1x1 | Consulting_Angel & tanthamore

If you only want to roleplay with one other person, or only with certain people, then you can do so here (any genre).
Forum rules
Remember, all content must remain child-friendly at all times!
Users breaking this rule by using foul language, roleplaying explicit sexual scenes, excessive violence/torture, non-consensual 'romance', or other adult themes may be banned.

Re: 1x1 | Consulting_Angel & tanthamore

Postby Consulting_Angel » Fri Aug 04, 2023 5:41 am

Cassian Bellamy
    "I'll have you know I'm genuinely
    self-centered and deeply shallow!"

Incensed by the teasing, not wanting to seem like he had any faith or support for the programme, Cassian grumbled, "I didn't mean it like that." and went quiet. Sure, he knew Naveen had no real say in the missions and what happened, but he was still a part of the system for however long. Now he was as well - but he was quite determined to make it clear to all the officials that he had no intention of changing for their Programme. He wondered what happened to the villains that 'failed' - did the Programme acknowledge that, or did they do something else? Come to think of it, there had been a fair few villains that he hadn't seen in a long while.

He glanced up again when Naveen spoke, and Cassian sighed, loudly. "I suppose. For a hero and a villain. Don't get your hopes up, though." He knew that if it came down to it, Cassian would put himself first - he might feel a tiny bit bad, but to him, self-preservation was most important. It was easier than relying on or caring for other people.
    His interest piqued, though, when Naveen spoke more about Frost and Snowguard, and the Programme.
    "So, what, something happened to them? Are they being paid to be like that?" Cassian asked, lowering his voice, as he pondered over what might have happened.

Cassian hummed to himself as he thought back. "Well," he started, not bothering to lower his voice this time, "I know that some villains have been going missing over the years, without much of a trace, only to be spotted years later in other cities being a hero. Others still haven't been found. So... you get some rumours."

Consulting_Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

❝ naveen 015 ❞

Postby sapphic psychic » Fri Aug 04, 2023 11:32 am

𝐧𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐛𝐡𝐚𝐤𝐭𝐚
      currently scheming and plotting ✧ wc ; 361
      ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Naveen processed the information Cassian was feeding him as fast as he could. There was no doubt in his mind that the Frost and Snowguards were being paid -- and handsomely, too. But why? What could the Programme possibly be up to that heroes and villains were disappearing to this scale. "I mean, I definitely think the Programme is funding their revamped looks and making sure they're well protected. But I mean, that doesn't come as much of a surprise to me." He yawned, blinking quickly. Cassian spoke about what he had also noticed about the disappearances. "What rumors are you referring to?" Naveen asked, raising a quizzical eyebrow. He could honestly probably guess: that there was some odd conversion program happening to "motivate" the villains to become good. But that had been happening for years; that was the whole reason why the Programme had been established - to maintain balance or whatever.

Naveen squeezed the bridge of his nose with his hands. He didn't really have the energy to really figure out the Programme's dirty work but he knew that he would kick himself if he didn't. Luckily, Naveen was spared, as the doors to their room opened to reveal two new Programme agents. "Please follow us," one of them said, without revealing where they were going. Naveen cast a sideways glance towards Cassian before following the agents down the hall. "You feel like telling us what exactly we're doing today?" Naveen asked, but of course, he recieved no answer from either of the agents. "What a fun bunch you all are," Naveen said, rolling his eyes. He followed the agents down numerous hallways, ones he was sure he had been down but somehow they both ended up outside a large wooden doorway. "Please wait out here until you're called in." The two agents left them alone once more. Naveen was growing more and more impatient, quickly approaching his limit. "Hopefully we'll be out of here before dinner. I'd like to take a shower and eat something," He grumbled. "You ready to get your first mission?" Naveen asked Cassian, half sarcastically. He knew that his partner likely would be aggravated as well.
sapphic psychic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Consulting_Angel » Fri Aug 04, 2023 11:51 am

Cassian Bellamy

Cassian didn't hesitate to talk about the rumours. He didn't quite care if they were heard, he was sure there were at least a few microphones hidden around the room to listen in. Maybe he wanted to goad the higher-ups.
    "Conversion tactics - brainwashing and the like - to make the more resistant candidates more compliant. Sending them off on impossible missions, knowing that they wouldn't come back. That sort of thing. And there's a more recent rumour..." Cassian suddenly lowered his voice - this was going to be the one that he didn't want to be picked up on - "... That they've developed some technology that can accelerate powers some people have, stretching their potential and power, but very few have been able to deal with the pain of the process. And developing tech like that requires test subjects."
    It was perhaps a wild conspiracy, but it was one of the more popular rumours going around, especially recently.

He reluctantly followed the agents down the hallways, trying to remember the turns - in case he ever needed to do his own navigating - but everything just looked the same. Cassian looked up at the doorway they were now stood at. "Wow, more waiting - who would have guessed?" he snarked at the agents as they left, and then refocused on Naveen.
    "I could do with a nap." he commented, and then sarcastically added, "I'm so excited, jumping for joy."
    He started to wonder if he could just enter anyway - he was done with waiting, and the sooner this mission was done, the better.

Consulting_Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

❝ naveen 016 ❞

Postby sapphic psychic » Sat Aug 05, 2023 12:47 pm

𝐧𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐛𝐡𝐚𝐤𝐭𝐚
      currently pikachu face-ing ✧ wc ; 524
      ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

The rumors that Cassian listed off came as very little surprise to Naveen if he were being honest -- until the very last one. Now, look, Naveen knew that the Programme wasn't exactly the most ethical organization out there. When he had first joined years ago, that was one of the things that had crushed him the most. And for the most part, Naveen had been willing to sit idly by because it paid his bills and he could pretend he was doing the world some good. "Accelerate powers?!" Naveen whisper yelled, eyes widening. "Has it... killed anyone?" He winced, bracing himself for the answer. The sad part was, Naveen wouldn't exactly be surprised if it had. He felt utterly helpless, an uncomfortable feeling forming in his gut that he couldn't quite place or verbalize. Naveen suddenly couldn't bring himself to look at Cassian.

The big doors opened in front of them, almost as if to invite the two men in. He slowly entered the room -- what appeared to be an office. It would've been quite spacious, had it not been for the numerous glass cases filled with trophies that dotted the side of the room. The very back wall was lined with windows, centered by a mahogany desk and leather chair, which was facing the windows. "Good afternoon, gentlemen," came a very familiar voice. The chair turned to reveal the Director herself, a cold smile settling on her lips. "I do hope you've been enjoying your time here so far." Naveen immediately knew that she was trying to provoke them. He steeled himself, plastering on an equally fake grin. "It was quite an eventful morning," he stated, refusing to provide any information that she didn't already know. "Good to hear. So you're here for your next assignment," the Director picked up a tablet sitting on her desk and turned it so that it was facing Cassian and Naveen. "You boys will be responsible for apprehending one of the town's newest villains. He goes by the name Mardochaos." Naveen had to stifle a laugh at the incredulous name. "He has been going around destroying run-down buildings and it's been quite a mess to clean up. He was last seen on 5th Avenue about an hour ago so he likely isn't far from there. Or from here; our facility resides on 7th Avenue." She glanced up at the two boys. "Any questions?" Naveen wanted to give his input on the poor villain's name, but he figured it would be better saved for later. "No ma'am, we'll be on or way." The Director gave a stiff nod and handed them the tablet, dismissing them.

Naveen took it and turned on his heels, more than ready to get out of the facility. Once out of the office, however, he let out the laugh he had been fighting to hold in. "Mardochaos? Jeez, kids these days man. I swear, they must be using a name generator or something." He led Cassian to the nearest exit, finding themselves on a somewhat quiet road. "Wanna get a look at this kid?" Naveen held out the tablet to Cassian, "You recognize him?"
sapphic psychic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Consulting_Angel » Sat Aug 05, 2023 3:20 pm

Cassian Bellamy

"If it's true, then I imagine so." Cassian shrugged. He personally wasn't interested in that sort of thing - he didn't care if his powers had any potential beyond what he could do now. But, rumours didn't usually come out of nowhere, so there had to be some grain of truth to it, right? Either way, it added to the fuel of his hatred for Heroes and the Programme - though he was already firmly justified in doing so anyway.

As the doors opened just before Cassian was going to enter the room anyway, he walked into the room slightly ahead of Naveen. He held back a scoff at the trophies, though he did get an uneasy feeling in his stomach as they approached the desk and the chair facing away from them.
    Indeed, he was right to feel so, as the Director turned around in the chair and spoke.
    Cassian glowered at her and answered with a cold, "No," at the same time Naveen spoke. He wasn't going to fake it or hide his feelings on the matter. Although, he clenched his jaw as the Director told them their assignment, keeping himself from making comments about the mission. He thought it was ridiculous - who cared if Mardochaos was destroying run-down buildings? Sure, there was maybe some mess, but at least he wasn't hurting anyone. The name was certainly something but that wasn't something he focused on.

He was silent as he followed Naveen out of the office, knowing that if he opened his mouth, he'd be much more scornful, and that wasn't wise right now.
    Cassian took the tablet from Naveen, to take a look at Mardochaos, and a look of recognition crossed his face almost immediately. He hadn't know that was what the kid's name was, but he'd seen him a few times. Kid was funny, he'd considered talking to him properly a few times. They'd have their hands full.
    He cleared his expression, as he passed the tablet back to Naveen quickly. "I guess I vaguely recognise him." Cassian replied. Maybe it was an obvious lie, but Cassian decided that he was not going to be responsible for this kid, Mardochaos, getting put into the Programme as well, or something worse happening to him. Maybe he'd help convince him to change his name.
    Changing the subject somewhat, Cassian added, "You should hear some of the other names the newer villains come up with."

Consulting_Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

❝ naveen 017 ❞

Postby sapphic psychic » Sun Aug 06, 2023 6:56 am

𝐧𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐛𝐡𝐚𝐤𝐭𝐚
      currently a bit of a lil sad guy ✧ wc ; 441
      ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Though Naveen couldn't say that he was surprised at the coldness Cassian gave him when asked about Marty or whoever the villain was, it would also be a lie if he didn't say that it was... disappointing? Saddening? He had thought they had actually started bonding. Not that they had a complete understanding of each other, but hey, Naveen had certainly thought they were on better terms. The uneasy feeling in the pit of his stomach returned. It was unusual to say the least. But he didn't show it, save for perhaps a quick downturn of his lips. "You guess?" Naveen questioned. "You either do or you don't." He stated, probably coming off a bit colder than he had originally intended. He supposed he couldn't blame Cassian for wanting to protect one of his own, especially with the information they both had about the Programme. That didn't mean it wasn't irritating. He flashed a quick smile in response to Cassian's comment about the names but he didn't say anything else about it.

"There's an abandoned factory not far from here," Naveen thought out loud, "If this kid's been going after abandoned buildings, maybe he's there ; or left a clue there." He had seen it a few times. It was in an industrial part of the city, nearby one of those business parks that people didn't often frequent unless they worked there. "If you think you know him, it might be best for you to talk to him. There's a good chance this kid's gonna be more willing to talk to someone that's also a villain." Naveen paused. "Or at least, Mardochaos will likely think you're still one." Okay, perhaps that wasn't the fairest thing to say. Naveen was being purposefully petty and he knew it. All over what? The fact that Cassian wasn't overjoyed to work with him to capture a villain? It was incredibly childish. He knew that Cassian was as anti-Programme you could get and Naveen supported that. No, this was about something else. This was about that uneasy feeling he got in his stomach. But was it so bad to wish that Cassian would let his guard down for more than 2 seconds?

Naveen sighed. "Sorry, that wasn't... I shouldn't have said that." He knew that it wouldn't do anything and Cassian would likely not even respond to it. "I think it's best, though, that we, uh, start heading there before the Programme starts breathing down our backs." He cleared his throat and walked to his car, parked across from the Programme facility. He waited for Cassian to make his way over, trying to steady his racing mind.
sapphic psychic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Consulting_Angel » Sun Aug 06, 2023 10:19 am

Cassian Bellamy

He sensed how uncomfortable things got, the slight tension in the air. He couldn't quite meet Naveen's eye, knowing that, sure, they had had worked relatively well up to now, but Cassian had quickly withdrawn. Especially with their given mission. He wanted to avoid any sort of opening up, particularly to a hero of all people, no matter who they were. Putting up a wall was the best way. He couldn't quite stop himself from sharply repeating himself, dropping the questioned phrase, "I vaguely know him."

He started to nod with the plan - he knew where the abandoned factory was, he'd used it a few times himself when he'd train his powers - and he wondered if there was a way to find the villain and let him go. And sure, he could get on board with being the one to talk to Mardochaos. Not to convince him to give himself up, of course, though he wouldn't mention that to Naveen. It wasn't that he cared for the villain, but freedom was better than being put into the Programme - and that's what he'd want for himself.
    He stopped, however, very quickly once Naveen had commented about Mardochaos thinking that Cassian was still a villain. Cassian glowered coldly at Naveen, knowing that it was probably just a petty comment, but it still made him more guarded, even with the apology.

"Maybe I'll let them." Cassian muttered, and stood still for a few minutes, waiting until Naveen had made it to his car before he started walking over there himself. They may as well get this mission over with - whether they succeeded or failed. Even if it meant things would be awkward between him and Naveen the entire time.
    Once he reached the car, Cassian stood on the passenger side, ready to get in whenever it was unlocked.

Consulting_Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

❝ naveen 018 ❞

Postby sapphic psychic » Mon Aug 07, 2023 1:04 pm

𝐧𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐛𝐡𝐚𝐤𝐭𝐚
      currently considering a career change ✧ wc ; 370
      ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

If Cassian hadn't actively been making his way over to his car, Naveen likely would've banged his head on the steering wheel. He shouldn't have let his emotions get to him like that; insinuating that Cassian wasn't a villain anymore - that he was just some successful Programme capture. Sure, it wasn't like Naveen had physically hurt him but it was still rude and certainly didn't help towards getting Cassian to open up to him at all. Once Cassian arrived at his car, Naveen unlocked the door so he could get into the passenger seat. Naveen let Cassian buckle and get ready in silence, and started to drive them over to the nearby factory. It wasn't far, but the silence made it feel like the car ride was years long. One street and a few back roads later, the two men arrived at the abandoned factory. It was brown in color, likely brick before old age had started to rot it from the inside out. The windows were half broken and when Naveen opened his car door, part of the building seemed to be collapsing on itself. Something was off, though Naveen couldn't name what it was. It was just a feeling.

"What do you think?" Naveen asked tentatively, fully exiting the car and closing the door behind him. "Think he could be hiding somewhere inside?" The thought of having to go in made him grimace, but it wasn't like he hadn't done anything worse. He gave Cassian his full attention, hoping that if his words weren't convincing, then at least Cassian would know that Naveen wanted to make amends through his actions. He crossed his arms over his chest, turning to inspect the building more. As his eyes flicked across the grounds once more, Naveen caught sight of what made the factory appear so odd. The chimney was emitting smoke -- which meant that someone was in there... and had somehow powered it up again. "Hey Cassian," Naveen said calmly, "You see that smoke, right?" He pointed to the chimney. "We gotta get in there. Now." And with that, Naveen darted off towards the factory. He made another mental note to apologize for leaving Cassian hanging once more.
sapphic psychic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Consulting_Angel » Mon Aug 07, 2023 5:08 pm

Cassian Bellamy

He got in the car, buckled in and remained silent for the drive over to the abandoned factory. For just a sedan, Cassian noted it was a nicer car than his own one. He sat almost unnervingly still, looking directly ahead the entire time. He was still annoyed, but he'd had a chance to sort out his thoughts and calm down some so he wouldn't snap. He knew Naveen likely hadn't meant what he said entirely, and even thinking about it made him hurt and angry, but they still had to work together for this mission. Even if he didn't intend to see it succeed in the way that they were meant to. Besides, for the time being, he was powerless - the cuffs hadn't been deactivated before they'd left, but he didn't feel like his powers hadn't quite recovered anyway. His thoughts shifted to wondering if there was a way to break at least one of them, even if just to use whatever had recovered.

When they'd arrived at the abandoned factory, Cassian exited the car in silence, finally looking at Naveen after he spoke. He seemed to debate whether or not he was willing to talk, and then relented. He cast a gaze over the factory. "I imagine so. It's not going to be easy to cover the entire place."
    He spotted the smoke just as Naveen had pointed it out, and nodded in agreement. He was a little impressed - he'd never managed to figure out how to get the machinery up and running when he had been here in the past.

Cassian followed after Naveen, reaching the factory doors - one of them half off its hinges. He used his foot to push one of the doors open, not wanting to use his hands, and went inside. The interior was a little different to how he remembered - but that might just be because of the moving machinery. It didn't even seem like there was anything in particular being produced. Now they just needed to find Mardochaos... or whoever it was that was in here.
    "I wonder if the surveillance is back up and running as well, then." Cassian commented. It was unlikely, but if it was, he figured finding the surveillance room might give them some more answers.

Consulting_Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

❝ naveen 019 ❞

Postby sapphic psychic » Tue Aug 08, 2023 2:58 pm

𝐧𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐛𝐡𝐚𝐤𝐭𝐚
      currently questioning kids these days ✧ total wc ; 345
      ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

When the two men reached the factory, Naveen watched as Cassian kicked the door in. Once inside, Naveen coughed. There was dust everywhere, coating the old machines and factory belts, the windows and the rotting wooden tables. Yet somehow, against all odds, someone (or something) had gotten the rickety old machinery to move. But for what reason, Naveen couldn't pinpoint. It was just some random part factory - likely mass producing various technology pieces and trinkets. "I mean, maybe? It's worth a check. Maybe we could get there before this Mardochaos kid or whatever gets there." 'Though I doubt it.' Naveen left the last part unspoken, knowing that Cassian was likely already aware of that possibility. As Naveen continued inspecting the equipment, a question popped into his head. "You know, for a kid all about destroying abandoned factories or whatever, it's pretty odd that he'd be trying to get it up and running. It seems like that kind of defeats the purpose. Why get it going when all you're gonna do is destroy it anyways?" Naveen slowly walked around the giant space, looking for any doors that could lead elsewhere.

Up a few flights of stairs, a few left turns and an old security room away...
      An older teenager, though likely no older than 17, sat in a chair, eating an apple. He was staring at a single tiny television screen that seemed to be broadcasting the two newcomers. "Ah," he mused with an amused smile, "So the Programme's found me again?" Now, it wasn't like he had made himself exactly hard to find. In fact, an abandoned factory was pretty stereotypical for villains like him. But that's what made it fun. He rather enjoyed the little game of cat and mouse he played with the Programme's recruited "heroes" and "villains." When -- no, if -- they managed to catch him, then sure, he'd be okay because he certainly wasn't going to make it easy. He tossed the finished apple into a corner of the space, brushed his hands off on his shirt and stood. "Time to play,"
sapphic psychic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me