“ ✦, nothing but shattered scenes .

If you only want to roleplay with one other person, or only with certain people, then you can do so here (any genre).
Forum rules
Remember, all content must remain child-friendly at all times!
Users breaking this rule by using foul language, roleplaying explicit sexual scenes, excessive violence/torture, non-consensual 'romance', or other adult themes may be banned.

“ ✦, iv .

Postby encia » Wed Aug 30, 2023 5:01 am

𝐌𝐈𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐀 ! ── » 𝐈 𝐃𝐎𝐍'𝐓 𝐊𝐍𝐎𝐖 𝐇𝐎𝐖 𝐈'𝐋𝐋 𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐋, 𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐍 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐃𝐈𝐄 .

indent"as much as the mithra i know hated me and derived joy from tormenting me..."
    indentthe mage's voice was flat as he described mithra— or rather, the mithra that they knew, and not the mithra currently standing in the room. hated? derived joy from tormenting others? he couldn't quite remember what words others would use to describe him, but at the very least, none of those words gave him that feeling of deja vu he was all so familiar with. his mind was swirling with questions, questions about the other mithra, but there was one thing he knew for certain.
    indentthat mithra they were talking about, it was a mithra a far cry from the person he was. perhaps, it was someone that just simply lived on in that mage's memory.
    indenthe opened his mouth to retort, to tell them that whoever they were describing, it definitely wasn't him, but the way the mage was saying it... he couldn't bring himself to say it. the way they almost talked about that mithra as if he was still alive, not here but maybe somewhere out there, before correcting themself, and the way they forced those words out in that oh-so-nonchalant manner.
    indentit gave him this indescribable feeling, like a lump stuck in his throat with that tightened feeling in his chest. like there was something else, something other than whatever he wanted to retort, he wanted to say to this mage. whatever it was, he didn't like this feeling, nor the way the mage talked about that mithra like that.
    indentit pained his heart. a tone like that didn't fit memphis, someone he remembered to be this oh-so-prideful person-
    indent... eh? who's that again?

indent"as much as i hate to say it, memphis has a point," the knight lady seemed to be directing her words towards him. memphis? it's that name again... mithra tilted his head slightly in curiosity, wondering about the context he had just missed. "you'd stir up trouble, especially around novaesium, and we can't really have that happening."
    indenttrouble? come to think of it, what was he doing before he came in here for questioning? there was tingly, sore kind of feeling near his ankles, and he felt kind of drained, like he used his mana for something... i didn't attack anyone, did i? but looking at the knight lady's face, that didn't seem to be the case. if it was, he doubted she would've just dragged him here for some questions and ended it with that.
    indent"would you like to stay here in aeternitas?"
    indenthis eyes widened slightly. huh? that... well, that being a surprise to him would kind of be an understatement. perhaps it would be more accurate to say that he was stunned by her proposition. this certainly wasn't what he had expected. in fact, her suggesting him join the guild, even if it was under the pretense of monitoring him so he doesn't cause trouble, was one of the last things he expected.
    indentthe two's banter continued for a bit— from what he could tell, they were saying something about him not having a choice, although he was quite literally in the room as they talked about that—, but his mind was mostly occupied by the fact that hey, he just got invited to a guild? when all he got from guilds and all that were requests to leave, sometimes even just straight up being forcibly kicked out?
    indentyou're the reason why we failed the raid, dammit!
    indenthow'd you forget to take the requested item with you? what the hell, this is why i told the leader not to accept you...
    indentwe have no need for someone who can't even remember his own name without that scrap of paper.
    indenteven though he couldn't usually remember the simplest of things, for some reason, those words just stuck in his head. the people who told him that, their appearances, what guild or party they were from, or even their voices. he could no longer remember those things. and yet, the words they left him when they kicked him out... even if he didn't write it down in his journal, it still echoed in his mind whenever he thought about joining a guild or a party.
    indenti am afraid that this is something that isn't really negotiable.
    indentthe woman's voice echoed in his head. even though he was basically being forced to join, he didn't feel all too upset about it. as long as he ignored that creeping feeling of not wanting to give that mage— his eyes trailed over to where they were standing, but he couldn't quite read the expression on their face— the satisfaction he seemed to want from this, that is.
    indentseriously, this mage really was making him confused, even more confused when he found out normal people didn't forget things like he did.
    indenteither way, there wasn't really any thought about rejecting the knight lady's offer, even if him joining was just to keep him under surveillance. "okay," he said, and in a quiet voice, he sheepishly added, "it's not like i have a reason to reject, anyways..."
    indent"alright, that's decided then," the knight lady said with a nod. "i'll have to settle the related paperwork on my end first, so come by again tomorrow. someone can show you around then, as well. you're free to go now."
    indenthe gave a meek nod as he took out a pen and started jotting down reminders for himself, under his latest note. what was the guild's name again...? it started with an a... no, maybe an e? oh well, worst come to worst, he could just ask someone for directions. the usual stuff. joined a guild today. i think the name starts with an a? he quickly scribbled down, along with a need to go to the guild headquarters tomorrow. go as soon as you wake up.
    indent"i'll be back tomorrow, then." after putting his journal back into his bag, he left the office with a small bow.

indentthe guild's headquarters— or at least, that's what he assumed this building was— was easier to navigate than expected, no doubt thanks to the signs that were around. still, when he exited the office and saw the sign outside, he couldn't help but feel a bit shocked. one of them was the guildmaster? ah, i hope i didn't screw up that badly...
    indentnevermind that, though. for now, at least, he silently thought to himself. right now, there was a more pressing matter... and it was all of the gazes being directed at him. was he acting that weird? no way, right? or maybe, did he do something wrong? ever since he stepped out of the office and headed down towards the reception area, all he could feel were these... stares, poking at him, from nearly every direction. i think i really did do something wrong.
    indentthe corners of his mouth curled downwards, but he shook his head. think about something else, something else... he repeated in his head, trying to ignore the piercing looks everyone he walked past was giving him. ahh, how long more until i reach the entrance...
    indentactually, now that he thought of it, he was walking through this building far too easily, even with the signs around. almost as if, he had walked through this place multiple times before. scratch that. not just multiple times, it was more like he'd walked through this place far too many times, to the point that it was muscle memory to him. except, it was his first time in that building— at least, he was almost sure it was.
    indenta strange feeling of deja vu washed over him. ah, damn it... this damned feeling, he just wished he could remember more-

indent"ow." a dull pain coursed through his body, snapping him out of his daze. huh? when did he fall down?
    indent"sorry about that," the person apologised. an almost husky, yet mellow-sounding voice that sounded oddly nostalgic and familiar. did he meet this person before?
    indent"ah, it's fine." as he got up, his gaze landed on the person in front of him, who seemed to be in the midst of outstretching her hand to help him, but stopped for whatever reason. a beastkin woman with white hair, blood red eyes, and goat-like animal features... it felt like her name was at the tip of his tongue, but for some reason, he couldn't utter it out.
    indent"... mithra?"
    indentthe woman absentmindedly mumbled, and when their eyes locked, he swore he saw a pained expression flash across her face. why did she have that expression? it reminded him of someone else, who looked at him with that very same expression, but he couldn't remember who. but more importantly, how did she know his name...?
    indent"no, nevermind. i must've mistaken you for someone i know."
    indentit felt like others have been mistaking him for someone else lately.
    indent"i'd like to chat with you some more, but i'm in a rush right now. i'll see you around."
    indenthe didn't say anything as she left, seemingly in a rush to elsewhere. a strange feeling was welling up in his chest, almost like he'd finally met someone he's wanted to meet for the longest time now. but, did he have anyone like that...?
    indentoh, i'm at the reception area. there's the exit. he pushed those thoughts to the back of his head. judging from her words, it seemed like he'd be seeing that woman again. that guildmaster, and the mage, too. i should go find an inn to stay at.
encia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me