Long Road Ahead (1x1 with Sori)

If you only want to roleplay with one other person, or only with certain people, then you can do so here (any genre).
Forum rules
Remember, all content must remain child-friendly at all times!
Users breaking this rule by using foul language, roleplaying explicit sexual scenes, excessive violence/torture, non-consensual 'romance', or other adult themes may be banned.

Re: Long Road Ahead (1x1 with Sori)

Postby Agent Maine(Meta) » Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:47 pm

----H A N D S O M E J A C K ----

• Jack raises a brow at the statement. bought it with a bonus. Rhys willingly got an arm chopped off and replaced with a cybernetic. Wow, that was.... That was something. He sticks his hands in his pockets as he follows. "Gotta admit, thats pretty gutsy. Maybe alittle badass even. Getting a perfectly healthy functioning arm chopped off and replaced. And Ooh, personal tour sounds like fun. I'll be on my best behavior." He stated, being alittle sarcastic but otherwise seemed alright with the situation.

• Thought his thoughts did go back to earlier. "One question however i want to address. I heard that girl earlier, Yvette was her name? She said someone was coming here tonight. I'm not going to have to meet or interact with this person am I?" He questioned with his hands slightly raised. He wanted to be sure about this before he got to comfortable. Otherwise, he seemed quite pleased with what all he'd been doing so far. Rhys was a nice bright red and it was adorably hilarious.

∞|-|↓|-|↑|-|↓|-|↑|-|↓|-|↑|-|↓|-|↑|-|↓|-|↑|-|↓|-|↑|-|∞

>ImageImageImage<
>Personal ryka collection<
>ImageImage<
∞|↓|-|↑|-|↓|-|↑|-|↓|-|↑|-|↓|-|↑|-|↓|-|↑|-|↓|-|↑|∞
Agent Maine(Meta)

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sori » Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:24 pm

▀▄ ʀʜʏs ▀▄

"Thought it would help me get ahead in data-mining," Rhys shrugged as he exited the office, "and it did." Rhys rolled his eyes at the sarcasm, and responded with even more sarcasm. "Don't get too excited." At the mention of Vaughn, Rhys was a little surprised Jack seemed concerned about having to meet him. "Yvette, yes. And sorry, but you might have to. Vaughn's been my best friend since college, so he needs to be updated on everything. He most likely will also be mad at me. And believe it or not he's not a huge fan of you, either." To his friends, Rhys was a walking tidal wave of bad decisions. This was just another thing be added to the list of reasons to be upset with Rhys.

They made their way to the elevator, and Rhys explained this floor- the third floor- was mostly offices. People having lively conversations in the hallways and in their cubicles seemed to fall silent when the two walked by. Rhys took in a sharp breath through his teeth. Everyone's eyes seemed to be focused on them, and Rhys, shrugged and said loud enough for at least some of them to hear, "Don't worry, body-double." There had been rumors circulating for so long that Jack had body doubles, so he thought it was at least a reasonable lie. Some of them turned back to their work and now hushed conversations, others continued to gawk. Rhys continued to the elevator, and once the doors closed he pressed the button for basement level one.
Sori

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Agent Maine(Meta) » Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:52 pm

• Jack huffs a bit at that, not at all wanting to really see or interact with more people but what ever, he'll have to put up with it for now. Heck, he almost feels like a freak show with all this, but then again. Literal dead man walking right here. He shrugs that off for now as he nodded a bit in understanding. "As long as guns and the like stay away. I don't want to be stabbed or anything by them then." He concluded.

• He follows behind rhys easily, taking the occasional glance around just so he knew exactly where he might need to go if he needed to see someone personally. Going through the offices is definitely something. He's use to making a room go quiet, but never this fast. When Rhys mentions that he's a 'body double' he shrugs a bit, staying silent for once because he knew if he opened his mouth he'd totally ruin that lie. But everyone seems to believe it and goes back to what their doing, so jack follows rhys to the elevator. Once in the elevator, he leans against one of the walls, taps his foot alittle.

>ImageImageImage<
>ImageImage<
Agent Maine(Meta)

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sori » Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:31 pm

▀▄ ʀʜʏs ▀▄

"It'll be fine, Vaughn's not a violent soul." It was only because he'd been on Pandora before that his best friend was appointed leader of the Children of Helios, but Vaughn turned out to be pretty good at leading a bandit camp for such a nerdy guy. There was a short silence in the elevator, and Rhys was curious enough about it to ask- "Do you actually have body-doubles?" Being the (previously) huge Handsome Jack fan that he was, it was something Rhys used to think about a bit. He'd heard he had them before he became the CEO, even.

The elevator quickly came to a stop, and the two stepped out of it. "Alright, this level of the basement is the living-quarters. Cafeteria is over there-" Rhys gestured to a wide doorway, and inside were plenty of dining tables and further back was a kitchen. "There are some recreation areas where you can watch movies or play games if you want to, and then there's all the bedrooms." Rhys lead Jack down the main hallway, and pulled up a map interface with his hand. A blinking dot showed him where Jack's room was. "And you''ll be staying down this hallway it looks like-" Rhys took a turn, and watched the map until his locator stopped in front of the dot, a room close to the end of the hall. "Here. And if you need the bathroom, they're really easy to find. Sorry you don't get a private one that's just how it is." Were there fancier rooms that had private bathrooms? Sure there were. But currently they were all occupied by the higher-ups of Atlas since Rhys didn't think of putting extra rooms like that for visitors. "I stay on this floor, too, big room to left at the end of the main hall if I'm not working." As much as Rhys would've liked a penthouse on the top floor, the building was originally designed to have everyone live in the basement as a safety measure- they just remodeled the interior. Besides, it was probably better for him to live among his workers so the power of running Atlas didn't go to his head.
Sori

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Agent Maine(Meta) » Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:54 pm

• Jack snorts a bit at such a question, chuckling alittle. "Yes I do. Or did i guess in this timeline. In mine, oh yeah. A dozen of them at least. And one that still looks like me without this mask. But he stayed on Concordia, a city on Elpis." He answered with a shrug of his shoulders, seeming quite amused with rhys.

• When they get to the basement level, Jack follows along, taking note to the path due to his eidetic memory. "Nice, taking care of the employees." He mused with a nod of his head, his business sense perking up as he follows. When they reached his room and he was informed that he'd need to share a bathroom, he shrugs a bit. "Well, lots of late night showers for me then." He concluded in an almost playful tone. Its not like he wasn't use to showering super late at night anyways. Thought when rhys mentioned he also stayed down here, he rose a brow, a little interested that rhys would stay in these conditions and not in something nicer but, what ever.

• "So i'm pretty much confined to this room so not to scare your employees unless you've got any brighter ideas." He concluded with a shrug of his shoulders as he stepped forward so to open the door to the room, then turn and lean against the door jam to look at rhys face to face, arms loosely crossing at his chest. "Can you even afford all this? I know starting a company from scratch is pretty expensive after all." He hummed with a raised brow, quite curious.
[/quote]

>ImageImageImage<
>ImageImage<
Agent Maine(Meta)

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sori » Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:26 pm

▀▄ ʀʜʏs ▀▄

Well that was one mystery about Jack solved. "My only idea was for you to wear something on you head, but given that you don't like that idea you do have to stay here." Rhys rubbed his neck, and hummed a little as he put further thought into it. "Mayyybe you can leave the room if you keep up the act like you're a body-double? You'd have to try not to completely act like you, though." Not acting like the charming jerk Pandora knew and hated would probably be too hard for Jack with how big his ego was, but he threw the idea out there. Rhys scrunched up his face at the mention of money- he was stressed enough about it as is. "It's expensive. And sort of no, but we're working on sorting everything out." He hoped the money he was putting into Eridium research was going to good use- with the knowledge he found inside the vault he had to figure out everything he could about Eridium and what they could do with it. Eridium tech would be a big money-maker for them- probably. "Anyway, I'll send a couple guards down and have them bring you another ECHO comm. Yours is a bit outdated now, and it'll be easier for you to reach me since it's already connected to Atlas's systems."
Sori

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Agent Maine(Meta) » Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:40 pm

• Jack hums a bit, shrugging a bit in a playful manner. "Not sure i'll be able to control myself around you Sugar. But i'll make an effort in toning it down." He mused with a hum. Thought when Rhys mentioned that the budget seemed tight and how looking into Eridium might help, he made a note of that. When Rhys informed him that he'd be brought a new echo comm he nods.

• "I'll be able to transfer mines current data to the new one yeah?" He questioned, if not he would find a way of doing that too. Definitely something to keep his interest in the room. The room was pretty much his jail cell, but much nicer. Thus he steps back into the room easily, liting his hands. "So, you know when to find me when your friend vaughn gets here or ya need me sooner then that. Unless you want to wait with me until your security detail arrives." He mused with a shrug as he fully walked into the room fully, opening his own echo to look it over. Its almost finished reconnecting.

>ImageImageImage<
>ImageImage<
Agent Maine(Meta)

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sori » Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:05 pm

▀▄ ʀʜʏs ▀▄

Rhys was not entirely sure what Jack meant by not being able to control himself around him- but it sounded a little like he was making another pass at Rhys. He didn't try to dwell on it too much. "You'd only have to tone it down if you hang around my employees, not anyone who knows the truth." Rhys nodded at Jack's question. "That should be easy enough for you to do." Rhys wasn't 100% sure how easy the transfer would be, but Jack would surely be able to figure it out. Rhys opened up the interface again and sent for two guards and the ECHO comm. "If Vaughn does want to see you, I'll send for you when he arrives. But, yeah, I am going to wait here until the guards come." Rhys stood with one hand on the doorway and the second on his hip, his feet crossed over eachother as he leaned into the doorframe."I still have a few meetings to go to today after this, so if you have any more questions, about Atlas, me, or how things work around here now's a good time."
Sori

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Agent Maine(Meta) » Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:32 pm

• Jack hums a bit in thought as he shrugs a bit. Don't got anything now. But see'ing as i'm pretty much dead, any questions for me you can ask too." He stated with a shrug of his shoulders. His echo chimes when its connected again and pops open his interface, quick to scan through it. He understands now what Rhys means by outdated because its loading a lot slower then he remembers. But it still tells him exactly what he wants. He has four accounts unfrozen and untouched because they were under alias. Good.

• He shrugs a bit, taps at the interface and combines one account with another to triple the income in it, put it a couple trillions, proper clearance code entered even before he makes a motion for rhys to approach. " Wanna ease that budge of yours for a bit?" He questioned with a bit of charm to his tone as he rose a brow, smirking slightly as he moved to sit down in one of the chairs that was within sight of the doorway.

>ImageImageImage<
>ImageImage<
Agent Maine(Meta)

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sori » Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:53 pm

▀▄ ʀʜʏs ▀▄

One thing Jack should probably never do is let Rhys ask him whatever he wanted to. Over time he'd come up with many questions, things he wished he could task Jack back when he worked on Helios, and things he'd wanted to ask him after that terrible week of Rhys's life. He bit at the inside of his cheek in thought- it was more about what would make Jack upset again or not. He wanted to know more about Angel since he knew so little about her, and because Jack actually seemed to care about his daughter, but that was obviously too sore of a topic currently.

Before he could decide on any questions Jack brought up easing the budget. Rhys quirked up an eyebrow and went over to see what Jack was looking it. Shockingly, he still seemed to have some accounts open even though he'd been dead for years in this timeline. "I- of course." A beat. "But what's the catch?" He had to remind himself this was Jack, and that there always seemed to be a catch with him. You may be in charge right now, Rhys, but if you give him the chance to backstab you again he will. He scratched his head, staring at the numbers. That really was a lot of money.
Sori

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me