I Hate That I Love You || 1x1

If you only want to roleplay with one other person, or only with certain people, then you can do so here (any genre).
Forum rules
Remember, all content must remain child-friendly at all times!
Users breaking this rule by using foul language, roleplaying explicit sexual scenes, excessive violence/torture, non-consensual 'romance', or other adult themes may be banned.

one-oh-seven ✘ forty-seven ✘ fifty-three

Postby adheline » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:27 am

C L A Y T O N
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

tagged⇨ Jessie relationship⇨ non-existant locale⇨ park role⇨ meetings in the park boy

Clayton stands steady as Jessie tests her ankle with weight. It didn't seem too bad as he watched the process, so he wasn't surprised when she told him her findings. Still, it was reassuring to hear. He feels bad for his initial reaction now that he knows she was actually hurt. He'd be twice as guilty had it been serious. "Good, let me know if it starts feeling worse, though," he says, because instead of helping her around the park he'd help her right on home to rest the joint. At this point he thinks he remembers the way to her house, reminding him that's he's been there too many times. If her mom knew he'd gotten Jessie hurt, and let her walk around on an injured ankle... he really didn't know much about the woman but the one interaction he had was enough to know what he was dealing with. He looks at Jessie when she suggests that they continue, but he can't bring himself to return her smile. Eyeing her dubiously, he sighs discreetly. "If you're up for it, but... I think I've already put you through a lot today." Clayton brings his hand up to her side again so she doesn't have to put as much effort into her balance. "Sorry for laughing, it was reflex." And it was really funny at the time to watch her struggle, but he wasn't about to tell her that. Probably spoke something about him to find amusement like that, but he would defend himself by bringing up how many other people laugh at videos of just the same thing. The way she's looking at him, though, reminds him of who they were at the start of all this. Completely different to one another. Really, they still were. A couple similarities didn't erase all the differences. He can't quite grasp how they got to the point they were at, and the things they'd done and said lately.

N A T H A N I E L

tagged⇨ Skylar relationship⇨ non-existant locale⇨ school role⇨ science project boy

Nathaniel doesn't let his focus slip to Skylar as she finishes addressing her burn, instead tinkering with the equipment on their table distractedly while he waits for her to finish up. He reaches down and shifts the ice cubes about until he's satisfied. The determination to not look at her remains as she sits back at the table, and he writes down the temperatures of all the waters for future record. The cool and cold still have a little bit of time left before they're stable, but the initial reading will help him decide if the changes have slowed down enough when they transition. Skylar's gratitude is hesitant, and he finally looks at her with a doubtful glance. Not that she can see, since she still won't look at him. He could only imagine how often she extended the words 'thank' and 'you' if that was how she went about saying it. He hummed a brief "uh-huh," in response, eying her wrapped hand before shifting his attention back to their experiment. He checks the burner again before answering her question, "Yeah, it's all set. Cold water will be ready by the time we move onto it." As he straightens out the solute containers again, Nathaniel covers a yawn. The monotony of the experiment, and having to sit down to it again, was starting to get to him. "Want me to measure them out this time?" he asks, both in consideration for not making her do all the work and in reference to her hand.

A U D R E Y

tagged⇨ Michael relationship⇨ non-existant locale⇨ cafe role⇨ the third girl

The one word answer Michael gives her, however enthusiastically said, makes her pause and raise an eyebrow at him. She focuses quickly on her task, though, pulling out a cup and filling it with coffee, capping it deftly before handing it off. There's no one else in line at the moment, giving her time to rest her palms on the counter and watch Michael bus. Her bottom lip is securely between her teeth, brow tight. Something was up with him. Obviously, things were getting weird back in the break room. But he was extra distant, barely even looking at her. Any other day she's be praising whatever forces brought this upon her, but she found that she was a little confused. Almost concerned, but she wasn't quite sure it was strong enough to be the main reason for watching him work. A small group approaches the register, giving her a distraction. Their drinks are just complicated enough that she's pretty sure it's a joke, but she fulfills them accordingly. Unfortunately, she doesn't think she'll have many opportunities like this to pass the time. The shop further down the mall is still new and promoting, and while customers were returning here one by one, the lack of a fancy sale like the other store wasn't as appealing. The last person in the group orders a bagel sandwich to go with his drink, and her professional smile tightens. She couldn't even hear the term 'bagel sandwich,' without thinking of Michael anymore. Trying not to glance at her coworker, Audrey turns and puts the bagel in the oven, just as he'd showed her, and then starts on the bizarre drink. Something in her wants to apologize, or reach out and ask what's wrong, without either of them being particularly applicable. She just doesn't know what's going on, and it's her least favorite feeling in the world, especially when she can't fix whatever's happening.
adheline

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

108 || 48 || 54

Postby lucky ⋆ » Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:16 pm

נєssιcα scσғιєℓδ

|| Meetings In The Park || Female || Seventeen || Pansexual || Location: Park || Tagged: Clayton

Watching his expressions, it was odd for Jessie to see him being so thoughtful, especially considering he was doing the complete opposite just a few minutes ago. While she has experienced the part of him a few time during the past week, she's still not very used to it. It's not a bad thing though. In fact, her smile softens even more at the sight. She could see how guilty he feels, seemingly blaming himself for all that just happened and his words confirmed it. She feels a little bad about that since it was partially her fault for being so stubborn and not asking for help when she really needed it. It might be one of reareasonson why she brought one of her hand up to cup his cheeks softly on reflex. "Hey, it's okay. I would probably do the same thing," she tells him with a light laugh, meeting his eyes. Despite saying that, after a bit more thinking she probably would not. Maybe with friends. She probably wouldn't have as mad if it was her friends. She might have a laugh along with them. She tries to imagine if it was Nathaniel and she would definitely be embarrassed but laughing along. But then again she couldn't see him laughing in the first place. He would probably rush up to help the second she fell. Her initial reaction was purely based on their interaction in the last. "I think I can manage a few shots," she tells him cheerfully. She is more concerned that he isn't really in the mood for that anymore. "Are you up for it, though?" she asks. "If you're really worried you can take me back home." She didn't want him to do that though. She still wanted to spend some more time with him. Of course, they could do that at her house. "We could hang there and maybe plays some video games." she suggests before realizing how nerdy that sounded and adds "I-if you want to, that is."

sкчℓαя נαcσδs

||The Science Project || Female || Seventeen || Heterosexual || Location: School || Tagged: Nathaniel

Skylar finally glances up at him when confirms that everything is ready. She nods at his words. Back to doing the same thing over and over again. Hopefully, they get this next part done as soon as possible. She's actually looking forward to their dinner date by this point. She was about to restart the experiment before stopping when he offers to do it instead. She frowns slightly, considering his offer. At first, she thought it was sole because of her hand. Her hand wasn't too badly hurt, so she doesn't think it would be too much trouble for her to continue the rest of the experiment. Then thinking about it some more, she realized that he probably wanted to contribute to the experiment as well and just have her do everything. She was still hesitant at letting him do it though. While in every group project she has done, she makes sure to make everyone contribute and work together in some way, she was usually the one that handles all the important parts though. Her hand probably does need some rest though. And, she can't believe she's admitting this, but she actually thinks she can trust him with doing this recently. Despite his earlier carelessness. "If you don't mind," she says, still slightly hesitant about this. "You'll have to do it precisely and carefully though," she commands while grabbing her notebook once again. "If you don't, I'm trying over again." She gives him a warning look to not mess this up. She'll be watching him very closely.

мιcнαєℓ нσяяιsσи

|| The Third || Male || Eighteen || Heterosexual || Location: Café || Tagged: Audrey

Michael moves from table to table, wiping them so thoroughly, that by the end they look brand new. He isn't thrilled about doing it, but it gives him something to do. As expected, today was a slow day at the café, especially with that new café attracting most people's attention. He wished there was more though, so Audrey could be more distracted. He peeks over at her a couple times and caught her looking over at him. Which, having her attention would delight him any other day, but not with his most recent realization from their interaction a few minutes. So. He likes her. What's new? He's always liked her. He likes lots of people. It was one of the reasons why he bothers her so much. It started just because it was fun seeing her reactions and she was attracted, which was a big plus. But somewhere along the lines, he got too deep. Noticing things he would never try to even notice about other girls. So, why doesn't he just ask her out? Where's his usual confidence? It isn't as simple as that. He knows she would never think of him that way. Despite her previous answer just minutes before. But she denied it plenty of times, not taking him seriously. Realizing he was cleaning a table that he already cleaned, he thinks it's time to stop cleaning tables before it gets too suspicious. He moves back to the back of the counter to get to restoring. Not really, focusing on where he was going, he bumps into Audrey. He just mumbles a quick apology before shuffling back to get some more napkins.
lucky ⋆

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

one-oh-eight ✘ forty-eight ✘ fifty-four

Postby adheline » Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:05 pm

C L A Y T O N

tagged⇨ Jessie relationship⇨ non-existant locale⇨ park role⇨ meetings in the park boy

Her hand on his cheek is such a simple touch, but it makes him pause nonetheless. In fact, it's probably the simplicity of the act that surprises him so much. It's soft, domestic. Unassuming. He blinks down at her, but then manages to scoff. "I doubt that, you're annoyingly nice." Which, she was. He can't even begin to imagine her laughing at so much as someone walking into a glass door. He, on the other hand, about busted out when his dad did that. Something about a businessman in a full suit falling back from an invisible force. Clayton nods in the direction of the parking lot, corner of his mouth lifting at the uplift in her spirits. It turns into a full smirk at her suggestion. Video games. She surprised him more and more, but he can see it now that he thought about it. He himself wasn't a serious gamer, but he liked to pick something up every now and then to relieve a little stress, or annihilate one of his crowing friends. He'd wonder why she offered to play with him, but he was beginning to notice when she tried to extend their meetings. He can't complain, really, he was guilty of the very same thing. "Gaming it is, we'll finish this another time. You should probably rest your ankle," he tells her, narrowing his eyes in thought. In fact, she probably shouldn't walk on it for a bit. Even if she wanted to, they'd have to move pretty slow. "Piggyback or bridal?" he asks at last, meeting her eye with only the faintest hint of humor.

N A T H A N I E L

tagged⇨ Skylar relationship⇨ non-existant locale⇨ school role⇨ science project boy

The adamant way Skylar expresses the need for perfection makes him smile despite himself. Elitist. "I think I can manage," he says gravely, popping open the salt. He can't blame her, really. He's the same way. He'd rather just do the work in a group than split it up and have to re-do when, ultimately, someone messes up. He's not a perfectionist in any means, but he's a fan of saving time, and generally just getting things right on the first attempt. Duplicating work was a waste of resources, no matter the requisites for team responsibilities. Still, the fact that she could doubt him in his accuracy. Insulting, really. Nathaniel was an intellectual. He carefully measures out the right amount of salt, then holds the test tube up in front of her, swishing it around tauntingly. "Sodium chloride. Five grams," he announces dramatically, putting it back down. Then he measures the water, "Warm water. Twenty-five milliliters," he continues pouring it into the test tube and swirling it three times, exactly as she had previously. He spares her a half second glance, focusing on the solution and writing the results. "I do hope I'm meeting your standards," he pledges sarcastically.

A U D R E Y

Between customers, to try and keep herself from burning holes into Michael with her stare, Audrey reorganized every little thing around her register. The cups, the syrups, the exact location of the tip jar. The pencil holder received about four remodels. She also discovered the ingredients in their most popular flavor shots, hip against the counter while she read quietly to herself all the different names for 'sugar.' Maybe it was her ability to move past things quickly that was rising up again, but she didn't understand why Michael was being so moody. Well, maybe that wasn't the right word, but he was definitely out of it. If it was because of her playing back there, he was more of a hypocrite than she thought. She couldn't think of any other reason he wasn't his usual self, since he was fine before they came out here. She'd just handed away a drink when he bumped into her, and for a moment she just stood there, staring after him. His apology was lackluster, but at least she knew then that it wasn't intentional. Looking around to make sure there wasn't anybody she needed to take care of, she stepped after him and up to his side, flicking him in the shoulder. And Dan said she was the unpleasant employee, pah. If only he could see Michael now. "Hey, lighten up. You're scaring away the crowd." She jerked her hand flippantly towards the break room, where the little machine to clock in sat innocently. "What? Don't tell me you can dish a little teasing but can't take it when it's given right back?" She tried to keep her tone a light, but heard a little accusation slip through.
adheline

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

109 || 49 || 55

Postby lucky ⋆ » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:13 pm

נєssιcα scσғιєℓδ

|| Meetings In The Park || Female || Seventeen || Pansexual || Location: Park || Tagged: Clayton

When he calls out her for being annoying nice, Jessie can only just give him a sheepish look and a slightly awkward laugh. She can't deny that, but that doesn't mean she can't like slapstick humour. Although, she wouldn't say it was her favourite style of humour. Her smile grows when he agrees to her suggestion. She was a little worried at first that he wouldn't and tease her about it. But it seems like they have a similar interest in gaming. She nods when he tells her that they'll continue this some other time. "For sure. I promise I'll model for you again," she tells him, feeling a little back that he didn't get to do much of his photography because of him. She waits for him to start heading toward the parking lot. Her eyes widen at his question. She wasn't exactly sure what he meant at first before realizing that he was offering to carry her. Her first thought was bridal, which makes her blush. She doesn't know why her first choice is the more romantic one. Instead of answering that though, she stutters out, "I-I don't know. Whichever one that is easier for you?" Piggyback would probably be the choice in that case. Not it really mattered. She would rather he do neither and just help her walk. Her ankle isn't causing her that much pain and she really didn't want to put him through unnecessary trouble. "You don't have to do that though," she tells him, pulling away from him a little more. She turns toward the parking lot. "You can just help me walk."

sкчℓαя נαcσδs

||The Science Project || Female || Seventeen || Heterosexual || Location: School || Tagged: Nathaniel

Skylar raises an eyebrow at him as he starts before watching him closely just as she told herself she would. She was satisfied as he does everything as carefully as she did but narrows her eyes at his tone. Whatever effects his previous kindness had on her is officially gone now. They're back to their regular style. She continues watching him closely but stops to rolls her eye at his comment. She glares at him for a moment as he writes down the result before doing so herself. She has to admit that he's doing fine. No mistakes so far. She isn't going to let him have that satisfaction though. "It would be if you drop the attitude." she quips, the tone just as sarcastic as his, pausing her writing for a second. She continues to finish writing done the result. "Seriously though. Just do what it's needed," she tells him, not looking up. "We don't have time for sarcastic comments." She rolls her eyes once again to herself. She was really getting bored of the repetitiveness of this experiment. "Remember we have a dinner reservation to get to." she reminds him while swinging her pencil to the clock. Of course, there was still plenty of time until they actually leave, but she still wanted to say it. It felt weird saying that, though. It almost reminded her of a bickering old couple. She grimaces at the thought before tapping the table impatiently as she waits for him to continue the experiment.

мιcнαєℓ нσяяιsσи

|| The Third || Male || Eighteen || Heterosexual || Location: Café || Tagged: Audrey

Michael was just going through the motions of finding the napkins. He was just grabbing hold of a pack of napkins when Audrey suddenly appears by his side. He was so surprised at her presence he drops the napkins. After flailing his arms around for a bit, he was luckily able to catch it again. He glances towards Audrey as she spoke. He raises an eyebrow when she tells him to lighten up and that he was scaring away the customers. He almost asked 'what crowd', but her next words when he stops. He furrows his brows at what she says. Her tone was light, but the accusation was clear to him. She thought he was sulking because he could take her teasing. "What? Oh my- That's not -" He can't even form a proper sentence at her unawareness. Oh god, she doesn't know how he feels at all. He shakes his head and rolls his eyes. It's clearly not that. After all, he tried to bring back some sense of normalcy right afterwards with the whole clocking in thing. He opens his mouth to explain, but then closes it when he couldn't come up with a good explanation. He does a couple times before just giving up. "Just forget it," he mutters, waving it off as he begins to walk back to the front. He pauses briefly, glancing at her. "Why do you care anyway? Shouldn't you be happy that I'm not bothering you?" He tries asking casually, but it just ends up sounding bitter, before continuing walking. Despite how he feeling, he still forces himself to grin as he walks away. Trying his best to get his regular attitude back.
lucky ⋆

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

one-oh-nine ✘ forty-nine ✘ fifty-five

Postby adheline » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:55 pm

C L A Y T O N

Her promise to postpone their photography session makes Clayton smile, though he wonders if he'll actually take her up on it. The situation today was happenstance. He already had his camera, and the suggestion was more to distract her from an uncomfortable conversation than anything. The chances of a similar opportunity springing up were slim to none. The thought's nice, though, and the fact that she's willing to give it another go is just as appeasing. Things were back on their abnormal track, it seemed, as they were playing nice. Their differences in brazenness was still astoundingly apparent, however. Seeing as the offer to carry her made her visibly uncomfortable, if her blush was anything to go by, Clayton sighed theatrically and nodded his concession. "Fine, but it'll be your fault if we take all day," he says, adjusting his skull cap with the hand not supporting her. His admission has no bite, since he gets why she doesn't want to be held. He still doesn't want a repeat performance of her fall, though. Even as she moved away from him, he secured his hold on her and led them towards his car. As they shuffled along, he kept a wary eye on her to make sure they were going at a comfortable pace. He decided to distract himself with a continuation of their conversation. "So what kind of games do you play?" he asks casually, though he's really quite curious. He wonders is she's the silent, stoic gamer who sits calmly and close-mouthed in front of the screen, or if she's a button-mashing, mmo-screamer. Likely the former, though seeing the latter would be rather amusing.

N A T H A N I E L

Following the swing of her pencil towards the classroom's clock, Nathaniel shakes his head, annoyed, moving on to the next solute. There was still a good few ticks of the clock before even an early dinner. Course, maybe the posh dine ahead of everyone else. He measures everything out again without his previous ridicules, motions quick and precise. "Yeah, well if we don't have time for that, maybe we don't have time for you to be so nitpicky," he muttered, swirling the test tube in his hand. "And stop tapping," he complained at her impatient motion, the noise irking him. Were it just a vague habit he wouldn't have minded so much, but the fact that she was doing it to be uptight made it less than easy to ignore. After a couple tests, Nathaniel noticed that he was chewing lightly on the aglet of one of his hoodie's drawstrings, and he quickly let it fall from his mouth, flushing. He didn't realize he was doing it, so he figured he must have lifted it up while writing something down. It was a concentration-aiding habit he had that he had no idea where he picked up. The action helped to center him, like a fidget toy that let him use his hands. He still preferred that nobody saw it, though, which made Skylar seeing it considerably embarrassing. The little act, however useful to him, made him feel childish. Simply, adults don't eat their clothes. Nathaniel shifted in his seat, hunching over the table as he continued to pour the water and solutes in a patterned method. He could do it with his eyes closed by now, he figures, it would add an interesting dimension to their experiment.

A U D R E Y

Audrey steps back so Michael can safely grab at the napkins he dropped, wide eyed. She hadn't meant to scare him. His reaction to her comment made her frown, because clearly she was missing something. If that wasn't it, then what was? Not knowing frustrated her, and the way he bypassed an actual answer and just walked out on her made it worse. Gah, he was infuriating! Why he couldn't ever just be straightforward was beyond her. Always playing around and messing with her, aside from his constant appearances it was foreign behavior. A concept she needed to study because it wasn't culturally ingrained in her. She started to feel unreasonably angry. Stomping after him, Audrey huffed out a breath. "I should be," she agreed. "But I'm not. Stop," she commanded quietly, reaching out to grab his sleeve. "Michael, I-" a light cough interrupts her, and she glances over to see someone waiting at her register. Audrey sighs, tightening her hold on his sleeve so he can't leave again and holding up her index finger, motioning to the customer that she'd just be a moment. When she faces Michael again, her brow is furrowed, serious, and she looks between his eyes. "I don't hate you, Michael," she says softly, wetting her bottom lip. Nerves were biting at her stomach, and she realized her anger had ebbed away when she gripped his shirt. Because she didn't hate him, not anymore. She did at one point, for sure. Several points, actually. But now, obnoxiously, he was beginning to grow on her. Like a fungus. But he made her smile, and laugh, and she actually had fun with him. Once she got beyond all his fanfare. So no, she wasn't happy that he was walking away. She let go of him, stepping back. And, time for a little sincerity. "You make me happy," she says simply, facing him for just a second longer before turning to the person in line and apologizing for the wait.
adheline

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

110 || 50 || 56

Postby lucky ⋆ » Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:34 pm

נєssιcα scσғιєℓδ

Jessie pouts at his impatientness. A little sprain wouldn't her slow down that much. Plus, they still have plenty of time left. The afternoon just started. She's thankful that he didn't push the idea of carrying her. Although there is a small part of her that feels slightly disappointed. But she didn't think much of it, because who wouldn't want to be carried when their foot was hurt. She makes her way to the parking lot with him. Carefully placing her steps, so her ankle doesn't suffer more. She was a little slow at first, trying to get used to walking with her ankle. It wasn't long before she starts walking her regular pace, once she figured out how exactly to place and how long to put pressure on her ankle. It helped that Clayton had a solid hold on her and was guiding her along. She glances toward him at his question, but still mostly focused on her steps. "Uh, a little bit of everything," she tells him. She has a good amount of games around her house since her dad is gaming too. He tends to get whatever looks interesting, so they ended up with a variety of different genres. She would usually try them with him. If she like them, she would continue playing them, it didn't really matter what kind of games they were. Of course, based on the ones she keeps playing, she does seem to have a liking to one type of game. "My favourites are usually RPGs though," she tells him. They reach the parking lot at this point. "What about you?" she asks, shuffling toward his car that was very obvious among the others. She assumes that the game too considering he didn't shoot down her offer.

sкчℓαя נαcσδs

Skylar glares at his comment on her nitpickiness but doesn't say anything. She's not being nitpicky, she just making sure the experiment goes as smoothly and efficiently as possible. While being extremely precise and careful with everything as well... Okay, maybe she is a bit of control freak. She can admit that at least, but it's for both of their benefits. She relents her tapping begrudgingly but figures it's for the best. She doesn't want to distract him too much from the experiment. For the rest of the experiment, she stills pretty silently again. Just speaking when confirming the results from time to time. Even when she notices him chewing on the end of the sting of his hoodie, she just gives him a strange look. The action is childish. It could also be endearing to some people. She's sticking with childish though. Still, she doesn't say anything. She thinks the monotonous nature of the experiment is really getting to her. Although, it seems like her lack of energy help since they were able to get through the rest of the experiment fairly quickly without them talking back and forth. Once she finishes writing down the last result, she stretches out her arms. She lets out a sigh and looks towards the clock. Hm, there is still have plenty of time to clean up before her dinner reservation. "I'll call Jeffery now to pick us up, so he can be here once we finish cleaning up," she tells Nathaniel. She still can't believe they're doing this. "Are you still up for this?" she asks, giving him one last out, but her tone sounds more like she's challenging him.

мιcнαєℓ нσяяιsσи

Michael's expression stiffens when Audrey grabs hold of his sleeves. He was tempted to continue walking when he notices a customer waiting. He gives them an apologetic smile as Audrey motions them to wait for a moment. Well, he can't escape from her now. His expression was still tense as he waits for what she was about to say. It changes to slight awe at her words though. He watches her walk away to tend to the waiting customer, feeling much, much, lighter than before. He feels a surge of courage at her sincerity. Not enough for him to be eternally truthful. Pigs will fly when that day comes. But enough for him to realize his dumbass behaviour a few minutes ago. He sets down the napkins and waits until she finishes with the customer before approaching her. Once she's done, he walks towards and stands beside her. He takes a small breath before speaking. "Hey, I'm sorry." he starts with a apology. He speaks quietly, so that only she can hear this. "I'm being idiot like always." He lets out a small chuckle before turning more serious. "It's just that I just realized a lot of things about..." he says, vaguely gestures towards her and himself. He pauses as he thinks of how to phrase his next words. "I can't tell you those things yet, but just know that I may seem like the least serious around you, but I'm actually probably the most serious around you," he tells her sincere as eloquent as he can. He hopes she gets what he's trying to convey. He's definitely no poet. "But anyway, I'll get back to normal now," he tells her with a poke to her side before getting back to work on actual necessary things around the café.
lucky ⋆

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

one-ten ✘ fifty ✘ fifty-six

Postby adheline » Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:28 am

C L A Y T O N

Seeing the progress Jessie made in walking comforts Clayton for two reasons. The first: they wouldn't spend forever hobbling to the car. Secondly, it was proof she wasn't lying when she said it wasn't bad. He's known people who, for one reason or another, lessen the intensity of their injury when explaining it. Logic ranged from keeping up an appearance to not wanting to worry others, and it was something towards the second end of the spectrum that he was hoping Jessie wasn't at, because he wouldn't put it past her to be more concerned with others than herself in some instances. Not that she couldn't look out for herself, he knew firsthand that she had a handle on things. The corner of Clayton's mouth lifts up at her answer of RPGs, because it seems to fit. He leads them to the passenger side of his car, shoving his free hand in his pocket and pulling out his keys. "Ah, RPGs are fun. More of a shooter kind of guy myself, though." He unlocks the car and swings open the door, making sure she's settled before shutting it firmly and rounding to the driver's side. It kind of sinks in that he'll actually be walking into her house this time, sitting in her house. He can't figure out when they got to this point, this level of comfort that nobody would have expected them to have. If he's being honest, he's had girlfriends whose houses he hasn't been to. Long term friends where the situation was the very same - never stepped a foot through their doorway. The way things have been between them, though, where everything is so weird and unexpected, he can't really be shocked. It's just become their thing, to go back and forth from expected to unexpected and transition fairly smoothly. Clayton puts the car in gear and leaves the parking lot, not having to ask her for directions this time because he remembers the way.

N A T H A N I E L

Nathaniel's glad to reach the end of the experiment, finishing his recordings with a flourish. He folds the notebook closed and turns his head to face Skylar, jaw tightening. Regarding her quietly for a moment, he can hear the challenge in her question. Logically, he should never have accepted to begin with. Now, he should take the chance to get himself out of this mess, however cowardly it makes him look. What would they even do at dinner? Sit at the table staring at their plates? That aside, the fact of who it was should be more than enough to discourage him from continuing on. It sounded far too close to a date with his enemy. But he doesn't like the way she asked, and he doesn't want to give her the satisfaction of him being the one to back out. "I am," he confirms, angling away from her and putting his notebook and pen in his bag. One more questionable decision tonight and he might have to get his head checked. This makes the second opportunity at least to get out of this dumb arrangement, and thus the second time at least he's let his pride block the exit. She was right, at least. It would be more entertaining than his original plans. As long as he didn't go home with a fork in his eye. "Go make your call, I'll start clearing up," he says, standing up and gathering test tubes to bring to the sink and wash out. They used a fairly minimal amount of equipment, so cleaning shouldn't take too long. Nathaniel glanced up at the clock, thinking that for as torturously long as the experiment felt, they made pretty good time with it. Their observations were also satisfactory to the hypothesis, and he felt confident that they had a good lab to hand in. All that was left was to formally write up the data and write the report. More after school sessions with Skylar. Yay.

A U D R E Y

Audrey hands off the espresso with another quick apology and looks up at Michael as he speaks. Her eyebrow raises when he motions between the two of them, not entirely sure at first what exactly he's referring to. So she waits quietly for an explanation, only to be told he can't tell her. She can't possibly imagine what there is to say that can't be told to her upfront, but she decides she won't pressure him for it. Especially since it was something someone so brazen as Michael felt hesitant to say. She understands the desire to wait for a bit, probably for somewhere less public and when they weren't on the clock. Audrey just wonders how long he's intending on making her wait. She never did like not knowing something. Smiling faintly, she swats away the hand that pokes her, eyeing him sideways. "Good, you're not as attractive when you pout," she manages to call after him teasingly. It occurs to her that she's started treating him like she does her friends, and the thought doesn't scare her as much as it used to. She lets her eyes remain on him for a moment before resting her gaze on the counter, thinking about what he's just said. He was right. She never took him seriously, expecting every word out of his mouth to be a joke or comment otherwise at her expense. He liked pushing her buttons, riling her up because it was so easy for him to do. But if he were being serious around her... She bit her lip, remembering some of the things he's said to her, and thinking that surely that's not what he meant just now. Things like her being attractive. It was a joke they had, and jokes weren't serious. She let herself entertain the thought, feeling more pleased than she wanted to be. Before she can get carried away and start treading dangerous territory, someone comes to the register and orders tea, giving her something to occupy herself with. She carries on accordingly, doing little tasks around her like wiping down surfaces and organizing to keep her from thinking too hard about Michael, making drinks and food as the sparse orders came in.
adheline

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

111 || 51 || 57

Postby lucky ⋆ » Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:52 pm

נєssιcα scσғιєℓδ

At his answer, Jessie feels a sense of triumph as that's exactly what she expected him to say. It just seems to go with his personality and character. She wonders if he felt the same with her and RPG. "Ah, thought so." she hums cheerily before trying to get in her seat as smoothly as she could. She notices that he open the car door for her again. He pretty much always have even when this odd dynamic between them just started, but she's just noticing it now when the action has been repeated a couple. She wonders if it's a trained habit or something. After a couple of awkward maneuvers, she manages to settle in the passenger seat. "Shooters are cool, but I'm terrible at them," she admits just before he starts the car. She was waiting for him to ask for directions to her house again, but it seems like he didn't need. She guesses that he been to her house enough times that he has the path memorized by now. It was odd that he had been to her house that many times while never actually stepping inside once. It's even odder that he'll be inside her house. A week ago, she definitely didn't think he'll ever be near her house. She had friends over before, Nathaniel a couple times and Audrey once or twice, but this feels different. Which makes sense considering who he was. She's suddenly feeling a little self-conscious. She'd imagine that her house would be way less impressive than his. Her house is a decent size, but it's just a regular suburban house. It's also a little messy. Well, it's not exactly messy just lived in. "Uh, just a warning. My house is a little messy... And small." she still warns as she getting closer to her house. Once they arrive, she reaches in her pockets to get her keys out. After getting those ready, She opens the door and pulls herself up using the door for balance, but waits for him to help her to her front door.

sкчℓαя נαcσδs

As she waits for his final decision, Skylar pulls out her phone, prepare to dial for her or potentially their ride. She knows she really shouldn't be, but she's still surprised that he doesn't back down. She should be used to the fact that he wouldn't when it comes to dealing with her. And she's slightly impressed by that since she would do the same. She looks momentarily amused before it turns into a slight frown again, realizing that she's was admitting that they were alike in some areas. She turns away with a grimace as she begins to call up her chauffeur. It didn't take too long, she just had to do the regular confirmation of where she is and where she is going. She does mention briefly that someone will be joining her. After finishing her call, she simply joins Nathaniel in cleaning up. While he was washing up the test tubes, she closed up all the solutes and put away whenever that doesn't need washing and was borrow from the lab back to their original locations. With the two of them both cleaning and the limited amount of material and equipment they used it didn't take too long for everything to be tidied up. She gathers up her notebook and pencil, putting them in her backpack and pencil case. "Good work today." she compliments as she packs up. She hates to praise him, but she's got to give credit where credit is due. "There are areas that could be improved on, but I think we did an adequate job." They definitely could have argued less, but there is no possibility where they wouldn't. They did fine, either way, getting the experiment fairly quickly and with minimal trouble. Finishing packing up, she takes a glance towards the clock before turning to face Nathaniel. "We should get going. Our ride will be here soon," she tells him before exiting the room towards the school's main door, assuming he'll follow.

мιcнαєℓ нσяяιsσи

Michael lets out a small chuckle at her response to his little speech. He turns around to resume restocking the napkins because they did actually need to be restocked. He is surprised how productive that his sulky self was being. Although, he still much prefer the regular version of himself. And it seems that Audrey likes it best too despite her annoyance towards it at the same time, so he for sure has to keep this attitude up. He's mostly back now, feeling lighter than before. He actually feels even lighter than he usually feels. It may be how easily she has accepted his explanation. She didn't pressure him into further explaining himself. He knows that it's probably killing her with her being such a know-it-all. He guesses it's one of the qualities that he likes about her. She's driven, but still considerate. He definitely wants waits for a better time to say what he wants to say. He never really plans anything out, but he feels like he needs to for this. Clearly, he takes way more serious than he thought. After finishing what he was doing. He goes back to the registers to help out Audrey with the customer. He couldn't be much help with the lack of customer. It was mostly him standing around, occasionally helping out with the orders when he could see a way to help. Luckily, Dan comes and saves him from another boring shift at work. Their manager gives them a little mission: to scout out the newly opened the café. Apparently, the owner requested him to send someone to do this. Dan's sending both of them out since he was getting sick of just sitting around and wants to manage the front. "Oh, an undercover mission. We should wear disguises." Michael suggests once Dan finishes explaining their assignment. Their manager just gives him a blank look and tells him to just take off his uniform and wears his regular clothes. Michael sighs dramatically, but heads to the back room to change.
lucky ⋆

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

one-eleven ✘ fifty-one ✘ fifty-seven

Postby adheline » Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:05 pm

C L A Y T O N

tagged⇨ Jessie locale⇨ Jessie's house role⇨ meetings in the park boy

Half of Clayton's mouth lifts into a semi-smile, her guess at his style preference only adding onto his impression of her as some sort of secret master gamer. He decided not to say anything this time, but he was about to chide her on how shooters required more hand-eye coordination in a millisecond than she had in a week. Being clumsy didn't translate directly to being bad at shooters, obviously, but he's seen enough accidents to assume she was getting to that grace point. The ride to the house is quiet, and he'd glad she doesn't question his lack of navigational questions. It's not shameful to say he remembers it, but it's awkward nevertheless. Because of who they are. Rolling into her driveway, he puts the car in park and unbuckles. Her warning about her house makes him roll his eyes. "People always say that because I have a big house," he replies, which is true. He finds that anytime he goes to someone's house who's even fractionally smaller than his, they feel the need to warn him, in case he might sneer at it or something. He didn't blame them. It wasn't an unreasonable feeling to have, and he was somewhat unfriendly most days. "Honestly, I don't notice until you say something." He rounds to Jessie's door, supporting just as he had in the park with a hand on her side and pushed the car door closed. He directs them towards the front door. "Seriously, though, don't worry about it. Super clean houses freak me out, it's like no one lives there."

N A T H A N I E L

tagged⇨ Skylar locale⇨ school role⇨ science project boy

With SKylar's help, cleaning up is a breeze. In fact, the whole meet up has been quicker than expected, though he was basing his speculation off of his past partner projects. Skylar was a capable student. No one could ever guess with an attitude like hers, she was a prime piece for the dumb, mean, beautiful stereotype. He grimaced, replacing the word beautiful with... well. Nothing would really make that sentence any better. It was true anyways, if he could think of it like a report on facts. He dried the last test tube, sliding open the proper drawer and depositing them all carefully. Back at the table, he slides the solutes into his bag, and then slings it over his shoulder. It thumps lightly against his back. He raised an eyebrow at her assessment of their experiment, not really surprised but still intrigued by the criticism it held. Everything she said put him closer and closer to labeling her an out of control perfectionist. Maybe that's why she's always so angry, even the little things put her off. The thought didn't comfort him much. "Adequate," he repeats under his breath, watching her walk out of the classroom a moment before following leisurely, closing the door behind him. He catches up to her pace, hands in his jeans pockets and thumbs tucked in the belt loops. Walking towards the car, he realizes he doesn't actually know much of what he just agreed to. "So what exactly were the dinner plans?" he asks, eyeing her from the corner of his eye so he didn't have to turn his head.

A U D R E Y

tagged⇨ Michael locale⇨ cafe role⇨ the third girl

Audrey's not sure if she's thankful or not when Michael starts helping on the registers. For one, there are some occasions where a line starts to build. However, it's vastly outweighed by the pregnant spaces between in which he's just stolen half her work and she can only sit around waiting. She doesn't mind the silence, though, so she doesn't say anything. He still waits around more than her, too, so complaining would be for naught. Audrey could honestly hug Dan when he comes out and gives them a task. She's also glad he sends the both of them if only for the fact that since she was on the main register, she probably would have been the one left behind. She rolls her eyes at Michael's proposal to wear disguises, heading into the back room as well to hang up her apron. As she grabs her wallet so she can buy a drink, she pulls out her ponytail and ruffles her hair into place. She wants to see what all the hype is about this cafe's steamed vanilla bean milk, to see if it was up to par with her preferences for the flavor and texture. Vanilla and creamy drinks were her favorite, she was just stuck between wanting a good drink and wanting it to be bad so she could confidently report back to Dan. "Are you going to get something or stay loyal to the establishment?" she asks offhandedly, zipping her bag back up. "'Cuz we're sitting down and observing. My feet are killing me." Once she's all collected, which doesn't take long, she stands by the door and waits for him.
adheline

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

112 || 52 || 58

Postby lucky ⋆ » Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:23 am

נєssιcα scσғιєℓδ

|| Meetings In The Park || Female || Seventeen || Pansexual || Location: Home || Tagged: Clayton

Jessie feels a little better as he speaks but she still doesn't feel completely reassured despite his all effort in dismissing her worries. She still gives him a soft smile for his words as she shifts her hold on him nonetheless. She makes her way towards the front door with Clayton's help. She puts her weight onto the wall as she reaches to unlock the door. Once she leads them inside, she closes the door. After a brief struggle to change into her slippers and getting Clayton a pair, she leads out of the little entrance area. Passing the staircases, they enter the kitchen and dining area, then to the living room through the nearby doorway. She settles on the couch, freeing Clayton from her grasp. "Why don't you pick out a game?" She should probably stick to couch for the benefit of both of them. "They're all over there," she informs him as she gestured to glass cabinet beside the medium size tv. "They should be either order alphabetically or by genre." Her father likes to reorder them randomly from time to time, claiming that it's the only thing in the house he has full control over. She notices her bag that she forgot in her dad's car on the couch near where she sat down. He must have dropped it off before he went to work. She grabs her bag and reaches in to pull out her charger. She plugs it in the outlet beside the couch. She turns her phone on once it starts charging, checking her notifications. The first things she notices is texts from Nath and Audrey. She quickly responded to both of them. She thanks Nathaniel and tells that she's fine, explaining the situation with her staying overnight. She sends the same reassurance to Audrey, telling her that she'll explain everything tomorrow.

sкчℓαя נαcσδs

Stepping out of the school, Skylar notices that her chauffeur has already arrived. She raises an eyebrow at this, wondering if he was nearby already when she made the call. She makes her way to the car, glancing over at Nathaniel at his question. She was about to answer when Jeffery steps out of the car to greet the two. "Hello there, Miss Jacobs," he says, as she approaches him. "And Mr. Nathaniel, am I correct? Are we heading somewhere for your project again?" He turns to Nathaniel briefly to address him before turning back Skylar. "No, he's actually joining me for dinner," she tells the older man. Jeffery seems surprised at this, Skylar finds herself feeling the same way. Which is understandable, considering she very rarely invites classmates for dinner. The only person she does invite regularly is Clayton, but they know each other since forever. He also little amused or intrigued. She can't exactly tell. The man doesn't lose his composure though and simply asks if they will be heading towards her dinner reservation at an upscale restaurant she used to regularly go with her parents. It's pretty well-known, so she pretty sure Nathaniel would known it from Jeffery saying the name of the place. Or instead does she want heading home for dinner instead. She was about to tell him to head to the restaurant before realizing there was a second option. They could potentially go to her house to have dinner, but does she really wants to invite him to her house. On the other hand, being seen having dinner with him in public doesn't seem any better. She turns to Nathaniel. "Well, since your my guest. I'll leave it up to you," she says, putting her hands on her hip. She can't decide what's worse, so she'll leave it up to him.

мιcнαєℓ нσяяιsσи

As he hangs up his apron and getting his wallet, Michael discreetly watches Audrey do the same in the corner of his eye. He gets slow down in his process of getting ready as she shakes out her hair, getting a little mesmerized by the sight. He shrugs at her question as he turns her focus back on closing up his bag. "Well, I have to get something. How else will I be able to conduct a proper investigation." he scoffs as if the answer was obvious, giving her look of exasperation before for a solid minute before reverting to his normal grin. He walks over to her once he was ready and gives her a serious answer. "Maybe. I might get something if there is anything special. But we'll get a seat, don't worry." He gives her a warmer smile when he finishes speaking. With that he steps out of the door, making his way towards the newly opened café. He had also forgotten where it was, but with the quick glance at the mall map and seeing the flow of traffic in the mall, he was able to navigate to the location fairly quickly. Arriving at the café, he notices that it wasn't as busy compared to the weekends, but it was still bustling. He can actually see the front of the store where previously there was just a huge crowd in the way. He takes a glance at the sign in front of the store, describing it's promotions. Doing a quick scan, he realizes that this place was more of a sit-down and hang out place. Other than their unique drinks, they also offer a specialized menu for different groups of people. Whether it's friends, family or a couple. He beckons over Audrey. "Hey, you want to check this out?" he asks her with a slight smirk, gesturing to the sign, specifically pointing to the area with the description of couples' offer. It had a cute little doodle with hearts too.
lucky ⋆

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me