studied under great teachers and tutors. He speaks many different languages fluently, including latin and the ancient Quell language. At sixteen he joined the Royal Guard, but he lied about his age on his forms and said that he was eighteen.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

The Basics

Name: Basil Montaigh
Sexuality: Heterosexual
Job: Noblewoman(though it's mostly in title only), artist
Choice of weapon: Her dual daggers, can shot bow and arrow as well

Looks and Powers
Image of your character: Image ( New one)
Appearance: Basil is very short and curvy, though a bit on the chubby side. She's very, very strong even if she doesn't look it. She has a chip in her front teeth from a rollerblading accident, a scar over her left eye and several scars on the backs of her hands. Her favorite outfit is a large purple, off-the-shoulder sweater, her black leather vest, jeans with star patches and her large hoop earrings. Her style is rather punkish, but still cute. She's very fair skinned, to the point she looks almost vampireish. it doesn't help that she uses very dark plum colored lipstick and too much eye liner. After meeting Arion, she usually keeps her hair away from her face in side buns or a half pony tail.
Power: Green ( earth and metal manipulation)

Personality
Personality:Basil is a quiet spirit. She is very sweet and affectionate if you get close to her. She's extremely introverted and will avoid most people at all costs. Basil's best trait is that she is very kind and compassionate towards people. Though, she's not a complete push over. If she get's too emotional, she will completely snap. Her power strengthens when she upset, hurt or angry.
Likes& Dislikes:
+ Painting
+ Retro videogames
+ Nearly all music
- Being too cold
- Things that don't come easily to her
- Thinking about the past

Fears: Tight places, hurting Arion, disappointing people

Weakness: Her left peripheral vision isn't the greatest due to the damage that was done to her eye. Though, the healers managed to repair her vision back to normal.

Extra: She is more book smart than street savvy. Basil gets her strength from practicing Roller Derby for hours on end. Though she looks rather unassuming and petite, she is actually very strong. She also can't use her green magic very well. Quell with Earth magic have a strong connection to their environment, but Basil can't control plants very well unless something triggers a strong emotion. She's more comfortable controlling earth and has a talent for controlling metal. She is a bit nearsighted and wears glasses for when she's reading or sewing and things like that. Basil is quite skilled with metal work when she uses her earth magic, a skill fairly rare in Quell with green magic. Though, she only has basic control with her plant magic and struggles to use it. Basil once wanted to become a lawyer, so she studied Quell law for quite a few years. She probably knows more about the Quell justice system than any other Quell in the city, which is why Hawthorne trusts her with important things concerning law.

----------

[center]

The Basics

Name: Juniper Mederic
Sexuality:
Job: Previously a scout for his Howler pack and helped out in the village bakery. He doesn't have a job at the moment, but wants to work in a Solodin bakery
Quell or Howler: Howler
Choice of weapon: Doesn't fight unless it's necessary, but he prefers hand to hand combat or fighting in his Howler form

Looks and Powers
Image of your character: Image
Appearance: Juniper is a very small guy, even in his Howler form. He is very lean and quick on his feet. His skin is very tanned, he has chocolate brown hair and his eyes are a stunning purple-blue color. Usually he looks as if it needs a good haircut. His hair is long enough to get in his eyes, but not enough to put up in a real pony tail. Usually he wears jeans and a tee or loose button down. He also can't seem to stand to wear shoes; usually he just goes barefoot.

Personality
Personality:Juniper is probably one of the cuddliest guys you'll ever meet. He's very sentimental and a very, very caring guy.He just loves cuddling and in his wolf form, he loves having his head and belly rubbed. ( The way to win him over is rubbing his head or playing with his hair). He's very laid back and doesn't like having any conflict. Juniper is VERY affectionate towards the people he loves. He'll go to the ends of the earth to make the people he cares about happy and to make sure they are safe. Juniper is very empathetic. He isn't afraid to show his emotions. He'd rather talk out problems than fight. Although, he won't hesitate to fight if need be. He can be a little over protective sometimes.
Likes& Dislikes:
+ Baking, cooking and eating!
+ Having his head rubbed
+ Being outside
+ Swimming
- Seeing the people he loves hurt or sad
- Arguments
- Chocolate ( He loves it, but he can't have it often or it makes him sick)

Fears: Losing Celeste, being tied down or in tight places

Weakness: Seeing other people hurt for his mistakes- he will either fall apart or rage against the person hurting his family. Juniper also tries to avoid conflict by out witting or out talking his opponent. That doesn't always seem to work...

Extra: Juniper loves crafting and glitter a little too much. He loves to read books and learning new things. If he can, Juniper will spend hours in the Solodin library. He is very gifted with navigation and knows several myths and legends by heart. Basically he is a giant, cuddly puppy

----------

Name: Lyra Harding

WIP
Last edited by rubyrocketboots13 on Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:12 am, edited 8 times in total.
rubyrocketboots13

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby arvanien » Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:25 pm

Name: Celeste Fayren
Sexuality: heterosexual
Job: Member of the Quell guard; college; model for a haute couture designer
Weapon: two long knives
Looks: Celeste isn't tall and conspicuous like her adopted brother Arion; she is small, petite, and slender. Despite her size, she is an experienced fighter, relying more on agility and precision than brute force. She has soft, white hair with pink and blue streaks and sky blue eyes. She favors simple, pretty clothes but can wear armor just as well. Although beauty is a common trait among the Quell, hers, along with that of her adopted brother's, has earned them positions as models for a haute couture designer.
Power: White, blue, and pink (telekinesis, teleportation, flight, and invisibility.) [since this is kind of OP, she can only use two at the same time, and it drains her more than usual.]
Personality: Cheerful, optimistic, confident, well-spoken and friendly, but gets very snappy when harassed or upset. She can be pretty mean when she wants to. She often has to hold back Arion from doing something stupid, but more than often she’s the one joining forces with him...
Likes: Sparring, cats, hot tea, melodic EDM, watching Arion pull stupid stunts, being with Juniper and doing anything with him, reading and anything art-related, swimming, and doing her hair.
Dislikes: hot weather, the humans and their city, having her bobby pins stolen by Arion, and not getting enough sleep.
Fears: Her loved ones getting hurt in any way, Arion losing his sanity (it’s entirely possible), and Solodin being poisoned by chemicals
Extra: In addition to being part of the Guard, both Celeste and Arion are taking courses at Solodin’s prestigious university. The two of them aren't going to let anyone look down on them for not having a formal education due to their unfortunate childhoods.
Attachments
IMG_6160.JPG
IMG_6160.JPG (57.47 KiB) Viewed 305 times
Last edited by arvanien on Sat Aug 03, 2019 6:05 am, edited 8 times in total.
arvanien

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby arvanien » Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:28 pm

Name: Arion Lindheimer
Sexuality: bisexual, but prefers girls
Job: Head chef of a large, fancy restaurant called The Teakeeper; senior member of the Quell guard; model for a haute couture designer, orchestra violinist in his limited free time
Weapon: Leafblade broadsword, fists
Looks: Arion's build is tall, muscular, and lithe. Standing about 6'4", having perfect posture, and very handsome, he's powerful and commanding, even when he's having a mental breakdown. He has the graceful, chiseled body of an athlete, but is marked with scars down his chest and back from countless fights. His hands are nimble like a musician’s, but his knuckles are all bruised and busted from fighting so hard even though he’s honing the rare ability to “steel” his skin. His messy red hair is usually finger-combed back, with the yellow part of it usually hidden in the back. and he likes using Celeste's bobby pins just to annoy her. His eyes are golden, and tend to reflect a lot of colors. If it's cold outside, the freckles dusting his cheekbones and temples are visible. In most candid shots, he's sporting a cocky smirk or a sh t eating grin. He likes comfortable and professional looking clothes; he can wear anything from a silk suit to ratty gym clothes to a dress and high heels (ask him, he'll tell you.) Arion is tough and untouchable outwardly, but deep down he's trying to hide what many years of trauma have done to him.
Power: Red and Yellow magic - superhuman ability and energy control. A few specific examples would be enhanced stamina, strength, speed, control over both the static and kinetic energy of objects, and barriers.
Personality: After a childhood of abuse and torment, and a teenhood spent surviving on the streets, Arion is rather cynical and can be very salty. He's known to have a sharp tongue, irrepressible wit, an cheeky and insolent attitude, and a terrible temper when provoked. Most people see him as trouble in pretty packaging, but he is fiercely loyal, nearly to a fault. He does EVERYTHING with his heart and soul in it, or he won’t even try at all. It takes a lot to earn his trust—he highly values his (few) loved ones and treats them with careful gentleness and respect. Since extreme PTSD, and insomnia have not been kind to him, he suffers from mild mental instability which has pretty much sabotaged his dating life—Arion doesn’t expect his girlfriends or boyfriends to stay around too long, which is why he spends most of his spare time hooking up if he isn’t out making mischief. After years of struggling with his magic with several unfortunate accidents, he's finally mastered a few solid abilities (sort of?) and is a powerful magic user, though he’s constantly striving to improve. He's a hard worker and is very busy, juggling his full time job as a restaurant manager, training, his university classes, modeling shoots, and serving as first chair in Solodin's orchestra at the Opera House.
Likes: Fights, flipping off people, blowing kisses, using his looks to get what he wants, eating (!!!), collecting knives, everything Basil (especially when she plays with his hair), sparring and working out, loud metal, rhythmic gymnastics, violin (screeech!), cooking, and distance running.
Dislikes: Sleeping (because of his PTSD-induces nightmares), annoying customers, being reminded of his past,
Fears: Facing his father again, losing Basil or Celeste, not being good enough, becoming a POW again, hurting his loved ones while triggered
Extra: Olympic-level gymnast and an exceedingly skilled fighter. He loves modeling—because the agencies will do anything he wants. Celeste is his adopted sister.

It is so hard to find an accurate picture of him rip
Attachments
IMG_9774.JPG
IMG_9774.JPG (178.3 KiB) Viewed 222 times
Last edited by arvanien on Sat Aug 03, 2019 6:22 am, edited 14 times in total.
arvanien

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby arvanien » Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:37 pm

(I might add the bios of other characters here?)
Last edited by arvanien on Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
arvanien

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby arvanien » Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:01 am

Celeste and Arion were spending the afternoon at the training center with some members of the royal guard, doing casual hand-to-hand combat and wrestling. Arion had gotten out of work early, and naturally had headed here with her. At this point, Celeste was still a member. She was working on central splits while watching Arion along with the rest of the members. He was wrestling with a large, gray Howler who was a full head taller than he was. Both of them were panting hard and struggling fiercely, yet Arion slowly and painfully seemed to be gaining the upper hand. Celeste kept watching, chin propped on her hands, not cheering him on lest it distract him or his opponent.
arvanien

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rubyrocketboots13 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:29 am

Hawthorne

Hawthorne was also at the center, overseeing the training of some new members of the Royal guard. He always made sure to watch how his soldiers were progressing with their training. It always gave the captain a sense of accomplishment to see his soldiers improving. Hawthorne pushed the members of the guard to their limit, believing that it was critical for the safety of Solodin to have the men and women of the guard at their best. Though the war with the Howlers was over, he still was wary of threats to the people of the city.

Seeing Arion and the Howler wresting caught his attention. Hawthorne casually wandered over, watching the two struggling. Arion had long since impressed Hawthorne with his sheer force of will and strength. The two had been friends ever since basic training, but it still surprised him how powerful the red haired Quell could be.

Basil

Basil nervously shuffled into the training center, carrying a stack of books and papers close to her chest. From behind her bangs, she looked around at the busy training center for her brother. Basil loathed having to come into the main part of the city, but the gym really was the worse. It made her terribly self-conscious to be around all of these powerful men and women. They were powerful warriors who looked up to her equally powerful brother. But, Basil was more of an after thought compared to Hawthorne. Small and chubby, Basil obviously didn't fit in here with the soldiers of the Royal guard. Still, she had a few papers and things to deliver to Hawthorne.

Taking a deep breath, Basil shuffled over to Hawthorne. She kept her head down and her emerald colored eyes cast to the floor to avoid any eye-contact with the others. " Hawthorne?" Basil said quietly, but so that he knew it was urgent" The mayor has some papers for you to sign... She says it's important. Something about some strange activity near the borders."

Juniper

Wandering the streets of Solodin, Juniper was a little lost. Being a Howler, he wasn't exactly comfortable with the idea of an "underground" city. The very idea that someone would want to live in the ground still baffled him. Already, Juniper missed the real sky and the Aboveground forest. But, he had come to Solodin looking for better opportunities. The small Howler village didn’t offer much for a guy like him. He wanted to explore and learn more about different species. Now that the war was over, he was free to explore Solodin whenever he liked.

Juniper casually wandered around the city, stumbling across the gorgeous Solodin library. His eyes lit up in excitement as he walked in. The towering shelves and thousands of books fascinated him. Juniper hurried over to a shelf and began flipping through different leather-bound books. He was completely lost in his own little world. Though, his presence at the library seemed to cause quite a stir. Many Quell still held a distrust of Howlers and belived that they were little more than wild animals. With his barefeet and his slightly disheveled appearance, Juniper did look a little impoverished compared to the well dressed Quell in the library.
rubyrocketboots13

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby arvanien » Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:51 am

Arion suddenly made a sweeping movement with his left leg, kicking the ankles of the large Howler. At the same time, the Howler swung a punch at Arion's face. Both of them went down hard, Arion pinning the Howler to the mat. A thin trickle of blood leaked from the corner of his mouth, but the red-haired Quell didn't seem to care. He grinned widely and helped the Howler to his feet, both of them panting and sweaty. Turning as Hawthorne approached, Arion brushed his hair out of his eyes.

"Hey Hawthorne," he called goodnaturedly, quickly wiping at his mouth. "Did you see that wicked punch?" He clapped the shoulder of the grey Howler in a friendly manner, his hazel eyes slightly unfocused.

Celeste got up from her full split, wincing slightly. "Hi, Basil!" She waved, smiling. She had met Basil before but never saw her come into the training center too often. Arion looked over at who Celeste was addressing in surprise, never having met Basil before. His gaze lingered slightly on Basil's small figure before snapping out of it and quickly turning his attention back on Hawthorne. Celeste noticed and cast an amused glance at Hawthorne to see if he too had noticed. (Celeste will head to the library soon).
arvanien

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rubyrocketboots13 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:31 am

Hawthorne

" Hey Arion," Hawthorne said, chuckling warmly at Arion's enthusiasm for destruction. The usually stony-faced soldier couldn't help but smile back a bit. " Yep, I saw it! Both of you were brilliant, mate." He said honestly, giving an approving nod. The captain wasn't one to waste a compliment.

As he heard his sister speak, he looked down and her and accepted the papers. " Oh thanks, Basil. I'll take a look at them later" Hawthorne said. He had to admit, he was surprised to see her at the training center. Basil rarely left their mansion by herself unless she had to. Though, Hawthorne shrugged away the thought; he was in too good of a mood to worry about it. Though, he was just a little disturbed by the way Celeste looked at him amusedly.

Basil

Basil slipped her hands in her jean pockets after she gave the papers to Hawthorne. At Celeste's cheerful greeting, she smiled a tiny bit back," Hi, Celeste. How are you? " She had met Celeste before, though she hadn't spoken to her very often. Arion, on the other hand, she only knew from what Hawthorne had told her about him. Looking up at him, she couldn't help but blush faintly as she realized he had looked her over as well. Arion was quite good looking, but was that... blood on his lip? After she found her voice again, Basil smiled a bit shyly at Arion, " Hi" She said quietly, giving a small wave.

Juniper

~ Still at the Library~

( Coolio! ^^ )
rubyrocketboots13

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby arvanien » Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:22 am

"Thanks," Arion said shortly, absentmindedly running a hand through his disheveled red hair. He somehow still managed to look perfectly fine after the wrestling. But, he was slightly confused at himself for how he felt as soon as Basil reached the scene. Arion had never cared much for girls, so why did he feel so...flustered? Another stream of blood ran down the corner of his mouth to his jawline, bringing him back to reality. He hadn't realized that the punch had split his lip. He briefly pressed his fingers against the spot, trying hard not to glance at Basil again.

Celeste had definitely noticed Arion's behavior. She said cheerfully to Basil, "I'm doing quite well today! Oh, this is my brother, Arion," she said happily before Arion could even say anything, and nudged him forward a bit, biting back a smile. Arion managed not to step back and somewhat shyly extended his hand to Basil (luckily he'd used his left hand to staunch the blood at his mouth), looking as stiff as plywood. "...Good afternoon, ma'am." He said pleasantly. How had he never met her before?
arvanien

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me