uruk-hai rising ➸ a lotr invite only

If you only want to roleplay with one other person, or only with certain people, then you can do so here (any genre).
Forum rules
Remember, all content must remain child-friendly at all times!
Users breaking this rule by using foul language, roleplaying explicit sexual scenes, excessive violence/torture, non-consensual 'romance', or other adult themes may be banned.

[ daughter of the forest ] [ post one ]

Postby Keriae » Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:47 am

TAURIEL.
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
      [ female ] [ tagged: legolas ]

People always spoke about how an elf's feet were tireless, how they could go and keep going for much longer than a man, or a dwarf, or a hobbit. People always spoke of an elf's stamina, of an elf's power, of an elf's accuracy. They never spoke of when a elf got tired, when their stamina failed them, or when an elf made a bad shot. Granted, she hadn't made a shot as bad as many of the other species that roamed Middle-Earth, but in her own opinion, when the Uruk-hai had attacked Mirkwood, she had not performed as well as she would have liked. As a result her skin, normally so pale, was mottled with bruises that darkened by the minute; it was also marked by dried blood and treated fresh wounds. Immediately after the battle - or the slaughter, which suited the attack much better, for many lives had been lost - King Thranduil had sent for herself and his son and sent them on their way. Everyone else was needed at their ancient home.

Tauriel assumed that the rest would follow them later. In the meantime, she wasn't going to let anything pull her back. It was in the past now and there was no point in mulling over it. Stifling a sigh, she wound the leather reins tighter around her hand and pressed her heels into her steed's flank. Speed and time was of the essence and they hadn't been able to risk walking, for it would take too long. After a few more minutes travelling as a trot - her horse seemed to be very, very close to collapsing and she did not wish for it to keel over just yet - the captain of the guard lifted her head and was greeted by the sight of Rivendell.

She couldn't resist urging her horse onwards. They were near the end of their perilous journey and that meant she would finally be able to sleep and regain her energy. But her horse was stumbling over the loose stones under its hooves and it was both a mental and physical battle to keep the beast upright. She could feel her quiver and bow jolting on her back and her daggers pressing against the flesh of her thigh with every movement. Elrond was likely waiting for them: he had to have heard news of the attack and their impending arrival.

(Captain and I agreed to have them arrive together ^.^)
Keriae

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: uruk-hai rising ➸ a lotr invite only

Postby Greenleaf » Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:55 am

egolas reenleaf

{ condition: exhausted } { tagged: Tauriel, mentioned Elrond and Thranduil }
. . .

• The clip-clopping of his horse's hooves sounded out loudly, irregularly on the paved stone path, almost eerie in the near-silence. It occurred ever-so-faintly in the back of Legolas's wearied mind that this peacefulness was far too good to be true; what happened to all the sounds of battle, the clashing of untempered steel, the screams of his homeland, and worst of all, the triumphant snarls of the dreaded Uruk-hai?

No; the gentle quiet of Imladris was only a false representation compared to what was about to happen, the calm before the storm, the breath before the plunge. After the fall of Sauron, it seemed that the remaining Uruks had gathered together in one final, desperate explosion in an attempt to retake Middle-earth once more and fulfill their late master's wish. For a few short decades everything had seemed to be perfect; how on earth had all this went wrong?

From what Legolas knew, the Uruks had pounced upon Greenwood first. All the years of work it had cost the Wood-elves to finally recreate Eryn Lasgalen had practically been in vain, for as soon as the spawns of Isengard had entered the eaves of the forest, parts of the newly-healed Greenwood had reverted back into being dark and rotted. Legolas, being both the prince and one of the head archers of the kingdom had of course been part of one of the head armies. For a while they had held the Uruks back, but the battle had drastically spiraled downwards from there.

Legolas could hardly count how many times he had been nicked by some sort of orc-weapon or bruised by an iron fist during battle; he had been grazed by an arrow to the shoulder and the tender wound had only just healed; he had even been knocked with a sword-hilt over the temple shortly before being sent off to Rivendell with Tauriel; sometimes he could fancy that his head was still spinning. None of his wounds, however, could compare with the confusion he had felt when suddenly, on one of the last days of battle, a huge army of Uruks had unexpectedly broken off from the siege and had began heading towards the direction of Imladris. As no one else could possibly be spared, the king had sent off Tauriel and Legolas to aid Elrond, should the elf-lord ever need it. At times Legolas rued the fact that he had left his father's kingdom; Thranduil was still trying to hold off the onslaught of orcs. It had already been some time since the two of them had left; had Greenwood succeeded in breaking apart the Uruk army? what if the twisted spawns had already made their way through?! what if -

But his thoughts were abruptly cut short when he realized that they were already quite near the Last Homely House, and his steed had already halted by its own will as it pawed at the ground impatiently, as if demanding its rider to dismount immediately. By the Valar, Legolas could hardly imagine that they had finally reached Elrond's realm; during the long, exhausting trip, one of his irrepressible fears was that the journey would never be able to end.

The elf lightly leapt off the back of his tired horse, but it wasn't with his usual grace; he stumbled a bit when he stood upon the ground, feeling the intense stiffness of a long ride catch up to him, and he could hardly feel his own legs. But the pain was overwhelmed by the immense feeling of relief, that at long last they had reached their destination. For a while he simply stood there, leaning against his horse while murmuring words of thanks to the faithful beast, but a few moments later he patted his horse on the rump, giving it permission to head to the pastures to have some well-deserved rest.

No matter how much Legolas just wanted to drop then and there, he knew that there were still matters that had to be dealt with before reposing. "The Lord Elrond and the others must already be waiting for us; we should go take counsel before resting," he remarked rather offhandedly, as his mind just wasn't quite working at the moment.

(Ouch. Apologies if this post isn't up to usual standards, I'm really really bad at first posts. And sorry that I refrained from posting for so long!)

Code: Select all
[center][size=170][color=#008000][b]L[/b] egolas [b]G[/b] reenleaf[/color][/size]

{ [i][b]condition: [/b]text here[/i] } { [i][b]tagged: [/b] whoever
[list][list][*][size=90]text[/size][/list][/list]
Greenleaf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: daersathir ➸ two.

Postby Rivkah » Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:46 am

daersathir calithta. .
      avari [ dark elf ] :: tagged; all.

He sensed distrust and curiosity the moment the first elf arrived. She was petite, more than a foot shorter than he was, and he thought it possible to hurt her just by touching her. So he averted his eyes back to Elrond, choosing not to speak and make a fool of himself. While never having yearned for approval before, there was nothing in Middke Earth that Daer desired more than to honor Elrond and lead Rivendell to victory. To achieve that, he had to work with his team instead of against them.

He heard noise outside but dismissed it. Finally hearing the sounds of two horses and muffled voices, he murmured, "Sir, shall I greet them?" in that deep rumble of his. Elrond nodded. "Go ahead, they will be quite tired after all the drama in their home, and tired from the journey." He stood obediently, opening the door and letting natural light flood in. The windows did not show as much since they were tinted for secrecy. He stepped forward, spotting them and advancing until they were standing a suitable distabce away while still being close. He had to look down, as even tall Legolas was lacking a couple inches to meeting his height. "Elrond welcomes you and bids you come to greet him for a brief meeting before he shows you to your chambers to retire. His voice was quiet and respectful, not wanting to anger these elves before they even knew of the fact he would be leading them.

He had heard of them both, of course, and admired their skills in battle and in strategy. He only hoped that they would not scorn him and label him dim-witted and vicious; he knew Legolas had at one time but no longer resented dwarves, and Tauriel was a stubborn force to be reckoned with. Clearing his throat, he turned and led them into the small meeting room, resuming his seat beside Elrond and glancing only briefly at Beleguth.

He prayed that this would go well.

Last edited by Rivkah on Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rivkah

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[ post two ]

Postby floki, » Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:05 am

[ Ьєlєgєтн ]
      ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
      xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx[ tagged; everyone ]
        Her gaze casted over to Elrond once he spoke up. There was going to be others. A sigh
        escaped her thin, chapped lips. She was not used to working with more than one other
        person, and now she would have to adjust to working with how many more were
        coming. But she estimated there was going to be two more from the chairs that
        rested on either side of her. Slowly she sat up in a straighter position, so she could
        make a good impression of herself once they entered. Although she was small,
        and rather petite looking, she was strong willed at heart. She didn't want people to
        think of her as useless, and a fragile creature.

Her head moved, as the strange man left the chamber to go get the others. Once he
        had left, she turned back to Elrond. He was the only man here she was willing to trust
        at the moment. "May I ask to whom that was, and who else is coming?" her voice was
        but a whisper. Always quiet, and timid she was. She hadn't remembered when she ever
        had talked normally, besides the times when battle lust ran through her veins, but even
        then she was quiet.

His gaze turned to her and a smile grew across his lips. "That, was Daersathir Calithta."
        was the only thing he was able to say, before the man walked back in. Her gaze shifted
        back over to him. She watched as he slowly sat down in front of her. His gaze shifted to
        her, causing her to look up at the door, expecting the others to walk through.

This is a strange man, he is. her thoughts moved quickly as she waited for the meeting
        to begin.
floki,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: [ daughter of the forest ] [ post two ]

Postby Keriae » Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:14 am

TAURIEL.
      [ female ] [ tagged: legolas ]

Before long both herself and Legolas had reached the bottom of the slope and were staring up at the Last Homely House. She was quick to slide from the leather saddle, grimacing as the movement pulled on her sore muscles and aching wounds. Tauriel did not even have time to pat her steed in thanks before the beast was racing away to the pastures. No doubt she would see it later, once both of them had recuperated and eaten. But for now, it was best to find Elrond. Legolas mentioned this off-handedly and just after they were joined.

The Captain of the Guard had opened her mouth to respond to the Prince of the Woodland Realm when her eyes fell upon the dark elf. He bore no resemblance to other elves - he looked more like a massive man - and he spoke quickly, like a messenger. Tauriel saw no need to reply back for he began to lead them through the hallways. She shot a quick look at the male besides her, eyebrows raised, but consented to follow. If he was here, Lord Elrond must trust him. Adjusting her quiver and bow on her shoulder, she brushed past Legolas in a friendly manner. They were both tired but it seemed Elrond was ready for them.

They were lead to a small meeting room and Tauriel made sure to stand just the slightest bit behind Legolas, as opposed to in front. He might be her friend, and she might see him as a brother, but he was still a Prince. Her head nodded in greeting to the others in the room and her lips twisted into an exhausted smile. It was nice to see elves who were not harmed.
Last edited by Keriae on Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Keriae

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Greenleaf » Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:43 pm

egolas reenleaf

{ condition: exhausted } { tagged: (in order) Daersathir, Tauriel, Belegeth, Elrond }
. . .

• Legolas had scarcely taken two steps before one of the doors suddenly opened and a huge being emerged, causing the elf to step backwards a bit out of surprise. Legolas considered himself a tall elf, but even he had to tip his head up a bit to be able to see the face of this newcomer. At first glance, Legolas assumed this to be a large human, perhaps even one of the Beornings of the North; but surprisingly enough, pointed ears revealed themselves to his eyes, and they seemed to be the only delicate feature of this person's appearance; was this stranger truly an elf? If it was, then this had to be the Avar that Elrond had mentioned.

Legolas was facing a dark-elf, an Avar, a race of Moriquendë. I have never seen a dark-elf before, was the overly-childish thought that slipped into his mind; indeed, Legolas had been taught through his lessons that these elves, the 'Refusers', were sly and untrustworthy, servants if Sauron and Melkor. But if Elrond himself had chosen this elf to lead their forces, who was he to scoff at the elf-lord's decisions? So Legolas, if rather hesitantly, laid a hand to his heart and gave a little bow in a traditional elven salute of respect. "Greetings... Daersathir," he murmured, secretly wondering at the foreign name and hoping that he had gotten it correct; he had only heard the name once through one of Elrond's messages to Thranduil. "It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance; I trust that we will be able to be brothers in arms together," he added, straightening with a slight wince.

When the dark-elf greeted them in turn and mentioned a brief meeting with Elrond, it took almost all of Legolas's self-control not to groan aloud. The last time the elf-lord had announced that they would be having a 'brief meeting', he had been speaking about the Council of the Ring... but with effort Legolas pushed that nagging thought away and consented himself to follow Daersathir through the halls towards their meeting place, exchanging a swift glance with Tauriel. He felt an unexpected pang of concern when he saw the bruises and long-since dried blood marring the female captain's usually so fair face and clothing and prayed that they would all be able to retire to their chambers soon enough.

The council room was large and extravagantly adorned, as was wont of Elrond's halls. But in small details Legolas could still note how the room showed evidence of being a specifically private room; the dark-tinted stained glass windows and the hush that seemed to fall over his ears as soon as he entered. There was Elrond, of course, sitting in the head chair, but to Elrond's side there was another elf, so petite-looking and fragile that Legolas did a double-take; could such a delicate being be capable of battling? Through Elrond's messages, the elf-lord had mentioned a young elleth known as Belegeth; was this her? The name of 'great woman' seemed to be a rather strange name to be given to such a small elf, but Legolas supposed that it was yet too early to make judgements.

Turning to face the elf-lord, Legolas bowed and murmured, "Greetings, my lord. We shall be taking up counsel shortly, I assume, regarding the matter of these Uruk-hai?" It was a bit of an impromptu salutation, but given the circumstances surrounding their arrival Legolas hoped it would be adequate enough. Despite the tiredness lurking in the corners of his vision, Legolas was genuinely curious to as to what Lord Elrond had established, and as to why such a strange council had been invited.

Code: Select all
[center][size=170][color=#008000][b]L[/b] egolas [b]G[/b] reenleaf[/color][/size]

{ [i][b]condition: [/b]text[/i] } { [i][b]tagged: [/b] whoever[/i] }
[size=200]. . .[/size][/center]
[list][list][*][size=90]text[/list][/list][/size]
Greenleaf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

daersathir ➸ three.

Postby Rivkah » Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:04 pm

daersathir calithta. .
      avari [ dark elf ] :: tagged; all.

Beleguth had not spoken and was so withdrawn that he could not tell what she was feeling toward him besides curiosity. Was she revolted? Frightened? Judgemental? Or was it quite the opposite and he was merely being paranoid? Tauriel had not conversed either, though she showed no signs of looking down upon him. Legolas was the only one of his new comrades to utter so much as a syllable to him, and his words did not sound insincere. He was giving him a chance. So the reserved Avari gave a quiet smile to the other male, grateful for his civil tongue despite how worse for the wear he looked. Once they had all settled within the private chamber, Elrond spoke. "As you all are well aware, the Uruk-hai are rising. How they are doing so without a proclaimed leader to keep their focus, none of us know, not even our scouts. But they are worse a threat than they were decades ago when Sauron and Sarumon were the problem. But the One Ring is no more and these beasts are actually gaining the upper hand."

When not on Elrond, Daersathir's gaze lingered on his own folded hands, feeling nervous. "So I have called the four best fighters and many skilled men and women of every alliable species to aid us. Each of you will have a quarter to lead, but you must also work as a team. That said," the dark elf swallowed as the Lord put a hand on his shoulder, "...Daersathir will be overseeing everything. Weapon provisions, strategies, messages. He will be leading you, and you are to take orders from him, but he will not be a commanding figure."

"Each of you are just as important and all of your voices and skills are necessary in defeating the enemy. The scouts say they will reach our borders within a week or ten days at the most. You will do everything together; train, dine, plan. Your chambers will be in the same wing so you cannot be isolated in the event of an attack." He raised his head, glancing at each of his teammates and then back at Elrond. "I trust all of you. You will bring Rivendell to glory and wipe out the vicious creatures that threaten peace for hobbits, dwarves, humans, and elves alike. And now, I will walk the four of you to your rooms. Your travel has been long."

Once Elrond had stood, Daer dipped his head respectfully and followed suit. Imladris. It had been a home to him when he did not fall back on nomadic lifestyle. And so, he would defend it to his very last breath, for an elf can only die in battle. He finally let his amber eyes look long and hard at his companions, his steely gaze pledging loyalty to each of them in a single sweeping look. And do they tromped, exhausted and grim, down a decorated hall and up a flight of steps to the wing their rooms lay in. Daersathir hadn't slept in a real bed in ages and craved one more than anything.
Last edited by Rivkah on Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rivkah

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[ post three ]

Postby floki, » Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:26 am

[ Ьєlєgєтн ]
      ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
      xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx[ tagged; everyone ]
        Two new elves entered the room, causing her to straighten up even more. Prince Legolas, and Tauriel stood before her. She didn't know if she chould stand and bow her head, or to stay the way she was. Belegeth had heard so much about them two. Both very well known. Finally, she decided to at least give them respect. Slowly her head bowed in front of them, before she looked back up at Elrond, waiting for him to speak and start the meeting. As she sat, waiting, her mind ranted on how two very well known elves sat so near to her.

Suddenly, she realized that the eyes that casted on her were confusion. Confusion to why she was here. To why someone so small, could be apart of something so big. So badly did she want to jump up and shake sense into them. She badly wanted to show them that she is great like them. But Elrond speaking caused her to stay put in that chair, which now was very uncomfortable.

Elrond's words floated through the air, like butterflies. They swarmed around her, and wrapped themselves around her head. She was now sitting close to the table, her hand on the table, a finger tapping lightly. This man was to be their commander, and was to train with them. Even worse, they would be sharing the same wing. Now, this wouldn't have bothered her any other time, but now it just made her furious in a way. She had no idea why this was making her so mad, but it just did. The entire thing. Maybe it was because she would be doing everything with the people who judge the small.

Slowly she closed her eyes, and relaxed a bit. She shouldn't be selfish, Rivendell is danger, and these brutes were having the upper hand on this. It was not about her, or about them. It was about the people, and the kingdom it self that was now in danger. Her eyes opened then, and they were filled with understanding, and were as gentle as they could be. The fury she once had inside her, had been shoved down into her stomach, where it tried to burn its way up.

Slowly she stood from her seat, and bowed her head respectively over to Elrond, who was already up. She then looked up at Daersathir, and bowed her head too him as well. Another sign of respect, as well as showing that she will follow him through with this. After that, she looked at the other two elves she was going to be working with, and gave them a small smile, before moving to follow Daersathir and Elrond to the wing. The longing of rest nagged at her, and finally, she would be able to relax her tired body, and aching thighs.
floki,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: [ daughter of the forest ] [ post three ]

Postby Keriae » Sat Mar 08, 2014 2:42 am

TAURIEL.
      [ female ] [ tagged: all ]

Lord Elrond was quick to explain everything. Of course he was. He was a completely different figure of authority compared to King Thranduil and the speed of the words was almost a blur to the Silvan elf in her exhausted state. Luckily she managed to make sense of all the information although her eyebrows did raise momentarily when she found out she would be taking orders from the Avari sat at the table with them. If she had been in a more alert state, perhaps she would have laughed: not at him, but at the fact she was expected to take orders. Giving orders, well, Tauriel was good at that. But taking them was an entirely different matter and it had often lead to her butting heads with Thranduil as she questioned him.

Then they were leaving and she had a blink a few times to clear her head before also standing and following. Thankfully she managed to stop her feet from dragging along the floor and was able to keep her back straight, although her body longed to be cleaned and for rest. She couldn't even form any words - how Legolas had summoned up the strength to speak to not only Elrond but Daersathir, she couldn't fathom - and it took quite an effort to stop her hand from raising to rub along her face. She was just so tired after everything she had been through so far and she knew that nothing but a very long sleep would succeed in bringing her back to full energy. Yet that did not seem to be a possibility, for if their enemy could be here in less than a day, then they would need to get down to business soon.
Keriae

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Greenleaf » Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:22 pm

egolas reenleaf

{ condition: exhausted } { tagged: all }
. . .

• Once everything had been settled down, Legolas carefully lowered his aching body into the nearest empty chair; while he did his best to maintain his composure, he couldn't help but wince slightly as pulled muscles and half-healed wounds were aggravated. The pain soon lessened after a long moment, and the elf managed to pick up the latter sentences of one of Elrond's explanations:
      "... four best fighters and many skilled men and women of every alliable species to aid us. Each of you will have a quarter to lead, but you must also work as a team..."

Legolas listened intently, head slightly tilted to one side as his features were carefully closed off to be replaced by a mildly curious look; it was the expression he unconsciously assumed while listening to lengthy explanations like these. He could easily hear and understand the judgement and tactics that the Lord Elrond had planned out; if Belegeth and Daersathir were as worthy as the elf-lord claimed them to be, then the battle would most surely be able to turn to their favor. Nonetheless, Legolas could not help but stiffen a bit when he heard that the dark-elf would be leading them. He cast a shocked, sideways look at Elrond, before chancing a glance at Daersathir, and if his gaze was laced with thinly-veiled doubt he could hardly care less in his current condition. Legolas, unlike others, didn't truly believe all those stereotypes of the Avari being a ruthless and dimwitted folk - if they still had the right to be called elves, then they should be treated as such. All the same, he conceded that Elrond must have placed an awful lot of trust upon Daersathir's shoulders if this particular dark-elf was going to lead their armies into battle.

He couldn't help but sigh a bit when the council was pronounced over. He gained his feet perhaps a bit too swiftly for his head, as the room seemed to spin momentarily, throwing off his equilibrium and giving him a sense of disorientation. He momentarily closed his eyes until the floor stopped swooping beneath his feet before following the others; he could hardly wait to get into bed and experience the healing of Rivendell, as it was something he quite needed at the moment.

Again, the elf couldn't help but feel doubt when he glanced again at his new companions. Tauriel, of course, he knew well, and he trusted the captain of the guard with his life. The others were different matters, however.

Belegeth was small and seemingly-fragile, and yet Legolas hadn't missed the heated glare the petite elf had thrown his way when he had glanced at her; if her battling skills were as piercing as her glares, then Legolas would have to be careful whilst trifling with her. As for Daersathir... well, if the dark-elf was to be their general, Legolas supposed he could live with that, if in this manner they were able to stop the Uruks.

He sighed again when at long last they reached their rooms, and he managed a fleeting "good night" to the others before entering his chamber, looking forwards to a good night's sleep.
Greenleaf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me