1x1 with hollyglow and Consulting_Angel

If you only want to roleplay with one other person, or only with certain people, then you can do so here (any genre).
Forum rules
Remember, all content must remain child-friendly at all times!
Users breaking this rule by using foul language, roleplaying explicit sexual scenes, excessive violence/torture, non-consensual 'romance', or other adult themes may be banned.

Re: 1x1 with hollyglow and Consulting_Angel

Postby Consulting_Angel » Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:24 pm

Ashton Rouleau
It took a little while, but Ashton soon started to come to. He shifted slightly, moving his head, and then he slowly opened his eyes. There was a dull pain throbbing in his jaw - he was pretty sure it had swollen slightly, and oh goodness, not his pretty face - and he tried to make sense of where he was, and what had happened. When it came back to him, and he felt the rocking, his eyes widened slightly and he sat up sharply. The sudden movement made his head ache for a moment, but he attempted to just ignore it, as his gaze fell on the man sat at the end of the bed. He took a deep breath, trying to figure out what to say, what to demand. He had half a mind to make an attempt to escape, but he figured that it would probably be useless at this point in time. Instead, he said, "I thought I demanded that you left me alone,"

Loralei Waverly
It was starting to get a little darker, and Loralei swam up to the surface again, wondering if that ship from earlier was passing by again. She spotted off in the distance, and she dived back under the water again. She did want to follow it... but now that a fair amount of time had passed, she was unsure. What if those people were bad people towards merfolk? And she could hardly take the journey alone - but she knew that there were no other merfolk that would even consider agreeing to join her.
Consulting_Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby hollyglow » Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:26 pm

Elsa Alina Asbjornson

It was late into the night when I felt the ship move. Apparently, when the man had said we'd leave in the morning, he actually meant we'd leave as soon as it could technically be considered morning---as in, one o'clock. I guessed that was around what time it was, anyway. I sat on my hammock, knees pulled up to my chest, and listened to the movement on the deck above me. I hadn't bought much in the town, just a small, plain bag to keep the remainder of my jewelry in. I'd considered selling the jewelry, but I wasn't confident enough in Gwildor's currency to be sure if I was getting a fair price, and for all I knew, I might end up somewhere where the currency was different. Better just to trade with my jewelry.

Jem Laceburn

I had nodded off, my head drooping against the wall despite my best efforts to keep awake. The prince's words woke me, though, and I gave a slightly groggy laugh. "Sorry, highness, but I'm afraid your demands don't carry much weight around here. I sure wouldn't try making 'em to the rest of the crew. Some of them might get a bit more offended than I." I flashed a charming grin at him---a bit of a joke, given that I was, after all, his captor. "Unless my information is very faulty, in which case I offer my deepest, most heartfelt apologies, you are the crown prince of Gwildor?" My voice tilted up slightly, the only sign that it was actually a question. Otherwise, the corner of my mouth twitched and my eyes sparkled, as though this were all an elaborate joke. I'd found it was the best way to deal with unsavory jobs like this.
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
SINGING THE SONG OF ANGRY MEN

ImageImage
Hi! I'm Erin/Eren/Aaron. Um.
Not sure what else to put here...I
guess, I'm kinda an average
teen...ask my pronouns, please.
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ IT IS THE MUSIC OF A PEOPLE WHO WILL NOT BE SLAVES AGAIN!━━━━━━━
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
⋙⋙⋙⋙⋙⋙⋙
━━━━━━━━━━
━━━━━━━━━━
©
━━━━━━━━━━
⋙⋙⋙⋙⋙⋙⋙
to die for lack of love is horrible.

the asphyxia of the soul.

✕✕✕✕✕✕✕✕✕✕✕✕✕✕✕✕✕✕✕✕✕✕
hollyglow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Consulting_Angel » Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:57 pm

Ashton Rouleau
Scowling the moment he heard the laugh, Ashton folded his arms across his chest, annoyed. "Well then, maybe you should have thought twice before kidnapping me for no reason. I will make any demands that I want." he replied. He did not appreciate that it seemed this other man was making it out to seem like it was all an elaborate joke, or as if this was all hilarious. Even if it had been expressed that he was not going to be getting his own way around here, he was still going to try - he was not willing to make things easy for anyone, no matter what happened. "Why would I tell you that?" he then shot back - though he suspected that the man already knew the answer to his own question anyway.

Loralei Waverly
Breaching the surface once again, Loralei kept her on on the ship from earlier, then she glanced towards the distance docks of some land that she had been swimming towards. She wasn't going to get close - she just wanted to see the ships. What was also odd, she found, was that another boat had departed from the docks as well. Perhaps she'd have to keep an eye on that one as well - even she knew that most ships did not leave at this time, unless they were potentially up to something.
Consulting_Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby hollyglow » Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:18 am

Elsa Alina Asbjornson

The young man I'd hired appeared in the doorway. "Why don't you come up and meet the crew?" He asked. His voice was brusque, but not unkind. I nodded and followed him up. The wind was blowing, splashing water across the deck. We moved around, and the young man introduced me to each member of the crew. None of them seemed to care about me one way or the other, although I caught some kind smiles, as well as some muttering about women bringing bad luck. I didn't mind. It was for the best, really, if no one was asking too many questions. It was also a new sensation: I wasn't used to people having no feelings towards me. It was almost liberating.

Jem Laceburn

I shrugged, managing to convey a great deal of complete indifference in that one gesture. "Do whatever you like, then. It makes no difference to me." I propped my feet up on the table next to the bed. "Although you won't enjoy this whole process much if you're so uncooperative. Well, I suppose it means the rest of us get better food, if you'll only do the opposite of what I tell you." I smiled again. "Speaking of which, can I get you anything? Food? Water? Drink? I am your humble servant, highness."
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

ImageImage
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ IT IS THE MUSIC OF A PEOPLE WHO WILL NOT BE SLAVES AGAIN!━━━━━━━
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
⋙⋙⋙⋙⋙⋙⋙
━━━━━━━━━━
━━━━━━━━━━
©
━━━━━━━━━━
⋙⋙⋙⋙⋙⋙⋙

✕✕✕✕✕✕✕✕✕✕✕✕✕✕✕✕✕✕✕✕✕✕
hollyglow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Consulting_Angel » Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:11 am

Ashton Rouleau
"I will, then," Ashton responded, though he drew back slightly, but he did start to wonder if there was any way that he could start to push some buttons - there was no way anyone could remain so indifferent or make it seem like anything was a joke. He then scoffed, as though he couldn't quite believe what he had heard. "I won't enjoy this anyway, so I don't see the point," he snapped, agitated. He glowered towards the man for a few moments. He was not going to accept anything that he didn't know wasn't tainted or potentially poisoned, or just in general disgusting. "You can, but I don't want you to get me anything," he then said, though he did consider asking for something for his jaw, considering it still hurt slightly.

Loralei Waverly
As she watched, she noted movement on the deck. So there was also quite the decent crew onboard. Loralei hesitated, the wind seemingly starting to get harsher, and she looked up towards the sky. It was getting much cloudier as well, and she did not like the look of it. She partially hoped that they were prepared for a storm - as that's what certainly seemed to be fast approaching.
Consulting_Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby hollyglow » Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:16 am

Elsa Alina Asbjornson

The wind was picking up even more, and I shivered as a breeze chilled my arms. I was used to cold, but it was a different feeling on the sea. Crisp, clear, almost blinding, as though the cold had taken the shine of the light on the waves and turned it into a feeling. I looked over at the dark clouds that were spreading ominously across the horizon. A hand clapped on my shoulder, and I jumped, turning. An older man, perhaps in his fifties, stood behind me. "What brings you here, then?" He asked, his gaze fixed on the sea behind me. "Most young women haven't the means nor reason to take a sea journey in this manner." I stepped away with a shrug. "My husband was captured by pirates and I intend to find him and bring him home." The man guffawed. "Ha! You're a riot, girl. Well, if I were you, I'd take shelter. The sky seems to have something planned for us." I cocked my head, trying to work out what he meant. After a moment, I realized he thought a storm was coming and tilted my chin in recognition. "I see. I shall go below deck in a moment."

Jem Laceburn

I smirked at the prince. "Alright, I suppose I'll just stay down here with you, then, given how you're clearly dying to get to know me." The prince was obviously used to having people listen to him, and despite knowing there was no good reason to do so, I couldn't help doing my best to prod him. It was just so easy, really. There was something about people like this...
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

ImageImage
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
⋙⋙⋙⋙⋙⋙⋙
━━━━━━━━━━
━━━━━━━━━━
©
━━━━━━━━━━
⋙⋙⋙⋙⋙⋙⋙

✕✕✕✕✕✕✕✕✕✕✕✕✕✕✕✕✕✕✕✕✕✕
hollyglow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Consulting_Angel » Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:55 am

Ashton Rouleau
With a sour pout, Ashton clearly did not like the idea of the man staying with him for even a second longer. "I don't care about getting to know you, or any of your crew. I just care about going back to Gwildor, alive," he scowled, easily falling for the bait. He couldn't believe that it had already been so easily and quickly figured out how he could get annoyed. He turned away, as though he was going to be doing his very best attempt at trying to ignore the captain, and he absently rubbed his bruised jaw carefully.

Loralei Waverly
As the storm rolled in, Loralei felt the waves starting to get stronger, being pulled along with them as she stayed above the surface. However, she knew that if she didn't want to risk getting herself washed up or pushed against rocks or boats, then she'd have to go below the surface. Diving under, the currents were easier to stay relatively still against. She kept an eye on the underside of the ship, glancing back when another mermaid approached her, telling her that they should go, but she said that she wanted to stay... just for a few more minutes, to see what happened.
Consulting_Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby hollyglow » Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:07 am

Elsa Alina Asbjornson

I knew how quickly storms could escalate; I'd watched them from my palace window a thousand times. I knew how deceptive it could be, one moment a brisk wind and a few clouds in the distance, the next moment sheets of rain or hail falling from purple clouds; I'd been caught outside at least once a year for my whole life. I knew better than to stay outside when there was clearly a storm coming. But there was something fascinating about watching the sea move faster and the sky get darker. I stayed by the railing and watched, ignoring the crew moving around behind me. And then the ship flew over a wave as though it was an out of control carriage. When it hit the water, the entire ship jolted. The railing and deck were slick with rain, and I slipped. I wasn't expecting it, and I fell, pitching forward over the railing and falling. I had no idea if anyone even noticed as I hit the water, but it didn't matter, because when I kicked my way to the surface, the ship had vanished behind the dark waves. Gasping and sputtering, I didn't bother to scream. There was no one to hear. My best option was to flip onto my back and float...as I did so, the cold faded and I was thrown into a memory. It had been an unusually warm day, and Erek had decided to teach me to swim. The first thing he told me was that if I ended up lost and too far from him and land, I should flip onto my back. Of course it had happened, and I'd done as he'd said. The water had been cold, but not painfully so, and I'd stared up at the sky, which was a clear, unblemished blue, and wondered if I'd ever get back to land. I'd imagined floating in the ocean for the rest of my life, and wondered if it would be so bad. It was peaceful, the waves rocked me relaxingly. I'd closed my eyes and arched my back, ready to float indefinitely, and then Erek had caught me in his arms. The cold was numbing, and I could easily imagine that I was back in that day. I already knew what would happen, so all I had to do was wait for Erek to come. Of course he would come. No matter how selfish and conceited he might be, he would always come for me. As I waited for him, I began to sink below the waves without noticing.

Jem Laceburn

I casually glanced out the window at the sheets of rain smacking against the glass. The ship was rocking so much that it was like looking at two different scenes: one of pitch black sea, one of silvery curtains of rain against purple sky. I wasn't particularly concerned. Yes, it was a nasty storm, but I had faith in my crew. We'd been through worse together. "Well, y'know, I can guarantee you'll make it to our destination alive. After that? Not my problem." The ship rocked again and I wrapped an arm effortlessly around a bedpost to keep myself steady. "You don't get seasick, do you?" I asked lightly, not really paying attention.
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

ImageImage
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
⋙⋙⋙⋙⋙⋙⋙
━━━━━━━━━━
━━━━━━━━━━
©
━━━━━━━━━━
⋙⋙⋙⋙⋙⋙⋙

✕✕✕✕✕✕✕✕✕✕✕✕✕✕✕✕✕✕✕✕✕✕
hollyglow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Consulting_Angel » Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:21 am

Ashton Rouleau
The storm outside had suddenly picked up and raged, rocking the ship way too much for his liking. Ashton kept a tight grip on the bedsheets, as though to keep himself steady and not getting thrown about. He'd had enough of that. "Of course it's not your problem. Nothing ever is. All you'll do is just go on your merry way after dumping me to some weirdo," he spat, bitterly, mostly to hide the fact that he was now getting concerned, and was thinking of hundreds of different ways of what would happen during the storm - none of them particularly good, and increasingly more improbable. "No. I don't," he then replied, even though he had gone pale, and his voice wavered slightly.

Loralei Waverly
The storm had picked up far too much at this point - she could even feel the harsh waves from where she was, below the surface. She also watched the underside of the ship, watching as it was tossed around, disappearing from view as it was hit by what she assumed was a particularly large wave. The other mermaid had left now, telling her that she should get back to the city, and stay safe. However, Loralei only half-listened, and she instead swam to the surface, just to see that there appeared to be someone floating in the water. "Oh goodness..." she murmured, and turned to see the ship just... disappearing, batted away already too far for her. She gritted her teeth, and turned back towards the person - a young woman, she could tell now - just floating on her back. 'Smart girl...' she thought. The storm still howled, but she saw that the young woman was starting to slowly sink, so Loralei dived back under the waves, swimming towards her. She took hold of the woman once she reached her, pushing her back up towards the surface, to keep her there and breathing.
Consulting_Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby hollyglow » Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:34 am

Elsa Alina Asbjornson

Just as the water covered my face, I felt strong arms catch me. My long blond hair tangled around my face in a delicate cloud, making it difficult to distinguish anything about the person by touch. I assumed, in my daze, that it must be Erek, and I tilted my face against the person's chest. I could have opened my eyes, but it was colder than I remembered, and I just wanted to sleep. "Erek..." I murmured softly. "I'm ready to go home." I couldn't summon the energy for anything else.

Jem Laceburn

I pressed my lips together, mostly just so he'd feel like I was really insulted. "I'm wounded! I assure you, it is very much my problem whether or not I get the money I was promised for delivering you. And by the way, you might want to show him some more respect. I mean, he is sort of in control of your life. Just a thought." The ship pitched back and forth, rocking like a giant swing set. "Oh, well that's a relief. Nothing I hate more than a seasick prisoner." I smirked at him again.
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

ImageImage
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
⋙⋙⋙⋙⋙⋙⋙
━━━━━━━━━━