1X1 with arvanien

If you only want to roleplay with one other person, or only with certain people, then you can do so here (any genre).
Forum rules
Remember, all content must remain child-friendly at all times!
Users breaking this rule by using foul language, roleplaying explicit sexual scenes, excessive violence/torture, non-consensual 'romance', or other adult themes may be banned.

Re: 1X1 with arvanien

Postby rubyrocketboots13 » Thu May 03, 2018 5:35 am

Juniper

Juniper gave a warm laugh, his eyes lighting up joyfully,”Everything about my rite of passage was a disaster, at least we all thought it was back then. I mean, it was our first scouting trip.” He gave a bubbly laugh, remembering the trip, “Gilly ran into a bunch of vicious bees! And Lyra and I wouldn’t stop arguing over which area to scout out. And worst of all” He paused dramatically, pretending to look distraught, “I lost my honey cakes in the river on the second day of our trip.” He gave a bubbly laugh, his eyes sparkling with a faint mischievousness. Truthfully, the trip had been a very rough experience, but after all these years it was nice to joke about it.

“Yeah! It doesn’t make sense to have just one standardized rite of passage because not everyone has the same skills and talents.” Juniper agreed, though he knew very little about humans standardized testing. He had always preferred to stay out of the human cities and keep to the forest. But, Juniper was sure humans were most likely as diverse as Howlers and Quell were and didn’t deserve to be discriminated against for any reason. He had always thought that everyone was uniquely gifted and should be treated with respect, not matter what race they were. Juniper shook his head at her question, “Of course not!” He said without contempt, “We respect Howlers of all animal species. Even in ancient times we knew a pack needs members with varied species and talents to run smoothly.” Juniper added thoughtfully, “I suppose it’s the same with Quell magic.” It fascinated him how there were so many types of Quell and how each of them used their powers in different ways. Though he didn’t know too much about Quell society yet, it seemed that Quell of different magic were equally important to running Solodin efficiently.

“Yeah?” Juniper beamed at Celeste, pleased that she was so interested in Howler culture. “Well, usually a Howler earns their symbol by the time they turn about sixteen or seventeen, but some people earn it before or after that. Sometimes they even wait until they are twenty or so. There isn’t really a set time that a Howler has to earn their symbol, but I can’t think of anyone that never passed their rite of passage. They just keep trying until they earn their symbol.” He explained, “Our rite of passages are mostly about discovering your special talent and finding your place in the pack. It takes longer for some Howlers, I suppose” He looked surprised as Celeste explained the ancient Quell’s punishment for failing their trials. “Yikes… that sounds terrible!” Juniper said, shaking his head in disbelief. It was hard to believe how barbaric both Quell and Howlers were many years ago- both had been equally horrible. But, it seemed that the two magical races were making amends. Juniper smiled back at Celeste, his eyes sparkling madly, “I completely agree! Quell definitely have wills of steel” He gave a warm laugh, gently pressing a kiss to her cheek, “Especially you, bunny. I’ve never met a stronger person in my whole life.” Juniper was still awestruck by Celeste’s strength of will; how else could she have survived after nearly bleeding to death? He had always thought that Quell were soft, but Celeste had already proved herself to be even tougher than most Howlers he knew.

Juniper broke into a cheerful grin as he heard Celeste’s adorable little laugh. Every time he heard it, his heart felt as if it would melt from pure joy. My stars, I don’t ever want to leave her side. She’s absolutely flawless He thought blissfully as Celeste ran her fingers through his hair. Giving a cheerful laugh, he beamed at Celeste with a fond look in his eyes, “Nah, nah” he said, “You’re even cuter than me, bunny. Especially the way your eyes light up when you smile like that. Or when you blush, and your cheeks turn that becoming shade of pink” Impishly, he leaned closer and gently kissed her nose. Juniper chuckled warmly, giving her an affectionate squeeze. He loved everything about Celeste, from her adorable laugh to her witty intelligence; even her imperfections and flaws seemed to make her even more attractive to him.

Lyra

“That’s exactly what I mean,” Lyra smiled, glancing back at Endymion. To her, pretty much anything was better than being stuck alone in the healer’s hut. But, sitting here peacefully with Endymion was next to blissful. It was nice to finally be away from the pack; the alpha wasn’t sure of the last time she had just stopped for a while to relax like this.

Lyra found herself smiling a tiny bit at the stream with a soft expression. “Thank you, Endymion” She said. Carefully, she pulled her good leg closer to her chest and rested her chin on her knee. As she gazed at the bubbling, clear stream, she couldn’t help but think about all the times they had been to this stream. As pups, playing and splashing; then as teens, protecting the camp from Quell warriors. Lyra could almost still see her fallen packmates and smell the smoke as yellow Quell burned down the village. The alpha felt her stomach twist into knots with a faint, bittersweet sorrow- it was strange how one place could hold so many memories and emotions. But, by far she was glad for the strange peacefulness of the brief moment between herself and Endymion. Lyra hesitantly shifted her hand to Enymion’s, just so that their pinkies touched. It was almost as if she were making sure that he was still there with her. Without glancing at the warrior, she murmured,” I’m glad you’re here, Endymion. You’ve always been there when I needed you. I… I hope that we’ll always be there for one another when we’ve grown old” She said sincerely. Though, as usual her voice didn't hold any recognizable emotion, it was easy to see that she cared a great deal about Endymion.
rubyrocketboots13

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby arvanien » Thu May 03, 2018 6:45 pm

Celeste

Celeste grinned, her eyes dancing with with merriment. "That really does sound like a difficult trip! I bet Lyra was hard to deal with." She couldn't help but laugh as Juniper "mourned" the loss of his honey cakes. "Oh no! That's worse than losing any other piece of equipment," she gave a bubbly giggle, gently playing with his hair. "That's so incredibly brace of you to survive the journey without them." Celeste loved Juniper's playfulness; he was so amusing. He could make just about anything sound funny; to Celeste it made him a million times more attractive than he already was.

"Yes. It's like judging me solely on my ability to deadlift two hundred pounds," she grinned, jokingly. It was something most of the members of the guard could easily. Celeste wasn't especially too strong, something she was still trying to improve on, but she made up for it by being very quick. "Maybe that's one reason how we will be able to make peace with each other on the social level, since achieving peace on the legislative level doesn't really bring us together, does it. Both races do share the acceptance of diversity and variety." Celeste had always thought it was riveting how there were Howlers of different animal species, in the same way Juniper was fascinated with the many types of Quell magic. "That's right. Without all the different colors of magic and the Quell who wield them, Solodin would be a much less prosperous city, I'm sure." Celeste's eyes sparkled with a sudden thought, "Hey darling, are there any Howlers that are other than canine, feline, avian, or cervine that you know of? I've always wondered if there are rabbit Howlers, elephant Howlers, or even hamster Howlers." She grinned, her eyes twinkling curiously. "I've thought about that a lot as a child, to be honest."

"At least the Howler rite of passage isn't barbaric." Celeste nodded in admiration as Juniper further explained them. "The ancient Quell trials were so brutal partly because there was a very harsh leader at the time who firmly believed that the weak or "useless" should learn how to be strong and useful, or be eliminated. He believed so because our race was still learning to survive underground. I think his viewpoint is understandable, but he was a bit of maniac. However, he may have been the reason we survived, ironically." She mused, stroking Juniper's hand fondly.

Celeste gave a small smile, snuggled comfortably against Juniper. She hugged him tighter in pure elation as he kissed her cheek, leaving her feeling warm and, somehow, very safe. Juniper's affections always melted her heart, she could never get enough of them. "Thank you, darling!" she beamed. "I don't think I've ever met anyone as devoted as you are. First you defended me, then you left the hospital to track me all the way here so that you could be with me. You're simply amazing, Juniper. I couldn't ask for anyone more loyal than you are." Celeste pulled him close and softly kissed him back, her lips soft and warm. "You're the only person who can ever make me smile that way." Her eyes sparkled with uncontainable joy as she looked up at him. He's just so wonderfully caring, funny, and cute. It's the best combination ever. How did I wind up with someone as incomparable as he is? Celeste rubbed Juniper's hair adoringly, her eyes closing in a contented way. He's all sunbeams and marshmallow fluff! It's way too adorable.

Endymion

He nodded, focusing his attention on her. It was quite easy to do so, even on a beautiful day such as this - especially with the calm atmosphere. "I should be thanking you," he said honestly. "It's been such a long time since we were able to just stop everything for a moment and relax like this." It didn't really sound like something Endymion would say, but he was being sincere. Now that the fighting was starting to die down (a little), not as much work went into preparing for battle, and related things. That meant, in part, that there was just a little more room to breathe for everyone. "I mean, I don't even remember a time this stream was crystal clear for even a month." He looked back to the current, as if seeing it clearly for the first time. During the war, it would be either tinged red from the aftermath of battles or from Howlers and Quell alike struggling together, causing the limpid current to become as turbid as a mud puddle. Now, it was perfectly crystalline, the smooth stones and water plants once again visible at the bottom.

Endymion looked back at Lyra as their hands touched ever so slightly, looking more surprised than she'd seen him in a while, which is to say that his dark eyebrows lifted just a little. He smiled at her words, his steely dark blue eyes softening just enough to be noticed as he looked at her in a strangely fond way for a rare moment. Then he caught himself, and his eyes returned to their normal austerity, though not as quickly as he would have liked. That flicker across his face was subtle but unmistakable. What was that? he thought disgustedly, I must not get distracted like that again. The dark haired Howler's face showed no flicker of emotion again though he was rather disgruntled at himself for having cracked his blank mask for a second. "I'll always be there with you, even when the next life begins. You can be sure that no one else will ever hold my loyalty the way you always have, Lyra." He promised stolidly, but firmly. They weren't mere empty words, Endymion had already proved it through the years. He may be often distant, aloof, and cold, but he earnestly and profoundly cared about Lyra. Neither was he the cuddliest, most affectionate guy, but Endymion was willing to give every bit of time or attention to her that he had, only if she needed it. It was only fitting for someone who actually deserved it from him.
arvanien

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rubyrocketboots13 » Fri May 04, 2018 3:13 pm

Juniper

Juniper adored the way Celeste's eyes lit up whenever she smiled- it never failed to make his heart quicken just a bit. e grinned back at her with a faint mischievous sparkle in his own eyes. " So true! There's nothing that'll ruin an important trip faster than losing your dessert." He laughed warmly, enjoying the way Celeste rubbed his head. Giving a happy sigh, he hugged her cozily to his chest. "Who Lyra? She wasn't that bad, at least not when we were younger" He murmured thoughtfully, "We used to argue all the time when we were kids- we never did see eye-to-eye- but I owe her a lot just the same.".

" True!" Juniper said, nodding in agreement, " Both Howlers and Quell are very accepting of diversity, at least within our races, maybe that'll make it easier for the two races to accept each other eventually." He suggested, gently running his fingers through Celeste's hair distractedly. Juniper loved her beautiful hair- every thing about her hair from it's soft fluffiness to it's cotton-candy absolutely fascinated him. Obviously, he wasn't used to being around Quell's magic or their colorful hair- he'd only really seen them in battle. " Yep! There are other Howlers besides just canines and such, but usually on only predators and other "stronger" Howlers are ever in battle. But, there are rabbit Howlers and such. Though I've never seen an elephant Howler, I'm sure they exist!" He chuckled warmly, " But, I do know a Howler who is an otter! She did a lot of spy work during the war becasue she could slip through the pipes and things under Solodin."

"My stars, that sounds terrible! " Juniper said, frowning a bit, " Everybody has a purpose; some people are meant to be weaker than others.Eliminating someone just because they are weak doesn't seem fair at all. In our Howler pack, the stronger Howlers protect the weaker ones." He said, still distractedly playing with Celeste's hair gently, " I'm glad that Solodin doesn't have leaders like that anymore. i wouldn't want to live in a place that was ruled by someone like that" He added, " I mean, though he was probably a good ruler if he was part of the reason Quell survived down here for so long."

Juniper gave a soft laugh, feeling cozy as he cuddled a little closer to Celeste. Seeing her look so content made the moment even more blissful. Part of him wanted to just nod off while Celeste gently ran her fingers through his hair. " You're more than welcome, bunny" He murmured happily, his eyes holding a joyous sparkle, " I'd do it all over again if I had to, darling. You're worth all of that and more." Juniper was caught off guard by her soft kiss. His cheeks flushed a bright red, but he closed his eyes contentedly and sweetly kissed her back. Juniper's mind had gone almost completely blank- all he could think about was Celeste; her cozy warmth and comfortable weight in his arms and the way she smelled faintly of sugar cookies and a million other little details about her had filled his mind, pushing out any other thoughts.

Lyra

" You don't have to thank me," The alpha smiled faintly, looking back at Endymion. Truthfully, they probably wouldn't be here together if Lyra hadn't been hurt in last night's fight. It was almost funny to think how it was because of Celeste and Juniper that she and Endymion were here at the peaceful stream. If she was well, then Lyra would have most likely been working in the village or out hunting, just like she did nearly everyday. Even though the war with the Quell was over, the villagers were still very busy just trying to make a decent living in the forest. Chores, training and other things kept most Howlers busy- Lyra included. "You're right, it's been too long since we could just stop for a moment and relax. It's nice, isn't it?" She agreed as she looked back at the bubbling stream. Curiously, she had a faint smile on her face instead of her usual impassive expression. " Mhm" Lyra nodded, " It's good to see the stream unclouded again; it seems like the whole forest is healing well from the aftermath of the war." She said , watching the small fish dart through the water " Even after just over six months... it's still almost hard to believe that it's all over."

Lyra looked back at Endymion with a soft smile, her coffee colored eyes sparkling with a faint amusement as she saw his surprised expression. She felt a very faint blush crossed her cheeks the longer she met the warrior's gaze. As she realized that she was smiling back at Endymion, Lyra quickly turned back to the bubbling stream to hide her very faintly pink cheeks. Ack! Why do I keep doing this to myself? What's wrong with me? She thought, mentally cursing at herself, But... why did he look at me like that?. It only took a moment for Lyra to collect herself, but she couldn't help but wonder why Endymion had looked at her with that unmistakable fondness in his eyes. She could never remember a time when he had looked at her quite like that before. Lyra bit her lip to keep herself from smiling at Endymion as he spoke; his loyalty and intimate companionship meant the world to her. She didn't doubt that he would be there for her, no matter what- he had already proven that several times over. Lyra looked over at him, the small smile playing faintly at her lips. She had noticed how he called her "Lyra" and not alpha- she thought it was strangely refreshing in a way to hear, especially from him." Thank you, Endymion" She said sincerely, " And I promise you, I'll always be by your side whenever you need me- in this life and the next. "
rubyrocketboots13

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby arvanien » Sun May 06, 2018 6:59 pm

Celeste

"I can only wholeheartedly agree with you after tasting Howler cooking," Celeste grinned, her eyes bright with amusement. She loved the way Juniper always hugged her so cozily. Wrapping her arms around his neck, she nodded slowly as he described Lyra. "I see. She has a fierce will," Celeste commented. "How exactly does your pack choose an alpha? I've read vaguely about the subject, but it's been a while." She was a little surprised at the manner with which Juniper referred to Lyra. It was clear that he and Lyra weren't exactly friends, but he still respected her despite the fact that she'd nearly taken his life as well as Celeste's. Though Celeste had never liked Lyra from the start, she found it hard to loath her completely. Lyra's queenly air and cold command had to spark some respect, even from those who opposed her.

Celeste rested her head on Juniper's chest right underneath his chin, her eyes softening as she felt his gentle fingers in her hair. It felt so good every time he touched her, especially since he was always so careful. "I'm sure it will happen. Just about everyone is sick of the fighting and the stress; even the die-hard warriors admit so." She remarked. Celeste giggled, her sky blue eyes dancing. "REALLY? Aww, I wish I could've seen them! Bunny Howlers just sound amazing," she sighed. "Ah, that is a pity. But you know what? Elephant Howlers must be very destructive." She mused. She didn't want to imagine facing one on the battlefield, or one ravaging Solodin, or a whole armored herd of them stampeding... "An otter Howler? Interesting! She must have been an excellent spy, since we have maroon-haired Quell patrolling the pipes and waterways under Solodin. I'm sure she has amazing stories to tell." A few months ago, Celeste would have reacted very differently to the knowledge of an otter Howler who could spy on Solodin so efficiently. It was wonderful how this new peace, though shaky, had so significantly changed the lives within both races.

"Yes, that's right," Celeste agreed, "It's a good thing that the cruelty of the past is gone. I don't think our species can ever be tempered in any way so that we're all tough, unfeeling warriors, though. There's always going to be someone adorably darling, like Kyran or Basil." Celeste smiled, her eyes glinting softly. "I'd say the same goes for your race! You're the sweetest, most precious guy I've ever even dreamed of." She beamed up at Juniper, caressing the back of his neck. Juniper was practically made out of everything she loved, Kyran was a literal cinnamon roll, and Basil was a sweet, gentle spirit who was just as precious. Celeste's thoughts wandered back to Arion and Basil, and her smile faded just a little. That bitter encounter he'd told her about wouldn't resolve itself if left alone. Was their potential relationship, which had barely started, going to end so swiftly? She forced herself back onto her original train of thought- now wasn't the time to think about it. "For the past several decades, wise and compassionate Quell have held positions of authority. Hawthorne is the reason why the Guard is so strong and unified. The point at where we are is most likely due to past leaders, for both races, right?" Celeste slowly twirled a finger around a piece of Juniper's hair, trying to imagine watching the Quell or Howler race as a whole in a time lapse. The mere thought was overwhelming.

She looked up to meet Juniper's gaze, her eyes matching the joyous sparkle in his. Her hands rested on the back of his neck, now they slipped forward and gently cupped his face. Celeste loved everything about this moment; there was nothing else she'd rather be doing than sitting cozily on the front porch with him, talking, while he held her so warmly. "I couldn't ask for anyone more firmly loyal than you, darling." She smiled warmly, "But you're not ever going to have to risk your lifelike that again, okay? Just stay with me and everything will be perfectly alright. I just want to see you happy, because you deserve it." No matter how sweetly affectionate Juniper was, it seemed like Celeste couldn't stop blushing every time he kissed her, even if it was just a small one on the cheek. She loved the simple feeling he gave her - incredibly gentle yet perfectly secure. Everything else - his comforting scent that was like fresh baked bread, the way his gorgeous eyes twinkled so mischievously, his adorable crooked grin - made that feeling all the more unique.

Endymion

"That's true. Especially for someone who works as hard as you do." He remarked. Endymion did support the pack in many ways, but often he would disappear to carry out his own business, usually at night or very early in the morning. Of course he cared about the pack, but he had recently become more and more steeped in the world of dark magic. It was just so irresistibly enticing to him. His first experience with it happened when he was around eleven, and it had only grown from there. There were times where his duties as part of the pack cut into the time he'd set aside to study necromancy. They demanded more attention than most other things.

Endymion nodded, his fingers curling absentmindedly around the stalk of a nearby wildflower. His other hand still remained in that minimal contact with Lyra's; he made no move to pull away. "All the changes this peace will bring are things that used to exist only in our imaginations. Our ancestors certainly would have been happy to know that we would be the ones to end the war." Endymion thought back to his deceased father, how much he'd sought to protect his three children from Quell. "Well, it's coming to a close. I have one question, however," he said, turning his gaze back to Lyra. "I wasn't aware that there was a new rule banning Quell from the village. At the time, I remember that I was away for a few days. How does that correlate with the Howlers who are allowed in Solodin?" He asked, picking his words carefully. Endymion wasn't challenging Lyra's decisions, he just hadn't really caught up from his trip to the far off mountains in search of a particular kind of mineral.

He grinned just for a second, noticing Lyra's faint blush. They'd known each other for years, but that was something he'd never seen before. Despite trying to suppress it, he felt a small twinge in his chest at the way she smiled so softly. What...why is she smiling like that? And why am I feeling this way? So this is affection, He thought, both amused and disgruntled. Wouldn't it be best if we just remained as friends...? Endymion was still slightly doubtful, though he knew his feelings were sincere. "I'll always be confident then, knowing that I have everything I need." His eyes purposefully locked on hers, steady and even. "Being steadfast with each other is the best thing I've experienced, even to the end." He said honestly. Endymion knew that their strong, two-way loyalty to each other was an invaluable thing he'd never take for granted. Lyra, with her unbreakable spirit and lethal set of claws and teeth, was both a reliable and trustworthy companion. He was sure that he could wait a thousand years and not find anyone even like her.
arvanien

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rubyrocketboots13 » Thu May 10, 2018 1:03 pm

Juniper

Juniper smiled to himself contentedly as Celeste wrapped her arms around his neck- he looked absolutely blissful. Only she could make him feel this warm and cozy. Affectionately, he held Celeste close to his chest and very gently rested his chin on top of her head. "Mmhm, she does have a fierce will" Juniper said, not really caring to talk about Lyra and spoil the peaceful mood. Since Lyra was his alpha, packmate and friend (a very long time ago), he had a very complicated relationship with her. Juniper found it a bit hard to hate the young woman, even after she had tried to kill him and Celeste. Guilt made him stomach twist into knots every time he thought about the possibility that he had injured his alpha- or worse. But, Juniper also felt strangely justified for attacking her; in all honestly he had intended to kill Lyra the moment she threatened Celeste. His emotions about the subject were a bit mixed and his loyalties had been torn; truthfully, he just wanted to put it out of his mind. It was all in the past anyhow and he would much rather think about the peaceful moment he was sharing with Celeste and all the moments like this they'd share in the future.

Giving Celeste a gentle, affectionate squeeze, he thought over her question for a moment before answering. He wanted to explain the Howler custom so that it made sense to her. " Well, there's a couple different ways a Howler can become the alpha. One is by challenging the present alpha. Most of the times this means a fight to the death, but sometimes the present alpha will simply step down once they are challenged." He explained, " The second way will happen if the alpha dies. The strongest and bravest Howlers who want to become alpha must prove themselves in battle and leadership in a three day long trial. After that, there are usually only a few warriors left standing-our pack decides on who to pick as our alpha from those Howlers."

Juniper gave a warm laugh as Celeste giggled and awed over the idea of bunny Howlers. He adored the way she got so excited- the way her eyes danced happily made his chest grow warm with an uncontainable joy. "They are pretty adorable! Maybe someday you can meet some of them?" He said cheerfully. He was pretty sure that bunny Howlers would find an underground city like Solodin very homey. Juniper grinned crookedly, " Yep! She was a first-rate spy back in the war- Zoey had a lot of good stories to tell around the bonfire of her secret missions. " He gave a warm laugh, his eyes sparkling mischievously, " She also liked to steal shiny trinkets from some of your officers in the Guard when she was listening in on your battle plans. Of course, I'm sure she gave most of them back after the war."

Affectionately, Juniper ran his fingers through Celeste's hair, his eyes glittering merrily. He loved talking to her about his culture and the stories that were so close to his heart- she seemed genuinely interested in learning more about his home and Howler upbringing. The Howler boy cracked a smile at Celeste's words, " I think you're right, bunny. I'm sure that both of our races won't become unfeeling warriors- even in ancient times Quell and Howlers must not have been completely unsympathetic warriors." He said thoughtfully, " If they had, things wouldn't be the way they are now. After all, without compassionate leaders, Quell and Howlers wouldn't have found peace" Juniper reasoned, glancing back at Celeste. Noticing her slight frown, he bit his lip in worry. " What's wrong, bunny?". Though they hadn't been together long, he could tell there was something bothering her just by the small flicker of worry on her face.

Lyra

The small smile on Lyra's face stayed put as she looked out at the bubbling stream. " And you too, Endymion. You deserve a break from everything just as much as I do." She said, glancing back at him. Her blush had faded, but there was no mistaking the softness in her eyes. It was strange, but pleasant to see the way her coffee colored eyes held a fondness instead of the usual fierce, cold glint. Lyra's gaze wandered down to their just barely touching hands; she didn't want to pull away, yet somehow she couldn't work up the confidence to just take his hand in hers. Still the alpha didn't know if it was wise to reveal her affections for Endymion just yet.

With her other hand, Lyra very lightly traced her fingers across the ground, drawing out lazy squiggles in the sand." I hope you're right about that" She said, an almost undetectable tone of regret in her voice. So far this 'peace' hasn't solved anything at all. It's not going to bring back the people we've lost during the war Lyra had struggled with the decision to end the war with a draw, for many reasons she didn't care to share with Endymion. The alpha looked back at him, a bit surprised by his question, though it didn't show on her face. Her expression was as hard to read as ever. " Letting Howlers into Solodin was Hawthorne's idea, not mine." She said, saying the captain's name venomously, " What the Quell do is none of my business now that the war is over. It is my job to protect the pack. And I think that it's best for all of us if Quell aren't allowed into our village. I won't have them causing trouble here in our very homes." She said, keeping her tone even. After all, Lyra wasn't bitter towards Endymion for asking an innocent question.

The alpha's gaze softened a bit and she felt her cheeks grow faintly warm as she noticed Endymion's grin. Why can't I stop blushing?! I'm acting like a lovesick pup She thought, annoyed with herself. Something in tugged at her chest at Endymion's sincere words. Now, Lyra couldn't deny her feelings for the warrior anymore, as much as they terrified her. This time she didn't turn away to hide her blush, instead she met Endymion's dark blue-eyed gaze. A smile played at her lips as she spoke, " I couldn't ask for anyone as loyal as you are to me, Endymion. I don't deserve to have someone like you by my side, but I'm grateful for every moment we've shared, " She said, unsure how to voice how she truly felt. Lyra quietly slipped her hand into Endymion's, lacing her fingers through his. Just the simple, sweet gesture made her heart feel as if it would pound right out of her chest. Deep down, she was afraid that Endymion was simply going to reject her affections.
rubyrocketboots13

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby arvanien » Thu May 10, 2018 6:42 pm

Celeste

The way Juniper rested his chin on her head made Celeste smile softly to herself. She wondered how he knew just the way to make her feel so perfectly cozy. It seemed like Juniper wanted to avoid the subject of Lyra, so she let it drop. Her fingers relaxed in his hair as she listened to him. "I see," she said, nodding, "But why would an alpha even step down without a fight? Unless they're old, it doesn't really make sense to me. But there's a lot I don't understand yet." She mused. "I never thought a royal or monarchial line made much sense. A child of the leader is still an ordinary child, isn't he? But apparently we used to think so." Of course, there had been a time where there was a royal family in Solodin, complete with dukes, barons, and lords. However, that system had long been superseded.

"I would love that! I hope they aren't jumpy at all, like normal rabbits?" Celeste smiled up at Juniper, brushing away a loose stand of her hair. "Wow! That's impressive, especially since they discussed battle plans only in secure places, like in the towers. I'd love to meet this Zoey someday, if she doesn't hate Quell," she said cheerfully. Celeste wasn't one to hold grudges, but now she was more much more aware of the hostile attitude Howlers outside Solodin still felt towards Quell. The Howlers that moved to Solodin were much more chill.

Celeste smiled softly to herself, her sky blue eyes reflecting the dark green of the potted plants as she slowly caressed the back of Juniper's neck. Everything about the way Juniper ran his fingers through her hair felt so peaceful. She knew that even if she got to spend the rest of her life with him, and if they both lived to be very old, she'd still love listening to him talk about his race and learning new things about it. Celeste also loved how Juniper was just as interested in Quell civilization. To top it off, he didn't mind explaining things to her that must have been normal to him but completely alien to her. How is he so cuddly and adorable? No one's perfect, but Juniper's extremely close. Gorgeous purple eyes like his are rare enough, but no one has such a lovable personality, she thought happily. "Oh, it's nothing really, darling. Sometimes I get concerned about my brother, but in the end, everything's going to turn out alright." She said with her usual cheerfulness. Juniper didn't need to hear how worried she was about Arion, and she didn't need to spoil the peaceful mood by talking about it any more. Though, Celeste both was impressed by and appreciated how perceptive and caring Juniper was. She nodded in agreement, "If we didn't have those kinds of feelings, we wouldn't be any better than humans, would we," Celeste gave him a small smile. She loved his affectionate nickname for her, it never failed to make her heart melt.

Endymion

Endymion's grin widened just for a second, exposing his sharp, perfect canines. He seldom let his amusement show, but now was an exception. "Even with those journeys to gather materials? You're too generous, alpha." He smiled, using her honorary title with reverence. Those trips he often took were difficult and dangerous - they were in no way a break from everyday work - but Endymion already appreciated Lyra's tolerance of his periodical absence. Looking over at her, he couldn't help but notice the fondness in her eyes. His first thought was spontaneous. She's testing me. There's no way this is ever possible. We may be close, but I'm no exception for her to treat any more differently. They might have a strong bond with each other, but they'd never shared such intimacy like this. But Endymion had to acknowledge, it was very disarming to see Lyra like this, more than he'd admit.

"It was Hawthorne's idea?" His grin almost resembled his usual cold smirk. Endymion seemed to find this rather amusing. "Interesting he would make such a decision." Really, he was relieved that the war was over so that he learn even more about Quell magic and how to combat it more effectively. Also, he didn't have to worried about his younger sister - as much. "Why, then, was that insolent boy saying there was no rule against bringing Quell into the village? Is he even more ill-informed than I am?" Endymion knew Juniper was soft and fluffy, but not absent-minded.

He looked evenly at Lyra, genuinely surprised that she was acting this way. Yes... she's definitely testing me, he thought again. And still, he was still struggling to push down his feelings for her which were probably more than feelings. Maybe it was cliché, but Endymion didn't like getting too emotional, touchy-feely, or anything of the sort. Everything related to that reminded him of his late older brother, who had been madly in love with his fiancee, a beautiful snow leopard girl with bright grey eyes. She'd loved him back, just as much. And then he'd been killed by Arion a mere two weeks before his wedding day. Strangely, it had haunted Endymion into thinking that if he ever valued anyone the way his older brother had, either he or the person he loved would be killed. And that had been very close to being true last night.... He met Lyra's gaze, remembering how close he'd been to losing her and the anguish that had seethed within him despite his calm demeanor. She really had a leader's eyes; Lyra still looked like she could kill and eat you even with that soft look in her brown eyes and faint smile. Endymion smiled back at her, though his fangs didn't quite show themselves. "You deserve every single thing I could possibly offer you, and more. But I tell you the truth," he said calmly, "Whatever future we make for ourselves will eclipse anything we talked about as children. " His smile softened just a little at the memory. Somehow, his statement wasn't suggestive or anything like that, it meant whatever she chose to interpret it as.

It felt like an electric shock running through him as Lyra quietly took his hand. His hand was cool to the touch and outwardly Endymion looked as stolid as he always was, but he had been completely taken off guard by her simple gesture. He couldn't remember the last time they'd held hands - wasn't it when they helped each other out of a ravine both of them had fallen into during a snowstorm four years ago? He looked back at her as she laced his fingers with his, asking a vague question with his eyes that only lasted for a second. He relaxed and simply let it be, looking down at their interlaced fingers. Right now, their problems, worries, and responsibilities were faceless. They were just two Howlers, purely enjoying each other's company with nothing but nature around them to break the peace.
arvanien

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rubyrocketboots13 » Fri May 11, 2018 12:50 pm

Juniper

Juniper distractedly ran his fingers through Celeste's hair, feeling warm and cozy. He loved how she seemed to relax into his arms a bit more as he held her gently. There was nothing that could give him the same warm, fuzzy feeling that Celeste did whenever she was happy. It never failed to make his heart melt whenever he saw her adorable smile; Juniper knew that even if he spent his whole life with Celeste, he'd never tire of seeing her happy. Juniper's eyes sparkled happily as she gently played with his hair; he loved Celeste's gentle, caring touch. Truthfully, she could probably make him do anything if she rubbed his head like that. He closed his eyes happily and pulled her just a bit closer to his chest before answering her question. " Well, some alpha's choose to step down if they aren't fit to lead, like if they're terribly old or badly injured. But, some have stepped down to start families or just becasue they felt someone could lead better than they could. Not that it's not possible to have a family and be alpha though" He explained, " Different alpha's in Howler history have had different reasons for giving up their position, but it's pretty uncommon for an alpha to just up and quit. Being a pack's alpha is pretty much a life time job" Juniper smiled, giving Celeste an affectionate squeeze. " I don't know much about Quell government, but I do remember reading a bit about your old monarchy. I think you're right, bunny- it doesn't really make sense to me either. Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems to me that a leader should earn their position" He shrugged slightly, unsure how he felt about Quell government. Juniper was very bright, but he never had much of an interest in learning about the Quell's complex government- it seemed that it was a strange blend of a modern judicial system and a ancient Roman democracy with council members and elected officials. Juniper didn't fully comprehend it, partially because the Howler village didn't have much government at all so he wasn't used to it. Problems within the pack were usually settled quickly and the alpha handled most day-to-day decisions.

" Some are, but some aren't as jumpy!" He laughed warmly, his eyes sparkling with mischief, " Howlers usually take on traits of their animal side. Like rabbit Howlers are sometimes jumpier than most people and wolf Howlers are usually fierce warriors. But, that's not always the case- it just depends on the Howler, I suppose." Juniper explained, very gently tucking the loose strand of Celeste's hair behind her ear. " Yeah! I bet she'd love to meet you sometime" He chuckled," Zoey always was very friendly towards nearly everyone- she'd probably talk you to death!"

Juniper loosely tangled his fingers in Celeste's hair, feeling warm and content. He knew he had a lovesick grin on his face, but he didn't care. Celeste made him happier than he had ever been in his entire life- part of him felt that he'd never stop smiling if Celeste was by his side. Juniper very gently leaned closer and pressed a soft kiss to her forehead. " Alright, bunny, if that's all that's worrying you" He smiled softly, meeting her gaze, " And I'm sure you're right- everything will be okay in the end. " Juniper pulled away slightly, a strange smell making him frown a bit. Was that... herbs and...lemon floor polish? " Bunny? I think you have a visitor". As he recognized who it was, Juniper gave an almost inaudible noise that sounded almost like a whine.

Hawthorne

Hawthorne felt like a trapped animal, he had been anxiously pacing the floor of his office for what felt like hours. Crushing guilt and frustration had made it impossible to go through any of the paperwork piling up on his desk. The captain angrily slammed his hands against his desk so hard that the drawers shook and papers scattered to the ground. How could I have been such a pigheaded idiot? He thought, more angry at himself than his sister or Arion, D*mn... I've got a lot of apologies to make....but... they're never going to forgive me for this. Hawthorne's shoulders slumped forward and he held his head in his head sorrowfully, " Have I lost my sister and my closest friend? How could I have been so stupid?" He groaned frustratedly, pinching the bridge of his nose as if he had a headache. In his mind's eye he could still see how happy Basil and Arion had looked together- he hadn't seen Basil smile like that in a very long time. Not since their family had been torn apart by Howlers so many years ago. It broke Hawthorne's heart to think that he had been the one that spilt them up. He had caused all of this pain and anguish. All Hawthorne ever wanted was for Basil to be safe and happy, but he realized now that he couldn't make her happy the way Arion did.

The captain swallowed the lump in his throat, looking over at the carefully framed paintings on his wall- Basil's paintings. Through the years, he had saved the pieces of art she had given him, even the finger paintings she had done as a child. Some he had painstakingly tapped back together after she had ripped them up and threw them away. Some were truly masterpieces that probably deserved to be hung in an art gallery. Looking them over, they felt like a slap of reality to his face; Basil was no longer a chubby toddler, happily finger-painting in his office anymore. It was as if he had suddenly just realized that his sister had become a young lady, while he was still treating her like a small child that needed to be protected. But Basil was far from being a child; she was a bright young woman with a mind of her own and she deserved to be happy once again. Hawthorne couldn't keep her "locked up" in subjugation like this anymore. " I guess she's grown up now, huh?" He said in a whisper, " She doesn't need her big brother to hold her back. At least.... at least she has Arion to take care of her" he cracked a wane, humorless smile, " Or maybe it's the other way around- maybe Basil will take care of him" Though, he still wasn't happy that Basil wanted to be with Arion, Hawthorne realized that he couldn't control that either. If they were truly in love and wanted to be together, then he wouldn't meddle in their relationship- if he could help it. Hawthorne clenched his fist to keep himself from either breaking down and bursting into tears or punching several holes in his wall. " I need to get some training in...." he thought, hoping that it might clear his mind. Besides, there was no use moping around the house- as soon as he came back, he'd check on Basil and apologize to her.

Hawthorne shed his heavy armor and changed into a loose pair of grey sweatpants and a black tee shirt. Strapping his sword to his hip, he walked out of the mansion with his shoulders stooped from despair. Hawthorne tried to push it out of his mind as he walked, but he couldn't seem to shake the feeling, even as he walked to the training center. Pushing open the doors, the captain noticed some members of the guard standing around chatting instead of training; though he wasn't even in the mood to yell at them to get back to work. He unstrapped his sword from his back and set it on the from desk, though he was surprised to find the note that Basil had left for Arion. " What's this....?" He wondered aloud, picking up the purple envelope and cds. This is that garbage music Basil loves so much. What's it doing here? Hawthorne frowned deeply, a sinking feeling in his chest. Nervously, he ripped open the letter completely ignoring that it wasn't addressed to him, and quickly read it over. Hawthorne felt as if someone had sucked all of the air out of his chest by the time he had skimmed over the whole thing. " No.... please no..." He moaned, clutching the letter tightly. "She can't possibly have done something like this..." The captain didn't know what to do, just that he had to find his sister and bring her home. The only problem was, he didn't know where to begin. Then, a thought struck him- the only friend he knew Basil had in Solodin was Celeste. Perhaps she had an idea where Basil had gone? It was a long shot, but so far it was the only lead he had at the moment. Hawthorne took off running towards Celeste and Arion's duplex with the lavender note crumpled in his hand, completely forgetting about his beloved sword.

It only took the captain a few minutes to run the way to their house. Panting heavily and wide eyed from fear, Hawthorne dashed up to the house. He was so distracted that he didn't even notice Celeste and Juniper on the veranda. Frantically, he rapped his knuckles against the door of Celeste's side of the house. " Celeste! I-i need to talk to you! It's urgent" Hawthorne called through the door, the panic clear in his voice, " Please open up!" He called; there was no mistaking the pain and worry in his voice. Resting his forehead against the door frame in despair, Hawthorne almost regretted coming here. What if she wasn't home? Or wouldn't speak to him? After all he had been horrible to Arion. Please just let her answer

Lyra

Lyra couldn't help but smile as she saw Endymion's amused grin. Perhaps it was frivolous, but she though his sharp canines made his smile strangely adorable. " No, I mean a real break" She laughed warmly, leaning back on her elbows. " Don't think I don't notice how tired you are after your trips for materials. The last time you came back from one of those trips, you looked as if you had wrestled a bear." Lyra grinned at him, a teasing look in her eyes. She respected him enough not to ask where he actually went on his "trips", but she was slightly curious about it.

" Yes, it was his idea" Lyra said, a small frown playing on her lips. If it wasn't obvious, she had a special hatred for Hawthorne in her heart. She had tried to take out the captain several times before, but she had never succeeded. " And it's not that unusual that he'd make a decision like that." She pointed out, gazing up at the puffy, white clouds in the sky. With her head back, the ugly purple bruises on her neck were more visible. " Hawthorne is supposedly Solodin's brilliant tactical leader, right? He wants Howler warriors in the city to keep from having another war with us. If there are Howlers living and fighting for Solodin, that means there's less likely of a chance that there will be another Howler-Quell war." She said bluntly, as usual her voice didn't give away any emotion at all, " Besides, with the recent threat of humans, who better to have in your city than Howler warriors? We can sniff out the humans and their filthy chemicals faster than a nature Quell can sense the poison in the earth.". Shrugging, Lyra said, " I don't know, maybe the pup isn't as well-read as he likes to think" She said, an edge to her voice that wasn't exactly pointed at Endymion. Lyra had failed to mention that there wasn't an official rule forbidding Quell from the city any more. But, the alpha's word was law in the Howler village- if she said that Quell weren't allowed, then it was almost as good as a law.

The alpha pushed herself back up to a sitting position to look at Endymion better. There was no denying the strange feelings in her chest as she noticed his slight smile. Gah! Why des he keep doing this to me?She thought, but this time she wasn't as annoyed but her butterfly-in-the-stomach feelings. In a way, it was kind of nice to feel this close to Endymion. Lyra smiled faintly at his words. " You're much too kind to me, Endymion" She murmured, her smile softening a bit more, " I know the two of us have brilliant destinies ahead of us." It was almost strange how her coffee colored eyes still faintly held the fierce, confident glint in them behind the fond softness. She glanced into his deep blue eyes, noticing the brief questioning look he gave her; a faint, but amused smile crossed her face as she looked down at their intertwined fingers. Truthfully, Lyra didn't know why she took his hand- the alpha was anything but touchy-feely- though somehow she was glad she did. Being out here like this, hand-in-hand and wordlessly enjoying each others presence, was absolutely blissful. Why can't it be like this every day? Lyra wondered, a strange peacefulness making her slightly drowsy.
rubyrocketboots13

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby arvanien » Sun May 13, 2018 6:44 pm

Celeste

Celeste gave a small sigh as Juniper played with her hair. The feel of his gentle fingers had such a relaxing effect, she couldn't help but wish that the afternoon would last longer. Looking up, she grinned as she saw the blissful look in Juniper's eyes. It was just too cute how he enjoyed being petted like the adorable puppy he was. Gently rubbing his head a little more, she listened as he expanded on the subject. "That makes sense. I like the simplicity and straightforwardness of your government. Back in the day when we still had our monarchy, there were barons and dukes and lords and many others that I can't remember. To be honest, it was a little frivolous. Our current system works much better, and it's not as pompous." Celeste commented. "All we need is the mayor, a council of elected members, and of course a captain of the guard."

Celeste laughed warmly, "That's definitely true! You're the most lovable puppy, inside out." She sat up straighter and met his gaze, a brilliant smile on her face. "Zoey sounds very likeable. I certainly would love to meet her someday." She was going to say more, but Hawthorne's sudden as arrival made her break off and look up, startled. Seeing him without any armor and looking so utterly distressed shook her back into reality. Hawthorne still wore his armor regularly even after they'd had peace, and besides Celeste couldn't even remember the last time she'd seen him without armor. As he rushed past them and pounded on the door fit to break it down, Celeste unsteadily got to her feet and grabbed his shoulder. "Hey! Hawthorne! I'm right here," she shouted. Celeste was small enough, but Quell like Hawthorne and Arion towered easily over her. "What's happened?" She asked, quite worried to see normally unflappable Hawthorne in such a state. She certainly didn't seem to be in the right position to ask that, seeing that she was the one who was as pale as powdered milk and wearing a hospital gown. Seeing the little piece of lavender paper crumpled in his fist, she was all the more perplexed. Hawthorne + colorful stationery = ????

Arion

Arion suddenly jerked awake in a cold sweat, gasping for breath as he stared at the blurry cream-colored ceiling of his bedroom, his pulse working overtime in a rather unpleasant way. This medicine...it was supposed to curb the nightmares and send him into a deep sleep...wasn't it? This was the first time it had ever failed to work. What was he going to do if his precious tablets stopped being effective? He lay there helplessly for a few moments, trying to take deep, regular breaths, before the full, vivid memories day's events finally came crashing back down on him.

Basil. Arion squeezed shut his eyes again and almost screamed out loud. The last thing he wanted to do was go back to living knowing she didn't want to be with him anymore. The thought of having to plow through each day without at least a small glimpse of his sunshine was unbearable, but it was just about to become a reality for him. Arion's thoughts wandered to the high rope bridge spanning the sides of a wide chasm in a gloomy part of the forest, at the bottom of which a swift river flowed past abundant sharp, jagged rocks...and quickly put it out of his mind, beside himself with shame for even contemplating something like that. Everything was going to be fine as long as he had Celeste. Arion opened his eyes again. Had that Howler boy left yet? Probably not. Then why was it so quiet? This thought was immediately shattered by the loud, distant pounding.

Arion almost fell trying to get up; every muscle in his body had turned to plywood. He rubbed his eyes tiredly; being knocked out with a pill really was a terrible way to get some rest. But he really didn't have an option there. He rose stiffly to his feet and made his way downstairs, feeling slightly undead. He had no idea why he was even here; he knew someone was knocking on Celeste's door, not his. Arion glanced through the blinds, catching a glimpse of Hawthorne's form along with Celeste's. At first, he didn't know what to think. Why is he here? And that Howler boy still hasn't left. Arion thought, but more tiredly than angrily.

Endymion

Endymion gave a short laugh, glancing down at the sand for a brief moment before meeting Lyra's eyes again. "More often than not, something like that is true. I have to eat, after all," he remarked. He was interested in getting home alive, but he was usually the predator, not the prey. Besides, he liked traveling light. He knew if Lyra were to accompany him even once, she would make the entire journey much quicker and most likely more successful. But she had more important things to do than trekking in a cave in the mountains in search of a remote plant easily mistaken for a common weed. It might mean a lot to him, but in the end it was just something that would quickly dissolve inside a brewing stand.

"It felt rather abrupt. As if we haven't just ended a centuries-long war, and everything is just supposed to turn back into sunshine and daisies and greeting cards. But he has his own reasons." It was blatantly obvious Lyra still harbored her loathing of Quell, and Endymion shared that with her still. Hawthorne was a big reason the dark haired Howler had begun to find ways to effectively combat or snuff out green Quell magic in particular. Along with the fact that the entire environment was a weapon for a green haired Quell, and that his laboratory was underground, Endymion had made that a priority quickly enough. His first step had been to find a way to enchant metal to make it completely unresponsive to green magic, and from then on he used only that corrupted metal for his weapons and equipment. Other magicians might have different methods, but he liked this way the best.

As Lyra spoke, tilting her face up to the sky, Endymion listened to her as he always did, but he looked quite vengeful at the painful, unsightly bruises on her neck. But he remembered how shattered Arion had looked last night as he cradled Celeste's body in his arms, knowing she'd most likely never wake up. It had been something he'd waited for years to see. He pushed the thought out of his mind and mulled over Lyra's reasoning. It sounded waterproof to him. "That's fair enough. Hawthorne, however, now probably has to worry about us causing trouble or being caused trouble in his City. But if we are really going to fight this new human threat together, it's a start." Endymion couldn't blame Hawthorne for his noble efforts.

"Oh, you're the one I hate the least," Endymion teased Lyra gently, his eyes holding a faint sparkle as he grinned at her. "You are an invaluable companion, and I would choose you above anything else." He gave her hand a small rub with his thumb, the most affection he'd probably ever shown to anyone. The faint smile on her face and the fondness in her warm brown eyes was something he didn't see everyday. Endymion would've thought that Lyra had been injured worse than he'd realized for this to happen, but he knew better than that now. Besides, he had never felt this peaceful in a very long time - what with the chaos of wartime and his unquenchable thirst for more research that always pushed him too close to the edge. Perhaps he needed to slow down once in a while. Endymion had spent an astronomical amount of time with Lyra over the past two decades, but right now with her was something he never knew he needed.
arvanien

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rubyrocketboots13 » Mon May 14, 2018 6:36 pm

Juniper

Juniper happily closed his eyes as Celeste rubbed his head, feeling content. He loved the gentle way she played with his hair, it always seemed to make him feel so warm and cozy. The Howler boy gave a bubbly laugh," I think you're right about that bunny! I can never seem to fully grasp the ancient Quell's government, it just seemed much too complex with all of it's barons and things like that." Juniper shrugged a bit, his eyes twinkling merrily. " Though, I'm sure a monarchy must have worked for Solodin a long time ago, it's just not very practical today." Very gently, he ran his fingers through Celeste's hair as he continued," To be honest, I like the Howler pack's simpler government. It probably wouldn't work in a big city like Solodin, but I like not having so much government. We Howlers don't have very many problems that our alpha can't solve." Lyra's job was very tough, she was pretty much the only real government in the Howler village. This meant she had to make important decisions on her own, settle disbutes between members and manage day-to-day issues like organizing the dawn and evening hunts. It was a lot of work, but Lyra seemed to handle it almost effortlessly.

His eyes sparkling merrily, Juniper grinned crookedly back at Celeste. He adored her adorable little laugh as she called him a lovable puppy. " Aw, thank you honey bunny!" He laughed warmly. Impishly, he planted a quick kiss on her forehead, " You're so sweet darling" Juniper murmured happily

As Hawthorne arrived, Juniper looked just a tiny bit flustered. Though the war was over, he couldn't help but be a little skittish around the captain. Not to mention, Hawthorne toward a good bit above him; Juniper was very lean and thin, while the captain was bulky and pretty much all muscle. But the other reason Juniper was a bit uneasy was because he could sense Hawthorne's obvious panic- it made him worry a bit about the poor guy. But, as he saw Celeste unsteadily stand, immediately he was at her side to offer her support. Very gently, Juniper put his arm around her shoulder and quietly listened to Hawthorne's shaky explanation of what had happened.

Hawthorne

Hawthorne flinched slightly as Celeste touched his shoulder and shouted his name. He had been so focused that he hadn't even seen her and Juniper. Hawthorne's dark green eyes, much like his sister's, were filled with sorrow as he looked down at her. " I lost her." Though the captain was a little over six foot, the captain seemed smaller somehow without his trademark armour. " C-celeste... Basil's gone. She ran away and it's completely my fault. " He started, but he couldn't seem to calm down long enough to get his thoughts in order. Hawthorne was well-known for keeping a level-head in battle, but the idea of never seeing Basil again had shaken him badly. It was his greatest fear that he wouldn't be there to protect his sister if she was in danger. The captain took a breath and tried to collect himself before explaining what had happened. " I found this at the training center- it's addressed to your brother.... I know I shouldn't have opened it, but I recognized Basil's handwriting" He tried to smooth out the crumpled lavender colored note before he offered it to her. Hawthorne's hands were shaking just a bit as he gave it to her. "I don't have any idea where she's gone or who she's with. Basil... she never mentioned any of these 'friends' to me. I... know it's a long shot, but i had hoped she said something to you about them. Or maybe had an idea where she was headed." Hawthorne couldn't recall Basil mentioning any friends outside of Solodin to him; truthfully, she didn't have very many friends in the city. As far as the captain knew, Celeste was the only Quell Basil really ever talked to outside of the staff who worked at the Monaigh mansion. " I didn't know who else to turn to. " He said quietly, " I'm sorry if I disturbed you and ah.. your friend? Arion mentioned that you had been injured in the Howler village." Hawthorne felt a bit guilty about coming over and bothering Celeste after she had been injured. He hadn't remembered that she was hurt until he noticed her white hospital gown.

Running his hand through his hair, the captain looked at Celeste with a sorrowful expression. " Basil's never done anything like this before. This is all my fault" He glanced over at Arion's side of the duplex, crushing guilt and despair written all over his face. No matter what, Hawthorne had to bring his sister back to Solodin. And as soon as he saw both her and Arion, he was going to apologize for what he had said and done. Both of them deserved to be happy- they needed the chance to be together again, even Hawthorne recognized that now.

Lyra

Lyra gave a warm chuckle, her dark brown eyes holding an amused sparkle. " True," She said, teasing him playfully," But maybe you should stick to prey that's less likely to bite back. You're a brilliant warrior, Endymion, but even you might need help wrestling a bear." The alpha gave a warm laugh, her tone light hearted and friendly. It was almost strange seeing this side of her. Somehow Lyra was still herself; analytical, slightly apathetic and her tongue was as sharp as a blade, but somehow behind that she had a softer, more approachable side to her personality. The leader wasn't exactly affectionate or even remotely cuddly, but it was obvious she held a deep fondness for Endymion.

" I suppose you're right about that. After all these years of war, we can't expect change to happen over night. I think it was a very strategic idea, but in reality I know it's only going to cause problems. Howlers don't belong living underground with Quell and Quell don't belong here in the forest with us- it's just not nature's way" She reasoned logically. Her thinking was that the two magical races were meant to live in certain places for a reason. Howlers were better suited to live harsher lives in the forest, while Quell thrived in their underground homes. It made sense, at least in theory, but it was an outdated idea. Now that Howlers were living in Solodin, they didn't seem to have many issues at all once they were adjusted to living underground.

Lyra gave a slight nod as she glanced back at the beautiful clear sky. " It's strange to think that Quell and Howlers may become allies against the humans." She cracked a wane smile that didn't quite reach her eyes as it did before," What unites two warring races better than a common enemy?". Lyra hated the humans just as much as she had despised Quell during the war. She had seen the effects of the human's vile chemicals on the forest; prey killed, plants and trees poisoned, and even a member of the pack had become ill from accidentally coming across the filthy chemicals. What was next? What would happen if more chemicals were dumped into the ground? Would the pack have to leave before they either starved from the lack of good prey or were poisoned? Lyra didn't even want to think about it at the moment.

Pushing the worrying thoughts out of her mind, the alpha looked back at Endymion with her faint, but sincere smile. Lyra gave a warm laugh at his lighthearted teasing, " Well, I'm touched," She said amusedly, giving his hand a very gentle squeeze," You know something, I don't hate you either. No matter what, I'll always be by your side when you need me." The blonde she-Howler met his gaze, finding the sparkle in his eyes strangely attractive. Her already slightly flushed cheeks from fever turned a bit pinker at the thought, though Lyra had given up on trying to ingore it. She glanced down at their intertwined fingers as Endymion rubbed the back of her hand with his thumb. In all the years she had known him, she had never shown her- or anyone else- any affectionate like this before. It was rather sweet to see him acting this way. Lyra smiled faintly, her coffee colored eyes dancing with stars as she smiled back at Endymion. It felt absolutely blissful to be out here together like this. In some strange way, Lyra was almost glad she had been injured; if she hadn't been injured in the fight, neither of them would be out here, peacefully relaxing and enjoying each other's company. To her, it was worth it to see Endymion like this and to know how he truly felt about her.
rubyrocketboots13

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby arvanien » Wed May 16, 2018 7:00 pm

Celeste

"The old system of nobility got outdated because it became far too impractical," Celeste nodded. "It was probably a big ego feed for those with the pompous titles and large purses back then, though." She chuckled. Although there were considerably wealthy Quell in Solodin such as Hawthorne or the mayor, there wasn't a strict caste that divided Quell anymore. Celeste smiled at Juniper, "Although nearly everything about your way of life is much different than mine, I really love it. Solodin will always be my home, but I really wouldn't mind getting to live in your village." It was a pretty bold statement for a Quell who had lived in a wonderful, magical city with unique comforts her whole life.

Celeste beamed at Juniper, her blue eyes glimmering gently as he put his arm around her as she stood. He was so caring and thoughtful at all times, from his sweet kisses to attentively offering her physical support. "Thank you, Juniper," she said fondly, putting her hand on his. Celeste did notice how he seemed slightly skittish when Hawthorne arrived, and she couldn't blame him for being a little uneasy. She gave his hand a gentle squeeze, trying to reassure him, before focusing on Hawthorne.

"Lost?" Celeste repeated, horrified. Her heart sank to her knees as she saw how miserable Hawthorne looked. Shy, sweet, and cheerful Basil...run away? Celeste couldn't believe it, but the way Hawthorne looked so badly shaken told her it was true. "She never said a word to me. And no, you didn't disturb us at all, Hawthorne, it's quite all right," She said distractedly, though she didn't feel like her old self yet. Not knowing what to expect, Celeste numbly took the piece of lavender paper he offered her. Her face shifted from utter astonishment to pure dismay as she skimmed the note then read it over carefully. At reading the post script, she looked down at Juniper's hand with hers, a tiny smile pulling at the corners of her mouth. Basil was so sweet and gentle in her own way, it was impossible not to like her. Celeste could see why Arion had fallen so hard for her.

Arion, I really am truly sorry about leaving without saying goodbye. I wish I could stay and tell you this in person, but I think it's better if I get out of Solodin for a while. Don't worry about me, I'm going to stay with some friends. I love you Arion, more than I've ever loved anyone in my whole life. No one will ever replace you in my heart. <3 And I am so sorry I hurt you. I understand if you're still angry and I don't blame you for it. Remember, I promised that I'd always forgive you, no matter what darling. I just hope that you can forgive me for what I've done. Love always, Basil M.

P.s Take it easy on Juniper <3 He and Celeste are adorable together and they honestly love each other

(copied from your post from a while ago for reference)

Celeste looked up from the piece of paper, her face now blank. She could almost hear Basil's voice in her head, telling Arion she loved him and saying she was sorry for whatever she did. It might have been bittersweet any other time, but was just heartbreaking now. The way Arion put it made it sound like he was entirely at fault, but it was because he believed so. He's always been much too hard on himself. There must be a huge misunderstanding between the two of them, she thought, dread gripping her chest. Celeste noticed the way Hawthorne looked over at Arion's residence. "Hawthorne, it wasn't your fault," she said as gently as she could, "I don't know where she is, but I'll help you find her." She promised. Then her eyes widened at a sudden thought. "Arion...he's going to be heartbroken if he finds out," her shoulders slumped and Celeste almost collapsed at the thought. Seeing how heartsick and defeated Arion had been this afternoon had crushed her. He wouldn't take this well at all. But it would be unfair and unreasonable to keep the news from him.

Endymion

He laughed dryly, his smile finding its way to his eyes. This side of Lyra's personality was almost alien to him, yet he felt like it had been there all the time he'd known her. And now, it had just revealed itself. Seeing her looking so carefree reminded him of their tween years. "Like rabbits and squirrels? Most of them are mere fur-covered skeletons up in the mountain regions. Besides, they'll run away while bears will chase you." Endymion gave her a smile that would've been innocent looking if his pointed teeth hadn't ruined the look. He shifted a little closer to her, as if fearing anyone hearing what he had to say next. "I haven't told anyone yet, but some of the familiar species here have entirely different counterparts in the mountains. I once came across a stag with...eight eyes once. Like an spider." He continued, "It bolted before I could do anything. I'm hoping to find another so I can study it." By 'find', he meant 'capture', of course. Endymion had retained a bit of the little boy who asked why carrots were orange if they stayed underground and why birds were the only feathered animals in the forest.

"Perhaps not. But our kind can adapt to live anywhere." Endymion had always been quite confident in the abilities that Howlers possessed. He had talked to some pack members who had moved to Solodin and who came back to the village to visit, and most of them had already begun to love Solodin like it was their real home. Like the forest wasn't the one that had provided for them since primordial times. He could still be a little irritable over the fact that his little sister had visited Solodin by herself without telling him first. If Solodin was so wonderful, what would happen to their village? Fortunately, there were still Howlers who chose to remain with their beloved village. "Having an alliance between ourselves and the Quell might sound strange, but I think it's very likely now. These human and their toxic chemicals affect us all. But," he pointed out, "they're very cunning for lesser beings."

He looked back at her, lifting his eyebrows in mock surprise. "You don't hate me? I should have figured that out when you dragged me here all the way back from Solodin, after that battle." Endymion was around seventeen when he had been badly skewered several times by Quell archers during a heated fight. Lyra had saved him by somehow finding him and getting him back to the village. He'd never forget waking up and seeing her sitting by his side, much like he'd done to her last night. Endymion met Lyra's eyes, his normally intense, almost menacing glare softening slightly as he looked at her. "That means a lot. I know I have everything I will ever need when you're with me." He met her eyes, his heart quickening just a little (which he noted with great annoyance). But he'd never seen anything like this before, especially not from Lyra. He was used to seeing the familiar, fierce glint in her eyes that always encouraged him when nothing else could. Now, it looked like there were whole, glimmering constellations in her warm, earthy eyes. It was sappy, but that was exactly what it looked like. Endymion couldn't help but think that it was lovely. Ugh, I'm not supposed to be feeling this way. Why is she looking at me like this, and how is it so impossibly beautiful? He thought, a trifle vexed. But it was impossible to feel annoyed for long here. Nothing felt better - or was rarer - than taking a moment off with Lyra, like this. It meant everything to him to know that Lyra valued him the way he valued her, which was not something that every warrior was blessed with.
arvanien

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me