๐‹๐Ž๐’๐“ ๐„๐Œ๐๐„๐‘๐’ ( ๐š ๐ฅ๐จ๐ง๐ž๐ซ ๐ญ๐จ ๐ฉ๐š๐œ๐ค ๐‘๐ )

For roleplaying regular/real-world species with real-world limitations, e.g. cats, dogs, wolves, lions, bears.

๐‹๐Ž๐’๐“ ๐„๐Œ๐๐„๐‘๐’ ( ๐š ๐ฅ๐จ๐ง๐ž๐ซ ๐ญ๐จ ๐ฉ๐š๐œ๐ค ๐‘๐ )

Postby Sonder, » Sun Jul 23, 2023 7:03 am

x
x
x
โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ โœงโ€ข โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ โœงโ€ข โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ โœงโ€ข โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€
โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€
โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ Image โ”€โ”€
x
x
x
Last edited by Sonder, on Sun Jul 23, 2023 7:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sonder,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ๐‹๐Ž๐’๐“ ๐„๐Œ๐๐„๐‘๐’ ( ๐š ๐ฅ๐จ๐ง๐ž๐ซ ๐ญ๐จ ๐ฉ๐š๐œ๐ค ๐‘๐ )

Postby Sonder, » Sun Jul 23, 2023 7:34 am

x
x
x
โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ โœงโ€ข โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ โœงโ€ข โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ โœงโ€ข โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€
โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€

As the flames of a catastrophic wildfire subside in Yellowstone National Park, the once-thriving ecosystem
stands in ruins. The lush forests have turned to ash, and the bountiful resources that sustained various lon
ers and solitary creatures are now scarce and hard to find. The surviving loner wolves are now forced to co
nfront the harsh reality of their changed world.

Separated by instinct and a deep-rooted preference for solitude, the loners struggle to adapt to their new
circumstances. With traditional hunting grounds destroyed, the animals must venture into unfamiliar terri
tories, risking encounters with rival loners and packs. The scarcity of food and water heightens the tensio
n among them as they compete for survival.

However, as the loners cross paths during their desperate search for sustenance, they slowly come to reali
ze that they share a common plight. The camaraderie that develops through chance encounters gives birth
to the idea of forming a packโ€”an alliance of convenience to navigate the unforgiving landscape and secur
e their survival.

Will your wolf want to form a pack? Will it be sociable or hostile? Timid or bold? Friendly or unkind?
The choice on how your character develops through this roleplay is all yours....

x
x
x
Sonder,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sonder, » Sun Jul 23, 2023 7:49 am

x
x
x

1. Respect and Chill: Be cool and kind to each other! This is a relaxed plot RP, so let's keep things friendly and
drama-free. 2. Stay True to Your Character: Embrace your character's uniqueness and stick to their personality
, skills, and background. It's all about individuality! 3. Plot Freedom: Feel free to start your own stories and pl
otlines! This RP is all about creativity, so go ahead and make your mark on Yellowstone. 4. Go with the Flow: T
here's no strict posting order here. Jump in and out of scenes as you please. Let the story evolve naturally. 5.
Have Fun with Details:
Longer posts are awesome, but don't stress! Share enough to keep the RP engaging, but
don't feel pressured to write a novel. 6. Be an Active Explorer: Roam the wilderness, meet other loners, and fo
rge bonds. The world is your oyster, so let your imagination roam free! 6. No Power Trip: Superpowers and invi
ncibility aren't cool. Let's keep things fair and fun for everyone involved. 7. Communication is Key: If you're go
ing on a break or need a timeout, just let me know. I'm chill, and real life comes first! 8. Collaborate and Co
nsent:
If you're planning big events or affecting other characters, chat with the players involved. It's all about
teamwork! 9. Embrace the Adventure: Remember, this RP is about having a blast and embracing the spirit of t
he wild. So, howl at the moon and enjoy the ride! 10. So, gather 'round, unleash your creativity, and let the s
tory unfold. Yellowstone's wild landscape awaits your tales of bravery, friendship, and survival. Happy RPing!

x
x
x
Sonder,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ๐‹๐Ž๐’๐“ ๐„๐Œ๐๐„๐‘๐’ ( ๐š ๐ฅ๐จ๐ง๐ž๐ซ ๐ญ๐จ ๐ฉ๐š๐œ๐ค ๐‘๐ )

Postby Sonder, » Sun Jul 23, 2023 8:52 am

x
x
x
x
x
x
Last edited by Sonder, on Sun Jul 30, 2023 4:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sonder,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sonder, » Sun Jul 23, 2023 9:03 am

x
x
x

marisol | 2 | fem | loner | sonder, | charismatic, unpredictable, with a touch of sophistication masking her underlying complexities.
lorcan| 4 | male | loner | sonder, | a rugged wolf with an unassuming demeanour, donning a simple silver pelt
blythe | 4 | fem | loner | broken* | cheerful and carefree with warm gold eyes; was once a "tough-love" healer.
ceder | 3 | male | loner | broken* | with a mistreated past as an omega in his pack, now seeks acceptance and companionship.
takoro | 3 | male | loner | kaju | an ambitious and determined lone wolf, seeks a pack despite his cold and blunt demeanor.

izuri | 2 | fem | loner | kaju | a quiet, sarcastic, talented hunter, who appreciates life's little things but gets easily distracted.
noir | 4 | fem | loner | Rae'tia | mature, sensible, and observant; prioritizes others but can be grim and vague when annoyed.
skoll | 3 | male | loner | Rae'tia | moody, sarcastic wolf, navigating life with obnoxious charm, pushing himself and others to excel.
ranee | 7 | fem | loner | Spiritstar3 | mother too, ford, kara, mana, pann she is playful, family-oriented with stubbornness & sensitivity
pann | 3 | fem | loner | Spiritstar3 | sweet, gentle, soft spoken, but sometimes talkative fae. she's silly, playful & fun loving.

ford | 3 | male | loner | Spiritstar3 | lovable, talkative with a penchant for howling, yet can be stubborn and aloof at times.
mana | 3 | male | loner | Spiritstar3 | loves pups, stories, adventures but is shy and nervous around loud sounds and sudden movements.
naoki | 2 mths | fem | loner | Queen of flames | sister to akio. she's lovable, and innovative with a few temperamental & petty tendencies.
akio | 2 mths | male | loner | Queen of flames | brother to naoki. he is passionate, punctual, and adaptable, but can be forgetful and disorganized.
sawa | 1.5 | male | loner | Queen of flames | brother to sako. he's imaginative, warm, decisive, with occasional competitiveness.

sako | 1.5 | fem | loner | Queen of flames | sister to sawa. she's sympathetic, friendly, with a clear-headed / rational approach to life.
junko | 4 | male | loner | Queen of flames | brother to kazuki...
kazuki | 4 | female | loner | Queen of flames | sister to junko...
tizzy | 4 | fem | loner | Albino_| a reserved but affectionate wolf who embraces optimism, yet possesses a stubborn & candid side.

errol | 4 | male | loner | Keesa | aloof and solitary , masking his true self with sarcasm, seeks safety while valuing personal freedoms.
ghost | 4 | male | loner | boba_tree | Slightly quiet and observant, but also warm and empathetic to others.
name | age | gender | loner | user | brief desc
name | age | gender | loner | user | brief desc

x
x
x
Last edited by Sonder, on Wed Aug 09, 2023 8:29 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Sonder,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sonder, » Sun Jul 23, 2023 9:08 am

x
x
x

This RP, "Lost Embers," is designed to be a relaxed plot roleplay, allowing participants the freedom to explore and
initiate their own stories and plotlines within the shared setting. While there is a general plot to guide the rolepl
ay, users are encouraged to exercise creativity and take initiative in crafting their character's individual journeys.

Participants are free to maneuver through the RP as they please, embracing the open-world nature of the rolepla
y to develop unique interactions and plot arcs. Whether it's forming alliances, exploring the wilderness, or delvin
g into personal character development, the possibilities are endless.

x
x
x
Sonder,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sonder, » Sun Jul 23, 2023 9:12 am

x
x
x

Season: Spring | Time of day: Miday | The weather: Mostly sunny with light showers in
some areas. Humidity is on the rise suggesting a storm may brew tonight

๐‹๐š๐ง๐๐ฌ๐œ๐š๐ฉ๐ž ๐š๐Ÿ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐–๐ข๐ฅ๐๐Ÿ๐ข๐ซ๐ž:

The aftermath of the wildfire has left the park with a bittersweet beauty. Charred remnants of trees contrast with
fresh green shoots emerging from the scorched earth. The geothermal springs continue to bubble, providing small
pockets of warmth amidst the changing landscape. Patches of wildflowers add vibrant colors to the rejuvenating
scenery, hinting at the hope of a vibrant spring renewal.

๐…๐จ๐จ๐ ๐’๐œ๐š๐ซ๐œ๐ข๐ญ๐ฒ:

In the wake of the wildfire, food has become scarce and competition for resources is fierce. Many traditional hunti
ng grounds have been altered or destroyed, forcing creatures to venture into unfamiliar territories in search of sus
tenance. Survival will require resourcefulness, adaptability, and perhaps, forming alliances.

๐€๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ๐š๐ ๐ž ๐‡๐ฎ๐ง๐ญ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐’๐ญ๐ซ๐ฎ๐ ๐ ๐ฅ๐ž๐ฌ ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐š ๐‹๐จ๐ง๐ž๐ซ ๐–๐จ๐ฅ๐Ÿ:

As a lone wolf in this unforgiving wilderness, your character will face unique challenges to secure their meals. P
rey animals are wary, sensing danger after the wildfire, making it harder to sneak up on them. Additionally, larg
er predators, like rival wolf packs and other lone hunters, vie for the same food sources.

๐”๐ฌ๐ฎ๐š๐ฅ ๐ƒ๐ข๐ž๐ญ & ๐‡๐จ๐ฐ ๐“๐ก๐ž๐ฒ ๐†๐ž๐ญ ๐…๐จ๐จ๐:

Loner wolves typically rely on a diverse diet to survive. They hunt small to medium-sized mammals, such as rab
bits, squirrels, and deer. With food scarce, they may have to supplement their diet with fish from streams or bir
ds and eggs when opportunities arise. During spring, young and vulnerable prey might be more abundant, but th
at also means increased competition from other predators seeking easy targets.

x
x
x
Last edited by Sonder, on Mon Jul 31, 2023 6:23 am, edited 3 times in total.
Sonder,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sonder, » Sun Jul 23, 2023 9:15 am

x
x
x
โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ Image โ”€โ”€
x
x
x
Sonder,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

--- ( 1 )

Postby Sonder, » Sun Jul 30, 2023 5:44 am

x
zxxxxxxxxxxx
โ‹†ยทหšโ”€ ๐Œ๐€๐‘๐ˆ๐’๐Ž๐‹ !xxzxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
zxxxxxxxxxxxxzxxx ( position: loner ) . ( bio ) . ( location: the burnt forest ) . ( tags: open ! ) . ( pack: none )
    Marisol, found herself seeking solace away from the confinements of her make-shift den. Dressed in a sleek black the lupine stepped into the early glow of dawn, her body appearing like a mear shadow against the faint pastel sky. She began her venture into the woods, and revelled in the freedom that enveloped her.
    As she came further into the burnt forest dappled sunlight filtered through the charred canopy above, casting ephemeral patterns on her ebony complexion. A subtle smile graced her lips, mirroring the anticipation that bubbled within her. This untamed realm offered a respite from the mundaneness of her life, and she relished the danger it whispered.

In the desolate, almost post-apocalyptic landscape, where life had succumbed to the harsh grip of starvation and scarcity, Mariโ€™s senses led her to an unexpected sight. A carcass lay before her, the remains of an elk that had perished from the pangs of hunger. The vegetation around the area was charred, a testament to the unyielding fire and the cruel fate that had befallen upon it. Her heart couldn't help but race, for she had not encountered such an easy meal in what felt like an eternity. Her body trembled with a mix of anticipation and desperation as she approached the lifeless creature.
    A low growl escaped her throat as she licked her parched lips tentatively. The promise of sustenance was overwhelming, and her primal instincts urged her to feast before any other scavenger found this feast of fortune. โ€” But as she was about to dive in, a faint rustling caught her attention. Marisol's ears perked up, and her eyes darted to the edge of the clearing, where the undergrowth quivered with movement.

Suddenly, two greedy coyotes emerged from the shadows, their eyes fixed on the same prize that had beckoned herself. โ€œGreatโ€ she mouthed, eyeing their wiry frames and sharp fangs. Heart sinking her hopes of an easy meal faded into an unexpected battle for survival. The coyotes yowled with hunger, a haunting sound that echoed through the barren landscape.
    And she knew a fight was destined, for retreating now meant condemning herself to another gruelling search for food in a land where sustenance was a mirage. Drawing upon her last reserves of strength, she squared her shoulders and bared her fangs, a fierce determination burning in her eyes, taunting them in her head โ€˜Common try meโ€™.
    The clash was swift and savage. Marisol lunged at the larger of the two coyotes, her thin frame concealing surprising agility and resilience. Her fangs found purchase in the coyote's scruff, and the creature retaliated with a snarl that sent shivers down Mari's spine. The second coyote circled, waiting for an opportunity to strike.

With a burst of adrenaline-fueled energy, the lupine managed to break free from the first coyote's grasp, but not before sustaining a deep gash on her side. Being forced to ignore the pain, she pivoted, meeting the second coyote's assault head-on. Their fangs gnashed and claws clashed, each desperate to claim the prize that lay between them.
    Mari fought with a tenacity she didn't know she possessed, driven by an instinct to survive at any cost. Her movements were swift, and her senses sharp, as she danced around her adversaries with calculated precision. Yet, her fatigue was undeniable, and the pain in her side grew more excruciating with each passing moment.

Just when it seemed like the odds were insurmountable, Marisol found a split-second opening and seized it. With one last surge of strength, she delivered a powerful blow to the second coyote's head, stunning the creature momentarily. It was the moment she needed to make them rethink their attack.

With slinking limping bodies her two foes shuffled away, followed By Marisolโ€™s glare and her raised tail. โ€” The prized carcass, for now, was hers โ€ฆ.

x
zxxxxxxxxxxx
โ—‹ยฐโ€” ๐‹๐Ž๐‘๐‚๐€๐ !xxzxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
zxxxxxxxxxxxxzxxx ( position: loner ) . ( bio ) . ( location: rabbit hollow ) . ( tags: open ! ) . ( pack: none )
    In the early hours of dawn, as the first rays of light kissed the earth, Lorcan ventured through the ancient terrain of Rabbits Hollow. The forest remained gnarled and eerie as it had before the fire, and the air was heavy with the promise of rain. With gentle drizzle began to descend, shrouding the landscape in a fine mist.

The raindrops danced around him, finding their way through the trees to drench his unruly fur and glisten on his tanned face. But Lorc hardly minded, for the cool rain brought relief to the semi-recent burn marks that adorned his back like rugged battle scars.
    He had been on the trail of a deer for the past four arduous days. The creature seemed to possess an uncanny sense, avoiding the scorched areas of Yellowstone left behind by the devastating wildfire. Just like him, the deer must be feeling the pang of hunger gnawing at its insides, as food became scarce amidst the charred aftermath of nature's fury.

Being a loner had been Lorcanโ€™s way of life for a longtime, but now, it felt even more pronounced. His frame now even more lean and sinewy as it navigated through the terrain like a shadow, nimble and graceful. But the recent wildfire had turned hunting into an impossible game. His prey could anticipate his moves, and the once familiar wilderness had changed, becoming a realm of challenge and uncertainty.

Finally, Lorcan became within striking distance of his prey, inching closer to the elusive deer, heart pounding in excitement as his stomach rumbled with anticipation. Within mere metres of his prey, he could almost taste the triumph of a successful hunt. Gracefully stalking through the thick ferns, every step was measured and calculated to avoid the slightest noise.

But fate had other plans, as a scrawny raven suddenly swooped down onto a nearby branch. The bird's caw reverberated through the forest, and the deer's ears perked up, sensing danger. In a heartbeat it was gone โ€” his chance was gone.

Frustration welled up inside Lorcan, and he shot a furious look at the raven perched smugly on the branch. "Damn you!" he snapped, his voice tinged with annoyance. "Why did you have to ruin everything?"

The raven cawed back at him, seemingly amused by the turn of events, as if it knew it had caused a disruption in Lorcanโ€™s plans. It fluffed its feathers, its beady eyes fixed on the irritated hunter. "What do you think is so funny, huh?" He demanded, feeling the tension rise. He was already on edge from days of stalking and tracking, and this mischievous raven was pushing his buttons. The raven tilted its head to the side, as if in contemplation, and then let out another caw, almost as if responding to the males question. It was as if the bird was mocking him. "Oh, you think you're clever, don't you?" Lorcan barked, his frustration giving way to a begrudging sense of respect for the raven's audacity. "Talking back to me like you understand what I'm saying."

The raven cawed again, and a flicker of realisation crossed Lorcans face. โ€˜Wait... am I really talking to a feather-brained bird?โ€™ he thought to himself, half embarrassed that he stooped as low as arguing with a common bird. The raven, unfazed by Lorcan's internal monologue, continued to caw, seemingly enjoying the interaction with the wolf intruder in its territory.

With a shake of his head and snarl, Lorcan conceded defeat. "Alright, you win," he said, throwing his paw up in exasperation. Before slinking back into the hollows depths.

Sonder,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

post one -- blythe, cedar

Postby broken* » Sun Jul 30, 2023 7:51 am

โ€. โ”€โ”€ โ B L Y T H E โž
    โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”
    ( 4 y/o ) ( female ) ( loner ) ( location: canyonlands, then elk meadows/rabbit hollow area ) ( tags: open (nearby lorcan) )
    โ€. โ”€โ”€ โ medium-sized lean-bodied wolf w/ reddish-tan fur that is short but thick w/ warm gold eyes. โž

blythe couldn't help the slight sigh that escaped from her as she watched the sun rise up above the treeline, warming the lands beneath it and casting away the shadows of the night. she had always been an early bird, as her old pack-mates would say, finding it to be a waste of a day if she slept in too late. she had far too much to do back then as a pack healer; go out searching for herbs she was running low on to fill her stocks, check in with any pack-members that had been sick or injured, deal with any new complaints, see how the nursing and pregnant mothers and their pups were doing, so on and so forth. not that it really mattered much anymore, since she didnt have anyone to take care of besides herself. she could afford to sleep in a day or two, or every day really, but the female found that old habits died hard. the one selfish thing that she always allowed herself time for was watching the sun either rise or fall; typically, the sunrise was easier for her to catch, as not many of her old pack-mates had been awake yet at the time, and so even now, she had found a nice rocky over-hanging to sit each morning. however, there was only so much time that blythe could 'waste' in the mornings now, watching the sun come up, and finally she felt her paws itching to move, so she stood up.

looking around at her surroundings, she took note of where she was; ever since the fire had wiped out the majority of her pack, separating her from any survivors due to her having been out herb hunting when it occurred, she had found herself temporarily residing on the edge of the canyonlands. she knew this area quite well, or at least the type of territory that it was, and found that the similarities to her old home were comforting. blythe also knew the types of plants that grew in this terrain, some that would perk up out of cracks in the rocks, others that would spring up on the edges of the canyons themselves, and all the in between. she didn't necessarily have a stock of herbs in her temporary den, a little alcove in a rocky outcropping she had found, but it comforted her all the same to know where to look if she did need something, and since being alone she had scouted the area quite heavily to ensure the knowledge of certain healing herbs.

slowly and silently, the female made her way down the rocky hillside, creeping into the steep canyons and valleys of the area as she decided to go out in search of something to eat. while the canyonlands had been a good place for sturdy herbs to start growing back, there wasn't yet enough grass or trees to really call to many prey animals to return to the area, so she had to leave the relative safety of her temporary home. feeling her stomach grumble, she racked her mind for how long it had been since she had a meal; just yesterday she had managed to catch a pair of rabbits, although they had been quite sinewy themselves due to lack of sustenance. shooting up a prayer to the skies above and mother nature herself, blythe hoped beyond hope for something more filling today, as she slunk cautiously in the lands between elk meadows and the rabbit hollows.

the lean-bodied female froze in place as she heard rapid hoof-beats coming from somewhere nearby and she dropped instantly into
      a crouch at the edge of some dried out bushes which she thankfully could camouflage herself within; being more of a reddish colored wolf typically was only beneficial in the autumn, but with the recent fire, there was more scorched earth and things she could hide within. her keen gold eyes quickly spotted the thin deer as it slowed down its pace, and she knew that she needed to be alert, as if the creature was running there could have been something recently chasing it. she bided her time, not at all having an issue with patiently waiting just out of sight of the jumpy animal, whose ears seemed to swivel on a constant alert; not that she could blame the poor thing. but thankfully for her, the deer seemed to be so preoccupied with the direction that it had run from, that it had no idea it was slowly approaching where she hid as it scrounged around for vegetation; not until it was too late. the creature was less than a wolfs-length away from her before its eyes widened in recognition of the hidden shape, but it stood no chance. within less than a heartbeat, she had pounced on the thing, bringing it to the ground and snapping its neck in a quick manner to avoid a painful death. unfortunately, the deer had let out a loud bleat of fear before she could silence it, and so blythe froze over its body, eyes and ears on a swivel in case whatever had been following it previously was made aware of its death and came looking.

๐ŸŒฉ. โ”€โ”€ โ C E D A R โž
    โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”
    ( 3 y/o ) ( male ) ( loner ) ( location: willowbrook marsh ) ( tags: open )
    ๐ŸŒฉ. โ”€โ”€ โ large-sized but lean bodied wolf w/ long soft fur in black, tan, & cream, w/ soft green-gold eyes. โž

cedar felt the soft rays of the morning's first light filtering its way in to what had become his temporary den in the marsh, ever since the fire had ravaged through much of the territory around. with a low groan to himself, he slowly stood up in the small space, stretching his back out until he felt a comforting crack, rolling his shoulders in an effort to warm up some muscles that were tense from sleeping in the tightened space. slinking out of the den-like-space he had been residing in, a small clearing underneath the roots of a particularly large mangrove tree that was located on a small patch of dry land within the marsh, he blinked the sleepiness from his eyes as he looked around as the wetlands. he hadn't come across very many other large predatory animals since coming to reside in this space, knowing that it was likely due to the majority of the area being under-water to some extent, with very few patches of dry land like the one he slept in. the most danger he had to really contend with was snakes that could swim through the water, or the occasional lumbering bear that entered the outskirts of the area to fish. cedar had found himself seeking refuge within the marsh since right at the end of the fire, finding safety (at least in his mind) from the smoldering heat from within the densely wet plants that didn't burn nearly as easily.

cedar couldn't help but notice, as he looked around, that the water had gone down a bit around his den since the previous evening when he had turned in for the night, and he let out a low sigh. the heat from the fire's blazes may have died out, but the underlying warmth still seemed ever-present in the way that the the territory appeared to be constantly changing. slipping into the waters of the marsh around him, cedar could nearly touch the floor of the water in some places, although thankfully it was still deep enough in most places that he had to actually swim. slowly but surely, in no rush to necessarily be anywhere in particular, he made his way through the still waters, heading towards the river that bordered the eastern side of the marsh. technically he could try to fish for something to eat here within the marsh, but he found that the slight fight that the running water of the river gave him was more of a fun challenge. he wasn't nearly as filled out and muscular as he used to be, but he wasn't quite as thin or scrawny as some loners likely were with the struggles for food lately. cedar had learned how to fish in still and running water from his father, who had taught him the importance of being able to find more unusual food to keep himself sustained. omegas always got the worst of the prey that was left-over after the rest of his birth pack ate, so his father taught him how to fish to fill the void of hunger left from these scraps.

finally, cedar slipped onto relatively-dry land; the ground beneath his paws was sticky as the mud softened his paw-pads, but he paid the squishing no mind as he moved his body easily through the tall grasses that stuck up from the wet ground, filling the space between the marsh and the river. ever so slowly, he peeked his head out from the safety of the grass that had thus-far kept his body hidden from any other creatures, his pale eyes scanning the area around the river for any sign of trouble. at this moment, not noticing anything in particular, he slipped out of the grass and into the rivers waters, right along the edge where he could still stand easily but also within a paws-reach of the slightly deeper area where fish tended to swim or hide. his keen eyes focused solely on the darkened area of a nook between the rocks, where the higher ground he stood on slanted off into the deeper waters, knowing certain types of fish often hid in these tighter spaces. he didn't really even notice as the cool water ran over him, his fur still weighed down from the warm marsh water. his ears remained perked up and swiveling around himself, always on the alert for the approach of another creature, but his eyes remained locked on his potential prey. and just there! in a flash, he dunked his head under the water, right along the crevice of the rocks, and came back up with a flapping trout in his mouth.

as quick as he good, cedar slipped out onto the side of the river, killing the trout in record time before releasing it fully from his mouth on the ground at his paws. he knew that he would need to catch a few more fish to have a full stomach, but he was confident enough in his skills to eat them one fish at a time. besides, he also knew that having a stack of fish was just asking for trouble, the scent once he started eating would be bad enough to draw other animals towards him. cedar would eat this trout, and then move along down the river until he was far enough away from the remains of the fish that he felt safe to fish again, as was his pattern. with a sigh to himself, he muttered out a few words before he began to eat; "why does it have to be this way.. always looking over my shoulder, running from one place to another.."
broken*

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me