π‹πŽπ’π“ π„πŒππ„π‘π’ ( 𝐚 π₯𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐨 𝐩𝐚𝐜𝐀 𝐑𝐏 )

For roleplaying regular/real-world species with real-world limitations, e.g. cats, dogs, wolves, lions, bears.

꘏ 1 ꘏

Postby Rae'tia » Sun Jul 30, 2023 9:18 am

ο½₯ *.☽ Noir
✲ Role ~ Loner ✲ Location ~ Sunset Bluff ✲ Pack ~ None ✲ Tags ~ Open
indentation Hunger wasn't a stranger to Noir, waking up with her stomach aching and practically roaring with demands for food wasn't new to her. It had even been a source of laughter a time or two, being able to giggle after the sounds alerted her prey to the fact that she was there. It usually meant a bit more of a chase, or having to rely on finding leftover scraps from bears, or hunting slower prey. Either way, it had always been a bit interesting, it kept her on her toes. She struggled to admit it aloud, but the fire had really screwed her over. Noir blamed the humans, to the point that she had more than once considered walking into the nearby human settlement and making a mess of things.
indentationOf course, she also figured that would just make things worse for her kind. Troublemaker she may be, but she wasn't interested in that level of trouble. There was no need to do more damage to the population, she mused with a wiry laugh, before grimacing as her stomach let out another roar, the pain of her empty gut reminding her of her mission. Sighing, she returned to her search. Noir had come here to get a better lay of the land, without having to make the long trek around the whole place. Humming softly, she decided that fish was on the menu for today, or perhaps a hare or squirrel on the way down to the water.
indentation"At least it's a good day for a stroll, the dark grey lass mused aloud,"Maybe I could go pay the Elk Meadows a Visit? Watch those horned monsters for a little while." Keep an eye on which ones are lagging behind, and which foals aren't as fast as the others. Noir added mentally, with a shrewd look in her pale sandy eyes.Plans, plans, plans. Remember Noir, no plan last in the battlefield."

ο½₯ ο½‘οΎŸβ˜† Skoll
✲ Role ~ Loner ✲ Location ~ Willowbrook Marsh ✲ Pack ~ None ✲ Tags ~ Cedar, open
indentationSkoll enjoyed the water, to the point his sister and many of his old packmates had asked if he was part fish. There was just something about the cool and mostly calm waters, that allowed his mind to relax and go blank. If it wasn't for the ach in his legs, he'd probably stay there all day. He hadn't slept much since the fire, and what sleep he did get was plagued by nightmares of the fire. So spent much of his time in the water after he'd taken a few days to recover from the fire. He had things to puzzle out, though maybe puzzle wasn't the right word for it, but that didn't matter much in the long run, did it? Pausing as he stepped up to one sandy part of the bank, Skoll shook out his pale coat, glancing back at the still tender area on his rump where his fur had been burned off and singed the skin.
indentation"Well, thankfully that's mostly behind me." He muttered hoarsely as he padded over to his makeshift den, which he'd called home since the fire. There was the scent of another wolf that the air currents brought to his nose, but he absently elected to ignore it for the time being. Skoll was tired, but not tired enough to sleep. The brute didn't make it all the way to his little den, instead flopping down on one side a few strides from it. Skoll stared off into the distance as his mind wandered to his family. Hati, oh troublesome Hati, where are you?" He questioned softly, as he didn't want to voice his real question, Are you alive, sister? Hati? The loss of his mother and what was likely to be a large portion of his pack, was weighing heavily on his mind.
indentationThe Lupin shook his head and got to his feet, still tired in so many ways, but he wanted to clear his mind in a new way. " Or maybe you're just lonely Ollie and want to meet someone new to soothe yourself." He muttered to himself with a snort, tilting his head moments later as a long drawn-out sigh left him. "Congrats Ollie, you're officially crazy, everyone knows talking to yourself is the first sign." Skoll sneered out with an artificial laugh. His left ear twitched rapidly as he walked, it was an odd quirk he'd always had that came out when he was running on fumes. Despite how tired he was, Skoll just wanted some company, he'd even take a coyote at this point. He wasn't bothered much by the cold that his still-soaked coat brought, he was actually quite thankful actually, he despised the heat, even the warmth of mid-spring was annoying to him.
indentationHe'd made no move to disguise his scent or come from a direction that would protect his identity until he wanted. Ollie followed the scent trail finally finding something solid to track, absently he walked humming something his mother used to sing to him and his sister at night. Soon the sound of splashing water and soft words were whispered into his ears, causing him to pause for a heartbeat. His pace quickened but quickly slowed as the stranger wolf came into sight. He froze at the sight of the large tri-colored wolf, midstep. Blanching for all four seconds, he cleared his throat and blurted out, "Do the fish even taste good, from the nasty so-called water?"
Rae'tia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

--- ( 2 )

Postby Sonder, » Sun Jul 30, 2023 8:17 pm

x
zxxxxxxxxxxx
β‹†Β·Λšβ”€ πŒπ€π‘πˆπ’πŽπ‹ !xxzxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
zxxxxxxxxxxxxzxxx ( position: loner ) . ( bio ) . ( location: the burnt forest ) . ( tags: open ! ) . ( pack: none )
    Marisol stood above her carcass victorious, her once pristine pelt, now torn and smeared with the evidence of her struggle. The air around her crackled with an electrifying intensity, and the vast expanse of the ashen forest seemed to echo the violent encounter that had just transpired. Chest heaving in rapid, irregular breaths, each intake tinged with the acrid scent of fear and adrenaline. Her heart, like a frantic war drummer, pounded fiercely against her ribs, as if desperate to break free from its bony confines.

A thin sheen of sweat glistened on her forehead, a testament to the fierce battle she had waged with the relentless coyotes.The saltiness of her own sweat mixed with something primal, something untamed - the unmistakable tang of coyote blood, which clung stubbornly to her lips. Its metallic flavour sent shivers down her spine, a grim reminder of the savage dance of survival she had engaged in moments before.

β€” But that didn't matter. She had won the carcass. She could eat.

As dawn continued to paint the horizon with hues of rose and gold, there was no hesitation in her movements, no repulsion at the sight of blood and torn flesh. Hunger gnawed at her insides, primal and urgent, driving her to waste no time in satisfying her ravenous appetite.

In a display of unbridled ferocity, Marisol tucked into the carcass, tearing at the meat with a primal determination. Her gashed side was stained crimson, and blood ran down her cheeks like war paint, melding with the sweat and grime that clung to her face. The taste of raw meat and iron flooded her senses, and for a moment, she was lost in the act of survival, every instinct screaming for sustenance. Her eating was frenzied, almost reckless, and she knew she was perilously close to the edge of throwing up. But she wouldn't be deterred by the discomfort or the danger. Mari’s gaze was locked onto her feast, her eyes fierce and unyielding, daring any other scavenger to challenge her claim.

Despite the ragged state she was in, there was an undeniable air of her usual elegance and poise lurking beneath the surface. Even with bloodied maw and tattered fur, her presence retained a certain magnetism that couldn't be extinguished by the brutal encounter she had faced.

x
zxxxxxxxxxxx
β—‹Β°β€” π‹πŽπ‘π‚π€π !xxzxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
zxxxxxxxxxxxxzxxx ( position: loner ) . ( bio ) . ( location: rabbit hollow --> edge of rabbit hollow ) . ( tags: blythe ) . ( pack: none )
    Lorcan’s stomach churned uncomfortably, a constant reminder of the hunger that gnawed at him as he weaved in defeat through the gnarled and misshapen trees that marked the edge of Rabbits Hollow. The forest seemed to close in around him, its twisted branches reaching out like skeletal hands, adding an eerie quality to the already unsettling atmosphere. The anger he felt towards the mocking raven still lingered, and he rolled his eyes as he heard its distant caws, seemingly taunting him further. Under his breath, he muttered a string of threatening words, cursing the raven for disrupting his hunt. But even in his frustration, Lorcan knew that anger alone wouldn't fill his empty stomach. Thus he pressed on, driven by the faint hope that he might stumble upon his escaped quarry again
    Paws padding forward, his senses sharpened, attuned to the slightest hint of movement or sound that might lead him to a meal. The damp forest floor from the earlier rain held a musky aroma of moss and decaying leaves. Just as he allowed himself to entertain the possibility of a second chance at the deer, a distant cry pierced the stillness. A bleating sound, faint but unmistakable, echoed through the trees. The lupine's ears perked up, and he froze for a moment, straining to locate the source of the cry. The bleating continued, growing slightly louder, and Lorcan’s heart quickened. It was the cry of a distressed animal, and instinctively, he knew it must be the same deer he had pursued earlier. With his eyes narrowed in determination, he followed the cry, navigating through the undergrowth with a renewed sense of purpose. As he drew nearer, the bleating became more desperate, intermingled with occasional rustlings of leaves and branches. Instinctually his gate changed into a quiet stealth, closing the distance between himself and the source of the sound.

But as he approached his dearly sought-after prey, a scene unfolded that caught him off guard. Holding back, he watched the wolf intently. Her dark chestnut fur cascaded like flames around her body, as she examined her clean kill marks with an air of satisfaction. For a moment, a jolt of irritation surged through him. This was his kill, his hard-earned reward for days of tracking and persistence. He felt a possessive pang in his gut, unwilling to accept that someone else had claimed the prize he had worked so tirelessly for. Despite the gnawing hunger that drove him, Lorcan’s solitude instinct battled with his pride, contemplating how to approach the situation. The stranger had not yet noticed his presence, affording him a fleeting advantage. He watched her closely, his eyes studying her movements, trying to gauge her intentions. The tension in the air was palpable as he weighed his options … And of course his combative nature took hold.

As Lorcan stepped from the shadows that were concealing him within the dense tree line, his cold eyes met the female’s standing over the deer. Anger and possessiveness gripped him tightly, drowning out the sense of fatigue and defeat he had briefly felt moments ago. Shaking the rain and sweat from his fur, he kept his movements deliberate and controlled, masking his caution under a faΓ§ade of false confidence. β€”

Approaching his prize, Lorcan’s gaze remained unwavering, studying the stranger’s every move. He couldn't shake the feeling that she was a formidable adversary, just as skilled as he was, and perhaps even more so. But he wouldn't back down. Survival in the wilderness required a certain ruthlessness, and he wasn't about to let anyone challenge his place in the natural order.

Reaching the deer, he kept a cautious distance from the fae, the tension between them palpable. With a measured tone, he spoke first, his voice cutting through the stillness of the hollows edge. "Do you often take other wolves' hard-earned kills?" he asked, his words laced with a mix of sarcy accusation and defiance. "Or is today just my lucky day?"

His question hung in the air, daring her to respond. He needed to assert his claim, to protect what he saw as rightfully his. Yet, beneath his brashness, a flicker of doubt lingered. He wasn't certain how she might react, and he couldn't afford to underestimate her.

Sonder,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: π‹πŽπ’π“ π„πŒππ„π‘π’ ( 𝐚 π₯𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐨 𝐩𝐚𝐜𝐀 𝐑𝐏 )

Postby Albino_ » Sun Jul 30, 2023 10:34 pm

Tizzy β—‹ fae β—‹ 4 yrs old β—‹ pack: loner β—‹ location: rabbit hollows β—‹
crush: will be lorcan possibly β—‹
tags/mentions: open (by lorcan and blythe)

Dawn was apon rabbit hallow, it was relatively quiet. Tizzy was sleeping peacefully in her little den she found. Her stomach grumbled as her ear twitched and she woke up from her somewhat peaceful slumber. The fae got up and squeezed out of the den and shook her pelt out as she looked up at the dawn sky, pink and orange scattered across. Tizzy scented the air and ground in search of the scent of anything, prey, predator or another wolf. Her nose twitched as she scented prey, it was a rabbit! It wasnt much but it would do to satisfy her hunger. She went in the search at scented out the rabbit.

Her paws softly walking across the ground as her ears swivled and listen while also tracking her prey. She gave a quiet huff as she spotted the rabbit. Tizzy got into hunting position and crawled her way closer before she pushed off the ground and leaped, but the rabbit heard as it looked up, twitched it's nose and turned the other way and bolted. The wolf took chase as she ran after the rabbit, it was not getting away! Tizzy pushed herself before pouncing off the ground and landed right in the rabbit as the rabbit made an ungodly noise and Tizxy snapped the neck as she held the now dead rabbit in her jaws. She gave a happy huff before looking around the rabbit hanging, she trotted off to a different spot before she tucked herself next to shrubs and she dug into her kill

Albino_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

post two -- blythe, cedar

Postby broken* » Mon Jul 31, 2023 12:05 am

❀. ── ❝ B L Y T H E ❞
    ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
    ( 4 y/o ) ( female ) ( loner ) ( location: canyonlands, then elk meadows/rabbit hollow area ) ( tags: lorcan )
    ❀. ── ❝ medium-sized lean-bodied wolf w/ reddish-tan fur that is short but thick w/ warm gold eyes. ❞

blythe couldn't help the feeling of pride that overcame her at bringing down a larger piece of prey, after having been surviving primarily off of smaller things like squirrels and rabbits for so long. she began to wonder what the best course of action would be for actually consuming her prey; was it safe to remain here, or should she drag the deer closer to the canyonlands, where she had seen far less animal activity due to the rocky terrain and general lack of vegetation? it appeared, however, that the decision was made for her as her ears snapped forward. at first she didn’t see anyone but she just knew in her gut that there was someone watching her; it was unclear whether it was another wolf or a different animal, at least at first, until the greyish wolf stepped into her line of sight.

immediately, blythe took notice of the body language of the male; aggression shown through from every pore of his body. his eyes were cold as they glanced between herself and the body of her prey at her paws, and so blythe immediately went on the defensive herself; her ears pinned flat to her skull, muscles tensing under her fur, baring her teeth as she let a low brow escape her maw in warning right as he spoke. her eyes widened slightly at the audacity of his words, and in a surprising move, a short burst of laughter escaped from her, shaking her chest. it didn’t last long before she was able to control herself and in that split second, her eyes narrowed again, a harsh glint in them as she very purposefully stepped over the body of her prey, positioning her body directly on top of the deer in a clear act of claiming what was clearly hers.

β€œand whose kill is it that i supposedly stole? yours?” her golden eyes purposefully looked over his form in what was clearly meant to intimidate him, as though she were sizing him up, which in a way she was. β€œfrom where i am standing, the kill was mine and mine alone. does this deer have your name dug into its fur somewhere that i missed? does it have any marks from your claws or fangs claiming it? i don’t smell your scent anywhere on the deer either…” blythe tilted her head slightly to the side as though genuinely considering what else could make her kill be his, but her fake confusion turned into a harsh smirk as she let her jaw snap in the male’s direction. β€œbut you know what i do notice? my body standing over it. my scent clinging to its fur. the marks of my teeth in its throat. from everything that labels a kill as someone’s, this one is mine.”

the female took another look at the male before her, sizing him up in case her words angered him to violence. he was thin and clearly had felt the effects of hunger, like practically every other animal in the valley since the fire. technically, a deer was enough prey to provide meat for both of them if she was so inclined to share, however the deer she had caught was not nearly as filled out itself as they used to be, and likely it would not fill the stomachs of both wolves, merely easing their aches. still, had he not approached her in such an aggressive manner, the inner helper within her would have offered to share with this stranger. however, her thoughts were sharply cut off by a lumbering sound coming from just north of them. she was cautious about taking her eyes off of the wolf before her, but eventually she was glad to do so, because she spotted a large ragged form approaching them; a bear. before the fire, typically the bears and wolves of the valley had coexisted relatively peacefully, with the bears only getting aggressive due to protecting their young. this bear had clearly seen better days however, and let out a loud roar as it approached, eyes locked on the deer beneath her. it was clearly still young, not nearly as large as a full-grown would be, and obviously weakened from lack of sustenance. snapping her eyes at the other wolf, she quickly barked out orders. β€œget over here. i’ll split the deer with you if you help me get rid of this thing. neither of us can take it alone, but together we can chase the bear off.”

🌩. ── ❝ C E D A R ❞
    ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
    ( 3 y/o ) ( male ) ( loner ) ( location: willowbrook marsh ) ( tags: skoll )
    🌩. ── ❝ large-sized but lean bodied wolf w/ long soft fur in black, tan, & cream, w/ soft green-gold eyes. ❞

cedar had not even eaten half of the trout before he had to freeze in place, every muscle on his body tensing to either run or fight, depending on the situation presenting itself and how it unfolded. the scent of a strange wolf had crossed his nostrils out of no where, growing stronger as whoever this other wolf was got nearer to him. ears pinning forward towards the direction he caught the scent from, he heard the sound of the wolf approaching, which made him feel even more tense because clearly whoever this was, wasn't going to any lengths to hide that they were coming. his pale eyes locked onto the light-colored-wolf from the second it broke into his range of vision; it appeared to be another large-bodied male like he was, although from his body language, this other wolf didn't necessarily appear to be a threat to him, at least not right now.

cedar didn't allow himself to relax even in the slightest at this thought, however, because he knew that there were some wolves who are incredibly manipulative and with the hunger many animals were facing, anyone was more likely to attack. his ears pinned back against his skull as he kept his eyes locked on the other wolf, taking his appearance in and trying to determine if he could take him in a fight, should things come down to that. cedar couldn't deny though that there was a quickening in his heart that was not because of anger or fear, but excitement at the thought of interacting with another wolf for the first time since he had left his last pack, well before the fire had even occurred.

what he was not expecting was the random comment about the fish at his paws, which caused his eyes to squint together in slight confusion. "guess it depends on if you have gotten used to the taste of fish or not. i've been eating fish since i was a pup, so they taste fine to me. most wolves seem to prefer the taste of a river fish to the kind that comes out of the marsh-waters though." he placed one of his paw's lightly on the half-eaten fish, head tilting slightly to look at the other male again from a different perspective. "who are you?"
broken*

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

--- ( 3 )

Postby Sonder, » Mon Jul 31, 2023 5:07 am

x
zxxxxxxxxxxx
β‹†Β·Λšβ”€ πŒπ€π‘πˆπ’πŽπ‹ !xxzxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
zxxxxxxxxxxxxzxxx ( position: loner ) . ( bio ) . ( location: burnt forest -> south of the river) . ( tags: open ! ) . ( pack: none )
    As the last remnants of the sorely won feast were consumed by Marisol, a subtle, persistent ache began to draw her attention. Hidden amidst the fading echoes of adrenaline, the wound inflicted by the coyote's savage strike sent ripples of discomfort through her side. Her breath caught momentarily as her pale tongue instinctively sought the source of this newfound tenderness. There, upon her once unblemished canvas of skin lay a testament to the untamed clash she had endured. She refused to shy away from the sight, even as her disgust lingered. The fae knew that healing required understanding the extent of the damage.

As daylight painted over the dawn, Mari knew it was time to tend to herself. The dried blood, once a testament to her survival, now felt like a heavy shroud, clinging to her maw and flank like an unwanted memory. The coyote's taste lingered in her mouth, a bitter reminder of the wild encounter she had faced.

With newfound clarity, she resolved to find a source of water to wash away the remnants of the dawns battle. The charred forest offered little in terms of respite, but Marisol knew that she had seen a river snaking through the edge of the burnt forest not far from where she stood. The memory of the river's tranquil flow was a lifeline, and she clung to it like a weary traveller in search of an oasis. With each step, the burnt forest seemed to tell its own tale. Mari let her gaze shift over the charred remnants of once majestic trees that stood as silent witnesses to the fire that had ravaged the land. The scent of soldering wood still hung in the air, a haunting reminder of destruction and renewal. Marisol navigated through the blackened trunks, her eyes darting between the shadows and the slivers of sunlight that pierced through the canopy above.

As she pressed onward, the faint sound of flowing water grew louder, like a siren's call beckoning her closer. Her heart quickened with hope, for she knew that the river was nearby. She envisioned its serene embrace, a place where she could cleanse herself of the blood and grime that clung to her. Finally, the burnt forest gave way to a clearing, and there it wasβ€”the river she had sought. It shimmered like a silver ribbon under the growing daylight, a symbol of life's persistence even in the most desolate of landscapes. Marisol's pace quickened, and she could feel the anticipation building within her.

Bowing by the water's edge, she rolled her tongue bringing it to her lips. The taste of fresh water was a blessing, rejuvenating her senses and quenching a thirst she hadn't even realized she had. Then, with a sense of liberation, she waded into the river, immersing herself in its gentle flow. Blood and soot were carried away down the stream and she stood mesmerised by her own reflection.

x
zxxxxxxxxxxx
β—‹Β°β€” π‹πŽπ‘π‚π€π !xxzxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
zxxxxxxxxxxxxzxxx ( position: loner ) . ( bio ) . ( location: between rabit hollow & elk meadow ) . ( tags: blythe ) . ( pack: none )
    His body language mirrored his sarcastic tone, exuding an air of defiance and confidence. As the auburn wolf positioned herself over the deer, claiming it as her own, Lorcan’s shoulders straightened, and he squared his stance. He stood tall, refusing to let her show of dominance shake his resolve. With a subtle tilt of his head, he arched an eyebrow, as if to challenge her further. The corners of his lips curled into a sardonic half-smile, a hint of amusement dancing in his eyes. Despite the situation, there was a spark of admiration in him for her fierce and unyielding spirit. He could see in her the same determination he possessed, and he knew they were more alike than they cared to admit. His muscles remained loose, but he flexed his claws slightly, a subtle reminder of the latent strength that resided within him. He didn't want to provoke a physical confrontation, but he made it clear that he wouldn't back down easily. With a sarcastic grin, he retorted, "Oh, well, I must have missed the official sign with your name on it, declaring this deer to be yours, my apologies." He leaned slightly closer, his own eyes meeting hers with cheeky glint. "Maybe I should have asked permission before tracking it for days, just to make sure it wasn't reserved for anyone else."

Lorcan's words dripped with sarcasm, as he made it clear he wasn't backing down from this confrontation. He knew he had no real claim to the deer other than his desire to survive, just as she did. Yet, he refused to be belittled or dominated by her. "And while you're right, I don't have my name carved into the deer's hide," he continued, "I guess I just assumed that in the wild if someone is caught stalking a prey, the message is pretty clear. Or does prey usually run straight into fangs unprovoked?"---- As he awaited what he predicted would be an equally witty and potentially violent response, the warning that left her mouth completely through him off... But even with a warning as great as this, Lorcan's stubbornness held firm for a moment, and he scoffed at her proposition. "Nice try, but I'm not falling for your tricks," he retorted, his distrust evident in his voice. "I thought even thieves like you had better morals."

Before he could fully react, the bear closed the distance between them with surprising speed. In a powerful and forceful blow, the bear struck Lorcan, sending him tumbling through the grass. Pain flared in his side, and for a moment, he was immobilized, realizing the gravity of the situation. As he struggled to regain his footing, he reluctantly acknowledged that the fae was right. This was no time for pride or mistrust. Survival was at stake. With a mix of annoyance and begrudging admiration, he managed to push himself up, still nursing the wound from the bear's attack. "Fine," he grumbled, his voice laced with both frustration and acceptance. "But let's make it clear, I'm doing this for the deer, not for you." In a desperate attempt to protect the deer he desired so badly, Lorcan summoned all his bravado to intimidate the bear. He puffed himself up, baring his teeth and emitting low growls, trying to establish himself as a formidable adversary. But the bear seemed undeterred, its attention solely fixed on The she-wolf.

In that precarious moment, a part of him hesitated, contemplating whether to let the bear finish her off. After all, he had grown accustomed to a life of self-reliance, where nobody had sacrificed anything for him. But deep within, a flicker of empathy, a fragment of humanity, compelled him to act. He couldn't simply stand by and let another being suffer when he had the ability to help. As the bear's massive paw went for the deadly blow on the she-wolf, Lorcan’s instincts took over. He lunged at the bear, teeth bared, and clamped down on its arm with all his might. He could feel the bear's fur brushing against his mouth, and in a rare moment of vulnerability, he found himself questioning his actions. Had he made the right decision? Was this act of selflessness worth the risk?

But there was no time for second-guessing. The bear roared in pain and surprise, momentarily distracted from its attack on the she-wolf. Lorcan's grip tightened, trying to keep the bear at bay while also finding a way to communicate with his unlikely ally. Through the bear's fur, he managed to mumble sarcastically, "Are you going to help, or are you just all bark and no bite?"

Sonder,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

꘏ 2 ꘏

Postby Rae'tia » Mon Jul 31, 2023 9:02 am

ο½₯ *.☽ Noir
✲ Role ~ Loner ✲ Location ~ Sunset Bluff -> North of Bison Plateau ✲ Pack ~ None ✲ Tags ~ Open
indentationGazing down at the water for a heartbeat as she walked, the lupine huffed, realizing that it would take much too long for her to get to any kind of destination at this pace. So she burst into a sprint, enjoying the way the speed created a draft that rippled and played with her fur. Dismissing most of her surroundings the she-wolf focused solely on what was in front of her. Skidding and charging around the few obstacles in her way, she speedily made her way around the area. Her pale eyes shimmered as the sun made an appearance, adrenaline surged in her blood and she increased her pace once more, as her path changed.
indentationTurning from her path to the Elk Meadows she turned towards the direction of the Bison Plateau. She nearly tripped over the air as the name brought up an old joke her father had told her once years ago. Oh Alaric you're the gift that keeps on giving, aren't you? She mused, with a soft chuckle. Returning to her speedy but steady pace, the lupine lifted her head to the air to try and catch any scents. There wouldn't be any point in hunting Bison, even if there were any around, and she wasn't in the mood for Elk, which is why she changed course in the first place. Noir had never been much of a hunter, aside from the pheasants she'd caught she wasn't much interested in hunting her own prey. But stealing prey, or snagging carrion wasn't the best or healthiest of options.
indentationAs she mentally struggled on what to do, and what to attempt to hunt, she caught the of something. A mixed scent, fox and hare to be precise."Well, I'm willing to risk it. Any morsel is worth it even if things get a little bloody." she mused aloud, though I'll probably want to clean off in the river afterward. Noir mentally added, as she started tracking the scent of the fox and hare. Salivating at the coppery scent of blood, Noir whined low in her throat as her pace slowed, the scent becoming more and more clear and fresh.
indentationSkidding to a stop, the bright red fur of a fox came into view, which quickly became the fox as she noted the limp hare in its jaws. She grinned with her teeth on full display, more of a bearing of teeth than a smile. The fox froze for all of a heartbeat, before she lunged forward, snarling and tail lashing furiously. Said fox bolted, and as Noir was unwilling to give up a chance to fill her belly, she took chase. With the size difference, between the two animals, it shouldn't have been so hard to catch up and steal her prize. But while Noir was a speedy wolf, the fox seemed to be close to home. Letting out a snarl as the creature lunged into its den, Noir cursed under her breath, unable to stop herself in time as she half ran and half fell face-first into the fox den. She got a face full of snarling foxes for her troubles, but the fox seemed to make a fatal mistake in getting too close. Her jaws snapped around the muzzle of the fox and dragged it out of its den. Yes! Get ready stomach you'll be getting a donation momentarily. She thought as she let go of the creature and battered the creature to the side, its own teeth digging into her flesh. She continued unbothered as it made a series of obnoxious noises at her, and suddenly turned on a dime and surged head-first into the fox den once more. Using one extended forearm, she reached forward and began to drag the hare carcass closer to her with her claws.
indentationThe fox was making ear-bleeding noises outside, while it snapped at her legs and haunches. Noir didn't care much though, even seeing the four little fox cubs curled up at the far end of the den, far out of her reach, her only thought was of filling her belly. Once it was close enough, the battered she-wolf grabbed hold of the hare by the back and abruptly backed out of the den. She swung around, snarling one last time, before darting away, only glancing back to see the fox darting into its den.

ο½₯ ο½‘οΎŸβ˜† Skoll
✲ Role ~ Loner ✲ Location ~ Willowbrook Marsh ✲ Pack ~ None ✲ Tags ~ Cedar, open
indentationHe blinked, one ear twitching curiously as he tilted his head to the right slightly. Nodding, he silently accepted the answer. "True, I don't care for the taste, but it's a good hunk of meat when you're in a pinch." Skoll noted aloud, which is pretty much all the time now, he mused. Giving his head a slight shake, he gave the other wolf a small half-smile, " I'm Skoll, a former subordinate of the Dark Lichen Pack. It's a genuine pleasure to meet you, you're the only wolf I've caught hide or hair of since the fire." He admitted, giving a courteous bow of his head as he introduced himself.
indentationHe glanced at the fish at the other wolf paws, and hummed, "So why fish? I mean they are numerous in the area, but the rabbit hollow is only a ... ah, semi-short trek away." He asked, with a slight grimace. Running his tongue along his teeth, and relaxed a mite. While he didn't care for the taste of fish, the real part that grated on him was the fact that he often got little bones and scales stuck between his teeth nearly every time he ate a fish. Lowering himself onto his haunches, the pale-furred brute relaxed, but kept a keen focus on the stranger.
indentationSkoll licked the left side of his maw, and calmly raised one hindleg to scratch an itch around his shoulder, which needed a bit of contortion of his body. An audible sigh of relief left him as his dull claws struck the area. Then froze as he remembered he was in the middle of a conversation, he cleared his throat and righted himself. "Sorry, that itch had to be scratched." Skoll said, clearly embarrassed.
Last edited by Rae'tia on Mon Jul 31, 2023 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rae'tia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spiritstar3 » Mon Jul 31, 2023 11:18 am

Renee- Nee- f- 7 y- loner- black phase, white marks, golden eyes- bi- mate: Donar if someone wants to play him- offspring: Ford, Kara, Mana, Pann- no other family in RP, but she has/had parents and siblings- Tags: Pann, sons but they're going to move off-> Pann and Mari

The playful, usually happy, but stubborn and hard headed female yawned. She shook her head a couple times. Golden eyes looked to her sons and daughters, and she smiled a canine smile. That was, all up until Ford went and nipped at Mana...He clearly nipped him too hard, as the smaller gray male let out a yelp. This caused Renee to let out a low growl. She watched her bigger son look away and move off. She nodded to herself, he was an adult after all. They were all four adults, to be honest. None of them were pups anymore, and thus she didn't need to worry for them. Still, she did worry, as her mate had gone missing one day. He'd never come back...and she didn't want that to happen to them.

She looked to Ford then to Mana, then finally to Kara. Kara was a brave female, and strong for a female as well. She often protected Mana, as he looked so much like her and they seemed to have a special connection. The black phase white marked she wolf nodded to herself. She left the two boys to her older of her two daughters. They were technically all the same age. She shook her head a couple times. She then nudged Pann, always seeming to have had a special bond with her and Ford.

Ford was caught up with something over there, so he wouldn't go with her. Instead, she had her daughter go, as she seemed to smell another wolf. Ford seemed to smell something as well. He wasn't smelling what she was, though, clearly. She headed off through the burnt forest. Her daughter was only steps behind, and barked to her quietly. She shook her head a couple times at Pann, and continued on. She could hear the younger female give a small sigh. She snorted as she threw a look back over her shoulder...She then continued to walk on, and soon saw a shape in the distance. She knew it, she knew she'd smelled another female. This one seemed to be younger, though she couldn't actually tell from here.

She broke into a trot, to not lose sight of the other female. She could somehow tell this was a female, too, possibly by the scent. She soon changed to a lope, and followed her still. She was relieved when they came to some water. She hadn't had food yet, and neither had her offspring. She should have made sure they caught something first...Shaking her head, she scolded herself, at least glad there was water. She nearly startled as Pann called out to the other female.

Pann- Ann- f- 3 y- loner- white wolf, cream ears, brown eyes- pan; maybe Bluthe, Mari highly likely, Noir- mate open- no pups yet- (dad) x mom: brothers, sister- no other family in RP- Tags: mom, brothers but they're going to move off-> mom and Mari

The soft spoken but sometimes talkative female yawned a bit. She shook her head a couple times, then glanced around. She watched the bigger of her two brothers move to the smaller. She sighed when he nipped Mana, as Mana sat up with a yelp. She heard mom give a low growl. She watched Ford look away, thinking he deserved that. She then watched as her mom looked to the boys and Kara. Soon enough, Renee was nudging her to follow her. Brown eyes of the white she wolf young glanced to her siblings. Ford was preoccupied, and while Mana whined a bit he didn't move to follow. She trotted after her mom, through the burnt forest. She too then saw what her mom saw, and began to lope.

They moved up behind the family, but not directly behind her. She could now see the female seemed to be about her age. She was probably a year or so younger, but still quite close in age. Pann also saw the water, and realized she was thirsty. She wagged her tail a bit, then scolded herself. She walked closer to the water, while also saying "Hello," to the stranger. She could see her mother's surprise at this. She shook her head, then dipped her muzzle into the water to drink.

Ford- m- 3 y- loner- black phase, white marks, brown eyes- homosexual; Takoro- mate- will have to adopt or have a surrogate to have pups- (dad) x mom: sisters, brother- No other family in RP- Tasg: mom and Renee-> Mana but also open

The storytelling male with a love of howling yawned a bit. He and the rest of the family had just woken up, and he glanced around now. Deeply brown eyes caught on a bird, but it was staying in the air...It seemed to be looking for somewhere to go. The stubborn and hard headed male sighed a bit. He shook his head a couple times, turning his eyes to his mom and sisters. He then noticed Mana seemed to still be sleeping. He snorted at this fact, then trotted over. The minimally white marked black wolf stopped beside his gray brother. He lowered his muzzle to the other male. He then nipped the mostly-gray, reddish-brown and white one. He was rewarded with a yelp, and Mana sitting up quick.

Their mother looked over with a grown, so he quickly looked away. He sniffed around a bit, moving away from his family but not too far. He may be an adult, but he got nervous...They had never been a pack, unless one counted their family as a pack. They'd called themselves a family pack, anyway. Ford and the others didn't know who was out here. There were obviously other wolves, he'd heard and smelled them faintly before. They'd just...never run into any of them yet.

Mana- M- m- 3 y- loner- gray wolf, golden eyes- homosexual; Junko maybe, Skoll- mate open- will adopt or have a surrogate to have pups probably- (dad) x mom: brother, sisters- no other family in RP- Tags: family-> Ford but also open

The sweet and gentle but shy and nervous gray, reddish-brown and white male yawned. He stretched out, tail flicking. His ears twitched and perked, hearing the others moving a bit. However, he didn't open his golden colored eyes. He continued to sleep, giving a couple whining yawns. He shifted onto his other side, rolled really, and stretched out again. He moved his head against the dirt and grass a bit. He then stopped, lying still now and falling silent. He heard paws steps approaching, but thought nothing of it. He knew it must be one of his siblings, or even mom. He felt a muzzle touch to his fur, and made a small sound. He then yelped and sat up quick as he was nipped...and saw it was Ford.

He glared at his brother but said nothing on his actions. He looked quite pleased when Renee gave a low growl at Ford. He watched Ford look away, then the other moved off a bit. He shook his head as he watched a moment, then trotted to his mom. "Thank you mama," he said, and yes, he still called her mama. He was barely an adult, and he could do what he wanted. He looked to his sisters, and sighed a bit. Pann looked so much like their dad that sometimes it hurt...
Spiritstar3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

post three -- blythe, cedar

Postby broken* » Tue Aug 01, 2023 1:32 am

❀. ── ❝ B L Y T H E ❞
    ( 4 y/o ) ( female ) ( loner ) ( location: elk meadows/rabbit hollow area ) ( tags: lorcan )
    ❀. ── ❝ medium-sized lean-bodied wolf w/ reddish-tan fur that is short but thick w/ warm gold eyes. ❞

everything that happened with the bear happened to quickly that blythe didn't have much of an opportunity to fully take in the male's words to her, let alone process them enough to come up with some sort of snarky response. she did note, however, that right before the bear arrived, despite the annoyed tone to his voice, this grey male had an undertone of amusement in his eyes as he spoke to her, at least for a moment. but that was all the time that she had to really think on anything regarding their prior conversation, before the young bear was fully upon them, letting out another roar as it landed a powerful blow to the other wolf. blythe's golden eyes widened as her gaze flicked back and forth between the bear, which was now sizing her up, and the other wolf as he hit the ground, thankfully getting back up.

blythe was sure that would hurt the other wolf after the adrenaline of the fight was over, possibly bruising some of his ribs but hopefully not causing any severe internal damage. however, just as quickly as she worried for the male, her worry turned back on herself as the bear turned its body away from the other wolf, focusing its attention on her as she stood over the deer. she was not a small wolf in stature, but neither was she necessarily the largest wolf out there; still, she attempted to make herself appear larger as she let out the nastiest snarl she could manage, her claws digging into the ground at her paws in warning that she would not hesitate to rake them over the bear's fur. however, she found herself temporarily distracted, a dangerous move, by the other wolf as he looked between the bear and herself, almost as if contemplating whether to truly aid her or just leave.

it was in that moment of foolishness that she could have lost her life, but instead the male leapt at their mutual enemy, latching onto its strong arm right before it could have hit blythe. there was an unfamiliar spark from within her chest at his actions, and she couldn't hold back the bark of laughter at his muffled words before the herself leapt into action. her back legs kicked at the deer carcass, pushing it farther away from the fight and hopefully preventing the bear from going after it once both wolves were focused on the fight. in the next second, she had launched herself onto the dark creature's back, digging her sharpened claws (she was never more grateful for the rocks of the canyons keeping them quite sharp) into the clearly weakened (from lack of use or food, who knew) muscles of its back. she buried her teeth into the creatures neck several times, holding on tight and ripping what skin and sinew she could, causing the bear to let out a roar of pain as its blood coated her face and it tried to shake her from its back.

blythe allowed herself then to be tossed from its back, but making sure to drag her claws as deep and long as she could before loosening them to try and catch herself on her paws and not hit the ground too hard. the impact of her body with the solid ground was enough to cause her to let out a low whine as she shook herself up, feeling a bit light-headed from the blow but forcing her head to shake it away; now was not the time. in her moment away however, the bear seemed to know it was losing, and gave a final action of anger or spite at the male wolf still clinging to it; its other large paw swatted down at the grey wolf, and even as blythe soared through the air trying to stop it, she didn't get there in time. all she could think was the hope that it wasn't a lethal blow, as she felt somewhat responsible for this other wolf now, and hoped whatever wounds he sustained were treatable, much like her own (likely) concussion was; but first, she had to finish the fight. blythe let out another snarl as she snapped at the bear's back feet, and seeming to know it was beat, the bear allowed itself to be chased off in the direction it had arrived from.

breathing heavily from a combination of adrenaline wearing off and exhaustion from the fight, all the while trying to ignore the pounding pain in her head and soreness of her muscles which had been unused in this manner for so long, blythe made her way towards the other wolf, nudging his side gently with her nose. "thank you. you could have left me to die there, but you didn't. let me show my gratitude through helping you with your wounds; what hurts and in what ways?" her eyes held a glint of kindness that before had been gone, feeling a part of her old self coming back up to the surface that hadn't had a chance to show since the fire; the part of her that cared for others and enjoyed helping them. she attempted to ease any distrust or fear he may have at her words by continuing quickly. "before the fire, i was a healer in my pack. as long as you can walk, i can bring you back to my den, where you can feast on the deer while i gather the proper herbs to ease your pain."

🌩. ── ❝ C E D A R ❞
    ( 3 y/o ) ( male ) ( loner ) ( location: willowbrook marsh ) ( tags: skoll )
    🌩. ── ❝ large-sized but lean bodied wolf w/ long soft fur in black, tan, & cream, w/ soft green-gold eyes. ❞

by no means had cedar ever been a very aggressive wolf; although he was a larger bodied creature in stature, any fight instinct that he may have been born with had been quickly stomped out of him as an omega in his birth pack. as his keen eyes watched the body language of this other wolf, he tried to judge if there was any threat present; he was never the best when it came to fighting, and knew he likely would lose this fight if it came down to that, so he hoped that it didn't. this skoll, as he introduced himself, had sat down in a relatively relaxed position, had not growled or pinned back his ears at cedar, had really done nothing to indicate any sort of aggressive behavior, and so while some of his muscles remained tense, the young male allowed himself to return to a seated position as well, one of his paws remaining protectively over the fish he had caught.

cedar listened to the introduction of the other wolf, finding it curious that he appeared so friendly, although it did make some sense when this skoll explained he had been a pack wolf before the fire had come. he had never heard of the pack that skoll was from, but he wasn't really from this area, having traveled a fair distance from his own birth pack to attempt to start over. part of his heart hoped desperately that this other wolf may become a friend, that his friendly behavior was genuine and not some act being put on, but there was a sliver of doubt in his mind that kept him on alert, at least for now. as an omega, he had learned not to trust other wolves, and since the fire, he had seen how desperate other animals had gotten, only worsening this. "my name is cedar. i have no pack, although i was born an omega into one far from here." he kept his choice words brief, wondering only too late if he should have kept his former rank to himself.

oh well, no taking it back now he thought, attempting instead to straighten up his spine and not hunch over as he was so used to doing; there was no reason to show submissive behaviors to this other wolf. guess some old habits just die hard. "omegas ate last, and were lucky to have enough left on a carcass to be filling; this was rarely the case. my father had taught himself how to fish to keep us fed in spite of this, and thus taught me once i was old enough as well. i suppose i'm just used to it now, perhaps i even find some comfort in the memories of fishing, i don't know." briefly, he allowed his mind to wander, remembering himself as a gangly little wolf, hardly more than a pup, the first time his father had dragged him to the water's edge and started the lessons in fishing. shaking his head slightly, cedar forced his mind back into the present moment; the past was the past and there was no point dwelling. "you mentioned your pack; are you the only survivor from there? or are there other wolves you've been residing with nearby somewhere?" he felt himself tense at the thought of potential multiple wolves together in a group nearby; that would be a danger for sure.
broken*

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Queen of flames » Tue Aug 01, 2023 5:26 am

Junko - male - 4y - crush: open - Location: Bison Plateau- tags: Sawa, Sako, open
Junko left his sister with her pups to the safe place between the Bison Plateau and Elk Meadow. He took his own youngsters with him to catch something for the whole family, both Sawa, and Sako was pretty good hunters, but they still could need to practice to be even more better. He longed to have a bison, which was a big risk as they were strong animals, but if they could find a young or a sick one, it could not be that bad and this could be the youngster's very first own hunted bison. He looked over to his two pups "Now we're here, and so are the bison...I want you two to do a teamwork to find a great bison into that herd?" he asked them with a flick of his white tail.

Sawa - male - 1,5y - crush: open - Location: Bison Plateau -tags: Junko, Sako, open
He felt excited about the possibility to hunt his very first bison, even if it could be likely young or a weak one, but he knew the risks the healthy bison could make if they mess up around them. He stopped next to his father and looked at the large herd of bison, there were so many of them, but he was mostly trying to see between the large healthy ones to see the younger ones which mostly stayed center of the herd, same with the sick or weak ones. He nodded to Sako "That's a good idea" he responded to her.

Sako - female - 1,5y - crush: open - Location: Bison Plateau - tags: Junko, Sawa. open
Flicking her ears she looked at the herd at her safe distance "I don't see anyone, could we try to circle them to see better?" she asked turning to see his brother and father. She felt pleased that her brother agreed to her idea and her father didn't seem to be against it either. She flicked her tail a little bit before starting to move to the left side to see if she could see any young or weak ones.

Kazuki - female - 4y - crush: open - Location: Elk meadow/ Bison Plateau - tags: Naoki, Akio, open
It was already an hour when her brother left with his pups to catch their prey to eat. She was already hungry and so were her pups, but they could do now anything except wait for them to return or call them to the prey they caught. She could try to hunt something smaller prey if there was anything to be found nearby, but it was pretty clear that the smaller prey knew that they were here, trying to catch an elk alone was not an option to her.

Naoki - female - 2m - crush: open - Location: Elk meadow/ Bison Plateau - tags: Akio, Kazuki, open
She is currently taking naps...

Akio - male - 2m - crush: open - Location: Elk meadow/ Bison Plateau - tags: Naomi, Kazuki, open
He is currently taking naps...
Queen of flames

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

꘏ 3 ꘏

Postby Rae'tia » Tue Aug 01, 2023 11:28 am

ο½₯ *.☽ Noir
✲ Role ~ Loner ✲ Location ~ North of Bison Plateau -> Bison Plateau ✲ Pack ~ None ✲ Tags ~ Open
indentation She carried on running for quite a while, heading closer to the water so she could wash off after eating. There were other wolf scents around. A lot of wolf scents around in this area to be frank, and Noir wasn't sure if she wanted to stay in the area because of it. To make the whole thing worse the Plateau was obviously pretty baren of anything that could shield or hide her from the strangers. Star's above what if it's a new rag-tag pack formed from the destruction of the fire? Or worse a group of lone males looking to start a pack with any available female? Noir shivered in disgust at the very thought. Packs were never going to be her thing unless something dramatic happened and she had to do something drastic.
indentationFinally making it to one of the smaller water sources in the area, the she-wolf allowed her pase to take a slow glance around the area which she knew to be the Bison Plateau. A lone wolf couldn't take down a Bison, but a group could. She paused at the edge of the water, and let out a low hum before setting the hare down beside her. The hare wouldn't fill her belly, that much was obvious, nor could she hunt any bison, even a calf alone. So, she had a few choices. She could eat her snack and try to find these wolves and see if they're interested in hunting bigger prey - if they'd allow her to join them. Or she could continue on as she was. Stealing catches from foxes and coyotes, fishing and occasionally hunting small land mammals.
indentation Noir cured under her breath, she didn't like either option, but she didn't really have a choice. "I'll think it over while I eat." She muttered to herself, not nothing to call herself out for the lie. The fae would eat, and then make a split-second decision and let the cards fall where they will. Probably. Star's, Azrael I wish you were here so I could just follow your crazy lead. At least then I'd have some fun adventures... and a fuller belly.

ο½₯ ο½‘οΎŸβ˜† Skoll
indentation Tilting his head in confusion, Omega? He mouthed the word to himself, brow crinkled and lips curling back in disgust as he seemed to taste the word. It left a bitter taste in his mouth, as it seemed to leave in this strange Cedar. As the tri-colored male explained, his disgust grew along with a kindling of horror and a special brand of anger. It showed clearly on his face, and he was unable to speak due to the lump in his throat. He dug his dull claws into the soft squishy ground below him and wordlessly snarled, only half hearing Cedar as he questioned him about the possibility of other wolves.
indentation"Omega!" He spat the word out as he stood, and began to pace. "My pack never had such a thing! Did they at least teach you how to hunt and fight aside from your fishing with your father?" He asked with a growl, tail lashing angrily. The Dark Lichen Pack had only ever had three ranks, the Alphas, a few healers, and then the subordinates. He'd heard of rumors from loners of other packs having a different ranking setup and though they had mentioned a few ranks that, oh. Oh no. If they're still alive I'm going to track down Hati and Fenrir and set them loose on that vile little pack. He thought morbidly, as he took a calming breath and turned to directly face Cedar. "My apologies, Cedar... I." His voice cut off with a strangled sound, " From what rumors I've heard, my pack's never had anything like an omega in it. The closest, I think would have been one of my aunts, she was more of the type to lower stress with silly pranks and jokes."
indentation He took another deep breath again, as he briefly realized that Cedar had asked about other wolves. He stiffly shook his head, tail still lashing, "No, I'm alone, unfortunately. Not quite used to being alone, which is why when I caught your scent, I decided to come take a look." Skoll sat down again, stiffly this time, as his mind raced, eyes wandering for a bit before they returned to Cedar. "My philosophy in life is that the pack is only as strong as its weakest link, if your pack's omega's are anything like the rumors then I have a big bone to pick with your pack as a whole." He muttered softly, just loud enough so the other male could hear him. Does he need training? Maybe I could help him... if he asks. Skoll wondered, as he clenched and unclenched his paws, softly dragging them against the earth.
Rae'tia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me